• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Animal Is Attracted To or Messing With Altar Space or Spells

Animal Is Attracted To or Messing With Altar Space or Spells

Unread postby happilydysphoric » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:24 am

Hi all, I'm new to this forum (but not to spell casting) and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. This morning I was burning a candle and concentrating on my intention, when all of a sudden my cat started freaking out - meowing crazily, biting me, etc. This has never happened before and I'm wondering if this is just a strange coincidence or if others have noticed cats responding to spiritual work in this way.
happilydysphoric

Re: My Cat Acting Crazy While I Am Spell-Casting??!

Unread postby roar1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 am

I have several cats and at different times when I'm doing my candle work they will come into the room and lay at my feet in front of the altar. I haven't had any freak out during the process, they are always subdued and seem to have air of respect to them. Now the 5 months old Great Dane puppy is another story. He chooses that time to become his most active.
roar1

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Well cats are rather sensitive to smells so it could be the smell of the candle or oils.
Turnsteel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Catnip and other herbs to which cats respond are used in various spiritual supplies.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Dogs Dug Up My Spell Remnants

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Sun May 31, 2009 5:16 am

Okay, we have dogs. Lots of dogs. Well, this morning, I went into the back yard and found a nice fresh hole where spell remnants had been buried about 10 days ago.I thought I had it in a spot not of their usual digging and deep enough to boot. But apparently I was mistaken. I was unable to find remnants to re-bury. Knowing the mutts, they probably have it under the house which is impossible to get to.

So now what? Do I need to re-do it? I don't know if they've shredded it, eaten it, or just have it playing tug-of-war somewhere. Anyone?
SouthernGirl

Re: Doggone it!

Unread postby thelightfantastic » Sun May 31, 2009 7:13 am

I would redo the spell if I were you. I've had to recast a few spells because of nosy animals too. It might not be necessary, but if some remnants of mine get disturbed, I tend to think the spell itself is disturbed. To cover my bases, I just recast but then I'm a bit neurotic. :lol:

It might also be a good idea to bury your spell remnants in a potted plant if you can. If not, start setting a large stone or even something heavy over the spot so your dogs can't dig that place up.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

Re: Doggone it!

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Sun May 31, 2009 7:50 am

Yeah, I have a couple of spots that I've got some heavy concrete pavers that I've buried under. Do you ever get to where your yard is full? I mean, candle wax lasts a long time! I've got a decent sized yard, but with the animals, it kind of limits bury spots! :D

Okay, and this just has me thinking: Since we're way rural, have a septic tank, is flushing it sort of burying since it's staying in my yard? I mean, I know symbolically it's not and that's probably a big enough difference that it would rule it out. But just curious now.

Yeah, I'm thinking way too much. More coffee needed now, and to try to remember exactly which spell to repeat. I've been pretty prolific lately :) Maybe I need to record my burial spots now. Sheesh! :roll:
SouthernGirl

My Lucky Mojo Products Spilled

Unread postby DaSkokieOkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey folks,

This is a stupid thing to admit to.: I can put things away and so far away that I am certain I have completely covered all of my bases...and one of my cats will find a way to make my life miserable. I have break up powder, incense, and hot foot powder dumped on the dishes that were in my sink to be washed.

I feel like I have a crime scene, or hazmat situation in my kitchen. I am afraid to touch anything until I know how I should treat it. Pitch my dishes completely; just wash them as normal; or maybe do something like rinse them with salt and hyssop, rue, something... bleh. Maybe I should just pitch the cat. :oops:

Thanks in advance. any help as soon as possible, will be greatly appreciated.

JJ
DaSkokieOkie

Re: Contamination?

Unread postby Lukianos » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi JJ,

First, put on some rubber gloves and sweep up what you can of the powders and incense around the sink. If there's a lot of dust, you may want to wear a dustmask while you do this. Discard the sweepings (separate bag to be taken outside if you like). Next, assuming you want ot keep your dishes, wash your dishes with a lemon-based dish soap. Or Chinese Wash. Lather and rinse them them by hand a couple of times, being sure to get all the dust/incense/etc. off of them. If you have a dishwasher, run them through that *after* getting all the product off of them.

Good luck!
Lukianos

Unread postby DaSkokieOkie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Sorry to take so long to get back here. I am borrowing a computer on occasion now.

I could not find a lemon based dishsoap that actually has real lemons in it! Try it. I made myself crazy until I decided to get some plain castile soap and real lemon oil. With the arrival of the Chinese Wash everything is just fine. I think I should wash the cat in some too. Haha.

Uhg. I am so glad to have that mess out. Cleaning back to front helped too.

Thank you so much!

JJ
DaSkokieOkie

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:31 pm

The ONLY thing I hve found to store magickal items in which is completely cat proof is a metal ammo case from an army surplus store. They come in different sizes, and are usually quite flat and easy to store.

Cats are attracted to things that smell interesting, and you just can't keep them away.

Hope you find a good storage solution and this doesn't happen again.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby DaSkokieOkie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:36 pm

NotDorianGray,

You know, the ammo case is something I should have thought of. I already use them for my sculptures when they are in the wax stage to keep the cat hair out, and to prevent them from being tipped.

In truth, it should not have happened the way it did. The only way I could have prevented this little oneshot accident was maybe if I had the entire house mummified in bubble wrap to begin with. I can't live in a bell jar. Life happens. :)

So now, no cats on the second floor, and no Working on the first. XD

Thanks again!

JJ
DaSkokieOkie

Kitten or Cat Is Attracted To or Messing With Altar Space

Unread postby ningyou » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:27 am

I searched the forum but didn't find anything about this, so I apologize if this has been covered.

We recently adopted an eight-month old kitten, and she's a real joy. But, like most kittens, she's got to put her nose in everything. (she's entirely too smart for her own good, too. She once figured out how to open the refrigerator, little devil!) I do my work in my bedroom, as I still live with family, and the kitten likes to sleep there.

I've been using a dresser that's a good height from the ground to do my work, but the kitty has figured out a way to get up there, which makes using vigil candles a real hassle.

I've been using bitter orange spray to keep her off of the kitchen counters and my yoga mat (she thinks it's the best scratching pad ever, for some reason), and I could probably use that to keep her off my workspace, but I'm a little concerned that the bitter orange might interfere with my work. I've heard of covering surfaces you don't want your cat to get onto with aluminum foil, but, once again, I'm concerned about how that might affect my work. This cat likes water, so spraying her with a water bottle isn't going to work. I do keep a constant eye on her when she's in the room with me and I shut her out of the room at night and when I'm not there if I have a vigil candle going. But as soon as I'm not working, she wants to be all over my space.

So, fellow workers with nosy kitties...how do you discourage them from getting all up in your space?
ningyou

Re: Keeping kitten off my workspace?

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:53 am

I can't see why the Bitter orange would interfere negatively on your work. It is in Hoyt's cologne which among other things is used for cleansing altars. You could if you like mix your spray with some hoyts and cleanse everything like that. I can't give you anyother tips then keeping the door closed. I don't have cat myself. Hope it works out for you.
Miss Ida Lundin

Unread postby Seph » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:40 am

I'm not sure I can help you with what to do with kitty. I'll add tho that my cat likes to sniff lit candles. After 12 years of life I'd think she'd be over them by now. Cats will be cats.

Is there perhaps a kitty stay away spell? Can St. Gertrude of Nivelles be of help? Also, cats don't like sticky surfaces, but I doubt you do either.
Seph

Unread postby ningyou » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I saw that LM carries Eucalyptus oil, and cats don't like Eucalyptus, so that might be worth a try, too.
ningyou

Unread postby butchcomer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:55 am

This may sound strange, but I've tried it myself and it worked: LM's Banishing supplies! I'd mix a drop or two of the oil into my surface cleaning supply or dissolve the bath crystals into water used to clean your work surface and state that "This place is NOT for you, kitty!" "You will keep away from my workspace!" and that should do the trick. I believe you can banish him from that one particular area.
butchcomer

Unread postby Rukia Fae » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I have 11 little kitty demons ;)

my altar is actually a large shelf on my wall, that unless they do some serious acrobatics... they can't get to... It actually took me a long time to find a good, and safe, place ;)
Rukia Fae

Unread postby Lunaislight » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:33 pm

I think that you should find another space ... Like a shelf that your kitty cant reach . Kittens are curious :)
Lunaislight

My Cat was sleeping on my altar

Unread postby BellaMars » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 am

I have a very simple altar setup at the moment. Just my candle that I am working on in the middle of a white cloth and a small bottle of althea with a little dish of water next to it and a rosary that belonged to my great grandfather. I usually close the door to this room but I must not have closed it properly bc when I entered it I found my cat ( a flame point himalayan) laying down right on top of the altar toward the back left. Everything was undisturbed. She may have drank the water in the bowl that I had for the althea in the bottle to attract benevolent spirits bc that bowl was dry. I refilled it right away.

I didnt feel anything negative or off when I did my work during the night and in fact I felt very positive about last nights work, every night I feel stronger and more positive.

I am just curious though if there is anything wrong with what happened? Is there anything that maybe I should have done - besides make sure that the door is closed more securely. Should I have cleansed anything? Like I said nothing was knocked over or moved.

She ate what was left of the catnip herb that I had (didnt close my storage box), this is most likely why she went into the room in the first place.

I tried to search the forum and I keep getting references to Cat ( Yronwode. )
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
BellaMars

Re: My Cat was sleeping on my altar

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 pm

If your cat is your friend and familiar, it seems that she was "helping" you with the spell. I have often seen this behaviour -- more often in cats than in dogs, for some reason -- and i always consider it a blessing, as long as the candles are safe and cannot be tipped over. (Fire safety is important around all species of pets!)
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 pm

If you are worried about the fire safety issue and would like to keep the cat away from the altar, you can read this thread. It has some tips from other practitioners:

keeping-kitten-off-my-workspace--t10576.html#p59536
Miss Ida Lundin

Unread postby BellaMars » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes the cat is a familiar and a big mush. Sometimes when I look at her I think she is a wise old woman. She is actually attached to the person I am working the candle on which is why I didnt think it was a problem but since I am fairly new I thought it would be wise to ask just to be sure. :)

No concern about fire safety for this particular altar, I am always present whenever the candles are lit. I am still going to check out that thread you posted svarthyndan, thank you.

Interesting to know that she may be helping me, makes me smile thanks for sharing this information Cat. :)
BellaMars

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 am

Whenever my wife or I is doing some work in our "altar room" my cat Seymour, in particular, (as opposed to our other cat Andora) will find a high perch and watch everything we do. He will not be his normal "run around" self and will quietly, while still being very alert, watch the entire work being done. Same goes with almost any of our divination work. I take it as a great sign and personally love the quiet and reaffirming company of my furry friend and companion!

It was great to read your story!

Good Luck to you...

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am

Im glad I shared this. She always wants to come into the room when its time to do my candle work and I usually close her outside and she will lay in front of the door with her paws sticking inside so I can know she is there.
BellaMars

Ritual remains of a money spell dug up by a rabbit

Unread postby TruthSeeker333 » Sat May 21, 2011 5:05 am

I completed a 7-knob green candle a few months ago to draw in more money and help me with my job search. When the spell was complete I properly disposed of the remains in my front lawn. Since then, my wishes have certainly come true and I have been blessed with the money wishes I've asked for. So it's been a couple months and I have not really thought about that spell a whole lot until today... I'm sitting on my front patio drinking coffee when I see something that looks like a glove move a little bit. I get the creeps wondering what the heck is going on, and when I go to investigate I see that it's the remains of that money spell I buried. Underneath it is a baby bunny rabbit. Mama bunny was just a few feet away watching me, I assume she had dug a rabbit hole, and then used my remains as protection for her baby. Needless to say I was surprised to see this. Nothing like this has ever happened. Any ideas on what this might mean spiritually? Would it be best to get a reading?

I'm hoping this is a sign that my money will begin reproducing like rabbits but hey... I don't know! Any thoughts?
Peace & Blissings
TruthSeeker333

Re: Ritual remains of a money spell dug up by a rabbit

Unread postby Apollo Dark » Sat May 21, 2011 11:48 am

I would say this is a positive thing. Your insight into it at "money reproducing like rabbits" is pretty accurate I think. If it had been dug up by a black dog I would say it was a bad thing, but since it was a rabbit I think it is positive.

But that being said I would take what they dug up and bury it again.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice
Apollo Dark
Forum Moderator

Unread postby TruthSeeker333 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for your input Dr Dume. I did bury it again but this time a little bit closer to the foundation of the home rather than in the middle of the yard.
Peace & Blissings
TruthSeeker333

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat May 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Interesting interpretation Dr. Dume!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun May 22, 2011 1:03 am

I agree. It seems like a positive sign. Besides the interesting reproductive interpretation, rabbits are considered lucky, especially their foot.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 22, 2011 10:52 am

I second Dr. Dume and Conjureman Ali's words...seems lucky to me! I think that's a very cool thing to have happened!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby JackieLove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 am

mine were dug up by a cat...i love cats...it was a love spell. any thoughts?
thank you.
JackieLove

Unread postby amandine » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 pm

fireant, it depends on the nature of your spell. considering a slang word for cat is also the slang word for something else.... it could be very good.
amandine

Unread postby JackieLove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm

well, it was a love spell. probably a get me some sex spell, lol. idr exactly. it was along those lines.
JackieLove

Unread postby DreamCatcher » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Cats represent good fortune, love and femininity. The only cat in the tarot deck is with the Queen of Wands, the ultimate sensual feminine. I have heard that the symbolism depends on whether you like cats or not. Since you do I would say out was a good sign. When I do love work I often dream of cats. A cat is my totem animal. They are know by many religions to be guides and spiritual companions said to be all knowing but mute as to not interfere with human decisions
DreamCatcher

PostThis post was deleted on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:20 pm.

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I have a tarot deck called "Tarot of the Cat People" with a cat on every card! Maybe Lucky Mojo could consider selling it, since so many of us love cats.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby JackieLove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

I have that deck too Mama Micki. I have alot of cat decks. So Im gonna take it as a good sign!
JackieLove

cat seeing things?

Unread postby Rashel67 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi,
I need help for my cat. He sometimes jumps on top of my dresser and starts clawing at the mirror like if he wants to break through to the other side. He has mood swings where he purrs nicely then out of the blue tries to bite and charge, mostly at my husband. I saw him recently hissing and growling at the doorway to the bedroom when there's no one there. I have two cats -- a male and a female, and it's the male that's acting weird. I thought maybe there was a demonic entity trying to come through the mirror or that my spouse could have something evil attached to him.

Thanks,

Rashel
Rashel67

Re: cat seeing things?

Unread postby euphemia » Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 pm

I don't know about an evil attachment or anything, but my cats have done similarly -- though they're more likely to meow or semi-yowl at something, try to "catch" something, or run around. This is more common with the male kitten than the female cat. I figure they're just seeing things I can't actually see, but so far, it doesn't seem like any harm comes from it (minus my kitten knocking down stuff from tables).
euphemia

Unread postby Doctor Hob » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

I would suggest getting a reading. If you have something in your house that your cat is aware of, finding out for sure what it is would seem to be a good start. Check the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers:

http://readersandrootworkers.org
Two-Headed Doctor
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Rashel67 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:47 pm

I've had cats my entire life and have seen my share of crazy kitty behavior but this one takes the cake. My cat will sometimes charge my husband if he so much as looks in my direction, or when my husband passes by him on his way to the kitchen. If my cat was human I would say he was bipolar with the mood swings. It could be that a male spirit is trying to possess my cat which would explain wanting to keep other males (husband) away from me, and would explain trying to attack and charge at the doorway to the bedroom when there's no one there. Or it could be entity attached to my husband and my cat is charging "it" in a way to protect me. Even my husband who doesn't believe in the supernaturalness starting to think that there is an energy attaching itself to my husband which only the cat could see.
Rashel67

My Dog Ruined My Love Spell! How Can i Restore It?

Unread postby Lazuli » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:04 pm

My ex and i dated for 4 months when he broke up with me the first time. We were then together two years and broke up a year and a half ago.

He’s an amazing guy, everything I ever wanted in a man but has a lot of self esteem issues and is emotionally unstable. He’s had a rough life and deserves nothing but blessings in his life. I think he broke up with me because he was under a lot of stress at work, at home (takes care of bedridden parent) and became overwhelmed and sometimes depressed.

The first time we broke up, right away I started working with a lady who I met through a family member. I remember the lady was working with Santisima Muerte and the Intraquil Spirit for me. She gave me a candle, a few prayer,s and something to bury in my backyard.

A month later, sure enough, my ex started texting and calling and we got back together.

The following two years were the best years of our lives. We were just so happy, we rarely if ever argued, we had a great relationship. His family and friends and even he himself always commented on how much he had changed, he was starting to build his self esteem and how happy he looked. He was happy, I was happy, my life was perfect.

About a year later he comes to visit me at my home and as we get ready to leave I see my dog playing outside with something and making a mess. So I look out the window and see a ripped picture of me and my guy! I almost had a heart attack. My dog dug up and destroyed whatever it was that the lady gave me after over a year of being buried in my backyard!

Since my guy was right there I tried to distract him and the only thing I could do is hurry up, pick up everything and throw it in the trash.

Two weeks later we broke up, there wasn’t really a reason for the break up. I could tell he really didn’t want to break up. It was exactly the same as the first time, he had gotten a new super stressful job and became overwhelmed and broke up with me.

I tried having the same lady do the work for me but she kept asking me for more and more money to the point where I didn’t feel comfortable anymore.

I’ve gotten a reading from an AIRR worker and told me my chances of reconciliation were slim (very slim) to none, which I was prepared to hear since it's been a year and a half. We were so close, we were best friends and now we only text each other on birthdays or special holidays.

For the past month I’ve been working on a honey jar, I did a tobacco communication spell and a resistant lover spell and I haven’t heard from him. He’s super stubborn and introverted, even if he was dying to talk to me I know he won’t call me.

I know my case is super difficult but I promised myself I would give it my all for three months before I move on and I have two months left. I do believe in miracles.

I’m not exactly sure what my dog did or I did (by throwing it away) but I feel like I drove him away.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Any recommendations on what I should do on my last two months?

P.S. I forgave my dog :) but he did ruin my life!
Lazuli

Re: My Dog Ruined My Love Spell! How Can i Restore It?

Unread postby ProfessorAmes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I think that you're putting too much on the pooch.

The spell was intended to bring him back to you - the rest would have been up to the relationship itself. If the only thing keeping the two of you together was the spell work buried in the back yard, then what kind of relationship was it really?

My suggestion is to enjoy your four legged friend, see that the boyfriend has a pattern of being good with the relationship for a while and then flipping out on it, and then move on to your next great relationship.

My advice for your last two months is to try to see what the relationship is like all by itself. If it can't maintain itself except with a very expensive and tenuous spell buried in the backyard, then I would seriously question if it was right. Try to re-establish contact and look for positive signs of interest and moving the relationship forward again.

There are two parts to a good relationship - one is the love and the feelings and the other is whether it actually works or not. The love might be there, but this guy has shown that he has a hard time maintaining for more than a couple of years at a time.
ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

New kitten attracted to conjure work?

Unread postby Emjae » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm

So after the horrid brain tumor that took my beloved 13 year old kitty, I finally got up the heart to adopt two new kitties from the local shelter. I could not choose between the grey female tabby and the little black male so I took them both. They are not litter mates, but they have adopted one another.

So, the little black male, who is all black, shows no fear of anything, and was left in the shelter for a month because he is *gasp* A BLACK CAT, seems to be attracted to my altar. Often I find him on the edge of my workings, just watching. He does not interfere, he just watches, his head tilted to the side, sometimes with his feet tucked under him and his eyes half closed.

I wanted to know if this has any significance in conjure. I personally love black cats, because I believe they are lucky, and I feel fortunate to have found him when I did. (I went to the shelter on a whim and they broke protocol to hold him and the little female for 3 days till I could pick them up)

Anyway, again, would his behavior have any meaning in conjure? Or is he just being a cat? Lol The female shows no interest so that is why I ask. Thanks!
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!
Emjae

Re: New kitten attracted to conjure work?

Unread postby aura » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:15 am

Hi Emjae,

black cat hair is used in conjure, you can see how here: http://www.herb-magic.com/black-cat-hair.html

As to your cat's behaviour, some animals are quite sensitive to conjure while others are not - much like people that way. So in short, chances are he's just being a cat. Other reported behaviour of cats with respect to working can be found in the following thread: my-cat-acting-crazy-while-i-am-spell-casting-ǃ-t935s60.html.

Finally, another thread you may find interesting deals with using pets in order to lay tricks: use-of-pets-to-lay-tricks-t134s60.html. Since your male feline seems quite at ease with the work, he may be a good candidate for some of the tricks described.

Blessings,
Aura
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MoonBreath » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:57 am

I agree with what Aura said. Some animals seem more tuned in to the unseen world than others - like people. Your little black beau cat seems like he may develop into a "partner" for you and your magic. He could "keep an eye on things" when you're away from home. I firmly believe cats and dogs can see spirits. Let him keep watching and learning! ;)
MoonBreath

Unread postby Emjae » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am

Thank you both. He does seem quite at ease with the work and if he goes a little nuts, well, he is a kitten! Lol. He is definitely fast becoming my little familiar. And the mischievous side of me figures if I am ever in a bind and need some black cat hair! LOL
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!
Emjae

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:22 am

One of our two cats always runs into our work room, sits in the corner of the room, and silently watches us the entire time we are working anything. Always. Some cats are protective or curious and some could care less.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Pet Is Attracted To or Messing With Altar Space or Spells

Unread postby Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 pm

A cat with eyes half-closed or blinking slowly toward you is a behavior called 'glinting.' It is not entirely understood, but it is believed that cats are communicating contentment toward people with it. If you glint back at the cat (blink slowly) the cat may look at you and do it more. I think a cat doing this at an altar would be very comfortable; he sounds like he is!

Mary Thomson
HRCC #1398
Naught1usMax1mus

Unread postby callmeladyluck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Not sure about cats-- but i know my dog who is also absolutely 100% my familiar -- reacts every time I call in spirits. So it's possible the kitty is reacting to spiritual energy. :)
callmeladyluck

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

Although my geriatric cat is too old to do this now (his legs don't let him jump as high as he used to), when he was young and spry he would come in while I was doing my readings and lay right on top of the cards. It practically never failed! They do love magical spaces.
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:08 pm

At the Hoodoo Heritage Festival 2014, ConjureMan Ali, Madame Nadia, and others were leading an Afro-Brazilian Quimbanda opening ceremony, and our dog Sophie walked right into the pile of herbs and lit candles on the lawn, quite deliberately, and knocked some things over while leaving others standing. Afterward i was told that in Quimbanda that when this happens during a ceremony, note is taken of which items are disturbed or untouched, as it can be considered a message from spirit, spoken through the mediumship of the dog.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Pets and your spells

Unread postby Youllneverknow » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:41 pm

So my two cats, on who is 7 or 8, and ht other who is 2 or 3, are obsessed with my candle magic. When I light them they sit and stare for hours, and leave them alone eventually, but try to stay close to the candles other wise. Does this have any meaning?
They don't do this with other candles I have burned in the past with no energy.
Youllneverknow

Re: Animal Is Attracted To or Messing With Altar Space or Spells

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello, Youllneverknow ,

Welcome to the forum.

Please take the time to look over the forum before posting. When you randomly post your questions anywhere, it's a lot of time and work for the moderators to move the questions to the appropriate place.

If you go to the upper right hand corner you'll see a white search box in the dark green area. Just type in your key words and you'll be taken to the appropriate subform and threads for your queries.

Yes, it does sound like your fur babies are watching the energies. Cats know these things!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Youllneverknow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Thank you for replying to my post, Im still trying to get a hang of this forum. I posted another question in relation to candles, but I can't find it anywhere. I know it was user appropriate and I put it in the correct forum this time, any tips for navigating that? I tried "View your post".

Thank you much.
Youllneverknow

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello, Youllneverknow,

Click on your name to the right.

Then, click on "Search user's posts". It's there and has been answered. I am planning to move it as it is in the wrong place on the forum.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Help! My Doggies ate my spell work!

Unread postby Magickcatz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Please advise,
In all my years casting I've never had this happen and need some advice.
I began a 7 day return lover spell. Last night went successfully and something told me to move the candles before I left, but I second guessed removing anything from the alter and when I returned today the entire set up was destroyed, candles EATEN, papers shredded and some missing. The reminenese I cleaned up, and was going to bury, but I am at a total loss, do I start the spell over? Is this a sign? I have heard stories of animals attracted to the sweet smell of the oils.
I was apprehensive about beginning the spell on Monday instead of Friday, but it was a bit of an emergency situation. The dogs appear to be completely unaffected, but I need some advice about the spell work. Any thoughts from the community? Should I continue on or wait till Friday? And how about moving items from the alter? This is a very sensitive matter in regards to the spell type itself so some advice please, I'm totally shocked and at a loss. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Magickcatz

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello, Magickcatz ,

This could have been a sign (as my dogs help me with spell work and will knock things down or destroy them if they are not needed or it's the wrong spell).

BUT because you had a "premonition" that something was going to happen, I believe that you were actually reading your dogs' minds and they were going to "get it".

Question:, is there a possibility that your spell work could bring back a person who is a threat to one of your dogs? Are any of your dogs jealous or possessive? Do any f them dislike him?

These are all possibilities.

Another possibility is that maybe something bad would have happened and they were preventing it (like a possible fire). There' just too many scenarios that it could be (including just liking the oils. But, I really doubt that).

Start it again on Friday and use your judgment abut placement.

Keep your dogs away. It will be interesting to see what they do to the barrier between your spell work and their physical presence.

Good luck!!
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Cat broke saint statue

Unread postby KnightofCups222 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I was sitting in my bedroom today and my cat knocked over my Saint Cyprian altar and broke his statue. This concerns me because I have just started to approach active work with the saint (consecrated the space last week and gave him a candle and some incense last night.) I know in certain traditions its believed that when something breaks (like a necklace) it can mean someone "throwing something" at you. I would normally just buy a new sculpture but curious how others might interpret this sign. Also: the sculpture isn't broken beyond repair: his left hand (and prayer book) is detached but could be reattached. He also lost a couple fingers on his right hand which are probably gone for good, but he could still hold his crook. It may just be that the space was not appropriate for the altar (I had him on the window sill and with the AC in there its pretty tight, hence the cat mishap.)
Not sure what the protocol is on this board and hope I put my question in the right place.
Thanks,
-M
KnightofCups222

Next

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals