Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Phoenix333

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:29 pm

I know that cat is pretty firm in her conviction that we won't be taught how to pray in the HRCC, and I respect that and see her reasons. However, would a thread here about the different ways people focus their concentrations and energies during prayer be acceptable? It would also include how one prepares a spell, asking the ingredients for their help, etc.

I think a lot of people would benefit from this.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Prayer, speech, song, and focus of energy are all valid components of conjure spell-casting.

People who are new to these practices often ask:
* "How should i prepare my mind for the work?"
* "How Should i focus my attention while casting a spell?"
* "How should i pray?"

This thread is a good place to address those questions. There is no single, one "correct" answer, but the advice of experienced people will certainly be of assistance to those who are seeking guidance.
catherine yronwode

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:58 pm

I read a book on magical words and one on useing the psalms for magic. in both these there were no mention of any wiccan or hoodoo supplies like candles etc. What is the bacground or History on this and is it just a chant a prayer using the power of the intent??? please chat it up everyone

Literarylioness

Re: Enchantments, Psalms, Verbal Charms, Words of Power

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:39 pm

The Psalms have been often used for magic and are very prominent in Hoodoo, as is the Song of Solomon. I don't quite understand your question. "Magical" words are generally a chant to add force to the work one is doing. In Vodou, we just ask for our Spirits help and there are no "magical" words involved.

I am not a wiccan, nor a pagan, so I do not know how the Psalms relate to those areas.

Mary

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Imprecatory Psalms

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 pm

The red-head strike-anywhere matches are indeed for Hot Footing -- that is, attacks through the feet.

As for offensive prayers, folks, let us look more closely at the Jewish-Christian tradition which is the dominant religion in hoodoo practice.

Curses abound in the Tanakh and New Testament, but are most striking in the angry Psalms, which scholars call the "imprecatory Psalms." These sincere cries from the heart are very powerful prayers, if spoken with conviction.

Psalm 37 —The Psalmist prays that “the arms of the wicked shall be broken,” “their sword shall enter into their own heart,” and “the wicked shall perish [...] as the fat of lambs, [...] into smoke shall they consume away.”

Psalm 55:15 — “Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave.”

Psalm 58:6 —”O God, break the teeth in their mouths.”

Psalm 137:9 — “How blessed will be the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks!”

An entire book has been written on this subject. It is called "Violent Prayer" and it is by Chris Tiegreen.

From the back-cover blurb comes this concise explanation of the premise behind Tiegreen's teachings: "Overcome an unhealthy, passive approach to prayer that dilutes your communion with the reigning Victor. When you move from defensive, reactive prayers to offensive, proactive prayers with an aggressive agenda, things begin to change. And you don’t want to miss out."

Similar ideas can be found in most religions.

Rev. Cat, Pastor, Missionary Independent Spiritual Church
catherine yronwode

Mr. Lucky

Re: Make 'Em Go Crazy Mojo

Unread post by Mr. Lucky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Wow! I had no idea. I'm going to have to remember those, they would be perfect for a mojo such as this. Hell even a few powders and bottle spells.

Psalm 137:9 would be a addition to the shattering of a bottle of war water!

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 am

Wow, I remembered 55:15 but those others are doozies!
I was also just gifted a tanach, so I will be reading that for the next few months.

Mr. Lucky- That's a strong image for smashing the war water. :idea:

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:05 pm

What I meant or am asking is Can words be used for a spell or something laying tricks without any tools being involved???

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Sharona22 wrote:What I meant or am asking is Can words be used for a spell or something laying tricks without any tools being involved???

I don't think so. I have never heard of it. That's why the "tricks" are called "tricks." They are physical works and items.

Mary

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:43 pm

The employment of the Psalms in folk magic is an ancient Jewish tradition that was adopted into hoodoo in the 19th century, through contact between Christian African Americans and Jewish pharmacists, herbalists, and chemists who supplied conjure shops.

In Jewish practice, the words are important, but physical objects are also employed with Psalms. To give one example, Psalms 44 and 45 are recited over a bowl of Olive oil and the oil is then used in a spell to soothe and calm and angered wife. This same spell is found among Black root doctors, due to the cross-cultural development of hoodoo.

Fragments of the Psalms or other portions of scripture, such as the Book of Deuteronomy, are used in the making of inscribed amulets as well, both in Jewish folk magic and in conjure. The mezzuzah is such a word-driven physical charm, and it has long been sold in the hoodoo mail order market as well as to European-American Jews.

