Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Black Arts Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
gremlin

Black Arts Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by gremlin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 pm

I am aware that one cannot reuse a candle or most any root or hand for a new spell when if was used in a previous spell geared toward one specific person or situation.

However being that the Black Arts candle or any Black Arts item can be used to invoke spirits in general, I assume that if it is being used in such a way to simply invoke or open the veil to the spirit realm, the candle can be used over if there is no definite intent ie: asking spirits to do such and such to so and so.

Is this correct?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Black Arts candle to open gateways and invoke spirits

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:07 pm

How do you mean "used over again"? Most of the "7-day" vigils are meant to be burned all the way through for one specific situation. Most of the smaller candles burn even faster! Could you be a little more specific about the situation that you're in?

Thank you,

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 am

I think the poster means that once a candle is dedicated to one purpose or to working on one person, it cannot be dedicated to another pperson or purpose, generally speaking -- but that in the case of a Black Arts candle, when it is dedicated in such a way that the purpose is the general evocation of spirits ("to open gateways and invoke spirits"), and if these spirits are general in nature, the question is whether it might be possible to re-use or continue to use the one Black Arts candle as a general spirit-evoking candle.

If that is indeed the question, then i would say, yes, i support the poster in this -- if the work is being done to "to open gateways and invoke spirits" and to invite any, all, or a certain class of spirits, then the candle is not actually being re-used, but is being continually used, and i see no real problem with the plan.

CAN-GLS-BKAR
Black Arts Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 am

I see...I agree with that as well. Thank you Cat!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

gremlin

Unread post by gremlin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:01 am

Yes that answered my question! So it can be used over under the understanding that the summoning of spirits within its self is considered one spell.

thanks!!! :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks for posting your question gremlin, as it helps the rest of us learn as well! Glad you got an answer!

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator
Re: Black Arts Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello, folks --

Today I would like to use the Black Arts candle as a demonstration of the differences we find between selling dressed and prepared vigil candles by mail order through the Lucky Mojo shop and serving clients with our vigil candle services through Missionary Independent Spiritual Church.

Black Arts is not the most popular mail order candle. After all, it deals with spirits, and the darker aspects of occultism, at least as some define those terms. But we do sell a certain number of these candles every year, and people are quite pleased with them, according to the feedback we get.

On the other hand, the number of Black Arts vigil lights set at the church is low. My theory about this is that those who practice the dark arts are not generally shy about doing so in their homes, the way love clients, for instance, are shy about family members seeing their love work.

It takes some kind of courage to burn Black Arts candles, and practitioners who have that level of courage are generally prepared to have us ship their candles to them rather than ask us to tend to their candles remotely.
Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

thelight1

Unread post by thelight1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:53 am

Can someone please give more information on the black arts supplies/vigils?

I'm very interested in this product, and i tried searching the LM website, but the actual page on black arts is pretty much empty..

1.How does one use the black arts vigil? (Correct me if im wrong, but I imagine it would best be used burning along side another vigil such as destruction or break up?)

2. If i was doing destructive work, break up work, etc, would i petition for that while using a black arts vigil OR would it be best to petition for an invocation of a spirit to aid in the rootwork/ritual, and then have a destruction/break up vigil lit simultaneously petitioning for my actual desire?

3. Are the candle deacons at MISC able to invoke spirits on behalf of clients? If so, do they use their own prayers to invoke spirits, THEN use my petition, or would I have to provide the prayer to invoke the spirit & my petition?
(Meaning, for example, I know there is a specific prayer to "invoke" or "petition" the intranquil spirit,[sorry if i use the wrong terms] so how would the deacons "invoke" other spirits? especially with a 200 character limit, does not seem like enough space to write a traditional prayer to invoke a spirit, then my desires?)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:58 pm

thelight1,

Black Arts candle is used by those who wish to invoke/ work with the black arts, or for cursing.
1. You have the right idea on the candle burn. You can use it alone or with another candle. I would match it with another candle even a crossing or jinx candle.
2. You can invoke a spirit or match the petition with the destruction or break up candle. Or you can say something like May the spirts of the black arts destroy the relationship of John Doe and Jane Doe etc .
3. I think the church would use a prayer they use and would recite the petition. I am not aware if they would invoke a spirit for the work.

Here is the link to the shops contact information they may be able to answer that question specifically better then I.
http://missionaryindependent.org/services.html
I personally use black arts oil and mix it with crossing or other work i am using to add to it.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

thelight1

Unread post by thelight1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks for answering most of my questions JayDee! :)
I may contact the church to answer #3, thanks for the link!

If Rev Ernest, or miss cat happens to look at this thread, i would appreciate their input as well, especially on question #3.

thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 pm

thelight1 --

1) No, not necessarily. It is not a cursing candle per se. It is a candle for dealing with spirits. It might just as well go with Master Key or Devil's or Intranquility or Run Devil Run.

2) Once you invoke the spirit, it is up to you to ask of it what you want. If cursing is your choice, then use it as you curse.

3) At MISC the candle deacons say the petitions on behalf of the clients, as worded. What you noticed -- that the petition is a short space to invoke a demon -- may be one reason why Rev Ernest was commenting on the fact that Black Arts is a candle rarely asked for at the church, but more commonly ordered by customers to be sent to them for their own use in their homes.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

thelight1

Unread post by thelight1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am

thank you for the information catherine!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”