Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Cleaning, Blessing, and Consecrating Altar Tools from Varied Traditions

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
junipericefilter
Newly Registered

Cleaning, Blessing, and Consecrating Altar Tools from Varied Traditions

Unread post by junipericefilter » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 pm

I would love to have my Saint Padre Pio items blessed by you. You do not carry any items of Saint Padre Pio and I have found this man to have been a very interesting and strong healer. I have a couple of items that I would like to have blessed but I am not Catholic and this area is really strict in the Catholic community (something I cannot understand) If I sent these things to you would you be kind and bless them for me? I do not have a designated anointing oil and have not been able to find any. What do you suggest if you cannot bless and anoint them for me? :?: :?:

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Cleaning, Blessing, and Consecrating Altar Tools from Varied Traditions

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't think Lucky Mojo is in the business of blessing items from other sellers. However you could purchase All Saint's oil, Blessing Oil, or Holy oil and do it yourself.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 pm

No, lucky mojo is geared towards lucky mojo products. And the great thing about their products are that they are already blessed.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

coyalxauhqui

Unread post by coyalxauhqui » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 pm

I've never had a problem going to a priest and asking them to bless an item for me; I've had everything from rosaries to needlework blessed. That depends on what type of blessing you're looking for, of course - a Catholic priest blessing would be very different from a conjure one, I'm assuming, but if you're looking for a generic blessing, or something short term before you can get the oils you need, I wouldn't think there would be problems in that respect.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Miss cat is a reverend, but I don't know if they offering services like blessing items. You can seek out a Catholic priest and they will bless items for you. I have several blessed items, some of them very ritual-oriented and I never had an issue.

Rootworkers do offer the option of consecrating and fix items for you. There are several of us workers that offer this service. We can either make talismans, or you send us the objects and we fix them for you.

You can read more about it here: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... :Talismans
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:46 pm

As an inter-faith minister i do indeed bless items for people, and not religious items exclusively. I would be happy to do it, but you would need to send the items and return postage with a self-addressed mailer.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

mysterg

Unread post by mysterg » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey Folks,
I'm doing some work on writing a story, and I was curious about the idea of consecration of holy weapons. Now, I've read a lot of high fantasy, where the builders of holy weapons weave spell craft, runes, blessed metals and such into the creation of a holy relic by petitioning gods and such. My question is more down to Earth; how would a practitioner consecrate a holy weapon; what prayers would be used, and would you think that oils, fire, or some other type of petitioning would be used to something for, say, someone working on this in a modern setting?

(Trust me, I'm not going monster hunting any time soon, but the idea did come up as I was scrawling out some ideas for a story, and I thought I might at least ask about the subject here, as I thought people here wouldn't think I was odder than a ten-legged tap dancer for asking:)

Kind Regards,
Geo :D
Remember; where ever you're at, there you are:)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

It would really depend entirely on what magical tradition the maker was practicing.

Conjure doesn't really make too much use of ritual implements like daggers and such the way some other magical traditions do, but there are certainly a plethora of different condition products out there that one could use to fumigate or anoint an item that was important to them. Look to the Bible for likely passages they would pray.

That being said, the purpose of this forum is for the discussion of the use of Lucky Mojo products, so a purely theoretical occult topic such as this is kinda off target for here. ;)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Conjure doesn't rely on many ritual impliments. However conjure doctors do pray, bless, and empower talismans, amulets, and other objects. This is often done by dressing them with oils, praying over them, and smoking them in incense.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I think you may want to go to a different occult forum. We don't do "Holy Weapons" here.

This Forum is for Lucky Mojo customers.

Here you can meet and interact with Lucky Mojo's owners, Missionary Independent Spiritual Church workers, and several participants in the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, as well as a loyal and knowledgeable volunteer network of Lucky Mojo customers, clients, and friends.

In this forum, we can advise you about Lucky Mojo products, Missionary Independent Spiritual Church services, and how to contact AIRR readers at the AIRR site.

====================================

Hoodoo, What It Is:

I have written several books on hoodoo, and thousands of web pages. Here are some links that will help you get started with hoodoo and conjure practice;

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice (HITAP) Table of Contents:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Hoodoo History and Cultural Background:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (print book, description with sample entries online):
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course (print book, description with curriculum outline online)::
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course fan page at Facebook
You can become a fan and follow the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course on facebook.
http://facebook.com/Hoodoo.Rootwork.Cor ... nce.Course

====================================

Lucky Mojo Curio Co.: Who We Are:
Lucky Mojo manufactures hoodoo oils, incense, powders, spell kits, and candles. We grow our own herbs and we carry a full line of occult books, amulets, talismans, and religious goods.

Contact the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.:
LUCKY MOJO CURIO CO.
6632 Covey Road, Forestville, California 95436
voice: 707-887-1521
fax: 707-887-7128
email: order@luckymojo.com
Store Hours: Open 7 Days a Week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time

Lucky Mojo Curio Co. facebook fan page:
You can become a fan and follow the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. on facebook.
http://facebook.com/LuckyMojoCurio

Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Web site:
You can learn more about our occult and metaphysical supplies shop, read our catalogue of hoodoo and conjure oils, herbs, incense, and other Southern-style magical goods, and order products online at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. web site:
http://luckymojo.com/catalogue

Herb Magic Web site:
You can learn more about how roots, herbs, minerals, and zoological curios are used in conjure, read our catalogue of natural magical curios, herbs, roots, minerals, zoological specimens, and other Southern-style magical goods, and order these goods online at the Herb-Magic web site:
http://herb-magic.com

cat
catherine yronwode

mysterg

Unread post by mysterg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh, and folks, no worries; this post for info came out a theoretical discussion between myself and other folks about the subject after seeing this concept in a film; everyone had very creative and interesting theories, and as I've made study of Rootwork intently lately, I wanted to get, as it were, a second opinion. I have no intention (or need, thank God,) to do such things, I just wanted the opinion of those in the know.

Again, my thanks for your time, and I'll be sure to be a bit more selective about my topics.

Kind Regards,
Geo
Remember; where ever you're at, there you are:)

Faye Page
Newly Registered

Unread post by Faye Page » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Greetings all. So happy to be here, for what is my first post!

I have a simple question. Recently, I bought a small metal cauldron from a thrift store. It has a special place in my kitchen, away from all of the mundane tools, but very much in the heart of the home. Now my formal training falls primarily under the Italian American folk magic camp, but I was wondering if you all know of any down-home prayers or procedures for blessing such tools in Conjure or Hoodoo.

Much love,
Faye Page

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Faye Page --

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

Nope, cauldrons are not sacred items in hoodoo (rootwork, conjure) -- which is African American Christian folk magic. They are just kitchen or farm tools, used for cooking, rendering lard, soap-making, and stuff like that.

We do sell mini-cauldrons in our shop because customers who are observant in the religion of Wicca consider these small items sacred, much as Christians consider tiny crosses to be sacred reminders of the full-sized cross on which Jesus died, and they may use them as heat-proof containers in which to burn incense or herbs. In fact, we host a weekly podcast called "The Witch, The Priestess, and the Cauldron," which deals with European ancient and revival religious practices. Check out the show -- and send a message to the co-hosts Elvyra and Miss Phoenix asking for your question to be dealt with on their program, and i bet they will have a LOT of information for you. This is the show's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/witchpriestesscauldron/

ALT-CAU-CI03
Cauldron, Cast Iron, 3"
$8.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
catherine yronwode

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 pm

You're in luck, Elvyra and Miss Phoenix hosted a show on Cauldrons in 2016.

You can listen to the re-broadcast here:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/misclmcrad ... -cauldrons

Enjoy!
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Faye Page
Newly Registered

Unread post by Faye Page » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Thank you all for the thoughtful answers and insight. I will check out the above listing for "The Witch, The Priestess, and the Cauldron." Also, I feel I have a better handle now on how to navigate the forum. :)

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”