• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Re: Psalms with Reconciliation Candle Spells

Unread postby sangamo1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Tonight I lit three pink candles rubbed down with pure olive oil, thought about what I wanted for about a min, and read off the psalm! Then I reflected a few more seconds than did it again. (also stated what i wanted aloud after each psalm reading)

Also mailed away my order for two reconciliation vigil candles to be burned on my behalf today via priority mail.

The flames were pretty strong and high! From my reading on the subject, I am gathering that means something is being accomplished! I am getting more optimistic.
sangamo1

Re: Share How You Prepare, Focus, and Pray

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:51 am

I know this is going to sound strange,but what is the reason to be needing tricky hand movements?

If I am going to ask St Francis for his help at the beginning of my spell I ask him, yes? and at closing thank him and then tell him I will be making donation and help animals in his name because of his help. is this basically correct? I am also going to write a petition and dust this and the picture of my dog and myself with power sachet.

I also have a saint francis statue to keep by the altar when I am doing all of my pyschic vision work. Is it Ok if I leave it out where my dog and I sleep?.

Then I am going to do a verbal intention when in the spell. is this usually done?

is there a prayer or something to be said at the end while I am putting together the remains under our bed (my pet and mine)?
Sharona22

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Sharona22 wrote:If I am going to ask St Francis for his help at the beginning of my spell I ask him, yes? and at closing thank him and then tell him I will be making donation and help animals in his name because of his help. is this basically correct? I am also going to write a petition and dust this and the picture of my dog and myself with power sachet. ... is there a prayer or something to be said at the end while I am putting together the remains under our bed (my pet and mine)?

Here is a petition prayer for St. Francis of Assissi:

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

This is the prayer you say for his novena, which is intened for nine days of steady prayer. When I do a novena, I have a candle lit in the saint's name on my altar and say his or her prayer. At the end of the prayer each day, I ask for help with my situation. At the end of the nine days, I make my offering in the name of the saint to a charity in his or her honor.

I hope that helps,

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Make 'Em Go Crazy Mojo

Unread postby missy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 am

Hmm, interesting. But what if the enemy isn't arouund you?
Also, do you have to dress this type of mojo, or would it cause a fire...I'm not sure if oil can go onto unlit matches...
missy

Re: Make 'Em Go Crazy Mojo

Unread postby Lukianos » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi Missy,

missy wrote:Hmm, interesting. But what if the enemy isn't around you?
Also, do you have to dress this type of mojo, or would it cause a fire...I'm not sure if oil can go onto unlit matches...

This type of mojo is usually deployed near one's target (in or under their house or yard, for example). It is not a mojo that one would keep near to oneself, nor is it a mojo that one would feed after the initial deployment (ie: once it gets buried under the target's front porch, it stays there, undisturbed). One could also send such a mojo to one's target inside a stuffed animal or similar object, if they are far away.
Lukianos

Bible Verses and Prayers Questions and Answers

Unread postby carolina_dean » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 pm

About three months ago, I received a promotion at work. Part of my job requires me to prepare a number of reports, some of which I have to work, and some of which another individual in my company has to work. This basically requires finding a number of wares in the store AND stockroom and verifying our on hands, etc...

For three months, the other person simply refused to do her part. I asked nicely, I explained the importance of working her reports, and I attempted to compromise by streamlining her report for her and making it easier on her to no avail. Finally, I had enough. I decided to work on her name. I've already invested three months in trying to sway her and honestly she'd tinkled me off to where I didn't want to go the 'nice' route (i.e. use a honey jar). Once I made up my mind to do this, I didn't stop to question myself. This is what I did....

I wrote the woman's name 9 times on a piece of paper I cut out of a square. I turned the paper crossed and covered her name with the words Back Down! I anointed the four corners and center of the paper with vinegar (to sour her life until she does what I ask).

I folded the paper away from myself three times and set this aside. I then carved her name on a black candle, reversing the letters (the way they would appear in a mirror) then I flipped the candle (cut off the head, dug a new wick out of the foot). I anointed the candle with vinegar, and set it in a holder on top of an overturned saucer. The name-paper was placed under the saucer.

I lit the candle and read Psalm 109 slowly and deliberately as the candle burned. Since my target was a female I changed the pronouns where appropriate. For example verse seven reads When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. So I changed he to she. As I read the Psalm I visualized the events mentioned in the Psalm happening to my enemy.

Finally when the candle was spent (it burned down cleanly with nothing left over) I took the name paper and pressed it in the Bible at Psalm 109 where the words of the curse press into her and the vinegar will sour her life until she does what I ask.

Earlier this week the woman in question came in and started telling me how she'll do the reports if she gets time. I simply told her I'd had enough with her not doing her work. She can do the reports or not, I don't care; but that I'll make a note in my files that she'd refused to do them. The following day my boss wanted to talk to me in the office on a separate matter, but while we were alone he told me that this person came to him about the reports and he told her that she had to do them.

This week she did the reports and hasn't complained to me about them anymore!

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Re: Black Candle, Vinegar, and Bible Psalms Binding Spell

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Nice, did you take her name paper out and dispose of it or are you going to keep working on her for a bit?
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: Black Candle, Vinegar, and Bible Psalms Binding Spell

Unread postby carolina_dean » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm keeping in there for now, I'm afraid if I take it out or burn it that she'll go back to her old ways.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby carolina_dean » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:36 pm

It's been more than 20 years since I set foot in a 'church' but I remember many of the lessons Miss Ann and Miss Eveleyn taught me in Sunday School at the 2nd Baptist Church.

I particularly remember the story of King Solomon. When Kind David dies and Solomon became King, God came to Solomon in a dream and told him that he would give Solomon anything that he wished. (I Kings Chapter 3) It was then that Solomon prayed for wisdom.

I don't think it would be inappropriate to burn some King Solomon Incense and pray for better prayer skills or read I Kings Chapter 3 (which actually mentions Solomon burning incense at the altar).

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 am

Madame_Phoenix wrote:I know that cat is pretty firm in her conviction that we won't be taught how to pray in the HRCC, and I respect that and see her reasons. However, would a thread here about the different ways people focus their concentrations and energies during prayer be acceptable? It would also include how one prepares a spell, asking the ingredients for their help, etc. I think a lot of people would benefit from this.

I usually start preparing by looking up ingredients, and different spells online. This usually takes me a few hours to a couple of days depending on what I am trying to do. I like to get ideas and make my own spells up or sometimes I make them up from "scratch" so it takes me awhile.

I will write out my own prayer, or petition of what I want to say and I do rehearse it a few times to make sure it is what I want to say.

As for focus, I burn some sage, or some kind of incense relating to the objective. I dont know why, but it helps clear my mind, and I work at night considering my family is sometimes awake and that can be distracting.

Also, I cleanse my hands before and after with florida water. If its a target I am working on, I put their picture in a picture frame, and set it on my altar and speak to it, and focus on whatever I want them to do.

If I am doing a candle, I put my hands around the candle, and say the petition or whatever comes to mind. I have gotten really good at feeling the energy, and releasing it into the candle. I try to envision the outcome, but other times I am so in a trance from saying the petition or whatever over and over again. Also, I pay attention to my mood, and my energy...

If I cant focus because I am sick or too tired, I will usually stop or not do the spell. I noticed I get these random results when I half-put my all into things. ;)
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread postby fausto » Sun May 03, 2009 8:44 pm

First off, I am a 25 year old white male from New Jersey.

My father took off when I was five years old (I dont even remember what he looks like). Although he paid child support, he never bothered or wanted anything to do with me.

Anyway, several years ago, he wanted to stop the support. I was in college (which I've been taking pretty slow, because I have learning issues), only working part time, and my parents really needed the money, because I couldnt afford to pay them what they were getting for support.

It was left up to the courts to decide if he would continue paying or not.

I started looking into court case spells, and I stumbled onto a story about how Marie Laveau used a spell to help a man beat an assault charge. I got a dark blue mojo bag and filled it with herbs and other items (the lucky mojo site helped me to pick what to use) and dressed it with Lucky Mojo oil. I then bought three hot peppers (the story said guinea peppers (guinea grains), but I just used hot red peppers). Opening to the psalms of the bible, I read aloud the psalms associated with court case help (psalms 35, 37) as I chewed on the peppers, letting them burn my tongue. I also burned a purple candle for power. I did this for about an hour. When I felt I was done, I added the peppers to the mojo bag and hid it in a drawer of my dresser, under my clothes.

Due to my disabilities, the court found in my favor. I'm still in college, and my father continues to pay child support.
fausto

Re: Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Good for you.

Just a note for those interested in the tradition behind this spell: Guinea Pepper is not the same as Red Pepper. It is also called Grains of Paradise, a.k.a. Malaguetta Pepper. We sell Guinea Pepper for $3.00 per packet. No harm done by making that substitution, but that's what the original spell called for.

Thanks for sharing.

HER-GRP-SEED
Grains of Paradise (Guinea Grains, Malaguetta Pepper)
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Bible Verses and Prayers Questions and Answers

Unread postby chayanna » Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 am

I often see where one prays over an oil or a candle or such likes to enpower the item ...and I know that Psalm 23 is said to draw things to you and Psalm 91 is for protection....but other than these two Psalms ....what other "prayers" can one say or use?

And also, how many times is good enough to "pray" over something like an oil or a candle or such?

As usual THANKS for answering my question.

God Bless all at Lucky Mojo who work for us :)
chayanna

Re: Prayers?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 am

There are a number of Psalms and traditional prayers that are used for different purposes in Conjure, one that is almost as well known as what you have mentioned is reading the Song of Songs or part of the Song of Songs while doing love work.
This page has several other commonly used Psalms: http://www.luckymojo.com/secretspsalms.html

As far as how many times, that is really up to the individual practitioner. Everything that comes from LMC has been prayed over and blessed in-house, but certainly whenever I am working with spiritual supplies, I do my own blessings over them as well.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread postby twodogs » Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Grains of paradise are good in cooked spells too, my grandma like to use these a lot, she calls herself a "kithen witch"
twodogs

Ten Commandments as a way of finding out your sin

Unread postby Dumbledork » Thu May 21, 2009 5:01 am

I have spent much of my life practicing what I guess you'd call bible magick. The Good Book is a source of both wisdom and power. One I've found from personal experience is using numerology and the 10 Commandments as a means for finding out your big sin--the one you'll struggle with all your days. Knowing this, parents may be able to raise their children a way that might help them to steer clear of the problems associated with that sin.

The way you do it is by adding up all the numbers in your birthday (month, day, and year) and combining them in a way that will add up to some number between one and ten. For example, my b-day is 7-20-1978. Add them all up: 7+2+0+1+9+7+8= 34. Then combine them: 3+4= 7. So, the biggest sin I'll deal with in my life is found in the 7th commandment, which in my faith is the commandment against adultery.

Now you have to take the broad view when interpreting this. I have never cheated on my wife (and if I did, I can easily see how destructive it could be) but I can say that lust and "temptations of the flesh" are certainly the hardest for me to try to control.

Try if yourself, search your soul and see if the commandment you get is you biggest problem sin. Anyway, it worked for me.

PS: My son's number is 9 and he would rather lie than eat. Seems to be a pattern.
Dumbledork

Re: Ten Commandments as a way of finding out your sin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu May 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks for a very thought-provoking idea. I practice numerology and i find your Biblical numer work-out extremely interesting. I am going to try it out! Let's see. My birthday is 5-12-1947 -- or 5+1+2+1+9+4+7=29, and 2+9=11 and 1|1=2. So the Second Commandment would be my great sin: "You shall have no other gods before me." Yep, that's a problem for me, all right. I think you are definitely onto something here!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Dumbledork » Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you. There is one issue that of course may cause some people some problems. The ten commandments are numbered differently for different denominations and faiths. Most jews follow what I believe is called the Talmudic numbering scheme.Catholics and Lutherans follow a scheme. And Anglicans and protestants follow another. Now it is my belief that your number fits the numbering scheme you grew up in or submit yourself to.

As a test, I did Hitler's birthday to see what his chief sin was: April 20, 1889. His number is 5. Under most schemes, that is the commandment about honoring your mother. But for Catholics, whixh is what Hitler was baptized, the fifth commandment is the one against murder. Not a bad one for the killer of 11,000,000 jews, romanis, homosexuals, and others!

Lastly, I just did my wife's. Her number was 3. As Anglicans, that commandment is the one about honoring the sabbath day. It's hilarious because I couldn't get her in the church doors if I told there was a million dollar check in there.LOL
Dumbledork

Unread postby fausto » Sun May 24, 2009 7:08 am

I had a scare there for a couple of minutes, I added my birthdate (11/11/83) without adding the 1 and 9 part of the year, and it came out to 5, thou shalt not kill. Granted, I sometimes imagine that the people who make me angry are being torn apart by a shark or whatever, but I would never seriously hurt someone. When adjusted, it came out to 7, thou shalt not commit adultery. That I can live with.
fausto

Unread postby j82 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm

wow interesting i was a 7 i dont cheat but i have to admit i cant help but look at a good looking person, my friend says i work my eyes out more at the gym then my body. My ex was a 5 ..ekk lol well my understanding of the 5th growing up as in mathew is not to kill with word, mouth, heart..etc meaning anger. which he definetly is at fault.
j82

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:23 pm

I thought 5 was honor thy mother and father. I keep coming out as a 6, and I have never murdered anyone..I don't even like to kill spiders!
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby j82 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:25 pm

oh your right oops i meant to write 6 lol .. well i always understood that as not to be angry or to kill people as in heart ,sign, finanically, etc. but thats how I was raised understanding it.. so thall shall not kill meaning dont let anger run you.
j82

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:37 pm

That does make more sense, since I do have a temper, and as a Cancer I can hold a grudge forever. Thank you for the clarification :)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

How do you Focus your Intention

Unread postby LMFan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

This seems to be an issue for alot of newbies like me.. what exactly does that mean?? I find that my mind wanders, and then I'll try use my brain like a laser beam on my target. Then sometimes, I try to just relax and daydream.. what exactly are you supposed to do???
LMFan

Re: How do you Focus your Intention

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Pray out loud if your mind wanders. See this youtube video for a good example of praying out loud.

A Baptist Deacon's Prayer-Hasan Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

How to get rid of doubts?

Unread postby SilverStar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:06 pm

I know spellwork is effective only if you believe in it 100% but when you are a beginner, how can you get rid of doubts? They creep in constantly... I have a tendency for depression and low self esteem, and that doesn't help either :(
SilverStar

Re: How to get rid of doubts?

Unread postby happilydysphoric » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I just have faith that God is on my side and will provide me with what I need. Read the 23rd psalm every morning, it might help you to feel that way. Plus, when I do catch myself having doubts about a spell, I quickly push it aside and remind myself that everything will turn out as it should and my spell is already working whether I directly see the results yet or not.
happilydysphoric

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 pm

SilverStar wrote:I know spellwork is effective only if you believe in it 100% but when you are a beginner, how can you get rid of doubts? They creep in constantly... I have a tendency for depression and low self esteem, and that doesn't help either :(

Its not that you have to be 100% about your results 24/7. Thats not being realistic. I would say its important to not obesses about the spellwork as much as you can. You need to do something else to keep yourself busy from such worries. Thinking about how, when, and why things are going to work or not work. People become soo consumed in "How are things going to start manifesting" and When are things going to start manifesting. Does that really matter? As long as things manifest, and you hit your goal, that should not matter. If things fail, let some time pass, regroup, and do a different spell. Also, make sure you are actually doing the right spell for the right goal. Most spells are not only going to take one spell kit, or one candle burned on your behalf. You might need a road opener or you might to need to do a few candles to keep hitting at your goal. This is more than likely going to be case if you want someone back, and/or you want to break someone up. Spellwork is WORK, and it take some strength and self-discipline to not obsess and overthinking about things.

Also, a HUGE one I see frequently on this board is discussing your results or what you did before you even see results. Other peoples thoughts good and bad affect the manifestation of the spell. Discussing it with a practitioner or someone doing work for you is fine. Or a person you need further advice from is fine. But discussing it before it happens on a forum like this and worrying and worrying when its going to manifest after a few days, or few weeks literally takes away from the energy of the spell.

One way to get rid of doubts is to write down each doubt on a piece of paper and burn them in a cauldron or a fire proof container. Then get rid of the ashes far away from you. While I am doing this, I think of my worries being burned, and taken away. Disposal by fire is for destroying, and taking something influence away hence why I burn my worries away in the fire. Or you can write your worries, or fears on a black candle (from wick to base) you can put banishing oil, herbs, or the powder. Then burn it. Imagine your worries burning and being removed by the candle. Then get rid of the remains FAR away from you.

I hope this helps and makes sense.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby SilverStar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 am

thank you! I will try to banish these doubts.
SilverStar

Unread postby tag227 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 am

While this may not be the way to look at spellwork, personally, I look at every spell as a form of prayer work, and devote whatever work and faith in that work to a higher power. It's very hard to stop doubting, but like others had suggested, you should try to say the 23rd Psalm everyday to get rid of doubt as well. :)
tag227

Unread postby sigmadeuce » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 am

Most definatly read Psalms 23 ALL of the time. Also try bathing in a mixture of Salt Peter and High John.
sigmadeuce

Unread postby Crazy Irish Dan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Interesting...the book I use for numerology is "Your Days Are Numbered" by Florence Campbell. If the Bible and the 10 Commandments are all that concern you, I suppose this could work. But if you checked out that book, there's a much finer degree of detail than can be ascertained - what you will struggle with in different points of your life, 'curses' left over from previous reincarnations (I have one but I'm not saying what it is ;-) ), etc. As well as your Soul's Urge, Latent Self, Life Path, etc.

I'm not saying this wouldn't work but one of the reasons I've gone through the trouble of using such a system was for a more detailed look at myself than, say, general Astrology would offer. (Though as a Cancer/Leo cusp, I do find myself to be very 'dual' and easily able to reconcile opposing forces, like holding the Sun in one hand and the Moon in the other.) Using only your birth date, rather than your full birth name plus your birth date, knocks down the detail that can be gleaned considerably. How many people with your exact name were born on your exact birth day? Odds are, with all of the people in the world, maybe one. (Your Doppelganger?) How many people were born on that day, period? Thousands, if not millions.
Crazy Irish Dan

Unread postby Praesaepe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:12 am

Crazy Irish Dan wrote:I'm not saying this wouldn't work but one of the reasons I've gone through the trouble of using such a system was for a more detailed look at myself than, say, general Astrology would offer. (Though as a Cancer/Leo cusp, I do find myself to be very 'dual' and easily able to reconcile opposing forces, like holding the Sun in one hand and the Moon in the other.) Using only your birth date, rather than your full birth name plus your birth date, knocks down the detail that can be gleaned considerably. How many people with your exact name were born on your exact birth day? Odds are, with all of the people in the world, maybe one. (Your Doppelganger?) How many people were born on that day, period? Thousands, if not millions.

That's precisely why using just the date of someone's birth isn't exactly a great way to do an "astrology" reading. To cast an accurate chart and get any level of detail, you really need the exact time and place of birth in addition to the date. Anyone who tells you that you are "on the cusp" between two signs is not really doing astrology, since having the exact time of your birth would place your sun in one sign or the next, never really on this non-existant cusp. A lot of times, the "duality" that people who are born close to the sign changes feel or identify with is based on the fact that other personal planets are guaranteed to be near the sun. For exmaple, Mercury. Mercury in a person's chart can only be up to 72 degrees away from the sun on either side. Add to this that modern astrology uses all of the planets, up to and including Pluto, and there are countless other objects that astrologers can use to glean detail with varying degrees of success.

I've been studying astrology for a little more than 20 years now, and this basic idea of a person being only their Sun Sign is about the most rudimentary form of astrology there is. It offers no real detail, just a general list of qualities, and is unable to pinpoint timing of past events, or to divine any kind of future events. Astrology at its best is able to do both of those things, and so much more.

I am more than happy to answer some astrology questions through PM's on this site, but I will not do full readings for free. Astro.com will allow you to put in your chart information and will give you access to some small free reports if you are looking for a free reading, and Alabe.com shows on its front page a current chart for the company's location that will give you a great idea of what a real chart looks like. I also have another list of astrology related resources that I would be more than happy to share with anyone who would like to ask for them through PM, since it isn't directly related to Hoodoo, and I am not sure whether it would be well placed on this forum, and I have already hijacked this thread enough.

Happy Friday!
Praesaepe

Unread postby Wylde » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

Ok well mine ended up being 2 which yea thats a problem for me as well, but im equally bad at number 1, ive got serious issues with 3, 4, 5 and sometimes 10, and depending on how you look at it I may have been involved with 6 as well... (does hoodoing them count? LOL) but hey im good on 7 and 8 so that counts right? LOL

Guess its good I'm not a christian, cause I'd be in serious trouble

What about the 7 deadly sins? lol anyone wanna dive into that morass?
Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, and Pride

I am thinking I'm guilty of all of these at one time or another, but im slowly conquering gluttony at least, and my wrath is alot better lately I almost never curse at other drivers anymore. Lust is getting worse it seems but i think thats true for most women my age lol!

the others are a daily trial i guess.... :)
Wylde

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm

I am all seven deadlies rolled into one, and I admit it, but hey, they're things we're hotwired to do.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby narcissanoir » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:13 pm

i have a question the number 10 can be broken down to 1. what happens if this were to occur. would you stop at 10 or continue on and the number 1 would apply?
BTW i think this is very cool
narcissanoir

Unread postby narcissanoir » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:30 pm

i have a question the number 10 can be broken down to 1. what happens if this were to occur. would you stop at 10 or continue on and the number 1 would apply?
BTW i think this is very cool
narcissanoir

Unread postby Dumbledork » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi narcissanoir,

I guess you figured out my li'l problem with this...you either can have one or ten but not both. Here's something I think will help. Always go with ten. The reason being that the first commandment, "I am the Lord thy God" or in other versions "I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other gods but me", seems to me to be more of a statement of fact than a commandment when you look at it from a Judeo-Christian stand point. Here's what I mean. Jews and christians, as believers in one god, don't believe that any other greater gods are out there. Strictly speaking, Yaweh or Jehovah or God the Father, whatever name you use, is the great divine creative spirit...the alpha and omega...the Ultimate source and end of all that is. It's like god is laying it on the line and saying, "whatever you think you might be talking about when you talk about god--It's me and nobody else--whatever you might think is out there or would like to believe is out there, I'm the only thing you get." Then the real commandments start with the second commandment. You can accept it that he's the only one who isn't just a figment of your brain and worship him or you can worship something made up (DISCLAIMER: I don't mean to offend anybody with this last comment, I'm simply trying to explain what a jewish or christian might think. I am not saying that is actually the way things are or that everyone who doesn't believe is wrong or worshipping something made up...I have no more of an idea about who god really is than anybody else. I am only trying to explain what the biblical authors meant when they were talked about worshipping idols, the work of one's hands, versus worshipping what they called the "living god".). And then the commandments follow from there.

With that in mind, use 2 thru 10 to figure out what yourcammanment is.
Dumbledork

Unread postby keeperoftherubyshoes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:16 pm

My prep work is usually about like this; first, I write exactly what I'm working for, kind of a magical topic sentence. Then, I read read read & think think think- and write my work down in my own words (Try as I might, I never seem to be able to repeat *exactly* what other people have written before me, so I talk from my heart) I gather my ingredients, ask the blessing of the spirits, ground and center, & I'm usually off and running. When I'm done, I always say "thank you", because that's just good manners. :-)
Hope that helps!
keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread postby vinavin21 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 pm

I was a 4 keeping the sabbath day holy. I must admit I do not rest on sundays because I keep going and going......So yea this is on point!
vinavin21

Unread postby LaReina » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Sometimes when i am performing a spell that requires concentration and i cannot seem to focus, i listen to music that helps me focus. I usually do this when i am working on someone, i listen to music that reminds me of that certain person, or bands/songs that person likes.

I also like to say a prayer to a certain saint that goes with the spell. For example, if you are trying to regain something lost (maybe a lover), pray to Saint Anthony of Padua. For protection spells i feel that praying to Saint Michael and my gaurdian angel works best. If you just need help with something in general, a prayer to Gabriel may be the best. There are so many saints to choose from, and all bring something different that can help you. It's just a matter of spiritually connecting with them.

Cleaning my work area is another thing,i feel it prepares me for a new spell and allows me to concentrate more easily. When i am in the process of cleaning, i clear my mind and think of how i am going to execute the spell. I found that usually works for me.
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find
you get what you need...
LaReina

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Like LaReina, I play music while I work, something attuned to what I'm doing. I'm also a bit left-brained, and I like to make lists and write things out. That way I make sure i don't forget anything. So I'll write out candles, herbs, oils, psalms, incense, etc. I need and follow the steps.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

What would be a good prayer for love

Unread postby Daytona12 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Even though I can't go into details or anything what would be a good prayer from the psalms for love if LM are setting lights for me for love? I also have a bible as well.
Daytona12

Re: What would be a good prayer for love

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Psalms 138, 139, Song of Solomon.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Reading Psalm 23 is appropriate as well as noted in many of LM's love spells.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Psalm 23 is a good 'all purpose' mentioned in many of the different types of spells. Song of Solomon chapter 8 is mentioned specifically if the worker is female, chapter 6 for a man.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby Daytona12 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 am

All I can say is since I'm a guy and having LM lights setting for me and the person is a female is being work on would I use psalm 138 for prayers? Is either psalms 23 or 138 both powerful in their own way?
Daytona12

Unread postby cabriellenil » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:44 am

It really depends. Psalm 4 and 16 are for improving an unhappy situation and I've used both in love work. Psalm 23 is good in general, while 32 is particularly apt if the conflict has been caused by 'hot-headed' words or actions. Psalm 138 is for love and friendship.

Psalm 45 and 46 are good for making peace, esp. 'to tame cross wives', so they'd probably suit you. They're also the ones I use most frequently if there've been arguments, though I'm a girl.
cabriellenil

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:16 am

Only the Song of Solomon has different passages for male/female. Basically look at what you're reading, in chapter 6 it's Solomon speaking to his beloved, as opposed to 8 which is the bride speaking to Solomon. Most of the other Psalms are gender neutral. Psalm 139 can be used with 138 when you want a lover to return. You might want to check out "Secrets of the Psalms" by Godfrey Selig, Gamache also offers some suggested Psalms in his "The Master Book of Candle Burning." LM carries both.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby Daytona12 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm a guy which song of Solomon would I use and the person I'm praying for is a women who I know to come back into my life? would I used chp. 6 or 8?
Daytona12

Recommended Book and Question

Unread postby misterkurtis » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I am reading Edward Ball's "Slaves in the Family". I recommend this book as the Caucasian author came from a slave holding family and tries to sort out his plantation owning ancestors and the people they enslaved. Through meticulous research and interviews he proves that he has several African American relatives. Although mostly not hoodoo related, there is an interesting passage where a woman talks about Life Everlasting.

"And 'life everlasting.' That was good for fever and cold. Now, if they catch you with life everlasting, they'll lock you up! They'll say you got marijuana." "Life everlasting would make you sweat.... And it got the fever out. Then people started smoking it." Charlotte shrugged, and raised her eyebrows.

It seems that the speaker thinks this is strange, but has anyone ever heard of smoking Life Everlasting??
misterkurtis

Re: Recommended Book and Question

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 am

I have not heard of smoking Life Everlasting...I have used it as a tea...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Psalms for Road Opening?

Unread postby marcoa » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 am

Hello,

Are there specific Psalms traditionally used in Hoodoo that can be recited when burning Road Opener candles?

Thanks,

Marcoa
marcoa

Re: Psalms for Road Opening?

Unread postby Tishee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:23 am

I believe it is Psalm 23.
Tishee

Re: Psalms for Road Opening?

Unread postby Mama Micki » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

Psalm 23 is a wonderful all-purpose Psalm. For Road Opener, also read Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

love songs of solomon

Unread postby Daytona12 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:52 pm

I have a question with the love song of Solomon after each verse from the bible when dealing with love candle work or anything to would a person say the name of the person whom he or she is working on for example,

O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy
countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely. then you say the name of the person after the verse from the selected chapters in the bible from the song of Solomon.

thanks
Daytona12

Re: love songs of solomon

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Yes...you can name the person you are working on during any spell or reading...it is personalized that way...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: love songs of solomon

Unread postby Daytona12 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Thank you for the response man only 32 views on this topic I would feel that there would be more to this. hmm um I will keep that in mind when I say the love dong of Solomon tonight.
Daytona12

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:36 pm

When I am preparing to work conjure, I often get all my herbs, roots, and materials and have them arrayed all before me along with the candles. Once they are before me, I pick each one up and rehearse its meaning and what role it'll play in the work, sometimes even speaking to the roots asking them to lend me their power, filling them with my intent. Once each item is charged, I rehearse the actual movements while, letting the mechanical movments become a part of me, becoming organic. While I'm doing this I keep my intention very clear so that the motions are tied and associated with my goal. Then I dig in, my incantations are sometimes rehearsed, sometimes rhyming incantations, sometimes heartfelt words, whatever suits the goal at the time.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theredc6 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:08 pm

LaReina wrote:I listen to music that helps me focus. I usually do this when i am working on someone, i listen to music that reminds me of that certain person, or bands/songs that person likes.

I occasionally listen to music to put me in the mood to do particular workings too :) (especially when I am doing work for someone else).

It depends on what kind of work I am doing. But generally:

The first thing I work on is the petition (and if I will not be using an actual petition, I still write out the words, song or prayer I will be saying during the work).

Once the wording conveys EXACTLY I want, I gather all of the materials I will need to complete the spell. Everything has to be laid out in order so I can go through everything without interruption. I unscrew oil bottles, clean the candles, open herb jars and dig out candles (to hold herbs, name papers, etc) before I begin to save an unnecessary step.

Then I go to work dressing the candle (or making the honey jar or whatever it is that I may be doing). While I am dressing the candle I am in the mood to do the work (If I can't get in the right state of mind because of the events of the day, I will listen to music or meditate*). While I am preparing the item, I am concentrating on my goal. I say what I want out loud, what each herb or mineral is for,what the candle is for, what the colors I use represent, what the oils are to do, etc.

Then I set up my altar, while I am still concentrating on the work. Depending on the work, I work on each item for an allotted time each day at the same time (either repeating petitions, songs or actions).

*Note: I think meditation is an important part of learning how to focus. Meditation does not have to be traditional eastern meditation, it could be saying the rosary, repeating scripture or anything of that nature as long as you are focusing on something continuously.
theredc6

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics