• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: Pin in candle won't drop. Meaning?

New postby Miss Bri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:37 am

Hi twodogs,

Its hard to give you a clear answer on this since
1.) We don't know what you are burning the candle for
2.) We don't know why you are using the pins.

If you are using the pins, say, to divide a 7 section money stay with me candle, then that's one thing. If you are using the pins to stab at a person in revenge on a black candle that is another thing. I would tell you to pay attention to how the wax is running, what shapes (is any) are appearing in it, etc.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

New postby twodogs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Bri!
Good call, I should have said what its for. I was only using it to divide a candle into 3 equal burning segments, I usually burn a third each day, snuffing out when the pin drops.

This particular candle is for a flowing around obstacles charm I am working for myself. So technically I guess that would be the intent of the candle, but the pin was used only as a time-marker.
Thanks again for your response!!!
I learn so much from everyone here!
twodogs

New postby Silverpony » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:09 pm

"flowing around obstacles" Actually, that sounds like an excellent omen indeed, since the wax is just 'flowing around' the needles and getting on with burning despite the presence of the pin!
Silverpony

New postby twodogs » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Silverpony,

you know that is a really interesting take on it. Once I realized the pin was not going to drop I watched the candle burn for a few minutes snd the wax (blue) was most definitely flowing around the pin, a very SHARP obstacle indeed!

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

This is the Lucky Mojo page on ceromancy which says a pin not dropping can mean clinging to past conditions or the conditions clinging to the client (me since I was working for myself) but I am not sure which interpretation is more likely. I am not so skilled at divining with a pendulum yet so I am not sure what the best way to find out is?

Any suggestions?
twodogs

Weird Burn

New postby daviscol » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:56 am

Hello All,
I got up at sunrise this morning (Friday) to work my honey jar. I only had a pink voltive candle and I wanted to burn pink. So I went ahead with it. When I checked on it a couple of hours later it was finished. But the inside of the candle burned all the way down, it looked like someone sucked the middle of the candle out leaving the outside of the candle intact. Maybe it is just this candle, but I was shocked when I walked in and it was over. It usually will burn 4 or 5 hours, sometimes even longer. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks....
daviscol

need help with candle divination

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:50 pm

ok so i lit a breakup candle on someone and the top part has grey soot...and going down on one side the glass is black but it seems the flame is pretty high and it seems the wick is kind of close to that side of the glass now whereas when i started it it wasnt...could this actually mean something or do you feel it is just coincidental? I know one of the persons that i had intended the breakup spell to be on has black magic on the other person, could this have something to do with it? Also occasionally i see white smoke rising from the candle, can someone help interpret all this for me? I greatly appreciate it! thank you! :?: :?:
eagerbeaver88

Re: Weird Burn

New postby SouthernGirl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Well, if the burn was faster than normal for that type of candle, it may mean that it will be successful, but not long-lasting. This is from the Lucky Mojo site. I don't know about the middle being "sucked out" looking. I'm thinking there could be different meanings. Since it was a honey jar and it was pink, I'm thinking emotional love (as opposed to lust) was the goal. Divination is not my strong suit and I'm just learning myself. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. Here's a link to the candle divination site:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html#signsA7

good luck!
SouthernGirl

Re: need help with candle divination

New postby SouthernGirl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Well, it could mean it is going to be difficult or won't have a good outcome. I don't know if anyone but you can really get a "feel" for whether or not it really means something or not. How do you think it feels? That's what matters most, I think. If you know there is someone actively working against you with magic of their own, it would definitely cause me to believe there's something to it. You could try to reinforce this candle with other spells.

Here's a link to the luckymojo candle divination site. Maybe it'll help.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html#signsC2
SouthernGirl

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 am

If the wick is close to the glass, then you need to get it away from the glass because it is causing the smoke on one side of the glass. It will cause the glass to break as well. Now if you know that one person has done black magic or anything on the other person, then you need to do a unjinxing on them. I bet that person has made it difficult for the other person to leave. I would consider doing a binding spell or a mirror box on to make their spells not effective. Also, I would considering doing some protection for yourself, and for the target that magic is being thrown at. If you do not protect yourself, and the person working against your sense it, they will throw some magic your way.

Also, you might want to seek some divination to see what this person is doing spell wise to your target. In addition, you do not know if this person has some protection up to prevent any other spells affecting the target besides their own magic. This is important to know because anything you could be doing could be waste of time, if they have blocked out other spells including yours.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:04 am

Hmm....I would burn another candle. A pink one and see if it has the same effect. It could have been the candle, but if it does the same thing next time, then I would think that you might not see last results. The sucked out feeling to me means that there is some resistance, and perhaps the love has been sucked out of this relationship. BUT before you freak out, I would burn another candle...it might just be the candle.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby path2success » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am

I have seen this happening with votives, so it may just be the candle, don't worry. Eg : I tried a moving candle spell with votives and the middle gets sucked out or some other problem which acc to divination would mean the relationship is over; but on the same day if I burn the pink offertory candle from LM on my honey jar it burns bright and strong indicating how strong our love is. So from then on i decided not to work with votives as it was only leading me to negativity;better to wait for LM candles to arive than to get discouraged.
path2success

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:33 pm

thank you stars, i have but it is so hard to find someone who is honest but for the most part they all do tell me that he has done something to her to make her stay. Do you know of a good binding spell I can do? I saw the mirror spell but i think you have to bury that box dont you? and that would be difficult for me to do, especially in the graveyard i think they only stay open during daytime hours and not only that, i dont want to get in trouble if someone sees me doing it in daylight you know?
eagerbeaver88

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 pm

oh! this is another spell i picked up i heard it was effective and I am keeping my fingers crossed, the lady at the store told me about it and said its cheap and simple and works. She said to take two mirrors any size, and in between the mirrors put the persons name 3 times on each side and anyone else you think if you have the names who is doing the spell for them..also a picture would be good too rather than a piece of paper. sandwich the photo between the mirrors then seal the mirrors all the way around with wax, any color would do but i used black...then with a red ribbon wrap it around the mirrors three times and say i bind you from harming so and so or whatever you want to say that you want them to keep from harming you or what not, then place it somewhere where only you know it is. She said this will cause whatever that person is doing to just bounce back off and return to them whatever spell they are trying to do. I couldnt bury it so i just took it to the graveyard and hid it in some bushes next to a grave, hope it works, i did this yesterday..have you heard of this one?
eagerbeaver88

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Yes I have heard of that one. And that is the same as the mirror box, just slightly modified. So you can do that, if you feel more comfortable. Another binding step is that you could make a baby doll, and tie up the arms and legs. You could bury that in a graveyard as well.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:05 pm

ok, they said that between the two mirrors i have to put his name on each side of the paper 3 times but what if its not him doing the actual spell? its someone else doing the work for him? could i put his "his name & associated witches or brujeria associated"? Sounds kind of general but I wanted to make sure I cover all bases because I dont know the names of his friend or family who does the spell work for him/. Thanks
eagerbeaver88

Exploding vigil light

New postby Nothereanymore » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 am

Gone!
Nothereanymore

Re: Exploding vigil light

New postby nati1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

My interpretation would be that you are dealing with resistance & difficulty. If the top of the encased candle burned clear and towards the middle or bottom burned black, then was seems clear or easy is not the case. If you chose to burn another candle then place it in a bowl of water, and if you must leave the home place it in the sink or bath-tub. Here is the link if you would like to read about divination. Good Luck to you.
Nati
nati1

New postby Nothereanymore » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Wow, I read the section on interpreting a candle burn and it says that a broken glass with dripping wax means there will be a shedding of blood or tears. This candle was lit for a dual puropse: both to get my little thief to pay me back(unlikely) and to learn her lesson about stealing. There already has been a shedding of tears on my part- not only did she overdraw my account by $500, there was a chain reaction of bouncing checks and insufficient fund fees that exceded $300!I am nearly sick with fury to say the least... my first thought when this happened was that the sheer intensity of my anger caused it to break!
Nothereanymore

New postby Literarylioness » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 am

Depends on the situation with breaking candles. If it is to break-up a crossed condition, the break-up is good. If it is to save a marriage, the marriage is kaput. Always depends on the circumstances and intentions of the candle.

Mary
Literarylioness

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Glass encased candle breaking are a good sign if its a block buster or a road opener. It means you broke through the obstacle. Also, people need to remember if the candle wick is very close to the glass then its going to break. In your case, i would consider the candle breaking a goo
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

New postby jwmcclin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:07 pm

I am burning a white candle dressed with LM's peaceful home oil. Strange thing is the candle started boiling as it got down to the bottom of the votive cup...any reasoning? It boiled so loud that I put it out with a snuffer.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby SouthernGirl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:58 am

If you don't have a specific name, you can just use "my enemy".
SouthernGirl

Cracked Candle

New postby redacepilot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 pm

I was burning a vigil candle and it cracked at the very bottom and the yellow ran all over my alter. My alter is a rectangler very heavy baking tin. On it I have my bamboo tree, glass of water with a square camphor, glass of water with a blue ball in it, cup of salt with my amulets in it. I have money coins layed out also on my alter and apple fruit (please advice me on your opinon of my alter). Any way the yellow candle spill went all over my picture under it. All I can remember is feeling like crying, I was upset and felt disappointed. What can I do now? I through away the photo of me under it. I am an inspiring model and was burning the candle to assist me in finding work.

Also one more question, I received my saint expidete bottle spell. I want to use it for luck with money. What should I do. They sent me a pamphlet with instruction but I am not sure. I must write my petition on one side, and on that same side of the paper am I suppose to write my name 9 times? Please help!!
redacepilot

Honey Jar Flame Question/Interpretation

New postby honey » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 pm

I've been trying to resist posting about my honey jar, since every newbie does it, but here I go. Sorry so long… a little back story.

My guy (who now has a girlfriend) and I had a falling out a few weeks ago and I decided to start a honey jar, in addition to a break-up spell that I have. I’m kicking myself now because I read somewhere in the forum about how you can never be too sweet regarding making a honey jar and at the time I though ‘my situation is good I don‘t need one.’ Well, hindsight is 20/20 and it’s better late then never, right? My jar has been going normally, and last week I wrote my guy an email telling him how I feel about our whole situation and he decided to accept me as a connection on a professional website we are both apart of (not facebook or myspace). This told me that he read past emails of ours because that invite was 2 years old when I sent it, and at the time we were starting our friendship. This was my goal; I wanted him to remember why he liked me in the first place. Four days after I sent the email I put my honey jar in my tub with some water and went to sleep. In the morning the wax from the candle that was in the center of the lid dripped off the side of the jar and into the water forming an image of 2 hearts connected at the bottom points. Always trying to think positive I took this as a good sign. In the past my candles have only dripped once off the side of the jar and I think that was due to the candle being close to the edge. Four days after the wax hearts, which was last night, I decided to stay awake really late to insure he was sleeping and not partying with his friends and burn my candle. As I’m thinking really hard about what I want him to feel, things like ‘despite the difficulty I’m breaking up with [girlfriend’s name], I like and want to be with [my name] more’ and the flame starts to slowly sway. At this point I’m trying to stay focused, but I’m also nervous because this isn’t a normal occurrence of my jar and it could be a bad sign. So I change the suggestions to focus on me excluding the girlfriend and how he only wants to be with me and the flame sways again. Next I decided to use a concrete fact of what he thought of me to see if the flame moves, ‘I feel [my name] is just like a jellybean, hard on the outside and soft in the middle.’ The flame still moved!?! Now I’m really confused… there wasn’t a draft, the a/c wasn’t on, this was the flame on its own.

My questions are… in this thread (candle-flame-interpretations-t440s100.html) Ms. Cat says the target might know they are being conjured and resisting if a flame behaves erratically, but since the flame didn't dip or gutter as the example on the candle divination page was this necessarily a bad sign? I’m still thinking no, but I could be wrong and/or in denial.

If the target is resisting what I want him to think, how can he also be resisting his own thoughts of me?

Is the flame always supposed to be tall and strong for a love/reconciliation honey jar?

Thank you for any and all advice in advance.
honey

Re: Cracked Candle

New postby thelightfantastic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Regarding your cracked candle, you might want to read the content in the following link. It deals with reading divination sign from candles.

High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 am

I would burn a road opener, and then repeat the candle again.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: boiling candle

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Well, that could be the oil especially if you put quite a bit on there. If i were you, I would do another one just to see if it does it again. It is hard to tell a sign like that based off of just one candle.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: boiling candle

New postby jwmcclin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Actually I dressed it and put three drops of oil in 3 holes in the candle. It was the 4th candle I burned and since it has not happened. Thanks for the input.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Red Candle Divination

New postby jwmcclin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm

I am guessing here but I am burning a red candle on a honey jar and today it formed a long stem rose...the rose is obvious. The stem is in one long stream with the rose at the top and it is maintaining its size and position as it burns. I am trying to get a picture for others to see.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby redacepilot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh Thanks for the response i was so scared and upset when it happened.
redacepilot

Re: Red Candle Deviation

New postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 pm

How interesting! Divination by wax shapes is a fascinating part of this work -- your long stemmed red roase shape sounds delightful.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Red Candle Deviation

New postby jwmcclin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:36 am

I got the picture just trying to figure out where is my port to upload....
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Honey Jar Flame Question/Interpretation

New postby Miss Bri » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi Honey,

It sounds to me like you need to schedule a consulatation with a reader who can read both candles and maybe use another divination tool to assist in getting you more information. A list of qualified workers can be found at: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

I have done love and reconciliation workings that had very large flames--there is no one "supposed to be" way, every candle burns differently and divining what those different burns mean is the art form of candle divination. Your target can resist being compelled by you to think or feel in a certain way and your target can also be conflicted about you---he could have two opposing feelings about you, like wanting to be with you and not wanting to be with you--this kind of thing is actually pretty common.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Honey Jar Flame Question/Interpretation

New postby honey » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks.
honey

what does this mean?

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Ok so if you light a red glass encased candle for love and it goes out by itself the next morning and there is black kinda around the rim and on one side of the glass what does it mean? :?:
eagerbeaver88

Re: what does this mean?

New postby Paradox » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

The black stuff on the sides is "lamp black" which is just caused by the carbons from the burning wick and wax depositing on the glass, nothing special there.

The going out by itself part, though, could be due to the spell not being ready. Try taking a love drawing bath at night, pray for the desired one and light the candle again. Or, it may just be a bit of not enough oxygen in the candle when lighting. Sometimes these vigil lights are a pain to get going.
Paradox

Re: what does this mean?

New postby Turnsteel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm

eagerbeaver88 wrote:Ok so if you light a red glass encased candle for love and it goes out by itself the next morning and there is black kinda around the rim and on one side of the glass what does it mean? :?:

The black can be a bad sign, as is the candle going out early if their was no reason for it to do so such as a draft, seek divination to see how the spell is going.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Road opener candle devination question

New postby jwmcclin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm

My road opener candle had been burning for about 4 hours and it starting flaming up real high with black smoke going everywhere...now actually I think it caught one of the Frankincense tears I had placed in it...but spiritually speaking I am hoping this is not a bad sign.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Road opener question

New postby Miss Bri » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Well, this is where we get into the fine art of candle divination. Herbs and minerals catching fire do cause blackening and smoking up of the glass, as do the large deposits that form on the end of candle wicks sometimes. How much the consequences of such an event do or do not say about your specific case though is something that you will have to figure out. I can tell you from experience that I have experienced this before and in some cases the blackening was very localized. As soon as I put out the extra burning material the candle burned steady and clear. In other cases the dirty burn was a taste of things to come if you get my drift. I would wait until the candle has completely burned out. That will give you a better sense of the overall burn and its relationship to your situation.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Road opener question

New postby jwmcclin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:25 pm

I agree. I have had several candles that burned clear from beginning to end than I have had several candles that burned black half way and mainly due to herbs etc. I had one candle that burned black all the way but I think it was a bad candle period. But I have learned to not over think the deviation. Also this is the first time I have burned a road opener for several things, love, success, money and specific intentions in each. The candle burns low on some days and high on some days...but generally in the evenings it burns high and as previously mentioned yesterday it had smoke everywhere but it was time to put it out. I have another question for u Bri if you get a chance to answer, have you used another wick when burning because the candle's melting drowned the flame?
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

question about hissing and popping in candle

New postby eagerbeaver88 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:24 pm

I wanted to know if anyone has had an experierience as to what it means when you hear lots of hissing and popping when doing a red vaginal candle? Like in the beginning lots of it but towards the end when it is almost all melted it is less. I hear there is always lots of this when using figural candles but this is my first experience.
eagerbeaver88

Re: question about hissing and popping in candle

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:16 pm

It depends what the objective of the vaginal candle was. I would say that the hissing and popping could mean the person is fighting you off, and that they are really protesting what you are doing. In general, if you really want to know I would say some divination is in order.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: question about hissing and popping in candle

New postby Miss Bri » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:20 pm

eagerbeaver88 wrote:I wanted to know if anyone has had an experierience as to what it means when you hear lots of hissing and popping when doing a red vaginal candle? Like in the beginning lots of it but towards the end when it is almost all melted it is less. I hear there is always lots of this when using figural candles but this is my first experience.

I usually interpret hissing and popping as spirits at work. They could be working for you or against you, I have had many situations where hissing and popping has indicated to me that my target is being protected by their ancestors/spirits. The way that the candle burned and the wax melted would need to be considered alongside the hissing and popping to give you a really clear idea of what was going on, and as Stars in the sky said, for that you need a person who does candle divination if you do not do it yourself.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Do candles ever burn without leaving a wax trace?

New postby path2success » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Can candles [apart from 4" altar & 6"offertory candles] ever burn without melting even a little? Every candle that I have used till now - be it 7 knob, bride n groom or nude figurals the flame gets very high and the candle starts melting off. In my 7 knob candle half the 2nd knob melted on the first day itself.
Any thoughts? Just wanna ensure that not all my spells are failing as they say a successful spell is indicated by a clean burn. But I do get +ve signs withing 3 days.

Note: I do not add herbs which may cause it to burn fast.

These are all LM candles so wanna know from other's experiences. ideally I feel when the flames gets high it will cause a candle to melt but just wanted to know some thoughts arnd this.
path2success

Re: Do candles ever burn without leaving a wax trace?

New postby Chagrinedgirl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:02 pm

I've had both vigil candles from LM and their 4" burn without leaving anything but a wick, and with the 7 day candle, herbs at the bottom. I took that as a good sign.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

New postby theusurper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm

my friend is doing the candle's spell for 7 days ,today she told me that for the 3er days the candles burned without leaving of wax but today the candle holder broked.can anyone tell me what that mean? the flame was hight and steady.
theusurper

New postby path2success » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:07 pm

i've had the same experience with vigil & 4" - they burn clean. But knobs and figurals don't and surprisingly even if both are for the same intention they burn differently.

Candle holder breaking is covered on the divination page on this website - just do a search you'll get it. Basically it means resistance from what i remember having read.
path2success

Candle burning meaning

New postby mmcpower » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 am

I am currently burning a St Jude candle and I noticed this morning a crack in the candle, it is for financial assistance. The candle is still burning and burning very clear, with the exceptions of some herbs on the glass, but at the very top there is about an inch crack, but not through or broken. Any idea what this could mean? The flame did burn really hot when I first lit it cause of the oils and herbs that I added, could that be the only reason? I do know that it is not a good sign when it breaks, but was not sure about a small crack. Also, should I just redo the candle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Marie
mmcpower

New postby LadyScylla » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I've had all sorts of candles burn down to just a bit of singed wick. If the candle is -perfectly- level, it tends to burn away completely. I always take that as a good sign, unless it burns -too- fast.
LadyScylla

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

New postby path2success » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Can someone recommend some good candle divination books. I did a lookup in the book section but couldn't find a candle divination book. It's more of tea leaves and tarot. I'm just looking for something simple not too much in depth divination.

Do any of the books on the LM site cover this topic maybe partially. It may not be the book title but there may be some info.

Note: I've already read the section on the LM site.
path2success

Re: Candle Divination book recommendation

New postby Mama Micki » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 pm

There are two books available from LM that have information on candle divination.

Rootwork by Tayannah Lee McQuillar has a couple of pages on reading candle wax drippings.

The Magical Power of the Saints by Ray Malbrough tells how to interpret glass vigil candles.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: Candle burning meaning

New postby catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:58 pm

A cracked glass never means good -- unless you are doing an explosive break-up spell. Do it again.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby mmcpower » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 am

Thank you
mmcpower

New postby theusurper » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 am

what about with the intranquility spell if the glass cracked the last day of the spell.
theusurper

New postby mmcpower » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm

OK so my St Jude Candle for love and reconciliation has burned down with no candle residue except for the herbs, does having the herbs at the bottom affect anything? And at this point how should I go about disposing of it? Also do I burn my petition or how do I dispose of it to not jeopardize the request.

Thanks for your guidance
mmcpower

Questions about Candle Wax

New postby Diolynn » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am

Hi All,

First, last night I performed a Call Me Back spell (posted previously on the forums). I lit a pink candle for a little extra oomph. It burned out, and the remains that I found was a small bit of wax with a little bit of the wick still in it.

Just for additional information, the candle holder is one made of stone that you can rotate depending on the size of the candle and the inside of this stone is hollowed out, so the wax with wick remained fused inside the candle size hole of the holder.

I saw on the candle reference page:
"A vigil candle burns down but leaves up to 1/2" of unburned wax at the bottom: If the candle was being burned to draw in new love or return an old love, then this sign means that the person will not come completely, just part-way, due to issues not caused by the client, but rather due to "unfinished business" on the part of the client's loved one."

This was the closet thing I could find for reading the wax. However, does it matter that it is a taper candle compared to a vigil candle? I feel that is an important distinction. Should I try not to use taper candles in the future, or does it really not matter? Also, I figured I would dispose of the wax by burying it in my backyard, but if the symbolism from the candle wax is negative (or not what I wanted from the spell results) should I bury it in another location? Oh, and is it ok to dispose of the candle remains near where I buried the bottle (The spell is a bottle spell from what I understand, I'm assuming this makes a difference?).

Thanks for any feedback!
Diolynn

Re: Questions about Candle Wax

New postby cabriellenil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm

As far as I can remember, the bottle you do for the Call Me Spell is to be put away while you wait for results to manifest, and you could shake it sometimes? I don't remember any poster saying 'bury the bottle' (though I could be wrong)? And I don't think one buries a bottle spell unless one isn't working it anymore.

If the candle was burnt to draw something to you, yes you bury it in your backyard anyway.

And yes taper tends to leave a bit more wax so it's hard to say. I think most of us use small altar candles. I must say these candle was 'signs' aren't always 'reliable' as there can be many variables in the situation. Then the signs can vary from one day to the next if your work is ongoing. Don't sweat over it too much. I wish you good luck!
cabriellenil

what kind of sings to know the spirit contact you

New postby theusurper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:31 pm

i'm trying to contact my brother who passed away many years ago. every night i burn a white candle with a glass of water but so far i don't see any kind of signal. by the way right now when i'm writing this post a little spider is in my bed and i have a lot of time that i don't see one. :o
theusurper

Re: what kind of sings to know the spirit contact you

New postby Tabbylove17 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm not an expert or anything, but my grandma used to tell me that when you try to look for a spirit. You miss them, so she told me to relax and I guess just like the movie Field of Dreams, they will come. I don't know anything about the spider unless your brother liked spiders or something, but I just see it as a spider.
Tabbylove17

Pieces of figural candles falling off

New postby cabriellenil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi Group

I'm hoping for some insights from those of you who've used figural candles in the past. So far I've used Crucifix, 7-knob and Skull candle.

The couple times I used the Crucifix, the arms didn't burn but fell off. Now I'm burning a skull candle - a couple pieces fall off, the wax melts and pools all over the place.

Is it common that pieces of figural candles fall off coz they're a bit 'away' from the wick, or a lot of the wax drips onto the plate? Or do they tend to burn cleaner than that?

And do you put the pieces back into place, or just leave them?

Thanks a lot.
cabriellenil

PreviousNext

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells