Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Angelkitty
Re: Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 am

Sorry for all of the questions, but I just wanted to check, when you say keep her with the rest of the work, do you mean with the black eve candle from the break up spell or the red Adam and Eve candles from the break up spell?

Thank you x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Hello, Angelkitty,

I would keep her with the break up work (if this were me).

Good luck with this
HRCC Graduate #1631

Naexis

Unread post by Naexis » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Does the quality of a candle have any effects on the effectiveness of spells and candlework? When I ran out of LM chime candles, I bought some inexpensive ones but they're pretty messy. The wax pillars up the sides and drips like crazy. I have every intention of getting more black cat brand from LM - those are much better! But I was wondering if using subpar candles makes your work subpar?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Naexis ,

Of course the quality matters. many compaines sell hoodoo oils but they are just sented oil with no life in them so it matters. poorly made candles will give messy burns and not necessarily effect the work but gives hard to read residue in the wax IE before I found LM I burned a 7 day candle from a local shop the wick swayed within the wax and at one point was against the glass ( due to how it was made) so of course it burned bad and was a mess.. but you get what you pay for! Now you know stick with LM!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Naexis

Unread post by Naexis » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Yes, as soon as I get my ducks in a row I'll see about getting some more LM candles. But that might be a little while.. so just to reiterate, burning these messy ones does or doesn't make the work less effective?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello, Naexis

Junk products = junk work.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi All --

Well, I guess I'm posting this as a heads up re: candle use in a rental, and someplace to get solace. Evidently, after 9 years of living in a rental, and having a regular candle and lamp practice, the soot damage was pretty extensive. I lucked out -- I'm somehow not getting charged for it, but my manager said at my new place, no more candles.

I'm guessing also no more lamps. And really easy on the incense, too.

This upsets me... my spiritual/magical practice is a pleasure because of candles and incense. And well, the results were great. But it is damaging, even if you are diligent about keeping things clean. I'm sad. Yes, I know MISC is there for Candle Services, and I will continue ask them for their wonderful help. but well... I love candles. I'm sad I can't use them in my new place.

What also worries me is that the lamp work I was doing just has to stop. I'm concerned about that. I'm not sure how to turn that into continuous work now...

Anyway, just heads up, Hoodoo practicing renters: read your lease carefully, and be aware that some methods of working simply won't be allowed. Thankfully, there are many ways to do Hoodoo... but, boy, I will miss my candles...and I had a dressed one ready to use for a future working... I have to think of something...sigh...

Thanks, All, for being here.

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

luckycat13

Unread post by luckycat13 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 am

Couldn't this be avoided by burning primarily soot free soy or beeswax candles, dressed with the appropriate Lucky Mojo conjure oils?

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 am

Well, no candles are entirely soot free. Soy candles still contain paraffin.

It's the burning and the smoke that causes staining. And well... I'm just not allowed to burn candles of any kind. And certainly not the oil lamp...which worries me.. I had some real work cooking in it.

I may be burning candle outside this summer... but not possible in MN winters. *sigh*..

Thanks for the advice though, luckycat...

Murphy

luckycat13

Unread post by luckycat13 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:52 pm

If you are simply not allowed to burn candles at all, per your agreement, then I do see your dilemma and burning outside seems like an option.

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Hello,

I was just looking in the LM store and I was curious to know what the black cat figural candle would be used for? I've only used witch and Adam and Eve figural candles before.

Thanks x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Hello, Angelkitty ,

Here's the page with the answers:

www.luckymojo.com/blackcat.html

Now, in addition to what Miss cat says, I have also used it for other things. Including naming and baptizing it if I wanted to do a healing spell on a black cat.

Anyway, enjoy reading the page I gave you

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priya1220

Unread post by Priya1220 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 am

Sorry for all the questions i have been asking around here.

I have white votive candles, and want to know if it is okay to use these white candles for love work on my ex. i would have gotten red before but at the store, they were all scented. I cant afford to buy any online right now (or else i would be buying some on LM right now), so that's why i want to know if i can use white for now.
The oils i would be using on it are reconciliation, balm of gilead, return to me and bewitching.

