Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Buckeye Nut Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
snake

Buckeye Nut Questions and Answers

Unread post by snake » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm

I read on the site that a buckeye can be used for headaches. How would I do that? Should it be used in a mojo bag or sleep with it under my pillow or something else?

Lukianos

Re: Buckeye for Headaches?

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Buckeyes are most often used as pocket pieces by themselves, although they frequently find their way into mojo hands, as well.

snake

Unread post by snake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 pm

So I just need to carry it on me? It turns out the headaches might actually be a side effect of a prescription, so I have a doctors appointment. I don't know if spells are any good for prescription side effects.

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Spells are definitely not a substitute for appropriate medical attention and care--if your headaches are a prescription side-effect, your physician is far more likely to be of assistance to you than a buckeye. Though you might petition Dr. Jose Gregorio Hernandez, patron not-quite-a-saint of physicians and those seeking medical care and healing:
http://www.luckymojo.com/drhernandez.html

Good Luck!

tisha

Unread post by tisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:54 am

rosemary & lavender can help with the pain.
anoint your temples with a bit of the essential oil diluted with a base or inhale the herbs n a sachet.
do see your dr though.
side effects can be very serious and headaches can be the first warning sign of trouble ahead.
hope you feel better soon!
namaste.

snake

Unread post by snake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm

I saw my Dr. and the headaches stopped. I do tend to get menstrual migraines, so I'm going to work on something magical and comforting to keep by my pillow for when I have a migraine.

almondworld
Forum Member

Is it a sign...can't help to share with you

Unread post by almondworld » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:19 am

It happened 5 mins ago...I can't help to share with you... Two huge buckeye nuts hit my forehead...

I am going to start a spell which told by a AIRR rootworker from this newmoon. Buckeye nut is one of the herbs I need to use. Before I ordered 3 online, however one of them was broken, it reasonable considering the long distance shipping...And I started to pray to St. Joseph and God about two things since last Wednesday. Today morning I anoint my forehead with COS oil and Fast Luck oil when I pray psalm 23. About 15 mins ago, I went to my open-air balcony, put some newspaper and laid down to enjoy the sunshine. Suddenly, a wind blew two piece of newspaper to the backyard... I went there and collect newspaper, when I stood up... TWO HUGE BUCKEYE NUTS hit my forehead...Really HUGE, they are larger than 50p coin... I felt a little dizzy... :o

What I did today before dawn. I used sea salt and spring water to wash my body and face 7 times after I pray psalm 51 7 times. Used a egg to cleanse myself from head to toe. Burn some white sage in my room and lit a white candle dressed with fire of protection oil. Then pray to St Joseph... :lol: Around 1pm I went out, deposited my ritual remain to a crossroad (I said take all the bad luck from me, bring good luck to me...)and brought some food from store.

I have to say again and again, fast luck oil is really good. And use spring water to cleanse yourself if you can. It quite difference from using tab water. I read it from this forum, today is my first time to try it. :lol:

Wish you all good luck. BTW, if my petitions granted, I will share the spell with you all. :lol:

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Is it a sign...can't help to share with you

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 am

Signs are subjective so if you think it is a sign of your work then it probably is.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

DerekV
Forum Member

Re: Buckeye Nut Questions and Answers

Unread post by DerekV » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am

Hello all,
Im kind of new to this but I had a small question... I have a buckeye my grandfather gave me years ago and I have a small bottle of all purpose oil for luck, love , money ect. and some van van oil. Now I know that van van is used to open the road to new prospects and empower charms and amulets and with the all purpose drawing in what it does I was thinking of oiling the buckeye with the oils however im not to sure about a spell or blessing to use with it so my question is is there one I should use and is this a good idea ? Any help would be great. Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 am

The tradition of oiling Buckeye Nuts is special and peculiar to these curios and is not found with any other curio.

One is generally instructed to oil them by rubbing them alongside of one's nose, in the folds on the sides where humans have cells that make -- well, i guess most folks call it "nose oil" or "nose grease," but the proper name is "nasal sebum" -- you know, in that area where the oily pores can become clogged and cause blackheads if you don't keep them clean.

Well, that nose oil or nose grease is used to oil Buckeyes.

I have heard this told by so many people in the Buckeye-growing regions of America that i consider it to be genuine folk magic and folk belief.

I have been told it by both White and Black people, in the South, the Midwest, and the West Coast, and so i consider it to be a cross-cultural tradition. I have also been given the same instructions about Horse Chestnuts in Europe, where they, like Buckeyes in America, are also carried for health, luck, and to prevent headache and rheumatism.

I have also been told by European violinists that it is their custom to oil their wooden bows with nose grease.

You will not be able to oil the buckeye thoroughly this way in one or two or three passes. The nose oil is scanty. You will do it every day and the Buckeye will take on a beautiful deep glow.

Seriously, i would not use any other oil on a Buckeye but your own nose oil or nose grease.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 am

I have used Van Van Oil, just a tiny, tiny, bit to oil my buckeyes in the past, but feel much better using the nose! Makes it more personal of a connection, and shines them up real well!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 am

Buckeye Nut

Read more here:

http://herb-magic.com/buckeye.html

HER-BUC-WHNU
Buckeye Nut, Whole
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Joseph Magnuson

Earthwitch
Forum Member

Unread post by Earthwitch » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 am

I have a question Have you ever heard of loaded buckeye? What is the purpose and the tradition of this? I think I would like to have one. :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 am

Earthwitch: Yes, I have. They used to be filled with Mercury though, which is some bad news right there! You can read more about them here:

Buckeyes: http://www.luckymojo.com/buckeyes.html

...and check the listing at Herb Magic here: http://www.herb-magic.com/buckeye.html

I plan on making a few of them myself, very soon. Thank you for the post! It reminded me... :)
Joseph Magnuson

pdastan
Newly Registered

Unread post by pdastan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 am

Hello!
I have a buckeye nuts. I'd like to wrap a bill in buckeye, as they say in this site.
(http://www.herb-magic.com/buckeye.html)

To keep the bill in the place, can I stick with glue or duct tape?

I'm from Europe. Can I use a 5Euros bill? is the smallest bill.

Very grateful for your attention.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:11 pm

You can certainly use monies representative of your country.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

P82
Forum Member

Unread post by P82 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:18 am

The buckeye I have is one which was broken in half. I am on the search for a full time steady work position and have an interview next Friday at a pretty big company as a preschool teacher position. I am following Miss Cat's book where she stated to sprinkle Hoyts cologne on it daily every other day. Yet my main question is, is that is if it is only half of a buckeye will it not be effective and do I need a whole one?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:43 am

P82 -- i have never seen a broken half of a Buckeye nut used for anything. It is the beauty of the whole ones that is so wonderful to see and hold. Get a whole one.
catherine yronwode

P82
Forum Member

Unread post by P82 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 pm

will do. I agree the whole ones are awesome.

isaiah91
Forum Member

Do buckeye nut really work!!!! For money and sex

Unread post by isaiah91 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:00 am

I was thinking of getting a buckeyes nut.to bring money and to increase my sex life to things that have been lacking recently dose anyone know if they really works to keep one in my pocket

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Hello isaiah91,

I merged your post into the section that is all about buckeyes. Look this over for some ideas on working with a Buckeye. Before I answer your question I would like to point out that you came to a forum that is grounded in the use of a particular folk tradition and asked if a piece of that tradition actually works. That would be similar to asking a devout catholic if Saints can intercede on your behalf through prayer. Of course the devout catholic is going to say yes just as any moderator on this forum is going to tell you that having a buckeye can assist you with certain things. If you really want to know if this will work for you get one and try it out.

To your question about what a buckeye can do, I have heard of Buckeyes being used for money type work. I have also heard of it being used to help with male virility but I personally do not have experience using a buckeye to draw love and sex to you as it were. I would recommend working with some Attraction and Love Drawing products to bring folks to you for sex and keep the Buckeye around to give you the stamina to keep up!

Peace~

Nathen

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”