Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 am

Both would work in that case. Which one feels more appropriate to you? I like that you are thinking and juxtaposing these Psalms. I will say that when something is listed here as a traditional working it has a track record of proven results. You may want to do it as written and see where it gets you. If you find that there is no movement switch over and try Psalm 32.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 am

Thank you for your input, Joseph. As to what feels more appropriate, I suppose Psalm 32 is calling out to me more. However, you do make a great point in that Psalm 23 is traditional and therefore has a track record of success.

I guess my concern was that the method listed was to just make a woman follow you. However, my case is not so simple as it is also a reconciliation case, which was why I was thinking of using a Psalm that was suited for reconciliation.

I have been using Psalm 23 in the past three weeks with no movement, although I haven't gotten my hands on my Lucky Mojo products yet. Hopefully when I get my FMG oil (as well as Lavender bath crystals) my luck will change :) If not, then I will indeed switch to Psalm 32.

Thank you very much!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 am

You're welcome and best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Vestapol

Unread post by Vestapol » Sun May 12, 2013 10:08 pm

This may be helpful...that's my hope anyway...that we are developing a science base for the core strategies of Hoodoo (like conscious use of intuition) and for some specific practices. And things are lookin good for both intuition in general and distance-intentionality (such as prayer) in particular. One scientist who's compiling information is Dean Radin.

Cheers,

Doug

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for the pointer to Dean Radin's thoughts. I took your links off the page, however, as this is a Forum for folks who want to learn how to practice hoodoo and who purchase Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies.Thanks for understanding.
catherine yronwode

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Mon May 13, 2013 6:13 am

Just to update on my situation, Psalm 32 seems to have worked quite well! She was in a very unforgiving mood for about a month and after a week of praying it, my target seems to have softened a bit and been more open.

I got my bottle of LM's Follow Me Girl last week so I switched back to Psalm 23 (and that has been working quite well for me as well, she seems to be wanting to spend more time with me now -- not a lot, but still noticeably more than before). I bought a bottle of LM Reconciliation Oil and Love Me Oil from Ebay, which hopefully will arrive next week.

So my next plan of action is to alternate a week of Psalm 32+Reconciliation+Love me and Psalm 23+Follow Me Girl+Love Me then back again. Keeping my fingers crossed!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks for the news and do keep leaving updates AnnaS as your experience will no doubt help many others in similar situations!
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 am

Thank you, aura! I do hope they help others too! And here's hoping that in the near future I can write about complete success in the testimonials section!

EDIT: Actually, maybe I will go ahead and post testimonials of my progress already so people can follow it there and see it (hopefully) lead to my success. I know the mods like to keep the forums neat so perhaps you can delete my post here and I'll make my own post in the testimonials section where I can talk about the progress I'm getting with the products :)

I'm also changing my username to something that is a bit farther from my actual name because I've been writing a lot of details and I'm getting paranoid someone will find my posts and it'll get me in trouble! :lol:

SilverDaniels

Unread post by SilverDaniels » Mon May 13, 2013 11:37 am

This is an interesting question to me, and the answers have been very illuminating. I was raised Wiccan, and feel very close to the Goddess. So, my prayers are offered up to Her whenever I have a need. I was also raised to know the Holy Trinity as the Mother, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. Although we are Wiccan, my Mom has always encouraged us to explore other religions, and faiths in order to have a well-rounded spiritual education. She herself was originally raised in the Baptist Church.

I've often felt a little confused and sometimes discouraged because although I've read on here that "there's nothing wrong with praying from your own tradition" (ie. Islam, Catholic, Protestant, etc.), there's also posts that are very clear on the fact that Hoodoo is NOT Wicca. I've also read through LM sites, how Hoodoo is a folk magic system that isn't exclusively attached to any particular religion, despite that most of the practitioners are Prostestant Christians.

The more I read through the threads/posts of this nature, the more I'm beginning to see (and, please enlighten me if I'm misguided in this) that because Hoodoo is a "non-denominational" system of folk magic, the techniques therein can be used by followers of any faith; that the prayers used can come from that person's current faith because that's where their connection with Spirit or Deity is based; and that the distinctions that have been discussed in this forum between Hoodoo and Wicca are about Wicca as "magical system" (ie. charging, circle casting, visualization, etc) and not Wicca as a "faith/religion", because the two are not the same. I even know a few Wiccans that don't practice magic or spells (at least in the way that spells and magic are typically described), but keep themselves engulfed in prayer.

I've always considered Wicca to be my home, and Hoodoo to be my kitchen, because it's where I cook stuff up. Lol :)

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the herbal lore, and techniques of Hoodoo spell work. I love rolling my candles in crushed herbs, feeding my JTC root, and the precision and accuracy of my magical results when I include a name/petition paper. All of these techniques make feel even closer and intimate with the energy of my spellwork. So, is it a problem that I do all this in the name of the Goddess?
Happy Conjuring ^_^

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm

AnnieB, if you change your username, make sure it is something positive and in line with your goals.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Naught1usMax1mus

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 am

I am an HRCC student, and I have just recently begun performing spells, blessings and mojos etc for clients, friends, etc. even while learning (and they all know this). Most recently I have had very good success in my work, and am gaining confidence that I am gifted for it at least in some way.

Today, however was interesting. I have been trying to get hired in a new job position, and in fact they are going to hire me, but the pre-hire process has had little frustrating stumbling blocks for the past two weeks through which I have had to persevere. Finally last night I anointed myself with LM Crown of Success oil to my head, and LM Master Key to my third eye and over my heart, praying not only that the obstacles be removed finally, but that the road be opened to my abilities and that I may be able to help others better. I also dressed my hands wtih LM Bend Over oil when I met with the folks who were processing the last obstacle, asking that it be solved quickly.

Anyway, this afternoon my partner and I were driving through Burbank CA to go to dinner. We like driving through the Rancho Equestrian neighborhood, since it is a very 'horsey' area smack in the downtown hustle and bustle (and is unique in L.A. for that reason).

We had been earlier discussing Hoodoo (she knows about and uses LM products though she is not a student) and other religious traditions, including Santeria, etc., and had been talking about the orisha Chango. I'm sure you can guess what happened next -- through our entire drive through the Rancho, we hit EVERY SINGLE green light. This has never happened to me before. This is on a main arterial that is very busy. While we were within the confines of the equestrian neighborhood, we truly had the 'road open' for us, while we were in the 'horsey' neighborhood. The minute we were out of the Rancho, we started hitting reds again.

We both remarked on how weird this was, and I mentioned my workings. We feel Chango was listening to me as far as the road opening, even though I was not praying to him specifically. This was a very literal response to what I had prayed, but it was not the direct response to my situation for the work.

I've had other work go this way recently, too -- I've prayed and done the work, and it has given results, though not 100% directly in the manner for which I prayed, and sometimes a very tangential, such as the above.

I feel that I am successful in my work, but would like to fine-tune what I do to get at least a little more specific direction in my work. I take all my success in stride and with interest. I'd just like to know what I can do to help myself grow more focused. I of course know that experience is #1 and to just keep at it. Just wanted to know how I can work better for clients so the results will focus on the issue at hand.

Thank you to all for any help.

Mary Thomson
HRCC #1398

j82

Unread post by j82 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:39 am

Naught1usMax1mus / Mary,

Congrats on the successful work, however I'm not really sure what you are asking in this post, as the title does not seem to go with the content.

I can't say if this is a god answering your prayer as I only believe in one God, the Christian and Jewish God. That being said, if you prayed to open roads and all the roads that day were open, i'd take that as a sign that the work is going well and will be successful.

As for focusing and prayer, pray for what you want and need, be specific, and use Bible versus that correspond with your work and request.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:33 am

Naught1usMax1mus / Mary,

It seems to me that you are asking for an opinion about omens and signs while also asking about focussing your prayers. These are two different topics.

First, as for the omens, i would recommend that to begin you read this general information page on signs and omens from AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers:

AIRR: Interpretations of Dreams, Signs, and Omens
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _and_Omens

Next, check out the long Forum thread on Signs, here:

Signs / Movement / Completion of Spells: Questions & Answers
signs-movement-completion-of-spells-questions-&-answers-t6436.html

Now, specifically, with regard to the event you describe, you are working with the African and African Diasporic orisha Chango, also known as Shango, who is a prominent entity in the religion of Lukumi /Sanetria. Here is an AIRR information page on this spiritual entity:

Shango
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Shango

Like most religions, Santeria / Lukumi ascribes certain material correlates to deities, including colours, dates, numbers, minerals, herbs, animals, scents, occupations, locations, and objects seen in daily human life. In the case of Chango, i believe i know a few of these things (his colours are red and white, his metal is iron), but as i am an eclectic Spiritualist and New Thought practitioner with Jewish and Christian training, i really cannot interpret your cryptic references to a "horsey" district with respect to this entity from outside my religious practice. All i can say is that in my experience in African American hoodoo, as well as in Jewish and European folk magic, it is indeed common to take events such as you describe as evidence of an open road. Perhaps you would achieve greater insight into the workings of Chango if you were to consult with a priest of your religion.

Second, with respect to learning better how to engage the magical acts of focus and prayer, well, that's where i can give you some hoodoo advice.

When i was younger and staring on the path of magic, i personally found that writing down my intentions or petitions, selecting the "ingredients" i would need to perform a job of work (roots, minerals, herbs, scented oils, bath products, incense, candles, etc.), choosing which scriptural material i would recite, determining a time of day and day of week to do the work, and even assembling an appropriately coloured outfit and jewelry to wear, had a centering effect on my mind, which allowed me to take all those extraneous items off of my mental blackboard and fill the entire slate of my mind with WILL POWER.

In particular, having all of my materials to hand before i started, wearing carefully selected clothing, working only by natural light, lamp light, or candle light, and engaging in recital of the Psalms helped me focus and pray in a way that no other form of magical work ever did.

As i grew more experienced, and especially as i learned better how to compose impromptu and improvised prayers and commands, and as the choices of herbs, roots,minerals, colours, days of the week, and times of the day became ingrained or second nature to me, i relied less on pre-designing my works. I could hold all of the information in my head. I still recite Psalms, however (and have some of them memorized, from long use).

I personally also make use of the 19th century African American hoodoo doctor and sex magician Paschal Beverly Randolph's techniques of Volantia, Decretism, and Posism. Here are links to this material:

The techniques are described with respect to sex magic on my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" Love Spells web page

Love Spells
http://luckymojo.com/lovespells.html

-- and on my "Sacred Sex" site's brief biographical page about Paschal Beverly Randolph:

Paschal Beverly Randolph
http://luckymojo.com/tkpbrandolph.html

Also, as a student of mine, you can read more about these techniques, with respect to doll-babies, in your Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course book, on pages 377- 378.

I am merging this thread into the longer topic about focus and prayer, since (Chango aside) i think that is the gist of your question.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Naught1usMax1mus

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:26 am

It is, and thank you so much, Miss Cat. I only made the connection with Chango almost parenthetically, as my experience with practitioners indicated to me that horses figured prominently with him. I am truly more interested In the prayer, centering and focusing aspects, just as you say. I will center and quiet my mind more in the future, and see how those outcomes go. I have been mixing Master Key oil into an unscented body lotion and working upward, while meditating on focusing my prayers. I am beginning to associate the wonderful scent with this, and I feel very positive. I will keep working and studying, of course! Thank you again for your insight.

Mary Thomson
#1398 HRCC

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 am

Naught1usMax1mus / Mary,

You have hit on one of the most important cues used by practitioners in this work -- the use of a specific fragrance or scent to attune the mind to a certain level of attentiveness or a certain type of work. This is one of the more powerful self-induction cues known to magic, and is used both in hoodoo and in European ceremonial folk magic -- as well as in numerous religious traditions, including Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and Neo-Paganism.

It is not for nothing that God gave Moses a specific recipe for fragrant anointing oil in the Book of Exodus; that blended scent is the fragrance that attunes one to Jehovah. Likewise among the Mayans of Guatemala, the scent of Copal Negro resin incense is linked directly to the pantheon of Mayan deities.

As practitioners of magic, we can also ally our own personal work to specific scents. Repeated use of scents will actually create neural pathways in the brain, linking the fragrances to memories and to associated images, emotions, and melodies.

For instance, many people employ blended floral scents for love work. Likewise, it is common to use unpleasant-smelling scents when cursing. We may take these ideas for granted, and few household practitioners actually think much about them, but they bear contemplative examination by magicians who wish to understand both the theory and the practice of the work.
catherine yronwode

firsthelix

Unread post by firsthelix » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 am

Hi,

I would like to learn more about the proper way how spells are verbally (or non-verbally) executed. Is there a difference between all the different spell kinds, like candle spells, picture box spells, working with spirits, in how you say your petition or wish? I have seen people "pray" just by verbalising the wish without intensity but I am not sure if this is how it is supposed to be. Or does it have to be carried out emotionally? I know that intent is a crucial part of how effective the spell will be. But how exactly do you verbalize or visualize intent successfully?

Any insight into a promising procedure of the verbal, non-verbal and visual spell execution is appreciated!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 am

This is a great question! And while I cannot give you a step by step procedure I can definitely tell you that emotional intensity, cadence, pitch and rhythm do matter when it comes to casting. If "praying from the heart" is too vague for you I recommend that you look up youtube videos of preachers to get a sense of what you want to bring to the verbal component. I particularly love Rev. Joe Hughes.
Hope this helps!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

firsthelix

Unread post by firsthelix » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 am

Miss Bri,

Thanks for the input! So, do you mean repeating the spell verbally over the praying time or just once, in the beginning? What about the tone? Does it matter if it's a love spell (and say it softly) or a lust/sex spell (and say it seductive) or a control spell (and say it commanding)?

Do you close your eyes and vizualize the outcome or do you focus the candle flame?

Thanks for some more insights!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 am

I think in order to best answer your question I need to understand what you mean by "spell." Ae you talking about specific words that you are instructed to say for the magical working? Tone does matter-you want to emotionally convey whatever it is you are working on. If you are cursing someone you best be REALLY cursing them. If you are working to draw a lover it needs to be all sexy, sexy up in there-you know what I mean? I pray with my eyes closed-always have, you have to do what works for you with respect to that.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:41 am

In the hoodoo tradition, we usually do not say rhymed chants (as found in the European Pagan traditions), but we may speak from our heart or recite portions of scripture. The Book of Psalms is the most-often quoted section of the Bible in conjure, but other portions are utilized as well, for specific conditions.

BOO-FLS-KJVD
Holy Bible, King James Version, gold emb. cover. Doré illlus.
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

This question of "what to say while performing rootwork" has been discussed a number of times before, so i am merging your query into the longer thread. Please read this thread from the beginning (it's LONG and it contains valuable LINKS to other sources) and then if you reply to Miss Bri's question, we will try to make the most cogent reply.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

firsthelix

Unread post by firsthelix » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:36 am

Miss Bri and Cat,

Thanks for the insights so far, and that makes sense! So, when you pray over a honey jar, a picture box or a fixed candle for 10-15 minutes each time, would you keep repeating the petition/intent verbally for that time or just once, when you start praying and then visualize the desired outcome for the time of praying? And how would that ritual be if working with spirits?

Thanks for your advice!

Vestapol

Unread post by Vestapol » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Yes, this is a very helpful thread. I'm realizing how vengeful Hoodoo can be (and discovering how cruel some of the Psalms are).

The vengeful component of Hoodoo frightens people. So I'm creating my Hoodoo practice with the values I endorse. I'd be interested to hear from Hoodoo practitioners who forgive and love their enemies, or who focus on healing spells, chants, prayers, rituals for people who have been hurtful.

Cheers,

Vestapol

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Vestapol,

I am not opposed to cursing (even DUME) per se, but think it should be reserved for more extreme situations. Too many people want to spend their time cursing people when they should be working on making their own lives better. I've seen people on this Forum wanting to curse ex-lovers with terrible diseases just for breaking up with them, instead of moving on.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 pm

firsthelix,

When i pray over a job of work, i may start with a recitation of scripture, or a piece of it, but i them move to expressive prayer of the tuned, whooping, cadenced sort generally heard in Black Baptist churches. The opening is similar to what the preacher says when he opens with,"My text tonight is from the ...." or the "Thank you, Lord" portion of the Deacon's Prayer, and what follows builds in the natural repetitive way of such prayers to an level of intensity and focus, either in exhortational sermon style or moving to the "Now, Lord" portion of the Deacon's Prayer, and then closes with an "Amen." Not everyone can do this with fluency, of course, but practice improves one's ability.

Here is two examples of what i am talking about

This first sample is the old standard Deacon's Prayer, delivered in unaffected and intense style, punctuated by table rapping. Portions of the Deacon's Prayer are set-pieces and portions are always improvised to suit the situation. Notice the "Thank you, Lord" opening, the longer "Now, Lord" mid-section, and the dropped voice for the closing "Amen."

A Prayer By An Old Skool Deacon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9LtC7Zkzbo

In this next sample, a preacher presents an exhortation on the topic of delivering people from the captivity of witchcraft, demons, and mental illness. He begins with a reference to the Book of Samuel, moves to evidences of public schizophrenia-like or alcoholic behaviour, as a form of captivity to demons, moves to the account of Jesus delivering a man from demonic possession, and exhorts his congregation to call upon Jesus for deliverance from their own captivity. This text could easily be adapted to seek the release of a loved one from a curse, from drug addition, or from mental illness,"Now! Now! Now!":

Rev. FD Sampson Preaching-1993 Preaching at Pleasant Hill baptist Church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffyliqyu_iU

If working with spirits, simply address them by name, repeatedly, as you would when calling upon your deity.

===========================

Vestapol,

It doesn't matter if "hoodoo frightens people." Hoodoo is the folk-magic of a culture of people who owe nothing to you and among whom you walk as a guest. Respect is the proper attitude for a guest. Criticism is not.

There are many conjure workers whose focus is on healing, spiritual uplift, and spells of comfort. But their RELIGION is not of central import to their personal capacity for vengeance or for forgiveness -- and this thread is about RELIGION. There are quiet and contemplative people in every religion and also people capable of striking boldly for justice in every religion.
catherine yronwode

firsthelix

Unread post by firsthelix » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 am

Cat,

I appreciate your input and to learn more about the nature of hoodoo and the African-American spiritual culture. Anyway, as I am from Europe, we are not exposed or used to this kind of intense gospel-like prayers since our religious culture still is the more orthodox form of Christianity in which we would express prayers more intimately and calmly.

For the practice of hoodoo magic spells, I guess, I would eventually have to find my own way of praying in order to deeply and effectively express my real intent. The posts of you and Miss Bri will help me to shape that form!

Thanks again!

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 am

Hi,
This subject may have been written somewhere but I can't seem to find the info.
Can someone tell me how to do a prayer over a candle before lighting it up? It is mentioned in several posts that I've read and I want to know how to apply it to my candle ritual. Thanks

ProphetAvery

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:00 am

Hi MoonSunStar,

There are many ways to prepare/pray over a candle before beginning. I usually start by dressing/loading it, praying a sincere prayer from the heart based upon whatever i'm trying to draw in at the time and then light it. Some people like to "knock" on the candle before lighting. Whether that means knocking on the top of the candle with your hand for a number of times (usually an odd number) or tapping the actual candle on the altar. Lucky Mojo vigil candles come dressed, prayed upon and include a prayer with it also.

HITAP Page On Candle Magic:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Here's a Link to AIRR Page on Using Psalms
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

Lumos de Fortuno

Unread post by Lumos de Fortuno » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Some people really do decide not to hire people because of their weight, so I wrote this spell. I'm planning to use it during the full moon so I've got two weeks to prepare and I'd love any suggestions on it.

"By winter moon
and fairy tune
I call to bind
their hearts and minds
my weight no sin
this job I win.

So mote it be."

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 pm

That sounds pretty, but you could also light a candle with Steady Work Oil and Attraction Oil to attract that job AND the admiration and respect from those doing the hiring. You know ... work it from more than 1 angle. Good luck on the job hunt! ;)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Lumos de Fortuno,

This forum is about hoodoo, and the prayers we use are generally free-spoken or Biblical.

Rhymed spells come from northern European traditions (German and British, for instance), and have not really been part of hoodoo, which is African American folk-magic. We cannot advise you on this and have no intention to create sections of this forum about European folk magic or its religious corollaries, Heathenism, Paganism, or New Age traditions. For that reason your question has been moved into the prayers section of the forum, where we can. should you wish, advise you on prayers in the Christian tradition.

Your post had to be edited, because in your bad temper, you used profane language against your parents, and it is forbidden by forum policy to speak thus against any person, nation, or religion.

I suggest that you look at your own attitude, and i mean this with sincere goodwill, because i believe that the "f-them" and "life-is-s" attitude (which i removed from your post) that you are carrying is a far greater impediment to your being hired for a job than your weight will ever be. You are broadcasting disrespect for elders and loathing for life on all wavelengths, and employers will pick that up and turn you away, i can assure you.

Try Psalms 23 -- and try really feeling it.
catherine yronwode

tainapr

Unread post by tainapr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 pm

I have a question, I have always have had psychic dreams since I was little. The earliest I discovered that my dreams where psychic was when I was 10. I saw my brother's godfather killed and I told my mom, and two weeks later he was killed the same way I described it. About a year o so ago, I moved to Puerto Rico and was attending a spiritual gathering. The people their asked me to join them in what they called the "mesa blanca" and the President of the Misa Espiritual started to call me frequently. He wanted me to go through some initiation process call 21 pañueles, but I felt a bad vibe and decided that it was not for me.

