Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Snuff Relight Runs Timed & Continual Burns Splints

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Candle Burn for St. Michael and Jude "putting out"

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm

This is a confession; however I do have a question. I have used on many occassions two separate candles for St. Michael in my office. One of the candles is tall one is short. I never blow out the candles. I either snuff them out with my brass candle snuffer which I got for only $4 or $6 at the LM shop. If for some reason I do not have it with me, I put the flame out with my finger tips. St Michael has never let me down for Protection. I am getting to the question...

St Michael has always protected me here when I have lit his candle and asked.

St Jude I had to snuff out while working on a spell and asking for his help. The news in the help came immediately, when normally it takes days. It was not the answer I wanted at the time, and I know sometimes the answer is "no".

My reader had stated it was a long shot and had lit three backup lights which also provided feedback. She did say that my work was 'working" and gave me the candle responses from the LM SHop regarding the St. Jude burn. He did "hear" me.

When working with the Saints like St. Michael and St. Jude, I have read in several places where you never blow out a candle. Stars said that a few times, but if I snuff out a Saint Jude or St Michael can it make a petition less effective?

I get signs everyday, including today... So to Snuff or not to Snuff?

Thank you.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Burn for St. Michael and Jude "putting out"

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Snuffing is different than blowing.

Snuffing a candle out )or pinching it our with your wetted finger and thumb) symbolically implies that you are going to continue the work later.

Blowing it out finishes the work. There is also some lore about blowing being insulting to the spirits of fire that live within the candle flame.

So, if you're snuffing candles out, you're fine.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Saints do not always have to grant your petition. This time it might be taking more time for your petition to work for you. I recommend that you do some cleansing and road opening work; in addition to any work to compliment the work such as a spell kit or vigil light to help the work along. But sometimes the answer is just no.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

RedSangria
Breaking magical bond with another person and a QUESTION!

Unread post by RedSangria » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Happy Rose Moon, everyone!

I was told by an AIRR reader I respect immensely to do a separation spell (breaking magical bond).

I followed all her instructions to the letter and received a very definite sign that the work I began tonight is going to bear fruit. *knock wood*!

The candle which represented the person causing all the harm was in its separate container in a sealed circle and melted down completely. The problem was that the brandy with which I doused the candle and the remainder of the wick, which melted to the wall of the container (but was in no no way attached to the rest of the wax, so not really a candle) kept burning. Eventually it was a teeny, very weak, little flame. Compared to the inferno I had going beforehand, this was nothing.

I had my sign - one that I wasn't at all expecting to get, btw, and kept waiting for that flame to go out. And waiting. And waiting. After 3 hours of sitting on my roof and dealing with very obnoxious Peeping Tom neighbors, I turned the container counter-clockwise a few times and the flame got suffocated then and there by the tiny bit of brandy remaining.

I didn't "help" put the flame out since I didn't snuff it or put it out with my fingertips, but I did...nudge it. It wasn't a burning candle, but now I'm obsessing. Did I negate all the work I did by doing that? Grrrrr!

ohwhygeorgia
Figural candle burning

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 am

I need to burn some figural candles, but I'm doing so in 3 seperate sections to keep my work private from others in the house.

Do these have to be burned at night? It's more convenient, and I have more privacy during
the day time.

It's for divorce/ break up work.

Thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Figural candle burning

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 am

No you can do the work whenever is best for you, and when you can best concentrate. So you can definitely do it during the day time.

ohwhygeorgia
Re: Figural candle burning

Unread post by ohwhygeorgia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 am

Thank youuuu!

Time to get some work done

have a great day (:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Breaking magical bond with another person and a QUESTION!

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just dispose of your ritual remains properly and feel confident in your work.
If you're very worried, then purchase a short reading with your worker to check that everything is ok.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:47 pm

I think you are fine. If you still feel like this is not good enough, then simply repeat the spell, and/or prepare a vigil light to keep heat on the situation.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 pm

When i do that sort of spell, i use LIGHTER FLUID or pure grain alcohol or Florida Water Cologne -- not brandy -- because i want an inferno!
catherine yronwode

RedSangria

Unread post by RedSangria » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Thank you all!

lunatrix

Having to Snuff out Vigils and Relight Question

Unread post by lunatrix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 am

My altars are in my bedroom and I've been advised not to keep the candles burning while sleeping...makes sense to me.

Any way, my question is :
If you are performing a work that involves a spirit (no I am not working with the Intranquil Spirit), do you perform the whole ritual each time you relight the candles? Calling them, stating your petition, and payment upon task performed? I am working with a Spirit Guide that is frequently called upon in the Hoodoo tradition, so we are not talking about other disciplines.

If there is a thread discussing this? If so point me to it : )

Any help is much appreciated because I need to keep up the work and am a bit confused on this part.

Thank you!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Having to Snuff out Vigils and Relight Question

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 am

Have you considered moving your candles into the bathtub, or into the oven, or into a deep sink overnight so that you do not have to snuff and relight? It's always best if you can leave a vigil light to burn continuously.

On the rare occassion that I've had to snuff and relight, I usually just spend a few moments praying my petition. I do not re-do the entire ritual that I did to dress it and set it working in the first place.

lunatrix

Unread post by lunatrix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:05 am

Thank you Devi!

I will consider the oven for other works. Bathtub is out...cats like to jump in and out of it.

One more question (that I forgot to ask)...need more coffee I guess.

Do I need to take a spiritual bath before each relighting?

Thanks. All of this seems to be minutia, but since this is new to me, the things I consider "minutia" might be very important.

I usually take my spiritual baths at night, out of convenience. But would need to relight in the morning.

cookie55

re-use candle

Unread post by cookie55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

Is it possible to use a perviously lit encased candle for the same reason, for the same person? it would be for the same person for the same reason...

A little short on cash right now and just needed to know. It is a bring my lover back candle.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: re-use candle

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:40 am

I would not reuse a candle that has already been extinguished ending a work. Once a work is ended, it's ended - and that candle is done.
However, many people have white tealights around the house for decor, and you can also use them for conjure if you have some.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:42 am

Ask the spirit if they expect you to do a full ritual bathing before each time. For small work I usually just wash my hands up to the elbows, wash my face, and brush my teeth before working.

danger

Question about setting lights in runs

Unread post by danger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 am

I'm a little confused about setting lights in runs. The spells I mostly do are love, lust etc. I always do those on Venus day. I would like to know, how do I set my lights in runs? Will it throw my spell off track? I was always taught to do all my love work on Fridays. Also, before I pray over my candles, should I drop a little oil in them daily? Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Question about setting lights in runs

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 am

Setting lights in runs means that you will continue the spell work by lighting a another candle of the same type after the initial candle goes out....

Doing love work on Friday (e.g.,) will be done continuously regardless what day the candle goes out. This works best for me when I use vigils instead of altar candles because you are more likely able to manage the candle work...in other words, keep a light continuously running (is this clear?). As for adding oil daily, that is a personal preference.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks Stars and Devi-- as always you are both brilliant!

Devi, thank you for confirming differnce between "blowing out" and "snuffing."

Stars, often I am using the Saints hand in hand with the spell work, and I totally agree sometimes the answer is still no. When I use the lights in spell work I typically let the candles burn all the way 4 or 6 inch or even tea lights dressed with the LM oils.

The only time I ever put the candles out (in spell work) is if the spell calls for it, like the banishing spell in Ms. Cats book posted by Crux777 where it stated to light the candle for nine nights and let it burn all the way down on the 9th night.

Thanks again to both for the confirmation on the Saints Candles and "snuffing" the candle.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

flamethrower

Unread post by flamethrower » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Hello Lunatrix,
I fully understand there are times when you must extinguish your candles...we have repairmen at our place tomorrow and I'll need to snuff out my glass vigil candles for a few hours until they leave. A straight-through burn is best, but erring on the side of safety and caution is never a bad thing.

To answer your question, I treat each relighting as a new ritual. So yes, I would state my petition, promise payment....do the things you did when you first lit the candle. Everyone may approach this differently (see Devi's response), but this is how I do it. As for bathing, Devi also gives great advice.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm

I am like flamethrower there are times when I extiguish my candle, and I will restate the prayer or a petition when I relight it. It is okay to do so because everyone does not feel comfortable leaving a candle lit. So do not feel like you HAVE to.

anthony387

Unread post by anthony387 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 pm

I think I've read under the tealights section under the description of candles, that u can use them for continous spell work if u feel uncomfortabe leaving large candles on while on the go.I'm ending up having to do that as well so there's always alternatives in my understanding.Do wat works for u :D

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Setting Light in Runs

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 am

If it is an offertory candle and there is flame only left, I take a new new candle and light from it to keep heat on the situation. If it is a vigil candle going, I use a fireplace match and light it from the vigil candle before it goes out to keep the flame going. And as Devi says, you can keep the same petition paper going or write another. You can write the petition on the candle itself if it is an offertory candle. Personally, I use the same petition.

Willowspell
Candle Spells -- in Sessions or Straight Burn?

Unread post by Willowspell » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:51 pm

I have another question regarding candle magic

I read on an explanation of a break up spell that employed figualr candles that instead of walking the figure candles away from one another in several sessions, you can "marathon" the spell and stay with it until the spell is complete in one sitting.

Is this method just as effective as doing it over a length of time, and if so, can or should the burning of candles straight through be applied to spell kits that would normally take several days?
[color=#408040]May the Road Rise you meet you.[/color]

-Willowspell

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: "Marathon" a spell?

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Effectiveness of the spell is determined by a whole host of factors including clear mind and intentions, skill of the practitioner, quality materials, and external and internal obstacles.

They way I've worked spells that lasted all day or night was to work according to the hands of the clock. So if I am doing a drawing spell then everytime the clocks hands were raising then I'd move the candles, or lodestones etc. You can time it according to what is best, but the idea is that you stick with the spell and work in a single day versus over a course of days.

However, with resect to spell kits or spells descigned to be worked over several days, I'd stick to the instructions on a spell kit as these instructions on what has been found generally effective. For instance, if a kit calls for three baths to be taken over the course of three days, you could not just take one bath after another on one day -- that would not be the proper way of working.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 pm

I agree with ConjureMan, personally, if using a spell kit, I would rather follow the # of days according to the instructions. It takes so much energy either way but I find it works best for my needs. Good Luck in your work Willowspell.

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Thank you for the responses. I was planning on doing over the recommended amount of time. I was just curious to the possible difference in effectiveness. :)

I feel that if a spell is worked over several days in many sessions that throughout the entirety of those days, whether it be 3 or 5 or 9 (or whatever amount) your energy continually will push forward with your will or intention even if you are not directly interacting with your spell components. On and off throughout each of those days you will remind yourself and mentally prepare for the ritual. In my opinion thus giving your spells more time and strength to manifest then if you were to rush through it in a single sitting.

-Willowspell

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm

I've worked moving candle spells both ways, in sections over days or in a single multi-hour straight run (which you called a "marathon" session). I like both methods of working.

But note, i have never worked a regular job -- always been self-employed, my entire life -- so staying up until 4:00 Am just means i will sleep in the next day, it doesn't mean i will miss a day of work!

In other words, for me, as an experienced practitioner with an ability to block out my own time, both methods are as intense and focussed as i can make them, and neither is intrinsically "stronger" or "better" or even "more traditional" than the other. They co-exist side by side as two fully valid ways of doing a moving candle spell.

Multi-day spell kits cannot be worked on a single day.
catherine yronwode

Willowspell

Unread post by Willowspell » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 pm

So wise Miss Cat :) Very true. It's the practitioners intent, knowledge, comfort and confidence ( in my opinion) that causes the results. Not how long you take doing the spell.

I could stay up all night doing a spell as well. But then I would be a very grumpy mommy in the morning..lol
That's not fair to the kiddos now is it? :)

Thanks everyone for your input! It's always interesting to hear individuals preferences and opinions.

-Willowspell

maduro01

Is it Okay To Continuously Burn Reversing Candle?

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Is it okay to continously burn a REVERSING CANDLE: GLASS ENCASED VIGIL LIGHT or is one time enough, and then just burn white candles?

I ask with the intent to clear out any negative energy (or black soot) that will get in the way of the love, money and job vigil lights that I will burn.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

corazon

Re: Is it Okay To Continuously Burn Reversing Candle?

Unread post by corazon » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 pm

I think you may be better off with doing house cleansing and personal cleansing on a regular basis. For the work that you want to do, I don't think a reversing candle would be your best bet.

Personally, I would use the reversing candle if I knew there was someone throwing tricks at me, or if I had a long streak of bad luck with known enemies.. you know what I mean?

You are wanting to clean out negative energy, I would cleanse the house with chinese wash (LM sells it), and then burn some incense for your intent like: van van, uncrossing, road opener, protection, and dress the doors and windows with a corresponding oil.. You can find all these incenses/oils/washes in the Lucky Mojo shop. I would cleanse the house like this once a month and also if you are feeling any negative energy.

Good luck!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 pm

You can burn reversing candles as long as you feel the need to. I work with clients who have reversing candles going at all times because they are constantly being thrown down on. Some candle services, including MISC will light candles "in runs" for situations such as this--so that when one candle burns down another is lit immediately in its place. Along with reversing you would of course want to keep yourself and your home spiritually clean and if you are doing lots of reversing work you would also benefit from protection work as well.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm

I agree with Corazon here. You're better off with a cleansing, protection, and road opening routine. Give you house a good cleansing with Chinese Wash at least once a month, have some protection set up such as sealing the windows with Protection or Fiery Wall, and then you could certainly keep a Van Van or Road Opener light going (you may wish to make a lamp for this purpose).

If you want to, a monthly Reversing candle should be more than sufficient, especially if you are keeping up with your cleansing and protection. I have certainly heard of people burning a Reversing candle on a regular basis, but generally these were professionals who were more of a target for incoming garbage than your average lay practitioner.

However, if you are in a situation where you know that you are being thrown at continuously, then you can certainly do that kind of work. But you may wish to think about a way to neutralize the enemy in a more permanent way, such as a mirror box and binding etc. It's more efficient!

If you need help setting up the best game-plan for your situation, you can always contact one of the AIRR workers! They'll be happy to help you. "D

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks everyone! :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:08 pm

If you are having someone throw for you the doing through cleansing and protection work while having a rootworker burn Reversal candles in runs can back up your work.

You'd want to Reverse, cleanse, then protect to keep from being attacked again.

spencey

Unread post by spencey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Can you please elaborate on the single multi-hour "marathon" session?

Does this mean you perform it hour upon hour for 3, 5 or 7 hours?

I am currently working on a moving candle spell and have performed it for two days straight, but now it is the third day and I need to go ahead and finish it because I have to go out of town tomorrow after work.

Also, in doing a moving candle spell if use some graveyard dirt that I purchased from LuckyMojo, to eliminate the current boyfriend while pulling the lady to me where can I discard this candle and dirt since I am not at the graveyard that LuckyMojo bought it from?

Also, when can one sprinkle knotweed on the two lovers candles to bind them, during or at the end after the two candles (male and female) have burned out?

Should this be buried in backyard to draw her closer?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Spencey, i do not think you have actually worked your moving candle spell in a straight run for two days straight because i know of no figural candle that will burn for 48 hours. I think what you mean is that you performed it in sections on two consecutive days. A straight run means just that -- you light the candles and never put them out until they are finished burning.

Your idea about performing a spell for 3, 5, or 7 hours is based on serious misconception. We are NOT talking about substituting hours for days (a three day spell in three hours). We are talking about burning figural candles straight through -- as long as the candles last. When you burn them straight through, you do not put them out. If they burn 6 hours and 22 minutes, that's how long the spell lasts. If they burn 14 hours and 11 minutes, that's how long the spell lasts.

Regarding Graveyard Dirt, you can dispose of it at any Graveyard or at a crossroads. See the page on disposing of ritual remains here:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

You would sprinkle any herbs on the candles at the time you prepare them, after dressing them with oil.
catherine yronwode

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:58 pm

If there is black soot on the reversing candle, does that mean I should burn another one or is one still enough?

spencey

Re: Candle Spells -- in Sessions or Straight Burn?

Unread post by spencey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:13 pm

My apology Cat. You are correct on what I was attempting to ask. I should have clarified it better. Thanks for the clarification! :-)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 pm

You need to get a reading on your specific situation. You can check here for some divinatory signs gained from candle burning:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Black soot generally means you are facing obstacles to your work, or someone is actively resisting.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:48 pm

It is not clear at all what you jmean by "continuously burning" a reversing candle.

1) You do not state whether this is a Reversing Vigil Light, a Double Action Red/Black, White/Black, or Green/Black Jumbo Candle for reversing, or a Black-Over Red Reversible Jumbo Candle. Please clearly state which Lucky Mojo product you are using so we can best help you.

2) If you mean let the candle burn until it is done, that is called buring it straight through, or in one sitting. This is a common but not universal with both Jumbo Reversibles and with Reversing Vigil Lights.

3) If you are asking whether it is a traditional and acceptable practice to let one candle burn through and then light another from its flame, and so forth, first, you ought to be aware that this is called "burniing in runs" and it is quite common with Vigil Lights, but less common with Jumbo Candles because they need closer tending. However, regardless of the type of candle, if you have a long-term enemy you may burn lights continually.

4) If you really wish to burn lights continually, you might be better off burning a kerosene oil lamp dressed with reversing oil in the kerosene.
catherine yronwode

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:01 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:
3) If you are asking whether it is a traditional and acceptable practice to let one candle burn through and then light another from its flame, and so forth, first, you ought to be aware that this is called "burniing in runs" and it is quite common with Vigil Lights, but less common with Jumbo Candles because they need closer tending. However, regardless of the type of candle, if you have a long-term enemy you may burn lights continually.

This is it! Thanks! :D

nena1974

moving candle spell while hiding work

Unread post by nena1974 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:49 am

My reader has recommended i do a moving candle spell. However, I keep my work hidden from my bf, most of my candle work is done when he works long shifts at work or goes out at night. How do i go about doing a moving candle spell when i have to keep snuffing out and putting away my candles?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: moving candle spell while hiding work

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

Wrap them in a brown paper bag and hide them away between sessions of burning them.
catherine yronwode

coyalxauhqui

Re: Candles: Snuff & Relight, Runs, Timed, & Continual Burns

Unread post by coyalxauhqui » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 am

Hopefully this is the right topic for this!

How much fiddling is acceptable with a candle? I'm burning three 7-days right now pretty much continuously (I've only snuffed them out when my roommate has been home alone because I don't think she'd be amused by my candles burning). One of them is rather floundering, and it really appears that there's just too much melted wax and not enough wick to sustain it, so it keeps almost going out. Should I be removing some of the wax, or should I just let it burn, and if it goes out, it goes out? Does this mean there's some sort of crossing happening to my candle spell?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 am

You can pour some of the wax out, and see if that will help the situation. I would repray over the candle, and perhaps you need to pray with more conviction after you pour it out. If it goes out, no that does mean someone crossed your candle per se, but that can be an indication of your work possibly. I would get a 10 minute reading to see what this indicates for your work.

coyalxauhqui

Unread post by coyalxauhqui » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

Excellent, thank you for your advice!

ladydawn

Unread post by ladydawn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 pm

does it matter if the you happen to burn more than 1/7th or less than 1/7th of the candle one of the days of a 7-day candle spell?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 am

ladydawn wrote:does it matter if the you happen to burn more than 1/7th or less than 1/7th of the candle one of the days of a 7-day candle spell?

As long as you make the candle last all seven days, you'll be ok, I mark candles like that with pins so I can make sure to burn an even section each time, because this is more esthetically pleasing to me, but its not the end of the world if you burn a lil more or less ;)

BellaMars
If a Continuous Vigil Candle burns out light another asap?

Unread post by BellaMars » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 am

I am burning vigil candles for 3 saints. I have them lit 24/7 last night 2 burned out whil I was out and I relit two new ones once I got home and saw that they were finished. Today the 3rd went out this morning and I did not have a replacement and am going out to get one right now. Is that messing up the prayer and the assistance I am asking of them? Also I am using olive oil at the moment for the dressing of the vigils and the only herb I am using is sage for wisdom.

Also is it necessary to have a petition paper underneath all of them? Name of person 7 times turned 90 degrees crossed with my name and then the petition in a circle without lifting the paper? SInce these were Saint vigils I didnt think I needed them but they are being used as back ups while I am working a skull candle so now I am having doubts and think I might need to put a petition underneath. I read on a post that a petition must be dotted five times with oils on the corners and then the center but I dont see that instruction on LM website.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: If a Continuous Vigil Candle burns out light another asap?

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:20 am

THat is fine, and no you are not messing with the petition. As long as you replace and say your prayers to them you will be fine. As for sage eh...depends who you are utilizing for your saintwork. You could just use the olive oil alone until you get your lucky mojo products.

I think you need to RELAX. I know you want to get all this done in a hurry but honestly, you probably just need to step back for a day or two from your work perhaps even until your products arrive considering this is a very emotionally charged situation. But I would recommend that you just not get too consumed by this. If you want you can have the missionary church light candles for you considering you dont have all the appropriate products yet.

Now you are saying you are having doubts. This will translate into your work if you don't reduce that way of thinking. BE CONFIDENT in your work. At this point, I think you need to finish up the skull candle, and then have Missionary church do these vigil lights. You need to step back and do some cleansing work for yourself, home, and just rest at this point. Keep yourself busy til your stuff arrives.

