Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
theusurper

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:31 am

what about with the intranquility spell if the glass cracked the last day of the spell.

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:13 pm

OK so my St Jude Candle for love and reconciliation has burned down with no candle residue except for the herbs, does having the herbs at the bottom affect anything? And at this point how should I go about disposing of it? Also do I burn my petition or how do I dispose of it to not jeopardize the request.

Thanks for your guidance

Diolynn

Unread post by Diolynn » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:02 am

Hi All,

First, last night I performed a Call Me Back spell (posted previously on the forums). I lit a pink candle for a little extra oomph. It burned out, and the remains that I found was a small bit of wax with a little bit of the wick still in it.

Just for additional information, the candle holder is one made of stone that you can rotate depending on the size of the candle and the inside of this stone is hollowed out, so the wax with wick remained fused inside the candle size hole of the holder.

I saw on the candle reference page:
"A vigil candle burns down but leaves up to 1/2" of unburned wax at the bottom: If the candle was being burned to draw in new love or return an old love, then this sign means that the person will not come completely, just part-way, due to issues not caused by the client, but rather due to "unfinished business" on the part of the client's loved one."

This was the closet thing I could find for reading the wax. However, does it matter that it is a taper candle compared to a vigil candle? I feel that is an important distinction. Should I try not to use taper candles in the future, or does it really not matter? Also, I figured I would dispose of the wax by burying it in my backyard, but if the symbolism from the candle wax is negative (or not what I wanted from the spell results) should I bury it in another location? Oh, and is it ok to dispose of the candle remains near where I buried the bottle (The spell is a bottle spell from what I understand, I'm assuming this makes a difference?).

Thanks for any feedback!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

As far as I can remember, the bottle you do for the Call Me Spell is to be put away while you wait for results to manifest, and you could shake it sometimes? I don't remember any poster saying 'bury the bottle' (though I could be wrong)? And I don't think one buries a bottle spell unless one isn't working it anymore.

If the candle was burnt to draw something to you, yes you bury it in your backyard anyway.

And yes taper tends to leave a bit more wax so it's hard to say. I think most of us use small altar candles. I must say these candle was 'signs' aren't always 'reliable' as there can be many variables in the situation. Then the signs can vary from one day to the next if your work is ongoing. Don't sweat over it too much. I wish you good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1610

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:31 pm

i'm trying to contact my brother who passed away many years ago. every night i burn a white candle with a glass of water but so far i don't see any kind of signal. by the way right now when i'm writing this post a little spider is in my bed and i have a lot of time that i don't see one. :o

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:33 am

I'm not an expert or anything, but my grandma used to tell me that when you try to look for a spirit. You miss them, so she told me to relax and I guess just like the movie Field of Dreams, they will come. I don't know anything about the spider unless your brother liked spiders or something, but I just see it as a spider.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Group

I'm hoping for some insights from those of you who've used figural candles in the past. So far I've used Crucifix, 7-knob and Skull candle.

The couple times I used the Crucifix, the arms didn't burn but fell off. Now I'm burning a skull candle - a couple pieces fall off, the wax melts and pools all over the place.

Is it common that pieces of figural candles fall off coz they're a bit 'away' from the wick, or a lot of the wax drips onto the plate? Or do they tend to burn cleaner than that?

And do you put the pieces back into place, or just leave them?

Thanks a lot.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi cabriellenil,

Figural candles can be highly variable in the 'cleanliness' of their burn--some burn more or less completely, but many times a figural candle (especially the thicker and less-regularly-shaped varieties) will burn partially, or unevenly, or create huge pools of wax as they burn. Some of this is due purely to physical factors (quality of manufacture and composition, candle shape/wicking, air currents around the burning candle, etc.); but there are often divinatory clues in the progress and outcome of the candle's burn ranging from the speed and evenness of the burn to the shapes the wax forms and the amount of wax left at the end. I usually don't groom figural candles as they burn (although I do re-light/re-wick them if they go out prematurely). And I don't put back pieces that fall off by themselves.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 pm

well I'm burning a skull candle and right now everything is going ok. The one thing that I didn't do before lighting the candle was trim the wick, so the wick bent towards the candle wax, but I trimmed it off and it's all good.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:04 pm

I wouldn't burn the petition. I would dispose of that like any spell remnants that you are drawing to you. If this is for new love or to bring a love back, under the front steps or near the steps. If it is for quieting discord with a current love, in the back yard to keep it near.

I would probably scrape out the herbs and bury with the petition. They have served their purpose. I wouldn't look to them for divination such as with candle wax. You can re-use the glass. That's usually the recommended use for it. Recycle.

Hope it works for you.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

What if the petition was for a break up candle? Can we burn it then?

LaReina

Unread post by LaReina » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm

i am interested in the whole idea of burning a candle to communicate with a spirit.
I would like to communicate with my Grandpa who died in January and a friend of mine who commited suicide in April.

How do i go about properly doing this?
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find
you get what you need...

LaReina

Unread post by LaReina » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm

i am interested in the whole idea of burning a candle to communicate with a spirit.
I would like to communicate with my Grandpa who died in January and a friend of mine who commited suicide in April.

How do i go about properly doing this?
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find
you get what you need...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:18 pm

When burning a white 7-day glass candle dressed with frankincense, bayberry and cinnamon as a thank you for previous positive spell results... the top of the candle broke... is this a negative result or are the spirits not accepting the offering?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Do you mean "divination"?
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

gingerly88

Unread post by gingerly88 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:20 am

sometimes the flame will get incredibly tall & a bit of black smoke will go off the tip. It doesn't happen all the time the candle is burning..just momentarily (sp?) but I was wondering what the smoke means? The link is not available on the candle signs reading page...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:26 pm

I would be careful about asking about questions while you are doing a particular spell. Other peoples thoughts can overthink your spell. So in the future, I would just talk about your spell you are doing in the vaguest of terms.

Now the fact that the candle jumps when you speak could be from the air from when you speak is causing the candle to jump. Black smoke releases from most candles because the wick is burning. It does not mean its a sign. On the other than, it could mean the candle is working through some obstacles, from time to time. Again, everyone's situation is different and rather than posting here, and have everyone think out your situation. I would say when the candle is completed get some divination done. I mean it if someone on here says its a bad sign then someone else says its good its only going to confuse you, or make you think that your spell did not work. So just finish the spell, then get some divination done.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

gingerly88

Unread post by gingerly88 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

stars..that makes sense. I am so new so I do want to do things how I should but am still learning. U have taught me a lot in just ur helpful posts. The flame tho does the jumping when I am silent and at a distance...next time, I will do my spell & then ask ?'s later or get further help then. Thanks again.

keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi all,
While burning a 4" candle on a vinegar jar, I noticed the flame on the candle pulling away at the center & actually splitting into 2 flames. I have never seen this before. While I pondered that one, the burn got even more interesting... The wick on the candle was not disintegrating, and was long and curling down- it dropped down, still lit, and then melted 1/2 the candle away, exposing the wick! Then, the entire candle split in half lengthwise... So, suffice to say, I think my jar is going to work beautifully, but am wondering if any of you have ever experienced something like this. Thanks in advance for your input!
Ruby Shoes

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I have seen these kinds of burns and, yes, those are good signs of separation and splitting apart.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Thank you Cat! The "atta girls" from you are really encouraging :-)

wildryder1969

Unread post by wildryder1969 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:07 am

Help, anyone?
i was making some candles today and split some of the wax on the counter, instead of cleaning it up right then i decided to wait till it harden to clean it up, but when i went back later it had harden into a perfect shape of a wolf howling and was about the size of 6" by 8". And when i did clean it off the counter the whole entire wolf came off without any parts breaking off. Does anyone know what the shape of a wolf means? all that i can find is information on the the dog, but it doesnt look anything like a dog would. anyone have any ideals?
thanks

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Well maybe it's just the canine in general instead know what I mean? Which means you have low self esteem, but I don't know I'll search and see what I find.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Symbols are often very personal, what does a wolf or dog mean to you? To me they are a bad omen, like the Black Dog of the moors, to others they are a sign of courage or loyalty, to others symbols of the hunt. It all depends.
HRCC Student #1559

elphaba

Unread post by elphaba » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:21 pm

See... u knew it was good and i figured it was good.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:46 pm

There are a number of folks who do professional ceromancy if you feel like you are not getting anywhere.
Find them at: www.readersandrootworkers.org

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm the flip side of HD (maybe because I have two black dogs) and think neither type of canine is a bad omen. Like he said though, what do they mean to you? Wolves have a great deal of symbolism in many Native American beliefs, you may want to check into that.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

maduro01

How Potent Is Honey When Doing Spellwork In Love?

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 pm

What role does honey play when putting it all over a red pull-out vigil candle that one is burning for love with that objects name carved on the candle?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: How Potent Is Honey When Doing Spellwork In Love?

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Same as the honey jar. Makes the person sweet to you. i would recommend using the honey jar as honey might attract ants.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: How Potent Is Honey When Doing Spellwork In Love?

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm

If you burn a candle that will burn in a few hours (a 4" or 6" candle), insects shouldn't be a problem. I have dressed candles with honey many times. However I would advise to let it set a while after dressing it, because the moisture in the honey may make it difficult to light.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm

I starting buring a red seven-day vigil candle at midnight of 09-09-09. It's been two days and the candle is closing to being done in another day. The burn has been clean, but FAST. What does that mean for my petition?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Can mean that the effects will be strong but not long-lasting. You may want to do a divination or something to find out if you'll need to do some other work to get what you're aiming for.

You can find out about candle divination from here, too: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am

hi, I heard that if a candle flame is flickering alot, that it means there is a presence of spirits, I checked for drafts and there is none, I find that that candle the flame is always really high and still and may pop or crackle once in a while, but the other three vigil candles that are in glass jars cracle and pop and flicker, I also heard that if they pop or crackle that it's a good sign and that the person I am doing the spell on is thinking about me...Can anyone give me some insite...Is it a good sign that i have spirits present.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am

Yes, this is what you read on this site. If you need to look further into the manner, I suggest that you get some divination done to see about how this is attributed to your work and if spirits are in fact present that it is either negative or positive to the work. Please be aware that you should not post on a site exactly what you are doing. I would have left out the part about what the candles were for such as bring your ex boyfriend back. This causes other people to think out your spell for you, and might yield negative results.

Anywhoo, get some divination done to see if these spirits are a good sign for your work. The spirits can be pleading your case for you, but you might want to wait until after the completion of the spell what the outcome will be.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:50 am

If you got your candles from Lucky Mojo, then you can probably trust the signs. If not, sometimes candles that are poorly made will crackle and stuff due to flaws or moisture in the wax, etc.

I would get a reading done to determine the actual happenings.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm curious as to whether or not this happens to anyone else:

I lit a candle for a friend who was having severe problems with her mother, and being threatened with being kicked out of home. While the candle was burning, I was looking at the flame. I noticed that the orange glow surrounding it took on the shape of a cross, and then morphed into a pair of angel's wings. I interpreted this for her as the bad energy being replaced by more peaceful energy. I also saw a butterfly in the flame, indicating to me that the responsibility she feels for her parents' problems is being lifted. I can report that there was indeed a great success, and her home life is much improved.

Does anyone else see shapes/images in the aura around candle flames? If so, what happened and how did they affect the work you were doing?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Its not something I can do but I know a few people that can do it. Generally speaking, seeing signs like that in fire is a gift, if I was you I would keep an eye on other candles you light.
HRCC Student #1559

Lynda
Newly Registered

Unread post by Lynda » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:29 pm

So I've set a figure candle to burn, thinking to myself that all went well.....of course putting it in the fireplace near my altar for safe burning, even put it in a baking dish to avoid wax spillage. Done this, I dunno, like a hundred times. Went to bed, got up in a bit to send boyfriend off to work, and checked the candle, which had actually burned almost down within just about 3 hours. All good, right? Right.

So as I got a bit close to check how the wax itself was puddling and so-forth OOPS the glass baking dish explodes! Shattered everywhere, nearly shattered the glass fireplace screen but only cracked it.......candle just kept burning on the piece that didn't break away.

First off? Note to self.....use an aluminum baking pan!!!! (Sheesh....common sense, right?)

And second, although I don't think I need to be worried or repeat the work since the candle itself wasn't damaged and burned itself out soon thereafter, what do others think? I know it could possibly be intrepreted a a sign... or just perhaps a sign that I wasn't paying attention when I used a darn glass pan. So....worry about it, repeat it, or its ok?

Lynda

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:12 am

Candle's still burning right?

As a sign, it either could mean that it's really powerful, or that there's resistance...

(Bear in mind that these are just personal thoughts and not accurate)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 am

In general shattered glass is only a favorable sign if one is doing break up work. But yeah this happen if you do not use Pyrex glass or the like, or metal lol.
HRCC Student #1559

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:35 am

i have also seen angels always in my candle flames for love..but never could interpret what it meant...do post if you get any info

keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 pm

I occasionally see the face of my target in the flame as well.

Lynda
Newly Registered

Unread post by Lynda » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:55 pm

It was a really heavy (old) pyrex baking pan.....even though the candle burned itself out normally, I'm going to repeat it in a week or so to be on the safe side :-)

aurora15

Unread post by aurora15 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:22 pm

I bought and used 2 love angel candles from another company, not Lucky Mojo, and the first one burned right up perfectly, but the second one I lit up nright after was weird. The flame created a hole in the middle of the candle and abot 2 inches down it burned out. I put some come to me and look at me oit on top of this last one. Could it have been the oil that made the wax just melt in the middle? the first one, the one without oil burned clear and perfect really fast.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:04 pm

I think that it was just from how the candle was made. Try another one.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Technically this forum is specifically for discussing the use of Lucky Mojo products - which those candles are not.

I will say that alot of candles are not well made and that can result in alot of weird/bad burns that have nothing in particular to do with the work. Living in a different country from Lucky Mojo makes shipping and customs very expensive for me, so for heavy items like candles I just have to make do with what I can find here. For a while I had to quit buying 7-knob candles because what was for sale in my country was terrible - some batches had lots of pockets with liquid in them that would pop and often drown the candle out. A bunch of white pillar candles that I recently bought for healing work which are worthless since they burn through the wall of the candle about an inch down and then spill all over the place...but now I know. :P

Also, are you dressing the candles with the oil, or just pouring oil on them? There's a big difference. Too much oil can negatively effect a proper burn. You just need a few drops and then rub that into the candle while praying for your intent. The candle should be shiny and a bit slick & greasy, but not dripping with oil.

Lucky Mojo candles are all extremely good quality - so you know you'll get a proper burn with those. If you're having bad luck with other sources, then you need to buy from a source that is consistantly of good-quality. I would get a fixed candle from LM, and even maybe have them back up your work with a fixed candle on their own altar.

ttnguyen19846

Unread post by ttnguyen19846 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:19 am

I bought a crown of success candle here and it burned in four to five days. Does that mean that my spell will not last? I'm not sure what it means by overly fast.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:22 am

I assume you mean a 7-day vigil candle? I find most times the "7 days" burn out in about 5 days. So if that happened, I would not read anything specific into it, except that it was a good burn (unless there were other signs that it was not - like a sooty burn or something).
I've heard of 7-days burning out in 2 or 3 days, and to me, THAT is what would be meant by overly fast.

If you're concerned, you might want to have a reading done with a rootworkers to see how it will turn out, and if you may wish to back up the work with something else for better/longer-term results.

ttnguyen19846

Unread post by ttnguyen19846 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:56 am

Sorry yes I did mean the seven day candle. There was white soot on top but it was clear at the bottom except some herbs. I'm pretty sure I know why there was soot though. It was my first time burning a vigil candle and I thought that adding more oil would make it work better. :oops:

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 am

Hello.

I purchased several glass encased vigil candles specifically dressed by LM. I burned a green one, and after it burned out (the burn was quiet clear with just some glitter and stuff on the sides of the glass); I noticed that 1/4th of an inch of wax left behind was purple. I read everything on this site regarding candle divination, and I did not find anything addressing this. Please advise.

Also, just to note, I am burning 6 glass encased vigial candles specifically dressed by LM, each for a different purpose all at the same time. Once I light them, I may move them from place to place in my cottage to accomodate guests and the children of guests who come over to visit; but I never snuff them out. I let them burn completely on their own until they go out by themselves. Having made these points, yesterday at work, during my lunch time I was at the computer checking emails, and what not. A co-worker came up to me and told me to follow her. She led me outside to the parking log, and outside were SEVERAL people who work in our building all staring at my car. She then looks at me and says, "Look at what is on your car." What was on my car shocked me beyond belief. There was a hawk sitting on my car. It was perched up on the driver's side corner. I said to my co-worker while keeping my eyes on the hawk, "It's a sign!" She giggled, and she said, "That is what EVERYONE said when they saw it sitting on your car. It has been there for a long time. Long enough that there are over 10 people ouside staring at it." I have been trying to understand what this sign is, and what the universe is trying to convey to me. Please advise.

Thank you all so much for being a part of my spiritual journey.

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 am

Signs can mean different things to different people. I also don't know what all you were working for, and the sign would be interpreted in the context of what your current situation is right now. What does a hawk symbolize for you? What feelings does it evoke? What qualities do you think of when you think of a hawk? These can help point you to what it means for you.

For me, when I think of a hawk I think of a strong predator who also has very good eyesight. If a hawk had been sitting on my car, off the top of my head I would say that a hawk could be telling me that I'm being protected and watched over, OR that I need to "watch out" or keep your eyes open in preparation for something (a warning?).

But that could have absolutely NOTHING to do with what it means for you and your situation. That is how I would interpret it for *me personally* in a general way.

For a more accurate interpretation of what that means in the context of your life and your work , I would contact a reader: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:22 am

I've had wax change color on me before, its not some magical thing, the pigment in the wax is not always of the best quality and sometimes changes, I still haven't figured out if its something in one of the oils or the heat or some combination there of though.
HRCC Student #1559

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Brida

That happens all the time. It is the way the wax is made. Sometimes my green candles turn blue, because there is more blue in the wax coloring. Also the oils and glitter sometimes change the color of the wax, no biggie.

Cannot tell you what the hawk means. As been stated, signs are personal and mean different things for different people. Some people have hawks as pets, hawks are birds of prey, etc. It could mean a lot of things.

I have a client who has an affinity with birds and ravens were a great sign for her. Ravens mean death to a lot of people though. For her, they meant she was on the right track, since the raven was her totem sign.

Only you can say what the hawk means.

Mary

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:13 am

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my post.

I am glad I have you all.

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi All --

This is my first post here.

I have a few questions on what this could mean as this has never happened before.

Ok, so I got my candle, cleaned it, dressed it and lit it.

I put St. Michael oil on the wick. The wick spilt into 3 for about a day but burned as one flame. Does this mean anything?
Then for the last 2 days I have heard a single loud pop. The candle is burning with a strong flame and the glass is clear. I lit this candle for cleansing purposes.

Should I be concerned here?

Thanks in advanced!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

You can take a look here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Most wicks are braided, so it may have just come apart as you were dressing it, and so it seemed to "split" when really it just unravvled a bit.
Popping can mean different things, the link above can help.

I wouldn't worry - I'd just keep an eye on it to see how the rest of the burn goes.

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Thank you for the link.

I'll keep an eye on it...

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Hello, first time poster.

I'd make a note of anything like the popping etc. and wait until the candle has finished burning before looking for any signs. That way, you'll have a complete picture, and you won't be worrying about what it all means when you should be focusing your energy and intent on the candle. Get yourself a nice notebook to write these down in, and make the recording of it part of your ritual. That way you'll be on the lookout, but it won't intrude in your work. Hope that helps.

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Hmmm...

I thought that the candle should be charged with energy and intent before lighting it. Sorry but I wasn't aware that my focus should only be on the energy and intent of the candle after I lit it. I pray every day which I believed was suffice. That's why I was concerned to have seen the wick split into three with some weird shapes on the end of each split wick. They looked like tiny beans hanging there. My neice who studies hoodoo said it was a weird sign which knowing my niece means a bad sign. I'm not worried about that because I put St. Michael oil on the wick -- which I had never done before but I did this time as I believe that St. Michael is a great protector. I wear his oil everyday.

I do like the idea about taking notes. I hadn't thought about that but it's a great idea. That's what great about this forum coming here and getting good suggestions from others with more experience.

Thank you NotDorianGray. ;)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:35 pm

You do concentrate your energy and intent on the candle when dressing it prior to lighting it - but spend a few minutes every day with it while it is lit to continue to put your intent into it. Some practitioners will add a small amount of oil to it each day during the burn to keep it working strongly. But you can certainly just pray/meditate for your intent a little while each day.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”