• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Reading Dual Candle Flames

New postby msdriethewitch » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Hello everyone.

Im currently doing a money ritual using a green altar candle which I have inscribed my name and various symbols then dressed in money drawing oils. I am also burning a green skull & crossbones candle which I have annointed in oils and herbs.

As both burn together, BOTH flames are tall and still. But I began to speak my about the petition to my spirits and watched both candles for a while. Well the flame on the skull & crossbones candle began to rise. It was about a half a foot high!!! (The flame was huge!) But it appeared to burn still. At the very tip however was a spiral of black smoke. And the longer I sat and watched it the more the smoke spiraled around and the spirals seemed to speed up. It was quite amazing actually. :shock: It also sparked just a little at the wick end of the flame but that didnt last long. But the darn flame itself was completely still!

The green altar candle just stayed still this whole time, not bending or dancing. The flame is maybe an inch and a half high on the altar candle. But theres no movement or popping sounds.

Now Ive made sure that there are no herbs affecting the candle flame of the skull & crossbones candle. I just need to know how to read the flames as a positive or negative. Ive read on the LM site that smoke may indicate some sort of resistance. But the flame itself was still! And the flame on the altar candle didnt do anything but burn straight and tall.

Since the two candles are burning for the same intention, can they be read as one? Or do they represent 2 separate petitions? I have attempted to design the spell so that the altar candle stands as a "backup" representation of the main intention that the skull and crossbones candle is burning for.

Thanks alot!
~Always Listening, Loving, and Learning~
msdriethewitch

Re: Reading Dual Candle Flames

New postby aura » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:40 am

Hi Msdriethewitch,

if you haven't already, reading through the following thread is a wonderful adjunct to the candle divination info on the LM site:
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-glass,-remains-t8537.html
While the thread is long, it is worth reading through the whole thing as it provides interpretation information for a number of conditions and contexts.

Ideally, to understand what is going on, I'd consider getting a reading by a member of the AIRR (www.readersandrootworkers.org/) who will also be able to give you some magical coaching as required.

As to how the flames can be read, personally, I'd read your skull and cross-bones as the priniciple work outcome and the green altar candle as any secondary (back-up) influences affecting the work since that's how you attempted to design the symbolism in the spell. That is merely my own 2c tho - to be certain, do get a reading.

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Amazing

New postby theusurper » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 am

This is something that let me with my mouth opened. Every M<W and F i burn the red candle in my honey jar that i have for more than a year and i had never seen anything like that,The residue of the candle left a cross with its base. look like the cross you see in the church,i don't know how to take this signal for good or for bad. our relationship is stable with ups and downs but good. please if someone can tell me what that mean, i will appreciated
theusurper

Re: Amazing

New postby Miss Bri » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 am

crosses are usually associated with blessings whereas X's may be associated with crossed conditions.
A cross can also signify a new religious (usually Christian) component in the situation.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Reading Dual Candle Flames

New postby msdriethewitch » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you aura. I read the LM thread and Im not sure Im understanding. The smoke from my skull candle came from the very tip. Im not quite understanding what the LM article means by burning clean at the end. The smoke was at the end (the very tip of the flame) so Im not understanding (sorry -_-) And I didnt see anything about the candle flame being tall and still. The flames did move but burned quite tall.

And yes I would LOVE to start getting magical coaching from an AIRR reader. But Im very very short on cash hence this ritual Im doing :P

Thanks again!
~Always Listening, Loving, and Learning~
msdriethewitch

Opinions on Road Opener vigil candle burning results

New postby Morrigan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:01 am

Hello all,

It’s my first post here though I have been using LM products for quite a while with excellent results, especially from the uncrossing and Van Van lines. I have recently bought a ‘Cut and Clear’ spell kit and combined it with a ‘road opener’ vigil candle as I wanted to clear all the bad history and negativity in my love life and move forward. Through the ‘Cut and Clear’ spell everything went smoothly, strong and stable flames, relatively fast burning, no wax dripping and almost zero residue left from the white candle (the black candle you have to blow out).

Afterwards, when I was done with the spell, and I had properly disposed of any remaining materials and a few days had passed, I lit my road opener vigil candle, combined with Van Van incense and asked in my petition for the road to be cleared of blockages so a new ideal partner can enter my life. The candle took around 4-5 days to burn, a few seconds after I lit it the flame split in two flames of equal size dancing together, which is something I consider a good sign when it comes to love spells (I’ve also read here that Ms. Cat also believes so), the two flames remained like that for a few minutes and then joined into one again. At the beginning the flame was dancing a lot and it burned relatively slow, after almost a day, the flame stabilized and became brighter. In the end when almost no wax was left the flame like in the beginning split in two flames dancing together and they remained like that until they went out, almost simultaneously.
When it comes to the glass case, there are very few herbs and some glitter but no wax on the top part for an inch or so but the rest of the glass is perfectly clear, no smudges, or a trace of wax, or a single herb is left.

The overall feeling I have is a positive one and I feel that the signs that I got are good. I guess things are going to be tricky and slow at first but it’s going to turn good and smooth eventually. Sorry for the long post but I’d really appreciate any opinions you may have on the matter.

Thanks for your help!
minima maxima sunt
Morrigan

Weird candle happenings

New postby lovealways » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:24 am

I hope this is in the correct area...I've done a few jars in the past, but never had this happen to me, and I'm not sure how to interpret this:

1. I was doing some work with a vinegar jar and the first few days everything was good. The last day of my work, the candle burned very fast and formed a long column/tear on the side of it - almost looking like a dagger! The next candle I used, I concentrated on the flame with all of my might with a lot of anger I was feeling, and all of a sudden the candle started tearing very fast, almost like it was bleeding or something.

2. I was also performing some hot footing work. This candle burned down in just one hour with a very strong flame. I know that's a good thing, but it left about 1/8th of an inch of smooth wax residue in the bottom of the glass...

3. Also, I was burning a purple candle to compel someone to get in touch with me. This candle started out burning very nicely, and then in the middle of the burn, the flame started going crazy, jumping and dancing all around with a few popping noises (very few) and the flame kept rising high until about the last quarter burn where it quieted down and resumed burning normally; and nope, no draft whatsoever. :)

These types of flames, residues, and burns I've never experienced, so I was hoping to get some opinions. Thanks.
lovealways

Re: Weird candle happenings

New postby Conjuremoon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:34 am

Hi there. Here is the page in the archive that teaches you how to do candle divination, how to see what it means. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

There is not every scenario in the book. However, you may want to write down what the candle did, the type of magic you were performing with it, and then what those signs mean to you. Alternatively you can get a reading with an AIRR root worker to see.
Conjuremoon

New postby lovealways » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:55 am

Conjuremoon wrote:Hi there. Here is the page in the archive that teaches you how to do candle divination, how to see what it means. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Hi,
thanks - I already looked there and read it several times! Lol. None of what I have read or experienced seem to cover what I experienced above, which is why I was asking for opinions. I am definitely going to have another reading after the holiday weekend. Thank you. :)
lovealways

New postby Ellis Crowfoot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:06 pm

I have had a few similar experiences. My personal conclusion about the sputtering flame somewhere in the midst of the burn was that some sort of blockage or resistance to the work was being encountered; but if the candle resumes a steady, clean burn thereafter then I would say that most likely the blockage has been worked through or successfully overcome. I have had the long column all the way down one side of a jar on a honey jar I was working. Because it happened abruptly and spent probably 75% of the candle's wax in a very brief time, I also concluded in that case that there was resistance to the work, or that the work was not going as smoothly as I'd like. I did a card reading on this at the time and got a confirmation; then I also received a confirmation in physical terms shortly thereafter. This led me to change my approach slightly and really turn the heat up on that particular working, which ultimately was successful.

Best wishes in your work!
Ellis Crowfoot
HRCC Graduate, Lucky Mojo Certified Practitioner

"The natural man can feel the earth's heart beat beneath his feet." (Henry David Thoreau)
Ellis Crowfoot

Re: Opinions on Road Opener vigil candle burning results

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 pm

It sounds like a positive burn. Clean burn with little wax left is generally positive. In the case of a Road Opener, I'd say the split in flames indicates a fork in the road, or obstacles opening up.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby lovealways » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi, EC,
so your opinion is that if the honey jar and vinegar jar, even though they are both for totally different results, both have columns at the end of a burn, it most likely means resistance?

Thanks,
LA
lovealways

New postby Ellis Crowfoot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I think that to some extent reading signs from candle burning is situational and individual. Some may disagree with this, but that has been my personal experience. Use your intuition and do (or have a reader do) a reading on the work. Use Miss Cat's reference page (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html) as a guideline, but I would suggest that ultimately you have to come up with your own system of interpretation based upon trial and error and the observation of what signs you see versus how your work plays out in the manifest world. As in dream interpretation or the like, there are no universals: the same symbol in two different minds or cultural contexts can mean two completely different things, and that doesn't necessarily mean that one is wrong and the other right.

That being said, I think it is generally accepted that a clean, even or "traceless" burn is usually optimal. Here's what Miss Cat says about it on the page linked above: "This means things will go well with the spell or blessing and that one will most likely get what one wishes for. If a glass encased vigil or novena candle burns and leaves no marks on the glass, that is best. If a free-standing candle leaves little or no residue, that is best."

On the other hand, a run of wax droplets down the side of a candle "...denote[s] that someone will cry before the spell succeeds. If the tears persist and form a tall column that never melts down, the sorrow will be of long effect." The shape you mentioned of the "dagger" on the side of the jar could certainly fall into this category.

My personal reading of the big, sudden pouring of wax down the side of a jar was that it was essentially the opposite of a normal, even-burning candle (which would have been the most desirable), and therefore indicated that there was some resistance to the work and that it wasn't going as smoothly or taking hold as much as I wanted it to. Perhaps the reading that someone would experience prolonged sorrow before the work was completed was true as well--but based upon my own intuition and my divinatory reading of the situation, it also meant that the work wasn't going exactly how I wanted and I needed to step things up and take a slightly different approach.

Watch the signs and see how the work you're doing plays out for you; then test those connections over time and your own process for interpreting such things will start to congeal. Personally, I think that is the best possible way to approach it, particularly given that there is no one right, universal mode of interpretation in this.

I hope that is somewhat helpful!

Best wishes,
Ellis Crowfoot
HRCC Graduate, Lucky Mojo Certified Practitioner

"The natural man can feel the earth's heart beat beneath his feet." (Henry David Thoreau)
Ellis Crowfoot

New postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:04 pm

lovealways, i do believe that most of the things you have seen are covered on that page -- popping noises, "tears" and other shapes in the wax, unburned wax in a glass candle. Here's a list of what is on the page:

SIGNS OBSERVED WHILE THE CANDLE BURNS

The candle flame flares, dips, gutters, and flares again, repeatedly
Your #3 The candle flame hisses, sizzles, pops, or makes other noises
Your #1, Part 1 A free-standing candle runs and melts a lot while burning
A free-standing candle lets out a lot of smoke but burns clean at the end
A pin or needle on a marked free-standing candle drops -- but it clings and won't fall
The candle goes out before completely burning
Your #1, Part 1 and Your #2, Part 1 The candle burns up overly fast
The candle burns unusually slowly or "won't go out"
The candle tips over and flames up into a fire hazard
The candle wick forms a "knot" or forms "twin flames"

SIGNS LEFT IN THE WAX RESIDUE FROM A CANDLE
The candle gives a clean, even burn with no tokens or signs
A free-standing candle burns down to a puddle of wax, forming images
Your #2, part 2 A vigil candle burns down but leaves up to 1/2" of unburned wax at the bottom

SIGNS LEFT IN OR ON THE CANDLE HOLDER, STAND, PLATE, SAUCER, GLASS, OR LABEL
A glass encased candle burns half clean and half dirty
There is a dirty, black, sooty burn (especially one that messes up a glass encased candle)
A glass encased vigil candle cracks or breaks, spilling wax
The glass or ceramic holder, saucer, or plate under a free-standing candle breaks or shatters
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby lovealways » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Ellis - you are awesome; this was great, and yes, definitely helpful. Thank you :)

Cat - Thank you for taking the time to highlight those lines - I better watch my attention to detail! :lol:

LA
lovealways

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

New postby jujubean » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:30 pm

I burned a skull candle to influence someone's thoughts. I am curious to hear what your thoughts are regarding how it burned. The entire candle burned into a pool of wax, it ended up spilling all over the carpet too BUT the "face" of the skull was still in tact, what do you all think of this?
jujubean

New postby Bipa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I am finding odd the remains on my vinegar jar
I have a honey jar, when things got messy between me and the guy it would leave a lot of tears, I've never had tears before in my honey jar and now it's filled with wax all over but after a while it started to burn clean again
and I have a vinegar jar to end the pointless relationship he decided to get into, I know for a fact that my intentions are going through but, there's always a puddle of wax, and the wick ends up drowning and leaving a little of the candle unburned..I've changed the type of candles to the same of the honey jar's because I thought the quality was the problem, but I got the exact same result.
I don't want to overthink this situation and get a reading on something I know is working just curious about it

here's a pic
http://i54.tinypic.com/2m84foh.jpg
Bipa

Candle Flame Low at Night and Normal During Day

New postby Scratchmade Sweets » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:31 am

I was promised a partnership deal with another business back in January. This deal has not come to pass. I know it will come soon but he just keeps saying we still want to do partnership, we'll have you going next week, our systems were hacked, blah, blah, blah. So now I am burning a purple candle with commanding oil, Essence of bend over, pay me now and some herbs to get this business deal going. I also included a picture of him inside the candle wax and cut out a purple skull candle dressing with EBO and commands written on the back and taped to the outside of the candle. I have red peppers around the base of the candle and the petition paper under saucer with John Conquer Root and some commanding herbs.

I was burning this candle each night in the late hours and blowing tobacco smoke on the skull and speaking to him. I noticed that when I lit the candle at night it would burn very low all night until the next morning. Well I decided to let it burn straight through and now it burns fine.

I was thinking on this and I got the answer in my head. I believe it to have been a "sign" from the spirits telling me to keep fire on this 24/7. So maybe the next time anyone burns a candle and the signs are not good, then maybe it had to do with timing or how you are doing the spell. Do a divination.

What are your thoughts. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Scratchmade Sweets

Understanding Purple Wax Images: Bear, Caves, Man

New postby Scratchmade Sweets » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 am

My latest candle, a purple candle to control someones thoughts and make good on promise. Purple candle fixed with pay me oil and commanding oil and herbs. Cut out purple skull and wrote person name and commands on it & dressed w/EOBO - taped to candle. Red peppers around base of candle to get heat on the situation, petition paper and pic. This candle was burned to get a business deal for an online bakery to sale my products on their site. He's done nothing but procrastinate and each time I ask if he still wants to proceed he assures me yes. Well to get to the point.

ITS AMAZINGLY WEIRD BUT I usually GET VERY DETAILED IMAGES IN THE WAX. The wax that's left on the inside of the glass are:

Side view of smiling Bear looking forward with water splashing around his feet and fish jumping out. He ignores the fish and looks forward.

A bit behind him (behind his back) are two caves that have faces. the opening to the cave are mouths. Behind the 2nd cave is the guy I am working on. Standing with half of his body peering around the caves.

The candle went out once with 1/4 inch of wax left. I prayed, re-lit it and it burned out all the way to the bottom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll assume the cave may have been where the bear was hibernating, but why the faces on the caves?? Bears hibernate until Spring/Summer (we r in summer now) and has awaken and its time to feed (but why he is not?) the bear symbolizes many things.

Because the bear is cautious, it encourages discernment to humankind.
Because of a fierce spirit, the bear signals bravery to those who require it.
Because of its mass and physical power, the bear stands for confidence and victory.
Because it prefers peace and tranquility (in spite of its size), Bear calls for harmony and balance.

Why the guy is hidding behind the cave I don't know. Normally a person would hide behind a cave with a bear in sight if it was afraid or just trying to hide.

I did a card reading and all signs indicate success, union, victory with final card being the Strength card. Got a lot of "#2" cards and cards with images of 2 items. The candle is throwing me a bit.

Thanks for your input!
Scratchmade Sweets

Glass Exploded

New postby LovelyLove » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Okay so I have 7 San Alejo (St. Alex) candles to rid a woman out of my life that has been dating my ex. She harasses me by phone, internet, etc. I chose not to respond to the childish ways so I figured doing a vigil candle to San Alejo (St. Alex) to rid my enemy. It was prepared with sulfur, san alejo powder, black salt, keep my enemy away oil and reverse oil. The first candle burned completely black all the way down, the second was black on top and clear on bottom, the 3rd, 4th were clear. Yesterday morning I used the flame from the 5th candle to light the 6th candle due to the 5th candle was almost completely burned, well the flame has been burning high and strong since the first candle, at times it would make popping noises. I know what all these things mean but my question is, the 5th candle once it had about 1/2 inch left, the glass busted. I literally busted the glass so hard, a piece of the glass flew across the wall. Obviously not expecting this, it caught me off guard and scared me, but once I realized what happened, I was very happy because I feel as if it was a sign that she is going to fall apart in her life the way she has tried to dismantle mine. I know that glass breaking isn't a good sign but considering the type of candle it was for, I believe this to be a good sign. Any insights or similar stories? (oh side note, I made a hole in each candle all the way to the bottom of the candle and inserted a picture of the woman I want to get out of my life and curse back anything negative she sends my way) Plus I its really great to get to watch your enemy burn!!! :mrgreen:
LovelyLove

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:30 am

This is a lucky mojo product forum for their products not general talk about any old products from anywhere, but specifically for customers of lucky mojo to ask and advise about the products they pick up from LM.

Generally the signs you've provided aren't the best. The candle burning black several times indicates open resistance and it busting generally means breaking your hold or sending the spell back.

Your best bet is to get a reading.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm

I agree with Conjureman Ali.

You should look for getting a reading through AIRR. www.readersandrootworkers.org

Lastly, you can refer to this page when you want to look at the meaning of signs.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Honey Jar next to Black Candle -- Signs? Coincidences?

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello All,

Hopefully some of you more experienced practicers can shed some light on my situation.

I'm doing a simple love spell to bring back my ex.

I've started a honey jar with personal things from me and him, and he has come around quite a bit.

I'm also working on a sepration spell towards him and the other woman. Based on the fact that he is always with/communicating with me, as opposed to a month ago when I started, I would say its going according to planned.

I have a black candle burning continuosly beside my honey Jar which is lit once a day. The flame on it is low and wild within the glass casing, with no breeze or winds to influence it. The flame on my honey jar is high and still, always. With them being right beside each other, this has drawn a slight concern.

Just before I wrote this, my honey jar's red candle burned all the way down, but caught the lid on fire for about a minute. It put itself out. It may have been the left over wicks from other candles, but Immediately after the flame died, my black candle 'popped' and continued burning as it has been.

Do any of you see any coincedence or meaning in that? What about the flame sizes/ behaviours? I HAVE read the flame interpretation page, but would also like to hear an opinion on it.

*as a side note, I've also been burning free standing purple and blue candles dressed accordingly to help 'aid' in the results I'm after. Any suggestions to speed thongs up? As the honey jars are are slow process.

Thanks Everyone :)
WrittenInTheStars

Re: looking for a little guidance with candle work

New postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:04 am

I would say that that rival is putting up quite a fight, and that is what you are seeing in the black candle. You may need to attack from another angle as well to get the results you are looking for. Perhaps work a jar spell on the two of them with Inflammatory Confusion, or you could try a freezer spell to freeze her out of his life - there are many different approaches you could take.

I would suggest a reading and consultation with an AIRR worker to see what other work would be indicated to get you your results. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:51 am

Thank You Devi,

I will definitely look into those, and I contacted some readers from the board to see if I can get a reading done. Just waiting on a reply now :)
In the meantime, do you or any other members have any suggestions or tips on how to maybe 'intensify' my honey jar? Any herbs (because I didn't include any) or specific prayers? It contains about 7 oils, personal fluids, lodestones, cinnamon,his/my hair,High John root,2 cloves, and a petition paper. I've been burning pink,red, yellow and light blue candles on top dressed in a few oils....I want him to be more sexual, more...I guess you can say 'initiating'. When he's around, he makes gestures, but shys away when I advance. Then he gets fidgety when I leave it alone because he really DID wanna get into things :p...am I taking the wrong approach in not being pushy?

And what do you think about the seperation work I'm doing? I have a black encased candle, where I wrote in red marker my wishes for their seperation. I dropped separation and confusion oil inside, and burn it on top of their pictures which are facing opposite directions. How efficient do you think that is/will be?

Any suggestions on what to order from LM to help me out? In terms of my Jar, separating them, and protection for myself against her?
WrittenInTheStars

New postby jwmcclin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 am

Try wearing Kiss Me Now (http://www.luckymojo.com/kissmenow.html) or Fire of Love (http://www.luckymojo.com/fireoflove.html) as a personal scent when you are in the company of your target.

Kiss Me Now is designed to bring about quick sexual luck...
Fire of Love is designed to increase passion...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

Try placing your rivals photo upside down in that work - it will make it harder for them to communicate that way, and basically just make it so they can't see "eye to eye". I would use Break Up oil, not Separation, as Separation is intended to bring about a peaceful and amicable break...and sometimes that can take some time. Break-Up is much more volatile and "hot", than Separation. I'd also be working a break-up bottle on the two of them, and see if you can bury that jar on their property where they will walk over it. Or empty the contents where they will walk over it.

As to the honey jar, work it every day - three times a day if you are able. Cloves are a bit more "friendship-y" than not, try a pinch of ginger for some added sweet heat and passion, and perhaps some cubeb berries as well. I would balance that with some orange peel or orange blossom for sincerity. However, you may want to suppliment a red penis candle with Fires of Love and Kiss Me Now to really get him going towards you.

However, if you are getting a reading and consultation, you may wish to wait to see what that shows.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

Devi I'm flipping that photo over right now. That makes perfect sense. I will order the break up oil as well...can I use it WITH the seperation and confusion oils?...I'm going to try a break up bottle as well. They don't live together so I won't be able to bury it on their property, but I do work with the guy, so if I empty it by his car, would that do any good?

For the Honey Jar, is it ok to open it and add those things, or should I place them at the base to be covered in wax? And when you say 3 times a day, do you mean I can dress and burn 3 different candles a day?

I'm still waiting on a reply about the reading :)...
Thanks for all your help.
WrittenInTheStars

New postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 am

Separation and Break-Up work VERY differently, but they do complement one another.

Separation is meant to gently remove emotional ties between two people without causing violent discord so that they can go their separate ways in a fairly peaceful and non-drama filled way. Confusion means to make confusing and misunderstanding situations occur, quarrels means to have them argue, and divorce means to cause them to formally break ties.

CAN-GLS-SEPA
Separation Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Break Up is meant to stir up all kinds of serious trouble between them to drive them forcibly apart, and Confusion and Inflammatory Confusion products complement it well.

CAN-GLS-BREA
Break-Up Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

You can open the honey jar to put more love items inside. Say your prayer with each item you add.

You don't necessarily have to burn 3 candles per day, you can if you want of course - but do pray strongly over it 3 times.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re: Honey Jar next to Black Candle -- Signs? Coincidences?

New postby catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Don't burn the black break up candle next to the honey jar. Set them on different altar-spaces, light them at different times. Wash up spiritually between times dealing with each in its own space. Having the rival's photo upside down is a great suggestion.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

Ok Cat, I will seperate them. I was actually wondering if that had any influence. Thank you.:)
I have the black candle burning continuosly, and the honey jar is lit once a day. Are you suggesting I out the black candle when I'm going to light my jar, then light it again when the jar candle burns down?
I was thinking that leaving the black one burning would keep the seperation work on going, while the jar works on keeping him sweet to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
WrittenInTheStars

New postby catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 am

If the black candle is a vigil light, keep it burning continuously. I presume the honey jar lights are small, free-standing candles. Those can burn straight through and new ones be places on the lid.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes Cat, The black candle is a vigil light while the honey jar lights are small 4" ones.

If i were to burn a figural candle (red, male 'adam') on top of the jar, could i dress it with the above mentioned oils and maybe some more?

I was thinking Come To Me, Love Me, Follow Me Boy, Essence of Bend-Over, Marriage, Fre of Love, Adam and Eve and St. Expedite oils.

I would carve HIS name, and have his picture with a written petition under the saucer that the candles in. I can also hollow out the bottom and put some of his hair and Juniper peppers.

I'm also going to burn a red 7 day glass candle with the same oils, just to intensify the love work.
WrittenInTheStars

New postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

I would not personally put the St. Expedite or the Bend Over into that mix if I were you.

St. Expedite doesn't generally work in love cases, so unless you've had some divination indicate that he's willing to work for your love situation, I would leave him out.

Essence of Bend Over has a coercive or harsh humiliation edge to it. Unless he's the type of person that really gets off on being humiliated, I would leave that alone at this point. They just don't jive well with the love oils. (It is also used in business situations and is not a love oil per se).

You may also wish to leave the Marriage out until he's back and things are more secure. Just concentrate on getting him back with you and your relationship back on track before trying to bring about a Marriage.

MORE oils does not necessarily mean a better or stronger effect. Better to choose just a very few oils that complement one another, then just throwing the kitchen sink in an unfocused way at it.

You can certainly use a nude male figure candle (adam candle) loaded with his concerns on top of the jar.

CAN-FIG-MARE
Male Nude Figure (Adam) Candle, Red
$5.00

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby Ashley » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 pm

I am working on a honey jar for my ex-bf, and it has about 1/2 inch of wax left on the cover of the jar. And when I pray and mark petition on the candle, it's slightly different from the petition paper in the jar.

Few days ago, I burn candle with road opener oil on the side of my jar, for two days. And I change my petition marked on the candle back to the same of my petition paper, and I sing along a sweet song that I would like to sing to my ex. On the next day, I found that all the left wax are clear, only wicks left. I see that as a very good sign.
But I am curious that I need to pray as same as the petition I write on the paper?
Thank you so much LuckyMojo~ I learn so much from the forum. Thanks all~
Ashley

New postby deadboy1313 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am

Hello, i am brand new to this forum but had a pretty interesting thing happen to me last nite/this morning and i was wondering about the forums thoughts on it...

I have been doing a kind of combo spell to help my love who is in rehab right now kicking heroin and pain pills. we were together for 2 years during her habit and both of us are practicioners of the Voodoo reigion in the broadest sense of the term. She has been into it far less time then i but has often built her own shrines to me in her other rehabs after we broke up due to her drug problem and she recently came back after 9 months of us apart.

We were doing great and then she started relapsing and both her mother and i convinced her to go back into rehab this time long term for 6 months...

the first few weeks i talked and visited often but then her mother got in between us and hacked her facebook took her phone etc the last time i saw her i left her candles pictures of me and the two of us and of course some roses for her new shrine, which is not looked highly upon in a [specific religion that is not Voodoo] rehab, but its the only one we could get her into for free...

since we have stopped talking and i got a text from her mom saying we need to take a break, i have been doing a return to me, true love, and healing spell to try and aid her in both her return to our love that has spanned both europe and california and of course to help her heal and the toxins to be free of her system and her head and heart to clear.

So i was given a giant glass candle holder by my mother and for nearly a month have been doing candle work with it. using mostly green, pink and white candles, no black ones this time, no dark magic at all just purity and love for this, anywaze its been nearly a month and my giant glass candle holder was 3 quarters full of wax, fresh pink rose petals, some clear quartz crystal, orange quartz crystal and little bits of her hair from a dread lock she left me as well as small tokens of our love...

last nite around 3 am the glass candle holder shattered but the strange thing is no wax spilled out i dabbed a bit of love oil on a paper with her name on it written dozens upon dozens of times and lit a final pink candle to burn into the broken glass and again no wax spilled.

yesterday i finally rode out on my motorcycle to hand deliver a letter to her in red ink along with my key that i wear around my neck that i was given on the pirates of the carribean set when i was working at universal studios a few years back... all my other letters had been blocked and deleted when her mother hacked her facebook and stole her phone so this is the first contact i have had with her in nearly a month.

then this morning at 3 the glass candle holder shattered, i have been taking it as the break through that we two have been needing and a good sign of things to come when she returns sober with a clear head and heart. i buried the remains of the spell in front of the window to my room where she often climbed into and recently made her return to me after 9 months.

i have another brass candle holder now sitting where the glass candle holder was and a wealth of pink candles still along with a copper coated one for extra strength in our candle work...

i again am feeling like this has been the break through we have been needing to hold onto hope love and faith but i am curious to see what the forum thinks since it is full of fellow practicioners... has the spell run its course and now is breaking into the physical world?
deadboy1313

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am

Ashley -- You are working aainst yourself by becoming hung up on WORDING. If the petition is for the same thing as the prayer -- that is, if you have not changed the INTENTION of your work, then wording alone will not cause the work to fail. This is not a game of rules, like chess; this is work from our hearts offered to the world of Spirit.

Deadboy1313 -- A broken candle glass is always a bad sign, unless you WANT a break-up, in which case it means the break-up will be explosive. See

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby deadboy1313 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am

uggg well that sucks alot, since i was thinking it was a good omen and i was working towards getting my true love back and clean, anything i can do to help remedy this? ive heard both good and bad omens from it... and in fact had 3 scarab beetles fly into the window it was next to shortly after i buried the glass and candle mass left... both of our horoscopes are super positive today... at least on facebook... help?
deadboy1313

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Deadboy1313 --

1)
I would recommend Cast Off Evil and Healing work for her:

SPL-KIT-CAST
Cast Off Evil Spell Kit
$31.00

2) I would perform Reconciliation and a Honey Jar for the two of you while she is in rehab. You will need to wait until she is out of rehab and has been in the outside world at least two months sober and clean before you will know whether you have a chance with her.

SPL-KIT-RECO
Reconciliation Spell Kit
$27.50

Good luck to you both!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Great info guys, thank you.

SAINT EXPEDITE:
I think I picked up on the St. Expedite somewhere on LM, not sure if it was for a Love spell, but I know it said to use it to speed things up. Ah well lol...:P

BEND-OVER VS. DOMINATION:
I don't want to humiliate my target as he doesn't take kindly to that (he's a leo, his pride is going to get the best of him one day lol) more like make him bend to my will and do as I say without second guessing or questioning. I wouldn't lead him down the wrong path. How about a little Domination oil?

MARRIAGE OIL:
The marriage oil can wait...i'll work on getting him back first, as suggested ;)

DIVINATION REQUEST:
I burned an Adam candle on my jar last night. I lit it, prayed and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, it had about 1 min left to burn and I watched it put itself out. How coincidental is that! :D lol..perfect timing. It kinda burned/split in 2 like a banana peel down both sides. The wax stiffened in this shape, and there's not much touching the saucer. Its kinda just suspended in this odd shape. I guess that's ok, right? :s Any thoughts on that guys?

ONGOING WORK:
I am continuing my black break up candle on a seperate alter.

PLANNED WORK:
I started a 7 day red glass candle, but I was thinking to burn and talk to a red skull candle starting tonight for the next week as well. How effective would a red skull candle be, if dressed with Influence, Return/Love/Stay with me, Follow Me Boy, Fire of Love...and maybe Domination? I would put Juniper Berries in the eyes. I would set it either on top of my honey jar or on top of a new petition and picture, as recommended.
WrittenInTheStars

New postby deadboy1313 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:18 pm

kinda broke but thanks will totally take the suggestion when i have a lil loot
deadboy1313

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:20 pm

1)
Saint Expedite will speed things up, but there are specific ways to work with him and vows to be made. You can;t just toss his oil on something and think your have sped it up. He will work for love and for healing, if you know how to approach him. He is more often petitioned for money drawing, job-getting, and gambling luck.

CAN-GLC-SEXP
St. Expedite Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

2)
It's your world, and if you want to make him bend over, go right ahead, or dominate him if you so choose. I prefer a man who is cooperatively yoked.

OIL-HOO-IDOM
I Dominate My Man Oil
$6.00

3) Wise choice, i think.

4)
See the thread on candle divination (a very long one) --

We cannot do candle divinations by verbal description alone. I suggest that if you need help, you hire a rootworker from AIRR for a ten-minute consultation and email them a photo of the wax results for them to read for you.

which-airr-workers-do-$10-00-ten-minute-readings--t14001.html

5) Good deal.

6)
I love red skull candles. I'd say go for it.

CAN-FIG-SKRE
Skull and Crossbones Candle, Red
$5.50

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby LovelyLove » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanks for the replies. I do purchase from LM which is why I ask question but not everything I sometimes need can be found. I didn't mean to offend anyone but I always appreciate advice to gain knowledge. Thanks again for the links, I will do! :mrgreen:
LovelyLove

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Thank you Cat!
i'm looking through that thread, and it is indeed long. But very informative none the less :)

I started my red skull candle and i've NEVER seen a flame so big! :shock:

The flame is literally 4-5" inches high and very steady, but there is a thin line of smoke going straight up and spiraling on the ceiling. It may be due to the oils because it has gotten clearer then almost disappeared as the candle burns, but according to the candle divination page, a high, spiraling flame is a good sign.
My target should be asleep now, hopefully it's working already and his dreams are consumed by ME ;)
I'll put the candle out in the morning when we both wake up, and continue again at night.

Is it possible for one love candle to effect the other? Maybe influence it or cause a reaction for the better? I'm asking because my red glass candle has been burning very steadily, but when i started my red skull, which is right beside it and dressed in almost the same oils, the flame started to dance after maybe 10 minutes and it hasn't stopped.
WrittenInTheStars

New postby Ashley » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Sorry Cat :oops: , as I am new, and I found there is different when I mark differently, so I ask.

My original petition is Love Me, Return to Me, but I changed to Miss Me, Call Me. So I would like to know if I can change like this.
Ashley

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 am

I'm sorry to be so persistant, but something strange just happened and I have no idea what to make of it.

As I wrote above, everything was ok with my candles to my understanding.

I went to sleep, watching my candles and meditating on my requests.

I had a dream that was driving in an open space but somehow lost control of the wheel and felt my car was 'pulled' in the direction of off roading and flying into a ditch WAY out of range from where I was driving. I felt myself trying to stop the car and wake up, which I managed to. I woke up frightened. Upon waking up, I looked at my candles, they were fine.Maybe 15 mins later, it started pouring rain outside which caused me to open my eyes. To my surprise, the skull candle was out completely and the flame on my red vigil was back to its still, normal self!! :o
I said some prayers, re-lit the skull and spoke to it.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, as the wick was covered in wax. I'm thinking the wind from the rains could have caused it to bend and out itself....but then what about the dream and the vigil's flame changing again? :S
WrittenInTheStars

New postby Devi Spring » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 am

Well, the "call me" part of your petition requires a whole different batch of herbs and such than the love/return petition does. So you may want to work a separate trick to get the communication open again. Use some Road Opener oil combined with Mercury oil, combined with some deer's tongue, a parrot feather, and tobacco to gain communication. There's a whole thread on "call me" workings you can look at - contact-me,-call-me,-reconnect-spell-questions-and-answer-t2982.html
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby Ashley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 am

Really thanks Devi ;) , I have read the link you post, and I have tired a few methods before, but still haven't got his call :shock: . In fact we are still in contact but my target just never initiate the communication.

And may I ask, how to use the items you listed? to re-make a honey jar, or use them to make a mojo bag?

Thousand Thanks!!
Ashley

New postby Devi Spring » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:13 am

No,I wouldn't remake the honey jar. I would probably put those together with a petition paper folded into a packet, burn candles on top of it, and keep it by the phone.

However, if you've been working for a bit and you're not seeing the results you want, then you may wish to get a reading on the situation to see what is keeping him from responding to you. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby prayer10 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:50 am

Began a honey jar earlier, burnt a red birthday candle on it dressed in LM's Love Me Oil.

There was a heart formed northwest of the candle. Once the candle finished burning, the heart was still there, but everything morphed into what looks like a person kneeling, with the heart now being the head.

I took it as a positive sign, and feel confident about the start of my work.
prayer10

New postby catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

Great sign!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby MissMichaele » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 am

WrittenInTheStars, you've been going back and forth with us on this thread for a week now. You've gotten some good advice on this thread, and you've followed it :) but now the signs are getting complicated. The latest action of the candles, plus the dream, mean something -- first of all, that you should CHOOSE A READER and get a reading. There are plenty of good, honest workers at AIRR.

Miss Michaele
For a reasonably priced, honest psychic reading RIGHT NOW, call HOODOO PSYCHICS at
1-888-4-HOODOO

http://forum.luckymojo.com/hoodoopsychics-com-instant-readings-from-members-of-airr-t16224.html
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

New postby WrittenInTheStars » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 am

Miss Michaele, I did manage to choose a reader. I'm just waiting on my turn now :)
WrittenInTheStars

New postby catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am

WrittenInTheStars, i am sorry, but i am going to repeat what was written above, this time in bold lettering:

We cannot do candle divinations by verbal description alone. I suggest that if you need help, you hire a rootworker from AIRR for a ten-minute consultation and email them a photo of the wax results for them to read for you.

We also cannot do dream interpretations for you on an ongoing basis. This is not a free psychic forum. As Miss Micahaele said, you need a rootwork consultation, and as i said above, a ten minute / ten dollar consultation should be adequate. Again, repeated from above:

See the thread on candle divination (a very long one) --

which-airr-workers-do-$10-00-ten-minute-readings--t14001.htmll

If you feel the need for a consultation on what these signs mean or for mentorship in divination of signs so that you can learn to divine your own rootwork signs, there are many competent AIRR workers who can help with either plan of action.

Thanks for understanding.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby Good_as » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Good nite all: I have a question. I am burning a glass encased road-opener candle. I am burning it in sections. However, I noticed that halfway through the candle the top part of the glass became sooty. What does this mean? and should I continue burning the candle??
Good_as

New postby prayer10 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am

Good_as.

The answers you are looking for are here on this link.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Scroll down to the part where it lists the: SIGNS LEFT IN OR ON THE CANDLE HOLDER, STAND, PLATE, SAUCER, GLASS, OR LABEL.

Good luck to you on your work.
prayer10

Skull Candle Wax Signs

New postby battleship » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:22 am

I used a Red Skull Candle to keep me on my lover's mind. I also burned a white offertory candle as well, which burned clean. Underneath that candle I placed an Ace of Cups. When I first started to burn the Skull candle, it looked as though it would burn clean as well and had a strong flame. For some reason I dreamed that i had snuffed the candle out and decided to use it as a 3 day spell, so I figured that happened in real life as well. When I woke up, the candle wax was everywhere, it wasn't a clean burn. Part of the skulls face remains attached, mostly the back of the head melted, and some of the drippings went onto the Ace of Cups card. I posted some pictures. Also when I lit the candle, I pulled a few cards and everything looked positive. I got the upright 3 of wands and upright magician next to each other. Could I get some insight?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/ ... CN1505.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/ ... CN1504.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/ ... CN1503.jpg

Re: Skull Candle Wax Signs

New postby Miss Ida Lundin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:40 am

I think he has a lot of stuff on his mind, that you are one thing he's thinking about. But that he has lots of other stuff on his mind as well. I would supplement with some cleansing and clarity. Figural candles usually leaves more wax then taper candles.
Miss Ida Lundin

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 am

I think we can analyze your situation, but it would be better for you to get an opinion for a reader. I am just saying you may get many different interpretations.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby DelArca » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 am

Hard to say, since we don't know all the factors involved and you only gave us 2 of the cards you drew etc. You said your white 'offertory' candle burned clean - what exactly was that one for?

If I had burned this candle to make someone think of me(as you stated), then I would take this as a fail . . . but that is just me. That the unnatural thoughts arose and tempted his mind, but he found them at best unrealistic or even distracting/annoying and had enough power to banish them effectively(magician card). That's just me though and knowing only what you wrote.

You should order a reading with Ms. Cat and e-mail those photos in advance so she can assess your situation and all the details involved. I'd say at least 30 minutes if you want details and advice on whether it is worth pursuing etc. Good luck
DelArca

PreviousNext

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells