• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 pm

7 Lucky Gods from Japan

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.

7 Lucky Gods from Japan

Unread postby lucky7clover » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:09 pm

I have this small basket, about an inch in height and width with tiny figures of the 7 Japanese Lucky Gods inside (they're quite small). This is something I forgot that I had. This morning I noticed that one of the Gods fell out of the basket (which I kept inside a box)... so I put him back into the small basket. Today at work, I realized that I had so much luck! First of all, I was monitored (i work at a call center and our phone calls are listened to and we are graded on how we serviced the customer), and I ended up getting 105% because the customer was so thankful on how much I helped her. Secondly, I upselled three items today... and on a weekly basis, I normally get around 6 or 7. And then Thirdly, I got to go home a half an hour early. I felt super lucky.

I swear I saw something on Lucky Mojo site that mentioned the 7 Lucky Gods of Japan. I can't seem to find it now. The little figurines that I have are not even concencrated, so I was surprised that just by touching one, I obtained luck. So I'm definitely going to concencrate them now!
lucky7clover

Re: 7 Lucky Gods from Japan

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I don't know that much about then but I believe the laughing Buddha is/was one of them, Hoti if memory serves. Lucky Mojo has this : http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-japanese-lucky-7.html Hope that helps. And congratulations on all your luck, hope it keeps up.
Turnsteel

Re: 7 Lucky Gods from Japan

Unread postby lucky7clover » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Actually I ended up looking for information on the 7 Japanese Gods of Luck... and tried to figure out which one was the one that I touched and it was Hotei Buddha. Here's a list of them:

Ebisu - God of Fishermen, Good Luck, Commerce and Honest Labor
Daikokuten - God of Earth, Wealth, Prosperity, Farmers, Flood control and The Kitchen
Benten - Goddess of Music. Fine Arts, Eloquence and Literature
Hotei - God of Contentment and Happiness
Fukurokuju - God of Wisdom, Longevity, Verility and Fertility
Juroujin - God of Longevity
Bishamonten - God of Treasure, War, and Warriors

Ironically, the 7 Lucky Gods of Japan are not all from Japan. Ebisu is the only deity with Japanese origin. Three are from Hindu-Buddhist pantheon from India (Dikokuten, Benten and Bishamonten) and the other three are from the Chinese Taoist- Buddhist traditions (Hotei, Fukurokuju, and Jurojin). What I found funny was that Benten, in Hinduism is actually Sarasvati. Sarasvati loves literature and knowledge and she is said to guard libraries.

And I also found some information of the significance of the number 7 in Japan. Ancient Japan was founded around seven districts. In Japanese folklore, there are seven treasures and seven deities of good luck. Japanese Buddhists believe people are reincarnated only seven times, and seven weeks of mourning are prescribed following death.

Quite interesting, which sounds like it connects to Hoodoo is on the night of January 2nd, place a picture of the 7 deities aboard their "Treasure ship" or Takarabune underneath your pillow. And if you have a lucky dream that night, you will have luck for the entire year.
lucky7clover

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo