Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am

Hi Pegasus,

When I see that amount of soot, it tells me there are obstacles so a Block Buster candle would be a good idea, then follow with another Road Opener.

That would be a good plan.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks Miss Athena.

Just to clear up I should light blockbuster candles after the road openers end, then do the road openers again followed by the love and job drawing candles?

If the blockbuster candles also burn 50% black do I repeat the blockbusters until clear then relight the road openers?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi Pegasus,

I believe that is exactly what Miss Athena is saying.

Yes, you want to burn until it gets clear. If it does not burn clear after repeated attempts then I'd suggest having a reading done on the matter.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi Pegasus,

Yes that's exactly what I meant.

Thanks, Dr Darensbourg, for weighing in.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Got your back, Miss A. ;) 8-)

flisswitch
Newly Registered

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by flisswitch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:43 am

Hi!

I have been practicing candle magic for a few years now and for the first time, I’m a little befuddled.

Last week, I did daily cleansing work with candles and mopping and sweeping and baths. I burnt a white candle for seven days to purify my space and cleanse my feat based control issues. The candle burned clean and fully, no issues.

On the new moon, I burnt a small black candle (not glass) with my intentions for the next six months. I also charged a green glass candle and a yellow glass candle and dressed them with oils.

Yesterday I performed the ceremony to burn them, tying them together with orange yellow and green thread and concentrated on them:

I am looking to increase my wealth by increasing my creativity and productivity.

They burned fine for about 24 hours but when I awoke this morning, the yellow had gone out. there is no physical reason why— except the humidity is high in the house last night (70%). Green is still fine.

My question is: do I let the green continue to burn with the yellow tied to it or is the yellow done and should be removed? Do I light the yellow again?

I would expect either both or neither to go out so this confuses me as to what it means.

I appreciate any insight.

Thank you!

Yesterday, I bo

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 am

Hello Flisswitch,

And welcome to our community. I am one of the moderators here and I have moved your post to its appropriate forum. When you get a moment, please take a look at our forum rules and regulations. I have attached them here for your convenience. rules

To answer your question, this issue could be for a number of reasons. Humidity, possibly, a spiritual sign? Maybe. But it could also be the quality of the candle. When this has happened to me this has generally been the case. You failed to mention whether or not this was a lucky mojo product. If it is then we can more accurately guide you on what could have potentially went wrong and how best to use our products however we cannot and do not comment or make recommendations for products that we do not make.

I hope this gives you some insight and be sure to visit our page for purchasing our candles. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html

flisswitch
Newly Registered

Unread post by flisswitch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 am

Thank you for your reply and moving it to the right forum— I wasn’t sure where it best belonged.

It may be a quality issue: the green candle is yours but the yellow is from a local shop and was a last minute addition. Should I simply relight the yellow candle and decide it was not a spiritual issue, as it did not affect the green? Or leave it be?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 am

Flisswitch,

You could be very right. If it were me, I would say a quick prayer asking God/Spirit that the work continue on and be effective without any blockages and/or impedance. If it continues to go out I'd get rid of it and try another.

Good luck!

MomaMedic
Newly Registered

Unread post by MomaMedic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 am

I've been a creeper on the forum for years but recently come across something I've never seen before and I'm looking for help! I tried a forum search, Google searches, couldn't find this "issue" from anyone else. Any one who's experienced this or has some insight please enlighten me!

So I was burning a Sacred Heart vigil candle, praying and petitioning my ex husband to fix his soul, return to God, follow the word of Christ, etc. I'll spare the long back story cause it doesn't seem necessary, but in short it was a positive, spiritual petition for his well being and for us to work productively as a family after our divorce (we have 2 small kids together).

The candle burning went beautifully, strong flame that barely flickered, perfectly even, steady burn that did not leave even a pinch soot or a puff of smoke, just a small ring of wax at the end, everything perfect and clean except a TON OF WICK remains! What on Earth??? I wish I could upload a pic but I'm not sure how... But there is a good 3 to 4 inches of wick that doesn't even looked like it burned! No wax, just wick. The flame went all the way to the bottom until it went out, I didn't even realize the wick was still there until I took it down to observe the remains, it seemed to burn so perfectly. I would think with a wick that long still remaining the flame would have been all catywompus and left all kinds of black marks, but the glass encasement looks like I washed it, it burned so clean.

Also, the petition seems to have been granted as my ex and I have been getting along very well the last few days and he's been making an effort to work on his spiritually.

So has anyone experienced this before? It was the strangest thing to me! Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 am

Hello, MomaMedic,

As you probably know, we do not do candle divinations for folks on this forum, but we do reply to general questions about the traditional interpretations of candle remains.

Your finding -- more than 2" of unburned wick remaining (and you had more than 3", which is remarkable) -- is very rare. I have seen it myself only a couple of times. I know of no traditional interpretation for this, that is, nothing i was taught by an elder, but i have been setting lights so long now that i guess i can speak with some intuitive insight and as a traditional worker myself:

I interpret the unburned wick as a sign -- and an acknowledgement from the spirit to whom the candle was dedicated (in this case Jesus Christ) -- that you have the strength and power to continue the work, that this candle has not exhausted your ability to continue, that you have reserves of integrity and have not expended your core self in the shedding of this light.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MomaMedic
Newly Registered

Unread post by MomaMedic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Thank you Cat for the insight! I too couldn't find any traditional interpretation and I appreciate your intuition and thoughts on it!

flisswitch
Newly Registered

Unread post by flisswitch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Dr Keith Darensbourg,

Thank you for your advice. To follow up: the yellow candle went out AGAIN despite me clearing up any extra oils. But the green candle burned cleanly. The day it finished burning I recieved a sale and a gift and I am thinking perhaps the yellow for creativity went out because it needed no further work— I have been painting all week after a month of malaise. I have heard candles may burn quicker if the spell is working but perhaps in this case there was no need for a spell. Thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi flisswitch,

Since you said in an earlier post that the yellow candle came from another retailer instead of Lucky Mojo, we can't advise on the kind of experience you're having with it. I would stick to buying Lucky Mojo candles as you can therefore be assured that quality is not a concern, and could then reliably interpret your results.

Congratulations on your sale and gift! I hope things continue to go well for you.

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

I have a few questions about some candle work I have done.

1. I set a road opener candle for a job, it had a lot of soot but I put some of it down to putting a bit too much of the road opener oil on with the herbs, it burnt fast but there was wax left at the bottom. I also have another candle dressed with crown of success and steady job oil which is burning really slowly. Should I relight another road opener? I am concerned the steady job candle has a tiny flame.

2. I had a road opener and a blessings candle lit together. I also noticed a lot of black soot and a bit of wax left at the bottom of the road opener and the blessings candle. I cleansed and thought I should relight again but with a blockboster.
The blockbuster for blessings is clear with a high flame but the road opener and blessings candle have a small flame and there are walls in both candles so they are burning like a crater and the blessings candle went out once. I prayed over it and relit it again. What should I do?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi Pegasus,

First of all, are these candles you purchased from Lucky Mojo? As you know, we only advise on Lucky Mojo products on the forum, so we need to be sure. This will also rule out quality issues with your candles.

Tiny flames are generally a sign of obstacles or resistance. A flame extinguishing itself may signify the work is not the right undertaking or that someone is working against you for this goal. There are a number of reasons for a candle to perform this way and it's impossible for us to tell you on the forum, as we do not do individual candle interpretations here.

If this were me, I would let the candles complete their burn then do divination on the final wax remains. You can always have a reader to do this interpretation for you if you feel incapable of doing it yourself. AIRR readers perform this service for a nominal fee:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/

Also, we direct people posting questions like this to Miss cat's page on candle magic divination:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pegasus

Unread post by Pegasus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Miss athena the oils and powders are from lucky mojo but the plain color candles are from a local store. It could be that they are not good quality :(

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi Pegasus,

Best to stick with the good quality candles you can find at Lucky Mojo.

Also, be sure to use only a little bit of oil, as that can drown out a wick.

Sorry but we can't comment more on products bought from other retailers.

Iyami22

Unread post by Iyami22 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:35 am

Good my forum family,
I had a candle working I did for myself to draw in money (nor of lucky mojo), that started whistling like a tea pot. I had no clue what that meant. It got so loud at one point that it could be heard from another room. I wish I could download sound of it because I recorded it. Has anyone else had this happen and what would that mean??? If it helps to know I put it out with salt after it got so loud I was afraid it would break if I let I continue lol.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 am

Hello Iyami22,

That is an unusual occurrence; I personally have not heard of it happening before. Usually subtle noises such as cracks and pops are interpreted as communications from spirit but again, I've not experienced this so I'm in a poor position to say with certainty and the fact that it is not a Lucky Mojo product also presents another challenge in answering this question. This could be potentially be something with how the candle was manufactured so we definitely can't comment on what that would mean.

Try using one of our products next time.
Good Luck

Iyami22

Unread post by Iyami22 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:51 am

Thank you Dr. Darensbourg

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”