Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Rootwork_1987
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by Rootwork_1987 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Marking this to read again later!! So many good things here!

Reason: This post not relevant
Thank you Saint Martha for all the support and protection!

Rootwork_1987

Unread post by Rootwork_1987 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 am

Hello everyone!

I am curious in knowing what you guys think it' s more effective: To take time preparing for a Novena, or start it at the spur of the moment.
Thank you Saint Martha for all the support and protection!

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 am

Hello Rootwork_1987,

I think it's more about the passion, heart and meaning behind the prayer that makes it powerful, whether the novena is planned out or done at the spur of the moment.

Be well.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm

I have been having a rough time this week. I won't go into the details here, but it's involved accidentally swallowing 13 Herb Bath, finding poisonous spiders in the garage, some basic medication mistakes that are not normal for me, and what I'd describe as a total emotional meltdown--a dressed letter that I sent seems to have not worked or my "target" is now involved with someone else or something. Same day. Gutted me. It's possible I misinterpreted that, and I have a reading scheduled soon and another light set for me. It does seem like a very weird set of coincidences, since I am normally a very careful person.

Anyway, it's been nearly impossible for me to stay positive and keep moving, but I do so anyway, on the theory that this alone indicates faith, even when I feel despair. I've also been turning to the Bible and reading passages at random. Today I was feeling terrible, opened the book at random before I began, and what I got was Psalm 81. I looked at the page on AIRR and there wasn't much on that, so I'd like to know what Psalm 81 is for and what message if any it might be sending me.
HRCC Student #0471
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:49 am

Hello, Honeybeelight,

I am sorry but we do not interpret Bible passages on this forum

The focus of this forum is to help Lucky Mojo clients with their Lucky Mojo products

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Honeybeelight. I would suggest clarity and meditation for you. Seems like you have a lot going on! Keep up the 13 herb baths and get some clarity oil to have clarity into those things that you wish to know. Take some deep breaths and calm down. All will be well. Take each day in stride giving no worries to the prior as it will only add to your frustrations. Stay positive. Read Psalms 46 1:2 and Matthew 11: 28-30. Blessings to you.

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-clarity.html

Here are some other herbs to help you bring some tranquility, happiness and calm your mind.

http://www.herbmagic.com/sumac-berries.html

http://www.herbmagic.com/rosemary.html

http://www.herbmagic.com/basil.html
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Thank you so much, Priestess Divine! I seem to be allergic to 13-Herb, but I'll ask my rootworker for a good substitute. Meanwhile, I have rosemary and basil growing in my own backyard and Clarity oil. I will read those verses and passages, too. That is exactly what I wanted to know :)
HRCC Student #0471
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:07 am

May I get suggestions on most common verses used for petitions for:
1. Job getting, money, success prosperity
2. Rental apartment
3. Health and blessing
4. Protection

Thank you so much!

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 am

Moonlightdream -

This page on AIRR lists the psalms and uses.
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms

Skimming the page maybe the following will help:

1. Psalm 114

2. When in doubt - Psalm 23 "The lord is my shepherd I shall not want" - i.e., you have/will get what you need.

3. Psalms 106 / 142 / 32 / 62

4. Too many to list - the page has over 25 instances of protection in different situations/conditions. Psalms 91 is a well-known protection Psalm. Also - see my second answer.

Hope this helps!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 am

Thank you RevJames! Bless you :D

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Up until now I've been using the AIRR website for psalms, though ordered the Anna Riva book which has different wording, and a small book that soley is composed of psalms for easy access when I'm out and about which ALSO has different wording. I know it's all about translation and such, but will the psalms all still provide me with the same powers regardless of their wording?
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession
To all else listen to the mods!
Student #2164

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Hey Shutter -

I've read a lot of various Psalm translations as well and find they all work well as long as you pray with faith and its the correct psalm for that purpose, some bibles like the douay-rheims verison seems to have different psalms in a few places.
I personally like the "thee", "thy", "thou"'s so I stick with and always fall back to KJV usually rather than more "modern" translations (for some reason its easier for me to memorize!). Others may have more input so wait to see what they have to say!

Though pray with faith and you should be ok. Good luck!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 am

That's what I figured, but doesn't hurt to ask! Thanks!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession
To all else listen to the mods!
Student #2164

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am

Great advice from RevJames!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

selenitepower

Unread post by selenitepower » Sat May 05, 2018 4:37 am

I am new to the forum and candle magick.

I have been trying to attract a loving relationship through affirmations and sometimes it has worked but the guys that become interested don't usually take the relationship far and are just happy to flirt and talk to me.

I have started to write a petition with the qualities I am looking for in a partner and relationship.

I will share some of the lines from it to see if the way I am writing is correct?

I am in a loving steady relationship with a handsome man. I am pursued for a relationship by my boyfriend. I have an amazing sex life with my boyfriend.

Do I write the petition this way? I basically desire to draw someone I am mutually attracted to, he pursues me for a relationship and for me the sexual aspect of the relationship has to be fulfilling for me. I desire someone loyal, caring, loving and a private type of man that will be my emotional support. How do I put this in the petition?

I will be using pink and red candles, I will write my petition on parchment paper and place underneath the candles. I will try to keep the candles lit as much as I can but I go to work so I cant leave them burning in the house all day.

Please can someone advise me which Psalm would be good for me to recite too and oils to use. If someone has had any success please share with me. I am only looking for new love as I am not interested in trying to influence someone/an ex or anything like that. I only desire someone to enter my life that is good for me and has the qualities I desire.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 am

Hello, selenitepower --

The grammatical form in which you are writing the petition -- "I am in a loving steady relationship with a handsome man" -- as an accomplished fact, is definitely popular in some circles and recommended by some teachers.

It is not my way. I was taught to write, and find it more to my personal style, to write commands: May the loving steady handsome man i desire come to me swiftly, ardently, and in full clarity and may we have sex and marry and live the rest of our lives together, Amen!" I am a Taurus, so marriage is always the end-point of my love-plans. Your mileage may vary.

I would not put in the part about being "pursued for a relationship by my boyfriend" because you earlier secified "a handsome man" and now it sounds like you want both a a steady man and a pursuing boyfriend, which is a stuation that i personally would find awkward. Of course, if you do want two, then state it as such.

As for a Psalm, i like Psalms 45 for mating.

Good luck to you!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Dr. Jeremy Weiss
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr. Jeremy Weiss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm

I have been reading these two books --" Shimmush Tehillim" (the old Jewish folk magic classic) and Anna Riva's "Powers of the Psalms." I do not (yet) have a copy of Godfrey Selig's "Secrets of the Psalms."

The thing is, their use of Psalms is VERY different.

I am wondering about the accuracy of Riva's book.

Thoughts?
Readings and Rootwork at Hoodoo Psychics

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Anna Riva is not an accurate source on Jewish folk magic. "Secrets of the Psalms" is an ancient book, and all editions since the 19th century have been literal copies in English of the Gottfried Seelig / Godfrey Selig German translation from the Hebrew. This is the one that entered hoodoo and became a deep part of African American Christian practice.
catherine yronwode

Dr. Jeremy Weiss
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr. Jeremy Weiss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Yeah, Anna Riva's uses of Psalms have nothing to do with what Shimmush Tehillim says -- which is way older. Plus her translations of the Psalms are poor corruptions of the King James version.

How does Anna Riva attribute each Psalm with a specific purpose -- where did her ideas come from?
Readings and Rootwork at Hoodoo Psychics

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:26 pm

The attribution of a specific purpose (but not necessarily a single purpose) to each Psalm goes back centuries, but there are two schools here -- the Jewish school of traditional knowledge and the Protestant folk magic chool, as exemplified in hoodoo, in which the words of the Psalms indicate usage.

See

Category:The Book of Psalms - Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms

("The Book of Psalms is a collection of 150 ancient Hebrew poems or songs employed in a variety of spiritual, magical, medical, and social circumstances. It forms one of the most loved portions of the Jewish Bible or Hebrew Tanakh, and is equally revered in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible.")

That web page tells a lot and contains links to each of the 150 Psalms. The usages on the AIRR site were not compiled via Anna Riva, but they do contain a use for each Psalm, as you will see by looking in the navigation box at top right for each Psalm. They were compiled from Godfrey Selig and from general hoodoo usage, in which sometimes only one or two verses will be read, rather than the entire Psalm.

As to Anna Riva -- when an author is essentially "off the map" of shared traditions, i tend to label the work as "personal gnosis" and give it a respectful pass. Her book may have been a sincere attempt to discover a new path through the thickets, but it may also have been an attempt to produce a new, copyright-protected version of an old classic, in order to gain ownership over something unique. It is impossible to say, at this late date. Anna Riva (Dorothy Spencer) passed away in 2005.

See also "Hoodoo Bible Magic" by Miss Michaele and Prof. Porterfield. In that book you will get a quick cheat-sheet on all the Psalms, as per the AIRR site, and also a highly intriguing set of "The Chicago Psalms of Morton Neumann" in which he documented the Psalms as used in the Bronzeville neighborhood of Chicago among recent Black immigrants from the South in the mid 1930s.

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgments 4
In the Beginning 5
The Bible Comes to Hoodoo 5
Is Magic Incompatible with the Bible? 6
Heroes of the Bible Work Magical Spells 7
Jacob, Joseph, Joshua, Moses, Aaron, Miriam, Elijah, and Solomon 7
Jesus the Master of Magic 14
Doctors, Conjurers, Faithful Disciples 15
Sketches of Christian Rootworkers 15
The Conjure Doctor as Church Leader 16
Spiritual Church Mediums 18
Forget Not All His Benefits 21
The Bible Itself is a Magical Book 21
Burning, Boiling, and Bathing 22
The Bible Stops a Bullet 24
Bible Amulets and Charms: Mizpahs, Midget Bibles, and Mezuzot 26
Scriptural Magic 29
Selected Scriptures for Magical Use 30
7 Bible Verses that Show God is Listening 31
Pleading the Blood of Jesus 32
Psalmic Magic 33
The Book of Psalms in Folk Magic 36
A Quick List of the 150 Psalms and Their Uses 38
You Can Do Anything with Psalms 23 42
The "Chicago Psalms" 44
7 Deadly Bible Psalms to Quell Your Foes 46
8 Powerful Psalms to Reverse and Send Back Evil 47
Divinatory Magic 48
Bibliomantic Cleidomancy 48
Biblical Bibliomancy 49
Dream Books and the Bible 50
Devotionary Magic 51
A Practical Guide to Prayer: How Shall We Pray? 51
Preaching as Prayer 52
A Curse in a Baptist Sermon: Hitler and Hell 54
Bible Spells Old and New 58
Steady Work, Money, Success, Gambling 58
Recovering People and Goods 62
Love, Family, Reconciliation 63
Helping, Blessing, and Healing 67
Harming and Cursing 72
Protection and Jinx-Breaking 74
At the End 80
Frequently Asked Questions 80
One Last Curiosity: The Soldier's Bible 94
Bibliography 96

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am

Hi all,

I have a general question about working in Hoodoo...

Are words, a statement of intent or prayers necessary to the practice in order to set things to working or is the intent by itself sufficient?

I have been working a lot with the Psalms in my candle work but most of what I know has been to set my intent with a short statement and that's it or even working with the intent in mind but nothing said out loud or silently. Should I be doing something more?

Thanks
Peter.
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 am

peterwilliams623 --

I moved your question into this thread because this thread is more relevant to the question than where you had first posted it -- and because if you go back to page 1 of this thread and read my responses to questions, you will get a good overview of my own personal way of working.

There is no one way to work, and i am not trying to train people to copy my style exclusively, but generally, the concept of a strictly "mental intent" has only entered into hoodoo in recent years. The farther back you go in time, the more likely you are to encounter accounts by workers who either make no mention of what to think or speak, or who will cite a Bible verse or give a sample of a spoken petition from the heart. The words need not be spoken out loud, although many do so, myself included.
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am

thank you Cat.

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 am

there are times where I know what I'd like to accomplish in my workings but don't actually know how to word it for use as a prayer or petition paper, these are the times when I use a focusing of energy or intent, as God knows our hearts. It's not exactly an unspoken prayer but more of a heart felt one.

I also know of some people that will do their work in secret, everything done mentally and not said, believing that telling someone will kill the work, much like a birthday wish spoken aloud. The only clue will be a lit candle.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:27 pm

This is why one of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:26: "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

I actually say this verse when I am at a loss for prayers, and then just speak from the heart, even if I can't say anything more articulate than "I just want to cry."
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

birainluv

Unread post by birainluv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello all!
I was wondering what chapter in Song of Solomon would be good for blessing perfume for that will be used for bewitching and bringing lovers!
Thank you and all the best!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Song of Solomon 5:5: "I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped [dripped] with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock."

Song of Solomon 6:2: "My beloved is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies."
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

birainluv

Unread post by birainluv » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Thank you Miss Michaele :)!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:39 pm

birainluv,

Have you looked at some of the great resources on Bible magic, such as the book Miss Michaele coauthored: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgments 4
In the Beginning 5
The Bible Comes to Hoodoo 5
Is Magic Incompatible with the Bible? 6
Heroes of the Bible Work Magical Spells 7
Jacob, Joseph, Joshua, Moses, Aaron, Miriam, Elijah, and Solomon 7
Jesus the Master of Magic 14
Doctors, Conjurers, Faithful Disciples 15
Sketches of Christian Rootworkers 15
The Conjure Doctor as Church Leader 16
Spiritual Church Mediums 18
Forget Not All His Benefits 21
The Bible Itself is a Magical Book 21
Burning, Boiling, and Bathing 22
The Bible Stops a Bullet 24
Bible Amulets and Charms: Mizpahs, Midget Bibles, and Mezuzot 26
Scriptural Magic 29
Selected Scriptures for Magical Use 30
7 Bible Verses that Show God is Listening 31
Pleading the Blood of Jesus 32
Psalmic Magic 33
The Book of Psalms in Folk Magic 36
A Quick List of the 150 Psalms and Their Uses 38
You Can Do Anything with Psalms 23 42
The "Chicago Psalms" 44
7 Deadly Bible Psalms to Quell Your Foes 46
8 Powerful Psalms to Reverse and Send Back Evil 47
Divinatory Magic 48
Bibliomantic Cleidomancy 48
Biblical Bibliomancy 49
Dream Books and the Bible 50
Devotionary Magic 51
A Practical Guide to Prayer: How Shall We Pray? 51
Preaching as Prayer 52
A Curse in a Baptist Sermon: Hitler and Hell 54
Bible Spells Old and New 58
Steady Work, Money, Success, Gambling 58
Recovering People and Goods 62
Love, Family, Reconciliation 63
Helping, Blessing, and Healing 67
Harming and Cursing 72
Protection and Jinx-Breaking 74
At the End 80
Frequently Asked Questions 80
One Last Curiosity: The Soldier's Bible 94
Bibliography 96

This book gives workings with candles and also Psalms to pray as you work the candles: THE MASTER BOOK OF CANDLE BURNING
by Henri Gamache

Great book on the Penn Dutch and work using bible workings: THE RED CHURCH OR THE ART OF PENNSYLVANIA GERMAN BRAUCHEREI
by C. R. Bilardi

Secret of Psalms an absolute classic: http://www.luckymojo.com/secretspsalms.html

The book TROLLDOM also includes traditional Biblical text workings: http://www.luckymojo.com/trolldom.html

BOO-FLS-TROL
Trolldom: Spells of Norse Folk Magic by Johannes Gårdbäck
$17.95

http://www.luckymojo.com/trolldom.html

TROLLDOM:
SPELLS AND METHODS OF THE NORSE FOLK MAGIC TRADITION
by Johannes Gardback

The folk magic of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, has been practiced for more than 500 years. Now, after extensive research, Johannes Gårdbäck presents the fascinating occult art of Norse trolldom to an English-speaking audience.

This detailed account of traditional Scandinavian folk magic offers in-depth historical background, divination methods, and descriptions of practical trolldom, paving the way for the 2014 publication of hundreds of collected trolldom spells for love, money, protection, healing, and cursing.

Johannes Gårdbäck is a respected healer, teacher, and spiritual worker of Swedish folk-magic. A practitioner of hoodoo and conjure, he is also a founding member of AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers. He brings solid, firsthand knowledge of Norse, Scandinavian, and African-American folklore to his international practice. He currently lives in Göteborg, Sweden.

The Norse folk magic tradition, called Trolldom, has much in common with the practices of African-American folk magic. This book is a detailed account of traditional Swedish folk magic and offers spells, background, and descriptions of the Trolldom practice.

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgements 6
Foreword by Draja Mickaharic 7
Notice from the Publisher 7
Introduction 8

Glossary 11

A Brief History of Magic in Scandinavia 21
Magical Mingling in the Nordic Regions 25
Trolldom in America 26

Terms of the Art 33
Components of the Work of Trolldom 33
The Word “Trolldom” 34
Synonyms for “Trolldom” 34
Is Trolldom a Religion? 35
Names for Practitioners of Trolldom 36

How to Become Trollkunnig 37
Having a Gift 37
Utesittning (Sitting Outside) 37
Learning from Teachers 38
Standing Outside the Church and Society 38
Having and Learning from a Svartebok 38

Components of the Work of Trolldom 39
The Practitioner’s Fitness for the Task 39
Makt (Power) and Tydor (Omens) 39
Locations of Power 40
Directionality 40
Timing the Work 41
Natural Curios and Spiritual Supplies 41
Divination of the Cause: Tydor and Spådom 42
Troll Formulas: The Spoken Word 42
Contact Magic 43
The Written Word and Symbols 43

Methods of Divination: Tydor 44
Methods of Divination: Spadom 49

Troll Formulas: The Spells 63
Origins of the Troll Formulas 63
Poetic and Literary Structure of the Spells 64
How the Troll Formulas Should Be Spoken 64
Troll Formulas of the “Tyda and Target” Type 65
Troll Formulas of the “Impossible Task” Type 66
Troll Formulas of the “As True As” Type 66
Troll Formulas of the ”Exhortation” Type 67
“The Meeting” Narrative Formula 68
“The Walk” Narrative Formula 69
Troll Formulas of the “Sexually Bold” Type 70

Troll Formulas: The Spells 71
Bota: Curing, Healing, and Restoration Methods 79
Love, Sex, Relationships, Marriage 147
Getting Rid of Longing 170
To Gain Friendship 172
Finances, Prosperity, and Work 174
Gambling Spells 188
Hunting and Fishing 190
Dealing with Thieves 206
Protection 227
Foergoera: Destructive Spells 249
Reversing and Revenge 266
Spells of Social Mischief 273
To Win in Court 276
Lost and Found 280
To Gain Strength, Power, and Memory 282

Bibliography 285

Just some great suggestions that Lucky Mojo carries !
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

birainluv

Unread post by birainluv » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 am

JayDee,
I didn't know about any of these! I will definitely be checking them out!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”