Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi MoreTisha,

That is weird. Unfortunately, we do not interpret candle burns on the forum, please read this page for more information on candle divination:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

If this were me, I would burn another candle to see what results I get. It may be opposition to your work, or it may just be a faulty candle. Or something else. Try another one.

I've also moved your post to the correct forum thread on the subject. You can read through the many pages here for more information on interpreting candle results.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
HRCC #1909G

Arshiya

Unread post by Arshiya » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello!

I m not sure if this is the right forum but I have a question.. hopefully someone can help. I was burning a red skull candle and got done on the 9th day. My petition got burn and all this time while it was burning I was happy and felt confident. It left me a lot of wax on the plate and when I was trying to read the image/shape I was surprised! It formed some hearts, flower at first(to me) and a human face.. I know it was his/my target face.. would you pls tell me if this is good..?

Thank you very much.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello, Arshiya ,

If you get the book on tea leaf reading, all these symbols are in the book.

The symbols for tea leaf reading are the same for candle wax readings

Find the book here:

www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

MoreTisha

Unread post by MoreTisha » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:53 am

Miss Aida,

Thank you for moving my post. I am still trying to figure out the way this forum works. I get so much useful information, would like to be more active, even just to share my own experiences.

Also, thank you for the recommendation and link.

Peace

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:24 am

Hi MoreTisha,

I'm not Miss Aida, but you're welcome.

Please do share your experiences on the forum. There's always something new for the rest of us to learn.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

Intrigued01

Unread post by Intrigued01 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi,

Quick question. I read on the candle divination page about knots/knobs in the candle wick when doing vigil/glass encased candles but I was wondering if it meant during the burning process the wick is formed like that then it means there will be delays/difficulties or if it is talking about once the candle is finished, and that is how the wick looks the outcome is delays/difficulties. My candle has had knots/knobs twice before falling into the wax. So I was just curious if that was my answer that there will be trouble before reaching my outcome or if I have to wait until it's completely burnt out. Sorry if this is a stupid question, just don't want to start worrying for no reason & add negativity to my work.

Thank you!

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi Intrigued01,

It means during the burn. If the knobs are being burned off and fall down, it could suggest that obstacles are being overcome.

You are right to want to not worry during your spell, as this instills doubt in your work. You can sabotage your success by doing so.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

Intrigued01

Unread post by Intrigued01 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Thank you for your reply Miss Athena! You've been incredibly helpful the past week answering my questions. Thank you so much!

Honeybeelight

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Just thought I'd share this little story.

I am burning a candle with a petition paper while I wait for my Reconciliation honey jar, and going through all the usual ups and downs you'd expect. Everything was burning with a nice, smooth, clean burn--no drips, just a completely self-consuming, tidy burn like I've never seen. A day or two ago, I started getting tears and some pooling on one side, and while in general I have a good feeling about this, I was wondering what, if anything, could be going wrong. What might it mean?

It means a chunk of candle wax from another candle was wedged under the candle stick, causing a slight tilt. That's what it meant. I removed it and trimmed the wick. Should be ok now. The flame's still beautiful, clear, and high, and the actual real-life communication is fine. If I could just chillax, it would be truly awesome.

I just thought I'd share that, because I know so many of us are anxious about things, and sometimes a cigar really is a cigar and you just need to burn your candle and get on with life.
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 am

Honeybeelight !!!!

GREAT advice!!

Thank you so much for sharing

Take care

Apprentice

Unread post by Apprentice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:01 pm

I have tried looking on the forum on candle divination however I haven't been able to find an answer. I anointed candle with come to me oil, sugar and honey and burned it. The entire time the wick formed a spiral (or coil) instead of being straight. What does this mean? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello, Girlbeloved

I am sorry but we do not perform interpretations or divinations on the forum (nor do we give personal advice via PM)

Please find your answers here:

www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivintaion.html

The answers will be on that page

take care and wishing your spells to be successful

Trinibrownin

Unread post by Trinibrownin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Today I made a vinegar jar. Before I closed it, it has already started bubbling and popping. After shaking, I put a medium size black candle on top. I wrote the couple's name and dressed it with lemon verbena, cayenne pepper, poppy seeds, and hot and bothered oil. But I noticed it burn really quick. Like about 2 hours and running down the jar with lots of black smoke. Anyone know what's up with that?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello Trinibrownin,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. You mentioned an oil in your post that is not a Lucky Mojo product, so we can't advise you on why your candle burned up so fast. We don't know what was in that oil.

You can check out this page if you'd like to interpret signs left by the candle and how they might relate to your work:

In the future, if you continue to post on this forum, please only post about Lucky Mojo products, as this forum is designed to help Lucky Mojo customers learn how to use their products.

Be well.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Flowers345

Unread post by Flowers345 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:13 am

Hello,
I am wondering what to do with my candle remains of a free standing candle. I didnt finish doing the work for 7 days onlu burned one day but didnt burn it yesterday so I feel I need to start with a brand new candle.

Applene

Unread post by Applene » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 am

I burned 2 glass candles. One is road opener, the second one is for reconciliation.
As for the road opener, the glass is half black and half white soot and waxy.Flame was jumping and flipping a lot while burning. May I know what does it mean? Has it cleans the obstacles?
Second is reconciliation candle. The flame was burning high and jumping and flipping a lot until the last 2 days, the flame went stable. The wick was constantly has 1 or 2 lumps there. They went off and came back. I heard the flame pops a few times then the lumps will go off.
Today is the last day. Just before it finished burning, it turns into 2 flames but join burning. I also heard it pops a few times. The wick has a lump in the middle and it looks like a cross with flame. When it's finally finished burning, the wick remained clean like a straight line.
The glass has minus white soot on the top, only at part of the rim. The remaining glass is clean with no wax. May I know what does it mean?
Are those 2 candles doing well? Can I start burning bend over candle now?
Thanks for your blessing and help!

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi Flowers345,

You didn't say what the goal of your candle spell was. If you are trying to draw something or someone to you, bury the wax remains in your front yard. If you are trying to keep something or someone with you, bury them in your back yard.

For general purposes, throw them at a crossroads.

HRCC #1909G

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Applene,

As we have said on this forum, we do not perform candle divination here. I suggest you read through this page for information on common candle signs and their meaning, you will find the answers to your questions here:

HRCC #1909G

gypsywitchxxx

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 am

I read the candle divination page on here but i'm a bit lost. So tonight my rival's candle burned way quicker than my target or mine did & as I was talking to her candle in mean nasty ways, saying i'm winning him back blah blah the flame got much higher & burned alot quicker. Does this mean she is controlling the situation or she's feeling it & is about to get to stepping like i want her to? Also my targets flame was normal size & was burning slow yet steady. Thanks :)

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:00 am

Hi gypsywitchxxx,

Your question was indeed answered on that candle divination page. Here's what it said:

If you have set lights for several people and one person's candle burns faster than the others, then that person is most affected by the work, but the influence may not last long enough to produce a permanent change.

So now you know. Keep working at it, and good luck.
HRCC #1909G

gypsywitchxxx

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:14 pm

ok, now I can't find this answer anywhere but today while I was performing a moving spell , my candle went out twice then after relighting it, it went high the wick started turning inward like it was trying to form a half knot then still high it started burning black smoke so i just snuffed it out along with the other one. I'm confused bc I know if that were my target's candle then i could see an obstacle maybe but not with mine?

gypsywitchxxx

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Also forgot to add that my rival's candle went out today bc of the wick falling over into the wax then it dissapeared somewhere inside the candle so now i can't relight it. Her's did burn down the fastest, so should I do another one ? thanks

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello, gypsywitchxxx ,

it doesn't matter that it was yours that went out

Of your 2 posts, this all screams: "Resistance"

You may want to try a blockbuster spell first and then repeat this spell

I'm so sorry

www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

Also, I would wait until Mercury goes back to Direct (Sept 5) to start the blockbuster spell

Take care and I hope things work out

gypsywitchxxx

Unread post by gypsywitchxxx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 pm

ok thank you for clearing that up Miss Aida :) I did light a clearing obstacles candle that I made & anointed with clear obstacles oils already for the vinegar jar & this one so I guess i will just wait until then to do more. Why does Mercury in retrograde affect spellwork ?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:58 am

Hello gypsywitchxxx,

To understand why Mercury Retrograde affects things the way it does, you might want to read these excellent essay on the topic by catherine yronwode:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mercuryretrogradeoil.html

Hope that helps!

Flowers345

Unread post by Flowers345 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Hey I was wondering if I didnt finish a spell what I should do with the remaining wax. I have alot left also is it okay to throw it in the trash barrel? Its a lovers figure candle which resembles two people. Would it be better if I disposed it at a crossroads or perhaps somewhere else? I live in the city lots of people around thanks!

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 am

Hello, Flowers345

If you throw it in the garbage, it will symbolize that the work was garbage

The crossroads would be better.

Just wondering why you don't want to finish the spell??

Take care

Flowers345

Unread post by Flowers345 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:01 pm

It was a two figure wax candle and I put powders and herbs on it but I didnt continuously work with it for 7 days I skipped 2 days after burning it once. I feel like it wont work correctly now. And yes crossroads probably would be better. I am nervous with it because it does represent two people so in a way I want to burn it down anyway afterwards.

Lovetolove

Unread post by Lovetolove » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:23 am

Hi all, I have read the information given on glass reading but just want to double check. I am burning a reversal candle (I don't know if there is a specific person) and was uncertain of what to think.

I know it states: If the work is being done against an enemy and the enemy's candle burns sooty and dirty, then it is likely that the enemy is fighting your influences.

Guess my question is in this case if there is black soot on the glass at the top would that still read as it's picking up the negative energy? Is it always a bad sign. The flame was high and calm for the first few hours but now dancing like crazy. I started the candle on Friday and it's almost at the mid way point.

Sorry, new to this and just not sure if I am understanding things correctly.

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:42 am

Hi,
What does it mean when at the end of the candle spell, there's a kind of small firework sounds and then there's a clear burning with no remaining wax? Thankd

Flowers345

Unread post by Flowers345 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:58 am

Moonlightdream,
I would take it as a spirits sign of the sounds. You can look up here on lucky mojo forum on candle sounds. I take that as a good sign! No remaining wax is always a good thing! Way to go!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:53 am

Hello LovetoLove,

We don't provide candle interpretations on this forum, but you will find a lot of information here:

If you're still confused after that, you could get a reading from Hoodoo Psychics:

http://hoodoopsychics.com/

Take care.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 am

Hello Moonlightdream,

We don't provide candle interpretations on this forum, but you will find a lot of information here:

If you're still confused after that, you could get a reading from Hoodoo Psychics:

Be well.

dollbabyapprentice

Unread post by dollbabyapprentice » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:05 am

This is about to sound so crazy but I lit two candles (one to represent me and the other to represent my ex) and they were connected to eachother and one of the flames was literally levitating above the candle!! While the other candles flame was leaning towards the levitating flame!! What does this mean??? It doesn't say anything online about this!!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 am

Hello dollbabyapprentice,

Be well.

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 am

Good morning/evening :)

So, I lit a red candle this morning dressed in influence oil, reconciliation and I think the third was Come to me oil, I had some reconciliation powder andxome to me powder sprinkled on the top near the wick as well. My questions are these, now I know you don't give divinations here so I'm just asking if these things can be the cause of my questions.

1. When I lit the candle I had a VERY high flame and black smoke (I've never dealt with black smoke) so my question for this is can the oils be the cause of the black smoke. I did grab the candle with oil on my finger after I had anointed it.

2. The flame stayed very high (but not as high as when I first lit it) for the first hour or so and then around the second hour it formed a small knot but the knot was gone within a half hour of forming. I know knots in the wick can mean resistance or obstacles so my question is, since the knot fell of in such a short time could that possibly mean that whatever is in the way will be dealt with quickly/easily?

Again, I'm not asking for a divination since I know it's against the rules, I'm just asking if these are possibilities or if I have to look into another reason for the cause. I'm not too worried about it but it would ease my mind if I knew if my mindset was on the right track.

Thank you so much for your time!

geminisr80

Unread post by geminisr80 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 am

Hi

I'm burning a come to me candle. I lit the candle on Monday and it started off with a low flame a few hours later the flame became high. So far the flame continues to be high.

My questions are

Does that mean it showing me a god sign and that my spell will be successfully cast

and also should i try to reach out to that person or allow them to reach out to me

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

Hello JAD82017,

That's correct that we don't provide candle divination on this forum. However, I think your suspicions/intuitions are on the right track here. If you want more information, you could always get a quick reading:

Take care.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:28 am

Hello geminisr80,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. If you would like to, you're welcome to introduce yourself under the introductions thread.

We actually do not provide candle divination on this forum, but you'll find a lot of information if you go to this page:

Take care.

P.S. I see that you are new to the forum, but you should know that posting new topics is against forum rules. Next time you have a question, please find the thread that best fits with what you're asking (you can use the search box at the top right of the screen), and post your question at the end of it by clicking "post reply." If you post a new topic again, you will receive a board warning. Thanks!

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 am

Thank you Sister Jean for responding. It eases my mind that I'm possibly on the right track with my thoughts, at least now I can figure out where to go from here. Would you suggest road opener or blockbuster? Thank you so much for your time, I truly appreciate it.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:20 am

Hello JAD82017,

That would be a question for a reader. I don't know the outcome of your candle burning so I can't make a suggestion. I posted a link where you can find such a reader.

Take care.

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:23 am

Thank you Sister Jean. I got a reading from Miss Cat yesterday :)

Mysticmama4

Unread post by Mysticmama4 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am

Hello all,
I have a question regarding a wax shape from a candle working that I did.
I'm not asking for an interpretation (I sent an e-mail to one of the airr rootworkers for a consult).
I did some compelling work-a purple 4" candle with LM oils look me over, compelling and come to me for a love interest. My petition was to draw him to me, be attracted to me and be open to forming a friendly flirty relationship. The wax image was of a phallic shape(penis) but it melted down to a person in a sexual position......I wanted to know if this is considered a good sign ? I had read somewhere that genitalia shapes could be bad. I am waiting for a response to my e-mail but in the meantime wanted to get some thoughts on this?
Thank you

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 am

Hello, Mysticmama4,

If you buy the tea leaf symbol interpretation book, you will get a better answer.

As you had stated, we do not do interpretations on the forum.

Even if we did, this is a vague symbol. It could mean anything from he wants sex from you to anything else. Penis symbols have many interpretations.

Find the book here:

www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Take care

Mysticmama4

Unread post by Mysticmama4 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:36 am

Thank you much Miss Aida, I will check out that book.

goldenarms

Unread post by goldenarms » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:47 pm

I've recently been working on an attraction spell to bring back an old lover and I'm on my second candle (vigil candle). My problem is that the wax is all gone but the wick is still burning. The fire will not extinguish. What does this mean and what should I do? I do not want to snuff it out and ruin the spell, but there's nothing left to burn.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Hello, goldenarms,

A clean burn!

Excellent!

take care

Honeybeelight

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 am

This is an odd one. I was burning the candle on my honey jar. I now put it in a hurricane lamp outside my front door, so I don’t breathe the smoke. I kind of like the symbolism of leaving a light out for my boy to come home.

Anyway, today I checked on it twice. The first time, it was burning just fine. The
Second time, it had melted all down one side in big blobs. There was a parcel that the mail delivery person had placed right next to the lantern. It wasn’t out, as I had feared, but it probably got jarred a bit, and there was a lot of blobbing.

The package was from Lucky Mojo. Almost everything in it was either for Uncrossing or to help me cast a Fiery Wall of Protection. One of the books i’d ordered, too, was Deliverance. I have the feeling this means something, but I don’t know what. Protection from those who would harm me? A wall between outside forces and the honey jar?

BTW, I always save all the candle bits from my candles, so I can bury them near the front door.
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

LovelyRee

Unread post by LovelyRee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 am

Hello I’m new to the forum. I actually been reading different things for weeks now, and decided I need to come on and post. Strange situation I can’t say I’m an expert on magic or hoodoo but dabbled in it since I was a kid ordering pendants and things. However I love to burn candles. I’ve had a honey jar I started for almost two weeks. I purchased little 4 inch candles to burn on top since it’s a small jar. Last night I burned a blue one because my target was being kind of rude to me. As I was burning it towards the end he text me back said he apologized for being as ass! That’s fine but my candle went out so I thought and I went to sleep maybe 45 mins after that. Oddly when I woke back up at like 4am because I went to bed at 12:45am the candle was back on burning i don’t know how because it went out earlier. Can someone help me I wasn’t too scared I just never seen that happen before. I just got up and put it out because I thought I was dreaming but I wasn’t because the other wax that was around it melted flat from the light being back on. :o

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am

Hello Honeybeelight,

To me, it sounds like the candle just got bumped, and that caused the wax to run off to one side. And as for your Lucky Mojo package, I like to think mine come to me at the right time that I need them. Perhaps yours did too.

Take care.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 am

Hello LovelyRee,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. If you would like to, you're welcome to introduce yourself under the introductions thread.

Your candle just must not have been out all the way, I wouldn't worry about it or be scared.

Take care.

LovelyRee

Unread post by LovelyRee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Sister Jean
That is crazy, because it was out for a few hours I woke up my room was just so bright. I really don’t like lights on when I sleep but it did wake me. But thank you for clearing that up... and now I need to find the introduction thread lol!

Armybratt525

Unread post by Armybratt525 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:19 am

Good morning
I wasn’t sure if there was another forum for this question. If someone could possible answer this question. I was performing a Break up spell with a skull candle. I performed the ritual this past Saturday cause the moon was waning. The candle burned a little slow but the flame was strong up until the night just before the new moon. This may not be necessary but I would burn the candle over night. The morning before the new moon I work up to a weak flame and once I walked by the air(I’m assuming) put the flame out. That night I went to see if I could like the wick but I could not find it. I wanted to know if this is a bad sign and if I should try it again? Or just wait to see what transpires?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Folks,

Please read the threads before posting a question.

We do not perform candle interpretations on the forum

Please read through the threads and you will see what to look for.

Thank you

Pud1995

Unread post by Pud1995 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am

Greetings!

I purchased some Money House Blessing oil from Lucky Mojo. I annointed my green 7 day glass candle with it. A few days in, the image of a skull appears very clearly. What does this mean? I want to upload images but I don't know how.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:47 am

Hello Pud1995,

We do not perform candle divination on this forum and we don't allow forum members to upload photos as it clogs up the server. But you can read more about candle divination here:

Take care.

Scorpio Spirit

Unread post by Scorpio Spirit » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:40 am

Hi. I'm new to spellwork. I was wondering if anyone can help me with shapes left behind by wax on my love honey jar. I can't tell what it is. So I need an unbiased opinion. I have pictures..

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello Scorpio Spirit,

Kindly read this post from Miss Aida:

candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass- ... ml#p378584

Also, next time you have a question, try to post it in the correct place. Starting new topics is against forum rules, thanks.

Take care.

DrLiam

Unread post by DrLiam » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 am

Hello All,

Im performing the Uncrossing Spell using the kit purchased from LM. As my candle burned down, almost to completion, I heard popping. Upon.closer inspection, I observed that the powder sprinkled on the candle was being "cooked" by the hot, melted wax. It was boiling and popped a total of three times. Should I read the popping as a part of my candle divination, or should the powder effects be ignored?

Clarification, im not asking for a candle divination reading, im asking if I should consider the popping of the burning candle, which was caused by the powder sprinkled on it, as an event for candle divination. I have the LM candle book.

Thank you for any assistance and insight you can provide.

Dr. Liam

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Dr. Liam,

Do you have my book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic"? If not, i suggest you acquire a copy -- it is only $9.00 and well worth the outlay, as it will explain much of what you were asking about.

First, dressing free-standing candles (like those in our Uncrossing Spell Kits) with oils is traditional. After that, there are several choices, including dusting them with sachet powder, herbs, incense powder, or a mixture. Alternatively, you can wax-roll your freestanding candles with herbs, incense, and oil. Instructions are in the book.

Second, dressing glass-encased vigil candles is a different matter. Holes are often poked for oils, and then a light dressings of herbs, incense powder, sachet powder, and/or glitter is added.

Third, popping noises and the like will not always result, no matter how you do or do not dress or fix either freestanding or vigil candles. Take my word for this, as one who has lit and tended to tens of thousands of candles for my clients. Yes, tens of thousands. Popping noises may occur with no dressing or with any dressing.

Fourth, you can manipulate candles to increase your chances of hearing or not hearing popping noises, seeing or not seeing high flames, smoking up or not smoking up the glass, or making the wax from a freestanding candle run out one way or another -- but you will need to set hundreds of candles in order to gain this kind of manipulative skill -- and, having gained it, you may also choose NOT to use it.

Fifth, If you read my book, you will find not only the spiritual interpretation of popping noises (spirits want to come through), you will also find a page on "test candles versus saving bad candles" and this will give you a lot of information on why and how to divine a candle or to manipulate its burn to accord with your will.

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Sixth, since in your case the burn was "naive" -- that is, a test candle for divination -- the popping noises should NOT be reduced to a mere "scientific explanation." In fact, i am quite opposed to that way of observing signs, since it is reductionist and anti-magical. The fact is you chose to dress a candle with sachet powder in a highly traditional manner and the result was a popping noise. So that is what you got.

Seventh, the spiritual meaning of this -- not the scientific reason "why" -- is what you asked about. The answer, again, is that a popping noise indicates spirits approaching near with the intent to communicate. Had you been a spiritualist medium, you would have heard the popping noises and you would have responded by knocking the table three times and asking for a message-bearer to come in.

Good luck to you, and all the best!
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”