• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: Glitter on LM Candles

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Its giltter and not magnetic sand, and miss cat explains the reason for glitter on the first page of this thread.
candles-trim,-carve,-load,-petition,-pray,-dress,-light-t9108.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Glitter on LM Candles

Unread postby tarotcardfairy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you stars in the sky! :)
tarotcardfairy

Candle Burning One Sided-Can I Trim It?

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 am

I have been trying to get my candle to burn to complete my Money drawing spell but it keeps going out. There has also been some problems lighting, after several attempts. I have signs that the spell is working. More business and the candle did twist and turn, sway, etc (I also used another regular candle to test for draft, etc). So it is working...I think. But I believe it keeps going out because the way the candle has burned. The top of one side of the candle is like a claw or peaks at the top. The peaked side is quite high. The other side has burned down low to a normal level. I think the wax is not flowing out because of this and therefor extinguishing the flame. The wick is always buried in the wax.

My question is...can I trim the peaks off of the top of the candle away so the candle will burn without going out. Will this affect my work?

Thank you!
Scratchmade Sweets

Re: Candle Burning One Sided-Can I Trim It?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes, you can work with a candle to keep it lit.

This post has been moved into the thread on preparing, lighting, and trimming candles.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks Cat. I will get to trimming!!
Scratchmade Sweets

Trimming wick on vigil candle

Unread postby RedSangria » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:18 pm

I have a banishing vigil candle going and saw that it got a bit sooty - just a little shadow - at the top. Sure enough it was because the wick was "knotting" and I remembered Miss Cat mentioning "curing" the candle instead of starting a new one.

It was already quite low in its glass case so I couldn't put it out using my fingertips and had to snuff it (I know, I know! :oops: ), I trimmed the wick, and somehow managed to relight it, read specific Psalms, and prayed over it.

The flame is back to burning steadily. If anything, it's even brighter than before. The flame isn't flickering, but it's "dancing" (can't think of a better word right now) around a lot. I should also add that the candle has been burning quite fast and if it hadn't been for that soot because of the knot, I wouldn't have started messing with it.

My concern is that I a)didn't trim the wick on a burning candle (hindsight is always 20/20) and b)snuffed the candle.

It doesn't "feel" wrong. In fact, I still feel very strongly about this candle. In the past, my intuition didn't stay quiet when I'd erred where candle or some other casting was concerned, but I'm still putting this out here and waiting to hear your thoughts.
RedSangria

Re: Trimming wick on vigil candle

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:12 am

You're fine. Don't worry about it. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re: Trimming wick on vigil candle

Unread postby RedSangria » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Can you tell I worry too much? Thanks, Devi.
RedSangria

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:54 am

Here's two Gamache questions:

He's suggesting using crucifix candles as altar lights. This doesn't seem terribly practical to me. I can't imagine they were plentiful when he wrote the book, and they're pricey enough as it seems (and he suggests 2 at the corners of the altar). Wouldn't it be more practical to get an appropriate holder with suitable imagery (like, a crucifix painted candle glass or something) and use that? I like the crucifix candles, don't get me wrong about that.

Another one is about his use of "Astral" candles, with two colors. Obviously as a Cancer it would be hard for me to get a combination green and brown candle, so what options are available for that? Just burn the green candle or burn a green and a brown candle side by side?
cognitivedissonance

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 am

Yes, cognitivedissonance, burn the green and brown side by side.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Burning Candles Outside

Unread postby witchy_woman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 am

Omg, Thank you for sharing. I have been wondering where in the heck to burn candles, and etc. I have NO privacy in my tiny apt with two kids and a nosey bf. I would have never thought of that. Your a genius. :D
Thank you St. Jude, for answering all my prayers!
witchy_woman

Burning vigil candles in the backyard or public park

Unread postby Transformer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi, I've had to temporarily move in with family. I want to continue my work but can't do it indoors undetected. My parent's outdoor property is quite small so any outdoor candles will surely be found. So I decided to burn candles in the park right across from the house.

I live in a cold, somewhat windy climate. So I decided to dig a hole for the candle and bury it up to the lip in the earth so that it is insulated from the cold and then i wrapped a tall cylinder of tin foil around the lip to protect it from the wind.

I do the same when I am staying at my brother's house except I bury it in his vast backyard under a huge pine tree.

Do you see any concerns with these locations or approach?

I certainly don't feel the energy I feel around my altar, but I have to make do.

thanks.
Transformer

Re: Tips on Burning Candles Outside the Home

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 pm

These are all inventive and useful methods. Thanks for sharing!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby trish76 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:35 pm

cognitivedissonance wrote:Here's two Gamache questions:

He's suggesting using crucifix candles as altar lights. This doesn't seem terribly practical to me. I can't imagine they were plentiful when he wrote the book, and they're pricey enough as it seems (and he suggests 2 at the corners of the altar). Wouldn't it be more practical to get an appropriate holder with suitable imagery (like, a crucifix painted candle glass or something) and use that? I like the crucifix candles, don't get me wrong about that.

Another one is about his use of "Astral" candles, with two colors. Obviously as a Cancer it would be hard for me to get a combination green and brown candle, so what options are available for that? Just burn the green candle or burn a green and a brown candle side by side?

I do love the search feature on this forum. :D

I was thinking the same thing BUT as my mind tends to overcomplicate things I need a tad bit more clarification. When setting up the altar as Gamache suggests--I was kinda thinking you don't have to burn the crucifix candles with every single ritual you perform. Is that right? I was just going to buy two crucifix candles, buy some 7-11 oil to dress them with and leave them there as the altar candles. I mean if I had to burn them with every ritual....I could see how that could get kinda pricey. Is there a reason why you would need to burn those for each ritual you perform? I don't think you do but I tend to miss the common sense stuff when I get in the "trish zone"......it's kinda like the Twilight zone lol. :lol:
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥
trish76

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:59 am

Hi Trish,
I would say that it depends on what type of ritual you are doing. The Crucifix or cross shaped candles really are symbolic of the Lord and His grace, bounty, and blessing. So there are situations where you would want to invoke those properties for large or important workings. On the other hand there are certainly traditional altars that have special candles which are not lit or are lit only on rare occasions.
Hope that helps!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Best way to cleanse a candle before burning?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 am

RedRose wrote:Obviously candles need to be cleansed before lighting what would you suggest is the best thing to cleanse them with?

Will plain water do?

You can also use Rosewater (for love drawing work) or orange water (for attraction/any positive drawing work) when cleansing candles and you can also use a bit of your own urine. I do not subscribe much to the idea of cleansing candles unless they are really dirty, but then again, I purchase all my figural and taper candles through LMC and they are not dirty and they are blessed, so there you go!
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Best way to cleanse a candle before burning?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 am

Elveta wrote:What do you mean by "seal or knock the candle?"

Hi Elveta,
I just saw this and Devi's excellent response. What Devi described is one way of knocking a candle, you can also knock a candle at the top of the candle by laying your palm face down on top of the vigil light, and then rapping the hand that is over the candle with your other hand three times. Professional workers will use other methods as well, especially when we are preparing many candles of the same condition or candles in runs.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

How crucial are herbs on candles, when you have oils?

Unread postby Transformer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:42 am

Hi, I placed an order yesterday for some love drawing oils along with a bunch of other misc oils. I was just going to anoint and light some vigil candles. Today I am thinking I really should have ordered the corresponding love herbs too.

So, how important is it to load or dress your candle with herbs when you have oils that contain herbs?

Do the herbs really give it an added punch or are the oils all it takes?

Thanks
Transformer

Re: How crucial are herbs on candles, when you have oils?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:49 am

Whether or not to dress vigil lights with herbs and/or glitter and/or to load them with personal concerns, petition papers, etc. is a personal choice.

If you ordered your vigil lights from Lucky Mojo, they would come dressed with herbs and oils and glitter.

When you order Lucky Mojo brand conjure oils, they come with herbs right in them.

For those new to this practice, i recommend purchasing

1) an array of Lucky Mojo oils

2) one or more of our hand-blended herb mixtures (e.g. Peaceful Home Herbs, Love Herbs, Gambler's Gold herbs, Lucky 7 Herbs (7 Herb Bath), Psychic 9 Herbs (9 Herb Bath)‚ or Uncrossing 13 Herbs (13 Herb Bath)

3) at least one dressed candle with your first order, to see how the work is actually done.

With those items in hand, you will understand how the candle dressing is to be carried out on a physical level and you will have the spiritual supplies necessary to do it right.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: How crucial are herbs on candles, when you have oils?

Unread postby Transformer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks. I actually just called the shop to modify my order. You have a great, helpful staff.
Transformer

Re: Tips on Burning Candles Outside the Home

Unread postby Transformer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Here's another suggestion: burn your candles in the BBQ outside. Just close the lid and they are completely protected from the elements. and they will not suffocate since the BBQ is designed to allow the flow of air to get the charcoal. and now in the winter months, it's not likely that anyone will go nose'ing around in there.
Transformer

which oils n herbs to use on orange candle

Unread postby channyway9192 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:56 am

Heyyyy everyone, i have a ? I need to change someones mind regarding the house im renting.....the owners daughter got mad bc I reported them, ling story short court was involved, she lied n said her mom has to come back i.to the property, therefore making my children n myself having to move, I dknt mind moving however, our search has been unsuccessful, and its WINTER & SNOWING where i live so my ? Is what to put on my orange or even white candle n petition to help her change her mind and let us stay ....(without me having to take her back to court)
any feedback would be great....I have LOTS of.oils just don't know which ones to use......thnx
channyway9192

Re: which oils n herbs to use on orange candle

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:51 am

You can do a freezer spell. To freezer her away from the property

www.luckymojo.com/freezer.html

To change her mind, you can use licorice, calamus, essence of bend over, do as I say, influence, controlling, commanding, and compelling are all good products to use.

to-change-someone%CA%B9s-mind-t1064.html
www.luckymojo.com/essenceofbendover.html
www.luckymojo.com/controlling.html
www.luckymojo.com/commanding.html
www.luckymojo.com/compelling.html
www.luckymojo.com/products-do-as-i-say.html
http://www.herb-magic.com/licorice-root.html
www.herb-magic.com/calamus-root-chips.html
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: which oils n herbs to use on orange candle

Unread postby channyway9192 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks STARS you are always such a great help.....I have commanding and compelling oils, as well as sachet powder, I'm gonna use licorice andd calamus root too ....thanks again.....
channyway9192

Do you have to use matches?

Unread postby sakura » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:43 pm

I have been using a Bic--is that ok or should I buy matches?
sakura

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

i use wood matches .
theusurper

Re: Do you have to use matches?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 pm

sakura wrote:I have been using a Bic--is that ok or should I buy matches?

Thats fine, when my zippo is out of lighter fluid i use a Bic
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Dressing Glass Encased Candles and Writing Petitions

Unread postby rico69 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 am

Besides inserting oils and powders inside a glass encased candle for love or lust, can the name of the person you want to love you also be inserted inside the candle? Do I just put her name or do I include my name also? If both names go together, do I write her name first and then cross my name on top of hers and insert that into the candle with a petition?
rico69

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Generally, inserting the petition directly into the candle is going to lead to it being caught on fire. This can lead to it breaking, bad burns, and similar issues.

Most people find it useful to place their petition underneath the candle, or tape it to the glass.

Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Re: I need Tips on Burning Candles Outside the Home

Unread postby kazster » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Would putting sand in the pan or cat box in, order to extinguish the candle if it tips over, afect the spell?

My 'Aunties" and others used to do that for their spells. Or made an indorr cactus mini garde with a huge sand area in the middle out of the old time square turkey roast pans (sometimes some rootwork given away as such).

Kazster
kazster

Re: I need Tips on Burning Candles Outside the Home

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm

This is a WONDERFUL share!!! Great wisdom from your "Aunties"! love this!!!
Try to remember as much as you possibly can.
Thank you Kazster!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

How to write petitions....confused...

Unread postby johnford » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey everyone!

Very excited apparently because I'm making quite a bit of posts in the last few hours (it will slow down I promise) and I am happy to say I am very happy with the atmosphere and the people who are apart of this group, so kuddos not many people are very friendly and as welcoming as you are. So now unto the troubles with candle burning.

I am getting confused to be honest. Not because of the anointing of the candles, or the incense or sachet powders, but petitioning.

I've been going through certain sources and some of them are making me think which way is the best.

I wanted to know how you write a petition?

For example, one resource tells me I need to write the name of the person three times (or unevened numbers) then write the intention of the spell over the name, so it looks like you are crossing out the persons name with your intention.

However! Another source is telling me that I write the persons name three times (or unevened numbers) then rotate the paper 90 degrees clockwise and then write the your intention or your own name across the person's name also three (or unevened numbers) to kind of give it a like a cross or tic-tac-toe.

So my question is, which is right? Which one is wrong? Are they both right? If there are both right, then what is the variations and which method should I use for such purposes?

Thank you,
John
johnford

Re: Troubles Candle Burning

Unread postby Lunaislight » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Well Both Are right :) I guess I need to be clear on what your petition is for ...
Lunaislight

Re: How to write petitions....confused...

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Exactly, more information is needed from you. What is the intention of your candle spell? As you mentioned, writing your petition and name on top is controlling the situation; writing your petition and turning 90 degrees is drawing something to you.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

John, if you were to purchase my book, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" you would see samples of a number of very different looking petition papers and name papers. Their form varies by intention and also by family and local traditions. Beware of internet sources that tell you there is a "right" way and a "wrong" way. This does not mean that any old way is okay, but there are actually MANY traditional ways, and it will take you a few weeks or months to learn them and become familiar with them.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby johnford » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:08 am

I actually ordered the book and a few other supplies from you the other day :) I look forward to reading it. Your business is awesome and I look forward to learning quite a bit from all you :)

Now as for the spell it was just in general. I used a Honey Jar Spell to sweetened up my roomate and mines relationship and I did the 90 degree example. I was taught the first way I mentioned, to write your name three times and then write something over top of it (intention or name) in order to get what you want, but I'm guessing there is relatively quite a bit of various ways of writing a petition.

I look forward to reading the Hoodo herb and root magic to see what I can learn from it.
johnford

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 am

You will learn a lot johnford and you are well on your way. Did you read the honey jar spell on LM? http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby johnford » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm

I did actually and that was one of the sources of inspiration that I took from. And you may just simply call me John if you would like. Now again with the petition writing it in the 90 degree way this makes it a bit sweeter yes? Where as if I had written it his name and then mine over that would have been a little more comanding right?
johnford

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Well you are drawing what you want to you; and Right, you are in essence controlling the situation...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby johnford » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 am

thnaks
johnford

personal concerns and vigil candles

Unread postby wraithklewn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:17 pm

So im trying out my first vigil candle here at home very soon. so i was wondering about personal concerns... i have enough so thats not an issue. but i was wondering was if they are usually put in with the vigil to be burned along with the candle?
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 1684G
wraithklewn

Re: personal concerns and vigil candles

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:21 pm

I sometimes will put a single hair down into a hole I poke into the vigil. Another option is to fold a concern into a petition paper and have it underneath the vigil.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Magickalcurios » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Possible to add both personal concern plus petition?
Magickalcurios

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:09 am

Yes, of course.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Absolutely. Wrap the personal concern in the petition paper and set it under your candle.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jmom » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 am

WHAT COLOR candle do I use to banish anger from son
I am wanting to burn a candle to get the anger out of my son.
what color candle do I use,
what petision
jmom

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am

You can use black or white. I would use black. A petition is "remove the anger from (your son's name)"
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ashley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 pm

@starsinthesky7: I have just read your reply to the topic "What do you do while candle burning?", which post long time ago. You mentioned we should keep the mood while the candle burning. I would like to confirm, if I need to sit in front of my candle, pray over and over while the candle burning, when I light it till it runs out? Is it the longer I keep my focus is the better? Or I can say my petition, pray for a while and then keep my mood but doing something else? It is different from taper candle and candle for Saints?

Another question, my friend has a question, if the time he focuses is the same, what is different between using a 6" long and a 4" long candle? A longer one is for us to have a longer focus time or a longer time to keep the heat of the spell?
Thank you so much LuckyMojo~ I learn so much from the forum. Thanks all~
Ashley

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Its your choice in work Ashley, workers choose what works best for their situations. Heat is kept on the spell when working it over a number of days.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 am

@ Ashley,
For the mood, I mean if you are doing love work try to "feel the love", if you were doing crossing work or break up work then we should feel the conviction and anger in you. This is apart of focusing, and is just my personal preference when I do the work. Other people may do it another way, but I find that when I am angry trying to do a love spell or something else is on my mind, or its full of worry...thats communicated in the energy of the work. So if I am doing a love spell, I try to feel loving, and really FEEL what I am doing. I believe in it.

You dont need to pray on the candle for the entire time it is burning. Focus as long as you can even if that is for a good 10 seconds. Just BELIEVE, and feel the strength of what you are saying out loud whether it be a prayer or petition. You dont need to keep focusing on the work all day or while you do something else. So you may want to pray or say your petition after you feel you have focused long enough, and then let it burn for the rest of the night. Or let it to continue to burn for the time you have alloted, and then move on to something else. That is up to you.

For saint work, you can still feel the power and conviction of what you are saying. I like to spend time talking with whatever saint I am working with, and/or I will say their prayer.

The length of the candle has nothing to do with the actual focus. Not everyone can focus for 5 minutes at a time. Its not really about the TIME you focus. It is about the QUALITY in which you focus. I mean whats the point in trying to focus for 30 minutes if your mind is wandering, and you are restless. Some people speak a what is in their heart, and others may simply read the prayer, psalm or petition.

The length of the candle depends on how long you want to work with it, and/or your preference. Some people work with 4 inch candles because they are easier to burn in the time they have alloted. In addition, some people cant leave candles burning while they are out. Longer candles burn longer amounts of time. So if you wanted to work a spell that requires 7 full days to work the spell, then you may decide to work with a 7 day vigil candle. OR you may choose to work with 7...4 inch candles. Its really your preference and as you continue to do candle magic, then you will learn your preferences.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Remedial Candle Dressing question

Unread postby Michael B » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 am

Hello all... this is my first post here, so I may as well "take the plunge" and display some ignorance and confusion. (sigh).

Despite having read almost every candle thread on here, I'm still not clear on a few points concerning carving names on candles and which direction to do so in. For instance: say I wanted to write my full name on a candle to draw money to me.... I read that "upwards", draws... does this mean that I would start my name at the base of the candle and work my way toward the wick - ignoring the halfway point of the candle ?
Raymond Buckland makes references to the top half of the candle and the bottom half - with an imaginary line around the halfway point to distinguish between the two. Needless to say, writing my full name pretty much requires the entire candle's length - and this just serves to confuse the issue.

Thoughts ?

Thanks !!

Michael
Thank you Jove, for your blessings and consideration.
Michael B

Re: Remedial Candle Dressing question

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:37 pm

There are several methods used to personalize a candle. Writing upward (drawing to you) by starting at base and writing toward you is one. Also, you can write in a spiral to get your entire name on candle (like peppermint stick strips); Alternatively, you can write a petition and place under the candle.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi Michael B,

Welcome to the forum. Its okay to ask "ignorant" questions. Lucky for you most people have asked all kinds of questions so you have a lot of material to learn from.

Now all of the methods you and Jwmcclin have mentioned are correct. I think you should try out all the methods and see what works for you. I did this when I first started learning. I personally do not do the mid way point method Buckland mentions along with others. I have always liked the base to wick for drawing, and base to wick for removing.

In this case, I would try the base to wick to draw something to you. See how this works for you, and make note of it. Then next time do something different. In addition, if your entire name doesnt fit you can say Michael B. and then when you write out your name paper or petition you can use your entire name.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:44 pm

The mid-way point on a candle is first mentioned in Henri Gamache, though he undoubtly picked up from practices he observed. This method is often used for dressing a candle. The candle is dressed from the center to each polar end in turn. However, this is but one method for dressing a candle.

Like dressing a candle there are various traditions for carving a candle. A few of which were mentioned by Jwm and Starsinthesky. For those who dress from bottom to top for drawing and top to bottom for removing they view the candle not unlike a person doing spiritual baths.

To learn more about these traditions check this out: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Like Starsinthesky said, learn these different methods and find one that resonates with you.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Michael B » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 am

Thanks for the very informative replies :-)...
Very much appreciated !

Michael
Michael B

Unread postby Michael B » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

For the record, I am going to be the "recipient" of the bulk of my upcoming candle work. To this end I have purchased several dark blue/purple candles to represent myself (as I am a Sagittarius poster child). Since I will be using these exclusively for the above purpose, is there any reason that I cannot dress and carve my name in advance and perhaps keep a supply of these together in a box for future use (adding to them as needed)?
I typically use planetary hours as a basis for my timing, and to have at least some of the work done in advance sounds like a good idea. Such as it is, in addition to my regular shenanigans, I'm awaiting my first order from LM: Jupiter and Sagittarius vigil candles, Henri Gamache's book, Jupiter and Sagittarius oils, and Lucky 13 oil - along with both sets of Seals/Pentacles on parchment. I'm very much looking forward to fine tuning my candle work, which has thus far been mostly done using gut-level intuition - I guess it is time now to "study up" a see about getting more professional in this area :-)

Many thanks ! I'm having a great time reading the wealth of information here too, btw !

Michael
Michael B

Spell using just a simple candle and oil(s)?

Unread postby KitKate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just placed an order for a few oils - Follow Me Boy & Marriage (for a relationship matter); and Crown of Success (for school & work successes). I'm rather new to spellwork so I'd like to start with something simple. I remember reading somewhere on this forum about lighting a red candle dressed with oil(s), writing a petition, and just praying before the lit candle what was on the petition. I couldn't find the post for this again, so I'm not sure if there was more to it than that.

Please let me know if you could recommend any additional suggestions to add to this type of spellwork that would make i more effective, or whether this is a good place to start for a simple but effective spell. Thank you.
KitKate

Re: Spell using just a simple candle and oil(s)?

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Kitkate, this might be the thread you are looking for:
got-the-reconciliation-i-wanted!-now-how-do-i-keep-it-going--t10624.html
It is full of information from Miss Cat :), and you could not ask for better advice!!!
Hope this helps and good luck to you!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Conjures don't need to be elaborate things. A simple petition written out and placed beneath a dressed candle can go a long way.

Write out your petition and place it underneath a saucer. Carve and dress a candle with the appropriate condition oil, pray over the set up and light the candle. This is called setting a light on the work.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm

You can add bath crystals and incense. Traditionally, one bathes before sunrise and throws the bathwater east toward the rising sun.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells