Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Cut and Clear Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Maria

Unread post by Maria » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

Hello,

I would like to know if the Cut and Clear Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed can be used instead of all the candles mentioned in the link (http://www.luckymojo.com/cutandclear.html). And what other items do I need if I do decide to get the Cut and Clear Glass-Encased Candle? I know I would need the incense & powder.

Thank you

J Simulcik

Re: Cut and Clear Candle

Unread post by J Simulcik » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 am

I assume you mean the candles listed in the spell entitled "A MAGIC SPELL TO DESTROY YOUR PAST CONNECTION TO A LOVER OR FRIEND AND DRAW A NEW AND BETTER LOVER OR FRIEND TO YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE (THE CUT AD CLEAR SPELL)"

If so, the answer is not really. They are being used for two different purposes. A glass-encased vigil is lit over a period of time and is fixed with appropriate herbs, powders, oils to aid in whatever the vigil's purpose is. The candles in the Cut and Clear spell are used as figural representations of people in addition to as candles. You might be able to work it so that the Cut and Clear vigil takes the place of the white "good" candle, but you would still need the black "bad" candle.

Hope that helps.

Maria

Unread post by Maria » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks J Simulcik.

Situation is to clear myself (love and all my feelings to my future ex-husband) and move forward with my life.
Just going through a process of separation right now. I do know that I need the courthouse spell kit.

To clarify:
Vigil candle - would this apply to my situation? OR
Follow the THE CUT AD CLEAR SPELL from the link with the figure candles.
Black Male Figure Candle - would be him right? while I would be the White Female Figure candle
OR do the Black Walnut Spell? Says only to be worked in Fall.

Again, appreciate everyone's feedback.

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Vigil candles can be lit either by you or for you. If you order from Lucky Mojo, the candle will come fixed and ready to burn; light setting is available through Missionary Independent Spiritual Church http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html

Separately from the vigil light, though you can certainly choose to do both, are the Cut and Clear spells on the page you linked. The Black Walnut spell says it can only be worked in the fall because it requires ripe walnuts, which occurs in Sept/Oct. There is a note on how you can use purchased walnuts in the spell, but I have never tried it.

For the figural candles, use a black male to represent your husband and a white male to represent the future love who will retain many of the good qualities from your "good" list. You are essentially splitting off the good things that are keeping you attached to this bad person in order to keep them with you (in a new man) in the future.

Maria

Unread post by Maria » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you! You clarified my concerns. No image to represent me but ONLY MALE figure candles, great!

For the vigil candles - it is an option as well while doing the figural candle spell.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 am

Maria

You can burn the glass enclased candles while you are working, but the spell itself is the most effective.

Mary

Maria

Unread post by Maria » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 am

Thank you Mary.

Tabbylove17

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:57 am

So I have witnessed my ex's girlfriend cheating on him. I have done many break up spells and even a separation candle, so I'm happy that it's showing some signs. I have also ordered a cut and clear candle as well because since she is straying then the cut and clear should severe emotional ties as well right? I have a break up bottle that I am going to turn into a vinegar jar when it arrives, but my main question was about the cut and clear candle.

Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Cut And Clear Candle Question

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:28 pm

I've only used and seen Cut and Clear for someone who WANTS or NEEDS to sever their emotional ties to a particular person/situation - I haven't seen it used to cause someone to stop having the emotions in a coercive manner.

Perhaps someone with more experience with break-up work could help you - however I would stick to Break-Up and Separation condition products, or maybe Inflammatory Confusion.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Usually what I have done in the past is created a heart out of clay, and fixed it with banishing herbs, and lemon leaves to remove the emotions for the person I want them to break away from. Alongside a Cut and Clear Vigil candle

CAN-GLS-CUTA
Cut and Clear Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks for the tip stars!

silver_disc

Unread post by silver_disc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:41 pm

starsinthesky7

This is really great! :D
I'd modify it a little though, "splitting" the heart into half while it's still wet, then pushing both of your personal concerns (Hair, or sexual fluids) along with the suitable herbs into each half respectively, then writing your names on either half, then leaving them on opposite sides of a crossroads.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Sorry I did not elaborate more high priestest. I do split the heart like a broken heart, and drive it to a crossroads. Sorry I didnt explain myself better earlier. I was a little side track, but yes I dress the candle and the heart with the appropriate personal concerns, and herbs. then I take it to a crossroads, and break it hard in the middle of a road. I have done this quite a few times, and it has worked pretty well for me.

silver_disc

Unread post by silver_disc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:21 am

starsinthesky7

Ah okay, my apologies if you took offense in any way..

It really is a great suggestion though! :D

eagerbeaver88

cut and clear candle keeps going out

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:54 am

I am trying to do a cut and clear candle to forget about my ex and stop having emotional feelings towards her but it keeps going out when I relight it, what could this mean?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: cut and clear candle keeps going out

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 am

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:11 am

You probably want to get a reading done on the situation. Sounds like there may be something else going on (assuming that you've checked for all mundane explanations for the candle going out repeatedly, such as it being in a strong draft, or someone coming along and blowing it out).

You might need to look deeper into the situation, and do some other work on yourself or the situation, before the Cut N Clear will be effective. Like perhaps some cleansing baths like Cast off Evil, or Cut n Clears, to help dissolve the energies connecting you two. I personally wouldn't rely on just a vigil candle in that situation - have you or are you also doing the full spell as well? The candle could simply be letting you know that it's not enough for this case.

But only a reader can help you find out exactly what is happening. You can contact one through the AIRR.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:47 pm

eagerbeaver88

You should do a black walnut bath. Also, the vigil candles are back-up. Have you done the actual ritual spell with the black and white candle? Sometimes this ritual has to be repeated if it is a tough case.

Mary

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 pm

no I havent thanks literary...I have had many different readings and they all pretty much say the same thing, that this girl will never commit to me because thats the way she is, she is seeing someone else now and I do still care for her but i want to cut her out of my life and move on..

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 pm

eagerbeaver88

Then do the black walnut bath and the actual Cut & Clear ritual with the black and white candles. It works very well. When you hear her name, you won't even care. It will be as if she is a total stranger to you.

Mary

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Its kinda hard to cut someone out of your life when you still care about them. Im referring to another thread you have recently posted about freezing someone else out of their life. If you truly want to move on, then your intentions and feelings need to be aligned with your spellwork. Personally, i would not continue doing work on someone regardless of what it is, and then trying to do a clear and cut. Thats like trying to do a come to me spell to get a new lover, but you staying in your house 24/7. You're intentions are not aligned with your work.

DestinyAndFate

Cut And Clear Candle Question

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi, I'm going to do the Cut and Clear Vigil Candle spell tonight but I have a question, when it says to burn the piece of paper in the flame, Do I actually let it burn in the candle, and another question about saying the Psalm 23. How many times do I need to say it? Thanks, and sorry if this question has already been asked.

-Michelle

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, burning the paper is a big part of the spell, it is the feelings and wants that you want to be rid of burning up, so its not something to be skipped. As for the psalm, I'd pray it once as I set the paper to burn up.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm

I think what she wants to know does it need to be burned IN the candle.

I would say probably not as it would smother the flame, but I have never done that spell.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

freegirl

Yes, thats what I wanted to know is if you should burn it in the candle, and ya thats what I thought too it would smother the flame, if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know thanks. :)

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm

DestinyAndFate and freegirl

Oh, woops :oops:

I'd let it burn up in a small fire proof dish, a bowl or the like, buy it second hand and get rid of it when the spell it done.

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Been there, done that!

First time I did it, I held the tightly folded up paper in my fingers, let it catch fire, then dropped it in. After it landed in the liquid wax, it absorbed the wax and stopped burning. The half-charred paper eventually went to the bottom as the candle burned, but the paper never burned all the way up. In fact, that darn thing turned into the shape of a black heart at the bottom of the candle, which was weird and unsettling.

Now what I do is have a small dish filled with a layer of salt. I leave enough of a corner on the paper that I can hold it until it's almost all the way burned, then drop the last burning bit into the salt. Afterwards, I mash the ashes into the salt with some red pepper and dispose of it into running water.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Thank you guys! I'll try to find a fire proof dish.

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 pm

DestinyAndFate

Keep in mind that most ashtrays are just simple glass. Also, salt extinguishes fire. If you want to get all fancy, you could get a special dish, but I just use a tiny ceramic bowl. And I don't throw it away afterwards. The remains get thrown out, but I wash and spiritually cleanse the dish. Not a big production.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 pm

MightyAphrodite and DestinyAndFate

How would you spirtually clean the dish? And thanks for all your help! :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:32 pm

People cleanse objects and candles in different ways. Some people use Ammonia, other people use urine, and other's Florida Water, Holy Water etc. Its up to you.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

One of my quickie cleansing tips is this. I have a 16oz spray bottle filled with a bit of concentrated natural household cleaner, a bit of Chinese Wash (from Lucky Mojo) and a few drops of Uncrossing oil that I use for regular housecleaning tasks. So my house isn't just clean--it's mojo clean, every time I clean!

Then for things like dishes that might have held salt or caught wax, I collect and dispose of as much remains as possible. Then I take a moment to ground energy off of the ritual item. Clean it up with the mojo spray. Put it in the dishwasher and done. Again, I try not to get too fussy. Hoodoo is already a lot of "work," if you ask me. So I take some short cuts when practical. There are some objects I wouldn't reuse, but buying special dishes and throwing them away seems wasteful. Just clean up.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks, Ya I just want to simplfiy things not make them more complicated so to speak lol.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Incense burners work well. I have been using the brass one I got at Lucky Mojo to burn darker petition papers etc. works a charm!

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I use Indian lamp dishes. They are either clay or copper, and range from 1" to about 3" in diameter. These are great for one off things, but the copper ones are nice and reusable. I have HEAPS of them. They're good to hold thin candles, incense powder/cones, salt, water, whatever you need. You could have one of those on hand to put your burned up paper in.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks everyone!

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Ok, I have a question I just started this spell last evening, and the candle for some reason doesn't seem to be going down, or its going way too slow, I'm just wondering is there something wrong with the candle or is it just burning really slow? It just doesn't seem to be making any progress... Now this is my first time lighting one of these vigil candles so maybe its just me, I don't know, anyhow if anyone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Vigl light is a lot of wax. Give it time, and let it do its thing. Its kind of like watching a pot of water boil.

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:59 pm

It's quite common for vigils to start off slow with small flames. Sometimes the wax pools so much that it puts the flame out (or nearly out.) Try not to stress, because that just makes your energy off. Your candle will probably get momentum going by tomorrow. Even if it doesn't, it's not a big deal. Just do your spell and let it do it's thing.

DestinyAndFate

Unread post by DestinyAndFate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks.

Tabbylove17

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:25 pm

I normally just wash mine like a regular dish then I put it in a bath of vinegar and sea salt or kosher salt and then I put my dominate hand in the water and I speak from my hear to God to cleanse this bowl, dish, or whatever I have and then I take it out and let it air dry.

merrygerry
cut & clear candle - petition

Unread post by merrygerry » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi,

I got a reading from an AIRR rootworker about reconciliation work and she suggested that in addition to road opener I try a Cut & Clear candle to clear away any bad memories and misconceptions about what had happened between us in the past.

In reading the description of the Cut & Clear products, it seems like it's for cutting / clearing away the relationship - I don't want to do that - I want the person to remember the part that he loved and let the things that were difficult fade from memory. I don't doubt that the rootworker was correct - she said I would use it to clear away the bramble from the road.

My question is how to I word the petition to achieve cutting away the bad but not cutting away the good? I'm having it burned on the MISC altar along w/ a Road Opener candle. Should I use similar verbiage - "to open the road to his heart" kind of thing?

Or is it going to be counterproductive to what I want to achieve to do Cut & Clear at all - is there another candle that would do the same work to remove the "brambles" of of negativity between us? I know there were things that I did that were greatly hurtful to him and had to do w/ immaturity and those are the memories and conceptions I'd like to clear away. To let him know that I've grown up and have left the crazy chaos of youth behind me. I also think he might be embarrassed about things on his side and I'd like to let him know I know he's better now too.

According to two different AIRR rootworkers and an MISC candle report, there's still a lot of love and affection for me on his part, I want to hang on to that and just lose the not-so-great memories that might be blocking a reconcilliation.

Thoughts / advice?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: cut & clear candle - petition

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

I would follow the advice of the rootworker and do the Cut and Clear with the intention to " to clear away any bad memories and misconceptions about what had happened between us in the past" as you stated yourself. Do the work suggested. Be confident in the work suggested. Period.

Crescent Moon
Cut and Clear Candles burning with a split down the side

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello again Bros and sis's it's me again, this is my second week on my Cut and Clear yellow votive candles.. the first week burned perfect and now on the second week on the assigned day (today) my cut and clear is burning with a split down the side facing North. I redid another one cause it scared the heck out of me and I didn't want it to burn like that.... so the second one started out like it wanted to split, did good for about five minutes, now it seems to be splitting along the side and it's filling in the candle holder. I researched the LM site on this matter and I found everything but about splitting. Can someone enlighten me
Happy I found LM I love this place

Thank You St.Expedite 4 help you gave me w/ haste Thank you 4 blessing me now & forever, I will spread ur Love & your name everywhere I go
Thank you St. Michael Archangel 4 protection & guidance

Crescent Moon
Re: Cut and Clear Candles burning with a split down the side

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Oh yeah almost forgot! how do it get rid of the rest of the unused candle, can I put it the rest of stuff that I will taken to the crossroad? (The one that was burning with a skinny split down the side of it)

Thank You St.Expedite 4 help you gave me w/ haste Thank you 4 blessing me now & forever, I will spread ur Love & your name everywhere I go

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:00 pm

The candle splitting might be indicative of the work you are doing since this is a cut and clear, I would say that those are favorable results somehow. But I could be wrong. You might want to get a reading done about this.

cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:24 pm

i've done the cut and clear spells where the figural candle i was burning sort of split and broke apart, though finally most of it burnt out. i considered that good results coz the work was meant to break things apart! if you're worried though, you should get a reading.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Get another reading? I just had one two weeks ago... I wish I could afford it...but now after reading your reply I feel better about it cause now the cut and clear is burning perfectly...I guess that would make sense.... *I am so excited I feel my work working*.... Thank you Starinthesky7 and cabriellenil...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:56 pm

well I didnt mean get a reading today lol, but just note it and ask about it the next time you do get one. You shouldnt get readings too often anyways. Good luck to you and hope your work continues to go well.

thegoldman

Unread post by thegoldman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi everyone!
What color candle would you use in this situation? Cat lists either a black&white or a yellow. I have the oil and would like to do the same thing.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 pm

thegoldman

One black and one white.

Crescent Moon
Search for missing day of lighting Cut and Clear

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

I missed lighting my Cut & Clear Candle yesterday, I search the forum couldn't find any advice on what do I do now... do I wait for the next time on my reg. day to lite or what? :(

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Search for missing day of lighting Cut and Clear

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Yes continue your spell work just as you have been. Then you may have to repeat, or do a vigil light for the situation again. Missing a day can show the lack of dedication and focus to the work by the petitioner.

Crescent Moon
Re: Search for missing day of lighting Cut and Clear

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you! again Starinthesky7

Vera

Unread post by Vera » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 am

I had a Cut & Clear candle lit. Used LM bath salts since I did not have any oil. However, the candle flame went out twice. No draft around it as I have another candle ongoing next to it with no problem.
Is my work experiencing resistance? Not sure what to make of it.
Blessings.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:37 am

Not sure what you mean you used bath salts since you didn't have any oil. Did you dress a candle using bath salts? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Vera

Unread post by Vera » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Sorry was not specific. Used olive oil and rolled the candle with bath salt.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Cut and Clear Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Here is the Cut and Clear candle:

CAN-GLS-CUTA
Cut and Clear Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

catherine yronwode

Kia1OLY

Cut & Clear Burn

Unread post by Kia1OLY » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 am

I have a question about the cut and clear candle. Is it supposed to burn black or clear? I'm burning 2 and they are burning rather dark is that a good thing because its working and removing the unresolved issues? I know that when removing obstacles they should burn black like a break up candle but in this case I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm thinking it should burn clear because its apart of the name. lol! Thanks for any help or advice.

MaryBee
Forum Moderator
Re: Cut & Clear Burn

Unread post by MaryBee » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 am

If I were burning Cut and Clear candles and they were sooty/black on the glass, I'd interpret that as I have a lot of issues to clear up and they're not going easily. I would do some Cut and Clear baths while these candles are burning to really remove the obstacles.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”