A third example involves the making of talismans that contain words, phrases, or acronyms for magical words and phrases. The most famous of these are the various "AGLA" talismans for wealth, which are Jewish in origin and are hugely popular in hoodoo.

BOO-FLS-KJVG
Holy Bible, King James Version, Hardcover, Garnet
$22.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 am

Sharona22 wrote:What I meant or am asking is Can words be used for a spell or something laying tricks without any tools being involved???

In the Scandinavian folkmagic practice of Trolldom spoken formulas is the core of magical practice. Sometimes they are used while simply thinking of a person, sometimes they are "read" into salt, sugar, ointments and so forth.

For practical reasons a spoken word, prayer, psalm or formulae alone is best followed by focusing on the out breath, to send it at the end of the phrase. This also allows the mind to disconnect from the work and detatching from the energy (thought and emotion) sent out.

Johannes
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers

HipshakeBaby

Unread post by HipshakeBaby » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:58 am

Mr. Lucky, Drums and Shadows is amazing! I had heard of it but never read it. I just read it from the link you posted. Have you ever read any of the Hyatt books? Luckily I have access to what I believe are the orginals. Nothing like sitting up in an old University library, reading about conjurin'!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:07 pm

What Johannes points out is something important to our work here at Lucky Mojo and in this forum: Different systems of magic have different methodologies -- and while his native magical form, Swedish trolldom, is like many of the Germanic magical systems in that spoken words (often rhyming words) are the core of the practice, such is not the case in hoodoo.

We make and carry many types of magical goods at the Lucky Mojo, for use in many and varied traditions, and although our major emphasis is on African American conjure practice, we are open to all traditional folk magics.

BOO-FLS-KJVK
Holy Bible, King James Version, Hardcover, Black
$22.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Share How You Prepare, Focus, and Pray

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks for moving this, Lara.

So, to the point:

When i prepare for spell work of any kind, i first gather and lay out my ingredients. During the time it takes me to get them together (selecting, shopping, unwrapping, arranging, etc.) i "practice" the spell numerous times in my mind's eye. If it is a spell i learned through conversation, i recall the conversation. If it is a spell i learned from a book, i reread it once or twice, but then switch to acting it out in my mind's eye. I may even rehearse tricky hand-movements in the air, like playing air guitar. Laying in bed or being a passenger in a car or bus are quiet places i like for this sort of preparation.

Once i have everything together, i go into a final mental run-through, usually not in the room where the work will be performed, nor at an altar. I block out the timing of the spell, but i do not practice any prayers or speeches, unless i will be reading from scripture or reciting a European-style enchantment (uncommon for me, but i have worked that way at times). If i know i will be praying aloud, i sort of block out so many heartbeats or "counts."

You know, explaining this sounds very weird. It's like trying to explain how to improvise in theatre, i think. You just block out the time and the emotion-tone, but leave it bank. Does that make sense?

Then, when i am ready, i proceed to the work. If everything was laid out right, with blocking of movements well conceived, i can easily perform the spell, with everything to hand.

If thanks are to be given, i speak them, to the spirits who aid me, to the contributions of the plants, minerals, and animals, as they may assist me.

When the time comes for the prayer or petition, i simply begin to speak. This is where the gift of ... well ... the Inexplicable gift of speech ... comes in. If you have a tongue, let your voice be heard. God will hear. Speak from the heart. A certain cadence, a conscious touch of ringing King Jamesian oratory, is always suitable. I learned from Black Baptist preachers, deacons, and parishioners. Your mileage may vary.

I more or less work in this style, as demonstrated by Hasan Green, in "A Baptist Deacon's Prayer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs

Be humble, but ask with confidence in the Lord. That's all i can say about that, i guess.
catherine yronwode

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm

This is a very good discussion

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:04 am

ANY MORE INFO ON TROLLDOM I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED IN NEW KNOWLEDGE

Sharona22

Focusing while doing the spell kit

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am

I know that in Hoodoo as in wicca intent and a positve outcome thought is Eveything. I have alot of trouble quieting my mind while focusing that is one of the reason why I decided to get the pychic vision candle while doing the spell kit.The importance of the outcome which is very dear to my heart will help me focus but if there is any more advice on this and clarity I would appreciate it

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Focusing while doing the spell kit

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Sharona22 wrote:I know that in Hoodoo as in wicca intent and a positve outcome thought is Eveything. I have alot of trouble quieting my mind while focusing that is one of the reason why I decided to get the pychic vision candle while doing the spell kit.The importance of the outcome which is very dear to my heart will help me focus but if there is any more advice on this and clarity I would appreciate it

Hi Sharona,

Actually in my experience with hoodoo intent is *not* everything. Having focused intent helps, always, of course it does, but there may be things that we want really badly, that we are really focused on, and the answer still may be no. We also believe that the roots, oils, and herbs do have special significance and power which is why you cannot make casual substitutions.

With that said, I always find that prayers said simply and directly from the heart go far. If it helps, light a small candle and focus on that for a few moments, taking a few deep breaths, before beginning. For other people though getting really worked up is part of what gives their work power, if there is urgency or a desperate need to have this work go through then imbuing the work with those feelings can be very effective.

good luck to you,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Wow This answer is very interesting especially the last sentance

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:26 am

Think of a Baptist preacher delivering a passionate sermon. There is great power in that when it is done correctly, so much power that a single person can move an entire congregation. There is great intent and focus in that work, but it does not *look* like what many people nowadays think concentration looks like, where you are silent with a peaceful expression and regulated breathing, does that make sense?

take care,
Bri

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:24 am

Bri, You are very insightful

tisha

Unread post by tisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:18 am

i don't remember what the jewish religion calls it, but they have little prayers of giving thanks for many things.
from getting a paycheck to going the bathroom is covered.
i kinda stole that idea.
i try to say a word of thanks for just about everything.
then when i need to ask for something i already have a prayerful mindset.
i still believe in please and thank you as the most magic of words.
sorry i sound juvenile, but i really am deeper.
i just can't express the profundity of thankfulness and receiving blessings.
namaste.

Lara

Unread post by Lara » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am

The phrase is called a Berakhah. You can read more about Jewish Prayer here: http://www.jewfaq.org/prayer.htm

tisha

Unread post by tisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:38 pm

thank you lara.
it has been almost 20 years since i heard of this practice nd it was great to learn more.

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 am

Lara wrote:The phrase is called a Berakhah. You can read more about Jewish Prayer here: http://www.jewfaq.org/prayer.htm

Thank you for sharing this link, Lara. Though I am a Christian, I am deeply interested in the Judaic roots of my Christian faith and this really spoke to me.

sangamo1

Bible Verses, Psalms, Prayers Questions and Answers

Unread post by sangamo1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:50 am

In my reconciliation work post, I was told about using psalm 32 with candles.

Are there any other psalms that will work? I think that i read somewhere that psalm 81 also does what I need done. And what color candles should I use?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Psalms with Reconciliation Candle Spells

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 am

I always like Psalm 23, it is a wonderful, general, all-purpose Psalm and the first thing out of the Bible I memorized as a wee child.

I am assuming that you are doing a love reconciliation, I would use red candles for that. If it is a friendship reconciliation, I would use pink.

take care,
Bri

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 am

It's a bit of both...she was my friend first, then we dated, then went back to friends, then had a fight and parted ways.

I'd rather go back to being friends first before trying the relationship thing again. I will make use of the pink candle.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:53 am

Psalms 32 is indeed a good portion to read over pink candles dressed with Reconciliation oil when one feels that a friendship or love break may have arisen in part due to one's own headstrong or "mulish" actions. Here is the complete text. As you read it, realize that verses 1 through 7 are as spoken by the petitioner, and verses 8 through 11 are as spoken by the Lord in reply. You will read the entire Psalm, with that understanding.

1: Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2: Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3: When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4: For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
5: I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6: For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
7: Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
8: I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
9: Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
10: Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
11: Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
catherine yronwode

heathernijoli

Unread post by heathernijoli » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:13 am

I was pleased to see the appropriate Psalm written on the back of the Reconciliation 7 day vigil candles from Lucky Mojo. Having it available on the product - meaning it is always nearby when focusing on your work with that candle - is perfect.

I also focus on the candle and state firmly my intentions outloud repeatedly nightly as the candle burns. I think this really ingrains your intentions with your candle work.

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Tonight I lit three pink candles rubbed down with pure olive oil, thought about what I wanted for about a min, and read off the psalm! Then I reflected a few more seconds than did it again. (also stated what i wanted aloud after each psalm reading)

Also mailed away my order for two reconciliation vigil candles to be burned on my behalf today via priority mail.

The flames were pretty strong and high! From my reading on the subject, I am gathering that means something is being accomplished! I am getting more optimistic.

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:51 am

I know this is going to sound strange,but what is the reason to be needing tricky hand movements?

If I am going to ask St Francis for his help at the beginning of my spell I ask him, yes? and at closing thank him and then tell him I will be making donation and help animals in his name because of his help. is this basically correct? I am also going to write a petition and dust this and the picture of my dog and myself with power sachet.

I also have a saint francis statue to keep by the altar when I am doing all of my pyschic vision work. Is it Ok if I leave it out where my dog and I sleep?.

Then I am going to do a verbal intention when in the spell. is this usually done?

is there a prayer or something to be said at the end while I am putting together the remains under our bed (my pet and mine)?

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Sharona22 wrote:If I am going to ask St Francis for his help at the beginning of my spell I ask him, yes? and at closing thank him and then tell him I will be making donation and help animals in his name because of his help. is this basically correct? I am also going to write a petition and dust this and the picture of my dog and myself with power sachet. ... is there a prayer or something to be said at the end while I am putting together the remains under our bed (my pet and mine)?

Here is a petition prayer for St. Francis of Assissi:

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

This is the prayer you say for his novena, which is intened for nine days of steady prayer. When I do a novena, I have a candle lit in the saint's name on my altar and say his or her prayer. At the end of the prayer each day, I ask for help with my situation. At the end of the nine days, I make my offering in the name of the saint to a charity in his or her honor.

I hope that helps,

Mary

missy

Unread post by missy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 am

Hmm, interesting. But what if the enemy isn't arouund you?
Also, do you have to dress this type of mojo, or would it cause a fire...I'm not sure if oil can go onto unlit matches...

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi Missy,

missy wrote:Hmm, interesting. But what if the enemy isn't around you?
Also, do you have to dress this type of mojo, or would it cause a fire...I'm not sure if oil can go onto unlit matches...

This type of mojo is usually deployed near one's target (in or under their house or yard, for example). It is not a mojo that one would keep near to oneself, nor is it a mojo that one would feed after the initial deployment (ie: once it gets buried under the target's front porch, it stays there, undisturbed). One could also send such a mojo to one's target inside a stuffed animal or similar object, if they are far away.

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator
Bible Verses and Prayers Questions and Answers

Unread post by carolina_dean » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 pm

About three months ago, I received a promotion at work. Part of my job requires me to prepare a number of reports, some of which I have to work, and some of which another individual in my company has to work. This basically requires finding a number of wares in the store AND stockroom and verifying our on hands, etc...

For three months, the other person simply refused to do her part. I asked nicely, I explained the importance of working her reports, and I attempted to compromise by streamlining her report for her and making it easier on her to no avail. Finally, I had enough. I decided to work on her name. I've already invested three months in trying to sway her and honestly she'd tinkled me off to where I didn't want to go the 'nice' route (i.e. use a honey jar). Once I made up my mind to do this, I didn't stop to question myself. This is what I did....

I wrote the woman's name 9 times on a piece of paper I cut out of a square. I turned the paper crossed and covered her name with the words Back Down! I anointed the four corners and center of the paper with vinegar (to sour her life until she does what I ask).

I folded the paper away from myself three times and set this aside. I then carved her name on a black candle, reversing the letters (the way they would appear in a mirror) then I flipped the candle (cut off the head, dug a new wick out of the foot). I anointed the candle with vinegar, and set it in a holder on top of an overturned saucer. The name-paper was placed under the saucer.

I lit the candle and read Psalm 109 slowly and deliberately as the candle burned. Since my target was a female I changed the pronouns where appropriate. For example verse seven reads When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. So I changed he to she. As I read the Psalm I visualized the events mentioned in the Psalm happening to my enemy.

Finally when the candle was spent (it burned down cleanly with nothing left over) I took the name paper and pressed it in the Bible at Psalm 109 where the words of the curse press into her and the vinegar will sour her life until she does what I ask.

Earlier this week the woman in question came in and started telling me how she'll do the reports if she gets time. I simply told her I'd had enough with her not doing her work. She can do the reports or not, I don't care; but that I'll make a note in my files that she'd refused to do them. The following day my boss wanted to talk to me in the office on a separate matter, but while we were alone he told me that this person came to him about the reports and he told her that she had to do them.

This week she did the reports and hasn't complained to me about them anymore!

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G

Turnsteel

Re: Black Candle, Vinegar, and Bible Psalms Binding Spell

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Nice, did you take her name paper out and dispose of it or are you going to keep working on her for a bit?

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator
Re: Black Candle, Vinegar, and Bible Psalms Binding Spell

Unread post by carolina_dean » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm keeping in there for now, I'm afraid if I take it out or burn it that she'll go back to her old ways.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:36 pm

It's been more than 20 years since I set foot in a 'church' but I remember many of the lessons Miss Ann and Miss Eveleyn taught me in Sunday School at the 2nd Baptist Church.

I particularly remember the story of King Solomon. When Kind David dies and Solomon became King, God came to Solomon in a dream and told him that he would give Solomon anything that he wished. (I Kings Chapter 3) It was then that Solomon prayed for wisdom.

I don't think it would be inappropriate to burn some King Solomon Incense and pray for better prayer skills or read I Kings Chapter 3 (which actually mentions Solomon burning incense at the altar).

carolina dean
Carolina Dean

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 am

Madame_Phoenix wrote:I know that cat is pretty firm in her conviction that we won't be taught how to pray in the HRCC, and I respect that and see her reasons. However, would a thread here about the different ways people focus their concentrations and energies during prayer be acceptable? It would also include how one prepares a spell, asking the ingredients for their help, etc. I think a lot of people would benefit from this.

I usually start preparing by looking up ingredients, and different spells online. This usually takes me a few hours to a couple of days depending on what I am trying to do. I like to get ideas and make my own spells up or sometimes I make them up from "scratch" so it takes me awhile.

I will write out my own prayer, or petition of what I want to say and I do rehearse it a few times to make sure it is what I want to say.

As for focus, I burn some sage, or some kind of incense relating to the objective. I dont know why, but it helps clear my mind, and I work at night considering my family is sometimes awake and that can be distracting.

Also, I cleanse my hands before and after with florida water. If its a target I am working on, I put their picture in a picture frame, and set it on my altar and speak to it, and focus on whatever I want them to do.

If I am doing a candle, I put my hands around the candle, and say the petition or whatever comes to mind. I have gotten really good at feeling the energy, and releasing it into the candle. I try to envision the outcome, but other times I am so in a trance from saying the petition or whatever over and over again. Also, I pay attention to my mood, and my energy...

If I cant focus because I am sick or too tired, I will usually stop or not do the spell. I noticed I get these random results when I half-put my all into things. ;)
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

fausto

Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread post by fausto » Sun May 03, 2009 8:44 pm

First off, I am a 25 year old white male from New Jersey.

My father took off when I was five years old (I dont even remember what he looks like). Although he paid child support, he never bothered or wanted anything to do with me.

Anyway, several years ago, he wanted to stop the support. I was in college (which I've been taking pretty slow, because I have learning issues), only working part time, and my parents really needed the money, because I couldnt afford to pay them what they were getting for support.

It was left up to the courts to decide if he would continue paying or not.

I started looking into court case spells, and I stumbled onto a story about how Marie Laveau used a spell to help a man beat an assault charge. I got a dark blue mojo bag and filled it with herbs and other items (the lucky mojo site helped me to pick what to use) and dressed it with Lucky Mojo oil. I then bought three hot peppers (the story said guinea peppers (guinea grains), but I just used hot red peppers). Opening to the psalms of the bible, I read aloud the psalms associated with court case help (psalms 35, 37) as I chewed on the peppers, letting them burn my tongue. I also burned a purple candle for power. I did this for about an hour. When I felt I was done, I added the peppers to the mojo bag and hid it in a drawer of my dresser, under my clothes.

Due to my disabilities, the court found in my favor. I'm still in college, and my father continues to pay child support.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Good for you.

Just a note for those interested in the tradition behind this spell: Guinea Pepper is not the same as Red Pepper. It is also called Grains of Paradise, a.k.a. Malaguetta Pepper. We sell Guinea Pepper for $3.00 per packet. No harm done by making that substitution, but that's what the original spell called for.

Thanks for sharing.

HER-GRP-SEED
Grains of Paradise (Guinea Grains, Malaguetta Pepper)
$3.00

catherine yronwode

chayanna

Bible Verses and Prayers Questions and Answers

Unread post by chayanna » Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 am

I often see where one prays over an oil or a candle or such likes to enpower the item ...and I know that Psalm 23 is said to draw things to you and Psalm 91 is for protection....but other than these two Psalms ....what other "prayers" can one say or use?

And also, how many times is good enough to "pray" over something like an oil or a candle or such?

As usual THANKS for answering my question.

God Bless all at Lucky Mojo who work for us :)

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Prayers?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 am

There are a number of Psalms and traditional prayers that are used for different purposes in Conjure, one that is almost as well known as what you have mentioned is reading the Song of Songs or part of the Song of Songs while doing love work.
This page has several other commonly used Psalms: http://www.luckymojo.com/secretspsalms.html

As far as how many times, that is really up to the individual practitioner. Everything that comes from LMC has been prayed over and blessed in-house, but certainly whenever I am working with spiritual supplies, I do my own blessings over them as well.

good luck,
Bri

twodogs

Re: Marie Laveau Psalm Spell

Unread post by twodogs » Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Grains of paradise are good in cooked spells too, my grandma like to use these a lot, she calls herself a "kithen witch"

Dumbledork

Ten Commandments as a way of finding out your sin

Unread post by Dumbledork » Thu May 21, 2009 5:01 am

I have spent much of my life practicing what I guess you'd call bible magick. The Good Book is a source of both wisdom and power. One I've found from personal experience is using numerology and the 10 Commandments as a means for finding out your big sin--the one you'll struggle with all your days. Knowing this, parents may be able to raise their children a way that might help them to steer clear of the problems associated with that sin.

The way you do it is by adding up all the numbers in your birthday (month, day, and year) and combining them in a way that will add up to some number between one and ten. For example, my b-day is 7-20-1978. Add them all up: 7+2+0+1+9+7+8= 34. Then combine them: 3+4= 7. So, the biggest sin I'll deal with in my life is found in the 7th commandment, which in my faith is the commandment against adultery.

Now you have to take the broad view when interpreting this. I have never cheated on my wife (and if I did, I can easily see how destructive it could be) but I can say that lust and "temptations of the flesh" are certainly the hardest for me to try to control.

Try if yourself, search your soul and see if the commandment you get is you biggest problem sin. Anyway, it worked for me.

PS: My son's number is 9 and he would rather lie than eat. Seems to be a pattern.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Ten Commandments as a way of finding out your sin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks for a very thought-provoking idea. I practice numerology and i find your Biblical numer work-out extremely interesting. I am going to try it out! Let's see. My birthday is 5-12-1947 -- or 5+1+2+1+9+4+7=29, and 2+9=11 and 1|1=2. So the Second Commandment would be my great sin: "You shall have no other gods before me." Yep, that's a problem for me, all right. I think you are definitely onto something here!
catherine yronwode

Dumbledork

Unread post by Dumbledork » Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you. There is one issue that of course may cause some people some problems. The ten commandments are numbered differently for different denominations and faiths. Most jews follow what I believe is called the Talmudic numbering scheme.Catholics and Lutherans follow a scheme. And Anglicans and protestants follow another. Now it is my belief that your number fits the numbering scheme you grew up in or submit yourself to.

As a test, I did Hitler's birthday to see what his chief sin was: April 20, 1889. His number is 5. Under most schemes, that is the commandment about honoring your mother. But for Catholics, whixh is what Hitler was baptized, the fifth commandment is the one against murder. Not a bad one for the killer of 11,000,000 jews, romanis, homosexuals, and others!

Lastly, I just did my wife's. Her number was 3. As Anglicans, that commandment is the one about honoring the sabbath day. It's hilarious because I couldn't get her in the church doors if I told there was a million dollar check in there.LOL

fausto

Unread post by fausto » Sun May 24, 2009 7:08 am

I had a scare there for a couple of minutes, I added my birthdate (11/11/83) without adding the 1 and 9 part of the year, and it came out to 5, thou shalt not kill. Granted, I sometimes imagine that the people who make me angry are being torn apart by a shark or whatever, but I would never seriously hurt someone. When adjusted, it came out to 7, thou shalt not commit adultery. That I can live with.

j82

Unread post by j82 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm

wow interesting i was a 7 i dont cheat but i have to admit i cant help but look at a good looking person, my friend says i work my eyes out more at the gym then my body. My ex was a 5 ..ekk lol well my understanding of the 5th growing up as in mathew is not to kill with word, mouth, heart..etc meaning anger. which he definetly is at fault.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:23 pm

I thought 5 was honor thy mother and father. I keep coming out as a 6, and I have never murdered anyone..I don't even like to kill spiders!
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

j82

Unread post by j82 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:25 pm

oh your right oops i meant to write 6 lol .. well i always understood that as not to be angry or to kill people as in heart ,sign, finanically, etc. but thats how I was raised understanding it.. so thall shall not kill meaning dont let anger run you.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:37 pm

That does make more sense, since I do have a temper, and as a Cancer I can hold a grudge forever. Thank you for the clarification :)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

LMFan

How do you Focus your Intention

Unread post by LMFan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

This seems to be an issue for alot of newbies like me.. what exactly does that mean?? I find that my mind wanders, and then I'll try use my brain like a laser beam on my target. Then sometimes, I try to just relax and daydream.. what exactly are you supposed to do???

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: How do you Focus your Intention

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Pray out loud if your mind wanders. See this youtube video for a good example of praying out loud.

A Baptist Deacon's Prayer-Hasan Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs
catherine yronwode

SilverStar

How to get rid of doubts?

Unread post by SilverStar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:06 pm

I know spellwork is effective only if you believe in it 100% but when you are a beginner, how can you get rid of doubts? They creep in constantly... I have a tendency for depression and low self esteem, and that doesn't help either :(

happilydysphoric

Re: How to get rid of doubts?

Unread post by happilydysphoric » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I just have faith that God is on my side and will provide me with what I need. Read the 23rd psalm every morning, it might help you to feel that way. Plus, when I do catch myself having doubts about a spell, I quickly push it aside and remind myself that everything will turn out as it should and my spell is already working whether I directly see the results yet or not.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 pm

SilverStar wrote:I know spellwork is effective only if you believe in it 100% but when you are a beginner, how can you get rid of doubts? They creep in constantly... I have a tendency for depression and low self esteem, and that doesn't help either :(

Its not that you have to be 100% about your results 24/7. Thats not being realistic. I would say its important to not obesses about the spellwork as much as you can. You need to do something else to keep yourself busy from such worries. Thinking about how, when, and why things are going to work or not work. People become soo consumed in "How are things going to start manifesting" and When are things going to start manifesting. Does that really matter? As long as things manifest, and you hit your goal, that should not matter. If things fail, let some time pass, regroup, and do a different spell. Also, make sure you are actually doing the right spell for the right goal. Most spells are not only going to take one spell kit, or one candle burned on your behalf. You might need a road opener or you might to need to do a few candles to keep hitting at your goal. This is more than likely going to be case if you want someone back, and/or you want to break someone up. Spellwork is WORK, and it take some strength and self-discipline to not obsess and overthinking about things.

Also, a HUGE one I see frequently on this board is discussing your results or what you did before you even see results. Other peoples thoughts good and bad affect the manifestation of the spell. Discussing it with a practitioner or someone doing work for you is fine. Or a person you need further advice from is fine. But discussing it before it happens on a forum like this and worrying and worrying when its going to manifest after a few days, or few weeks literally takes away from the energy of the spell.

One way to get rid of doubts is to write down each doubt on a piece of paper and burn them in a cauldron or a fire proof container. Then get rid of the ashes far away from you. While I am doing this, I think of my worries being burned, and taken away. Disposal by fire is for destroying, and taking something influence away hence why I burn my worries away in the fire. Or you can write your worries, or fears on a black candle (from wick to base) you can put banishing oil, herbs, or the powder. Then burn it. Imagine your worries burning and being removed by the candle. Then get rid of the remains FAR away from you.

I hope this helps and makes sense.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

SilverStar

Unread post by SilverStar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 am

thank you! I will try to banish these doubts.

tag227

Unread post by tag227 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 am

While this may not be the way to look at spellwork, personally, I look at every spell as a form of prayer work, and devote whatever work and faith in that work to a higher power. It's very hard to stop doubting, but like others had suggested, you should try to say the 23rd Psalm everyday to get rid of doubt as well. :)

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”