Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
intrigued
Newly Registered

Re: pink vs red candles for love

Unread post by intrigued » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

hello, a while back i had a dream that someone told me to burn a white candle, in the dream i did and watched it burn down all the way, it went down almost instantly and the wax was all over the place.

Another dream i had was that i was like in a hall where some type of party was to take place, and the centerpieces on all the tables were pink candles there were A LOT. and i lit all of them.

was this a literal sign to burn these candles?? I broke up with my boyfriend 5 months ago and dream with him every so often and then i had these dreams, With in the past 2 months we have begun communicating again. so just trying to figure it out. Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Can candles be set on foil or wax paper?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:18 pm

I think foil is sort of make-shift looking. I use brass dishes and plates under my candles.

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Cat your plates look just like mine! So do you burn directly on top of the brass? There is no need to use foil or sand or dirt to protect the plate or to package up spell wax remains easier?
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:03 pm

I set small candles in star candle holders on the plates or in brass candle holders. I want to read the wax. Since i am a candle-maker, a quick heating on the gas stove melts the wax and i can recycle it by pouring it into my wax containers to use it to make new candles.
catherine yronwode

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks for sharing another great tip. I am learning to read the wax as well so this is good information for me.

I never thought of reusing the wax, is that only when its done for candle divination spells? I thought we had to always properly dispose of the candle wax remains either by burying or throwing into a river etc.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Bella, 99 out of 100 people are not candle-makers, so their choice is to throw the candle wax in the trash, like garbage, or to ritually dispose of it as an empowered spell-remnant. Obviously, given those choices, ritual disposal is the only proper action,

However, if you are a candle maker, you have a third choice, and you will realize the value of the wax and the magical power of re-using it. I describe this at length and in detail in my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course. Miss Michaele has also written here of re-using wax to make new candles. It's a way of intensifying the work, refining it again and again. Not for everyone, but for those who have the time, the tools, and the talent, it is the best way to deal with left-over wax.
catherine yronwode

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 am

Yet another great reason to take your course, not that I needed another reason! I plan on hopefully taking your course soon, I need to get a few things settled before starting it.

Im going to look for Miss Michaele's posts that you mentioned. When I buried the wax remains of the candle spell I finished I was wondering if it would somehow be beneficial to take that wax and somehow rework it. In my opinion the herbs and oils that were used on the candle in theory should have been intensified bc of the heat of the flame and the intent and amount of time prayed over it.

I cannot wait to take your course, if you will allow me that is! I've learned so much on your website already but would love to learn alot more of the history and theory and of course how to personalize rootwork. Thank you so much for creating a wonderful forum to learn as much as I have already but it makes me crave for more :)

Cortana
Beeswax, Soy Wax, Paraffin (Petroleum) Wax Candles?

Unread post by Cortana » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 am

Is there any particular advantage to using a beeswax candle as opposed to a petroleum wax (paraffin) or soy wax candle?

I figure I'd ask as I used a beeswax candle to start off a new honey jar. You know, get things "buzzing" in the right direction. 8-)
∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・:*・∵.☆:*・∵.☆.・∴.・∵☆:*・∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・*・

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Beeswax, Soy Wax, Paraffin (Petroleum) Wax Candles?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am

One way that I was taught to use beeswax candles traditionally is on ancestor altars or altars honoring dead family members. I am a big fan of beeswax because it burns very clean (important for people with respiratory issues), and it contains certain elements---like its sweet fragrance--which make it great for love work, money work, and lots of other positive types of work. Using a beeswax candle on a honey jar is great.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

Very useful information Miss Bri.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 am

We sell all three types of candles at Lucky Mojo. Our beeswax tapers are pure beeswax, our 4" candles are soy wax, and our 6", jumbo, pull-out, figural, metallic taper, and vigil candles are paraffin (petroleum) wax.

I personally prefer beeswax, but for most people (including myself) it is too expensive for everyday use. Even the Catholic church, which during my youth and young adulthood specified that all church candles must be 100% beeswax, made the decision, decades ago, to insist on 51% beeswax and 49% paraffin wax, in order to lower costs.

Remember, hoodoo is primarily the folk magic of people who are not wealthy. A light is a light, and the fact that we still retain candles as part of our conjure magic in this era of electric lights is a wonder in and of itself. Asking which kind of fuel for that flame is "better" -- a question that may carry the unintended implication of questioning whether someone's simple little paraffin candle is as "powerful" or "sacred" or "magical" as your expensive beeswax candle -- is like asking "is my couture dress prettier than that off-the-rack dress?" You know the answer: "pretty is as pretty does." A beeswax candle burned in support of an unrighteous cause is less acceptable in God's eyes than a household emergency candle burned in support of the truth.

But, all that having been said, beeswax candles are often better tolerated by people with respiratory issues than paraffin candles, as Bri explained. And they do smell sweet and resonate well with honey jars. :-)
catherine yronwode

Cortana

Unread post by Cortana » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 am

I think I should start using them to start off honey jars, especially love ones. You know, since bees always come back to their queen. ^_^
∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・:*・∵.☆:*・∵.☆.・∴.・∵☆:*・∵.:*・☆.☆.。.:*,★ :*・∵.:☆.。.:*・*・

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Saved to my file of things to think / journal about:
A beeswax candle burned in support of an unrighteous cause is less acceptable in God's eyes than a household emergency candle burned in support of the truth.
Some things just have a ring of truth about them . . .
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 am

I really agree with what miss cat said--there is no one "better" candle in these situations. To my mind it makes the most sense to offer all choices which Lucky Mojo does--that way each individual can choose what works best given their situation and budget.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

TKdubb

Offeratory Candles or Glass Vigil Candles

Unread post by TKdubb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 am

I am getting ready to place an order for a few things but I am not sure which candles to get. I am planning on setting lights with offeratory candles and dressing them with Follow Me Boy and Stay With Me oils to use on my baby's father. I originally planned on using offeratory candles until I saw on the directions for candle setting with the oils that if I want the spell to be ongoing, I should get a fixed and prepared Love Me Glass Encased Vigil Candle and burn it over my petition. My question is, does that mean that the offeratory candles only work for a temporary amount of time and if I want this spell to last for good I have to use the vigil candles. Also, if I use the vigil candles, do I still need to dress them in oils? How do I dress them, if so? I know I have tons of questions, but I'm new to this and I want to make sure I do everything right. Thanks in advance. :)

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Re: Offeratory Candles or Glass Vigil Candles

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:02 am

The vigil comes dressed. But no, the result doesn't last 'for good'. I'd work 4' candles on a honey jar or something like that on a regular basis, then work the vigils for back-up or a boost.
HRCC Graduate #1610

TKdubb

Unread post by TKdubb » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:02 am

Ok, thank you for telling me that. I was previously reccommended to get the a honey jar and I am definitely going to get everything I need for that but I also decided I would do a break up and reconcile spell as well. I am going largely by what is found here http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html using the figural candles though I am molding it to better suit my needs. I did notice in the final paragraph it said I could burn the candles of the course of 3 or 7 days OR I could pull an all night marathon job and burn it all at once.I have a question about that. Could I start my ritual by lighting all three of the candles at midnight and they would be finished burning before dawn or would it take longer for the candles to burn?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 am

i'd work a figural candle over 7 days.

break up work during waning moon. reconciliation work during waxing moon. but if your need is urgent, then reconciliation work at dawn (start of the day), break-up at sun down or late at night.
HRCC Graduate #1610

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: pink vs red candles for love

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:52 am

It could have been a sign but no one here can tell you that for sure. You can inquire about your dreams with an AIRR worker.

www.readersandrootworkers.com
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:32 am

You can go either way on this one, and what is most conveient for you in terms of time. Some people would go with the love me dressed vigil candle as it is all ready to go, and it may save you a bit of money. However, if you want to be slightly more discret you may go with the offeratory candles, and dress them with the oils each day you should to light them. Its really not about is one candle more effective than the other but more about personal preference. I can burn a pink offeratory candle over 7 days (burn a portion each day) and get the same result with a glass vigil candle.

I would start off with a stay with me spell kit as it has EVERYTHING you would need, and it comes with directions. That is the best way to go since you are new to hoodoo.

As for when the candles would burn out...it really depends on the nature of the candles. We can't tell you if they will be burned out before dawn, but they should be especailly if you have a lot of products on them, but things vary.

I would highly recommend that you get a consultation to make sure that you are doing things correctly for your situation. You can get a consultation from a professional rootworker here...www.readersandrootworkers.com

TKdubb

Unread post by TKdubb » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 am

Thank you so much for both of your responses, they are very helpful. After days of deep research have learning so much more than I knew when I posted this topic. I decided to go a different directon that would better suit my current situation. managed to find a fairly simple spell that I could add corresponding oiils and powders to in order to perform the proper work I need done. I will be using figural candles for the spell to do the exact work and I will be backng the spell up with either dressed vigl candles or a honey jar depending on the circumstances. A honey pot is a little harder to explan if it is discovered when my mom is actually home so it just depends on f she will be home when I recieve the shipment. That site is actually the one that lead me here. I do greatly want to get a consultation but being that I recently lost my job, money is extra tight. I had a close friend loan me some money to be able to purchase everything until my taxes return. Untl then, I wont be able to afford a reading but thank you for your recommendaton.

sunstallion

White Candles vs. Color Candles

Unread post by sunstallion » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 am

I was told that if I can't find specific color candle for what I am doing. I can substitute white candle for that color candle because white candle is for everything. But because I am a cheap, more like frugal person. The way I am spending money is to get the most best out of the product with the least expense as possible. I found a deal that I can buy a bulk of white candles that is cheaper than buy several color candles.

