Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

ShadoWalker and heartexalted,

The type of magic we practice is African American conjure. All practitioners speak English. Most prefer the King James Version of the Bible, but some use more modern English translations.

BOO-FLS-KJVK
Holy Bible, King James Version, Hardcover, Black
$22.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I was told to practice how to focus & mediate while I'm doing m cleanse because I have a hard time focusing & visualizing, does anyone have an tricks or techniques links anything i can do as practice?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 pm

ConjureWitchery ,

Yes, going into a highly receptive spiritual state -- as in the example you gave of speaking in tongues, or by entering into a trance, or by becoming inspired and enflamed in speech -- are definitely part of hoodoo.

-----

bfly30,

These conditions aid focus:

* A place that is either outdoors in peacful nature or clean and tidy indoors
* A candle flame.
* A pleasant smell, such as essential oils, perfume, or incense.
* Quietude or soft, non-verbal music.
* Loose clothing.
* Fresh air.
* Not having eaten recently, but not yet being hungry.
* Not being sleep deprived or sleepy.

BOO-FLS-KJVD
Holy Bible, King James Version, gold emb. cover. Doré illlus.
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

lovinlife1976

Unread post by lovinlife1976 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 am

Hello!
I looked on the list of Psalms on the AIRR website but I couldn't find any particular ones for break up work.....What Psalms would you use for break up work besides your own prayer...Thanks in advance!

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 am

Hi
I read on this site somewhere you can use:

Psalm 3
Psalm 68 v: 1 and 2
Psalm 105 v: 28-32

Sm2900

Unread post by Sm2900 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 am

Hello catherine yronwode,

I just bought a Protection candle and a Reversing candle, but they didn't come with any instructions. I have the Protection oil and incense to go with the Protection candle and the Reversing Oil and incense to go with the Reversing candle.

1) A spiritual adviser that I once had told me to use scriptures from the Bible in Psalms. I don't have a clue what Psalms to read for these two candles.

2) I was also wondering if I can add my children's name alone with my name to the Protection candle.

3) Can you suggest anything else that would help me to use these candles?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 am

1) For the Protection candle, i like Psalms 91. For the Reversing Candle, i like Psalms 37.

2) Of course you can -- and should -- addyour childrens names to the petition on the Protection Candle.

3) Lucky Mojo Protection and Reversing Candles come already dressed, so you do not need to add more ils to the candles, however,, burning incense while the candle burns and ass you recite the Psalms is a great addition to your prayers. You may use the oils on your body or do as many others do and add a few drops in your bath or the childrens' baths. You can use the oils separately and recite one Psalm over the bath or you can blend the two oils together if you wish and recite both Psalms over the bath.

The reason we do not send instructions with our products is that the instructions are availabe for free online as part of my free book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." Please read the following "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages for further instructions on the uses of our oils, incenses, and candles:

How to use Oils: http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

How to use Incense: http://luckymojo.com/incense.html

How to use Candles: http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

How to use Protection Spiritual Supplies: http://luckymojo.com/protection.html

How to use Fiery Wall of Protection Spiritual Supplies: http://luckymojo.com/fierywallofprotection.html

How to use Reversing Spiritual Supplies: http://luckymojo.com/reversing.html

Good luck and God bless you!
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 pm

These are two of my favorite candle workings. Good luck in your work Sm2900. I see a future student.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Other good verses for reversal are Psalm 7: 13-16, Esther 9: 24-25, and Jeremiah 17: 17-18. Though they seem to work towards a "meaner" form of reversal, in my estimation.
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

Sm2900

Unread post by Sm2900 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

I thank all of you for your help!

libbinbelle

Unread post by libbinbelle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:52 am

Can you print a a psalm over a picture -- a place you'd like to live, if you're trying to better your situation for example --and use it as a seal?

I want to place it in the sun with the right oils.

Thank you to all for your help.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 am

libbinbelle,

Yes, you can do this, but i am unclear what you mean by "print." The word can mean either block text that is hand written or it can mean fontagraphic or mechanical / digital lettering of some sort.

If by "print" you mean surprinting with a fontagraphic text, i would say that, yes, it is feasible, but that handwriting (either cursive or block text) is more personal and thereby invested with more spiritual energy.
catherine yronwode

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

I was wondering what psalms or verses would one recite for a clarity,courage and wisdom spell?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

libbinbelle

Unread post by libbinbelle » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 am

Cat,

Thank you for our answer about the writing making it stronger. What I had in mind was using a psalm in a text box and making the text box transparent (except for the text) and having a picture show through underneath. Just trying to explain it properly.

I'm thinking about using a psalm over a picture in Word doc.

I have somethings in mind, some I'd like to draw and someone in mind I'd like to back off. I have a windowsill facing East, house front and one facing West ,house back. Thinking of using a capped jar of plain water over them, which would be charged and magnified by the all day sun. I can't use candles and my plants get dug up sometimes.

I am also thinking of using oils on the the psalms regarding a woman who needs to back off and leave me alone, but it's my windowsill and I am not sure what the jinxing oils would do in a situation like that.

Thank you very much.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:10 am

Hi wraithklewn,

Psalm 23 is a go-to for any positive work. It's multi-purpose, comforting and helpful whenever guidance and wisdom are needed. Other psalms to consider include 112, 129 & 150.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 am

libbinbelle,

I understand -- you are using digital typography.

Note that you completely changed what i wrote about "investing the paper with spiritual energy" into the word "stronger" -- but that is NOT what i meant. I was not speaking of "strength" but rather of the ability to transfer YOUR SPIRITUAL ENERGY, generated by the hand-copying of the Psalm, into the water, via a rite of deployment.

There are older and better ways to work with Psalms than what you have described, and their betterness does not consist of their oldness; it consists of the manner of transmission of the worker's will, though prayer, into an object that also contains symbolic objects and plant and root allies, and that can -- if desired -- be seen, directly touched, walked over, bathed in, or ingested.

If you mechanically cut-and-paste text or even print the Psalms with a typographic program that is mechanical in nature, the connection between your hand and the paper is merely electronic. Also, the ink may be waterproof and the electronically transmitted text may not dissolve in the water.

Since you have not stated how you intend to deploy the bottle of which you speak, beyond setting it in a window sill,
it seems that, given the idea of making a woman back off, you are proposing to make a witch jar or spirit trap of some kind -- a sealed jar of water that is mildly connected to your will.

If that is your intention, then, in that case, you would want other items in the jar, such as broken glass, pins, needles, fragments of broken mirror, red pepper, salt, etc. This is a traditional spirit trap, and it is often made in cobalt blue glass and set in a window.

But let's say you had another intention -- to regain health, to be able to rent a desired property, to cause an enemy to move out of town. In these cases, you would wish to go beyond designing a way to deploy the power of a Psalm into the water. You would want to then deploy the water.

In these cases, you work with a very old family of tricks called "drinking Psalms," "bathing with Psalms," and "sprinkling Psalms." Think how effective your work with the Psalms would be if you hand copied the relevant Psalm with water-soluble ink, which dissolved your words into the water under the powerful rays of the Sun and then you drank or bathed in the water (with a Psalm of health) or sprinkled the water around the property (with a Psalm of tenancy) or gave the water to an enemy to drink (with a Psalm of imprecation).

"Drinking Psalms," "bathing with Psalms," and "sprinkling Psalms." are forms of folk magic in which deployment and contact are central themes. In these down-home hoodoo methods, the first step would be hand-writing the Psalm; the second step would be placing the Psalm in water to dissolve your writing; the third step would be adding botanical, mineral, or zoological curios to the water; the fourth step would be infusion; and the fifth step would be to specify ways of deploying, ingesting, or somehow using the water in a trick or job of work.
catherine yronwode

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm

There are Bible-oriented web sites online that contain information that seems like it would be useful in terms of learning to pray. Some of them are very detailed about what the Bible says regarding prayer and about different ways of praying. As such, I look forward to reading more of these sites.

That said, there are other aspects of some of the online prayer site's ideology that I find distasteful - such as opposition to the occult, divination, and praying to saints - but I see no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For example, this article, entitled "Battle Prayer Against Terminal Hodgkins Disease," shows a specific application of the Psalms and Christian prayer against a physical illness for healing. Looks like powerful stuff!

Main page of articles on praying

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm

heartexalted,

Thank you for that link. I rarely endorse off-site links, but i am making an exception in this case because this page shows some extremely powerful prayer methods, and it will be of help to many here, i believe.
catherine yronwode

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:41 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:heartexalted,

Thank you for that link. I rarely endorse off-site links, but i am making an exception in this case because this page shows some extremely powerful prayer methods, and it will be of help to many here, i believe.
You are very welcome! :)

davidrivers33
Newly Registered

Unread post by davidrivers33 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 pm

is there any Psalm i can read for attraction and love?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 am

I would suggest that you, and anyone doing love work, read the entire Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) in the Bible, then select the passages that are most appropriate to your situation.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

creator27

Unread post by creator27 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 am

I am married to a man that believes that a woman should be in subjection to her husband and gets this from Genesis 3:16-17, and 1 Corinthians 11:3. This is a source of unhappiness to me as I find he tries to control me at times and thinks I'm not a good wife because I am not in subjection to him and I don't respect him. I wanted to know how to reverse the impact of a bible verse. I know that we use psalms to manifest the things we desire, but how do you use a verse to reverse it's impact. I hope this makes some sense.

I am working a St. Martha spell to reverse the table on him and dominate him in love and get him to bend to my ways. At the same time I'm working a honey jar to sweeten our relationship with more loving feelings.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 am

The "curse of Eve" was that she would have pain in childbirth and that her husband would rule over her, but the "curse of Adam" would be that he would have to do hard physical labor in order to eat and that in the end he would turn to dust. So unless he is a farmer or other laborer, he really doesn't have right to use this passage.

Zora Neale Hurston collected African-American folk tales. One said that Adam asked God to let him rule over Eve, and when Eve complained, God wouldn't take it back. So the devil came to Eve and told her to ask God for three keys. God granted her request. The keys were to the kitchen, the bedroom, and the cradle. Because Eve had these keys, without her, Adam wouldn't get anything to eat, any loving, or any babies, so he treated her with more respect.

I'd also suggest you read the book of Ephesians, especially 5:21, which tells husbands and wives to submit to each other, in other words, try to get along. Marriage is about compromise and listening to the other person.

Many people resist domination, but will respond to sweetening and subtle suggestions.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Mama Micki wrote: Many people resist domination, but will respond to sweetening and subtle suggestions.

This is a piece of very valuable advice. Listen well. If you feel like you have hit a roadblock with the Domination work that you may be doing (this applies to anyone reading this, not just the original poster) then try doing some simple Sweetening Work. You may be surprised at how much further you get with the Sweetening Work versus the Domination Work.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

plex wendy

Unread post by plex wendy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 am

is they any book for Muslim to replace psalm book? bible is for Christian and Koran for Muslim so it is certainly some kind of book to explain how to use the Koran in magic? anyone got an idea???? Knowing that voodoo come initially from Africa where there is half Muslim population...

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 am

desiree

This is a site about Hoodoo, an African-American Protestant Christian magical practice. Voodoo (or Vodou) is a religion practiced by West Africans and Haitians and others in the Diaspora.

Hoodoo practitioners who are Muslim often use the Koran's verses to pray and work magic. These are books on the recitations of Surahs much like the books on recitation of the Jewish Psalms.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

plex wendy

Unread post by plex wendy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 am

Thank you MaryBee.

Is there anyone on this forum who can recommend a book i can buy from this site?

I already have The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells and Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, but i am still little bit lost because i like to work with the Koran's verses.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am

desiree --

I think what you want is "On the Benefits of Reciting Certain Surahs." I have hosted a copy online at our Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology (YIPPIE) site. The URL is --

The Benefits of the Recitation of Certain Surahs
http://www.yronwode.org/benefits-of-rec ... urahs.html

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode

cherish

Unread post by cherish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello,

I've been reading The Song of Solomon for a few days now and I've decided would like to try it for a love spell.

My question is, are there any specific versus in The Song of Solomon I should avoid reading that may not be suitable for a love spell? Or is it okay to read the entire Song of Solomon?

Thank you!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes you may read the entire Song of Solomon if you wish. However, there are probably certain passages that fit your situation more than others.

This book of the Bible reads like a poem with three different "voices," the man, the woman, and the chorus. The New International Version calls these Lover (man), Beloved (woman), and Friends. The Common English Bible uses Man, Woman, and Daughters of Jerusalem.

The two King James Bibles I have contain headings for the Song of Songs concerning its allegorical interpretation as Christ's love for the church.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

cherish

Unread post by cherish » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Mama Micki wrote:Yes you may read the entire Song of Solomon if you wish. However, there are probably certain passages that fit your situation more than others.
Ok. Would you recommend me to read the two passages Mrs. Cat put online? Or are there others I can add with it?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:23 pm

You can read the verses from the Song of Solomon that suit your case. It has some positive verses and some that speak of loss and desire.Some folks read the entirety of Chapter Four. I like reading the entire book, but that's just me.

BOO-FLS-KJVG
Holy Bible, King James Version, Hardcover, Garnet
$22.00

catherine yronwode

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm

creator27 wrote:I am married to a man that believes that a woman should be in subjection to her husband and gets this from Genesis 3:16-17, and 1 Corinthians 11:3. This is a source of unhappiness to me as I find he tries to control me at times and thinks I'm not a good wife because I am not in subjection to him and I don't respect him. I wanted to know how to reverse the impact of a bible verse. I know that we use psalms to manifest the things we desire, but how do you use a verse to reverse it's impact. I hope this makes some sense.
How about "no weapon formed against you will succeed"? That's Isaiah 45:17 -- not Psalms, but still powerful.
I am working a St. Martha spell to reverse the table on him and dominate him in love and get him to bend to my ways. At the same time I'm working a honey jar to sweeten our relationship with more loving feelings.
That sounds like good work. You could also put a little Cast Off Evil in his grooming supplies, because my conviction is that this kind of "submission" is a misunderstanding of God's will and out of line with the Golden Rule.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
Forum Moderator - Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Roman wrote: "I am looking for a general consensus on how to go about achieving something using Hoodoo techniques."

Well, Roman, unfortunately, hoodoo is not a politcal caucus system, so "consensus" is not going to be achieved. It is an oral (and now a written) system of instruction in African American folk magic. Since most practitioners are Protestant Christians, we use Chrisaisn prayers, especially the Psalms, when setting things to work.

BOO-FLS-KJVD
Holy Bible, King James Version, gold emb. cover. Doré illlus.
$25.00

catherine yronwode

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello all, I have wealthy way oil and am curious as to what prayers and Psalms can be used in order to draw money??

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Psalm 114 is used for all matters of business/money drawing including prosperity and wealth drawing. Good Luck to you.

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Psalm 114 is used for all matters of business/money drawing including prosperity and wealth drawing. Good Luck to you.

Ooooh OK thanks!!

BewitchingBelle

Unread post by BewitchingBelle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

A practical question--

There is an entry in "Secrets of the Psalms" for psalm 72 that suggests writing the psalm and then outing it in a talisman to be worn around the neck.

There are 20 verses in psalm 72. Which means that if your talisman us anything other than a standard sized mojo bag, you're probably going to have to overlap the words on a petition small enough to fit into most lockets . Is there any cautionary advice against doing this with the psalms in particular , historically????

I have considered a few other treatments of the paper , but didn't come up with anything to reduce its mass to a suitable size. Any ideas??

Or does everybody use reduced photocopies for this in the modern world- somewhat like a prayer flag talisman ????

yellowstars

Unread post by yellowstars » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Not sure where to place this, just wanted to share some info I've been researching for others. My apologies to the moderators that will have to find a place to put this for me!

I prefer to use Bible verses/prayers with my work and I've found a few good ones for break up spells/ cursing just wanted to share (I also have to give credit to "Bible Spells" by William Alexander Orbiello for my source. While I don't necessarily follow his "spells" I like to use it as a reference to find verses) If anyone would like more or verses related to other topics feel free to pm me. Like I said, I like looking these up to use with my spell work so I'm finding new ones all the time.

Ezekiel 3:18
When I say unto the wicked, Though shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, the same wicked man shall die in his inequity; but his blood will I require at they head.

Ezekiel 24:10
Heap on wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned.

Psalms 78:31
The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men.

Enjoy! Please feel free to add your own too as I'm always wanting new ones!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Thank you sheena9210! Did you know that AIRR has a web presence dedicated to The Book of Psalms in Folk Magic?

yellowstars

Unread post by yellowstars » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:56 pm

I did not know that! I'm pretty new to the block, I'll be sure to check that out, thanks!

Lightness

Unread post by Lightness » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:14 pm

This might be an odd question, if so I apologize:

I am doing candle work for love on a native English speaking person, but though proficient in English, I am not a native speaker. When doing rootwork and speaking my petition, should I speak in English, so it reaches him, or should I speak my native tongue, so it is more heartfelt?

I realize this might be an odd question :lol: , but these past months I have wondered about this whenever I do rootwork, so I thought I would ask, which is better.

Thank you all for your help.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Lightness --

I would address any spiritual contact, directions, or instructions to HIM in English (Name, you love me and you will speak your love and touch me with love when next we meet").

I would address any prayers to spirits or higher powers in my own language ("Holy Family, i ask that you assist us and let he and i and my child be united in one family, as you, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus, were united in one family, and let our love be as enduring as yours.")

BewitchingBelle

Write very small on thin paper with a fine ink-pen. Use a magnifying glass. This is an ancient tradition of dedicated work. Many have found power through its practice.
catherine yronwode

Lightness

Unread post by Lightness » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank you so much Cat! Just the answer I was looking for, and thank you for this forum and the wealth of information it provides :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Not all scriptural style work need come from direct quotations of the Bible. A famous Baptist exhortation can he found here, and will help you understand this style of prayer:

http://luckymojo.com/will-you-spend-you ... -hell.html

"Will You Spend Your Eternity in Hell?"
by "Black Billy Sunday" -- Reverend Dr. J. Gordon McPherson (c.1870 - 1936)
1931, Paramount 13105 78 rpm,
catherine yronwode

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Now I have been told that some of the Psalms can be used to aid in a working against someone, but do you still pray over your spell the same way you would with any other possitive working? Are certain steps taken diffrently when wanting to cross someone?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:57 pm

ozmalicious --

Yes, if you curse with the Psalms then you pray the imprecatory Psalms.

The complete Book of Psalms is here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
catherine yronwode

kleiw

Unread post by kleiw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 am

Hello!

Over the years of my practise I feel very connected to the moon and I time my spells according to the moon phases. So, whenever I want to "energize"
an oil or ingredient or connect it to a certain person I leave it out under the moon light for three nights while praying using psalms. I know hoodoo oils do not need this kind of ritual and I only have to pray over them. But would it be allright if I did it? :roll:

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

If you find that the moon enhances your work, go ahead. Lucky Mojo products are already prayed over, but your own prayers personalize them to the work that you will be doing.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

kleiw

Unread post by kleiw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you so much Mama Micki!! :)

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Lucky Mojo also offers a full line of Moon Products! I am sure you will love them!

OIL-PLA-MOON
Moon Oil
$7.00

AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

kleiw

Unread post by kleiw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:31 pm

That´s so great Apollo Dark, I didn´t notice this oil before. It´s just for me! Thank you! ;)

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Earlier tonight, I was doing some cleansing/purifying work designed to root out and clear away some emotional ties to some painful past events. Emotional ties that have really kept me bound up in my life. For the past two night, I was simply using Psalm 37 -- my general go-to "anti-evil" verse. However, tonight, I had the idea to use bibliomancy to find a verse, and I ended up with Deuteronomy 1: 1-8.
1 These are the words Moses spoke to all Israel in the wilderness east of the Jordan—that is, in the Arabah—opposite Suph, between Paran and Tophel, Laban, Hazeroth and Dizahab. 2 (It takes eleven days to go from Horeb to Kadesh Barnea by the Mount Seir road.)

3 In the fortieth year, on the first day of the eleventh month, Moses proclaimed to the Israelites all that the Lord had commanded him concerning them. 4 This was after he had defeated Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, and at Edrei had defeated Og king of Bashan, who reigned in Ashtaroth.

5 East of the Jordan in the territory of Moab, Moses began to expound this law, saying:

6 The Lord our God said to us at Horeb, “You have stayed long enough at this mountain. 7 Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates. 8 See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.”
Which is pretty much the general spirit of what I was trying to accomplish - end my tenure in "the desert" so that I can proceed into the "Promised Land" of my future! Ain't it crazy when things just happen that precisely?

Would probably also make a fabulous "road opening" verse!

GirlOnFire

Unread post by GirlOnFire » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 am

So anyone have any helpful tips on how they read their psalms in the tub when doing their spiritual baths? I don't have any of the psalms memorized and I generally keep a print of the psalm I am doing near the bath tub and read it in between every head dousing. The momentum of the bathing would be better if I had it memorized, but that ain't gonna happen. So I always end up struggling with trying to read from a wet piece of a paper. Just wondering if anyone has a better routine rather than peering over the edge of the tub at a wet piece of paper. I've also used used the technique of just praying freely personal prayers while I do the washing and dousing. Then after I am done with the actual bath I recite the needed psalms. I wish someone invented a waterproof psalm book....you know like those floatable books kids have for bath tub play. That would help me out immensely. :lol:

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:58 am

When I attended bible school one of the courses required was called "How to Pray" the first thing taught was how to praise God with words, uplifting songs and speaking in tongues.
Before taking class I prayed by simply asking God for what I wanted or needed and quoting a bible passage without realizing I could've given thanks & appreciation for everything God has done and continues to do.
Read psalms and one can see how David praises God passage after passage. There are also passages where David tells God of the mistakes he has made, he doesn't come as as being smarter than God or by making pompous statements like the bible is "easy" to understand because he's familiar with some of the laws.
There are many powerful verses but here are just a few: Psalm 119 , vs 103 "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
vs 105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
vs 171 "My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes."
David praises God, he is humble before God and he beseeches God. I always felt David was one of God's favorites and its easy to see because of the beautiful songs David wrote to God.
In spite of David's human failings and character flaws, he loved God and God knew this.
Before I pray, I pray a verse applicable to the situation or sometimes I just pray my own prayer beginning with thanking God for what I have, praising him and then I will put forth my petition. Sometimes I just pray for the heck of it, the prayer is for thanking God and nothing else.
Everyone prays different, that's just how I do it.
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 pm

GirlOnFire wrote:So anyone have any helpful tips on how they read their psalms in the tub when doing their spiritual baths? I don't have any of the psalms memorized and I generally keep a print of the psalm I am doing near the bath tub and read it in between every head dousing. The momentum of the bathing would be better if I had it memorized, but that ain't gonna happen. So I always end up struggling with trying to read from a wet piece of a paper. Just wondering if anyone has a better routine rather than peering over the edge of the tub at a wet piece of paper. I've also used used the technique of just praying freely personal prayers while I do the washing and dousing. Then after I am done with the actual bath I recite the needed psalms. I wish someone invented a waterproof psalm book....you know like those floatable books kids have for bath tub play. That would help me out immensely. :lol:
Get some plastic paper protectors at any store that sells office supplies.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm

One word: Laminate.
catherine yronwode

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 pm

kleiw wrote:That´s so great Apollo Dark, I didn´t notice this oil before. It´s just for me! Thank you! ;)
You are most welcome! I am glad to be of help. There is a lot that Lucky Mojo has, and sometimes its hard to know what exactly is best or what you really want. That's why we are here! To help you find these products that are exactly what you need.

Lucky Mojo has a full line of Planetary and Zodiac themed products. Something anyone who works by the signs or the stars should have in their Conjure Collection.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Honestly, I'll usually just take my Bible directly into the bathtub with me, read from it, and then set it to the side where it won't get wet.

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:23 am

I was able to order some LM Follow Me Girl oil on Ebay and I decided to read up on it. Lucky Mojo's page for FMG suggests using Psalm 23.

However, if I was going to use FMG for a reconciliation case, would it be better if I used Psalm 32? Or should I stick with the formula and go with Psalm 23 still?

Thanks for your help!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”