Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Angelina2

Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread post by Angelina2 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:01 am

Thank you much :-)

Trickster

Unread post by Trickster » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm

justv wrote:I have read that it is important to cleanse your candles before use in rituals. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good way to do this. I wipe them down lightly with Florida Water but sometimes notice it causes the candle to pop when I first light it, I know it is very flammable. I appreciate any advice, Thank you all! :D

V
Just adding my 2 cents....I was taught to use Florida Water.

Use whatever method youfeel comfortable with.

Trickster

Unread post by Trickster » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:16 pm

sangamo1 wrote:Does it matter if i leave the lights on or off when I do the [Reconciliation] spell?
LOL...Good Question!

This is what I do (Just my thing, do what you feel comfortable with):

Parts with lights on: setting up the space, cleansing candles and equipment, gathering the needed supplies, etc...

Parts with lighs off: dressing and setting lights, lighting incense, and spoken spells

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:13 am

Because there is a lot of emphasis on foot track magic in Hoodoo, when I load my figural candles I load them at their base or at the feet. Even if its hair, unless I am working a specific spell, like Crown of Success which designates the head, then I use the feet as my target.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 am

As Bri pointed out, placing personal concerns inside a candle is called "loading" the candle, and because of the emphasis in contact through the feet -- and bcause the bases of figural candles tend to be broader and sturdier than the tops -- it is tradtional to load the candle from below. However, it is quite feasible to load glass-encased vigil lights from above (on the side) and to do special forms of loading with special candles and the appropriate personal concerns. For instance, when loading a Vulva candle like these --

http://www.luckymojo.com/vulvacandle.html

-- it is standard pactice to place the item in the slit in the candle, and not at the bottom. Likewise, some people want to place public hairs on the appropriate bodily region of an Eve candle like this --

http://www.luckymojo.com/evecandle.html

-- and to do so, they need a way to stick the hairs in place.

Well, over the years a tradition has grown up around this, and what it is, and the way i was taught it, is that you secure small items to a candle with cheese wax.

Cheese wax, also known as cheese rind wax, is soft wax that comes around blocks of cheese. It can be warmed in the hands and formed into balls or "pills" around small objects, which are then adhered to the candle. It can also be flattened into little pancake-shaped disks and applied over personal items, which are then adhered to the candle.

Now, because i just know from experience that someone is going to ask me where they can get cheese wax, i will explain: it comes on cheeses that are coated with wax! You peel the wax off the cheese, eat the cheese (or use it as dog training treats -- whatever!) and save the wax. Okay?

BUT ... because so many folks ask me about cheese wax, i think i will soon be carrying it in the shop. I mean, why not? We aim to please.

For now, if you have no cheese wax and are placing an order with us, ask for "Cat's Free Cheese Wax Special" and i will see that you get some! If you order online, place your request for cheese wax in the "Message Area" on your order; it does not yet have an order (SKU) number.

I eat a lot of cheese, and i have always saved my cheese wax, so i expct i have enough cheese wax around here to fill at least 20 requests -- and if more than that come in, well, i'll just go buy some more cheese!

:-)

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Thank you Bri and Catherine--- Cheese wax-I never thought about that-great idea! Thanks again.

CowboyInTheBoatOfRa

Unread post by CowboyInTheBoatOfRa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:34 pm

In her book, The Magic Candle, Charmaine Dey states:
Matches on an Altar are Taboo. The reason for this, is they are tipped with phosphorous and sulphur (Brimstone)--elements which release noxious fumes when ignited, and are used in the Black Arts to invoke demonic entities. Striking matches to light candles which have been blessed and charged would therefore seem futile (34).
Is this consistent with Hoodoo tradition or is this a Wiccan perspective?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Pretty sure that's the authors perspective. I have never once heard of a taboo in any work against matches. What does she use a flint and steel? I use a Zippo lighter, and matches when that's out of fuel/needs a new flint. Use what you feel like but ask yourself this, how have people been lighting candles all this time?
HRCC Student #1559

CowboyInTheBoatOfRa

Unread post by CowboyInTheBoatOfRa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks, Hail Discordia. Dey describes two ways of lighting candles without matches. One is using a butane lighter to light a candle in another room and then using this candle to light the candles on your altar. The other approach is called, "Drawing Down the Sun," and involves using a magnifying glass to focus the rays of the sun and ignite the wick this way. Both of these seemed elaborate and unnecessary to me, so I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has no problem with matches.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm

The phrase "Drawing Down the Sun" would certainly indicate that Charmaine Dey had some Wiccan leanings.
catherine yronwode

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:58 am

Hi all,

I have readthe Lucky Mojo page about ritual candle dressing and read that when annointing a candle, You would annoint "up" to draw something to you ; and to repel something you would annoint the candle downward. I used to think that If I wanted to draw something to me, I would annoint the candle from wick to base as to "bring it to me" and then to repel something, annoint from the base to the wick as to "send it away"-I have read there is no right of wrong way, but many of the older teachings are as Lucky Mojo's site states.
I just want to do it the best way it should be done-Can someone help?
Thanks.

Amanda

Unread post by Amanda » Fri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm

When I anoint my candles - I always anoint from base to wick to draw something to me and wick to base to remove something to me. It just makes sense to me to bring something to me to go upward, and dispel something from me - to go downward. I do this with bathing rituals too. I'm sure some people do it differently or have different traditions they were taught.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Their isn't really a right or wrong way. Do what feels right for you. I personally go from base to wick to draw and wick to base to take off things,that's the way I was taught and its what feels right to me. Try different ways of doing it and decide which one(s) work best for you.

Good Luck.
HRCC Student #1559

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun May 03, 2009 8:34 am

I do the same as Amanda and HailDiscordia re: base to wick=drawing. I think the other part of the equation that has not been mentioned here is where you are pointing the candle as you dress it. Since I personally point the wick at my solar plexus, (not on purpose, just a general description of direction and height) base to wick IS a drawing/toward oneself motion. If the wick were pointed the other direction, then it would be the opposite.
HRCC Student #1339

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:12 am

Thank you all; J Simulcik-now I understand more clearly how base to wick is "drawing"-Thanks for the clarification! :-)

thmpsn2

Unread post by thmpsn2 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Hello,
I really like your website and I appreciate the advice. You were right! I have been looking for a website like yours for some time now. I know that it was meant for me to find lucky mojo.com thank you. I am curious about the break up spell. Do you have to use the devil candles or can you use regular candles? I know that you're susposed to get nail clippings, hair and /or other objects from the person that you're working on but, what if you can't. Can you just write down their name? If you do not know the name of the person that you want your lover, friend or other to be broken up from what do you do?

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm aware that trimming wicks = good, as it makes for cleaner burning, longer burning candles (which is particularly good if you're doing a job you want to work over a number of days.) My question concerns trimming wicks in 7-day candles. I rarely do it because more often than not if I trim the wick of a burning candle I accidentally extinguish it, d'oh!

Does anyone here trim the wicks in any kind of candle they're doing a continuous burn on? Is there a technique to doing it so that you don't accidentally extinguish the flame?

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:15 pm

> ...trimming wicks in 7-day candles. I rarely do it because more often than not if I trim
> the wick of a burning candle I accidentally extinguish it, d'oh!

absolutely, i never trim them while burning. I thought they were always supposed to be trimmed before burning.

> Does anyone here trim the wicks in any kind of candle they're doing a continuous burn on?

I'm not sure why except to prevent unnecessarily blackened burns.

> Is there a technique to doing it so that you don't accidentally extinguish the flame?

overlapping burns and the lighting of candles from the same match? one might use a 4" candle to shift
the flame from candle to candle that way.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm

*nods* I trim wicks before burning, too, but sometimes the wick lengthens again as the burn progresses and I want to trim it again. (I keep wicks trimmed to reduce soot production since I burn them in my bedroom and to keep a smaller, steady flame; when wicks get long, flames can turn very long too and the extra heat seems to pose a much bigger chance of causing the holder to crack or shatter.) ... I like your idea of transferring the flame to something else while wick trimming is done and will definitely incorporate it! Thank you! :)

twodogs

Unread post by twodogs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 am

I use the overlapping method. I also use this method to transfer from 7day light to 7day light. I try to keep one flame constant from a ritual fire to 7day and so on the goal being to bring the same flame from Summer Solstice to use it to light a candle at winter Solstice, bringing the sun.
This is not rootwork though. I think that is a Pennsylvannia family tradition of mine. It might be pow-wow, Mexican, or Scottish folk magik I have no Idea what kind of tradition they took it from.

mysiclady

Unread post by mysiclady » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:15 pm

I would like to know if anyone knows how to baptize a candle for specific spellwork? I would like to know the proper way if possible,because I am getting mixed answers,Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Lol

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:35 am

Well, there is no one proper way to baptize a candle, doll baby, or other item you are using in your Conjure work--these things truly do vary somewhat from worker to worker. There are however mainstays in the act of baptizing an object that you should be hearing about from all of your sources--calling the name that you are baptizing the candle with out-loud, telling the candle (as you would the person that it is standing in for) what you want them to do, where you want them to go, what you are going to be doing with them, etc, etc.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:56 am

I cleanse my candles with florida water, or ammonia to get rid of any intentions that are not my own. Then I charge the candle with my energy like Bri said telling the candle what I want it to do,etc.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm

1. How do we burn figural candles for 7 days? Do we burn it on a steel tray or just plain silver foil placed on the veg cutter board(plastic). Basically just want to know on what surface do we burn them since they cannot be placed in a candle holder else the wax flow divination will not be possible.

2. What if the wax melts and we put off the candle after burning for 15 mins? The wax solidifies and forms a blockage which if I had burnt at one go may have melted and the wax from both candles may have merged. So is it ok to take away the solid wax away (though i feel its like maniuplating the wax flow :( ) confused...

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:48 pm

1) When I burn figurals I burn them in something metal with edges - such as a pan - that will keep the wax from running away too far. I guess you could line the pan with foil if it's one you use for cooking, to protect it. Don't burn a figural on a plastic board - the heat of the candle will melt or damage it through the thin layer of tinfoil. I always let my figurals burn out completely, and if you do that too you will definitely cause damage to any plastic underneath. (Edit to add: If you burn your candles in a pan/cookie sheet, you still need to be careful of the surface underneath that. A cookie sheet provides no thermal insulation and I would be concerned about any, say, furniture underneath having its finish marred or worse.)

2) Some people deliberately manipulate the wax flow of candles to help the magic along. They will cause the wax to dribble, embracing their petition paper, etc. If you don't want to do this, you don't have to; I don't, myself. When I burn candles in segments I always just pick back up where I was, and the state of the wax is what it is.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:49 pm

I think you are making this more than what it is :p First off, burn the candles on any surfaces that will not burn, or on a surface that you do not want stained. I burn them on like a cookie tray lined with foil. It is just easier for clean up. I think you are putting too much emphasis on the wax divination. Like I have said before, you shouldnt have to look for signs. If they form they form, and it should be something that just comes.

If the candle wax merges it merges. It probably will considering you have it on a common surface. I just think you are making this harder than what it is. The purpose of burning candles over a series of days is like repeating the spell for 7 days. Therefore you are spending more time, and essentially more effort into the spell over 7 days. Where as if you burned it in one day, then it only gives the universe the chance to hear your prayer or petition once.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Thank you! I just didn't know which surface does not catch fire!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 pm

I have been burning candles in a dish of water.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello,

I have finally received my first order from Lucky Mojo, all my oils and sachet powders, which smell soooooooo NICE ;-) Everything was packed so neatly, luved it!

Now my question is, after dressing your candle with the oils, herbs and powders, I burn my candle for lets say 15 mins. I really focus on my target coming towards me (love candle) or even read the King Solomon prayer, with my target's pic and my pic under the candle, along with a petition paper and the target's handwriting. When I burn the candle another day, do I have to re-dress the candle again? Or can I just start burning it with the pics, petition paper and the target's signature underneath?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 pm

No you don't have to keep redressing the candle, and yes you can burn it with the materials under the candle.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:03 pm

ok thanks! That is good to know, cause it would be a bit hard dressing the candle all the time ;-)

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:40 am

I use a clear glass pyrex plate. Sometimes i cover with foil, sometimes not. Usually not if I have petition paper, as I like to place that under the plate and not have the foil "blocking" it. For a figural, I'll set the plate on top of a trivet if I'm concerned about heat. Once, in a pinch, I put it on a foil lined tray and set the tray on my stove top. Not ideal, as it wasn't my altar, but it did not adversely affect the spell.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:03 am

Thank you everyone for so many suggestions!!!

Dumbledork

Unread post by Dumbledork » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 am

Hi starsinthesky,

I use what I call water of blessing to baptize anything with a spiritual use. Water of Blessing is water I collect when it rains, it is literally water from heaven...raining God's blessings and power down on me. I just stick a glass bowl out in a clear spot when it looks sort of rainish. Also if it comes from a storm with lightning then the water is charged and is, I think at least, especeially potent. Remember to boil it if you plan on keeping it for a while.

I usually say what I always heard when someone got baptized, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". Then I'll say Psalm 23 or, if its a candle or tool for a specific ritual, I'll say a psalm that's tied to the purpose (Ex. Psalm 27 for money and abundance). You can try it if you like, it always works for me.

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I do pretty much the same thing.

I wash a candle physically with soap and water if it's dusty/dirty at all. Then I spray it down with Florida Water, and wipe it down with a clean cloth or paper towel in a downwards direction to take off any unwanted energy on it; this cleans it spiritually. At this point I do any and all name/carving, loading of the candle, flipping or what-have-you as appropriate to the situation the candle's being used for.

Then the candle is dressed with the appropriate condition oil (if I don't have the right one to hand I use regular olive oil.) I smear the oil from top to bottom if the intent is to get rid of something, and from bottom to top if the intent is to attract it. If the candle is a 7-day glass enclosed one, I have this BIG nail I use to poke a deep hole in the wax. (If you do this, keep a pair of pliers onhand because sometimes the nail can be difficult to extract with just your fingernails.) Using an eyedropper, which I've found to be easily the most expedient way to fill the hole, I fill it ith the condition oil. Note that I usually do only -one- hole, since condition oil doesn't seem to burn too well and it makes the flame of the candle burn very small, though I have done candles with as many as three holes filled with condition oil before. The oil is also then rubbed around the top of the candle in a clockwise direction for drawing something in and counterclockwise for banishing/getting rid of something.

Then the candle is held and prayed over out loud; my prayers are always extemperaneous. I have no doubt that formulaic prayers do work for some people, but they don't have any soul to me and I don't get nearly the same results as when I'm praying words straight from the heart. As Bri said, naming the candle and telling it who it represents and what it's for are important - you name a candle for a person if it's a figural candle, for example, though I've named 7-day glass enclosed astrological candles for the people whose signs they are before, too. -Pour your heart into it.- Put all that energy into that candle, and when you can't muster up any more power, you may 'seal' the candle. I tap it once on something; other people have other methods. I think I've heard about striking it gently three times somewhere. Tapping is my preference. Then you're set to light it.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Oh another question that i had was, does it matter if my photo is on top of his, so my face is on his face, when burning the candle? Or does the candle only have to be on his face, and my pic doesnt have to be included?

Thanks

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes you can have them face to face in this case because its a love spell.

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 pm

I've heard so many different ways to inscribe candles when using them. Ex: some people say inscribe the persons names 3 times, some say 7 some say 13 (which i think is a lot)..then writing your name on top of theirs (for love spells or to dominate), then Ive heard turn it 90 degrees then write your name, like tic tac toe grid. Ive also heard on breakup candles to write one persons name then write the other persons name on top of theirs but upside down..and then "breakup" or whatever you want to happen on top of that...what is the best way when inscribing candles? Or is just once simple inscribe of a name enough? :?:

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Most of the ways you're describing sound, like me, the writing of a name on a name paper - particularly writing the names crisscrossed, which would be quite difficult on some candles (especially the 4" ones.) It would also be difficult to inscribe a name, another name, and then a command atop that in wax, but that doesn't mean you can't do it - it's just that I have only ever heard of petition and name papers done that way.

Me, I always inscribe a name in full one time, and I stretch it out so that it covers the whole side of the candle from top to base, and when I dress the candle in condition oil I make sure to cover the name I've inscribed, rubbing it in well. Candles work effectively for me with this one-time inscribe, but if you feel pulled to do more, go for it. Note that I have never done breakup work, but if I were to do it I would inscribe one name as per usual and then on the opposite side of the candle write the other with the idea of this working like a divorce candle - as the flame burns between them, it severs the names. I know there are people who write one name forwards/the other backwards in mirror writing , too, all in one line.

roquelaure

Unread post by roquelaure » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 pm

i found a few broken 12" tapers stashed away in a box. would it be okay to cut them down to 6" and use them? spiritual side of me says no, practical side is saying why not lol.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 pm

I did that and it worked just fine. It would be different if you used the candle the way that it was, but I cut mine at the crack and it was fine.

roquelaure

Unread post by roquelaure » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:17 pm

so... tonight i dressed and burned one of the cracked candles- i ended up only needing to cut through the wick at the break and not through the actual candle itself, which made me feel a little better for some reason, haha. anyway, i zoned out a bit watching it, and when i refocused the flame was HUGE. definitely as long as the remainders of the candle, if not a little longer- it was a good six inches to about five-ish of candle. i actually had a moment of panic and looked around for the closest glass of water, lol.

i've never experienced anything like that before, and yet again the "practical" side of me is taking over: how much does the age or physical alteration (like cutting a broken one down) of a candle effects its burning? i've only ever used relatively fresh ones. i didn't use anything (oil, powder, etc) that i hadn't used before, and the conditions in the room (air flow, temp etc) were the same. the only difference was the age (it's probably four or five years old) and the fact that I cut it. before i go jumping to any conclusions of the meaning, Logic Girl has to have her practicalily suspicions validated (or invalidated, as the case may be) :)

ps: i've searched the forums and didn't see this addressed anywhere before, but i could very well have missed something, so forgive me if it has been covered before. and as usual- thanks in advance!

Naedys

Unread post by Naedys » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 pm

With thick candles I usually inscribe the top, across the wick, and then my intention going through it, like a wee cross... On smaller candles I use the same method as Silverpony, inscribing the name on one side and then my intention on the other... Then I will dress and fix my candles accordingly...

There are two ways I know of doing a breakup spell...

First... Having a double figure candle (back to back figures) with the wick going through the middle of either figure, so as the wick burns it 'breaks them apart'...

Or secondly you can use two candles... One for each person, inscribing their names on the one that represents each of them...

I would first prepare them in a way that you melt each side and merge them together, so they are one candle... Burn both wicks, until you have about an inch left... I would then break apart the two candles and bury the pieces separately...

Tishee

Unread post by Tishee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 pm

I write the person's name going across the middle of the candle and then my name on top of theirs going from top to the bottom forming a cross.

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:54 pm

can someone please tell me why do some people put glitter in their glass encased spell candles?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Because glitter can be symbolically colour coded to accord with magical intentions, because glitter is shiny and sparkly and radiates its light, because their mother ot auntie taught them to dress candles that way, because they saw it done that way when they had candles dressed at an occult shop a long time ago, because they read about dressing candles that way in a book and tried it and liked it, because figural candles painted and decorated with glitter were all the rage from the 1930s onward, etc.
catherine yronwode

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 pm

does glitter being stuck around a vigil candle also contribute to divination? Eg: If herbs are stuck then it's kind of an obstacle. What if glitter is stuck?

keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 pm

I admit to being a novice at best on this one, but my thinking here is kind of practical, especially if your candle was dressed at LM and then shipped to you. Some of the oil will be around the top of your jar, and a bit of herb and glitter will stick to it- I personally don't consider this to be a sign of any sort, just like I don't really worry about a *tiny* bit of wax left around the bottom edges of a jar candle, as the vigil jars themselves are ever so slightly convex at the bottom- so if the wax level to the wick's placement at the jar bottom is gone, I call it good. But that's me. Keep in mind I'm only talking about a little bit in both cases though. That being said, if you're unsure, it's always ok to have a look at the situation through divination so you don't obsess over whether it's a sign or not and thereby kill your spell.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:42 am

Everyone recommends divination - does that mean we need to go to an AIRR reader after the spell and ask them how it went? Coz I don't know how to do divination.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 am

Although some people are more gifted at divination than others (just as with any other skill) anyone can learn to do simple divination. Think of it this way: not everyone will be a great chef, but most of us can manage to cook a decent meal if we put our minds to it. The trick is to find the method that suits you. Tarot cards, oracle cards, or playing cards are used by many and there are many to choose from. Most decks come with instructions for use. I have been using bibliomancy with good results, by reading both the Bible and other spiritual books.

It can be difficult to do readings for yourself because you may be too close to the situation to see the whole picture. I suggest finding a reader or spiritual advisor in your community that you feel you can trust and who isn't trying to rip you off.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 am

Oh I hadn't thought of tarot for that. I thought we need to send pictures to the candle remains for divination. Thanks!

hangedman

Unread post by hangedman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:06 pm

After I dress my candles with the appropriate oil, is it OK to also roll them in the corresponding sachet powder? Or, should I just use the sachet as it was intended? Thanks.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 pm

That's perfectly fine.
HRCC Student #1559

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:26 am

I used to burn 4" altar candles on my honey jar only with reconciliation oil. It used to burn 2 hrs clean burn not a single drop of wax left. Then my LM order arrived. I dressed the candle in 6 oils rolled in sachet powders. result: candle started melting most of the wax melted on the jar and the wax got melted in 1.5 hour however the flame burnt for 2 hrs.

Now from this exp i feel that maybe i added too many oils which resulted in this.

So my question is do we just anoint with lil oil on one side of the candle and add just one line of herbs and not roll it completely?

I know in two days situation wouldnt have changed for tears to flow all over if i consider from divnation perpsective.

Can some experienced ppl pls advise.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 am

I just add a 2 or 3 drops on the candle. If it is a free standing candle I will put a few drops of each oil in my hand and rub up or down the candle depending on the objective. I really do not like to drench my candles with oil because it can start a blaze. I roll my free standing candles completely in herbs, and oil, and powders. I do not just put them on one side. If it is a vigil candle I poke holes in the candle,and insert a 2 or 3 drops of each oil. If you feel like you can't do this, you can get a dropper like those medicine drops. Some place they call them pipettes. Really easy to use.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks Stars That was really helpful!!

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello,

If I have designated one candle, which I have dressed with love oils and powders for one person, can I use that candle and burn it on someone else's photo?

Thanks

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:24 pm

I would say no. You dressed and named it for someone else.
HRCC Student #1559

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks HailDiscordia, but if I dont have any new candles at the moment (have to place an order) can i just dress a photo with the oils/powders, till my order comes?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Sure, but you can burn little birthday cake candle if that all you got.
HRCC Student #1559

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”