So, I would like to ask you guys in here: If I use white candle, would the white color candle is as strong, effective as color candle ? for example: if i ask for money, I should use green candle, but if I use white candle, would it work as effective as green candle ? or pink candle for love, but I use white color, would the white color work as effective as the pink color for love ?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: White Candles vs. Color Candles

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 am

Using colored candles are often used to correspond with the work they are doing. I like to get the color candle because it adds to the energy and intentions of my work. It helps to communicate my objectives to the universe, God, Saints, spirits, etc. This does not mean if you do not use the corresponding color of the particular work that it will fail, but it definitely will add the energy, and intentions of the work.

If you ask for money, you can use different colors other than green, which are purple, yellow, and even gold. Using a white candle for love or money can be effective but just make sure you are praying and communicating your intentions effectively. In addition, make sure you are using other ingredients such as herbs, powders, and oils. But white candles are useful when you do not have the right color candle, and that is all you can get your hands on. Just back up your intentions strongly, and believe in what you are doing. Do not let your doubts creep in because you think in the back of your mind you shouldve used a green candle rather than a white candle.

sunstallion

Unread post by sunstallion » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 am

I sure can buy green, yellow, or gold candle. But because I find that white candle is usually cheaper than color candle. That's why I may go with white for everything just because I am cheap. But I also want to make sure that whether white is as strong as the specific color for specific spell.

But if you tell me that white candle is not as strong as green for money, more pink for love, then I rather buy green and pink instead of white just because they have the stronger vibration.

My intention is always the same, no matter what. But I mean different intention for different magics. But with the same level of seriousness and consistency.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 am

If you are just trying to be cheap, but have the ability to get green candles or any other color than I would get those. However, at lucky mojo all colors are the same price but it depends on the size and/or figural representation of the candle.

Like I said, the colors reflect your intentions, and can add to your intentions and energy of the work. It is not about level of seriousness and/or consistency. But you may get better results depending upon your level of skill. I think if you are new to hoodoo or perhaps less skilled it is always best to go with the actual colors before one tries to substitute. But you can work with white but you still need to have strong conviction, prayers, etc to help with the spellwork just like you would with the correct color. You need to believe in it, and not feel like if you dont use a green or pink candle for those works you would be lacking.

I did not say that white would not be as strong for money or love but that it is more about adding energy to the work. It is always best to go with things that help focus your intentions, but if you have to use white then use white, but the color correspondences further focus your intentions specifically on what you ask for

You can further read these threads
can-you-use-a-white-glass-encased-candl ... s1080.html
using-white-candles-for-negative-works--t8191s90.html
can-you-use-dominate-her-oil-on-a-white ... 8s630.html

In addition Cat said this purple-candle--t721s390.html
catherineyronwode wrote:I have used white canldes for all kinds of work, from love spells to death spell. The use of coloured candles dates back to the publication of "A Candle to Light Your Way" (1940) by Mikhail Strabo and "The Master Book of Candle Burning (1942) by Henri Gamache. Charmaine Dey, in "The Magic Candle" (1960s) was telling the tradition truly when she said you can use a white candle for anything.

So, yes, i have used white candles. Coloured candles too. Oil lamps also -- with or without coloured lamp oil. I do like the colours, and they do help carry my ideas, but i don't rely on them exclusively.

It's like working by the Moon, and working on your period (for ladies) and working with herbs you grew versus those you bought... the more you can do to put your work ahead, the better -- but don't stop or step beack from the work because you lack the means to get the "right" candle or the "right" herb.

It's about the WORK more than it is about the tools.

If God only listens when we get down on our knees to pray, then the preachers would not allow old folks with arthritis to come to church.

Think about it.

Everybody has a right to help themselves, a white candle is always acceptable -- and if you have no candle at all, and no means to obtain one, then you may call upon the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to be the light that guides you.

TheGrudge
White Candles

Unread post by TheGrudge » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Is That True You Can Use White Candles or any For Compelling Or Commanding Someone And Not purple ? or do you have to use purple

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: White Candles

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 pm

White candles are used for spiritual blessings, purity and healing. They area also recommended to attract a new love. Purple candles are used in spells for mastery, power, compelling, control and commanding work. And white is used when the suggested color is not available or accessible.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: White Candles

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

please read about white candles vs other colors here

candle-choices-shapes-&-forms,-colours, ... 68s30.html

SInce you are a newbie, it would be best that you use the work that corresponds to the work as it adds energy to the work when you use the color. So you should use purple.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour which explains color symbolism.

In addition, you may want to look through the online book here... www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

holly2004

candles for love?

Unread post by holly2004 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 am

Im wondering if i order just candles would they help my situation? its for a love problem??

do i need more?

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: candles for love?

Unread post by aura » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 am

Candle burning can help in many situations. Either you can burn the candles or you can also have them set by the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church who will give you a burn report once the vigil is done (more about this by the following link: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html).

That said ''do i need more?'' is pretty impossible to answer without more detail concerning your situation. It's like asking: ''I'm making a sundae: I have ice cream, cherries and chocolate sauce - do I need anything else?''

If you're trying to make a butterscotch sundae: the ingredients are all wrong. If you're trying to make a quick and easy chocolate sundae: you have the right ingredients. Would it be more decadent if you added brownies? No doubt. But I digress, you get the idea :D

Given that every situation is different - also consider getting a reading by one of the members of the AIRR in order to provide specific insight pertaining to your problem. (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ootworkers)

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: candles for love?

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 am

ditto and great metaphore aura!!!
Good luck Holly2004!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

ElectroKid

Female Candle Or 7 Day candle

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Hello

which candle should i use for love ? red female candle or a 7 day red candle which one is better

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Female Candle Or 7 Day candle

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 pm

There is no "better", they are used in very different ways, and it would depend on what kind of work you were looking to perform as to which would be more appropriate.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:54 pm

for her to go goofy over me love me like crazy ? thats what i want really

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 pm

You can use the red Eve candle, carve the target's name or (you can include a petition-your wish as indicated above) place the candle on a name-paper or a picture of the target. Dress it Love Me, Look Me Over, Follow Me Girl. Alternatively, you can use the red vigil and load it with the same oils and petition as the Eve candle. The Eve candle gives you a visual of your target.

Love Me (http://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html)
Look Me Over (http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html)
Follow Me Girl (http://www.luckymojo.com/products-follow-me-girl.html)

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:58 pm

thanks jwmcclin :)

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:21 pm

should i use my Urine and rub on the candle

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Are you trying to cleanse the candle with the urine, or dominate the individual..if so then yes.

ElectroKid

Unread post by ElectroKid » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 pm

dominate

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student
Re: Re: Adam & Eve Moving Candles vs Reconciliation / Love Candl

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:I would do the moving candle spell, and then back it up later with a fixed come to me vigil jar.
Stars, what is a come to me vigil JAR? Is that like a come to me honey jar? Thanks..
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Adam & Eve Moving Candles vs Reconciliation / Love Candles?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 pm

BestofLife -- "Jar candle" is just another name for a "vigil light" or "glass encased candle"
catherine yronwode

luckyboy
Purple Love?

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:29 am

I know red and pink candles are normally used in conjure for love. but i noticed that with the bewitching products the vigil candle in some pictures i saw on LM are purple. is this because purple is used to on the mind command and control or is it for another reason? if so please explain..... and with that being said could i use other love oils to dress a purple candle like love me, follow me, cleo may, and so on? if so what effect would that have?.... and last question could i use bewitching on other color candles like red or pink? thanks for taking the time out to read :-) Bless you all

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Purple Love?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 am

Purple is often used in personal empowerment work, and often in controlling other people's actions. Bewitching is both a form of empowerment for the user giving an enchanting bewitching quality, and is meant to enrapture and ensorcel those around the user.

So, I wouldn't use purple for Love Me, or more straight-forward love/romance uses. Red and pink would be more appropriate. But if you were wanting to work with a controlling/compelling-type of love work, then purple may very well work nicely.

Yes, you could use Bewitching with red or pink, though I would lean towards red more than pink, since Bewitching is a more forceful and entangling sexual energy, rather than a gentle romantic energy that pink resonates with.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 am

Purple represents mastering and conquering and with Bewitching that is what you doing.

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you guys.. devi you said bewitching will bewitch those around me.. what if the person is not in my immediate presence? if i carve the persons name in to a purple candle and anoint with bewitching oil does this assist in making the person bewitching to other people or bewitched by me? haha i hope i worded that clearly..
oh and a product like follow me boy better on purple or red?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:22 pm

You are petitioning to bewitch your target for your purposes, not other people luckylulu. I would use pink with follow me boy because you want your target to be attracted to you in a romantic and passionate way.

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 pm

lol thanks Jwmcclin as you can tell i think alot.. so carving his name in the candle is fine... I have experimented alot on my own with conjure from when i was a little girl through things i learned in my dreams. I just find it so amazing to now have others with knowledge to help assist me and share knowledge. Thank youuuu. Blessings

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 pm

why is blue used for stay with me? and what effect would stay with me have if used on red? and what about pink? thanks guys you are being very helpful appreciate it very much

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 pm

If you carve the other persons name on to the candle it represents them. So you are working on them. Then it depends on your prayer and your intentions with them. Do you want the person to be bewitching to others? Do you want that person to be bewitched by you?

Purple candles can be thought of as authorative force. This can be used as protection (Fiery Wall of Protection, Protection), to influence families when wanting a marriage with their son/daughter or straighing or that limit testing teenager (Honey Jar, Love Oils, etc.), adding that force to the nature of oneself (strength, power, mastery) or handling money (Money Stay with Me, Pay Me) and making someone severely depressed (Crossing Products, Influence Products + Dark Arts Products) and so on.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:58 pm

oh wow perfect dr johannes i can put marriage oil on purple? what about stay with me? or is it better on blue

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Only if you think that "authorative power" is what would have the best influence on the target. It is a bit like demanding "Marry Me!" - it might work on a lazy man, who is not paying attention to his love life but Devi is right. Love usually works best when being presented in a loving and gentle way.
Same goes with Stay With Me. Is he someone who needs the limits to be clear and prefers a strong willed woman or is he more motivated by affection and sweet love?
If you do not know who your target is, but is just aiming to draw a man worth a marriage - then consider the type of man you want. You want a man who accepts you as the boss? Then purple might be the choice. Blue is a generally a better choice if you do not know your target.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm

To learn more about the symbolism behind different candle colors, read this very informative article on candle burning:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Also consider picking up a couple of books on candle burning, such as The Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache, or The Magic Candle by Charmaine Day,
both of which you can get through Lucky Mojo: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:18 pm

perfect thanks guys.. i did read the candle page devi but ill def check the book out... youre the best

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

i deem this thread to be of great importance to anyone who has a general curiosity towards color correspondence as well as the many ways to approach and deal out some work. Once again Devi Spring, Johannes and jwmcclin have done the forum great service by answering a question in a very thorough way. Very nice to have read this today!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks Miss Cat for clarifying that. That is what I meant.

luckyboy
what difference does candle size make?

Unread post by luckyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 pm

1) can someone please help me understand the difference in using a 4 inch candle and a 6 inch candle?

2) does the burn time of a 6 inch make it more effective or powerful than a 4 inch? or is it about the energy you put in to it?

I just want to know what the major differences are between the two sizes other than the obvious difference being the size of the candle. thank you

theusurper

Re: what difference does candle size make?

Unread post by theusurper » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't think the size of the candle make more effective or powerful, i think is the intention, energy and focus in your work. Is my personal opinion.

luckyboy

Unread post by luckyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 pm

I was thinking the same thing , but then I thought why is there a 6inch and a 4 you know? like obviously the vigil candles would do longer work like novenas but 4 & 6 inch seem so close so what's he real reason behind it if any.. thanks for your input theusurper

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Really, energy and prayer is the most imporant part you put into any ritual or working. Candle color and choice will help, but I've had good results from a 4 inch light and good results from a tea light, and absolutely nothing happen with a 7 day vigil light. It depends on your focus, preparation, and concentration.

I'm reminded of the words of the wonderful conjure worker Lara Rivera when she told me: "Size only matters when it comes to men." >:)

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I burn 4" candles on honey jars, for general "quick-burn" work, and as a cost effective "freebie" candle for friends and family. I use 4" candles on work that may last more than 2 or 3 days and needs to be a fresh candle each day. I also use these when consecrating an amulet or other such thing that needs to be placed under a bowl to have a candled burned "on" it.

I burn 6" candles for longer burn times. If I am doing something that I want to last for longer than the 4" candles i will burn the 6" candles. They have more space for rolled herbs as well as for writing names and petitions on. They are majestic in their own right, and for me, work great when I need larger candles to encircle or make a triangle around my altar work.

The main difference is burn time and area. You can use each for a multitude of spells and work, but I have my favorite candle sizes set for certain work.

Good question though. Hopefully we can get some great answers and ideas on this thread!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”