Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
mar_2

Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:06 pm

birthday candle sounds good, think i may have a couple lying around here and there..thanks!

C_A_2

Unread post by C_A_2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 am

Greetings,

When you write a petition for money, do you word it in a way so that no harm comes to anyone in order for you to be granted the money? For example, if you write a petition asking for $10,000, how do you word it so that the money doesn't come by way of the death of a relative who had you listed as the beneficiary on their life insurance policy?

Thanx.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 am

I often will roll my oil-dressed candles through some finely ground herbs that correspond to the work.
I do this especially when working with the 7-day slugs that you can work all over before putting them into the glass case to burn.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Often when I write out a petition like that I will do it in a written prayer form, something like the following:

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,
I ask that you bless my life with good things and that my bank account is overflowing. Lord, you know a man's inmost needs and right now I need 10.000 dollars very badly. Lord, if it is your will please bless me with the money that I need. May my gain of this needed money not result from anyone else's loss. These things I ask in Jesus' name, amen.

That's somewhat like how I would do it.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Editrix

Unread post by Editrix » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

You can also dress the candles with one oil and then use a different sachet powder that has a complementary effect (e.g. Healing plus Tranquility; Love Me plus Kiss Me Now!, etc.)

Hex2

Unread post by Hex2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:27 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew how to cleanse a candle before use in the Hoodoo method. I was thinking about using rum as this is the way items are sometimes cleansed in Ocha. Or cleansing any item before use for that matter.

ItsAConvolutedJoke

Unread post by ItsAConvolutedJoke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:33 am

Try florida water,whiskey,holy water or your urine.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 am

You can use ammonia as well. Whatever you use make sure you are wiping down from wick to base.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 am

Hello!

Okay, so I got home from Lucky Mojo today...OMG...awesome experience meeting Robin and Ian. :o)

When I got home, I prepared my petition for the PAY ME vigil candle I purchased. Once I lit the candle, it was fine. I went out for a couple of hours, and when I got back the flame was extremely low, and just blue. I noticed the wax around the glass was hardening, so I took a thin nail file, and just ran it against the glass to scoot the hardening was closer to the flame. When I did it, the flame went out, and gave up a white curl of smoke. I immediately prayed over it, and tried to light it again. The lighter would not work! So, after trying so many times, I got another lighter, and lit it again. It was tiny and blue, and I picked it up to set it on another table, and it went out again! Determined to get it lit, and keep it lit, I pinched the tip of the wick, and the tip came off. There was still some wick above the candle, so I lit it again, only this time I did not try to move it. It is still blue and tiny, and looks like it will go out at any sec.

I have never experienced this before...

Please advise.

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:18 am

Try scraping out some of the excess wax. Too much wax can 'drown' the wick of a candle. A slow, hot burn like that can mean that you won't be paid now, but probably later and with some struggles. In any case... I don't recommend interfering with a burning candle. They usually pick up on their own.

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:56 am

Thank you NotDorianGray!

I woke up this morning to find it out, so I scraped out some wax around the wick. I lit it, and voila! a real flame emerged! It is VERY stead, and strong.

Thanks for advice...I always appreciate the help!

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:57 am

If there is a large pool of wax around the flame, take the candle outside while it is still burning and pour some of wax on the ground and bury it (unless it is a cursing/reversal type of spell). Some candles have too much wax and not enough wick.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 am

Hello again Hoodooers:
Sorry about this question...but I'm kinda of confused. When writing on the candles, do one has to write "Vertical"? from bottom to top (for good spell ofcourse) or should one writes around it "Horizontal"?. :?
Please any help w/this would be extremely appreciated, I have to do a spell on blessing someone and I completely forgotten how to do it. Thank you :)

Shery

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

Depends how big your candle is.

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes I'm using a small LM pillar white candle. this is for blessing someone spell. :D
any feedback I appreciate it.
Shery

Astrophel

Unread post by Astrophel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks for the advice, guys. I was having the same problem with a candle that just LOOKED like it didn't have enough wick, but for some reason I just felt "wrong" about taking out some of the wax...I mean, that's where the oil went when they dressed it and wouldn't it "pour the magick out"? I'm glad I was just being silly :D

Shoo

Unread post by Shoo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

I hear that when a candle refuses to burn properly: going out, lots of black smoke, etc. then something else needs to be done to attain the goal.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Unless there is a perfectly logical reason why the flame is going out. Like the wick drowning in the wax, or the candle being in a drafty area. Not everything is a sign, sometimes it's just science, logic and common sense. When you exhaust the possibilites those three things throw at you, then you can look for signs.

shyguy

Unread post by shyguy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Do you have to keep redressing the candles for a 13 herb bath for 13 days? When you step out of the herb bath and air dry between 2 white offeratory candles dressed with uncrossing oil, while your smoking yourself in the uncrossing incense reading psalms. Do I have to redress the candles again for the next cleansing? I also use jinx killer satchet powder on the candles, do I have to repowder them too? And one more question, what is the best way to powder something? It seems a little difficult to get a good even powder all over the candle. I tried blowing it out of my hand but I seemed to waste it. I just pinch some and try to drop it on the oil.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:49 pm

You only have to redress the candles if you're using entirely new ones. If you are just burning a portion of the candle, and using it for the next time then no. To apply powder, I usually put some oil on the candle first, and then I put some oil down on a surface, and then roll the candle over the powder so that it gets on all sides. You do not have to keep reapplying powder unless you are doing another candle. Also, it does not need to be coated thickly with powder, or perfect on all sides. Instead of blowing the candle out with your hand, get a spoon, and snuff it out with the side you would put food on. Make sure the spoon is metal.

Lucylookingskyward

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Hello all! I'm considering ordering one of the beautiful fixed vigil candles, but I'm curious about one thing. Do these candles (whether they're labeled or unlabeled) come out of the glass? I only ask because I saw that LM sells pull-out refills, and despite having the candle prayed over, if I wish to add things like personal concerns or petition papers, I -- personally -- would be more likely to put these things in the bottom of the glass under the candle itself, rather than putting the vigil candle on top of the folded petition paper etc. Of course, having never set vigil lights before, I'm not entirely sure if its any different from setting free-standing candles in the usual manner.

Could someone with experience in this kind of work please offer me some insight? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:24 am

Vigil candles are not pull-outs. As far as I know LM does not sell fixed pull-outs. You have to fix pull-outs yourself.

If you want to put things in a regular vigil candle, just poke a hole into the top of the candle with a hot nail or screwdriver, and then insert whichever items you want into the hole. Although if you have a limited number of personal concerns, I would not put them into the candle - I would put them underneath so that you could use them again.

saramagnuson
HRCC Student

Unread post by saramagnuson » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 am

Hello all...

I have been burning a psychic vision candle and placed my petition underneath it on my altar. The candle finished burning while I was sleeping, so I didn't get to burn the petition in the candle itself. What is the best way to burn the petition now? My gut is telling me to burn the petition over the empty glass candle-holder so the ashes fall inside and then bury it all together. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Sara Magnuson

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Hello, Sara --
The following comes from one of the many web pages available here at LM and is excerpted from Ms. Cat Yronwode's book, Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:
Fire can be used to dispose of the remains of spells, but generally speaking, because fire is seen as completely terminating the object that is burned, disposal by fire is not performed on remnant materials you may have laid down yourself, whether for good or for ill, either on your own behalf or as work for a client -- unless you are well and truly finished with that piece of work.
As I understand this you would not necessarily want to burn your petition for psychic vision because this is work for yourself that is to be ongoing in nature. Rather you may want to dispose of the ritual remains by wrapping them in either white cloth or a brown paper sack and burying them on your property. The backyard is considered the most appropriate area for the type of work I think you are conducting. You may also want to construct a temporary crossroads, or five spot, and inter your ritual remains beneath that to further fix the power of your work. If you do not have access to a yard, instructions for internment within your home can be found on the LM HITAP webpages. Check them out -- they an amazing storehouse of information.

Good luck with your work & I wish you well.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

saramagnuson
HRCC Student

Unread post by saramagnuson » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:39 am

Thank you, CopperFox :)
I could see the benefit of "closing" the spell by burning the petition in the candle itself because they are both charged with the same energy, but since that wasn't possible, burying it felt much better than completely terminating my intent with a different source of fire.

I am still in process of reading through all the LM pages and making sure I understand what I'm reading, so thanks again for the suggestion you provided.

Sincerely,
Sara Magnuson

XBlodeuweddX

Unread post by XBlodeuweddX » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm going to have LM set some lights for me but the petition has me a bit thrown off.

I'm not sure what to say or how to phrase my wants for the situation. Is it similar to a prayer?

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:28 pm

On the other hand... If your gut tells you something, listen! If you feel like you want to burn the petition paper so that the intent within is released by smoke, then do so. There isn't a good reason not to. There's no good reason why you should, either... Except that your intuition tells you to.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 pm

You can do it in whichever way is most comfortable for you, as long as you make your intentions clear. You could write a list or you could write a poem. It doesn't matter, as long as it's personal to you and conveys what you want it to.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:02 pm

NotDorianGray is right; just write what you want, so if you want a certain person that you want them to think of you every moment of the day and when they sleep then write that. The universe isn't going to guess what you want, you have to tell it.

Good Luck!
Ask, Believe, Receive!

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:03 pm

what is the correct way of dressing a candle if you want to draw love from a certain target back to you

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 pm

I believe that if you are dressing the candle in order to draw anything towards you, (money,love,success etc) you must apply the oil/dressing upwards .........and vice versa for a banishing type spell, you dress it downwards , away from you.
Forum experts please correct me if i am wrong!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:12 pm

That is correct

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Yep. You can also take a pinch of sachet powder and blow it onto the candle.

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 pm

zee wrote:I believe that if you are dressing the candle in order to draw anything towards you, (money,love,success etc) you must apply the oil/dressing upwards .........and vice versa for a banishing type spell, you dress it downwards , away from you.
Forum experts please correct me if i am wrong!
Oops. I think I'm doing it backwards then. The upwards/downwards + towards/away confuses me. How can something be down, but also away?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Here's a questions for everyone, when doing a working on a candle over a period of days do you guys annoint your candle everyday before you light it up, or do you stick with initially annointing it and then lighting it daily without anointing again? I think this is interesting and since there is no right or wrong way of doing it I just wanted to get an idea of what most other conjures did. Personally I annoint them once and sometimes roll them in powders and then just stick with that, though if I feel I want more of a kick, I might annoint the candle everytime I work with it.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 am

I do it properly when I start them...then just a little bit every day i light it up..it seems incomplete to me if i dont.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 am

Just because you annoint it everyday doesnt make it more effective. I mean more products does not equal more effective or more faster. It does make the candle burn more faster as the oil catches fire.And then people read that as "omg my gosh my candle burned really fast...that means Im going to get fast resutls" Not the case because you have poured more oil on to. I just put a few drops on my candles, and then stroke the candle from base to wick or wick to base 7 or 9 times depending upon my objective. I think its just a waste of oils to annoint it everyday.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Hello all,

Im new to candle burning. Last week I tried to petition St. Expedite but it didnt seem to work (at least yet), I am planning to burn a candle for him this Wed again.

I was curious was it there something I did wrong in ritual. Am I suppose to pray over candle all the time while its burning or should I say a prayer once, lit a candle and do what? Am I suppose to be in praying mood or can I watch tv or read a book while its burning?

Also, what prayer do I have to say over a candle when I sniff it out or light? I know I need to say a prayer of the saint who I petition, but what is the general prayer you say to a candle?

Thank you in advance!!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:44 am

There is no one general prayer for all candles. It depends what it is for. Now you can say a command...which could be a simple phrase. Or you can write an actual petition. Some rituals are better with psalms or novenas like for saints.

As for the "mood" depends what the candle is for. If it is for a love then you need to be feeling that way,or something to that effect. IF you are doing some hexing or break up work...then feel angry. Channelling the right emotion will help with the work.

For St Expedite....say his prayer, and your request...When he grants it...then make sure you pay him. As for while the candle is burniing AFTER you say the prayer...you can go about your business. No there is not a prayer you should say while you snuff it out.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Thank you starinthesky,

this was very helpful!

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:37 pm

im wondering what the best way to annoit a novena candle would be? just the top? and do i repeat the annoiting every time i light it? :roll:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:20 pm

There's many different ways that you can do it. It comes down to personal preference. There is no "best way".

Many people will melt a hole down into the candle top and then load that hole with herbs and oils. I like to put a small petition paper in there, too.

You can also carve your symbols/names/etc around the wick of the candle, and then rub a few drops of oil around and around the top of the candle while you pray over it intensely for a few minutes. You can also sprinkle some herbs on top of that before lighting.

Miss Cat teaches to knock your fixed candle 3 times on the table-top to "seal" it when you are done and before lighting it. I do this as well.

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Thank you! I was a little confused, i didnt carve the names, but i did annoit on top around the wick and prayed over it.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:56 pm

If you're using a petition paper underneath the candle, then carving the name into it isn't as important. It's just making sure the candle is well linked to the intended target.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 pm

I read about 'knocking' a candle and its purpose was to seal the candle...although I have not used this method yet... In response to your question josdos, another method is to use your index finger in a counter clockwise motion (for drawing spellwork) mix the oils, herbs, incense etc from the candles' outer edge to the wick...if repelling, clockwise from the wick to the edge...while focusing on my intent.

I have also read where some people baptize the candle in a person's name.

So as Devi stated candle dressing is personal preference.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am

This isn't so much a hoodoo trick as it is a suggestion on how to burn candles outdoors.

I reached a point where I needed to stop burning candles inside my house due to worsening allergies, so I improvised using a NEW cat litter box (with the snap-on cover, of course) for positive work, and an OLD litter box for break up spells, etc. The boxes are set on concrete away from the grass and anything that could catch on fire.

It gets a bit windy here, so the covered box protects the flame, but I'll remove the box cover on calm evenings. Make sure you buy the BIG litter boxes, since I think the heat from the candle flames might warp or melt the top part of a smaller box lid.

You can line the box with a few inches of sand if you're worried about the candles tipping.

I still keep an altar inside the house for jars and rootwork, but most candle and incense work takes place outside, in one of the boxes.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 am

lining the lid with some foil might also protect the box from warping or damage from heat.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:47 pm

if you have a garage you can burn candles in there. place em on a pan in the center on a table. if there is not a lot of stuff around it should be a safe burning place.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:57 pm

iv read clockwise to draw and counter to remove thats how i always dressed my candles.. but I must say its confusing every book, or convo you have their is a different method and reason for the method lol.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mother Mystic » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:25 am

I've been able to trim the wick on a burning candle using a wick trimmer. As long as you don't trim below the flame, you should be able to trim the ball and retrieve it from the wax with a pair of tweezers.
Mother Mystic - Psychic Tarot Reader, Spiritual Worker, Minister

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Personally, I only trim candles that I burn over a period of daying while snuffing them out and relighting them. If the wick gets big, then I trim. For candles that I burn straight through I don't trim. I feel that part of the divination can be seen in the wick itself. Some times I get the effect you discussed while other times it burns without the wick getting out of control. I think that's just me. Usually when I light a candle like that I light and then leave it be as I go about other business. I don't know, maybe other people trim their wicks with such short candles.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Happy New Year!

So I understand that there is no "correct" way of anointing free-standing candles, yet I still would like input from others in the LM forum. Does anyone write their intentions and/or names with a nail on the candles for honey jars? From base to wick or top to bottom?

I usually burn 7-day glass candles, but have switched to free-standing candles within the last few months. I was taught to anoint from bottom to wick for positive/drawing work, and anoint from wick to bottom for negative/break up work. However, I'm not seeing any type of manifestation in several disparate endeavors and wondered if it could be attributed to the way I've been prepping my candles.

jujugirl

Unread post by jujugirl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 am

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a few candle buring books from LM. It has quite confused me :lol: According to the Master book of Candle Buring by Henri Gamache, he does not mention a specific ritual for dressing and blessing a candle to remove the negative influences. The book The Magic Candle by Charmaine Dey goes into detail on these subjects.

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thank you and blessings in advance :D

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:44 am

1. Cleanse the candle ( you can do this with florida water, holy water,and/or ammonia) I usually stroke this down from wick to base in an odd number of times such as 3 5 7 or 9. If you are using a glass encased candle aka a vigil candle, put the previously mentioned cleansing wash, and you may even have to use a clean white towel to get out any dust or what not. The purpose of this is to cleanse the candle from any previous energies negative or that are not yours. In addition, this is to cleanse actual dirt on the candle.

2. Get a push pin/nail and write the person's name on one side of the candle, and the intention on another side. For waxing moon/positive works (love, money, drawing work, protecting work) you are going to write the persons name from base to wick. And then the command such as "draw money to me" from base to wick on another side of the candle. For waning moon/negative work (cursing, cleansing, banishing work) you are going to write the person's name from wick to base. And then the command such as " Remove the obstacles" for example on another side of the candle. If you are using a figure candle you can do it the same way. If you are using a knob candle. you would write on each knob, obviously you do not have a choice in writing it from base to wick or wick to base. For glass encased candles you can write directly on to the candle glass in the same fashion. I know some people who do not do this.

3. I usually put the oil on my candles first because it helps the herbs, and powders stick to the candle better. I put the oil in my hand, and then stroke upwards from base to wick or wick to base depending up if I am doing positive or negative work (see above). Set that to the side, and then prepare your herbal or curio mix if you decide to use some. If the herbs are bigger, then you may have to grind them up into powder. Once I have figured out what powders/herbs I am going to use. I roll my candle in the mixture so that it covers the entire candle. However you want to do this is up to you.You can use a spoon and dust the candle that way as well. If you are using a glass encased candle, then put the mixture inside. Be careful not to you use TOO much oil and herbs. It can case the candle not to burn right, and can cause it to burn sooty. To help this you can poke holes in the wax, use an odd number if you want such as 3, 5, 7, or 9, and put a few drops of each oil in the holes along with the herbal mixture. Or you can lightly dust the top of the candle wax with the herbal mixture.

Remember you do not need to put in the entire bottle of oil, or package of herbs or powder. You only need a little.

Then you would go on to prepare your name paper/photo or personal item/or petition, and place it under the candle. If you choose you can light your incense. From here you can recite, the prayer, petition, command or speak what you want to happen.

Alright hopefully I explained that good enough. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

I have followed the same procedure with appropriate results. To add a note...you can also draw astrological symbols in (jar) or on (astral) candles or crave $ signs when drawing money, heart signs when drawing love or the appropriate planetary symbol. Sometimes I baptize the candle in the name of the person, sometimes I include a personal concern such as hair/nails/piece of cloth... These are just a few additional thoughts.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

The reason there is a discrepancy between the books is because there is no one way to clean and dress candles. Different practitioners use different methods. So read a few books, hear what a few practitioners have to say, and then start experimenting with the different styles, starting with methods that seemed to "click" for you the first time you read about them.

Stars method is very common. Jwmcclin also brings up common points. So just see what appeals to you and start practicing.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 am

JW's method is great too. I like to use symbols, and a friend of mine actually likes to use colored glue pins, or glue glitter on the outside of her glass candles to draw her symbols. Or she just uses a sharpie.

True, like Devi said. I just use this method because its worked for me. Not to mention its the simpliest that I have encountered..

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 am

Thank you, Star! This was really helpful. I had a question which you answered in #2, exactly when to write up or down. I make notes when I find useful info, and in my previous notes it stated the opposite, meaning another person said to draw things to write them on a candle from wick to base!!! I would always write horizontally, but recently it didnt fit, so I followed the wrong advice.. but something felt wrong, I did have doubts about it. Now I know I was right! Thanks again!
starsinthesky7 wrote:2. Get a push pin/nail and write the person's name on one side of the candle, and the intention on another side. For waxing moon/positive works (love, money, drawing work, protecting work) you are going to write the persons name from base to wick. And then the command such as "draw money to me" from base to wick on another side of the candle. For waning moon/negative work (cursing, cleansing, banishing work) you are going to write the person's name from wick to base.

Alright hopefully I explained that good enough. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:23 am

There isn't really one way to anoint. Its a matter of personal preference while sticking withing the general principles of conjure. Some people anoint from wick to base for drawing and from base to wick for banishing/break up/control etc. Other's do the reverse. Some people say to point the candle towards you (either wick or base) if you are drawing to yourself, and to point the candle away so you are drawing away from you. Other say that you need to start in the middle and need to anoint going outwards, first from middle to wick, then from middle to base.

Ultimately, its up to you. Study what work you plan on doing, go through the motions in your head, play them out in real life and see what feels right, what flows properly and you'll know then what to use.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 pm

ConjureMan wrote:Ultimately, its up to you. Study what work you plan on doing, go through the motions in your head, play them out in real life and see what feels right, what flows properly and you'll know then what to use.
True! 1 candle is easier to figure out. Im planning on doing moving candle spell with 4 candles, thats gonna be more difficult. I will follow your advice, ConjureMan. Thank you!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”