• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: annoiting novena

New postby skyme714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 pm

jwmcclin wrote:
I have also read where some people baptize the candle in a person's name.

Can you baptise novena candles too?
skyme714

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:40 pm

I've never really heard of baptizing a novena candle, but I have heard of baptizing a picture of an individual and then pasting it on the candle, vigil, or novena. This can be used to influence a person's mind, to build communication, and to keep constant pressure on the individual.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh yeah, that I need! Thank you, ConjureMan! :)
skyme714

New postby jwmcclin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I learn something new every time I read this forum. That is good information ConjureMan.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:12 pm

I just thought of something.. before discarding a doll that was baptise in the name of someone, you have to unbaptise it to free the doll of spirit. What about baptise candle? The candle burns, and the spirit is gone? Do i have to do anything to a candle to unbaptise it? (I dont wanna hold someone's spirit without even knowing it) Thank you!
skyme714

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 pm

The reason why you baptize a candle is to have that candle or doll represent the person. It has nothing to do with the actual spirit per se. So if you were doing a candle...a pink figure candle you would baptize or name the doll as John Rock. You want it to be connected to the target so that you can affect them.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:31 am

I asked because I read about dolls to unbaptise them before disposing of them, to let the spirit of the person out (not to bury it).
So I guess I dont have to worry about that (that I might somehow hurt another person by trying to make good to them). Thank you, Star!
skyme714

New postby skyme714 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm

I found why I was talking about spirit while pabtising a candle. One way to baptise that I found here was: make a cross over and say:"Candle, you are now John Smith. All his qualities are now yours. His spirit is yours. You are John Smith. So be it!"
Thats why I was afraid to cpture the spirit and then not realising it.
skyme714

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Some workers draw the spirit of an individual into a doll, effigy, or object of any kind. This type of summoning does require a dismissal, when working with a novena candle or picture, Stars is right you don't have to release the spirit since either the candle is burnt down, or the you haven't actually summoned their spirit.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 am

Yep...you can definitely do that. I know that somewhere on this site thats how it was recommended to baptize baby doll. You can do it that way or you could just say this doll represents so and so.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby MysticRootworker » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

If I do the picture on a candle and Baptise it in my targets name, I was thinking I would use a glass encased candle. So my question is after I do the spell, how would I dispose of the picture and candle? I am doing this to influence him in a romantic situation. Also any other suggestions on this spell I would be open to the information.
Thank You
MysticRootworker

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm

You can baptize the picture and stick it onto a glass vigil candle dressed with your oils and herbs. Light it while praying over your intentions then speak to the picture, speak to them lovingly and sweetly as if you were speaking to the person. As the candle burns the flame of your intention burns into their thoughts. Once you've completed it bury in your front yard to attract them.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Re: Vigil Candle Confusion

New postby stelselv » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 am

I have a question about vigil candles.. I am interested in placing orders for candles such as attraction, uncrossing, reversal.....etc... I am not doing a Novena so i would not want to burn them with in 7 days or so.... I was thinking more like burning them for 10mins every day, as and when I have a petition..... it is going to take a long time.. or must the vigil candles be burnt within 7 days........

I was also thinking of ordering saints vigil candles, to burn them as thank you candles.... I want to burn them only when I say prayers...

has anyone tried this method... it would be nice to hear from you.... or any creative suggestions... thanks for your reply.....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
stelselv

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:07 am

No it does not have to be burnt down within 7 days. Honestly, there is no one way to burn vigil candles. They are sort of supplementary to the work you are doing, or they are simple spells that you can do. In addition, they're good to keep heat on situation. So try this out. When I am doing candles for myself, I burn them for however long I can that day. Sometimes I dont like to leave them on. In addition, when it comes to saint candles you can leave thank you candles. People do this often. But if you want to concentrate on a candle, and burn a candle for 10 minutes I see that as doing a spell and burning it over 7 days for example, but you are just doing it for longer. So I dont see a problem with this.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby stelselv » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:06 am

this is great, thanks very much STSK7
stelselv

New postby Turnsteel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Do keep in mind tho that pinching them out and re lighting them gets to be a real pain when they start to get low, I find lighting a bamboo skewer( their like 5$ for 50 of them here) and using that to relight them works very well, cheaper them long fireplace matches too :)
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby stelselv » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 am

thanks very much again HD and STSK7... appreciate all your posts and creative ideas....
stelselv

New postby MysticRootworker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 am

Thanks again CM.
MysticRootworker

Glass Candles/Petition Paper

New postby jazzie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 pm

I have been curious about this for a while.

I have burned seven day candles with the petition papers underneath the glass. What can I do with the empty glass candles and the petition papers?

I don't have a yard by the way, thus burial is not an option.

Thanks.
jazzie

Re: Glass Candles/Petition Paper

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 pm

You can bury them in potted plants. The glasses can be kept and reused.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby jazzie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. But, isn't there another more practical alternative than the potted plants?

Thanks.
jazzie

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 pm

You can do any of these methods that are appropriate with your work.
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

If you do not have a yard, put it in a potted plant. Sometimes we must do things that we do not like to do for the sake of the work. The only other options i could suggest to you is to put it under a floor mat. Otherwise if you do not do this, then consider your work incomplete.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 am

Sorry, if I come out ignorant on this one.. I have always thought of burning petition at some point, but can you also bury it in the ground??? :shock:

P.S. See the more I read the more I get confused :mrgreen:
skyme714

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 am

Please read the link above, and see what burning a petition does. Yes, you can bury it in the ground, but where you want it into the ground depends on your intentions.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:09 am

Yes Star, I read that link back and forth, back and forth... but as I said, the more I read on the forum from dif people, the more I get confused.
skyme714

New postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 am

I dont understand what you are confused about. Please explain.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 am

Ok. Since some time ago I read this forum everyday to expand my knowledge, and learn how correctly to do the job. Until now I thought you have to burn the petition.. not that you really HAVE TO, I understand that there is no set rules. But I read like "million" threads on the forum, and this is the first that mentions burial of petition.
A also read info on LM site and there is a lot of interesting information, as well as page about how to lay the tricks. Although for me, Id rather listen to people on the forum, (who do the job and have results) and follow their lead, then I'd do something out of general information page.
I have never heard about burying petition until this thread.
Reading here about Hoodoo work, I think I got it for the most part. I try not to ask too many questions but the ones I ask is because Im afraid to mess up like for ex. you said "...then consider your work incomplete". I dont want that happen to me, not to complete my work and be waiting for results. Also, some of the ritual disposals are unavailable to me, thats why Im always interested what other methods are available, like planting wax in a plant by the door or so.
At some point Im afraid to burn petition not to cancel out the spell (I burn them mostly after I get what I asked for).
I know about buriing bottles, wax, dolls (they are like whole complete spell), but was unaware of buriing petition (as it is only part of spell).
Sorry, if I couldnt describe it any better :) it is 5am outside :)
skyme714

dressing the candle

New postby Nathaniel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 am

hi all. i wanted to know if you are dressing a free standing candle like a taper candle to attract and you wish to dress the candle by stroking the oil towards you which way is the candle directed as you stroke it? Is the the top/tip or the bottom pointing towards you? And just the opposite, if you are repelling or getting rid of something as you are dressing the candle by stroking the oil away from yourself which way is the candle pointing as you hold it? or does the direction of the candle even matter?

thanks
Nathaniel

Re: dressing the candle

New postby Turnsteel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 am

There is no standard on this. Everyone has their own take on it. Do what makes most sense to you.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby adam283 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm

how I do it and how I have read in "The Master Book of Candle Burning" is that the candle has 2 poles like a magnet so to turn the candle sideways in front of you and anoint the right half of the candle from the middle to the bottom with your desired LM oil turning it towards you to bring your desires towards you, then flip the candle and anoint the other half turning the candle towards you to attract, if you wish to repel simply rotate the candle away from you as you anoint it.
adam283

New postby jazzie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:You can do any of these methods that are appropriate with your work.

If you do not have a yard, put it in a potted plant. Sometimes we must do things that we do not like to do for the sake of the work. The only other options i could suggest to you is to put it under a floor mat. Otherwise if you do not do this, then consider your work incomplete.

In that case, would I have to buy a potted plant for each petition? Or can I just use one potted plant for all of them?
All of the petitions deal with drawing-positive work.

Thanks.
jazzie

New postby Turnsteel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm

jazzie wrote:
starsinthesky7 wrote:You can do any of these methods that are appropriate with your work.

In that case, would I have to buy a potted plant for each petition? Or can I just use one potted plant for all of them?
All of the petitions deal with drawing-positive work.

Thanks.

I think you'll be fine with just one plant, I can't say I'm sure since I have a yard, but I don't see a problem with one plant.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby jwmcclin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 pm

I finally located a glass recycling location and that I where I take my empty containers. I say a prayer and thank the saints or spirits. If there is left over candle wax, for drawing spells, I bury in my front yard or in my back yard. For negative spell work, i throw to the crossroad. I keep petition papers to re use.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby jwmcclin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

I agree with both of you. I consider the wick as the top and stroke upward when drawing and downward when repelling or banishing.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby jazzie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Confused.

So, some bury it and others keep it for re-use. Jwmcclin, do your tricks still work despite not burying the petition paper?

I fail to understand the reason burying the petition paper would be necessary. I would think that the meat is actually in the leftover incense and wax but not on the petition paper. There are people who don't even use petition papers at all with seven-day candles but oh well, in my case, since it is a left-over then I do need to do something with it.

I will be repeating this trick this month also...so I don't know what would be best yet, whether to reuse the petition paper or bury it.

Now, I wonder.

Would placing them under the carpet of my apartment work?

I am just being honest with myself here, I am awful at keeping plants. They always die on me and to me, if the plant dies then my petition will die with it. I can completely understand the reason the backyard option is more manageable.
jazzie

New postby Turnsteel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm

all we can really say is, try it. Their isn't a big book of conjure rules somewhere to look these things up. Is what you asking all that traditional? Well, yes and no, use it as a substitute for the front yard isn't very traditional, but fixing a five spot in a room is a very old trick. So, give it a try, other wise you'll never know :D
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 am

If you have been burning the petition, and have been seeing results, then fine go with that. But its not just about the petitions its about the remains. UNLESS its a vigil candle, as you probably wont find anyone burying the whole entire glass candle. Burying the remains are not necessary. HOWEVER picking a means of disposal is necessary depending upon your intent. It is like putting a period at the end of your spell work and allowing for it to take effect. It is the conclusion of the work you have done. So you may not find yourself being able to bury a trick at your target's house, or being able to go to a crossroads at 5am in the morning, but there has to be some means of deployment and disposal. Believe me its hard for me to find a crossroads to go to and keep on going. But let me tell you getting lazy about it...is not going to help you. When you are doing negative work...the idea is to get those remains AWAY from you. I know people who do egg spells and they dispose of it down the toilet. Or some people may not have a running river by them but they may have a sewage drain and do it that way. Personally, I dont go to the crossroads for break up work or enemy work..I like to go to the railroad tracks. It is more violent for someone to get run over by a train or for the relationship to get "hit" that way. Sometimes you have to think slightly outside of the box. However, burning a petition? How has that been working for you? If it has been working for you, then perhaps that works for you. But if it hasnt been working for you then I would recommend that you do it the more conventional and tradition way.

This goes for spellwork in general, before you go and want to change something around alter it...swap out ingredients...and thing of doing it a different way. Try following the directions FIRST, and try doing it the traditional way. Then if you find out other ways of experimenting to achieve what you want...then fine. But when you are first starting out I recommend sticking to the traditional ways, to prevent yourself from being overwhelmed. So i would pick two ways of deployment. One for positive work or when you want to keep something NEAR YOU, and then another for getting something AWAY.

skyme714 wrote:Ok. Since some time ago I read this forum everyday to expand my knowledge, and learn how correctly to do the job. Until now I thought you have to burn the petition.. not that you really HAVE TO, I understand that there is no set rules. But I read like "million" threads on the forum, and this is the first that mentions burial of petition.
A also read info on LM site and there is a lot of interesting information, as well as page about how to lay the tricks. Although for me, Id rather listen to people on the forum, (who do the job and have results) and follow their lead, then I'd do something out of general information page.
I have never heard about burying petition until this thread.
Reading here about Hoodoo work, I think I got it for the most part. I try not to ask too many questions but the ones I ask is because Im afraid to mess up like for ex. you said "...then consider your work incomplete". I dont want that happen to me, not to complete my work and be waiting for results. Also, some of the ritual disposals are unavailable to me, thats why Im always interested what other methods are available, like planting wax in a plant by the door or so.
At some point Im afraid to burn petition not to cancel out the spell (I burn them mostly after I get what I asked for).
I know about buriing bottles, wax, dolls (they are like whole complete spell), but was unaware of buriing petition (as it is only part of spell).
Sorry, if I couldnt describe it any better :) it is 5am outside :)
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby Nathaniel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:08 am

thanks. but i thought you could just anoint the candle from the bottom all the way up to the top to attract and the opposite to repel.
Nathaniel

New postby jwmcclin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:40 am

Again that is personal preference.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby skyme714 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Thank you, Star! Thats some good ideas! I like the idea with railroad tracks! I remember you told me that before!
I try to dispose of everything at crossroads to the west or east (depending on work).
I also curerntly have a box I put all remains into for drawing work (cause its kinda would be hard to bury when its 30 degrees outside and ground is deep frozen).
As for burning petitions I would always keep them until I get what I asked for, and then burn like Im done, I got the result, and keep the ashes in same box, but my thought was that it not exactly what I was suppose to be doing. And Im always trying to learn and improve myself.
Thank you once again for taking your time to explain :)

P.S. See, I didnt consider petition paper as remains ( I just read it from your another post). Now I see why to bury it. Thanks.
skyme714

Petition Paper

New postby danger » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:42 am

Could someome please write me an example of a petition paper for a Money Spell? This is the first time I've ever done a Money Spell.
danger

Re: Petition Paper

New postby Devi Spring » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

The most simple petition paper is just writing what your intent is in a clear and concise sentence, then place that under a candle. You could then write your name on top of that statement 3 times in order to show that you have control over that situation.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 am

I would write I am a magnetic, money is attracted to me, money come to me now and write dollar signs at each corner.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby CopperFox » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 am

It's a bit difficult to illustrate a petition paper in this format, but I'll do my best. There are several traditional methods for preparing petitions, I'll outline a common one for you here. You may use parchment paper or paper neatly torn from a brown paper bag. If you like, you can use colored ink that complements your work or a #2 pencil (no erasing allowed!) -- green ink is nice for this, but whatever you have is fine. Make sure all your spell components are assembled; you don't want to stop midway through your ritual to get something you've forgotten and break your focus.

Write out your full name 3, 5, 7 or 9 times (your choice) with each repetition of the name directly beneath the last. Turn your paper nintey degrees clockwise, which is considered toward you, because you are working to draw money. Overwrite your name with a short petition, for example, I've used the success sigil or a phrase like, "Prosperity is mine." Write your petition the same number of times you have written your names, spaced so that it completely covers your name. Now if you like, you can encircle that with a related petition, like "Bless me with prosperity." The trick is to begin writing your petition, encircle the name/petition and never lift your pen. Go back and dot i's and cross t's when you've completely closed the circle. It's good to practice this technique because you want it to be perfect. Other workers with just write a petition beneath the name/petition. One technique I've learned is to "box in" the name/petition with either four related petitions or the same petition written four times, so that the name/petition is enclosed on all sides. I think this practice is probably more common in areas influenced by Native American practices, because there is a lot of power attributed to the number 4. I have used all these methods with success, so you can choose what feels best to you.

After your name paper and petition is prepared, take some anointing oil and lightly dab each of the four corners as you pray and state your petitions; finish with a final dab in the center of the paper, making a 5 spot design. For drawing work, you will then fold the paper inward toward yourself. How many times the paper is folded depends on the type of paper you're preparing, but remember to rotate it clockwise, toward yourself and fold inward each time.

Hope that helps you get started; take some time to plan out your work and practice your name paper so you are feeling confident during your spell. Also see the LM webpages for additional information about how and why name papers are prepared and the spells archive for a spell that may suits your needs.

Good luck,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

New postby Miss Bri » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 am

danger wrote:Could someome please write me an example of a petition paper for a Money Spell? This is the first time I've ever done a Money Spell.

I use the chant: Money Come, Money Stay, Money Grow

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

New postby Loved » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi :)
If using a glass encased green candle to burn on top of the petition, what would be the best / strongest herbs to load into the candle for money drawing?
Loved

New postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 pm

All herbs are strong, and serve different purposes. I would use magnetic sand, allspice, mandrake, patchouli, pine needles. I like to use thyme to make my money grow, and to keep it with me, and sassafras to control my spending as well.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 am

Pyrite and Lodestone grits are great additions to vigil candles for money.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

New postby Turnsteel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 am

ConjureMan wrote:Pyrite and Lodestone grits are great additions to vigil candles for money.

And if you don't have any or can't even afford them wedge some coins down between the glass and the wax, but do be careful not to crack the glass.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby danger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 am

I want to thank all of you who have helped me understand my situation better and any other future replies.
danger

Pin stick into the candle...

New postby Natty » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 am

When doing spell involve insert pin into candle wick, what kind of pin will you use? Can I use needle which use in sewing?

Thanks for reply~!!
Natty

Re: Pin stick into the candle...

New postby jwmcclin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:28 am

I was also taught it doesn't matter if you use pins or needles...like sewing pins.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

I use needles, pins, and even push pins. It does not matter...whatever works for you.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby path2success » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 pm

What's the purpose of inserting a pin in teh candle wick? In Wicca I had seen some spell on that but in hoodoo atleast all teh pages i went through on LM i didn't find any reference.
path2success

New postby Devi Spring » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm

You can mark a candle off into segments for burning over time.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

New postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

The original poster talks about it being in the wick of the candle. I do not know what the purpose of this is. However, I was talking about marking it off into portions.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby jwmcclin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:01 pm

I was taught to stick a pin in the wick of a candle with that being the first pin placed if doing banishing and the last if doing drawing work.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

OK to pour out smothering wax?

New postby freegirl » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 pm

My lover and I are in a rift, not sure really the situation and don't want to go into a whole lot of details.

However, a Love Me candle went out... I relit and then poured out some of the wax. Is pouring out the wax cheating?

LM had a Love Me Candle set too a few weeks ago that they had to relight but they said it isn't always the work... I am watching to see how it burns NOW. Thoughts?
freegirl

Re: OK to pour out smothering wax?

New postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:38 pm

Well, I would definitely get a reading on this situation to see what is going on. There is something going on when two candles go out towards the same goal. If it were just one candle, I would tell you to simply light another candle, and see if the same thing happens. This has happened twice to you so I would definitely recommend a reading.

Pouring out the some of the wax is not cheating per se however it is altering the candle divination if you are into telling how the spell is going based on how the candle is burning. I would recommend to you that you get some divination done, and do some uncrossing work for your relationship in the mean time. Sounds like love me products may not be what you need, and there is more that needs to be addressed that are not being addressed through love me work.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: OK to pour out smothering wax?

New postby MysticRootworker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm

I have read on here where someone will pour out the excess melted wax if it is affecting the burn. I am new and just learning, I read ALOT on here. lol I am hoping to soon enter Miss Cats course so I can really learn..
MysticRootworker

PreviousNext

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells