Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Copyright violation at Bewitching Bee.com

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.
Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Copyright violation at Bewitching Bee.com

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 am

Hi everyone:
At random I found this site that is copying descriptions from Lucky Mojo. The site is Bewitchingbee.com; they're a store based in Milwaukee WI, with a physical store and online store.

Here is their page to describe candles available for purchase:
http://www.bewitchingbee.com/candles.htm

As an example, here is the description for their Blessing candle:

Blessing glass vigil candle: blue wax

To help those in need, to ease sorrow & pain; to express gratitude for blessings received; for remembrance

And lo and behold! Here's Lucky Mojo's description of their Blessing Candle:

To help those in need; for blessings received; to ease sorrow and pain; for remembrance.

Hmmm...

Most of their candle descriptions are that way, the same as Lucky Mojo's with some of the words shuffled.

Oh and looky here! They have an Herb and Curio section:
http://www.bewitchingbee.com/materia_magica.htm

Their description of Damiana:
Used to draw a new lover, to intensify sexual passion, or to bring back a straying lover

Lucky Mojo's description of Damiana:
Used in magic spells to draw a new lover, intensify sexual passion, or bring back a straying lover.

Hmmmmm.......

The owner is listed as Deborah Voith, her contact email is deborah@bewitchingbee.com and she lists miss cat as her teacher on the front page!

" I am very grateful to the following magical people & teachers who have influenced me greatly- Sue Compton a wonderful teacher & Founder of Palmistry International, my teacher cat yronwode of Lucky Mojo for her outstanding Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course and excellent products, "

It seems she's set up this business using copy and ideas from Lucky Mojo. She even has a Professional Alliance of Readers, Rootwork Practitioners and Spiritual Advisors!
[b]http://www.bewitchingbee.com/readers ... rs.htm[/b]

Sounds a bit familiar, hm?

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Copywright violation at Bewitching Bee.com

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 pm

I must say WTF! I understand having SIMILAR ideas but just copying and pasting is ridiculous. I wish I was Cat I would be suing this people! I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Copywright violation at Bewitching Bee.com

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:28 am

I think she (or he) is one of cats' students.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

nana664
Re: Copyright violation at Bewitching Bee.com

Unread post by nana664 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:27 am

I think that if someone is going to copy something, they should at least put where they got the information. Even if they are students, colleagues, etc. It's common courtesy.
Thank you St. Anthony, for all you've done for me

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

She does talk about cat in your about section.

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 am

It's a man thou not a woman or maybe it's 2 of them IDK I'm confused but my close friend ordered from them before

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

The owner is Deb Voith (a woman).

Her copies of my writing obviously fall within the widest definition of plagiarism, being electronic cut-and-paste jobs which she then lightly re-ordered, but it would be difficult to claim them as copyright violations per se.

She applied to AIRR several years ago but was not accepted at that time. She has spoken of re-applying to AIRR, and would probably have been accepted upon re-application, but chose to go her own way instead. Her creation of an association of readers is a copy of AIRR, but AIRR is not unique. There have been such groups before, and AIRR is certainly not the first readers' association, although it is definitely the first rootworkers' association.

(History note: The earliest readers' association i know of is The Mediums’ Protective Association, also known as the Ministers and Mediums' Protective Association, a nationwide group with branches in California, Oregon, and Wisconsin during the 1910s. The MPA sought to protect Spiritualist ministers, readers, and mediums from police harassment and the passage of anti-fortune-telling laws by demonstrating that the group's members were ethical spiritual counsellors rather than shady rip-off artists. Cards of certification were issued to members, who had to abide by certain rules of ethical conduct.)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 am

Miss Cat
I guess John Voith is her husband then reason why I say this is because my girlfriend & her stubborn behind ordered a honey Jar kit for her husband from them while I'll I ordered all my supplies from lucky mojo. She figured she'd be getting products just as good as LM well I'll told her what was going on & she's trying to get her money back & a man named John Voith is the one emailing & calling her after 2 days of ignoring her claim

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the information cat.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Copyright Theft Reports and Results”