• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: Bride & Groom candle caught fire during Reconciliation Ritua

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Read cat's discussion on Bride & Groom candle destinations here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... tml#signsA
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

What to do when signs on a candle do a complete turn around?

Unread postby LilCassandra » Mon May 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Two candles I burned at Lucky Mojo for reconciliation and returning were disasters to say the least. My own first candle I burned was very sooty, so I expected that. Following the advice to ask for a time on how long to try for a relationship (it seemed the Divine was telling me 3 months so I'm trusting my instinct) I burned a second candle in my apartment after the first. This second candle, while slightly hazy, neither cracked nor became black. After this second candle, my own Tarot readings on the subject went from give up and move on to a solid, though far off in the future, yes.

I'm getting a reading next week as obviously the situation is more complicated than I thought, and if the signs point to goodbye, I'll cut and clear and move on. But with such a turn around between two weeks, does this mean a change of heart, such as the fading of anger after an explosive fight? Should I continue my own work until the reading or pause and wait? With reconciliation work, I like to start strong and follow through, so I hesitate to put a pause on work that might turn out. I could really use some advice on this one.
LilCassandra

Re: What to do when signs on a candle do a complete turn around?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon May 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Actually you can and have answered these questions, you had a fight and things were shaky to say the least. Reconciliation is to sooth those hostile feelings, the reading will give you the insight you are seeking in terms of 'what next' If you completed the full spell...the followup would be a candle to keep heat on the situation. I would burn a 7 day vigil until the reading, if I felt the inclination and the feelings of anger have subsided.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby LilCassandra » Mon May 23, 2011 5:33 pm

It's just the candle report for the first two candles was literally there is no hope (one of them cracked TWICE) cut and clear, and then this huge turn around happened...I guess I just needed to see someone else say my idea isn't just wishful thinking.
LilCassandra

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:15 am

I agree with Jwmcclin...I would continue burning candles, and wait until your reading. Things may have started off rough, but there may be a slight chance of hope. But I can tell you that things may turn around for a certain amount of time, or they may stay that way. Sometimes things may make a recovery only to go right back to crap....and sometimes things may make recovery but even then the best thing maybe to move on.

I think the reading will give a better indication.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Signs

Unread postby choice01 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 am

On the first day I burned a fire of love candle on top of my honey jar with the 4 inch pink candle I ordered from lucky mojo and it burned for an hour with no problems and no residue, the candle wax was clear on top of the jar. (I also dressed the candle with chuparossa satchet powder)
The next day I burned the reconciliation candle on top of my honey jar but it left residue that looked like a heart to me and small circles joined to it. I used a pink 4 inch candle. (I also dressed the candle with chuparossa satchet powder and crumbled rose petals). It burned for like an hour.
Today I burned a fire of love candle (pink) dressed with chuparossa satchet powder and it burned for almost two hours. It melted all the wax from the previous day and the flame would not go out even though all the wax was gone. When it finally went out, there was no wax left on the lid. The lid is clear. Any idea what all this means, especially this candle.
choice01

saint martha candle turns half black

Unread postby bluenightsky » Sun May 29, 2011 12:12 pm

ive been using a saint martha candle and at first the first couple of candle would burn clear, but now that last couple of candles burn black, with the glass of the candle turning black, these are 7day candles, can some one please tell me why they are burning black? oh and i also put a piece of paper with the person i wish saint martha to help me with, i make a hole in the candle and place the pice of paper in the hole as deep as it goes. it seems as though when the candle wick reaches the pice of paper and burns the flame gets big and turns the candle half of the candle glass black and then burns clean. can some one please tell me why this happens, what does it mean?
bluenightsky

Re: saint martha candle turns half black

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Dah! That's why it turned black, paper petition should be placed under the candle or secured to the candle. Also, read here on candle divination (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC2)

For future reference, consider mundane reasons first for a candle burn; wind direction, etc...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Of course the flame is going to get really big when it burns the paper. Have you ever just burned a piece of paper? It's a really big flame. And then when you soak it in liquid wax, it's impregnanted with additional fuel which will make it burn hotter and longer than if it was just a plain piece of paper. And it's going to make a great deal of smoke and soot on your glass. If the flame gets too hot you'll not only end up with black sooty glass, you'll end up with a broken glass too because it will crack or even burst outwards - not safe!

That's why when petition papers are used with vigil candles, they are usually placed underneath the glass jar, or sometimes taped to the outside of the candle glass.

Sometimes I add a petition paper into a candle that way, but I make it TINY - and I mean .5"x.5" and rolled up. And, yes, it will burn up at the end more often than not, and it can cause a problem with the burn, which I why I only do that when strongly led to. If you want to add petition papers directly into the light you're working as a part of your regular practice, then make an oil lamp instead and pin it to the wick in the reservoir -or in the case of a really old style oil lamp made from a bowl and vegetable oil, then place the petition paper underneath the herbs you put into the bottom).

Momma Starr of AIRR has recently done some blogtalkradio shows on candle burning in conjure in which she talks about a lot of different, old methods for working with candles that I think would benefit you. You might want to look those up. They're great.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Agreed with everyone else. Put the candle under the candle with a candle holder or if its vigil put it under the vigil/glass candle. There is not need to put it in a big hold inside the candle.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread postby Bipa » Mon May 30, 2011 5:59 am

I burned a white male and female candles on top of my honey jar and annointed them for reconcilliation purposes.
I was surprised that the male candle burned really fast, while the female had only burned the head, his only had the legs left and the wax ran to the front and very little to the back It was hard to even snuff the candle it just didn't want to stop. When I lit the candles again it took minutes for the candle to burn all the way down and what I found strange was that the flame from his candle melted the front of the female candle so it didn't take long for wax to be all over the place! It took less than 1 hour for his candle to burn all the way down!
Mine, on the other hand dripped most of the wax to the back and what was left of it curled that way which caused the contents of the honey jar to bubble because of the heat. Are this normal things to happen??
Bipa

My candle set fire in a corona of flame...meanings?

Unread postby EmeraldRose » Mon May 30, 2011 3:15 pm

So I'm working on a follow my boy spell that involves a penis candle. I've been working on it for a few days now and I've seen results. My boy is committing and whatnot. I thought last night might be huge. Didn't work out, but I continued the spell.

As I was meditating and visualizing the whole top of the candle ignited into one big flame. It didn't appear flammable or that the whole candle was on fire, just that the whole top of the candle was one big wick. It also didn't melt any faster than normal. There was no dressing oil on the sections that were on fire, it just ignited.

I promptly snuffed it out with my fingers but reaching into the flame felt warm, but not hot...I didn't burn myself.

Today when I relit the candle it burned as normal. When I lit the candle today it didn't seem any different than the first several days.

I've read a lot of posts but haven't seen anything like this. Any thoughts, ideas or meanings?

Should I continue with the spell or start anew?

Thanks for your help.
EmeraldRose

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 am

I think that you need to complete the entire spell. If the candle has a large flame, then your prayers are being heard. You are probably not going to see results when you are DOING the spell. It can take 3 days for signs, 3 weeks for movement, 3 months for a final outcome.

Complete the spell then get some divination done. Trust your work.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby bluenightsky » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:47 pm

ohh well that all does make sense. well i burned the paper with the candle bc some one who is guiding me threw this told me too. i use to burn the paper and turn on the candle with the paper burning should i do that? is it just as strong if i dont burn the paper and put it under? is it bad that ive been burning the paper with the candle? i just want this person to come back soon...
bluenightsky

Unread postby mimiso » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 am

Hi Everyone!!

Good morning!

I've done like 3 uncrossings/protections before I did my prosperity work. and I'm working on my LM money drawing kit, and have lit a couple other prosperity kits on the side, The candle wax is all tears. do the tears signify that it's burning all of the sad and scarce emotions? or there's something hindering it? hmmmm. Is it best to always keep an uncrossing and protection running while we're doing prosperity work? what do you think? I really value the opinion of everyone on this forum.
mimiso

Unread postby miziluvhoodoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 am

Hello! Me and my ex bf had a real ugly argument last Friday and we broke up. I hadn't heard anything from him since then. Yesterday, I had two different AIRR workers set a light for him and I to reconcile and get our relationship back together. Plus, I set a light for myself. Three hours later, one worker said that my candle was burning clear and clean so far. The candle I'm burning myself is doing the same. My target left a voice mail this morning asking me to bring something he left @ my house last week. The thing is, he was really nice about it. Saying "I love yall" @ the end. Unlike the night we fell out. Could this be a good sign?
Faith is the key to successful magic.
miziluvhoodoo

Candle Wax Formed a Lotus Shape -- Meaning?

Unread postby LaReina » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I know plenty of people have started threads on candle formations but I wasn't sure which thread to tack this one on so I just went ahead and started my own...

I am currently working on a honey jar spell, I have been steadily working on it for the past several weeks. Curiously today the candle burned quickly and formed the shape of a lotus.

I tried searching the website but I am not too sure what this means, does anybody have any insight as to what a lotus would indicate when working on this spell?

much love,
LaReina
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find
you get what you need...
LaReina

Re: Candle Wax Formed a Lotus Shape -- Meaning?

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 pm

We would need to know much more in-depth information about the honey jar spell you are doing. May I suggest a quick 10 minute reading with someone from AIRR, for a divination of the meaning?

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Hope this helps!
-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:14 am

Lotuses have a long history as a sacred flower though not in Hoodoo--In Hinduism they are particularly sacred to the Goddess Lakshmi who is often given the Honorific title "Padma" which means Lotus in Sanskrit. In Buddhism a very famous Sutra (teaching or scripture) is the Lotus Sutra which deals with transcendence--the soul or intellect is seen as transcending the realm of duality and suffering in the same way that the lotus shoots up through the muck and mud underneath the water to form a beautiful, fragrant flower. Lakshmi is associated with all good things, specifically abundance in wealth, ability, and love--you can read more about her at the AIRR site here:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... le=Lakshmi
As Joseph said, we would need to know more about your honey jar, but this should help you get started interpreting.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 am

Thank you Miss Bri. That was a very insightful post! Lotus shaped candle-wax sounds like a wonderful sign---especially if it was during a Honey Jar for love.

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby LaReina » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:32 pm

thank you both for your feedback!

Let me give you guys some background information on the spell i am working,
it is indeed a honeyjar for a love spell, specifically to reconcile with my ex. We ended things around the beginning of April and I immediately went to work, we ended up making peace with each other a few weeks ago in May. Yet we have not fully reconciled our relationship. Every candle has had a clean burn, but the lotus thing just really stumped me.

Thank you Bri for the link, I actually am quite familiar with the Hindu religion and I go to the local temple for yoga meditation, I was just curious as to what a lotus signified in the context of Hoodoo & rootwork.
Also thank you Joseph M. for the idea of doing a quick consultation,
I definitely feel like they could give me some insight.

LaReina
you get what you need...
LaReina

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 am

Within Hoodoo and rootwork Lotuses are not really utilized HOWEVER if you look at the history of Hoodoo and the mail order catalog world that came out of it, you will see that early on there was a lot of blending--and much of that was inspired by the exoticism of India and Hinduism and "The East" generally speaking, so I would interpret the Lotus within that framework. I agree with Joseph--its a very good sign--especially for a reconciliation honey jar since the flower is heavily associated not just with love but also with peace/tranquility (primarily through Mahayana Buddhism but still :-)
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Lotus fragrance oil is used in love and spiritual work.
Lucky Mojo sells the lotus fragrance oil in the essential oil part of the catalog. They also sell lotus fragrance baths crystal and sachet powders.
If you would like, you could include some products in your work.
Lucky Mojo also sells sliced lotus root
http://www.herb-magic.com/lotus-root.html
Miss Ida Lundin

Candle Sign?

Unread postby Entity79 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Today, like the 3 days prior, I lit a candle for my honey jar. Unlike the other times, I'd had a rough night the previous night.
So this time, after I dressed the candle and before I lit it, I prayed fervently for help. I lit the candle, placed it on top of the wax on the jar lid, and just went about my normal business while it burned.

The candle was almost burned out, so I just sat at my PC and was just doing my usual thing online. A bit later, I just happened to look in the jar's direction. There was a flame there...and the candle had burned out. I got up to look, and saw that the flame had caught one of the old, used-up wicks on the jar lid. I continued what I was doing, and a while later looked back...and it was STILL burning.

This time I got up and went over to watch it burn. To my surprise, it had used all the wax left over from the previous candles! And as I watched, the flame divided into two tongues of flame, separating and rejoining a few times before becoming one huge 2-inches-or-so-tall flame...and ignited a bit of leftover wick beside it for a second, smaller flame. Then it burned down, rejoining the two into one again, and burned out...leaving just charred remains on top of the jar.

On closer examination, there's just a very thin waxy film left in the spot where the last wicks were, and other than a few tiny circlish bits of wax on the sides, there's just about no wax left from the previous candles.

What does this mean?
Entity79

Re: Candle Sign?

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Old wicks catch fire and will burn through wax. Some view such burning of old wax as a sign of obstacles being removed.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Entity79 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I forgot to mention that as they started burning down that final time, spark-like lights flashed in and even OUT of the flames.
Entity79

Unread postby Conjuremoon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 am

I just did a House Blessing Candle as there has been intranquility in the home. As I did, and was praying the 23 Psalm upon it (it is a small white votive). A large black moth came down and flew into the flame killing itself. It is now in the wax. Do I keep lighting it? Or throw it out and start again or bury the work. It was only in the first day. I usually don't overthink things but what could this be a sign of?

Thank you
Conjuremoon

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 am

That's a GREAT idea svarthyndan! It hadn't even crossed my mind to recommend adding in some lotus products to the work! Good brain!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 am

Joseph Magnuson wrote:That's a GREAT idea svarthyndan! It hadn't even crossed my mind to recommend adding in some lotus products to the work! Good brain!

-Joseph M.

thank you my friend!
Miss Ida Lundin

Need Help Interpreting Saint Candle Results

Unread postby Kia1OLY » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am

Hi LM, I burned 4 candles together to help assist with removing some witchcraft placed on me and my ex and to help reunite us. I burned St. Jude, St. Barbara, St. Expedite and St. Anthony. Well what concerns me is the St. Anthony and St. Jude candles. The St. Anthony candle burned completely pitch black from the top with few berbs burnt to a crisp at the top, ut as I look down to the lower middle its dark but it gets lighter and it's completely clear from the Prayer to St. Anthony part on down to the bottom is completely clear. I'm trying to think postive like, he's burning through the evil and obstacles, and removing it. The St. Jude candle, there is slight/few herbs at the top left, but the candle is completely clear. There is an image and it may sound crazy regarding my imagination but it looks like a man and woman kissing with an herb that looks like a hair hanging right above their heads. You know how you lean forward and pucker your lips to kiss each other well imagine the man and woman doing that and this is what it looks like. Anyway the candle glass has some white fog nothing dark, it looks like fog on a window, white or clear all around the top area which I've never seen before. But it's clear throughout but from the middle to the bottom the glass cracked so there is a line from the middle and it goes to the bottom and all around the bottom it's cracked and on the left hand side at the back where the LM label is with the prayer there is a small dark burn where the LM info is and especially where the email is. I heard it crack a few times as it burned, What is this about? I'm hoping that it symbolizes the break-through that I am praying for. I will be burning the Jinx killer & Uncrossing candles tonight. I just wanted to burn these candles first to gain the Saints attention to my petition and now burn these candles so they can direct the energy. The St. Expedite candle is still burning but I think the St. Barbara candle burned pretty good, it has herbs at the top and bottom but it's all clear.

Any advice or interpretations are greatly appreciated.
Kia1OLY

Re: Need Help Interpreting Saint Candle Results

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Black soot in such a manner usually indicates active resistance to your petition. For saint candles, it can also mean that the saint does not look favorably upon your petition. For example if it is to return a lost lover, Saint Anthony may feel they aren't right for you.

Since you mentioned witchcraft it can also mean that you are actively being thrown for. However you'd want to consult a person who reads candles because Saint Barbara burning clear, but Saint Anthony not burning clear leads me to believe that Saint Barabara is telling you that you'll petition to clear witchcraft will be removed, but Saint Anthony is tell you that things when it comes to returning someone may not be so clear.

Again get a reading to double check.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Spark flew out of flame in air

Unread postby Spellkiss » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

I lit a 4inch red candle and carved come to me on it and dressed it with olive oil and wrote the petition placed the candle in the holder in it ontop of the petition as told by my reader. It is still burning but halfway down I was watching it and a spark flew out of the flame into the air and disappeared. I have never seen this before what does that mean? thanks
Spellkiss

Re: Spark flew out of flame in air

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 am

Spellkiss, you should definitely talk to the reader you noted is working with you!

You can also check out this section http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html#signsA1 of the candle divination page!

I have seen this happen on occasion. I have not come far enough in my candle work to tell you definitively what this means for your situation. Hope this helps. Good luck,

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Spellkiss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:25 pm

k thanks
Spellkiss

Unread postby LaReina » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 pm

thank you everyone who has been commenting,
you guys are very helpful :)
you get what you need...
LaReina

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 pm

You are very welcome, LaReina! Thank YOU for posting!

These type of threads are what I love to see here on the forums. Lots of good ideas and help from many different points of view...all helping with one particular situation.

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Candle exploded -- meaning?

Unread postby africanviolet » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

I am a fairly new rootworker, looking forward to much enlightenment and wisdom!

Something recently happened to me with candle burning and I cannot seem to find anything specific to shed some light on the candle sign. I was burning a candle dedicated to the Lukumi orisha Ogun, for some work I was continuing for new employment and road opening on my altar. The candle was down to the last I'd say quarter of an inch.

I had just finished getting a reading from my Godparent in my religion, who made mention of an unhealthy relationship and battles around me. Well, there are a lot of complicated situations and people in my life, but I did for about three weeks begin communicating with a particular man. Turns out I was already contemplating setting boundaries with this person anyway due to circumstances, but just never got around to it. It was something I was praying about as well (for the true nature and purpose of the relationship to be revealed).

So, after the reading from my Godparent, I prayed at the altar, and received enlightenment to establish some strong clear boundaries. So I began to email this person (as we have communicated thru email extensively). I wrote parts of the email (not pertaining to the subject of setting distant boundaries), then as I began to ponder in my mind how to state my position, the Ogun candle exploded (broke), into a big piece (fell on the floor), and a few small parts. The flame continued to burn and was totally exposed.

I went over to meditate on the candle and saw that a double wick had formed and the smaller of the wick was feeding off the taller, through exchanging of the flame. So again, I allowed the candle to burn out after saying a prayer over it.

Now, again this specific candle was working for employment and road opening, although I had another general white candle on the altar as I always burn.

Feedback on the signs and meaning of this behavior would be greatly appreciated.
africanviolet

Re: Candle exploded -- meaning?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Because you are not practicing hoodoo per se, but combining your work with a West African religion (Lukumi or Santeria) and you have already been having readings from your godparent in this religion, i would suggest that you also ask your godparent for further information, as all i can tell you would be from a Spiritual Church / Protestant Christian / down home old school Southern conjure perspective.

However, having distanced myself from the specific religious context in which you are working, and without concern for the nature of your deity, Ogun, and speaking only as an old conjure lady from the Spiritual Church tradition, i will say that the way i was taught in East Oakland is that when a candle explodes, it is always unfortunate.

In this case, your association with this man was blocking your road opening and job getting, as his flame was feeding off of yours, and the explosion signifies some danger to you as you separate from him. but you better do so and soon. A very unfortunate sign, i am sorry to say.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby africanviolet » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you Catherine for your response and interpretation of the matter. I must say that my God parent was reluctant to comment on the whole thing, but did reply with a down to home grown wisdom about it all.

This person did not specifically introduce me to the West African religion, but more or less introduced me to the boveda and independent rootwork. I started exploring other matters of my ancestry and began seeing a lot of numbers, etc...Perhaps, somewhere along the line I was misguided, but I am sure that I will get back on the right path. I now feel more comfortable working with Eggun, spirit guides, and high guardian.

I was indeed startled when this happened, but did not imagine that this would be the severity of it (an unfortunate circumstance).

I have since performed spiritual cleansings and stuck with the more familiar recipes for specific intentions, some of which you have posted.

Is there any specific product or ritual you would recommend to ensure the residue of this candle explosion is properly addressed?

Upon resolution to certain matters, I also intend to participate in your classes and I gather I will be spending a lot more time here.

Love and Light
africanviolet

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Africanviolet, if it were me and i was doing a road opener for job-getting and at the same time got a reading telling me to separate from a man and so i decided to draw boundaries between us and then the candle exploded and i saw twin flames, one feeding off the other, in the ruins of the blown-apart candle, i would take it as a sign to distinctly create a real boundary with that man. I would bathe and wash in an Uncrossing or 13 Herb Bath (or a mixture of both), and then dress my next Road Opener candle with Van Van oil, to change my luck. If that went better, i'd consider myself well off. If that one went bad too, i would consider some protective measures.

Road Opening should be easy and pleasant -- it is not one of the ones that we expect to blow up like that.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby africanviolet » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:49 am

Thank you so much for your insights and puttings things into perspective! I did do exactly that (an uncrossing bath) and I am doing a sweetness daily bath to draw in good.
Love and Light
africanviolet

candle sizzling/popping almost nonstop

Unread postby Spellkiss » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 pm

is a lovers candle that sizzles/pops the whole time a good sign like almost nonstop. thanks
Spellkiss

Re: candle sizzling/popping almost nonstop

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:55 pm

You can see this page as to what this means in general

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

But I think it would be more likely for you to get a 10 minute reading to really see what this means for your situation.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Spellkiss » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

i know it means spirits are trying to come through and communicate but im just wandering if it sounds like a good sign.
Spellkiss

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 pm

That's where the reading comes in Spellkiss...but interpretations are personal.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

A reading was recommended so that you can get specific insight to your own situation. The link is just a general guideline but some divination would need to be done as to whether its a good sign or not.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Understanding the candle flame

Unread postby LovelyLove » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:17 am

Hi All,
My bf of 11 yrs broke up me 3 months ago, I felt sick anytime I drove near his house to the point I even had thought of purposely crashing into semi's to kill myself. I have never had those thoughts in my life so I knew right away something wasnt right. I went to a family friend who practices santeria. She told me my bf ex gf put a hex on us to break up and she wanted to destroy my life because she wanted him to marry her and he didnt want to so she hated that he and I were happy. To make a long story short, The family friend and a friend of hers had me prepare a reverse candle and a break up candle. Well the both were lit Sat the 25th of June. I have been starring at the and the break up candle is tripping me out. The flame looks as though it goes into a heart shaped that is being tugged back and forth and then the flame goes up really high and throws out a lil black smoke. Im curious if anyone knows what this means. Thanks for your time.
LovelyLove

Re: Understanding the candle flame

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:05 am

Welcome to the forum Lynn823! Please read cat's online Candle Divination found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Remember this is a forum designed for clients of Lucky Mojo (LM). This forum is an extension of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and is not an appropriate venue for the discussion of other companies, businesses or services. We are definitely willing to read and provide advice on LM products and services only. Also, please red forum rules (faq.php?mode=rules)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:06 am

I think doing a break up candle for him and her is the least of your problems.

You need to get some divination done by a ROOTWORKER. I HIGHLY suggest this because obviously you are probably going to get some retaliation from this other woman.

Besides reversing you need to do some uncrossing work on yourself. Get an uncrossing spell kit.

www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

In addition, you need to get some protection...fiery wall of protection that is.

www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

But you need the help of someone else I highly suggest you have a rootworker look into your situation.

www.readersandrootworkers.com
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

PostThis post was deleted on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 pm.

Reading Dual Candle Flames

Unread postby msdriethewitch » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello everyone.

Im currently doing a money ritual using a green altar candle which I have inscribed my name and various symbols then dressed in money drawing oils. I am also burning a green skull & crossbones candle which I have annointed in oils and herbs.

As both burn together, BOTH flames are tall and still. But I began to speak my about the petition to my spirits and watched both candles for a while. Well the flame on the skull & crossbones candle began to rise. It was about a half a foot high!!! (The flame was huge!) But it appeared to burn still. At the very tip however was a spiral of black smoke. And the longer I sat and watched it the more the smoke spiraled around and the spirals seemed to speed up. It was quite amazing actually. :shock: It also sparked just a little at the wick end of the flame but that didnt last long. But the darn flame itself was completely still!

The green altar candle just stayed still this whole time, not bending or dancing. The flame is maybe an inch and a half high on the altar candle. But theres no movement or popping sounds.

Now Ive made sure that there are no herbs affecting the candle flame of the skull & crossbones candle. I just need to know how to read the flames as a positive or negative. Ive read on the LM site that smoke may indicate some sort of resistance. But the flame itself was still! And the flame on the altar candle didnt do anything but burn straight and tall.

Since the two candles are burning for the same intention, can they be read as one? Or do they represent 2 separate petitions? I have attempted to design the spell so that the altar candle stands as a "backup" representation of the main intention that the skull and crossbones candle is burning for.

Thanks alot!
~Always Listening, Loving, and Learning~
msdriethewitch

Re: Reading Dual Candle Flames

Unread postby aura » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:40 am

Hi Msdriethewitch,

if you haven't already, reading through the following thread is a wonderful adjunct to the candle divination info on the LM site:
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-glass,-remains-t8537.html
While the thread is long, it is worth reading through the whole thing as it provides interpretation information for a number of conditions and contexts.

Ideally, to understand what is going on, I'd consider getting a reading by a member of the AIRR (www.readersandrootworkers.org/) who will also be able to give you some magical coaching as required.

As to how the flames can be read, personally, I'd read your skull and cross-bones as the priniciple work outcome and the green altar candle as any secondary (back-up) influences affecting the work since that's how you attempted to design the symbolism in the spell. That is merely my own 2c tho - to be certain, do get a reading.

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Amazing

Unread postby theusurper » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:22 am

This is something that let me with my mouth opened. Every M<W and F i burn the red candle in my honey jar that i have for more than a year and i had never seen anything like that,The residue of the candle left a cross with its base. look like the cross you see in the church,i don't know how to take this signal for good or for bad. our relationship is stable with ups and downs but good. please if someone can tell me what that mean, i will appreciated
theusurper

Re: Amazing

Unread postby Miss Bri » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 am

crosses are usually associated with blessings whereas X's may be associated with crossed conditions.
A cross can also signify a new religious (usually Christian) component in the situation.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Reading Dual Candle Flames

Unread postby msdriethewitch » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 am

Thank you aura. I read the LM thread and Im not sure Im understanding. The smoke from my skull candle came from the very tip. Im not quite understanding what the LM article means by burning clean at the end. The smoke was at the end (the very tip of the flame) so Im not understanding (sorry -_-) And I didnt see anything about the candle flame being tall and still. The flames did move but burned quite tall.

And yes I would LOVE to start getting magical coaching from an AIRR reader. But Im very very short on cash hence this ritual Im doing :P

Thanks again!
~Always Listening, Loving, and Learning~
msdriethewitch

Opinions on Road Opener vigil candle burning results

Unread postby Morrigan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

Hello all,

It’s my first post here though I have been using LM products for quite a while with excellent results, especially from the uncrossing and Van Van lines. I have recently bought a ‘Cut and Clear’ spell kit and combined it with a ‘road opener’ vigil candle as I wanted to clear all the bad history and negativity in my love life and move forward. Through the ‘Cut and Clear’ spell everything went smoothly, strong and stable flames, relatively fast burning, no wax dripping and almost zero residue left from the white candle (the black candle you have to blow out).

Afterwards, when I was done with the spell, and I had properly disposed of any remaining materials and a few days had passed, I lit my road opener vigil candle, combined with Van Van incense and asked in my petition for the road to be cleared of blockages so a new ideal partner can enter my life. The candle took around 4-5 days to burn, a few seconds after I lit it the flame split in two flames of equal size dancing together, which is something I consider a good sign when it comes to love spells (I’ve also read here that Ms. Cat also believes so), the two flames remained like that for a few minutes and then joined into one again. At the beginning the flame was dancing a lot and it burned relatively slow, after almost a day, the flame stabilized and became brighter. In the end when almost no wax was left the flame like in the beginning split in two flames dancing together and they remained like that until they went out, almost simultaneously.
When it comes to the glass case, there are very few herbs and some glitter but no wax on the top part for an inch or so but the rest of the glass is perfectly clear, no smudges, or a trace of wax, or a single herb is left.

The overall feeling I have is a positive one and I feel that the signs that I got are good. I guess things are going to be tricky and slow at first but it’s going to turn good and smooth eventually. Sorry for the long post but I’d really appreciate any opinions you may have on the matter.

Thanks for your help!
minima maxima sunt
Morrigan

Weird candle happenings

Unread postby lovealways » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 am

I hope this is in the correct area...I've done a few jars in the past, but never had this happen to me, and I'm not sure how to interpret this:

1. I was doing some work with a vinegar jar and the first few days everything was good. The last day of my work, the candle burned very fast and formed a long column/tear on the side of it - almost looking like a dagger! The next candle I used, I concentrated on the flame with all of my might with a lot of anger I was feeling, and all of a sudden the candle started tearing very fast, almost like it was bleeding or something.

2. I was also performing some hot footing work. This candle burned down in just one hour with a very strong flame. I know that's a good thing, but it left about 1/8th of an inch of smooth wax residue in the bottom of the glass...

3. Also, I was burning a purple candle to compel someone to get in touch with me. This candle started out burning very nicely, and then in the middle of the burn, the flame started going crazy, jumping and dancing all around with a few popping noises (very few) and the flame kept rising high until about the last quarter burn where it quieted down and resumed burning normally; and nope, no draft whatsoever. :)

These types of flames, residues, and burns I've never experienced, so I was hoping to get some opinions. Thanks.
lovealways

Re: Weird candle happenings

Unread postby Conjuremoon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 am

Hi there. Here is the page in the archive that teaches you how to do candle divination, how to see what it means. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

There is not every scenario in the book. However, you may want to write down what the candle did, the type of magic you were performing with it, and then what those signs mean to you. Alternatively you can get a reading with an AIRR root worker to see.
Conjuremoon

Unread postby lovealways » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:55 am

Conjuremoon wrote:Hi there. Here is the page in the archive that teaches you how to do candle divination, how to see what it means. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Hi,
thanks - I already looked there and read it several times! Lol. None of what I have read or experienced seem to cover what I experienced above, which is why I was asking for opinions. I am definitely going to have another reading after the holiday weekend. Thank you. :)
lovealways

Unread postby Ellis Crowfoot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 am

I have had a few similar experiences. My personal conclusion about the sputtering flame somewhere in the midst of the burn was that some sort of blockage or resistance to the work was being encountered; but if the candle resumes a steady, clean burn thereafter then I would say that most likely the blockage has been worked through or successfully overcome. I have had the long column all the way down one side of a jar on a honey jar I was working. Because it happened abruptly and spent probably 75% of the candle's wax in a very brief time, I also concluded in that case that there was resistance to the work, or that the work was not going as smoothly as I'd like. I did a card reading on this at the time and got a confirmation; then I also received a confirmation in physical terms shortly thereafter. This led me to change my approach slightly and really turn the heat up on that particular working, which ultimately was successful.

Best wishes in your work!
Ellis Crowfoot
HRCC Graduate, Lucky Mojo Certified Practitioner

"The natural man can feel the earth's heart beat beneath his feet." (Henry David Thoreau)
Ellis Crowfoot

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells