Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bottle, Box, and Container Spells Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
Asteria

Re: Bottle, Box, and Container Spells Questions and Answers

Unread post by Asteria » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:37 am

Thank you Miss Athena! I refer to your answer replied to me on the other thread (disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-an ... ml#p402218) My next questions would veer off the topic of disposal, so I thought to ask here where it may be more appropriate. Hope you don't mind.

I did a search in the forums, is this the potpourri spell you mentioned: post19994.html?hilit=potpourri#p19986

I have some questions :)
1. How would it work if I want to draw a specific person and not new love? Include a petition and personal concerns like a sugar jar?
2. If so, do I place the charm inside the petition?
3. What does a key symbolize?
4. The jar has a narrow mouth and a glass stopper (a little like those antique apothecary bottles). Should I not cap it, since in normal circumstances, potpourri tend to be place on trays/dishes/bowls etc.?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:07 am

Hello Asteria,

Yes, that potpourri would work.

To answer your other questions...

1. To draw a specific person, you could write a petition on their photo and bury that in your jar as well. Also, out them in a honey or sugar jar.
general-honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions ... t5536.html

2. You could, or else keep it separate.

3. I like keys as symbols of unlocking doors to one's desires.

4. You could do either. Certain cultures keep potpourri in closed boxes, while other folks like to leave them opened. Choice is yours.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Asteria

Unread post by Asteria » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 pm

It definitely helped, thank you!

GinnyWeasley

Unread post by GinnyWeasley » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am

Hello!

While cleaning my box of supplies (I keep the items i use often out in the open for ease of use, and only put away when necessary), I found two bottle spells I most likely bought in 2011/2012 with the intent to use with a different target. If i recall correctly I didn't use them because I wasn't sure how. Do you think its okay to use it to work on a new target, or are they not useable because the intent was for another person?

thanks!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am

GinnyWeasley --

If they were unused, you can use them. Having an intention while buying something is not the same as putting your hopes, wishes, desires, and dreams into the spell as you craft it.

Compare buying a frozen prepared meal with the intention to eat it with your mom on Friday, but changing your mind and subsequently defrosting and preparing it with your best friend the next Wednesday. You didn't have the satisfaction of eating it on Friday with your mom, but you had the satisfaction of eating it with your best friend the next Wednesday. No harm. No foul.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

GinnyWeasley

Unread post by GinnyWeasley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks Cat!

I have spent a lot of time in the last day reviewing the instructions carefully, as well as reading this thread to ensure i have the process down. I just have a few questions left for clarity: (for reference, I have the Lucky Mojo dressed bottle kit for reconciliation)

1) just to clairfy, once the petition goes in the bottle, thats it, right? DO i need to add any reconciliation oil? or come to me? I recall reading somewhere that the bottle is completely ready to go.
2) lighting the candle - you put it in the neck and light it (then pray on it). do you run it down completely? Also, does this present a fire hazard, or an issue when the remainder of the candle drops into the bottle? i saw something that said to put some aluminum foil under the candle before lighting, as that practitioner had some soot and the wick fall into the bottle (and I beleive they were also doing a reconciliation spell)
3) is the lighting of the candle just a one time thing, or is it something done often (like a honey jar)? i am thinking just once, since the directions say to seal the bottle and shake it daily.

thanks for everything! I am just about ready to go once these questions are ironed out.

Dr Darensbourg
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi GinnyWeasley,

I'll answer your questions for you:

1) Although it is common practice to anoint petition papers with condition oils, you don't have to if you don't want to (unless the spell calls for it). If it is not specified within the instructions, then it is okay to anoint the petition paper with oil. A five-spot-pattern is customary.

2) Yes, you let the candle go down completely. Any candle lighting can create a fire hazard. Never leave candles unattended. If you simply must do so they are simple methods to prevent a fire from starting such as placing your materials on a fire proof plate and covering it with sand.

3) One time thing.

Hope this helps.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Nachtdiegal

Unread post by Nachtdiegal » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:10 pm

I just received the reconciliation kit and the instructions didn’t specify, the letter I write. Does it go to the actual person I’m targeting?

Nachtdiegal

Unread post by Nachtdiegal » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Also what does it means return from the crossroads? What cross roads does the kit mean?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello Nachtdiegal,

Yes, that is a letter intended for your target.

Crossroads are where two roads or paths intersect, forming an X. It is a traditional place for deploying spell remains.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Anonymous22

Unread post by Anonymous22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 am

I once upon a time read a post on here. A man wrote it. About urinating in a jar to dominate a target.
I can't find the post. But this actually worked. I'd like to try it again, only I can't remember exactly what was needed. Whether it was just a petition or a photo in it. Can someone help me please?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 am

Hello Anonymous22,

A photo would be helpful, as it is a link to your target. If you don't have one, you could use a petition alone but do try to find a photo.

Good luck.

Nachtdiegal

Unread post by Nachtdiegal » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:21 am

So this letter, basically will be a letter that means I’ll be reaching out to him? in case it doesn’t work, I should say everything I need to say with it, and he’ll read it? What if also I don’t habe his mailing address?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello Nachtdiegal,

Yes, it is a letter to send to him. If you don't have a mailing address, try to get an email address.

Good luck.

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:16 pm

So in Miss Cat's online book it talks about how one could write a bottle spell for an intention crossed by your name. If I want roads to be opened before me in love may I anoint my candle with a mixture of say, follow me boy and road opening on an orange or red candle and then light it in the neck of the bottle at the conclusion of the spell? I want to be specific. Please let me know!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession
To all else listen to the mods!
Student #2164

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:46 am

Shutter,

Yes, you can combine the two. If you look at the Road Opener web page: https://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html It mentions that it can be combined with other oils to open the roads for that condition. It is a very versatile product!

Yes, you burn the candle in the neck of the bottle. Some jars and bottles are a bit tippy, so keep an eye on it while its burning.
HRCC Graduate #2145

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Thank you! I use foil as a buffer to make sure the candle fits in the neck. I appreciate the response!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession
To all else listen to the mods!
Student #2164

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello all!

I did a search through the forum and I couldn’t find any questions that was asked about how/what to do to make a haint blue bottle and hopefully I didn’t make an oversight. I wanted to, of course, make one to keep in my apartment’s window sill to help keep away spiritually attacks and negative/evil spirits. I would use this in conjunction with cleansings that do to my apartment. I feel like this good to have but I wanted to make sure.

Also, what is suggested to go inside it? Thank you for your time and patience.

Best

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello, birainluv --

ConjureMan Ali, one of our best Forum Moderators and a member of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, gave a fantastic workshop on how to make spirit bottles, spirit traps, and other spirit containers at the Hoodoo Heritage Festical a few years ago. He wrote out all of his instructions, and they can be found in our festival compilation book, "The Black Folder." We do't copy out printed spells to this forum, but that book is a bargain at $12.00, and it contains hundreds of other great spells.

And, as Stan Lee used to say, "Be sure to save your sheckels, kids," because we are about to announce the publication of the book that will answer ALL of your questions about Bottle, Box, Jar, Bucket, Packet, and Freezer Spells -- and give you answers to questions you never even knew you had! This will be one of our amazing $9.00 books, containing more than 100 spells, and it is being written even as i type by the tenacious team of Forum Administrators and AIRR members Lara Rivera and (blush) yours truly, cat yronwode. Look for further details in this very thread, as soon as we have the cover art ready to share. It will be released in early Spring 2020.

But in the meantime, you cannot go wrong with The Black Folder" -- and i have marked the section that will help you by placing it in bold type.

BOO-GRI-BKFO
The Black Folder: Personal Communications on the Mastery of Hoodoo edited by catherine yronwode
$12.00

INTRODUCTION 3

WORKING WITH SPIRITUAL SUPPLIES

Spiritual Oils and Sachet Powders 8
Incense, Bath Crystals, and Washes 10
Hoodoo Perfumes and Incenses 12

WORKING WITH CANDLES AND LAMPS

The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic 15
Candle-Burning Basics 17
Divination Signs From Burning Candles 19
Some Thoughts About Candles 21
Oil Lamps in History and in Hoodoo 24
Rustic Hoodoo Oil Lamps 27

WORKING WITH SPELLS IN CONTAINERS

Mojo Hands, Packets, and Dolls

Mojo Hands for Money and Love 29
Makin' Mojo Bags 31
Catholic Saint Packets 34
Making Doll Babies for Ritual Use 36

Bottles, Jars, and Other Vessels

How to Make and Use Bottle and Jar Spells 39 <-- by by cat yronwode
Container Spells in the Hoodoo Tradition 41 <-- by Lara Rivera
How to Use Your Honey Jar Spell 43 <-- by by cat yronwode
Spirit Vessels and Spirit Traps 46 <-- by ConjureMan Ali (with Blue Bottle Tree instructions)
Skull Sorcery 49 <-- by ConjureMan Ali

CONJURE COOKERY

Herb Use Methods for Kitchen Witchery 51
Grocery Store Magic 53
Nordic Bread Spells 57

SEERSHIP AND DIVINATION

Moon Phases: Working With the Moon 63
Astrology for Rootworkers 65
Tea Leaf Reading, a Brief Introduction 68
Sangoma and Shamanic Bone Divination 71
How to Create Your Own Divination Deck 74
The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success 77
Perfecting a Career as a Phone Prophet 80

SPIRITUAL CONDITIONS

Cleansing Spells

How to Spiritually Clean Your Home 82
Spiritual Foot Washing 84
Cleansing with Eggs and Archangel Michael 86
Hands-On Conjure: Cleansing and Blessing 88

Protection Spells

Protection Spells 90

Love Spells

A Dressed Letter to Attract Love From Afar 92
Love Conjure 94
Sweet Spells for Love and Beauty 98

Luck and Money Spells

The Success Sigil and Drawing Customers 101
How to Draw and How to Keep Money 103
Gambling Charms and Lucky Numbers 105
Rose of Jericho: The Resurrection Plant 108
Prosperity Charms for the Rose of Jericho 109

Reversing and Cursing Spells

How to Make and Use Mirror Boxes 110
A Traditional Break-Up Spell in a Bottle 113
D.U.M.E.Spell with a Black Candle 115
Cursing and Spell-Casting With Dolls 117

Court Case Spells

Court Case Spells and Legal Work 119

Life-Changing Spells

Black Walnuts to Fall Out of Love 121
A Seven-Step Cut and Clear Spell 122

Spirituality and Veneration

The Crystal Silence League 124
Patron Saints for Various Conditions 126
Santisima Muerte, Mother of Holy Death 128
Walking the Labyrinth 131
The Labyrinth in Old Swedish Trolldom 133
High-Tech Hoodoo 135
catherine yronwode

Ochun_Sweetness

Unread post by Ochun_Sweetness » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:58 pm

Hello Mrs. Cat,
Thank you for the help!

eupterraen

Unread post by eupterraen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 am

That's so neat. I think spirit bottles are nice to have. I have one for working with saints, like St. Expedite, and it makes for a good central focus for meditating and praying.

Aliya
Newly Registered

Unread post by Aliya » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:53 pm

There is this person who hurted me for years and did everything she could to destroy my self esteem . To the point where I struggle having relationship and believing that I'm being like .

I just want her to feel as bad as me about her look and worth as she made me feel .

As I'm unexperienced I tried something on my own by writing her full name on a paper putting salt peper vinegar and lemon juice then fold it . I then put it under my shoe for a night now it's in the corner of my room .

Everything completly dried on it . Before putting it under the shoe I sayed in front of a mirror ( with the paper in my hands) that I wish all the bad thing she put in me to go back at her . I don't even know if that's a real spell or if it worked as I'm not in contact with her anymore. I know a spell about putting a picture on a stick then the stick in a bottle with water to take revenge . But I fpn't want to mess her life I just want her to feel the way I felt and still feel towards myself because of her .

Thanks

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 pm

Aliya,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I moved your post to this thread on bottle and container spells. I have to ask that you do not create new topics. Instead, please use the search bar in the upper right hand corner. If you still have questions after reading through a thread, just use the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page. This saves the mods and admin having to move things around to the correct place. We appreciate the effort to keep the forum orderly.

I'm not really sure what your question is. Is it a good spell? I guess you'll find out. I think the jar sounds good and I like the shoe idea. You could get a reading on it after a few weeks to find out. Shake it up repeating your intentions and don't forget to dispose of it properly when it is time.

When people make up their own spells it is very hard to tell if they are going to work or not. This is why as a beginner it is important that you stick to a well known recipe. Like the first time you bake a cake from scratch. You don't start by throwing things in a bowl right? You follow a recipe and preferably your grandma's! lol. This forum for African American folk magic. So if you are interested in learning this way of magic, I would find a spell and read as much as you can before laying everything out and trying it.

Vinegar Jars: https://www.luckymojo.com/bottlespells.html
Disposal: https://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
Cleaning up after negative work: https://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
HRCC Graduate #2145

Aliya
Newly Registered

Unread post by Aliya » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:08 am

Hi thanks for the long reply , I have read into all of that and feel like all of this actually require practice . The picture stick and bottle of water spell is from africad hodoo .i tried it and instently felt relieved then I touched it and a bad feeling came on my heart . I don't know what to do . Could you eventually cast a spell for me ? I don't want to hurt her , just for her to feel what I felt
I want someone to do to her what she did to me and feel the exact same way for the same period . Just a retribution

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:19 am

Aliya,

We do not cast spells for others here on the forum. You could hire a rootworker to cast it for you. All members of AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers are professional rootworkers. You can find a list of members here: www.readersandrootworkers.org
HRCC Graduate #2145

MagnoliaCrow

Unread post by MagnoliaCrow » Sun May 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello! I am new here, and it's been a very long time since I've participated in an online forum chat, so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong...am I ok asking questions here?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 pm

Welcome, MagnoliaCrow --

This is the thread in which to post questions about Re: Bottle, Box, and Container Spells. Each ehod, each situation, and each product line has its own thread.
catherine yronwode

MagnoliaCrow

Unread post by MagnoliaCrow » Mon May 25, 2020 10:05 am

Hi Catherine! What an honor! I'm actually in the process of preparing to apply for your course :)
In regards to this thread...I've been thinking a lot lately about creating a protection bottle for myself and children (seperately of course). I know there are quite a few ways to go about this, but I would love some more insight as nothing is 'landing' quite right. I know I must be missing something important. Thoughts?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 25, 2020 8:49 pm

MagnoliaCrow -- You will find some ideas in "The Black Folder" and in "The Red Folder, as well as on this web page:

BOTTLE SPELLS and SPELL BOTTLES by catherine yronwode
http://luckymojo.com/bottlespells.html

HISTORY AND DEFINITION OF BOTTLE SPELLS
EUROPEAN, ENGLISH, AND ANGLO-AMERICAN WITCH BOTTLES
LATIN AMERICAN CHARM FLASKS
HOODOO CROSSING, BREAK-UP, and VINEGAR BOTLE SPELLS
HOODOO HONEY JARS
HOODOO AMMONIA BOTLE SPELL
HOODOO PAINTED BOTTLE SPELLS
RELIGIOUS BOTTLE SPELLS
HOW TO MAKE A "SHAKING BOTTLE" SPELL
HOW TO DEPLOY OR DISPOSE OF A BOTTLE SPELL

Look for a book i have co-written with Lara Rivera on this topic called "Bottle Up and Go!" It will be out this summer.
catherine yronwode

MagnoliaCrow

Unread post by MagnoliaCrow » Wed May 27, 2020 8:47 am

I will definitely read over this page again, it's been a while. What are your thoughts on feathers in the bottle? What is the depth of which root work integrates feathers?

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu May 28, 2020 6:17 am

MagnoliaCrow,

I haven't seen many spells involving feathers. Parrot feathers are sometimes used to persuade someone to talk. I usually take them as signs from spirit and keep them if I find them. The type of bird it came from hints at what that message might be.

For crafting a protection bottle, I would start by researching protective herbs. This is a great page that gives a list of conditions and the herbs that are associated with them; https://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html
You'll find that there are a ton of herbs that are used for protection and if you click on them it will give you more spells on how to work with them.

Angelica is a fantastic guardian and I recommend carrying it or working with it in your home. http://www.herbmagic.com/angelica-root.html

I hope this helps!
HRCC Graduate #2145

MagnoliaCrow

Unread post by MagnoliaCrow » Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank you Terra Rising! I have worked with plants my whole adult life, and will definitely look at your list! I have a lot to look over again before putting it together, and I'll update when I do :)

MrsSchaeffer2020

Unread post by MrsSchaeffer2020 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:02 am

There is a Mirror Box Spell in the Destroying Relationships book that I'd like to do (page 66) that I have some questions about.

1) May I fold the picture up then put it inside?

2) Since it's to make whatever she is reflect back to her, may I still send the box away (and her) away?

2) Since Paris seems to be a no go for sending boxes to now [due to the Covid-19 pandemic], can I just send her far away from my target?
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:12 am

MrsSchaeffer2020 --

1) I think folding the picture up defeats the concept behind the spell -- that she has to look herself in the face. Make a smaller picture and use it flat, or cut out just her face from a larger photo.

2) Yes.

3) Send it to Paris, Texas, instead!

catherine yronwode

MrsSchaeffer2020

Unread post by MrsSchaeffer2020 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:59 pm

HI Miss Cat!

I was thinking to fold her face outwards at first but then in time I realized I had to make her face fit.

I posted when I was upset, so my thinking wasn't the best. Since it won't be going international, I can just use a bogus return address, right?

You have the best sense of humor. Thank you for your help.
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 pm

MrsSchaeffer2020 --

You are right on track -- use a fake return address!
catherine yronwode

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 am

Do Luckymojo bottle spells (the ones that already contain the herbs for $15) require any liquids (Hoyts Cologne ect). I'm thinking about ordering the Compelling bottle and want to know if I need to order anything else to put in it. Thanks to all who reply.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Hello DeborahHarris,

The only thing you would need to add to the fixed bottle spells is your personal concerns (or those of your target). That's it.

Good luck.

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Okay. Thanks Miss Athena. I asked because some people have been known to add vinegar to Break Up bottle spells ect. So I just wanted to be sure.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 am

"Bottle Up and Go!" is a brand new book by Catherine Yronwode and Lara Rivera, on sale now for pre-orders. It ships October 16th, 17th, and 18th, 2020 in time with the Virtual Hoodoo Heritage Festival, but if you plan to attend the Virtual Festival, you will get this book (and others) with your Workshop Box.

Bottle Up and Go! by cat yronwode and Lara Rivera

Use in Magic:
This foundational book of conjure methods will introduce you to more than 100 time-tested ways to cast magic spells for protection, love, luck, wealth, health, and revenge within a variety of containers including:
• Eggs, Bones, Shells, and Fruits
• Potted Plants and Hollow Trees
• Paper, Cloth, and Leather Packets
• Mojo Hands and Troll Bundles
• Doll-Babies and Loaded Statuary
• Glass Bottles and Jars
• Sugar, Cigar, and Match Boxes
• Mirror Boxes and Compacts
• Loaded Oil Lamps and Candles
• Ice Boxes and Freezers
• Black Hawk Buckets
• Scandinavian Spiritus Boxes
• Witch Bottles and Bottle Trees
• Jewish and Arabic Spirit Traps

Spell Methods:
Lucky Mojo Books are filled with authentic and easy to follow instructions for practical spells of magic and fortune-telling. Enhance your success in spells of love, luck, happiness, and wealth by learning time-tested folkloric traditions of hoodoo, rootwork, psychic reading, spiritual sorcery, and herbalism.

Product Details:
96-page paperback, illustrated

BOO-GRI-BUAG
Bottle Up and Go! by cat yronwode and Lara Rivera
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
https://www.luckymojo.com/bottleupandgo.html
catherine yronwode

Luckylady123

Unread post by Luckylady123 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi all!!
I have seen in my online research, several people making what they tern ‘hoodoo rum or whiskey jars’— the claim is that when they want something preserved they write a petition and put it in rum, whiskey, or alcohol as a ‘preservative’ to make it be ‘set’. For onstance to keep a job, house, lover, situation the way it is.

My question is— is this hoodoo? I do know honey is a preservative and one can do this w/ a honey jar & petition to keep things sweet.

I am sorry if this is answered somehwere already but I did search ‘rum’ and it didnt turn up.

Thank you all!! Blessings♥️

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 am

Hello Luckylady123,

Interesting question. I have seen these liquor preservative jars described online but I have not encountered them in my formal training in hoodoo (unless I've overlooked something). Perhaps the authors of this exciting new book can weigh in on the subject.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”