A petition does not HAVE To or MUST be dotted five times. You dont have to do that. But it is a way of how some people do things. That is what works for them, and it may not work for you. For now, just write a simple petition to each saint you are working with. Keep it to a sentence or two OR you can just speak from the heart as long as its the same intention every time. As long as you are communicating to them what you are seeking their help in, then you are fine. You dont have to have a petition to them, but it can help focus your intentions. If you want a petiton (what you speak of is a name paper not a petition) then simply say "Saint Dymphna I seek your help in giving clarity and mental healing with (your target's name) Please help him through his depression." Keep it simple. You can put that under the candle. If you want to write a name paper write his name 7 times turn it then cross it with a command such as "mental healing" But I think an actual simple petition would be better or you could just speak from the heart

Again, if you feel anxiety about this hand it over to the missionary church til your products arrive. Take some spritual baths so that you can relax and focus for now.

http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... vices.html

BellaMars
Re: If a Continuous Vigil Candle burns out light another asap?

Unread post by BellaMars » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks again stars! Doubt was probably too strong a word, more like wondering. I felt that as I prayed to each one and stated my petition it was understood by the Saints and that was enough. Someone -wont mention names- had mentioned I needed the petitions therefore I was more like 'wondering' if it was necessary bc I pray to them using their prayers everyday and ask for their help using the same spoken petition. I like that they are with me rather than lit at the missionary, its comforting and empowering all at the same time. I have their altar in my kitchen where I can be in their presence throughout the day. I didnt think it was going to be a big deal that I didnt have the extra candle at hand but it was better to ask . ---By the way I am speaking of St Dymphna's candle and it was the only one that didnt have a clean burn, there is about 1/3 of an inch of wax at the bottom and even though it was lit at the same exact time as the other two 8 inch vigils it burned about 12 hours more. She is coming up against some resistance. I am curious if the second candle will behave the same way.

I have never doubted or had anxiety about the skull candle, that is moving along as it should and I am confident it is working, slowly but surely :) . I wont go into details or update until its complete.

After the skull work is done I am planning to step back like you said, that was my intention all along. The skull needs to have time to work after its done and I need to prepare for the next step and relax and re-energize myself.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

elen4

Unread post by elen4 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 am

Help! I just started a honey jar spell and was burning a red candle on top of it. I had to put it out once so I pinched it. A second time I had to leave I put it in the tub and my roommate came in and blew it out. Do I need to start over? Can I just begin with another candle or do I need to do the entire jar preparation again? Since it was not my intention to end the spell (It wasn't even hers), will this affect my spell or can I keep on with it?

yankeedee123

Re: Relighting Candles

Unread post by yankeedee123 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:39 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:With respect to altar lights, offertory candles, and jumbos, i was taught to spit on my finger and thumb and to pinch the flame out, while holding in mind my prayer, petition, or intent. The spellwork is then considered to be "on hold," as it were, and the candle can be relit.

I was likewise taught that to blow a candle out is more final, signifying that you are done with the work.

The most final way to end a candle spell, i was taught, is to turn the candle upside down and quench it in water or snuff it in Graveyard dirt before it naturally goes out. This is done especially when the candle is a small altar light or offertory candle that has been named and "baptized" to represent a person.

This is an amazing concept. I had a friend that did a ritual for me using candles and she always blew it out. I never thought that blowing it out was considered to be final. I will pass this info onto my friend because I don't think she knows to pinch it out when she plans to return at a later time. Thank you for this insight.
A life full of candles is a scentsy life!

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:38 pm

The Cleansing advice is good. Also, don't forget the "protecting" work...if the energy came back on you later, consider the possiblity that a "reversing" may have been done on you by the enemy target. There is info on the LM site about "hands that protect against other hands." I am not sure where I encountered it, though I am sure it was in the Hoodoo in Theory and Practice section on Mojo, trick bags, toby, jomo, nation sack...

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:15 pm

I snuff out my free-standing candles by putting a tea cup over it. With a vigil candle, I just put a dish over the top.

AmaSarah
7 day spell, interrupted

Unread post by AmaSarah » Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, I'm currently working a 7 day candle spell. Last night, on the 4th night, I had a small, personal accident and wasn't able to tend to my spell.

How is it best to handle this situation? Do I continue on as if last night's omission didnt happen or do I dispose of everything and start over? or do I see it through but still start over again?

thanks

thelightfantastic
Re: 7 day spell, interrupted

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sat May 07, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't know if there's a steadfast rule about this sort of thing, but I would personally start over. The work was interrupted and should be started again. I would simply cleanse everything and start anew.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: 7 day spell, interrupted

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Interruptions to work are best addressed by repeating them.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”