• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 am

Clover (White, Red, 4-Leaf) Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Clover (White, Red, 4-Leaf) Questions and Answers

Unread postby kyleskonjure » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 pm

does anyone know of any spells to make use of a 4 leaf clover? I have a large amount that I've collected over the years!
kyleskonjure

Re: four leaf clover

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am

http://www.luckymojo.com/clover.html

Four leaf clover (usually a form of white clover) can be used in good luck spells. You could make a mojo bag with a clover, and other applicable roots/curio that are for good luck. Or you could put them around your altar and/or use them in candle work. I would get a yellow or green candle and work with some money drawing oil if you want good luck with money. You could use it with crown of success.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:46 pm

You ought to be lucky with all of those four leave clovers, I have been trying for years to get just one. Good Luck and starsinthesky7 (as always) provided appropriate recommendations.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby kyleskonjure » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I've been collecting since I was in high school, I've got quite a few, but then again I've always been fairly lucky in general.

Something that I didn't consider, If I were to use a four leaf clover in a mojo bag what measures should I take to ensure it isn't bent/ripped/etc while floating around in the bag, or is that even an issue? I had an idea to draw a seal, place the clover on it and fold it up for protection, is this advisable?
kyleskonjure

Re: Clover (White, Red, 4-Leaf) Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Kyleskonjure,

Four-Leaf Clovers are amulets and as such they are not generally utilized in spell casting, or crushed up to make candle dressing oils when regular Three-Leaf White Clover or Three-Leaf Red Clover will do.

If you want to keep a Four-Leaf in a mojo hand, you will probably be disappointed, as it will get crushed, crumpled, and broken. It is far more common to laminate a Four-Leaf Clover to a business card and carry it in your wallet, with your money.

Another thing you will often find, if you buy old Bibles, is that people will place the lucky Four-Leaf Clover at Psalms 23 in the Bible and leave it there, pressed. I have a number of Bibles that i bought used that were fixed like that, so i would say it is a common practice.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby kyleskonjure » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Thank you very much! As it so happens I generally have at least 2 four leaf clovers(which I carry in my wallet folded up in an envelope) on me at all times.

Would laminating the clover and inserting it in the bag work, or are mojos not supposed to have laminated/plastic materials in them?

EDIT: also, something else that I've always been curious of, would giving someone a laminated four leaf clover have the same effect if they had found/laminated it themselves?
kyleskonjure

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 pm

If you talk to a 4-Leaf Clover that is given to you, and re-purpose it to yourself, the spirit of the plant would most likely work with you.

Also, you could add it to your mojo bag and keep it protected by loading it into wax. You take a candle of appropriate size and color (white or green) and carve a hollow into it, then fill it with the clover and your personal concerns, perhaps other money and lucky products/herbs, and then seal it back up with the wax you displaced when carving. Use heat to seal the wax up and it's ready to be added.
Wild at Heart

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Wild at Heat, have you tried placing chunks of wax in your mojo bag? I think you'll make a mess that way.

Most of us wear mojo bags on our bodies -- wax will either crack if handled roughly during cold weather or (and i've had this happen) it will soften and melt when carried on the body in warm weather.

Either way the Four-Leaf Clover will crumble.

Wax is not a stable component in a mojo bag. There are good reasons for the use of roots, nuts, coins, teeth, bones, and folded paper in mojo bags, especially when padded with some softer herbs or seeds.

Kyleskonjure, laminating is not forbidden to use in a mojo, it's just pointlessly inadequate. We already have such wonderful ways of working, so traditional and so convenient -- why put in something that is going to eventually bend and crack and wreck the Four-Leaf Clover?

This isn't rocket science, folks -- but it is elementary physics. LOL!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Fair point- what about placing the clover in another hallowed out container that's more suitable?
Wild at Heart

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

What? Poured acrylic half-spheres?
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby kyleskonjure » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Hmm, that's an excellent point. The main reason I'm itching to use a clover is I have so many, as well as the fact that long before I learned of hoodoo, or the existence of real magic, the most "magical" and powerful object in my mind was a four-leaf clover, so it holds a bit of special meaning to me
kyleskonjure

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I was originally thinking bottle spells, but there's also the option of an already money-blessed locket to hold the clover safely.
Wild at Heart

Unread postby kyleskonjure » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 am

I just went and laminated(actually, put between two clear pieces of tape, but same thing, eh?) all the loose clovers I had in my wallet(13), I was planning on giving them to some friends to help enliven and luckify their lives, but before I do so would putting a little lucky oil on them increase their power? Also, in the collection were 2 5-leaf clovers(I think one was originally a 6 leaf but the 6th fell off) would these be more powerful? Less so?
kyleskonjure

Unread postby thatgirl » Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 am

This may sound silly, so forgive me, but last week this time I *knew* 4-leaf clovers really did not occur in nature. I never found one as a kid and was totally convinced that all those who said they had were being less than truthful. While looking up the names of some of the plants the neighbor put in my yard, I came across some info on clovers. Supposedly 1 in 10,000 has 4 leaves. Those odds aren't bad considering how many I have now since cancelling Scott's lawn service.

I decided to look with the kids, and don't you know I actually found one. I was simply amazed, but my youngest started crying lol. I told him pretty firmly not to pout, and that's not how you get things done. I told him if I found one he would too and to get up and look. Two minutes later he had a HUGE one. One minute after that he had a big one for his brother. Now they want me to fire the landscaper so he doesn't cut all the clovers away. :lol:

I've looked online for info on laminating as well as putting them in resin, but I was also wondering like kyleskonjure if it's okay to put oil on them without destroying them or causing them to lose their color.

Also, I know we all have different perspectives on things, but I wouldn't see the harm in adding one to a mojo or oil or powder in its ground state if you have clovers to spare. Just like violet leaves resemble hearts, they don't lose their qualities when dried and crushed. That's just my take on it anyway. If I had tons of 4 leaf clovers, some would def be in an oil lol.

As for clovers with more than 4 leaves, they're supposedly not more powerful/lucky according to what I found online. However, considering how much more rare they are, I'm sure opinions on that one will vary. I guess it's said they're not because each of the leaves has a particular meaning. In one version the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and G-D's grace would be the fourth. In the other version, it's faith, hope, love, and luck.

I'm sure you could always laminate them to 2 a dollar bill, or other special money.
thatgirl

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 pm

HER-CLR-FLRE
Clover Flowers, Red
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HER-CLR-FLWH
Clover Flowers, White
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork