• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Balm of Gilead Buds Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Good luck finding real Adam and Eve roots, they are endangered and quite rare and so aren't on the market, tho, some less then reputable shops will sell you something that they say is Adam and Eve root but its almost always, we're talking 99% of the time, some other herb. Now Hypothetically if you had two Adam and Eve roots you could tie them, if that's what you felt was right.

How do I know if it's real Adam and Eve root? I see many places selling them, but the "Adam" root looks like "balm of gilead". Is there a scientific name for the real root? I have access to a greenhouse and may be able to grow them myseelf (how magically appropriate would that be?). I'm having to do the same for Devil's Bit.

<3
J
jewelzdevone

Re: 8+ Mojo Questions...

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

According to ms.cats lovely book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic Aplectrum hyemale is the one usually ID'd as Adam and Eve root in America. And yeah a lot of places try and sell Balm of Gilead as Adam and Eve root, Its usually a bad deal because they mark them up and Balm of Gilead is not by any stretch expensive. If you can get some seeds and grow them good for you, I wouldn't have any use for them myself but I imagine you'd be the envy of many. But like I said they are quite rare so getting stock to grow may be just as difficult as getting the root/s for a spell.

I think growing them yourself,if you can, would be very appropriate, I grow a few of my own herbs and they are quite powerful, its the care and energy you put into raising the plant.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks for the info. Actually, I just got 5 live bulbs/roots off for about 3 bucks per plant with shipping. I'm going to go ahead and grow one or two in my home just because they are so beautiful, but the others, I will cultivate for spellwork.

It's confusing, I had read in a different part of the LM site that the name for the root was Orchis Mascula:

(FROM THE LUCKY MOJO FREE SPELLS ARCHIVE: MAGIC SPELLS: TOOLS and MATERIALS used in SPELL-CASTING compiled from usenet, 1995 - present, by cat yronwode):

Adam and Eve root (also called Eve and Adam root in the
Southern USA) is the root of an orchid, Orchis mascula. You
should get two of tem in a pack, one Adam and one Eve. The
species is very closely related to lucky hand root (also
called salep or saloop or putty root orchid). It is
EXTREMELY RARE in the wild at this time and i have found no
reliable source for domestically grown or wildcrafted roots.

Orchis Mascula is actually the "Early Purple" variety of orchid - I didn't know if this was a magical conversion for purposes of Hoodoo. Though the roots do look remarkably similar to the "Adam and Eve Orchid".

It took me all day to figure this out - I'm a research fanatic. When I finally did try searching for the Aplectrum Hyemale, it was a lot easier to find than the Orchis Mascula. The roots of both look a lot like testes with one being dark and the other light (or at least this is what I see in the pictures).

<3
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue May 19, 2009 11:21 am

Awesome, good for you. Sorry if I gave you the wrong name, I may have spelled it wrong or have been looking at the wrong entry. :oops:
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 am

oh no, you gave me the right name, it was the other info that messed me up. Your smiley made me laugh! I guess that stuff doesn't come across in the forum format.

<3
J-
jewelzdevone

Balm of Gilead Buds Questions and Answers

Unread postby ms_krstin » Sat May 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Hello!

What can i substitute for balm of gilead if we fight at times because of past issues? are there any? and can i reopen my jar to input it?

thank you!

You have all been accomodating here at LM.... :D
ms_krstin

Re: herbs for reconciliation

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun May 24, 2009 11:31 am

You do not need to substitute anything for Balm of Gilead Buds. Lucky Mojo carries them and they are inexpensive.

I was told not to reopen a honey jar but to start a new one, however others tell me that they do open and work with honey jars and also with sugar jars.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun May 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Have you read the information on LM's website? http://herb-magic.com/balm-of-gilead.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun May 24, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi. Why do you want to substitute something for Balm of Gilead buds? They are perfect for soothing past hurts among couples and helping smooth over rough patches in the relationship. As for opening a honey jar, well their are different thoughts on it, some say you must not open a working honey jar and that you should start anew, others say go ahead. I have done both, depending on what I feel at the time. I think you must decide for your self on whether or not to open the jar or scrap it and make a new one.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun May 24, 2009 3:51 pm

jwmcclin wrote:I was told not to reopen a honey jar but to start a new one. Someone with more experience can answer this with more accuracy.

The reason for not reopening a honey jar is putting the herbs on the petition paper. If one is going to do all that, one might as well just do another honey jar.

I like cloves, sumac, and cubeb berries to resolve difficulties.

Mary
Literarylioness

help please

Unread postby ms_krstin » Mon May 25, 2009 4:10 am

hi mary!

im from the philippines we don't have those herbs which i can use for reconciliation. My problem is i what other herbs i can use for soothing a relationship and its rough patches....

thank you....for all you replies....
ms_krstin

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 am

Hi Kristin,

Contact Lucky Mojo's ordering department. They ship to many foreign countries, you may want to check and see if the Philippines are among them.
Their number:707 887 1521
Email: order@luckymojo.com

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Balm of Gilead pairs

Unread postby rs09 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Can someone tell me how Balm of Gilead Buds are matched matched?
rs09

Re: Balm of Gilead pairs

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Two are used...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Balm of Gilead pairs

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 pm

They are not matched as lodestones are, because they are not gendered as lodestones are, just pick two that appeal to you.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

please help me find reconciliation herbs

Unread postby phonehappy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I am on this page on LM

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html

I pressed ctrl find on my key board to look up the word reconciliation. It only popped up once under balm of gilead What other herbs will work well with reconciliation.... and healing?

I am trying a honey jar (please don't move to honey jar section, this is about herbs) for reconcilliation with an estranged FRIEND NOT LOVER. He is a man and we had a tiff 3 months ago. he is not speaking to me

I was informed by an airr worker this weekend that I need to try healing work not compelling :) and I have a lot of oils already. I am looking for appropriate herbs. Thank you very much!
phonehappy

Re: please help me find reconciliation herbs

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Balm of gilead is good for reconciling ANY kind of relationship including friends. Other herbs you can use are lavender, clove, borage is good for all kinds of relationships too, and myrrh

If not then simply buy some reconciiliation powder or oil
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby phonehappy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks stars!

So do you think if I have the balm of g and a packet of the recon powder and oil,
That should suffice?

Thanks again!
phonehappy

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Balm of gilead is already in reconciliation powder and oil. So you really dont have to add it. Personally, I would do a contact me spell along with this work since you want him to contact you.

contact-me,-call-me,-reconnect-spell-questions-and-answers-t2982.html

You could simply put the reconciliation honey jar in the middle...and create a triangle of candles around it to help increase the powder and emphasize the work. I would include a road opening candle, a brown candle dressed with tobacco,and compelling or compelling oil and deer's tongue, and red candle dressed with return to me. Light each candle (doesnt matter which candle is in which place. But you are going to light them clock wise and say my my roads be opened for john doe to return to me as a friend, then light the tobacco candle and say " may john doe be compelled to contact me" and light the return to me candle and say "may john doe return to me as a friend" and then light the honey jar, and say " may our friendship be healed and may we forgive each other"
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Balm of Gilead Buds Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am

Oh, for the love of Pete! -- Balm of Gilead Buds are not some costly, rare item. Just order them and quit complaining, folks! My gosh!

HER-BAL-BUDS
Balm of Gilead Buds
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork