Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

faith2008

Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by faith2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks CM. I didn't think charge was the right word but I couldn't think of anything else to put. My bad, lol. That seems simple enough though, thanks for the info and I love the idea of FWP and I have that one coming. I wouldn't have thought to use it for this though but I will. Thanks again.

Hugs,
Hope

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:I usually start preparing by looking up ingredients, and different spells online. This usually takes me a few hours to a couple of days depending on what I am trying to do. I like to get ideas and make my own spells up or sometimes I make them up from "scratch" so it takes me awhile. I will write out my own prayer, or petition of what I want to say and I do rehearse it a few times to make sure it is what I want to say. As for focus, I burn some sage, or some kind of incense relating to the objective. I dont know why it helps clear my mind, and I work at night considering my family is sometimes awake and that can be distracting. Also, I cleanse my hands before and after with florida water. If its a target I am working on, I put their picture in a picture frame, and set it on my altar and speak to it, and focus on whatever I want them to do. If I am doing a candle, I put my hands around the candle, and say the petition or whatever comes to mind. I have gotten really good at feeling the energy, and releasing it into the candle. I try to envision the outcome, but other times I am so in a trance from saying the petition or whatever over and over again. Also, I pay attention to my mood, and my energy...if I cant focus because I am sick or too tired, I will usually stop or not do the spell. I noticed I get these random results when I half-put my all into things. ;)

Stars, you are like my magical twin :)

jancy

Unread post by jancy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:00 am

i read that you can recite Psalm 23 and ask for something that you want. How do you do that? do you say your petition first then the prayer or how?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 am

You can state your petition before, and then concentrate on desiring your petition while praying the psalm.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

MissVeeDee

Unread post by MissVeeDee » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am

I pray the Psalm every day. On my way to work as I visualize a peaceful, profitable day, or while I'm in the shower visualizing any anger or unpleasant feelings washing off, while getting dressed, visualizing my clothes filled with an aura of positive light, when starting a new project, really anything. I put all of my faith and energy in the the first sentence "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall have no want" and I'll tell you it works wonders! =)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 am

I have read psalm 23 seven times for 7 days to draw something to me while performing drawing spells.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

KhonsuMes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by KhonsuMes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 pm

The psalm has many positive images in it, I find I use it often - with a little extra note of concentration around the words that apply best to the occasion - be those about comfort, or protection, or abundance, or victory, etc. I usually put it after the petition itself (also after basic offerings at the altar and while self-anointing with oils) as a kind of seal and summation of the work.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:48 pm

If you want help visualizing an image while reciting Psalm 23, i suggest you focus on the Ace of Cups from the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck -- "my cup runneth over..."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Cups01.jpg

DIV-TAR-RWSE
Rider Waite Smith Tarot, English
$16.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Most of us know this Psalm so well we can say it by rote without even thinking of the deeper imagery and meaning. When you look at the true wording of the Psalm it is so very comforting and lovely. As for the rote recitation, I have a peculiar habit based around this prayer. When I am looking to find a solution to a troubling issue I will pray this Psalm almost like a mantra or chant while trying to go to sleep at night. It sounds a little odd...but like an answered prayer, I almost always find my solution in my dreams -- usually in a very vivid way.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Visualizing the Ace of Cups, what a neat concept. I've done Tarot visualization for other work, but I didn't consider it for reciting the Pslams. I shall have to take note of this one.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 am

catherineyronwode wrote:If you want help visualizing an image while reciting Psalm 23, i suggest you focus on the Ace of Cups from the Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck -- "my cup runneth over..."
Ooo, I really like that. Thanks for the tip Miss Cat!

jancy

Unread post by jancy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Thats really good advice thanks!

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:27 pm

I have a question to all including rootworkers as well. Do any one know of a prayer to have a person get in contact with me becuase everytime that I try to get in touch with my friend she does not respond it make me really upset becuase I have heard from her in a while is there anyway that I can reach her. I know that my root worker is doing everything to bring her back into my life which is great and happy but I a prayer.

Any thoughts
would be good

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:37 pm

any ideas?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Daytona12 consider petitioning Saint Anthony...

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

If your rootworker is doing work on your behalf there is nothing wrong with asking that rootworker if anything can be done to help communication along. Usually they can work in a "Call Me" conjure into their working or at least do some RO to help it along. Have you discussed this with your rootworker?

Psalm 88 is usually a good one to help someone contact you. Light some Come to Me incense or use Black Tobacco and pray Psalm 88 over your phone. Placing a parrot feather near your phone while you pray for that person to contact you can also help get them to call and talk to you.

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks this should help me a bit until my root worker find a good prayer of it may be this one. I have to wait and see, but thanks.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 pm

"My Cup Runneth Over" was a popular love song when I was young; I remember my parents listening to it. It would be a lovely addition to Psalm 23, especially if one is seeking love.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am

I have a family member who I believe was crossed and is also extremely negative. They want nothing to do with magick so they would never willingly take an herb bath. (I will get a reading for them) but I wanted to know if there is a way I can secretly have them cleanse themselves. I was thinking of putting some bath salts in their shampoo and loundry or maybe get some soaps like black pullet egg or pagoda. Would this work? because i think usually you have to focus on your intention so if they dont know they are cleansing themselves is it even worth it? Even if they aren't jinxed i'd love it for them to stop being so negative.

thanx!!
Thank you, Archangel Michael for your constant protection.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:09 pm

The secret ways you listed (are a few of many) can be used for cleansing so they will not know and your intention puts the work in action.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 pm

My guess is that they are drawing negative conditions to themselves. Burn a white candle dressed with Cast Off Evil oil and sprinkle some Cast Off Evil powder in their path. They do not have to know what you're doing or approve for it to work. Your belief is enough.

If you have access to their laundry add some Cast Off Evil oil or bath crystals to it or a few drops of Chinese Wash. You can also make a floor wash with bath crystals or 13-herb bath to clear the negativity that they are generating.

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:17 pm

oh this is great news! I did not know my intention alone would suffice but that gives me hope then. and i agree their attitude is probably drawing a run of bad luck to them but its not likely they will change now so all I can do is try to help them this way.

thank you :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 pm

cleopatra wrote: "Your belief is enough."

Brujita Angelical wrote: "I did not know my intention alone would suffice."

Well, in the first place, "belief" (faith) is not the same as "intention" (will).

In the second place, conjure is not like Thelemic magic in which will and intention are the highest valued of the magician's arsenal of tools. Nor is conjure like simple New Thought or Christianity, in which faith and belief are the highest valued of the practitioner's arsenal of tools.

Rather, conjure is a long-lived traditional Southern system of primarily African American plus Native American / European / Christian melange of folk magic practices in which we use roots, herbs, minerals, candles, oils, curios, and prayers to achieve our goals.

Belief, faith, intention, and will power are important in any system of magic, but beware of accepting advice on this forum from anyone who tells you that "it's all a matter of belief" or "it's all a matter of your willed intention."

Neither of those statements describe the customs, traditions, or practices that comprise American hoodoo, rootwork, or conjure.

In the introduction to "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" I have written more about the way that outsiders to the tradition try to insert their own redefinitions and philosophical biases into conjure, and why their ideas neither reflect actual patterns of magical work within the culture of rootwork nor have become popular within the conjure community. I sincerely recommend that folks read that material as it is too long to reprint here.

Just another rootdoctor trying to honour the elders who taught me; just keeping it real.
catherine yronwode

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks Miss Cat, I sure didn't mean to offend anyone with my choice of words and like I said I am learning about Hoodoo and reading all of the material you have here. I enjoy reading it but of course I am no way done yet since its a lot.

I guess what I meant was, when you are doing work for yourself, you in some way have to focus (unless I'm wrong about that but I believe I read some members mention "focus" or something along those lines) -- so my concern was how can they cleanse themselves if I am the one secretely putting bath salts in their shampoo?

I'll try to read up on this to understand.

Thanx everyone!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:55 pm

No offense taken.

To answer your first question, yes, "focus" is important, just as it is when engaging in an athletic event or a school test. But please be aware that "focus" alone will not win the sports contest or get you on the Honour Roll in school. You need talent (gifts), training, practice, and the right equipment, too. Ditto for conjure work.

As far as your second question, of course we cleanse people by working on them secretly -- but you have it backwards when you ask "how can they cleanse themselves if I am the one secretly putting bath salts in their shampoo?" They can't cleanse themselves -- WE are doing the work on them and for them.

Have you read my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on bathing and floor washing in the hoodoo tradition? If not, check it out here:

http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

This forum is a place where my customers and clients come when they want to learn about how to use Lucky Mojo products in traditional conjure work. It is not a place where i teach folks about magic. Help yourself to the free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" and, if your interest deepens, to my printed book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

Good luck in all your studies.
catherine yronwode

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 am

what is the psalm to be read for a commanding spell???

thanks

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I find Pslams 114 and 125 pretty good for command and control.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

thanks CM..

ThatOldSycorax

Unread post by ThatOldSycorax » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:22 pm

The best way that I realized that I can prep for a spell is by listening to something calming on my iPod like the Vitamin String Quartet or Enya and then rereading what has to be done. Then enjoying the work of getting the things needed and finally just getting ready to weave the spell itself. Most of the stuff that I work is European enchantments so going over the spell until I memorize everything is incredibly helpful.

rory

Unread post by rory » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:35 am

dear All,

im new here and in the work...I never cust a spell before or doing any work...but I oredered from LM a reconciliation kits and love me kits and other things..and I will receive my orders this week...
so my question now is how could I pray over it ??? Im muslim ...so how is it going ????

and please i wana know if there is a specific things to do in the altar first before cast the spell or doing the work ? like setting candles first or pray first ??

Im sorry if im lazy but really I dont know how to do it and im afraid to mess any thing..I know that the LM products will come with the instructions but i dont think it cames with these things ....

thank you
Roro

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 am

Hi Roro,

I have several Islamic clients who do Hoodoo spells for themselves, there is nothing wrong with praying from your heart in your own tradition. Try to find Suras that speak to your situation and employ them in the work.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't be afraid to use the Pslams in your work. In the Islamic tradition the Psalms are still considered a divinely-inspired book called the Zabur and are considered part of the heavenly books along with the Qur'an. So pick up your Zabur and pray from it. If you still feel uncomfortable with that aspect, then simply make prayer like you would normal make dua. That is, call on God and ask for what you need, the only thing I would recommend is to ensure you focus on your prayer and make sure it's heart-felt.

Now as for any prepatory work at the altar, that is up to you. Some people prefer to open up their work, or start it off by lighting a few altar candles and praying for success and guidance from God. If you feel this will help you, then go for it.

rory

Unread post by rory » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 am

Dear Miss Bri,

really thank you for this information ..i will take a sura from the kur'an an pray while im working..coz really it will be from my heart coz i dont know any other prayers than ours...thank you so much

rory

Unread post by rory » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 am

dear Conjureman,

thank you so much for lighting my way...now i understand very well..i could say a pray from the zabur but coz i never read it before maybe it will not be fom my heart or closer to me..

so i will do it by kur'an and God help me..we have good Suras to help us...

about Altar candles i will light while candles to open the way to me...but

is there any incense to burn in the altar beside the incense we get from LM products just to open the way ??
and wana know when is the perfect days to do a work for love ??? and i know it has to be after 12 midnight and before sunrise..right ??

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Asalamu alaikum Rory,

Allah(SWT) said, "Call on me, by my names." Allah(SWT) has 99 names for us to understand Him(SWT), and to call him by in times of need, prayer, etc.

Sura Ya Sin, and the three Quls are amazing.

May Allah(SWT) give you what is best; and make you please with His(SWT) qadr, Ameen.

with love and duas,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

tlvb25

Unread post by tlvb25 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 am

Can you please try to explain to me what it is to "focus my intent."

What i mean is that i have done spell work in the past and seen results but a lot of times i know i am over thinking...i'm virgo and we do that naturally.

But i want a clear explanation of how much intent is just enough, or is it necessary to visual every nook and cranny of what it is that i am trying to accomplish.

Do i have charge every item i'm using for a spell working or do i just do the spell working with intention? How long does it take to charge an item? cause i am always very hard on myself trying to make sure i pouring alot of energy into every item.

I find that when im focusing my intention on something, i think that i am trying to visualize in a too much detailed way and in result its hard to keep the focus. Sometimes i think that i just need to make the intent not detailed because maybe im hindering possible results that may come another way.

Like when i'm doing love work, do i focus on what i want to the target to exactly think, or do i focus on the target to love me?

Do i focus on putting the thoughts i want the target to think or just focus on the target thinking on me in a loving way?

How do you know when you're over-thinking it and when your intent is just enough?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 pm

For love work, I would focus on what I want the target to do "Love Me"

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 pm

You are asking general questions about the theory and practice of magic, and seemingly of Wicca, Ceremonial, or Neo-Pagan magic, since you mention "charging" items, which is a special use of that word that only occurs in those forms of magic.

Please understand that this forum is about the use of spiritual supplies in the conjure, hoodoo, and rootwork tradition of the American South. If you are interested in our form of practice, the best place to start is probably by reading my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." Read the entire book -- hundreds of pages -- and follow out every link. You will then be able to decide if your interest is in the practice of Southern style folk-magic or not -- and if not, you may wish to attend to a forum for Wiccans, Ceremonialists, or Neo-Pagans.

To answer your question about "intent" as directly as i can:

There is no special, different, or occult meaning to the word "intent" within the tradition of African American folk magic. "Intent" and "intention" are defined exactly as they would be defined in a regular English dictionary.

What do you intend to make happen? THAT is your intent.

Intent is stronger than a "wish" -- because "a wish is a dream your heart makes" as the old saying goes, but an intention is a plan of action. "I intend to drive to Emeryville today" is different than "i wish to drive to Emeryille today."

The trick is to move from wishing to full intentionality:

"Gee, i wish he'd propose to me." That's a wish.

"I WILL BE MARRIED TO HIM IN JUNE!" That is an intention.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:12 pm

I actually wrote down something a rootworker told me last year about intention:

"Focus your intention, it's the difference between shooting a slingshot or shooting a .357 magnum."
--- Rev. Stitch

Once he told me that I understood the focus part of intention. It's not something to be overthought. Hope this helps.

tlvb25

Unread post by tlvb25 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi there Cat

I know that hoodoo is the path that i want to follow cause i am strongly drawn to the inherent power in natural objects and I also love the creativity and even simplicity in magic path of hoodoo. I know i don't want to follow the Wicca path or any other path but hoodoo but like in all form of magic the word intent is constantly mentioned, but almost hardly ever is it explained.

I am firm believer that everything has to be taught cause someone had to teach you what intent was and how to operate in it and project it. Is intent better project with visualized thought and how long do you have to visualize or is intent so simple that im making it hard...like i said im a Virgo and this may be possible. The few people who actually do take the time to explain intent they seem to stress the need to see and visualize your desire...im trying to find out is this true in hoodoo. Or is it simply just knowing what you want to happen and visualizing is not necessary.

I would like to work with the "Come to Me" product line cause i have someone in mind but if visualizing is the main component of intent then im having problems coming up with a visual image of the intent of coming to me. For example do i visualize the person thinking about me all the time. When i think of a come to me spell being worked immediately my understanding is making a person want to be with you, but i have a hard time visualizing it in mind. I have a hard time trying to visualize and think on how to make the person feel this feeling....or am i trying to hard and and i have to do is state that i want the person to want to come to me?

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

tlvb25,

I think you're overthinking this too much. Before you start your work, think about what you want the outcome to be. Don't worry about how it's going to happen - just think about what you want the end result to be.

In the case of a Come to Me spell, you're intention is to get someone you want to come to you in (I'm assuming) affection and/or love. That's your intent for that particular work. If you want someone to think about you constantly, you would do a skull candle conjure with the intent of making that person think of you.

In other words, there are different conjures (spells) for different intents. Don't try to take something general like an attraction or come to me spell and add all your intentions for that person. That's far too many things going on and most likely your work won't manifest. Focus your energy and intent on ONE outcome and you'll be fine.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Intent is stronger than a "wish" -- because "a wish is a dream your heart makes" as the old saying goes, but an intention is a plan of action. "I intend to drive to Emeryville today" is different than "i wish to drive to Emeryille today."

The trick is to move from wishing to full intentionality:

"Gee, i wish he'd propose to me." That's a wish.

"I WILL BE MARRIED TO HIM IN JUNE!" That is an intention.

Good luck.
Wow.

I hadn't thought of it that way....
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Excellent question and responses!
I actually applied some of the advice to my candle ritual today.
Thanks to all!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm

You seem to be focused quite a bit on visualization. Visualization actually doesn't play a big part in traditional hoodoo as you don't see many of the informants or teachers talk about "visualizing" anything. I'm not saying some people don't use it and it can't be done. In some of my other works visualization is definately called for, but in conjure the emphasis is really on your ability to get the materials to work for you along with successful prayer.

Focus on your intent for me means that you *determine* that _ will happen. For me this translates into a frame of mind where I have complete faith that what I intend *will* happen, *is* happening.

Instead of visualizing, determine what you want then spend the time praying ferverntly, letting your prayer speak your intent for you.

tlvb25

Unread post by tlvb25 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Hello Conjure Man,

I am soooo glad that you shared your input on my post....i really love your input and have come to respect your wisdom and knowledge. I think i understand what you are saying. I believe i am most definitely closer in my understanding and believe this lack of understanding in this area has been haunting and hindering me for years and just with you taking the time to answer me and with your very excellent style of explaining things I understand much better, but i still feel like I am not all the way there just yet...lol....sorry please bare with me.

Question #1
So is it true that when they say pray over your candle with intent that there is really no need to hold it in hand like wiccan do when they charge candles with their intent? So in the art of hoodoo there is no need to visualize, hold and charge candles.....just simply pray over them?

Question #2
In hoodoo when your praying over your candles or whatever else calls for prayer, are you praying to God or just praying (voicing your intent and desire out into the spirit world)? Are you simply talking to the candles themselves?

I am a little confused cause when i read Cat's online book on hoodoo, it says that Hoodoo doesnt havent a religion attached to it but that it is a african form of folk magic that is based on personal power but i have read so many say that it is christian based. Thats not what her online book says it does say that alot of people who practice hoodoo is christian.

Question #3
If you can or if you dont mind can you give me an example of praying with intent over lets say candles that have been set for money or love. How do you go about it...im a very visual person...so if you explain then i can see it in my mind....i hope you understand what i am saying.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Q: "The few people who actually do take the time to explain intent they seem to stress the need to see and visualize your desire...im trying to find out is this true in hoodoo. Or is it simply just knowing what you want to happen and visualizing is not necessary."

Visualization magic is a different kind of magic. Those who have good visual imaginations may use the technique of visualization, but to do so is neither doctrine nor dogma in Southern folk magic.

Q: "So is it true that when they say pray over your candle with intent that there is really no need to hold it in hand like wiccan do when they charge candles with their intent?"

Right. We do not consider it a doctrinal or a dogmatic point to "charge" the candles. We don't use the word "charge." As for holding it -- you can do whatever you like -- keep it on the table, hold it, touch it... different folks have different techniques.

Q: "In hoodoo when your praying over your candles or whatever else calls for prayer, are you praying to God or just praying (voicing your intent and desire out into the spirit world)? Are you simply talking to the candles themselves?"

Most practitioners of conjure are Protestant Christian African-Americans from the South (although, of course, there are many folks from other cultures included now as well). So, we pray to Lord God Jehovah. We pray the Psalms. We don't "talk to the candles" unless the candles are being used as doll-babies (image candles) and then they are linked to a specific person and we are speaking to that person. Again, i am going to tell you to read the free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." Until you do, you are going to ask questions that have been answered there, so take a hint and read the material.

BOO-FLS-KJVD
Holy Bible, King James Version, gold emb. cover. Doré illlus.
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Q: "If you can or if you dont mind can you give me an example of praying with intent over lets say candles that have been set for money or love."

There are literally HUNDREDS of different ways to pray over and light a candle for money, but here is one way: You dress the candle with oils and herbs -- or buy a dressed candle and remove the cling-wrap. You knock the candle (tap it three times on the table) or place your hand over it or hold it to your bosom, and you speak aloud your petition, such as, "Dear Lord, you know the need i have for a promotion on my job. You know that the extra money that will bring in will enable us to get Willie Jr. into pre-school. Lord, You make a way where there is no way, Lord, You provide for all your children. You know my need. Dear Lord, open Mr Cargill's heart that he may see clear to give me the promotion and pay raise he spoke about today. I place my faith and trust in you, Lord, and i ask this favour in Jesus' name, Amen." Then light the candle and recite your Psalm, such as Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want..."

If you really need a "visual" guide on how to pray, here is one at youtube that will show you what i am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VHWzouvLQ

We are not actually here to teach you the fundamentals of folk magic, but rather to teach you to use Lucky Mojo products. So read the free book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" that is online, and then, if you want help using our products, we'll help. The book's table of contents is here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Best of luck to you!
catherine yronwode

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 pm

I was wondering is it possible to do this binding spell on someone who talks bad about you and who is really mean to you?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 am

Nice to hear from you again; it's been a while.

Beach

Unread post by Beach » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 am

Hi, I know that while doing spells / lighting candles / setting up honey jars / etc you're supposed to concentrate with all your might on what you're doing, the target and the kind of energy you're trying to create.

For whatever reason, I find this extremely extremely difficult. What I find myself doing instead is concentrating as best I can in that moment (which isn't very long) and then "revisiting" my burning candles with a few seconds worth of glances, acknowledgements, gratitude, quick prayers every few minutes.

Can this be effective? This slow outpour over the few hours the candles are burning instead of giving it all I've got in the first moments? or am I wasting my time and these products I'm so lucky to have? or disrespecting the work behind these products for not giving it due concentration?

thanks...!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:57 am

Ah, I've been working for a few years and sometimes I still have problem concentrating =)

I try to focus/visualize for at least 15, usually 30 minutes after I light the candle. Then of course I'll go back and look at how it's burning (for signs, etc.) but you shouldn't worry about or doubt the effect in anyway. I don't pray more than once either - you ask with conviction and you leave it to the universe.

When you work regularly you'll get better at it. Practice!
HRCC Graduate #1610

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Hello all. i am waiting to being spellwork when my order arrives. i am new to all of hoodoo as well and look forward to many experiences in years to come.

what i would like to know is.. when performing a spell and are goin to use herbs how do you ask/pray them to participate in the works?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 am

I speak directly to the herbs, for example, I may say, "You are Dixie John, and I ask that you bring your blessings to my work. Bless the love of (name) and (name) that their love may grow as you grow so abundantly on the mountain." Name the plant, the qualites of the plant and ask the plant's help as it pertains to your work.

I also speak to the herbs and roots as I am harvesting them, but not everyone gathers their own botanicals. This is just my method, but I do feel that asking either verbally or non-verbally for the blessing and aid of the herbs and roots you are working with will bring power and vitality to your spells.

Good luck,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 am

Thank you CopperFox. that really sets me straight on how to do it. i will definitely do it that way when i perform my next spell.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:17 am

oh i have one more question.. how do you pray to herbs when its for a dark work? surely you cant ask it for its blessing in that context for such works right??
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:08 am

Then you would ask it to bring its harsher aspects to bear. The general process remains the same.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm

"Red Pepper I call on your spirit; bring your fire to this work so you can burn the heels of _ and drive them far far away."

mysiclady

Unread post by mysiclady » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:33 am

I've heard that you must pray over a herb or root to get it working for you, Is this true? and if so, How would you go about doing so? I know about praying possibilly for your spells,But I am specifing the herb or root alone that you possibily may be working with at the time.Is there something one would do special? Have anyone heard of this? If so please share. ;)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 am

This was just discussed in another thread about 3 days ago. There's no one way to do it - each workers method will be slightly different than the next. Basically, one method is to speak to the herb/root as if it were a person, and tell it what you'd like for it to do for you.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:54 am

thanks everyone for the great examples!! now i wont have any confusion as how to do this.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 am

here ya go.. it was me that had asked and everyones responses were very clear and straightforward.

how-to-use-herbs-during-a-spell--t5982.html#p34560
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”