Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Asafoetida Devil's Dung Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
HidingInSight

Asafoetida Devil's Dung Questions and Answers

Unread post by HidingInSight » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:22 am

Great!

Thank you!

I have read on some websites to be careful using Devil's Dung because they say it clears ALL spirits out even yours and good ones? They say to take your spirits out of the environment completely before burning it.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have some Orisha in my living space so it has me wondering.

I wouldn't think it would be an issue because I wouldn't be actively trying to exorcise my Orishas, but I wanted to ask the pros rather than assume.

Thanks ahead of time!

Hiding

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Asafoetida Devil's Dung Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

HidingInSight,

I have moved this query to a brand new Asafoetida (Devil's Dung) thread because the topic had drifted away from 4 oz. oils.

First, i have no idea about Orishas, but if they are benevolent, angelic, or deific, they are not likely to be driven away by Asafoetida. It is used for healing, protection from disease, and many other good things.

Second, i cannot speak to your online sources, but if you follow a Santeria / Lukumi path, you ought to be consulting a Santeria / Lukumi priest or priestess.

Good luck!

HER-ASA-PWDR
Asafoetida (Devil's Dung)
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Oops. Sorry Cat.

Um, I don’t know if I can be put in a religious box. And not saying you are doing that at all. Maybe I should introduce myself in this introduction page I hear of.

But your insight is very helpful nevertheless. I should prob get a reading about it.

And I don’t have to use it right away.

Blessings to you, Cat. Thanks for your help.

Hiding.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

The magical qualities of this product are described in this book, with folkloric hoodoo spells for use in practical conjure,

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic Paperback by catherine yronwode
$14.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb and Root Special.

When you order SIX of our regularly-priced herbs or roots, you only pay for FIVE and, as a BONUS GIFT -- we will also send you a FREE Red Flannel Bag that you can use to make your own mojo hand. Just order the Special, and be sure to list your SIX herbs and roots in the message area of your order.

HER-ZSP-6HRB
6 Herb and Root Special (6 Herbs + Red Bag)
$17.50

For more information, see:
http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-special.html
catherine yronwode

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:53 pm

I know that Asafoetida is considered foul-smelling, but might I be the only rootworker here who thinks it smells rather enticing, like a Middle Eastern spice? Not that I would ever cook with it (!), but its smell reminds me of cumin more than anything. Perhaps I just have a strange nose.

I do consider it a powerful ally in repelling evil energy, and it has never let me down in that regard. It is equally effective in cursing an enemy, and one of my go-to additions to a skull candle burned for that goal.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 am

Athena, Asafoetida is one of those odd plants, like ciilantro, that seems to demonstrate the variability of human genetic make-up. Just as some people consider cilantro to taste wonderful (i do) and others say it tastes like soap, asafoetida smells disgusting to many, but it certainly reminds some people of spices, including garlic. It is indeed used in South Asian cookery, and cooking it does modify the aroma, but i perceive it as "Devil's Dung," a really nasty smell.
catherine yronwode

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Wow, I wasn't aware of its use in regional cookery. Thank you for that. I just associate it with its magical properties so never considered it an actual culinary ingredient. I love learning all of these dimensions to herbs, roots and the other building blocks of hoodoo. Thank you for opening up all of these wonderful new threads for discussion and exploration.

As for cilantro, it tastes soapy to me. Genetic make-up at work again.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”