Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Chinese Wash Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
Joann Lee
HRCC Student
Re: Chinese Wash Questions and Answers

Unread post by Joann Lee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am

My saints require Chinese wash. They even want their utensils washed with it. I hope LM doesn't stop making it.
HRCC Student #1730

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:51 am

We will never stop making it!

WAT-CHI-GL04
Chinese Wash, 4 oz.
$5.25

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

babygirl

Unread post by babygirl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Ok, so Do I need to do the whole house in one day? If I do the top floor one day and dispose of the water, and make a new bucket of water the next day and do the first floor is that ok? I have a very large house, and it's not at all easy to get the whole thing done in one day. Thanks!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 am

babygirl --

You can work over the course of several days. We do so here at our shop, every year.

huntbryan5 --

You ask, "If you do not do the bathtub PERFECT IN EVERY WAY does that mean it can jeopardize on you in a bad way? Like improving bad elements in your life?"

Your question is extensively addressed in the "Backfire" thread, which is filled with the anxieties of a mingled horde of inexperienced newbies and people with obsessive compulsive disorder -- interspersed with repeated attempts by a variety of Forum moderators to bring a sense of confidence and courage to those who probably should not be performing folk magic at all, due to their mental paradigms of fear and failure:

Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?
can-spells-back-fire,-blow-back,-revers ... --t40.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Newatthis

Unread post by Newatthis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 am

I just finished the Uncrossing Spell and I wanted to know how much of the Chinese wash do you put in the bucket of water? Do you put the whole bottle in or a cap-full?

Newatthis

Unread post by Newatthis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 am

Pappa Newt if you're supposed to throw the wash toward the west at a cross roads when banishing negativity, then why does it say on the directions for the uncrossing spell to dump the floor wash outside in front of your door step? and on the website it says facing east It also says to take a basin of water after you bathe and dump it facing east at the cross roads on the directions, so I'm a little confused as to when you are supposed to dump something facing east or west.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Stacey,

you only put a capful of chinese wash in the bucket.

when it comes to where to throw the water, there are a number of ways to go about a cleansing and depending on where you're from and how you've been taught to work, either east or west facing water disposal are used, usually at sunrise. Both are fine, which one you choose is up to you. Some use east for drawing work and west for banishing work; some use east all the time.

If you are using an LM spell kit, then follow the instructions in the kit. The methods given are those that have worked for many others before you and you can have peace of mind that they've been put there for a reason.

Pages you might want to read include: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html#floorwashes, http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html and http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Newatthis

Unread post by Newatthis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks Aura for clearing that up for me, for a while there, I didn't know whether or not to go by what the directions said.

taramaria

Unread post by taramaria » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:26 am

I have been using Chinese Floor wash for years, and would not be without it. Every Month . I do a Spiritual cleansing on my home. My home is so happy & loving after. There was a question here, already addressed, which Miss Cat answered, that you can do the cleansing over several days. My question is a little different, and I think I know the answer but......I already did a thorough cleansing two weeks ago. So, I don't want another. But I have a Tarot reading room here, and I am thoroughly cleaning it all out today, paper work, cards, etc. Can I just do this room. I mean can you do touch up one room? I just did a cleansing two weeks ago, and will do another in two weeks.

Love,
Tara

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Tara,

a more experienced worker will no doubt have more thorough and detailed information, but personally I do ''touch up'' cleanings when I've been doing client work or cleaning out closet/drawer space that's been untouched for a while. Room sprays made from bath crystals or using a very small amount of Chinese Wash are excellent for punctual clearing between clients or for ''in-betweening''.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 pm

How often people cleanse is up to them. Its no different than "regular" cleansing. Remember that spiritual cleansing in conjure is tied to physical cleansing. Some people will cleanse regularly and other people will let dirt gather before they cleanse again. The point is that you should cleanse regularly, what that means is up to you and what your situation is.

For a person who works with clients cleansing is a really important detail.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Teena1030

Unread post by Teena1030 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi there, I just scrubbed my house from top to bottom with Chinese Wash and when I was done I got rid of my mop when I tossed my water . Do I have to get rid of my mop everytime?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 pm

No. You can keep your mop and use it again. I would throw the mop away only if I was moving into a new residence and it was the first wash. Others may differ.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

kristilove
HRCC Student

Unread post by kristilove » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:34 pm

I did my uncrossing bath followed by cleansing my home with chinese wash on the 7th day. I did throw part of my uncrossing bath at a crossroad. Now the instructions on the uncrossing spell kit says, to dispose the remaining used chinese water in the front of your home which I did. Just reading the forum that it should have been thrown at a crossroad otherwise, if thrown in front yard the bad stuff still didn't go far away. I scrubbed my home for 12 hrs. straight and my back is still hurting just to find out I need to dump it at a crossroad? Why would the instruction say dump it in front of your property? Now I'm thinking all that hard work went to nothing? Holy Cow!!!! Do I need to re-do my chinese wash again?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 pm

If the spellkit says to throw it away in front of your house than do so. On occasion, is there is a hard case of someone being crossed up the individual practitioner may take the Chinese Wash water to a crossroads to dispose of it. Since you are doing this spell from the Lucky Mojo Spell Kit then you need to follow those instructions as they are specific to that very spell.

I will say that I always follow the instructions and throw out the Chinese Wash house water into the street in front of my home. I get it out of there. Since I worked with diligence and intent, the symbolic tossing out of the water away from the front of my house works very well for me and I find no need to additionally add the crossroads to it. I am not saying that there is no case in which I would do so, but stating, to calm your worried mind, that I have done what you did and it was fine.

Second guessing has been know to throw a spell or work askew. Try to stay confident in the work you have done.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

GoodLuckNatalie

Unread post by GoodLuckNatalie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:27 pm

I've heard throwing it into the front yard is akin to the idea of cleaining your house from back to front - that the back yard is the private area and the front is where people come and go - so throwing the water out into the front yard would kinda be asking it to go.

My question about chinese wash is weird. I have some but I lost my sense of smell a few years ago. What does it smell like and how strongly does it smell?
*Pisces Sun, Sag Moon, Gem Rising*
fan of show, CSL member, happy customer, hopeful future student

kristilove
HRCC Student

Unread post by kristilove » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for the info. Now I feel a lot better.. whew!!! Although I am still in pain for scrubbing my whole house for 12 hours, I can feel the energy in my home became lighter and at peace. I do have a good story to tell before and after cleaning but I guess this goes to the customer's testimonial thread...so check it later.

queen2be
HRCC Student

Re: Lucky Mojo Chinese Wash Testimonials

Unread post by queen2be » Tue May 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I just received my first order of LM Chinese Wash and wow! I was expecting company and I knew he would sleep in the room where I normally do work. I cleared off the altar, wrapped everything in cloths and put it away for the evening. Then I washed the place with Chinese Wash and spread Peace Water in the corners. When my guest came out of there this morning he said, "that was the most restful night's sleep I've had in forever." And tonight, sitting in that same room, it's true. It has a different feel. Tomorrow morning I'm doing the rest of the house!

If you can only buy a few products, make this one of them!!

Thank you Lucky Mojo!

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:33 pm

I really love how Chinese Wash smells and cleans. Everything just feels so much lighter in the house! I add it to the laundry (a capful dissolved in a baby jar of water) as well. And I put some into my cat's bath water the other day, he'd been so sick a few months ago I thought it might clean up any residual bad mojo around him. It really perked him up, so I decided to make a spritzer bottle of CW and water and spray his coat with it and then fluff it up to dry. Guess what? It killed a couple of fleas dead in the process! Now I'm not saying to do this as a matter of course, but wow, that was an unexpectedly lucky use of an already great product. Hey, citronella by itself repels mosquitoes..why not other bugs too?
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

Mister Lee

Unread post by Mister Lee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 am

Here's another use for Chinese Wash:

My altar room is an old root cellar with stone walls. This summer, some kind of no-see-em has been biting my ankles while I work (not fleas, because the cat didn't get them). Sweeping and dusting didn't help. I mixed some Chinese Wash with water in a spray bottle and sprayed the walls. Problem solved; I haven't had a bite since.
formerly Terengo
Proud Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1716

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 pm

It's very humorous that I just read this post, Mister Lee, as Miss cat has just written, in another thread, about the success of Van Van Incense against gnats and mosquitos! Great coincidence and good to know about the "other" uses of these items!
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 am

Can i use Chinese Wash fi cleans my car ?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 pm

You sure can. Just remember to dilute!
Joseph Magnuson

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 pm

You sure can. Just remember to dilute!
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:34 am

How many spoon i need to put in a bucket ?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi goldentouch97, just a capful is enough. A little goes a long way with Chinese Wash! It's really wonderful stuff.
Aura Laforest

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 pm

...and I mean really good. As aura said, just a little will go a long way. I use it for cleansing everything. Superb addition to any cleansing work.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks a lots for all the infos.I wanna use it with the firewall of protection oil,i gonna put one capful of chinesse wash and one capfull of firewall of protection oil in a bucket of water.Let me know if i use the good ways for cleanse & protect my home.

Cynthia55

Unread post by Cynthia55 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I am a HUGE fan of Chinese Wash. I have come to rely upon it. I used to think yeah, yeah spiritual cleansing, but have found it is foundational to how I feel in general. Don't allow yourself to minimize its importance like I did. Its essential!

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Golden, I use a combo of a few drops of Chinese Wash, Fiery Wall of Protection Oil, and Florida water diluted in the water tank of a steam mop and a spray bottle to cleanse my house. I use the spray bottle on walls, drapes, fabric furniture, and then I use the steam mop on floors. The whole house always smells AMAZING after I am done. Just be careful with the amount of Florida Water. It has to be very well diluted. I've had full-strength accidentally take the finish off furniture.....but at least I know what to use to strip furniture if I ever need to! *lol*
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 am

I use it the first time with the fiery wall of protection oil,it was very very great,i never try it with the florida water,i gonna try it soon.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm

I am a big fan of the Florida Water/Chinese Wash one-two punch for cleaning and cleansing.
Joseph Magnuson

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi, I am planning to clean my house of negativity with Chinese wash, and I have a question about disposal of the water. I read in this thread and other LM pages that disposal should occur toward the east or west. How do I decide which? West makes sense to me (for "taking away"), but alternatively, the east is kind of poetic since my front door faces east.

If the discard is to occur before sunrise, and if I finish cleaning in late morning or early afternoon, would I then save the wash water to discard the following morning before sunrise?

Should the timing be before sunset if you decide to toss it west?

thanks a lot from catherinejoan
"there are no stupid questions" - challenge accepted!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am

Hi catherinejoan,

as you've read, there are numerous ways of disposing of the wash water and which you use will vary depending on how you were taught, where you're from and what feels right. You can save a bit of wash water and dispose of that before sunrise, throwing it into the East at the rising sun. You can also dispose of the water immediately, to the west, just off the property lines. You can try both on different occasions and see what feels right for you.

Do keep in mind that you want to be washing from back to front and top to bottom and mind the corners, window frames and door frames - those are all crucial spots to get at! Also read through the information here on working with washes if you haven't already: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html#floorwashes

Blessings and happy house-cleaning :)
Aura Laforest

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Aura, thank you so much for replying! That was very helpful to me. :)

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 am

I was wondering, what to do with the corn broom straws that come in the Chinese Wash? Must they be disposed of off one's property once the bottle of wash is used up? Or can I keep them to use in spell requiring broom straws? I'd like to keep them, they're kind of nice - but then it would be fun to throw them in the river maybe . . .
(Apologies if this question appears elsewhere - if I saw it before, I couldn't find it again!)
thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 pm

"Disposed of OFF one's property"? "Throw them in a river"?

That's not how the old directions run. I don't know who gave you those ideas, but neither one is the way i was taught or the way i teach.

The old similar brand of Temple Fragran Floor Wash from the Clover Horn Company had the instructions printed right on the bottle -- "scatter them in your yard." Same is true of Chinese Wash.

Read the Chinese Wash web page at "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." It's right there: "scatter them in your yard":

http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

No, you can't keep them for use in another spell. They done BEEN used. You also don't take them away from the home place. They bring luck to the home place.

Did you read my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on Disposal of Ritual Remains? If not, you ought to. It explains a lot more than just this one issue. The URL is

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Thank you Catherine,

I *thought* I had read somewhere about what to do with the straws. I have read a lot of pages, including the ones you mentioned, but I guess my memory' is not what it used to be - then I have trouble finding the reference again of course.

Sorry to offend with my ridiculous ideas . . . my thinking was that maybe since the Chinese Wash is to remove evil mess, that the remaining straws might be discarded away, not so inconsistent with the disposal of ritual remains page I didn't think. It was just a guess on my part, and no one else gave me the idea.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am

Hey, i was not "offended." I'm sorry you thought that.

I think i understand your confusion perhaps --

It is customary to dump the used scrub water from any kind of house scrub, including Chinese Wash, by carrying it off the property, and tossing it Into the curb gutter, at a crossroads or street intersection, into the road at the end of the driveway, etc., but that is the used scrub water -- not the little broom straws.

The latter are, as noted, scattered in the yard to continue their good work.
catherine yronwode

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am

Okay, I am very happy to know this. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Regular Household Cleansing

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Simpleme,

Chinese Wash is a regular cleaner that is a spiritual wash -- or vice versa, a spiritual wash that is a great regular cleaning product.

WAT-CHI-GL04
Chinese Wash, 4 oz.
$5.25

This a forum about Lucky Mojo oils, incenses, bath crystals, floor washes, and sachet powders, and the herbs, roots, minerals, amulets, books, charms, candles, and divination tools that LuckyMojo.com and Herb-Magic.com sell. The site is supported by Lucky Mojo for the use of our customers.

I suggest that you buy a copy of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" ($14.95) and read the free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice."

Then, if you decide to become a customer of the shop, do come back and we'll set about helping you with ideas on how to use our products to perform a spiritual cleansing of your home, work premises, or self.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

magicmurphy
Chinese Wash! Holy Wow!

Unread post by magicmurphy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Hello Lucky Mojo Folks and Everyone --

I'm MagicMurphy, and I'm new to the community. Discovered you through the recommendation of the Eye of Horus Shop in Minneapolis, MN, who has started carrying Lucky Mojo products.

I'm a fan of the Chinese Wash! You gotta love something that says "wash away that evil mess" on the label -- but I'll tell ya -- it really works. I'm in a transition phase right now, doing a lot of cleansings and clearings to make room for new things, and I've taken many a cleaning advice from great folks, but Chinese Wash is like nothing else I've tried. I've been using it in the bath regularly as part of a spiritual hygiene intensive (got some evil mess to wash away, see) and I really feel changed and clear after using it. It smells really nice, too.

Thanks for such a helpful product! Looking forward to chatting with you all on the forums. -- MagicMurphy

AprilRaine

Re: Chinese Wash! Holy Wow!

Unread post by AprilRaine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm so excited to use that product. I ordered it, revived my order, and then my son knocked it off the cabinet breaking it. I thought I was going to cry! Lol. Reordering!!!

Brooke

Re: Chinese Wash! Holy Wow!

Unread post by Brooke » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm

I often put a small capful of chinese wash in a container of water and wash myself down with it in the shower and always feel clean and refreshed afterwards.

Jenny
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jenny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Chinese wash is wonderful... I'm really impressed. Even my husband is amazed with the change in my energy and my attitude. It washed all that negative energy and stress away in no time. Smells great and cleans great.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Chinese Wash... trusted for decades! Glad to hear of your success with the product, zola!
Joseph Magnuson

Jenny
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jenny » Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 am

Well, I have noticed that if I don't use Chinese Wash in few days , all my nervousness, aggravation and passive-aggresive impatience come right back !!! :roll:
Does this mean I have some jinx or some spell on me ? Or I might be under constant psychic attack ...? I do pick up negative thoughts of other people directed towards me and negative energy. :cry:
As long as I'm cleaning myself and my home I'm at peace , nothing and nobody is bothering me .. but when I skip a day or two ... it's not good.
It's still better than before definitely but I'm worried about this negative energy keep coming back ..
Any thoughts?

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sat May 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi all :) I'm going to be moving at the beginning of next month and, as I am (in this instance unluckily) a sensitive, I've got this thing about not paying rent to live with other people's dead people, negative energies, what Xians call demons, et cetera, so the idea behind me getting the Chinese Wash is to rid myself of that nasty mess from the get-go ("begin as you mean to go on"). However, I have some questions about its use so I can get rid of those messes effectively and keep them gone, such as:

Is there a specific way to use it to spiritually cleanse your home?
Like, do I start from the southwest corner and work my way northeast, such as that. I've never used it before, so I'm kinda sketchy about that detail there.

Given what I described my purpose as, are there other products/spiritual supplies/curios I could order and then use to clean my new home and KEEP it that way? I want (no pun intended) a PEACEFUL home, no non-paying, invisble roomies allowed.

I probably should mention that I'll be living with my beloved man, who's a total mundane (car mechanic by profession) and, even though we've known each other 23+ years, he's not really super comfortable with this side of me, so another question: Any Ideas on how to get him involved with the actual physical cleaning without him getting antsy? And, for those of you whom I know exist and are going to say it, Yes, I am going to tell him exactly what I'm doing. I just want advice on how to explain to my Totally Mundane Catholic boyfriend why I'm doing it and how it won't harm him in any way.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers :)

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat May 18, 2013 5:26 pm

This will not hurt him. See below please.

Here are some links:

http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html (this is where we are now. It is very good to review!)

http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-money ... ssing.html

And yes there are spiritual ways to cleanse a home.

cleansing-the-home-and-person-questions ... 1828.html-

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html Miss Cat's book available for purchase.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html Miss Cat's online book available to all.

Be Blessed!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 am

Dear Miss Tammie Lee,

I know that. He doesn't, which is why I asked for advice on how to explain it to him in a way he'll accept rather than scoff at.

Also, I thank you most kindly for your very detailed answer; however, the "spiritual cleansings" link comes up with a 404 Error when I click on it.

Many thanks in general :)

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 am

Hey there everybody :)

Okie dokes, I've been doing my studying and have a few more questions that involve Chinese Wash.

Can I mix Van Van, Fiery Wall of Protection, Law Keep Away, Money House Blessing and Peaceful Home oils into the wash water with the Chinese Wash? If so, how many drops and what type of oil? I ask "what type of oil" because I've noticed oils being referred to as "anointing" and "dressing", so I'm not sure if they're the same thing being called by different terms or if they are two different types of oils.

I don't like people all up in my business, especially police types, because I was raised by a former police officer (my Daddy) and my beloved is an ex-con and I want to keep LEOs away from my home just for that reason: people have heard of being arrested for "driving while Black", right? Try being arrested for being an ex-con who simply happens to live somewhere in the neighborhood where a crime was committed. No thanks, I'll pass. That's why Law Keep Away. Yes, I have reviewed the pages on that formula, I know exactly what it's intended uses are, which is exactly why I want to use it.

Many thanks in advance for your answers, and simply, thank you all in general for your kindness in helping me :D

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 am

Sharon: Oils can be separated by Anointing Oil (traditionally denoted anointing the body in a particular place) or Dressing Oil (traditionally used to dress an item or object for use). These can, and often do, get used interchangeably, depending on just how the individual practitioner is using them.

I would add a very few drops of each of those oils to the Chinese Wash so that you don;t end up washing your floor with an unusable oily mess.
Joseph Magnuson

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am

Joseph Magnuson

Speaking of oily mess: I've read on Miss Catherine's "Hoodoo In Theory And Practice" pages about bath crystals being used as additives for cleaning purposes. Would using a little of the crystals of each of the conjure oils I mentioned be better than using the oils?

PS: I realize I'm coming off as a serious newbie, which I'm not; it's just that I'm doing the planning of all this work now and want to have all my figurative ducks in a row before I actually go to do the job.

Thank you all again! Especially for putting up with me.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 19, 2013 9:33 am

Yes, you could substitute the same condition bath salts for the oils. That is entirely up to you. I have found both to work well.
Joseph Magnuson

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Sun May 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Sharon, I am Catholic and explained to my Catholic family members about the need to cleanse the house of any negativity we picked up, or which was left here by previous owners - and they actively helped do the cleanse! I explained to them that if the people in the house before us were filled with bitterness or anger, or if there was a lot of fighting in the house .... those emotions form energy. That energy can be soaked up into the walls and floors and linger like a dark cloud or bad feeling. I told them about other people highly recommending that you "spiritually" clean house while you are "physically" scrubbing the place down. I was having lots of trouble sleeping at the time and explained that, even though I'd never done it before ... I was ready to try anything. I asked if they would help me and they said yes.

There is nothing "non-Christian" about it. You pray over the mop bucket and ask God to not only get rid of the worldly dirt, but also take away any bad spiritual "gunk" that may be in the house. I used hot water, Pine-sol, & Chinese Wash. Then we started at the back of the house, my daughter was going before me counter-clockwise around each room with some Uncrossing Incense and I was following behind wiping the walls and baseboards with the cleaning wash while saying the psalms. Praying for God's help and saying the 23rd psalm ( I threw in a "Hail Mary" here and there too ) is a very Christian thing to do.

Don't forget to seal the house when you finish cleansing and do protection work. We went through the house with FWP Incense saying the 23rd psalm again along with prayers to St. Michael the Archangel. I made a tiny cross on each window and door with Van Van oil and Florida Water to protect, seal, and change any bad luck to good. We had a white candle burning with Money House Blessing Oil on it. Again, there was nothing anti-Christian or non Catholic about it. If anything, my family thinks we are MORE Catholic now. :)

I hope this helps you put your boyfriend at ease.

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I was raised, believe it or not, very strictly and strongly Irish Catholic; I converted (after 8 years of thought on the matter) to Druidry back in '96 but My Beloved's still Catholic but (I find this *very* funny) I'm more well-versed in General Catholic Stuff than he is (he was raised in a secular household and family while I was not). Which means both of us know all our prayers (I still remember the majority of them, which is kinda amazing) :)

This was just the advice I needed to get him settled down about it and to help me with the physical work. Thank you, thank you :)

Goddess Bless You!!!

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 pm

You're welcome! Glad to help. ;) Happy cleansing! :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Sharon Athena --

The thread link that Miss Tammiee Lee posted had an extraneous dash at the end. Here you go:

cleansing-the-home-and-person-questions ... 11828.html

And here's another of interest:

general-questions-about-lucky-mojo-bath ... t7529.html

Also, remember, hoodoo is the folk magic of Christian people, so if your beloved is having difficulty with that, maybe you need to rethink what you are doing here. I mean, we cannot help your friend's brand of Christianity (there are many contradictory forms of Christianity), but we can speak our truth that hoodoo developed among and is practiced primarily by African American Christians. If you need citations for that, we can provide them. Okay?
catherine yronwode

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 pm

catherineyronwode,

My boyfriend is Catholic Christian and he looks at Hoodoo as "magick," which he thinks of as belonging to stuff like LOTR. He's got no problems with Christianity; it's the fact that he thinks this is straight magick ... he knows nada about Hoodoo or magick or anything like this unless it was in some eejitin' fantasy novel. I'm good because I've read A LOT of your book, so I know it's based on Christianity; got no problem with that since it actually works.

I'm just unfamiliar with Psalm 23 because it was not one of the parts of the Bible we were made to study when I went to Catholic school, but it is mentioned A LOT everywhere on your site, so I've read it quite a bit.

My Beloved Eejit doesn't understand that this (Hoodoo) isn't a religion. That's why I needed some advice on how to get it across to him.

I'm sorry if I offended you; I didn't mean to. :(

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 am

Sharon, my advice is to just go about your business, and stop trying to explain everything to your boyfriend. I don't talk to my husband about my spiritual work, although he probably thinks he knows what I'm doing.

Chinese Wash has a pleasant lemony fragrance, like a lot of household cleaners. Just use it to clean your house and do what you have to do.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”