Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crystals and Gemstones Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
dorothybaez
HRCC Student
Crystals and Gemstones Questions and Answers

Unread post by dorothybaez » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 am

Wow! Hi, I'm new here....

I had never thought about using a laser pointer on a crystal to amplify its energy, but someone mentioned it to me and I am curious.

Also, what kind of crystals do you have that can cause headaches?
Student #1748
Thank you Jesus and Yemaya!

Lucylookingskyward

Re: Crystals and Gemstones Questions and Answers

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:13 am

Hello, dorothybaez,

I don't think you can charge a stone with a lazer pointer, not to belittle your concept.

The concept of charging a stone in sunlight or moonlight (which is a New Age, mostly Wiccan custom) is to infuse it with the qualities and energies of the sun or moon. It's almost like living energy. Putting a man-made light source against a crystal isn't going to give it any more oomph than it would to keep your crystal on your TV or next to your lamps and expecting them to fill up with energy.

It's like the difference between Spring Water, Tap Water and Mineral Water.

Besides, from what I understand about that particular practice, you charge your stones with energy by channeling your intent through the stone. You cleanse the stone in sunlight or moonlight so that you can use it again and to clear it of negativity.

rocksandplants

Unread post by rocksandplants » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

dorothybaez,

RE headache: crystals that have caused headaches in combination,

moldavite+libyan gold tektite+tibetan tektite (3 tektites being used for rapid transformation),

phenacite+herderite (used mainly for amplification, usually affects people that are very sensitive).

Re: charging crystals:

There are products marketed out there from moldavite oil, or charged waters, some using a telescope to amplify light from specific stars.

As for a laser being ineffective, have you tried it? ( LASER= Light Amplifed Solid Energy Radiation) Usually a crystal inside the laser is a ruby or a sapphire, sometimes doped (coated) with another mineral. i find it very effective, charging crystals far beyond what natural energies can do.

Re: cleansing crystals:

I have used streams to cleanse minerals, although sun and moonlight usually dont cleanse enough, burying minerals works well, as well as boiling minerals with hyssop or other cleansing mixtures ( some stones dont work with certain materials, salt corroding (hcl acid) or water soluble crystals like selenite, usually only mainly quartz crystals work with boiling.

hello

Unread post by hello » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Lucylookingskyward

Agreed.

I know many Wiccans that say that charging them by natural means is to honor nature/Gaia that brings the energy more than simply the projection of light. I think Wiccans are very in tuned with nature which is why they charge things by moonlight or sunlight. Even if you aren't Wiccan, like Lucylookingskyward said, it is mostly a Wiccan custom and that is the reason they chose to charge it like that and it is also very much about intent so i'm not sure a laser would be the most appropriate way to do that....

Lucylookingskyward

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm

rocksandplants

Actually, yes I have tried many different ways to charge gemstones, including something similar to your idea, but this was before I'd done more research into gemstone magic. As I said, taking a lazer pointer, which was created in a factory and designed specifically to be an office aid etc is not going to impart any energy onto a crystal than it would if you kept a quartz next to your TV and hoped that the TV would charge your stone. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how lazer charging works.

To address your other points, I have absolutely seen gemestone waters and oils that have been created with specific intent, but this is typically used in combination with herbs and other essential oils.

rocksandplants

Unread post by rocksandplants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks lucy, too bad it doesnt work for you, i feel that the abundance of light is more easily shaped and bent into a mineral ( if it wills). I work exclusively with plant and minerals, no animals, but i have no problem with synthetic minerals, as long as they were grown from a seed crystal. (most synthetic minerals are grown from seed crystals in high pressure/heat chemical solutions.) the super 7 crystal is one good example, or theres also the titanium doped quartz, whose name escapes me right now. I recently tested a magnifying glass on identical white quartzes and with the same exposure time the laser exposed quartz was palpably stronger. A laser may have been made in a factory, but it contains a gemstone which is used to amplify the light. Maybe we'll agree to disagree on this one.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Guys, I'm an amateur gemologist and serious rock hound and this is quite interesting...but this conversation is a bit off topic. The stones commonly employed in hoodoo are pyrite and lodestones...minerals used would be assorted salts, alum, saltpeter and magnetic sand.

This is not to say they don't have their magical uses, or that hoodoo practitioners are limited only to the use of curios that were available during the 19th century, but only rarely does one encounter crystals and gemstones in old-style hoodoo rootwork as they simply would not have been available to the original practitioners. They did become available via mail order during the 20th century, and they may be added to mojo bags.

Have fun,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jon saint germain » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Bluestone was also used in rootwork. In the traditional days it was most often obtained in its commercially available form of copper sulfate. However, it also occurs naturally in the minerals chalcocyanite, chalcanthite, bonattite, and boothite. These are all toxic and carcinogenic, and so have been replaced by modern rootworkers by anil dye, such as Reckett's Blue.

Hope this helps,

Rev Jon SG
Rev Jon Saint Germain
HRCC Grad - BOD AIRR - BOD AISC - Hoodoo Psychics - Crystal Silence League

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks, Jon, for that comment -- very true.

And, folks, if you don't know who Jon Saint Germain is, well, he is The Voice of the Crystal Silence League and the author of a great and information-packed book on crystals and gemstones! Here it is --

BOO-GRI-CRYM
Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Jon Saint Germain, "The Voice of the Crystal Silence League"
and the host of the Crystal Silence League Hour on the LMC
Radio Network, presents a practical introduction to the use of
crystals and stones in the Four Branches of Crystallomancy:

• Divination or scrying with a crystal ball or gemstone
• Projection of prayers and spells with Silent Influence
• Reception of blessings from the Divine and from friends
• Transformative healing and lasting self-empowerment

Crystal Magic: Divination, Healing, and Spellcraft with Gems
and Minerals teaches you the legendary inner meanings of a
brilliant array of mystic minerals and provides you with the
time-tested techniques and powerful spiritual spells that will
help you to become an adept practitioner of Crystal Esoterica.

96 pages, $9.00 -- and it will be on sale in MAY, 2016!

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Introduction 4
Chapter One
The Crystal Silence League 5
Chapter Two
Crystals, Stones, and Minerals 7
What’s the Difference Between Crystals and Stones? 8
Some Useful Things to Know About Crystals 9
Chapter Three
A Collection of Crystals from A to Z 16