Hopefully the white will be sufficient enough as i really need to light a candle on my situation right now as i caused a fight last night and want to put better energy out there between us to heal what happened, and for him to forgive me and for it to not ruin any chances of us getting back together.

Also these candles were cheap and are basically white emergency votive candles. I haven't been able to afford higher quality candles due to unemployed atm. :( hopefully they will work. :(

also The only other oils i own are attraction. And then come to me mixed with reconciliation

Reason: didnt realize miss cat answered this on pg 1

Lazulum

Unread post by Lazulum » Tue May 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi, I'd like to know which colors of candles would go well with a pretty hot protection and cleansing oil blend. I'm getting Protection, FWP, Cast Off Evil, and Run Devil Run. The purpose is to repel the negative influences of people at work or home who cause problems, and also the Cast Off Evil is for helping remove my own unhelpful thoughts/tendencies.

So what goes with that? Orange seems to match the heat, White is all-purpose, Black can be used to remove or repel things... Seems like a lot of choices, and I don't have the experience with candle magic to pick.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 am

White is for lots more than "all-purpose" -- it is also for blessing, healing, and new beginnings. For instance, white wax is used for Protection and Cast Off Evil vigil lights. i think that white may be a good choice on that account.

You also do not need to limit yourself to one candle or one candle.

Consider a trio. With a symbol of yourself in the center of the triangle, such as a talisman who might be dressing with the oils.

Or consider four candles -- white for you in the center, surrounded by red (Run Devil Run is red), orange (Fiery Wall of Protection is Orange), black (although Protection is white, generally, i would use black here), and in the center, white for Cast off Evil. The four candles would be inscribed as with their separate commands. The center candle would, in addition, be inscribed with your name. Place a handwritten copy of Psalms 91 under the central candle and on top of that, the talisman you have dressed. Turn a plate over=top the talisman and set the central candle on that. Now it is higher than the other candles. They would all be dressed with the blended oil. As they burned, you would move them away from the central candle, outward along a four-way crossroads path.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lazulum

Unread post by Lazulum » Wed May 06, 2015 10:57 am

Oh, a moving candle spell would be an excellent idea! With long-burning candles, I could leave them burning (safely) at home to back up the effectiveness of the anointed talisman.

For the talisman, nothing could be more perfect than my favorite Fire Agate pocket stone. Check out its gemstone properties: "Deflects any hostility sent your way; reflects some of it back to sender-- not all of it, but just enough to teach them to stop sending it your way."

Not just the description matches, but the colors are the same as you mentioned for the candles! This particular stone is a beautiful blend of milky white quartz, bright orange agate, deep red jasper, and veins of black chalcedony. I'm not one to see correspondences everywhere I look... but this one is just too good to pass up!

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello, Lazulum ,

Yes, keep us posted, please!

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priya1220

Unread post by Priya1220 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:21 am

I am going to use a dominating oil with the intention of keeping women away from my ex. My question is, what color candle do i need to use for this?
Can purple be used? Or does it need to be black in this situation?

Thanks in advance. :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Hello, Priya1220 ,

Purple is perfect!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

fanofmagic

Adjustable stamped Brass Star Candle Holder

Unread post by fanofmagic » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 am

Hi
ive read that this candle holder is adjustable, will it have no trouble being adjusted to hold the 9" REVERSIBLE JUMBO CANDLE (BLACK OVER RED)?
Please answer.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello, fanofmagic,

No, they will not hold the jumbo candles.

Also, we know you are new. So, please be mindful of NOT writing in Large caps (against the forum rules). I have edited this and have put it in small caps.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

APone

Unread post by APone » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

I am trying to decide which color candle to use in a working for victory over an enemy. I am having a hard time choosing between red for Mars, etc. Purple for dominance, and black for cursing the enemy. Do any of you have any ideas about these colors for a victory over an enemy spell?
Thanks!

black-bird82
NEED HELP PICKING A CANDLE

Unread post by black-bird82 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently had a slip & fall injury which caused permanent injury to my back. I will be needing lifelong treatment. My attorney is about to begin negotiations with the insurance company & I want to pick a candle for Lucky Mojo to do a setting of lights. Which candle would be best for my situation to make sure we get a good settlement?

THank you!

AlyssaH
HRCC Student
Re: NEED HELP PICKING A CANDLE

Unread post by AlyssaH » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:04 pm

black-bird82

Court Case if going to court, Pay Me for negotiations.

www.luckymojo.com/courtcase.html

www.luckymojo.com/payme.html
HRCC Student #1989

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Hello, APone ,

I always use Purple for Victory

Good luck with your spell

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Star Anise

Unread post by Star Anise » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:13 am

Just wondering on which figure candles I would chose for a Transgender target; I'm debating on a break up spell (waiting for guidance in another thread regarding this) but I figure it can't hurt to have some on hand...

My target is female to male transgender, meaning he was born female but identifies, lives his life and is precieced by others as male. He is also going through the transition by taking male hormones. I know that candles are meant to be more of a symbolic thing, so am I correct to assume that I can chose male figure candles to represent him?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am

Hello, Star Anise ,

You would use the birth gender.

Wishing you success with your spells.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Star Anise

Unread post by Star Anise » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks Miss Anita,

I ask because I read on a separate thread here that if one has undergone sex reassignment surgery to use a candle that corresponds to their chosen sex. Another person also said that even if they haven't undergone any surgeries to use a candle that corresponds to their chosen sex because that is their energy and that is how they are precieved. I wanted another opinion because the info seemed a little muddy.

I'll do more research on this matter; personally, I worry that using a candle of their birth gender when they don't associate with that anymore can cause resentment and hurt feelings, and the last thing I want is to make them feel like their decision to live as a man is not valid or that I don't accept them that way. To me, he is a man who just happens to have been born in the wrong body.

Thank you for answering my question! Much appreciated. :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello, Star Anise,

My name is not Anita, but it's better than a nasty word! LOL

I could have sworn that, in another thread, you said that he was more masculine.

Please do what feels right for you to do.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Star Anise

Unread post by Star Anise » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Miss AIDA haha,

My apologies, I'm on my iPad and forgot to fix the autocorrect.

I should have been more clear in the other thread; his birth sex is female, but he lives life, identifies and presents as male and has a very male energy about him. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I feel that I should use an Adam candle to represent him, so I will go ahead and do that.

Thank you again!

gypsywitchxxx

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Not sure if this is in the right category or not but I made my own blockbuster candle & used a yellow candle and dressed it with the blockbuster oil to remove ALL obstacles from my work that is being done. Is that the proper color for that & if so can I burn it alongside my honey jar & red return to me candle?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello, gypsywitchxxx

Here is the link to the spell and you can check out the colors: www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

I would perform this spell first

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

gypsywitchxxx

Spells to Force Coerce Dominate Control Command Ex to Return

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:32 am

Can I use a black skull candle to put good thoughts to return to me or should it be white? I'm not sure if this is even in the right category, so forgive me if its not. I'm wanting to carve his name on it along with the thoughts I want him to have of me & I was planning on sticking 9 pins thru it.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:33 am

Hello gypsywitchxxx,

I moved your post to the correct thread. Please search the forum for the appropriate threads rather than posting randomly like this.

No, you want to use a white or red skull candle for this purpose. Black is for cursing.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Innocence
Brass Star Candle Holder

Unread post by Innocence » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:12 am

I just tried the 4" star candle holder today and I really like it. When a free standing candle is near the end of its burn, the wick tends to fall down and extinguish itself leaving wax residue. But with the star candle holder, the wick will lean against the support at the base and suck up the melted wax resulting in a cleaner burn.

carsan

Unread post by carsan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi, I recently had to do a quick uncrossing and protection candle spell and ritual for myself. I was afraid my ex boyfriend cursed me as bad luck set in strong and fast. I did not have enough time to order and wait for supplies.

I had a new unfixed white ritual candle. I had uncrossing and evil be gone oils LM brand and LM brand fiery wall of protection powder incense.
I wrote my petition for my to be uncrossed. Put my name and date of birth. Wrote uncrossing nine times over my name. Folded the petition paper three times away from me turning counter clockwise 90 degrees each time. I then wrote in sharpie on the candle my name do and uncrossing 9 times. I dressed the candle with uncrossing oil three strokes away from me from bottom to top. Prayed psalms. Stated my intention. I'm burning the cable on the petition paper.

1) Is a white candle ok to use when you have no other?

2) My sharpie words smudged off when I dressed the candle with oil. Is that ok? Is it still effective?

3) I can only burn the candle in increments sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 2 hours...etc It's unpredictable. I snuff it out and pray my intention to pause the work. Then light it later and pray my intention to retard the work. Is it ok to burn erratically like that?

4) Finally, I started the candle at night, but have been resuming the work whenever I can sometimes in the daytime. Is it effective to burn partially during the day?

Thank you!!

viastar
Newly Registered

figurine Candles vs figurine candle holders

Unread post by viastar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 am

Hello,

I have a question about figurine candles. I've read that figurine candles aren't necessary but add a nice element because it brings forth emotions. Is it possible to use a figurine candle holder instead of a figurine candle? For example, can I use a skull candle holder in place of a skull candle or can I use a lover's candle holder instead of a adam and eve candle? I would like to place a chime candle dressed in lucky mojo oil/herbs inside of the candle holder.

Thanks!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello, carsan

I will answer each question after the question

1) Is a white candle ok to use when you have no other?-YES

2) My sharpie words smudged off when I dressed the candle with oil. Is that ok? Is it still effective?-I WOULD REWRITE IT

3) I can only burn the candle in increments sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 2 hours...etc It's unpredictable. I snuff it out and pray my intention to pause the work. Then light it later and pray my intention to retard the work. Is it ok to burn erratically like that? -SOMETHING IS BETER THAN NOTHING.

4) Finally, I started the candle at night, but have been resuming the work whenever I can sometimes in the daytime. Is it effective to burn partially during the day? -TIMING IS ROOTWORKERS' PREFERENCES. IT OUGHT TO BE FINE

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Hello, viastar,

That's perfectly fine.

The holders sound lovely

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LuxVeritasDeusCC

Unread post by LuxVeritasDeusCC » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:48 pm

In regards to color, there's something in mind. I recent read of a woman who performed a candle ritual by dressing a pink candle with herbs, oils, and her intimate fluids, and invoked the powers of Venus, where soon she was wooed by many men and some wanted to get intimate. Now, in regards to me, I would desire to woo many women around by doing the same thing, however right now, even though I have a certain person in mind, I wanted to see how it works for me. If I wanted to woo women through attraction, is it possible to use my fluids on a pink candle as well or would i have to handle red? Would it be feasible to use a plain pink or red jar candle or I have to use the vulva candle? Methods and other comments are welcomed.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Hello, LuxVeritasDeusCC,

I personally prefer the vulva candle.

Red is for passion. Pink is for romantic.

Please don't incorporate an eclectic approach. Either use Hoodoo Spells or whatever practice this was that you had mentioned. I think I know what it is but, please don't say it on the forum

Wishing you the very best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lovingprincess

Unread post by Lovingprincess » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Right now I am currently injured and I've been waiting since September for my adjuster at my insurance company to give me my lost wages. I've handed her every paper I could give and she says it's not enough and it was the most that I can give. I was thinking of maybe using a purple pullout candle inscribing the adjusters name and using a mix of essence of bend over oil and pay me oil and bend over powder and pay me powder with licorice root. Does this sound correct ?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello, Lovingprincess ,

That sounds excellent.

Just be careful with the powder on the candle. Just lightly sprinkle that as the powders are not meant for candle dressings. Just a sprinkle

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LuxVeritasDeusCC

Unread post by LuxVeritasDeusCC » Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Hey there,

I like to have some input on my recent candle work.

Candle color, pink. Modus operandi, healing and seeking attraction

I am currently working on a ritual involving healing a heart of a person whom I have been worried because of her posts on instagram and her pics being gloomy. I felt I wanted to do something sweet to heal her heart. I dressed the pink candle with the chuparosa oil as it was feasible to have her heart healed, but bring back the essence of love for her, being happy. But also I would love to feel her loving presence so I have out small drops of road opener and attraction. This was not a forced thing but to let her know she has someone caring about her. Hexk, I even spoke to the candle before lighting it for extra strength. Yes, I do have the pic which is under the candle. What do you think? Suggestions and comments opened.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat May 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Hello, LuxVeritasDeusCC,

It is unclear of the intent.

Are you attracted to this person?

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that you ought to work healing first. That would be blue. And healing products: www.luckymojo.com/healing.html

That would be a separate spell

But, the intention for the other would depend on if you want this person for a romance.

Let us know

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LuxVeritasDeusCC

Unread post by LuxVeritasDeusCC » Sun May 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I see. Attraction, yes. But for me I have two that I'm attracted of right now and I don't want to settle on one. As for healing...guess I was thinking out of left field. Should I stop the ritual and start again?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Hello, LuxVeritasDeusCC,

Then your choices are correct.

But I would start again and first with the healing candle.

Then, go with your choices.

Take care and wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

kiralheart12

What's the difference?

Unread post by kiralheart12 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

hi i am new here so sorry if i break any rules but i was wondering what is the difference between the

Essense Bend Over Glass Vigil Candle,
Domination Glass Vigil Candle,
Command Compel Control Glass Vigil Candle
Bewitching Glass Vigil Candle,
Influence Glass Vigil Candle,
Master Glass Vigil Candle, annnnnd last but not least
Master Key Glass Vigil Candle .

Sorry i know it is alot but when i was on the M.I.S.C. website they all seemed the same to me. do they all do the same thing or are there different qualities to them?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello, kiralheart12, and welcome to the forum.

These Lucky Mojo candles (which are also set on the altars at MISC) are based on traditional oil and powder formulas that are quite different from one another. To describe them all here would be a bit over the top, but there is a web page about each formula, and by reading those pages, you will get the idea. Here are the titles you mentioned, each followed by its web page:

Essense Bend Over Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/essenceofbendover.html

Domination Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/domination.html

Command Compel Control Glass Vigil Candle
This one is a blend of THREE formulas:

http://luckymojo.com/commanding.html
http://luckymojo.com/compelling.html
http://luckymojo.com/controlling.html

Bewitching Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/bewitching.html

Influence Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/influence.html

Master Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/master.html

Master Key Glass Vigil Candle
http://luckymojo.com/masterkey.html
catherine yronwode

kiralheart12

Unread post by kiralheart12 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Hmmm so is the influence glass vigil candle like a little push, the essence bend over a shove, and the domination and comand compel control a shove off a cliff? In terms of strength i mean

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 20, 2016 8:34 pm

kiralheart12 --

It is not about "strength" -- it is about your INTENTION. If you intend to influence someone that is not the same as intending to dominate them.
catherine yronwode

kiralheart12

Unread post by kiralheart12 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:41 am

Ok so what about the essence bend over, domination, and the comand compel control? Isn't that the same thing in terms of intentions?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat May 21, 2016 7:44 am

No, kiralheart, they are not the same.

Essence of Ben-Over is used to make another person bend over and do your will and favour you. It was, in my younger days, most often used when one had an inferior social or economic position and wished for another person to become submissive, despite his or her high estate. I have written and spoken enough about this to make it clear that although it can be used to cause a lover to submit, historically it was the formula utilized by domestic servants as a floor wash to cause their employers to render them favours upon request. Example: a domestic worker washes the floors of the house with Essence of Bend Over and prayers for favours, then asks for an extra night off and receives it because the employer bends to her will. The servant is is not dominating the space or legally compelling the employer to act, nor is she commanding the employer to act, nor is she controlling the employer's life -- the employer simply bends over and humbly acquiesces to her. The image used is from the 1930s -- a white woman in a bikini and turban kneeling in submission before a statue of Buddha, the exotic "Other" whom she serves without truly understanding why.

CAN-GLS-ESSE
Essence of Bend-Over Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Domination is to occupy a position of authority, usually by means of aggressively securing a sonic or landscape space, that is, to rule the airwaves or a territory by means of active behaviour. Examples: He dominated the court, she dominated the outfield, he dominated the conversation. If someone who is under the domination of another gets up and leaves the dominated area, he or she will soon be free of the domination. The image is of one woman, dressed richly, yelling at another woman, dressed poorly, and causing her to cower.

CAN-GLS-DOMI
Domination Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Command-Compel-Control is a blend of three oil formulas.
... To command is to lead troops or workers by noble example. Example: he was a great commander and his troops loved him.
... To compel is to force someone to perform an act by virtue of authority or law. Example: an employer would prefer not to pay overtime for extra hours but the law compels him to do so.
... To control is to narrow the range of outcomes so that what happens is either as predicted or as desired. Example: the firemen brought the blaze under control.
The image is of a man compelled to humbly kneel at the feet of an enthroned woman whose hand he kissed while the Eye of God (the supreme and ultimate authority) watches and supports her will over his.

CAN-GLS-COMM
Command - Compel - Control Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the distinct meanings of these words and images or perhaps you have a limited view of the many different ways that magical will power can be exercised in human society. Perhaps inexperience or emotional tone-deafness (not uncommon!) causes you to blur together what to most of us are distinctly different concepts. In any case, the formulas used in hoodoo spiritual supplies date back many years and very rarely do people require of me that i render them more distinguishable than they already are by name, label image, intention, herbal ingredients, or aroma.
catherine yronwode

kiralheart12

Unread post by kiralheart12 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 pm

Ah I'm sorry! I'm really new to this. I was just trying understand better because i got confused but sorry again!

Mbule

Unread post by Mbule » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 am

A couple of questions regarding candle selection.

1. Is it more effective to use a clothed shaped gender candle as an astral candle?

2. If the person is a Woman Gemini wouldn't spells be more effective if the astral candle were also a woman and not just a coloured candle?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:47 am

Mbule --

1. Considering how lumpy Astral Candles become and how intensive it is to make them, if they are properly made, i see no point in using a female candle as the core of an Astral Candle.

2. I do not believe that to be true. I would inscribe the Astral Candle with the woman's name and place her horoscope, with her photo at the center of the circle, under the candle stand. I am NOT saying you should NOT do it the way you propose, just that i have never done so and work in an old-school, traditional way, with which i am well pleased.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Mbule

Unread post by Mbule » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you for your reply. I am still navigating the forums, sorry for the delayed response!

GroundedBoy
Newly Registered

Unread post by GroundedBoy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 am

Hi everyone !

I have a question. I would like to buy a discreet work vigil candle for road opening.
So people told me to use BLUE like for the Motor city candle...
I thought about an orange candle but some people are saying it's only for blockbuster.
I also saw road opening candle with Orange, Green and Yellow...

So, I'm a bit lost. So much choice. Is there multiple color for road opening ?

Thanks for advice !

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi Groundedboy,

Traditionally, Road Opener candles have been triple colored however people today may choose to innovate things as they such according to their beliefs about candle colors or simply their liking.

We cannot comment or advise on products that are not Lucky Mojo but here is a link to the Road Opener candle that Lucky Mojo manufactures.
http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-road-opener.html

Lucky Mojo products are made from quality supplies, materials, and done so authentically in the tradition of African American Hodoo.

Hope this helps.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”