• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 am

Crystal Ball, Scrying Stone Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Crystal Ball, Scrying Stone Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby maduro01 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Could someone explain in detail how crystal balls and scrying stones work? Examples would be helpful.

Thank you in advance. :))
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Re: Obsidian Palm Sized Scrying Stone

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Well its another form of divination. Crystal gazing is very iconic but I've never had any luck with it, I'll keep to my Tarot cards lol. Its not easy and if you don't have a talent for it you might just get headaches from squinting at a stone :). Actually I was wondering just how traditional scrying is to hoodoo? I know LuckyMojo sells stones for it but I always thought cartomancy, tea leaves and coffee grounds were more traditional. Just curious.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 am

maduro01,

Scrying is gift that in my experience, people either have a knack for or not. Most of the scryers that I know came upon their ability to scry by accident, often when they were looking into still water somewhere. Lucky Mojo is a general occult store and they do carry items that are strictly related to Hoodoo. I do not know if scrying with Obsidian is traditional to Conjure or not, but using divination of one form or another certainly is.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi maduro01,

Obsidian is a volcanic glass that is usually either completely black, or is mottled black and grey ("snowflake obsidian"). I'm assuming for the purpose of this message that you're referring to a scrying stone made of polished black obsidian. Such a stone would fall under the category of dark mirror scrying implements including black mirrors, oiled stone bowls, and bowls of water. With these methods, one uses indirect, low-level illumination (from a single candle, for example) and looks into a dark reflective surface for images.

This method of scrying does, as previous posters note, require a degree of giftedness, and such methods are found in the Rennaissance-era material generated by John Dee and Edward Kelley, as well as in more modern revivals of Solomonic Magic (cf. Carroll 'Poke' Runyon's works).
[Side note here on attributions re: the modern revival of dark mirror methods applied to Solomonic magic:

http://sonic.net/yronwode/arcane-archiv ... ying-1.php]

While some of the European grimoire sources did, indeed, make their way into Hoodoo, use of these scrying methods is not wide-spread among rootworkers, compared to card-reading or tea leaf reading, and use of palm stones in this way is less common still.
Lukianos

Re: Divination Tools: Crystal Balls and Scrying Stones

Unread postby Cynthia55 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 pm

I have some experience with scrying. It is true that I basically was doing it even as a child and did not know that what I was doing was scrying.

A form (and good practice tool) is cloud scrying - you know, seeing pictures in the clouds. Soften your vision - slip into a light trance such as the kind you are in when watching TV. Look for pictures on the screen (sky).

I have several, and have scryed using a crystal ball. I prefer a natural quartz ball with the rainbows and fractures naturally occurring in them.

Wanted to thank Lucky Mojo for the beautiful Paragon Fortune Telling tea cup that I recently purchased from them. It is absolutely gorgeous! Tea leaf reading is a similar form of scrying.
Cynthia55

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:21 pm

You can read more about scrying at this Association of Readers and Rootworkers page

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... ry_Reading

The AIRR readers listed there may also be available for teaching or magical coaching. Find teachers and magical coaches from AIRR here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... l_Coaching

We carry quite a line of scrying spheres and pam stones at the shop:

Those are just the Obsidian and black glass balls...
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby RJLupin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 pm

I've had luck with scrying, using a black mirror of my own making (I would like to try an obsidian crystal ball; soon maybe.) It worked so well that it frightened me, because it looked as though the images were coming out of the glass. I would set up the mirror, light a candle a few feet away, and gaze into the glass as though trying to look through it, but not at it. After a minute or so, it started to appear as though I were looking into a deep, black well. This was followed by these sort of shimmering gray clouds, which formed into various symbols and images. I didn't see anything "scary" but I became unnerved by how well it was working, so I decided to cease my experiments until I learned more about scrying techniques and how to handle the experience. Even as a child, though, I would sometimes "see" things in lakes or pools, when my mind was wandering or I stared too long.
RJLupin

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 pm

If you make your own dark mirror, then add a bit of Psychic Vision oil to the black paint and color. You can also dress the candles you use for light during scrying.

It's what I do and I've noticed it enhances my ability.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby RJLupin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:58 am

ConjureMan Ali wrote:If you make your own dark mirror, then add a bit of Psychic Vision oil to the black paint and color. You can also dress the candles you use for light during scrying.

Good idea, thanks! It's too late to add it to the paint, I can anoint the mirror with it, and dress the candle I burn.
RJLupin

Unread postby stelz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 pm

I wasn't able to see anything when I got my first crystal ball, but you can train yourself to do it with practice. It does take a good amount of trying. (A clear depth works better for me. If you want to use obsidian or a black mirror, by all means train with that.) You don't want to be sitting in daylight looking at occlusions, you want dim light, say anywhere from a shadowy room on a heavily overcast day to moonlight. Arrange a dark cloth around the crystal to shut out the reflections. You should see just a round, dim, greyish glow from the bit of ambient light that it grabs. Look into that and when your mind starts to wander, as it unavoidably will, bring it back to the crystal. This is what trains your mind to react to it, and in time you will get results pretty quickly. It's like meditation, only with an outside object.

Practice for about 15-30 minutes at a time. Three or four nights a week is adequate, but more is better. You should see clouds and pinpoints of light in it pretty quickly. Persist. If everything "goes black" at some point, don't be alarmed, it means you're getting there. Again, persist. It could take a few weeks or the best part of a year, but eventually you'll see pictures.

I don't know if crystal or mirror gazing has any traditional roots in hoodoo, but I have read that scrying is universal, and I once saw a documentary where an African shaman kept a tub of water under his bed for scrying, so I'm sure it exists in the Diaspora.
stelz

Re: Crystal Ball, Scrying Stone Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 pm

stelz,

Lots of folks think of African American folk magic as highly African, and thus rustic and tropical-rural -- but it is African AMERICAN, and crystal balls were sold by mail order all over the Americas, through newspaper, magazine, and catalogue ads, from the late 19th century onward to the present.

I have a great pamphlet on how to read the future with a crystal ball that was written during the 1920s by an African American diviner named Rhadolph Marcelliee. His birth name was Marcellus Clark and he was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1893. He died in 1971. Marcelliee dressed in a turban and performed as a Hindu seer so that he could appear before white audiences during the era of segregation, but he and his wife also toured and appeared in African American venues as Doctor and Madame Marcelliee and gave church-sponsored lectures on the Bible to the public as well as private readings to clients.

F. Roy Johnson, writing in 1962 about "The Fabled Dr. Jim Jordan," a celebrated Black root doctor of Como, North Carolina, described Jordan's use of a crystal palm ball for scrying for his hoodoo clients as early as the late 1920s. Jim Jordan was descended from African slaves, Native Americans, and English slave owners. He identified as African American, Negro, or Coloured.

When Harry Middleton Hyatt interviewed 1,600 African American root work practitioners and professions in the American South in 1936 - 1940, he met a number who read stone spheres, both clear and naturally speckled.

So, you see, crystal gazing has been part of the repertoire of Black readers since just about the same time that crystal balls first became popular in America among White readers.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 am

We love using our crystal balls and palm scrying-stones for divination. It's a wonderful way to sharpen your divination skills.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:39 pm

I's love to see that Rhadolph Marcelliee pamphlet! Is there any chance of it being uploaded someday? :)
stelz

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:27 pm

I intend to reprint it as part of the Crystal Silence League reprint project.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby stelz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 pm

That would be fantastic!
stelz

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 am

the first time i came into contact with a quartz crystal ball was when my mother gave me one the size of a bowling ball on my 19th birthday.

my mother was a medium but she didn't use a crystal ball. she was empathic, a psychic cook, and talked to ghosts when she felt like it. she knew before i did, my talents were more in the visual realm, hence the quartz.

i asked what the heck to do with it and she said stare at it until i saw something. after months of frustration, i gave up; that's when i saw a vision of a huge plane crash into an island. a month later, a big plane crashed into the easter islands.

since that time i've used the crystal ball and others as well. the advice i can give is to look into the sphere (any kind of crystal sphere you like) until it seems to become a blur, focus on the querent's or your question until an image forms. Sort of like self hypnosis. The reading should be easy from then on. but of course everyone is different in their style with this form of reading.

my mother told me to keep the quartz crystal ball covered when not in use. i'm not sure if one needs to cover the other types of stone spheres or not, perhaps someone with a deeper knowledge of crystal balls and spheres would know the answer to that.

black snowflake obsidian spheres are thought to be good for protection, healing chakras, transformation, expanding the mind. i have a lot of those spheres around because they're darn good at protection from negative energies floating into the home or people & animals. my kitchen counters are made of black snowflake obsidian. this sphere can also be used to determine if the querent, who they're asking about or someone you're not sure of has a substance abuse issue. healers use it for detoxing people of addictions or healing themselves of any negative energy that's been drawn into their auric field. black obsidian and black snowflake obsidian tends to emit masculine energy.

my other favorite is the green adventurine ball, i have a nice grapefruit sized one used for gambling luck, lotto, successful business ventures. healers use it a lot for sending positive healing energy for a person or a living creature's eyesight. the energy changes with this stone from masculine to feminine to masculine,depending on the situation, and the energy of the spirit working through the stone at the time. u can call on lady luck or even elemental forces to draw luck to u. this is a fun stone to work with.

the rose quartz ball i use to read for romance, love, peaceful home. but i only use it if someone asks. this stone to me tends to emit feminine energy.
Grateful member of Hoodoo Psychics.
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 am

I have been having quite astonishing results using my black crystal ball and my Rainbow Obsidian palm-sized, gazing stone. It helps me get the most out of the Crystal Silence League themed pamphlets, for sure.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:33 am

Every reader I've met has a different form of reading a crystal ball. I've read articles about how to read a crystal ball on the web and the explanations are not helpful or ludicrous. One can not simply buy a crystal ball, learn how to read it with a set of instructions like the kind you receive on how to put together a lego set. Yes, directions are good for the purpose of getting an idea of how to read a crystal ball or how a crystal ball works but it's vitally important to be around someone who does it on a regular basis. The importance of being a student or studying the subject is that it familiarizes one with the workings of the crystal ball. I think of a crystal ball as a living being, so to me it has an soul essence I've been taught to respect.
In my experience and I can't talk for other readers because we each have our own experience is, a crystal ball is a catalyst to interpose between the spirit world and the reader. It aligns with the reader's energy who is asking the questions respectfully for the client. I work with the crystal ball as a medium to communicate between two worlds. I also have worked with different crystals that are tuned in with whatever situation the client is asking about. Mostly I use a quartz crystal ball for heavy work but also work with a black obsidian and a few others.
One example of working with a crystal ball is an instance of a client who had a friend that passed suddenly. I tune into the client as they are speaking, wait until they are finished and gaze into the crystal ball until an image forms. I stare at the periphery of the crystal ball first, when I get a feeling that another energy is around I then focus on the center of the ball and ask the question until the right question is asked and the spirit reveals the answer to the question in image form. Much like a court of law is where the attorney asks a question and the opposing attorney objects, the judge either says; "sustained" or "overruled". So does the spirit reveal the answer in a similar manner. If the spirit doesn't jive with the question asked it will give a confusing answer, like a jumbled mismatch of images until the reader asks the question in the way the spirit wants it to be asked. It's a tricky form of communication. And in my experience one must have the utmost respect for the crystal ball, the spirit, and the client.
When I have a repeat client who continues to ask the same question over and over and the answer has already been given I inform the client I will be using another form of divination because the crystal ball might get a bit pissed off at me for allowing the client to take advantage of me which disrespects the crystal ball, the spirit and ultimately the client.
I don't know if it'd actually get pissed off like in human terms but each crystal ball has it's own personality so to speak but it might stop working for me, meaning it would just cloud up if I attempted to work with it again after multiple transgressions.
In the instance of the client who's friend died suddenly, ethically I've been taught to keep my mouth shut about client's issues; names, dates, or any other specific information that reflects on them. I'm simply explaining a typical situation where I'd use the crystal ball.
Respectfully,
Miss Olivia
HRCC Graduate # 1632
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 am

The Rainbow Obsidian palm-sized gazing stone sounds cool. I'm for sure going to get one as soon as I can locate one.
Thank-you to Joseph Magnuson for the share. :D

Miss Olivia
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 1632
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 pm

You are very welcome. I found it was the only one that really did it for me at first. A good way for me to practice tuning in.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 am

Miss Olivia wrote:Every reader I've met has a different form of reading a crystal ball. I've read articles about how to read a crystal ball on the web and the explanations are not helpful or ludicrous. One can not simply buy a crystal ball, learn how to read it with a set of instructions like the kind you receive on how to put together a lego set. Yes, directions are good for the purpose of getting an idea of how to read a crystal ball or how a crystal ball works but it's vitally important to be around someone who does it on a regular basis. The importance of being a student or studying the subject is that it familiarizes one with the workings of the crystal ball. I think of a crystal ball as a living being, so to me it has an soul essence I've been taught to respect.

I totally agree that most of what you see on the subject online is hooey. But while having a good mentor is the ideal, it's possible to trial-and-error your way to some level of success, I've done it. Additionally, I'm sure a lot of the people putting the bad info online would be more than happy to mentor people for a price. :x Better to go it alone if that's your only other choice. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be discouraged from getting a crystal and trying just because they didn't have a mentor.

They have a multitude of other uses as well, the CSL site has instructions for sending dreams and the like. So even if a person never manages to see anything, it's still a great thing to have at hand.

Much like a court of law is where the attorney asks a question and the opposing attorney objects, the judge either says; "sustained" or "overruled". So does the spirit reveal the answer in a similar manner. If the spirit doesn't jive with the question asked it will give a confusing answer, like a jumbled mismatch of images until the reader asks the question in the way the spirit wants it to be asked. It's a tricky form of communication. And in my experience one must have the utmost respect for the crystal ball, the spirit, and the client.

I've noticed this effect as well, it seems less likely to provide answers on tap than cards, and I have to give it a lot more respect.
To be honest, I don't use it often for client readings often because of this - I'm often asked some less-than-ethically-motivated questions.
stelz

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 am

Steltz,

I agree. I wouldn't discourage someone from getting a crystal and trying it just because they haven't a mentor. Some people just pick up on things naturally.

Being an information junkie, I have to absorb as much information about a subject while actually attempting it over and over before I feel proficient enough to even go to a mentor. When I'm to that point of knowing even a little bit, I'll work with a mentor or magical coach. Especially with Rootwork and Hoodoo.
With crystals I was around them as a kid so I learned by watching other people working with them and my mother always gave me some kind of crystal for my birthdays. I still don't know why she didn't just name me Crystal. :)

I highly recommend magical coaching for someone who wants to work with crystals. There are a lot of AIRR members http:readersandrootworkers.org
who specialize in crystals and also the Crystal Silence League is an excellent place to start like Steltz said.

On a side note, one of the first things I learned was using a lit candle behind the ball and to practice staring at the candle light through the crystal ball until images emerged. This is a good little practice tool to utilize until the images become more frequent and are easier to decipher.
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Porl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 am

I can offer this advice: it is wise to study thoroughly the properties of whatever form of stone you choose to scry with, as that will give you the best insight as to how it can interact with other elements in our world as well as how to store your sphere or stone so it remains in good condition. For scrying itself, this is one of those things which are largely trial and error, i am afraid. Your physical experience of going into the state which taps into the scrying method will be different from mine, thus you may enlist the aid of spirit or not, you may choose to dim the lights to scry, or with the right stone you may not need that at all. One spiritual teacher i had used a quartz crystal held up to one eye as she scanned me, i would hardly be in a position to say that was inappropriate.
Thank you Archangel Michael
Thank you Archangel Gabriel
Porl

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:15 am

I agree. There are many culturally favoured and lineage-transmitted techniques for selecting a crystal (glass, stone, clear, cloudy, opaque), its shape (sphere, palm stone, point, sliced-top nodule). Likewise how to position it (near the eye, in the lap, on a table, in the hand) is also variable, as is the amount of light in the room and its position.

It's not a "free for all" or randomly "do what you want" situation, because the variables are transmitted through cultural means, but although the variations are significant, there are life-long advocates for each method.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html#scrying is where we list ours for sale. Sorry we are short on photos -- we're working on that!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:36 am

I agree with Porl here regarding trial and error. I went through many different shapes, sizes, and materials before finding the one that IMMEDIATELY started to work for me.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Scrying with a crystal ball revolves a great deal around personal experimentation and intuition. Finding the right crystal for you, the right way to look at it, the right way to sit or stand, or hold it. It can take some time to really get into it, but it is a deeply rewarding process and I absolutely love scrying.

I also highly recommend having Psychic Vision incense going and candles dress with Psychic Vision Oil while scrying. It really brings things into focus. You can even wash your crystals in water that you've dissolved Psychic Vision bath Crystals in.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sonia Rosa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 pm

I enjoy crystal scrying, and the idea of using Psychic Vision incense and oil for those sessions sounds like a good idea, and I'd like to try that soon. Question: besides just dressing yourself and candles with Psychic Vision oil, what about also anointing the crystal ball itself? :)
Sonia Rosa
Sonia Rosa

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 am

Sonia Rosa: Yes, you can certainly do this. To make things less messy I anoint my hands with the oil, rub them while thinking of the purpose, and then, after they have absorbed a good amount, I go ahead and touch and rub the divination tools I am using, crystal ball included.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 am

Sonia Rosa, I like to use the Psychic Vision incense for this purpose as well. Not only does it really work, but it adds a sense of mysteriousness having the smoke wafting around myself and the crystal or cards while I am doing readings. And I rather enjoy the dramatic flair of it. :)
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

I occasionally rub oil directly on my smokey quartz and it doesn't even make it smudgey. Natural stones seem to 'like' it.
stelz

2 questions about crystal balls?

Unread postby polarbearcub » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:33 pm

I once read a post about crystal balls and they said that the crystal ball should be like 3 diameters and made of clear-colored quartz so the crystal ball is clear but has some white spots inside the crystal ball because the white spots are the spots in/on the quartz. Is that really true? Or can the crystal ball be normal glass as well?

I have this belief that divination items and other items for magick have more power if they are made from natural materials, like any crystal item made from stones.

And when people find out answers with the crystal ball, how does the answer come? Does it come as intuition or a feeling? Or as a dream? Or how exactly?
polarbearcub

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Good Evening Polarbearcub,
A crystal ball can be anything that you want it to be.
Check out all the different tools for scrying on this page: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html
And, whatever your belief is. Well, then that's what you ought to work with. YOU (and ONLY you) must be comfortable with your tools. There is nothing that is written in stone about what you ought to or ought not to use. That's what makes each individual unique.
The messages come in different ways for different people. Maybe just try the different techniques and see what happens.
Here's a good book on the subject: Crystal Gazing: Lessons and Instructions in Silent Influence With the Crystal
And you can find it on this webpage: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
And here's a FASCINATING page about it: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ry_Reading
Maybe, soon, you will be instructing us on the better techniques (and what works well for you)!
Take care and have a wonderful evening
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby stelz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:27 pm

You see a lot of recommendations written from the 1980's on, saying that it should be natural stone, while older writings seem to recommend perfectly clear glass, and some still older writings recommend precious stones like beryl, along with all manner of Enochian paraphernalia. And I totally agree that it doesn't matter. Your options are wide open, especially if you're just starting out.

Later, that could change. In my own case, I trained with a 3" glass ball, and I can get results in any similar clear depth - quartz, a glass of water - but not opaque stones or black mirrors. I suspect if I'd trained with a black mirror originally, the reverse would be true, but I don't know. I'd like to hear others experiences.
stelz

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 am

Hi stelz,

I had a similar experience with the black mirror. When I read ConjureMan Ali's posts about using Psychic Vision products, I tried them. The experience became a whole lot easier. :)
With my black obsidian ball I wiped it lightly with psychic vision oil. The incense really helped put me in tune with
it too. It did seem like it took longer because I wasn't trained with it but I sort of made it mine over time. :)
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi stelz, I agree that it is easiest to use what you were trained to use, but I also think that you can learn to read on virtually any surface once you develop those skills. When I was first trained it was with a candle flame and a then a bowl of water. This morphed to a black mirror and then a crystal ball. It's not my favorite form of divination to use with clients because it takes so much of my focus and energy that I have a hard time communicating. But I do like to use varying options for my own personal working.
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Izzie414 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 am

Turnsteel wrote:Well its another form of divination. Crystal gazing is very iconic but I've never had any luck with it, I'll keep to my Tarot cards lol. Its not easy and if you don't have a talent for it you might just get headaches from squinting at a stone :). Actually I was wondering just how traditional scrying is to hoodoo? I know LuckyMojo sells stones for it but I always thought cartomancy, tea leaves and coffee grounds were more traditional. Just curious.

I learned that I'm able to scry. I literally see the images inside the crystal, and some folks see the images in their 3rd eye. Pay attention to thoughts as well...I've had some answers come through that way too. But start in short sessions and stop when you're tired to avoid headaches :)
Izzie414

Unread postby stelz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Susan Barnes wrote:Hi stelz,

I had a similar experience with the black mirror. When I read ConjureMan Ali's posts about using Psychic Vision products, I tried them. The experience became a whole lot easier. :)
With my black obsidian ball I wiped it lightly with psychic vision oil. The incense really helped put me in tune with
it too. It did seem like it took longer because I wasn't trained with it but I sort of made it mine over time. :)

Psychic Vision is some wonderful stuff, isn't it? I only tried it recently and I've had fine results.
stelz

Unread postby Genies_Lamp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 am

ConjureMan Ali wrote:If you make your own dark mirror, then add a bit of Psychic Vision oil to the black paint and color. You can also dress the candles you use for light during scrying.

I feel drawn to try working with a black mirror and I would like to create my own, incorporating Psychic Vision oil into the paint as ConjureMan Ali suggested. Most of the tutorials I have found on creating a black mirror use black spray paint. I can't imagine how to mix in Psychic Vision oil to this kind of paint. What would you suggest? Is there an oil-based paint that would be recommended? If so, how much oil can you add without ruining it? I would really like to do this the best way possible, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks folks, and thank you ConjureMan Ali for the great idea of adding Psychic Vision oil in the making of the mirror!

Genies_Lamp
Genies_Lamp

Unread postby natstein » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Genies_Lamp,

I made my first Black Mirror with Tempura paint so you definitely do not have to use spray paint. I would just get a tube of black oil paints and put a few drops of the Psychic Vision oil directly into the paint. Then paint a nice even layer on your piece of glass. It will probably take a little longer to dry but you will have a nice mirror that has been nicely tricked to work for what you want it to do!

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Genies_Lamp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Thank you natstein for the reply. I'm really looking forward to this! :)
Genies_Lamp

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards