Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Attention Miss Cat! Possible Copyright Issue...

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.
Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Attention Miss Cat! Possible Copyright Issue...

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Miss Cat and all friends:

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place on the forum; please move this if you have to.

I was messing around on the Web tonight and came across a webpage by a Priestess in the Ifa tradition who is named Iya Ogunrinu, who also says she is a Mambo in Haitian Vodou. OK, great. I looked around on her site, and came across a link under "Webstore", where she sells services that an Ifa priestess does (head cleansings, readings, etc.). This is the link for her product, a "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course":

http://www.oshunbotanica.com/apps/webst ... ow/1913138
This is the text on that page, which as you can see sounds kind of familiar:

This course is a presentation of African American magical techniques. Hoodoo is primarily the folk magic of Southern Black Christian culture. In teaching the practical aspects of folk culture and spellcraft to students, i employ a method called "cultural immersion" as a form of outreach to my non-Black students.

The depth of immersion in Black American culture is similar to the level of depth one might find in a high school or junior college course on "African American culture" or "Black History studies," except that the focus is primarily on folk magic rather than politics or social history.

Read about Cultural Immersion as a teaching method in the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course to get an idea of how i teach and what i expect my students will learn.

Students who satisfactorily turn in all 8 homework assignments will be mailed a Certificate of Completion at no extra charge. 12 week course

$200.00 only"

And this is almost word for word taken from cat's page on LM Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course page!

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... ING_METHOD

I don't know if this woman is one of your past or current students, cat, but boy howdy. She even kept your lower-case use of the personal pronoun!

If she is indeed a priestess of Ogou/Ogun, he will not be happy, because Ogou (in Haitian Vodou, and I know we're not talking about Vodou here on a Hoodoo forum but this is how she presents herself) HATES HATES oathbreakers and liars.

peace,
MaryBee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Attention Miss Cat! I think I found another thief :(

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Interesting find/catch! I'm shocked at how uninterested the so-called "magick" community is in stopping these type of things. Thank you for that information, I hope Cat checks that out soon. I wonder what certificate she sends you??!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Student

Re: Attention Miss Cat! Possible Copyright Issue...

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 am

Criminy, they didn't even capitalize the "i"s!
HRCC Student #2174

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Copyright Theft Reports and Results”