Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bayberry Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
kittynmoon

Bayberry Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by kittynmoon » Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 am

I am looking to get candles lit at LM and I am having a little trouble deciding what to do. I am looking to do some increased luck and increase in money. I was thinking about doing the Bayberry vigil light. Does anyone have any experience on the Bayberry.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Bayberry Light

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 am

Bayberry is good for money and luck drawing...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

chy clayton s

Re: Bayberry Light

Unread post by chy clayton s » Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 am

I love Bayberry. There's an old Colonial Virginia rhyme that goes "A bayberry candle, burned to the socket, brings food to the larder and cash to the pocket."
The belief was that is would make the manfolk better hunters and the women folk better at managing what you have.

Damiana
Bayberry Candle - Petition?

Unread post by Damiana » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I want to have a Bayberry candle lit, however... not sure what kind of petition should go along with this? I've read that it's a good money candle, but the purpose seems so open-ended that I'm not sure what to narrow a petition to.

If anyone can give their opinion or knowledge on this... thanks in advance!

Turnsteel

Re: Bayberry Candle - Petition?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm

A general petition for money and prosperity in the home would work well.Something along the lines of "May my home be blessed with prosperity, may all our needs be met and we shall walk in the blessings of the Lord, In Jesus name, Amen"

or

"I affirm that I shall never want for money"

or

"Money come to me!"

Now that's just a few ways to do it, don't feel limited to them, but I do hope it gives you an idea.

Damiana
Re: Bayberry Candle - Petition?

Unread post by Damiana » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 am

Thanks Turnsteel. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Bayberry Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

The saying about "A Bayberry candle burned to the socket" is part of the logo design of our Bayberry vigil candles, of course.

Order CAN-GLS-BAYB ($9.00) -- it comes fixed with Bayberry root chips and Bayberry oil.
catherine yronwode

loretta70

Unread post by loretta70 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 am

I was so excited today when my Bayberry candle came in. I however have a question now that I lit it. The smell was wonderful and I felt a wonderful feeling come over me and my home. I turned to walk away and then i smelt something weird like almost wires burning. I looked at the candle and freaked for a moment. The flame was about 2 inches above the top of the jar blue and red mixed, popping sounds and really licking the side of the jar. I calmed down and watched for a second thinking do I put it out. I then noticed the herbs and such that had been dressed inside as it came to me all to that side and it looked as though the flame was drawn to only those objects or herbs. The jar cracked so I put out the flame with a snuffer and moved all the herbs and contents to the middle and poked a few more holes in the candle top and re lit it. My question is will this be ok now as far as the spell work? thanks
Loretta

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 am

aww when the jar cracks it is usually not a good sign . . . perhaps indicating some difficulty with the work. If it were me, I would do uncrossing work, road opening and then try the bayberry again with a new candle. Good luck

Lady Amethyst

Unread post by Lady Amethyst » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:02 am

I have to agree with Delarca...When candles pop and crack like that it's usually an indication of obstacles...You should try ordering the uncrossing kit from LM. You can sage your home &/or light a white candle and recite Psalm 96 &/or 97 in the meantime. But for the record it always helps to do a cleansing before doing any attraction rituals...it doesn't have to be an elaborate cleansing either..a simple smudging &/or floor wash will do wonders before any serious attraction work is undertaken...

Love Light & Blessings
Lady Amethyst

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Get a quick reading because a cracked candle can also mean a break in obstacles. I find this is usually is the case in Road Opening candles and Money Drawing candles, especially if you've experienced blocks. So check to see if you are facing a negative condition or if its something else.

That said, cleansing, Uncrossing, and Road Opening work is a great idea before works of attraction.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Personally, I prefer Bayberry candles for money drawing work. Its great! While reading your post, you mentioned the herbs were piled to the side? Well, that is the reason for the high flames that resulted in the cracking. But since the candle is cracked, it is unsafe to burn; order another and continue your work or ask Lucky Mojo to set one for you. (now that's the mundane side) of course, consider the magically side as mentioned by Lady Amethyst and ConjureMan.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

DONE

Unread post by DONE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

I know I'm late but is it ok to annoint the Bayberry Candle with any fast luck oil, or Van Van oil, or any oils at all???

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:35 am

If you're ordering the fixed candle, then I would not add anything. They've got the appropriate dressing down to a science at LM. :)
Of course if you want a candle fixed with your specific intent or combination of oils, then you can call the shop and request such and they will accomodate you.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.

DONE

Unread post by DONE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 am

Devi Spring wrote:If you're ordering the fixed candle, then I would not add anything. They've got the appropriate dressing down to a science at LM. :)
Of course if you want a candle fixed with your specific intent or combination of oils, then you can call the shop and request such and they will accomodate you.

Well I already had a bayberry candle that I never used. Its not fixed or anything, and I heave certain needs I need help with like FAST, so thats why I asked if it were ok to use those oils. Like all my needs are pretty pressing, so when I saw this forum, I said OH YEA TIME TO BREAK OUT THE BAYBERRY CANDLE!

DONE

Unread post by DONE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 am

on my Bayberry Candle this prayer :

"With the help of God, I will always have anything I need. God has blessed my wallet so that it is open to recieve and also to give to the needy. Allow me to use this money wisely Lord, and let all roads be open to me. If I should need something, please God, show me the way to obtain it. As I have faith. Oh Lord , help me to resolve my problems and grant me enough money and health to be comfotable"

I said this prayer along with psalms 10,21,23. I dont see why anyone couldnt use the prayer above as well. Just wanted to share this. :-)

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I have a question. I was told to burn a bayberry candle on New Years Eve to welcome in the new year with luck and money. I however have Bayberry oil. Could I just as easily use the oil while annointing a plain glass candle or should I have gotten the actual bayberry candle??

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:14 pm

It is the Bayberry that effects this work the most, so I would go ahead and use the plain white candle and the Bayberry Oil. I have been told to do this as well, in the past. The candle smelled divine!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:It is the B[*]ayberry that effects this work the most, so I would go ahead and use the plain white candle and the Bayberry Oil. I have been told to do this as well, in the past. The candle smelled divine!

OK great and thanks! Woo I was starting to feel SCREWED lol! So not plain green but use plain white instead?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:20 am

TheBestest: Oh no, sorry, when you said a "plain vigil candle" my mind envisioned a "blank" white one. Most definitely use a Green Vigil Candle with the Bayberry! I love the one-two punch of the green color and the Bayberry essence. Best of luck!
Joseph Magnuson

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 pm

**UPDATE** I annointed a plain green candle with the bayberry oil and I became sooo sick! I think I over loaded the candle with the oil and plus now spices tend to get to me. Any suggestions??

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

Did you use the Lucky Mojo Bayberry Oil? Just how much did you put in? Was the room not ventilated enough for the amount of oils used in the candle? I have yet to encounter anyone becoming sick from using a Bayberry Candle. Could you be slightly adverse/allergic to Bayberry?
Joseph Magnuson

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Did you use the Lucky Mojo Bayberry Oil? Just how much did you put in? Was the room not ventilated enough for the amount of oils used in the candle? I have yet to encounter anyone becoming sick from using a Bayberry Candle. Could you be slightly adverse/allergic to Bayberry?

I have Lucky Mojo's Bayberry oil, I opened the windows but I think maybe I have devoloped an allergin to Bayberry just as I have to Cinnamon. Like Apples Ans cinnamon now makes me sick smh. Maybe I shouldn't have used so much in the candle. I honestly used a lot and noticed I used a lot but I ignored that like a dummy.

done

Unread post by done » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Kind of an overlapping question here.

When selling a house, they tell you to have good scents about. Personally I absolutely love bayberry. Would this be a good scent to have for viewings? I don't know about leaving a candle lit, but I could use the oil in electric warmers.

Thoughts?

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Bayberry oil and cinnamon oil in one of those oil candle things (where you have the oil in the warmer with a candle underneath) would be a good combo; often, real estate agents will use the scent of apples and cinnamon or baking bread to make a home feel more "homey".
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

QematetSau

Unread post by QematetSau » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:02 pm

What is the difference between a money drawing vs a bayberry candle?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Hello, QematetSau,
Bayberry is traditional in bringing in/attracting money and good luck. It is just Bayberry. And has been successful for many many decades. Back in the olden days, Bayberry was used around Christmas time to assist or aid in acquiring money (and recuperating expenses) for Christmas expenses.
Money drawing has numerous more ingredients for money drawing in business matters, etc.
If you scroll this page, you can see for yourself what they do: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
Personally, when I perform money spells, I use both (just to cover all my bases!)!
Take care

thee_mystique

Unread post by thee_mystique » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:52 am

Hi everyone,
Quick question: I was burning a bayberry candle for increased income/money but I've been blowing it out each time I light it. Does that mess up the working of the candle? I still have half the candle left and I'm unsure on what to do. Do I continue burning it until it finishes using a snuffer instead or do I dispose of it and start over? If I have to dispose of it, how do I do so? This was my first attempt of setting lights for myself. Thanks for the help :)

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello thee_mystique,

Unfortunately, you signaled to the spirit world the first time you blew out the candle that the spell was over, sorry! Typically when you are going to be burning a candle over a series of "burns," you are supposed to pinch or snuff out the candle with a candle snuffer so as not to flat-out end the spell. Then you come back and continue to burn the candle.

But don't get discouraged :) It takes time to learn these things. My advice for you would be to finish burning the candle, snuffing it this time if you have to leave it, because it won't hurt anything and those bayberry candles smell nice. Then dig out any remaining wax, bury it in your front yard, and recycle the glass. Then try again.

And also read through this page to learn more about magical candle burning:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”