Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

beginner

kjmoore57
Newly Registered

beginner

Unread post by kjmoore57 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 pm

hi my name is kevin and im from savannah georgia and i have been interested in practicing "rootwork" every since the age of 16 now im 31. i recently bought the Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book and i love it but i havnt started trying any of it yet. can anyone give me a some advice on how to start my journey off to becoming a rootdoctor..

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: beginner

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Hello and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Curio Company forums! I suggest starting here, at the Table of contents to "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," which is free: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi kjmoore57 and welcome! In addition the the great resource Joseph has provided, I would recommend you being to practice the works outlines in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic as well. This book is packed full of information and you will be surprised at how much you will learn!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello, Kevin.

This forum is also packed full of amazing information from hundreds of contributors (and newbies).
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I'd suggest a few simple candle spells, either using vigil candles or candles dressed with oil. You might also try the spell kits, which come with directions and are a bargain compared to buying all the products individually.

You should set up an altar if you can. It doesn't have to be large or elaborate, just a place where you can burn candles and incense. I would also suggest placing a spiritual image on your altar, such as a picture or statue of Jesus, Mary, or an angel to bless your work.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 am

Hi Kevin and welcome to the Forums!

Mama Micki's spell kit suggestion is definitely worth investing in since you'll also have left-over products to be able to keep working with once you've completed the spell kit. A VanVan or John the Conqueror spell kit is a great way to improve your general quality of life as well as bring some success and good luck.

It's also a good idea to start with a rootworking consultation from a professional root-worker. That way you'll get a reading to help orient your studies and practical spell-work advice to start you off.

Taking Miss Cat's correspondence course is also an amazing and thorough way to go about the study of Conjure. You can read more about that here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Blessings and Success in your studies!
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2012 Public Forum Introductions”