I have good spirit guides and one night shortly after having a conversation with that man, as I was sleeping, I could feel one of my spirit guides and I could feel that I was about to go into a trans, so I tried calling out to my husband to help me. My husband woke up to my noises, and he tried helping me by getting me to wakeup. Ever since that night, I am not able to remember any of my dreams. I might remember a face, but I can't remember what exactly I'm dreaming. I know I dream, because my husband says he can hear me talk but I don't remember what I'm dreaming about. My mom would could to my dreams very clear and I can't see her now. Is there something I can do for this?

What can I do to get my vision back?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Good Evening tainapr ,
I have an idea of why this happened.
So, cleanse yourself with a 13 day bath. www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html
Then, get yourself Psychic Vision products as well as spirit guide products.
www.luckymojo.com/psychicvision.html
www.luckymojo.com/spiritguide.html
Since you lost your power after the Misa Espiritual, I would highly suggest that you find prayers that are appropriate for you on this page:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
I hope this helps (I think it will).
Good luck to you and take care of yourself

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:21 am

GirlOnFire wrote:So anyone have any helpful tips on how they read their psalms in the tub when doing their spiritual baths? I don't have any of the psalms memorized and I generally keep a print of the psalm I am doing near the bath tub and read it in between every head dousing. The momentum of the bathing would be better if I had it memorized, but that ain't gonna happen. So I always end up struggling with trying to read from a wet piece of a paper. Just wondering if anyone has a better routine ...
I agree with Miss Cat:
catherineyronwode wrote:One word: Laminate.
...and the other moderator who recommended plastic sheet protectors.

One more wrinkle: Get a suction-cup hook -- just google that phrase, you'll find an endless variety for cheap -- and stick it to your bathroom wall or shower door, so that you can hang your laminated psalm within easy view.
I've also used used the technique of just praying freely personal prayers while I do the washing and dousing. Then after I am done with the actual bath I recite the needed psalms.
Those are both good ways to work.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi
I would like to know if I can pray The Bible in my language? Am I going to get the same result or effective as pray in English??
Thank you

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 am

Lovemagic wrote:Hi
I would like to know if I can pray The Bible in my language? Am I going to get the same result or effective as pray in English??
Thank you
Yes, of course! Don't hesitate to pray with the Bible in your native language.

Miss Michaele

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 am

Lovemagic,

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was written in Greek, and the Bible has been translated into virtually every language.

Feel free to read the Bible in your own language.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Mama Micki wrote:The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and the New Testament was written in Greek, and the Bible has been translated into virtually every language. Feel free to read the Bible in your own language.
Excellent, Mama Micki -- I don't know why I didn't think of that :)

Miss Michaele

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Thank you so much MissMichaele & Mama Micki for your responded. I think I have to get holy bible in my language soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

QueenofHeartsK

Unread post by QueenofHeartsK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 pm

This isn't a question, it's mostly a statement. I see a lot of psalms when it comes to spell casting in hoodoo specifically protection and forgiveness. I personally love to use the Lord's Prayer. Something about it seems so right to me and maybe that's because I can let the words flow from my mouth and having a good flow during spell casting makes me feel confident in my work. I know The Lord's Prayer by heart. I know half of the 23rd psalms by heart but have to look or read off of something. I find that usually breaks my focus and that gives way for doubt. I don't know how traditional but I have read many time that confidence, focus and energy are a big part in your work. I Just wanted to share
To learn is to live.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello, QueenofHeartsK ,
If your soul feels good, than do it!
That is spirit leading you!
Good for you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Missionary Independent Spiritual Church is proud to announce the publication of :Hoodoo Bible Magicc: Sacred Secrets of Scriptural Sorcery" by Miss Michaele and Professor Charles Porterfield.

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo-bible-magic.html
catherine yronwode

Nony65

Unread post by Nony65 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:33 am

Hi, is it important to use Psalms when doing your baths/washes? I have looked up a chosen Psalm for my 'condition' and there's no way I will be able to remember it! But I have heard that using Psalms when also using LM baths and washes can be very effective!

Has anyone just said something similar with heartfelt intentions?

Thanks

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:48 am

Saying something heartfelt works wonders, Nony.

AIRR member Lukianos has a wonderful trick: write the psalm out on paper in a non-permanent ink, then add it to the bath water.

The ink will dissolve your psalm into the water with you!

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 am

Another tip shared by Miss Michaele is to laminate a sheet with the psalm printed out on it and bring that with you to read from while you bathe.

j82

Unread post by j82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm

I tape them up on the bathroom wall while doing it that helps me remember and focus..I also take it with me and read it a lot for a few days prior to the bath because it makes me familiar with the reading which helps with saying it right and not blotching. Try and read it and personalize the words to your life and feel it then read it from that aspect.. follow it with your petition.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Nony65, once you have selected your psalm, you might want to read it aloud while preparing the bath. Then you can recite or paraphrase the most essential verses while actually bathing.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

thatgirl

Unread post by thatgirl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:58 pm

You can also use clear sheet protectors or letter sleeves. The ones I use have holes so the pages can be stored in 3 ring binders. Safe from spills and splashes. :-) The other option depending on your bathing method is an app. But you still have to be careful with the water, of course.

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 am

Oh, wow, deaconmillet, that is a great trick! I'm going to start using that too.

Thanks for sharing it!

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm

I normally read it over the bathwater as im preparing it then bathe/pour

Nony65

Unread post by Nony65 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:06 am

Thanks everyone! I have yet to carry out these baths, I know I need to do it soon though for the ritual work, brilliant ideas though!

BlakPrincessUK

Unread post by BlakPrincessUK » Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

I downloaded the appropriate psalms and placed them in clear plastic sheet coverings, then taped it to the shower wall for easy access. It worked a treat.!!

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello all! Is there a Psalm that would work great with Follow Me Boy products? Ya know, like to really get them to chase you or become enchanted with you and not just in a sexual way?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:10 am

For love work, I always advise reading the entire Song of Songs (Song of Solomon). You can then select the passages that best suit your situation.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:51 am

Mama Micki wrote:For love work, I always advise reading the entire Song of Songs (Song of Solomon). You can then select the passages that best suit your situation.

Thanks Mama Micki... Can you tell me which passage you think may be best for him to really chase after me? I'm so confused on which one.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 am

The best passage will differ from person to person TheBestest, that's why Mama Micki is suggesting that you read through the entire set of passages and choose. Underline what you consider relevant or what really speaks to your situation as you go along. This should yield some specifics for you to choose from.

One choice for such work would be the following: ''You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much better is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your oils than any spice!''

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm

aura,

Ok thanks. I've seen that one and it doesnt feel like it suits my situation. It seems more like for a man trying to get a womans love. I'll keep looking.

Thank you again :-)

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Bestest,

But that's the whole point of Follow Me Boy products, which you said you wanted to use with scripture. "Enchanted, and not in just a sexual way," you said.

Anyhow, you could work a doll baby or photograph with this verse. Every little girl who ever had a dollie has talked for it, am I right? And how easy it is to write that verse in a speech-balloon on a printout of a photograph.

In other words: you could put those words, or similar, in his mouth -- and in his heart!

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Ooooh ok, I guess I misunderstood. Thank you so kuch and I apologize if I came off snippy.

ProfessorPorterfield

Unread post by ProfessorPorterfield » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 pm

TheBestest wrote:Hello all! Is there a Psalm that would work great with Follow Me Boy products? Ya know, like to really get them to chase you or become enchanted with you and not just in a sexual way?
TheBestest,

Might I suggest the following to you for your use:

Psalm 45:11
"So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him"

John 10:27
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Psalm 18:19
"He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me."

(as above also)
2 Samuel 22:20
"He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me."

I think all these would work well for you in the manner you have asked about above.

Yours,
Prof. Porterfield
The Now You Know Show with Professor Porterfield

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 am

TheBestest wrote:Hello all! Is there a Psalm that would work great with Follow Me Boy products? Ya know, like to really get them to chase you or become enchanted with you and not just in a sexual way?
TheBestest,

Might I suggest the following to you for your use:

Psalm 45:11
"So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him"

John 10:27
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Psalm 18:19
"He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me."

(as above also)
2 Samuel 22:20
"He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me."

I think all these would work well for you in the manner you have asked about above.

Yours,
Prof. Porterfield[/quote]

Ok thanks much, I will try these psalms as well! Thanks :-)

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”