• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Unread postby LynneTyson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi everyone, just testing the photo up load

LynneTyson

Re: Candle Burn Photo Test

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 am

Yow! That was some candle burn! Wha happen?
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby LynneTyson » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 pm

My clients man had another woman (my clients best "friend"). "Best friend" is in the bottle (note pins in the top for my clients shaking pleasure), the candle was a black skull anointed with DUME oil and spiced with peppers etc, name paper stuffed into a slit carved into the back of the head of the skull. I also made up a doll baby for best friend stuffed with the proper herbs, instructions found in your HRCC. I put the dollie in a coffin and buried her in a graveyard.
I also made up a honey jar for my client to sweeten her man to her, she burns an occasional candle on it.

Best friend became ill and has moved to Texas for treatment. Client is living a happy and peaceful life with her boyfriend. He has had no contact with "best friend" for about a year.

It almost looks like the flame is reaching for best friends bottle, to caress or injure, I don't know (but I do have an opinion). ;)
LynneTyson

Unread postby j82 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I have a question about burning candles. Most of what I read in books or on Lucky Mojo say to examine the encassed candle after its completely burned for signes to tell you about the working. I burned a road opener candle and a come to me candle. road opener burned smooth lil light smoke in the inside top the come to me candle burned smooth but it has a very light alomost white grey whew to the candle like lighlty smoked. My question is how does that get interpretated. what i see on the sites is if its black its bad if its smooth its good. what does a light whiteish smoke mean, something in the middle?
j82

Re: Interpreting "7 Day" Vigil Light Candle Burns

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:18 pm

If there is smoke, that means there is an obstacle. You want your candles to be clear. Now you can get smoke if you put in too many herbs, so make sure it is nothing physically you are doing in dressing the candle.

A little smoke in any candle at the very top means resistance to the work, but if it is clear after the smoke, it means the work will overcome the obstacle. If your candle is clear and gets smoky at the bottom, that means your work will have to be redone. If the candle is just smokey throughtout the burn, it means major obstacles to overcome.

From what you have stated, it looks like your work is doing well.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby j82 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm

The come to me candle is not black ( as iv seen and done before lol) its a light white greay color like a fuzz or a slight fog, you can see right through the candle but its all so present. Would that be considered a obsticle or major issues, im not sure how to understand it iv only see it as black or nothing at all in the candle.
j82

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:17 pm

j82 wrote:The come to me candle is not black ( as iv seen and done before lol) its a light white greay color like a fuzz or a slight fog, you can see right through the candle but its all so present. Would that be considered a obsticle or major issues, im not sure how to understand it iv only see it as black or nothing at all in the candle.

It sounds like there was slight resistence to the work initially and the work overcame the resistance. I actually see that type of candle quite often. It is much better to have that in the beginning of the candle then to see it go crazy towards the end of the burn of the candle. You want to have any resistance to the work done in the beginning and not at the end. If you are worried, you can also burn another candle and see what happens.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Angel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Looks like some nice work there!

*makes note not to cross Lynne* lol
Angel

Unread postby troya » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 am

ya really sound very nice!!!
ME too was deeply in love with a boy for some 5 years and the boy too love me a lot and our love seemed to be unbrokable and unseperable, but one day the boy started to feel dizzy and started to cry for no reason, he could not bear me at all, we started to fight for no reason. Then we broke-up and i had to let him go as he was crying asking me to let him go.
But 1 year went by he has not talk to me thought i saw him frequently passing nearby, he has not even call me, i wanted to beg him to return to me, but i know he won't as he was seeing another girl, then one day i heard he marry the same girl, i still can't understand y all this has happened to me and still feel that he loves me but he can't get back to me. I still love him and wants him back and i know there must have been something wrong done to him so that he left me. But still, no one can help me out.

LynneTyson, I wish u could have been here to help me to get him back.
troya

Signs While Vigil Candle Burns

Unread postby LMFan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 am

Update to my question.. without giving too much information --

I am burning a Come to me Candle to get someone to call me for another date. I met this person on the internet. I started burning the candle on Saturday, and received a message on Sunday that he had " closed" me which means he's no longer interested in the virtual world. He has my phone number too, so this wasn't the only way for us to keep in touch.

So, what do I do, keep burning the candle? Or is that my answer?
LMFan

Re: Signs While Vigil Candle Burns

Unread postby J Simulcik » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:17 am

What did the divination say? Without more information, I would say that it sounds like there are one or more obstacles blocking the purpose of something like Come to Me.
J Simulcik

Unread postby LMFan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 am

What if it's really slow to burn, looks like it's going to go out and any moment-- but then starts to burn strong-- the glass is clear?
LMFan

Unread postby LMFan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Well I'm not sure what you mean-- I haven't performed a divination? Candle is burning clear and strong, however the situation for which I lit it has changed.. not sure if I should keep it going..
LMFan

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:08 pm

The "clear candle" is a form of divination. It means the magic is working. I would not stress too much about him "closing" you on the Internet site if he has your number. He does not need to go via the site anymore to contact you.

Just wait a bit for further information.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:11 pm

LMFan wrote:What if it's really slow to burn, looks like it's going to go out and any moment-- but then starts to burn strong-- the glass is clear?

It sounds like the relationship starts out slowly, (slow burn) seems a little uncertain (ready to go out), and finishes strong (burns strong.) Basically, the relationship will start out slowly, but end strongly.

Sounds like an overall good candle.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby j82 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Hm well you can always let the candle finish, after all you lit it and its not like you can use it for another reason. the honey jar spell as told above works really well even for reluctant lovers. I used it on an ex before and on a potential new love both worked very well. Takes a while to see results though, almost to the point you think screw it then something happens. You can always get a new candle and light it to meet a new person maybe to attract someone to you.
j82

Unread postby J Simulcik » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Sorry, didn't see your last post. Absolutely agree with the others; give it time and don't worry!
J Simulcik

Unread postby LMFan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 am

That's kind of what I thought, I didn't think I could re- use it for something else.. It's strange, the candle took a bit to get going but now it's clear all the way, down and almost done.

Thanks everyone!! Fingers crossed.

How long usually do you know if the magic has worked? I think I read somewhere about a week or so?
LMFan

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Well, the three method is popular, either three days, three weeks, or three months. Usually a spell will not take three months. Also we look for signs of the spell working. Signs are pretty personal, but what I have experienced and others have too, is hearing the intended's name quite a bit. It will be in casual conversation, or you will see it everywhere. Also, the intended's place of birth will keep cropping up. That's letting you know your magic is hitting the intended target.

Mary
Literarylioness

Candle Flame Interpretations

Unread postby rs09 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I have read in several books the ways candle flames can be interpreted. I have a quick question about a jumping flame. Most literature I have read states that a jumping flame indicates "raw emotions", a "heated arguement taking place" and "explosions of energy". Can someone please tell me exactly what this means?
rs09

Unread postby j82 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:38 pm

So I lit a fast luck candle and a come to me candle ( my love life kinda sucks now lol ) well the come to me candle burned dark at the top less then a inch then completely clear the rest of the way, but it burned fast like two days faster then it should have. The fast luck is burning normal rate and smooth. Any suggestions on how this should be read??
j82

Re: Candle Flame Interpretations

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

First, i cannot be responsible for what you have read elsewhere, but i will tell you what i was taught and how i work.

First: Always check for a physical reason for erratic flame behaviour -- a draft or breeze, for instance. There's no use getting worked up about a "sign" that could be changd or eliminated by moving the candle out of a drafty spot in a room and to a spot with quieter air.

Second: The meaning of a flaring, fluttering, or jumping flame will depend greatly on the type of spell, but generally it means that the person upon whom you are working has a feeling that they are being conjured. If the candle is bein burned for love, the person may be alternately resisting love and then giving in to your command. If it is a curse spell, the person may be reacting against you by trying to fight off your influence, which may lead to heated emotions or arguments.

There is a nice, long list of candle divination signs as part of my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." It is on the "Divination Signs from Candle-Burning" page, here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:45 pm

You can find those signs -- and more -- in my "Divination Signs from Candle-Burning" page, which is a portion of my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." Rather than copy the page here, allow me to direct you to it:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby j82 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Ok thank you! So from what I read, would you interpretate it by combinding the meanings such as: There are obstacles to overcome, but when you do things will move fast?
j82

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Exactly -- it is up to each practitioner to learn to interpret candle signs. We geneally do this by memorizing the most common meanings of the common signs and then combining them as they appear on any given candle in order to form a coherent narrative of prediction, such as the one you presented.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby heathernijoli » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 am

I am finding "reading" the candles very interesting the more and more I burn encased candles.

The day/evening that my relationship ended a few weeks ago, I was in the middle of burning a homemade/self dressed pink vigil candle for a loving relationship. Believe it or not, and this interpretation could not be more accurate since there was a giant obstacle of breaking up in my way, the candle was smokey - then very very black- and then CRACKED into pieces leaving sooty black glass pieces everywhere. Well, that interpretation is just clear as a bell to me!

Weeks later, I have been doing some reconciliation work for our relationship in hopes that we get along, he comes back healed of his obstacles, etc. I ordered a Reconciliation candle from Lucky Mojo and also had them burn a Return to Me candle on their altars. I have not received a report back from LMCC yet, but the candle I burned here at home has been the cleanest burn I have ever seen. I take this as a very good sign that things may turn around and be better for both of us as individuals. It has about 1/2 inch left to burn but it is a far cry from the candle on the night of our break-up. Yikes!
heathernijoli

Dripless Candle Burning

Unread postby basilthyme » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello,

I have a query. If a candle burning on a honey jar has no wax dripping, no flame dipping and no signs in the http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html -- what does it mean?

Does it mean i am burning wrong candles, like dripless / parafin? Is it essential to use beeswax candles to see the signs?

Regards,

Basilthyme
basilthyme

Re: Dripless Candle Burning

Unread postby J Simulcik » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:27 am

Candles may burn cleanly and with no drip if a job is really strong and the path is clear.

If you're buying dripless candles, that could also have something to do with it. ;)
J Simulcik

Unread postby heathernijoli » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 pm

My 7 day Reconciliation candle has burned out today leaving a great indication of positive results.

There was almost no wax left in the bottom of the glass - just a tiny line of wax that was barely even there around the edge. It burned clean to the bottom, leaving no residue whatsoever of the glass. It also burned quickly, being completely over well before the seventh day even began. I lit the candle on the afternoon of the 6th and it burned out completely early this morning (the 12th).

I think that description fits as a good result that will likely be fast acting!
heathernijoli

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi basilthyme,

basilthyme wrote: If a candle burning on a honey jar has no wax dripping, no flame dipping and no signs in the http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html -- what does it mean?

Does it mean i am burning wrong candles, like dripless / parafin? Is it essential to use beeswax candles to see the signs?

As Simulcik pointed out, parrafin/dripless candles are far less likely to produce lots of candle wax for divination. Beeswax candles are not necessary to see wax dripping, however; standard alter, offeratory, and jumbo candles all can produce wax drippings for divination:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
CAN-412-ZZZZ Candle 4" Altar" 4" Altar Candles, Mixed Dozen
CAN-612-ZZZZ Candle 6" Offertory" 6" Offertory Candles, Mixed Dozen
CAN-912-ZZZZ Candle 9" Jumbo" 9" Jumbo Candles, Mixed Dozen

...And a clean, even burn on a candle, with no wax left at the end of the burn is usually an excellent sign for the work in question.
Lukianos

Unread postby basilthyme » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply,

Although the candles i am burning have varied ( there are all normal candles) and every time there has been a clean burn, This is on a honey jar for an ex although i have not heard from him as yet.

Regards,

Basilthyme
basilthyme

candle spell for reconciliation

Unread postby cleoisis » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:18 pm

hi I am new to this forum and hoodoo,I have recently performed a spell using a pink candle and white sugar to reconcile with someone.after the second day on both sides of the candle wax dripped down in a stream ending with 2 tears on each one of the streams can you tell me the meaning of this? thanks
cleoisis

Re: candle spell for reconciliation

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 am

You will find candle divination signs in my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." The page you want is "How to Read Divination Signs From Candle-Burning in Hoodoo Candle Magic" and it is here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

There you will see that tears mean just that -- crying and sorrow.

Good luck
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 am

I am strongly going against what others may have said here. I am going to tell it like i see it.

I would take his action as a definite "no" and extinguish the candle.

A candle spell of this type -- which functions both as divination and as a spell -- must be treated as both, and i instruct my students and shop clients to look for signs within three days. Well, in your case, the sign came the next day and it was a big "NO." If the sign you see is a "no," then the spell too is a no-go.

The "three method" that Mary mentions above was taught to me like this:

Look for SIGNS in THREE DAYS.

Look for MOVEMENT in THREE WEEKS.

Look for COMPLETION in THREE MONTHS.

Now, signs, movements, and completion are three different things. What you saw when he "closed" you was a sign -- and it was a total shut-down NO sign and to me, it says, "This ain't gonna happen."

So many people think that they should proceed with a long-term spell like setting lights or making a honey jar even after the signs are bad, but for me, the opposite has always been true. Likewise, even if the signs were good to neutral, but i saw no movement in three weeks, i would walk away from the spell. We are not looking for last-minute turn-arounds here -- on the 90th day he suddenly calls you -- rather, we are looking for good signs, positive movement, and a successful outcome, completing the spell. If we get good signs and some good movement, we may add other spell work to the process, to increase our success rate. If we get bad signs and no movement, it is, in my experience, very unlikely that there will be a good oucome.

A love spell / divination like this is a delicate dance. You had a slight connection in the virtual world. You upped the ante by lighting a Come To Me candle. Then you waited for a sign. He responded by shutting you out of his virtual world -- a clear sign of non-interest. He has free will, you have free will, and when he felt the "come to me" vibes you sent out, he ran away. End of virtual romance. There is no reason to pursue him. Look for someone else.

I mean, what is the point of looking for signs while the candle burns, if you don't actually heed the signs? :roll:
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Bri » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 am

I just want to second what miss cat has said here and tell you that I have learned this the hard way. I can be a really stubborn and rigid spell caster and it took me a long time to understand that not only was I wasting time, energy, and resources in trying to work a spell that consistently had bad signs, I was also closing myself off to other routes that could result in attaining the same goal I was casting for!

As an example of what I am talking about, I have worked vigil lights for command and dominance that burned black and dirty. But, when I took the same person, the same situation and instead burned an road opener/uncrossing/cleansing candle I got a great burn and signs that the work was taking. It wasn't what I was asking for that was the problem, it was the way that I was asking. I find this a lot in love reconciliation when I work with clients--what they really want is to be happy with a person who loves and honors them--but they are stuck on this one individual who may or may not be that person. This doesn't mean that you always get your own way, doesn't happen in life or magic, but often where one door closes another will open up.
Just sayin'

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:The "three method" that Mary mentions above was taught to me like this:

Look for SIGNS in THREE DAYS.
Look for MOVEMENT in THREE WEEKS.
Look for COMPLETION in THREE MONTHS.

That is what I meant by three's, but I phrased it too loosely.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby nagasiva » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 am

catherineyronwode:
You had a slight connection in the virtual world. You upped the ante by lighting a Come To Me candle. Then you waited for a sign. He responded by shutting you out of his virtual world -- a clear sign of non-interest. He has free will, you have free will, and when he felt the "come to me" vibes you sent out, he ran away. End of virtual romance. There is no reason to pursue him. Look for someone else.

interesting interpretation. I would definitely consider that a 'bad sign' and closure on the candle. that far i can follow you. beyond this i would need to know the level of intensity of interest and the power of the person creating the spellwork. maybe 'Come to Me' is too strong, and a Honey Jar spell will do with a Mercury candle burning on top of it. one might place a printout of his email as petition into the honey jar and use Mercury Oil to anoint rose-coloured candles, while backing off in all other respects, and just being pleasant, like a friend.

you're right on about the dance. sometimes a cyber-door closing is a Lucy and Ricky sitcom start to a fiesty but extremely worthwhile relationship. it all depends on the people, how much attraction is operating, and how persistent one may wish to be in getting where one wishes to be. of course, this is coming from a Scorpio with a willful thumb. :P

a divination, as was mentioned previously, might be helpful in this instance. one might go to an online Tarot reading device, for example, and get a reflection on the likely value of continuing to work on the intended. if there was some positive potential indicated within such a reading, then your question would be how to strategically proceed against someone who exhibited signs contrary to your interest. I don't think that this differs in character in any way from ordinary interactions. when someone tosses cold water on your heartfires, this can mean a number of things, anywhere from complete incompatibility, to a challenge to your romantic streak, to a tactful tango with long-term vision and wiles of steel. ;)

may all your wicks burn true,
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Technical Help
forum@luckymojo.com
Lucky Mojo Curio Company
nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread postby LMFan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:15 am

Wow! I haven't been on in awhile-- Thank you everyone for your posts-- I haven't thought about the candle burning in the way Cat described, and I didn't think that he would feel the candle in one day, and that the "closed" was my answer that fast.. BUT now I know.. I'm not going to pursue it further.. but what's great about this is I'm learning to see that this stuff works.. I guess I wasn't looking for the right signs!!
LMFan

glass encased vigil candle remains?

Unread postby Rukia Fae » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:26 pm

I looked at the candle divination section, but did not see an answer that I think applies...

I burned a glass encased divination candle with the petition taped to the bottom. I dressed the candle myself with oil and herbs. The candle burned cleanly (no smoke, strong flame) for the entire duration. It extinguished earlier today.

I was looking at the remains and do not know how to interpret. Around the bottom perimeter of the glass (just at the edges, not the entire bottom) is a small ring of wax, and in the center the herb remains.

can anyone assist in helping me interpret? TIA! :)
Rukia Fae

Re: glass encased vigil candle remains?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:41 pm

With a clear strong flame your work probably went quite well. Generally glass encased candles are read by the quality of their burn and not their reminds because as you saw their wax tends to be consumed almost completely.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Trickster » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 am

Rukia Fae wrote:I looked at the candle divination section, but did not see an answer that I think applies...

I burned a glass encased divination candle with the petition taped to the bottom. I dressed the candle myself with oil and herbs. The candle burned cleanly (no smoke, strong flame) for the entire duration. It extinguished earlier today.

I was looking at the remains and do not know how to interpret. Around the bottom perimeter of the glass (just at the edges, not the entire bottom) is a small ring of wax, and in the center the herb remains.

can anyone assist in helping me interpret? TIA! :)

Is the glass clear? (No soot smudges or wax clinging to the inside surfaces)

Did the candle burn too quickly? (You need to know the normal amount of time a candle takes to burn, comes with experience.)

If the answer is a yes and a no, then you are good to go!
Trickster

Unread postby Rukia Fae » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 am

the glass is clear, and free of wax residue along the sides. there are a few herbs still at the top- held by in place by oil, not wax.

There is one small soot mark also at the top- possibly from where i initially lit it. no other soot or wax remains. It burned clear through to the bottom.

It burned about 4-5 days (lit on tuesday i think, and went out saturday)- which is typical of this candle.
Rukia Fae

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Rukia Fae wrote:the glass is clear, and free of wax residue along the sides. there are a few herbs still at the top- held by in place by oil, not wax.

There is one small soot mark also at the top- possibly from where i initially lit it. no other soot or wax remains. It burned clear through to the bottom.

It burned about 4-5 days (lit on tuesday i think, and went out saturday)- which is typical of this candle.

It sounds like you had a good burn. Most seven day candles only take about five days to burn now.

Mary
Literarylioness

Candle Burning Question

Unread postby CowboyInTheBoatofRa » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 am

I'm performing a six-day candle ritual with free-standing candles, and one of the candles burned out on the second day. This candle represents success. I know that this can be divined to mean initial success that may not last; but my question is should I simply buy another candle to replace the burned out candle for the remaining four days of the ritual, or should I consider the burned out candle to have completed its work and move on with the rest of the ritual.
CowboyInTheBoatofRa

Re: Candle Burning Question

Unread postby Lara » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 am

I would personally buy another candle and continue the work.

When you say it burned out, do you mean it went out but there is still wax, or do you mean it finished burning that much more quickly then the others?

Lara
Lara

Unread postby CowboyInTheBoatofRa » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 am

I mean it finished burning more quickly than the others.
CowboyInTheBoatofRa

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 am

The choice of what to do is yours, essentially. Some folks would take it as a sign -- exactly as you defined it -- while others might take it as a sign but would not like what it signified and for that reason they would light another candle to replace it.

In short, there are no "rules" governing this sort of situation, and the best i can recommend is that you let spirit guide you.

Which course of action you choose will be determined by your own personality and your level of activity or passivity toward the world generally; the level of your activity or passivity with respect to your relationship to magic, omens, this ritual, and its desired outcome; and other factors such as whether more candles are readily available in the time frame of the ongoing ritual.

You might do a pendulum divination over the candle remains and ask the question. or a card reading. Or Bibliomancy.

You might try handling it one way this time and another way next time it happens (because, if you burn many candles, you will see these kinds of anomalies more than once), and from such experiences you may understand more deeply how you will wish to handle such events in the future.

What would *i* do? I can't say, because at different times i have handled this differently, according to the factors i listed above. But if i had any negative feelings about accepting the premature burn-out as a sign, i would pendulum divination over the candle remains, with simple yes or no questions, to determine if i should set another light.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby CowboyInTheBoatofRa » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks, Cat. Your response confirmed the intuitive approach I have already been taking to Hoodoo. I see the spells I cast as trial-and-error experiments within the boundaries of an established tradition. Each one teaches me something new. I feel as though the candles, oils, incense, bath crystals, etc., teach you about themselves with repeated use. That said, I will continue to make frequent use of this forum to learn about the tradition and draw on the insight of more experienced practitioners. Thanks again.
CowboyInTheBoatofRa

Sudden Black Upper Glass in Vigil Candle

Unread postby Confused » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:09 pm

I lit a Novena candle 3days ago to Saint Elena. The candle burned crystal clear for entire time until today. When I came home from work I passed by my bedroom and glanced in to check on the candles. It looked like someone painted black paint on the top 2 &1/2 inches of the candle. This was such a drastic change in such a small amount of time and I've never had that happen before. Would someone please help me to understand what's going on?
Confused

Re: Sudden Black Upper Glass in Vigil Candle

Unread postby Literarylioness » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Lucky Mojo does not sell Saint Elena candles. I can tell you a black glass candle is not a good sign, though. You might want to speak to the seller of your candle. This forum is for Lucky Mojo products.

Thanks,

Mary
Literarylioness

Glass Candle Holder Cracked

Unread postby mabel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:38 am

I am working on some good luck spell and focusing on prayers to St Expedite while doing it. Everything went well for the last few days, but I noticed that during my work this evening, the wax dripped over onto the petition letter that was placed below the glass candle holder which never happened before.

I also noticed that the glass candle cracked a little as well while the flame was dying out - which I know is due to the intense heat. On the other hand, a part of me is worried that this could be some divine or spiritual realm which I am not familar with.....

Any idea is this a good or bad sign? Or could it be that St Expedite might not be happy with the work or something?

Any insight anyone is most appreciated..thanks a zillion! :)
mabel

Re: Glass Candle Holder Cracked

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Mabel,

If the wax is melting and running towards you and your petition that would usually be interpreted as an encouraging sign. The glass holder breaking is no doubt due to intense heat but many workers do pay special attention to situations like that.

First off when working with St. Expedite it is especially important to keep any promises you make to him and to leave him the traditional offerings of flowers and poundcake when he has come through for you. Assuming that you have done that, I would do either a quick card reading on the situation or use a pendulum to get a yes/no answer about whether you have in some way offended him or if he will or will not come through for you.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby mabel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi Bri,

Thanks alot for your advice. I've only started praying to St Expdite a few days back and it hasnt come to the stage whereby he has come through for me......could you tell me more about what does the glass holder cracking means? Is that a really bad sign?? :(
mabel

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

This is hard to say, since we do not know the physical conditions of the candle. The candle might have had a slight crack in it. A broken candle is good if you are trying to "break" through something, or it can be a bad omen if you are trying to attain something.

It all really depends.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby snake » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 pm

One time I had a votive candle holder crack and pieces go flying. I personally interpreted it as the energy of the spell being released and indicating that the spell work was done. I don't know how other people would interpret it but the spell worked.
snake

Unread postby mabel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 am

Hey Snake,

Thanks for the kind advice. Boy! You wouldnt know how relieved I am to hear that! I will definitely let you know if it did indeed work for me. *Keeping fingers crossed* :)
mabel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:40 am

Divining the meaning of a glass candle holder cracking is complex, and there is no one answer, as Mary pointed out.

For more on candle-burning divination signs -- including MANY examples of intereting broken candle glass -- see the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on candle magic divination. It is here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Broken vigil glass here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3

Broken glass holders and plates here
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC4

This thread is being moved to the candles section of the forum, since it is not about general spell-casting, but strictly abou candles. Please try to select the best place to post, because that helps cut down on my time having to move things around like this after the fact -- and leaves me more time to reply to questions. Thanks!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby heathernijoli » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 am

A good example of cracking of glass being a bad sign is this:

I was doing FOLLOW ME BOY work on my boyfriend, who was fighting me every step of the way. He broke up with me and the candle not only turned black,but got so hot it busted into pieces. I knew that this meant that the work was being fought against by him and it could not have been more true. Because there is no way to force someone to love you, they can always fight against the work you are doing on them. A crack in the candle could mean they are working hard to fight what you are attempting.
heathernijoli

Unread postby snake » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 am

I guess I should probably mention that the spell I was doing was break up or inflammatory confusion or something similar. I can't quite remember but it was not a nice spell.
snake

Re: Sudden Black Upper Glass in Vigil Candle

Unread postby Confused » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:35 pm

I apologize, Mary. I didn't know you didn't sell that particular candle. I was going to start ordering from your company b/c I just ran across your site and I like what I see, even though I haven't placed one yet. I was hoping there was a general rule of thumb for that type of result.
Confused

Next

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells