• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Deer's Tongue Leaves Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Deer's Tongue Leaves Questions and Answers

New postby Miss_Liz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:57 pm

I just bought some deer's tongue to use on my fiance to open up to me more, and was wondering how I should implement this. I have a honey jar and dolly, should I just add the herbs to the dolly's box and in the honey jar? I'll probably powder some and roll a candle in it too. What oil should I use on the candle, though? I have FMB, Dixie Love, EofBO, Come to Me and Jezebel root. It's one of those, I know he loves me, but would like to hear it more often thing, which I've told him but figure it would be worth giving him a magic push too.
Miss_Liz

Re: Deer's Tongue

New postby catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:00 pm

All your ideas are good ones. Dixie Love is very sweet for confiding, intimate love. Add some Deer's Tongue to that for eluoquence in speech and you are ready to rock.

HER-DEE-LEAF
Deer's Tongue Leaf
$3.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

How to use deers tongue

New postby spirit » Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 am

I have just ordered deers tongue and a white bride and grooms candle to help me in getting me boyfriend to propose to me.
How would i use this best. I have been working a honey jar for a year now and it has helped tremendously but please advise me on how to use these two new ingredients in getting to me goal.
All help is so much appreciated.

spirit
spirit

Re: How to use deers tongue

New postby Tania_Washington » Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

After you learn can you teach me? I'm new to all of this.. I'm already married but hes a bit stbborn at times.. How did the honey work for you.. What did you have to do? ;)
Tania_Washington

New postby Turnsteel » Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm

spirit wrote:I have just ordered deers tongue and a white bride and grooms candle to help me in getting me boyfriend to propose to me.
How would i use this best. I have been working a honey jar for a year now and it has helped tremendously but please advise me on how to use these two new ingredients in getting to me goal.
All help is so much appreciated.

spirit

I would dress the candle with Marriage Oil. Carve out the mouth of the groom and sprinkle in some of the Deers Tongue that you have reduced to a powder. Seal the mouth up with dripped on wax and burn the candle on a petition paper as you prayer for him to speak his love and ask for your hand in marriage.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby Tania_Washington » Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 pm

I recently purchased a beefs tounge for my husbands court case.. Im trying to get him out of jail.. What should i do? do you know? and thanks for replying to my 1st message
Tania_Washington

New postby Miss Tammie Lee » Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Have a reading with a member of AIRR. It sounds like you have a lot going on great for you and some other issues. I recommend, as soon as possible:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

New postby Tania_Washington » Mon May 23, 2011 7:34 pm

yeah i do... Thank you ill try and look into a reader asap
Tania_Washington

New postby starsinthesky7 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:35 am

I agree. You need to see how likely it would be to even get him out of jail. And you may want to employ a rootworker as well.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

New postby spirit » Tue May 24, 2011 1:57 pm

I would dress the candle with Marriage Oil. Carve out the mouth of the groom and sprinkle in some of the Deers Tongue that you have reduced to a powder. Seal the mouth up with dripped on wax and burn the candle on a petition paper as you prayer for him to speak his love and ask for your hand in marriage.

Thats brilliant, I am going to try this tomorrow I really really hope this works, thanks you so much for this wonderful spell.
:) I am very excited to see the results! Would I just let the whole bride and groom candle melt away?

Thank you so much to everyone for helping me!
spirit

New postby Turnsteel » Tue May 24, 2011 2:15 pm

spirit wrote:Thats brilliant, I am going to try this tomorrow I really really hope this works, thanks you so much for this wonderful spell.
:) I am very excited to see the results! Would I just let the whole bride and groom candle melt away?

Thank you so much to everyone for helping me!

Yup, burn it all down. If you have a honey jar, and if the candle can sit safely on the metal lid (a bit of melted wax will help it stay) then I would burn it on the jar, if it won't sit safely on the jar burn it in front of the jar.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

New postby spirit » Wed May 25, 2011 2:53 am

done! its set and now all it needs is to start working!!!!
spirit

New postby spirit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:30 am

Ok, so i still donät see any change! Could I have done it wrong?
spirit

New postby aura » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:16 am

Spirit,

you can get a reading or do a pendulum yes/no check to find out if the work is taking. that said, please keep in mind that Conjure isn't an instant-gratification scratch and win ticket to your desires. as others in this forum have so aptly commented on many occasions, this is root-WORK and that does mean dedication, patience and faith in what you're doing.

1 - you didn't do the work very long ago, give it time
2 - you're working in conjunction with your honey jar and honey jars can be long to manifest so: give it time
3 - you may also want to consult a member of the AIRR (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ootworkers) and have them work on the job as well and/or schedule some magical coaching if you're worried that you did it wrong

But do stay confident in the work and continue to pray and work your honey jar faithfully. You can even fix the candles you burn on the honey jar with deer's tongue to help things along.

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

New postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Spirit, you just started this work. This thread is only a couple weeks old. Magic takes time to take effecct.

How fast you get results is contingent upon how big of a change you are trying to make, the reistance to that change, and other factors. For example if your man is against marriage then it is going to take a great deal of work to change that. If it is against his nature you are for an uphill battle.

All things to consider. More importantly give your work time.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Weights of Deer's Tongue packet

New postby Readerwoman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 pm

I need 2 ounces of deer's tongue - but I can't find, on the order pages, anywhere that a specific size is given to the herb when ordering. I can order "1" deer's tongue - $3.00, but what are the weights on the packages of the herbs ordered? :?
Readerwoman

Re: Weights of Deer's Tongue packet

New postby Miss Bri » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:55 pm

You will need to contact the shop to see how much deers tongue comes in a pack. Lucky Mojo keeps their herb prices uniform ($3/pack) by varying the weight according to the cost of the plant. So you may get more deers tongue in a pack than say, goldenseal--which is very rare and expensive.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

New postby jwmcclin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:23 pm

The description reads like this on the website: "Rather than continually update our prices based on the cost of herbs (which fluctuate depending on weather conditions, political situations, and crop failures), we have decided to keep all the prices in this section uniform and to vary the weight by the type of magic herb and its rarity.

Generally the green herbs will completely stuff full one of our 3" x 5" packets, while brown roots will have about half that volume, due to their greater density and the fact that the plants must be sacrificed in order to gather the roots. Some rare and slow-growing roots (such as Ginseng and Golden Seal) will be supplied in very small quantities, yet still sufficient to perform a spell or add them to a mojo bag."

This gives you an idea, and of course follow Miss Bri's advice and call the shop for specifics.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Weights and Sizes on herb products?

New postby Readerwoman » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank you - I am deaf, and don't "do" phones, but will have someone call for me and see how many packages I need... nothing I need is rare (golden seal or whatever) so I can just hope there will be enough for my purpose! Thanks again.
Readerwoman

New postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 pm

You can also email the shop -- the mail goes to our office manager, Angela. Explain what you want to know and why, and why you are emailing rather than calling, and she will go out to the shop and weigh out packs until she gets yopu an answer. Her email is order@luckymojo.com -- but please allow a couple of days for her to reply as Angela is off on Sunday and Monday (her "weekend") and the woman who normally takes her place on those days, Della, is off due to a death in her family and will not be in this week at all. Or do as you originally planned and have someone phone for you. Amnyone can weigh the packets -of Deer's Tongue -- we have scales in the lab.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Deer's Tongue

New postby Gre8tDane » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

Hello,

Has anyone used Deer's Tongue for work/job related work?

I heard it works for rootwork with job/work but cannot find material to back this up.

I have seen references for court and love but that is it.

Thanks, :D

Gre8tDane Momma
Gre8tDane

Re: Deer's Tongue Leaves Questions and Answers

New postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am

The reason Deer's Tongue is not a "go-to" herb for jobs and work-relation situations is not because it is a bad choice or inapprpriate for such situations. Rather it is because not all jobs or workplaces involve verbal skills.

A carpenter, for instance, is not hired for his ability to form eloquent sentences, but rather for his ability to visualize components arrayed in 3-dimensional space and to fit them together with precise hand-eye coordination, while also having the physical strength necessary to hoist and put into place objects of considerable mass.

Likewise, a job as a fashion designer requires very little in the way of verbal skills, and what is wanted is an understanding of fitting components together in 3-dimensional space, an exquisite sensitivity to colour, and a deep appreciation for texture, weight, and washability when selecting fabrics.

So there is no reason to add Deer's Tngue to job-enhancing mojo bags for job-getting in situations where the job does not require verbal excellence.

But if you want a job as a writer, copy-editor, lawyer, reporter, transcriber, or spokesperson, yes, you would use it in your job-getting hand.

HER-DEE-LEAF
Deer's Tongue Leaf
$3.00

Another use for Deer's Tongue Leaves is to ameliorate actual defects in speaking such as aphasia and speech apraxia. See this thread, "My Son and Stuttering," for an example of how Deer's Tongue enters into folk-magical remedies for speech problems:

my-son-and-stuttering--t17463.html#p91360
Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

New postby Gre8tDane » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks so much Cat I appreciate the input. It is def not for a "speaking" job I work in Healthcare but with Insurance, Brokers and Home Health Care Agencies on the inside end so this would def not be what I need. Ty again.

Gre8tDane Momma
Gre8tDane

New postby markx » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 am

I'm trying to get someone to contact me, would it be better to go with Deer Tongue or Tobacco? I'm going to mix with Liquorish and Calamus
markx

Deer's Tongue Substitute?

New postby Indian_conjure » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:53 pm

In Hoodoo almost every intention has multiple herbs that effect the respected domain but when it comes to eloquence and speech I only hear Deer's Tongue and not any other herb. So is there any other herbs which can grant eloquence of speech like Deer's Tongue can? I knw this herb is available in Luckymojo I am just asking this question out of curiosity.
Indian_conjure

Re: Deer's Tongue Substitute?

New postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Indian_Conjure! I see you have been in the Lucky Mojo Forum for a while.

Although there are many herbs, oils, spells and prayers that work with Deer's Tongue, as far as I know other than links I could link you up with products that could further your endeavors; there is no substitute in the context that you have asked.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

http://www.herb-magic.com/deers-tongue.html

If there is more to your question, please post or you may do a search in the upper right hand corner of the forum for further information.

Thank you and Be Blessed!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Re: Deer's Tongue Substitute?

New postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Indian_Conjure,

Why should we offer you a substitute when we already sell Deer's Tongue for $3.00 per packet?

We are here to help our customers learn to how to order, use, and work with hoodoo supplies that we sell in our shop via mail order.

If the information you want from us in the forum is not directly related to that mission, it is off-topic.

You have already received 3 board warnings.

1)
catherineyronwode 166.137.208.27 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 pm
The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=119976#p119976 .
Your post was deleted. This is a product forum for the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. And is financially supported by the Lucky Mojo shop for the benefit of our customers.

2)
catherineyronwode 70.36.137.11 Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=118857#p118857 .
This thread was deleted. We cannot help you with proportions of ingredients for the oils that you make. This forum is maintained and financially supported by the Lucky Mojo Curio So. and is for the use and help of our customers. It is not a general forum about the practice of magic. Good luck, and thanks for understanding. --cat

3)
catherineyronwode 70.36.137.129 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:16 am
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=87236#p87236 .
This post and the entire thread it started was deleted. You are posting to the Lucky Mojo Forum -- we cannot help you find herbs in India. We do ship to India, should you wish to use our services.

4)
This is your FOURTH WARNING. You have been told three times before that this is a product forum for Lucky Mojo products and that you are abusing our service by coming here to ask for substitution herbs and even to ask for us to reveal our private formulas. You are hereby banned from further participation in the forum. Goodbye. --cat

So, regretfully, with that FOURTH WARNING, Indian_Conjure has been deleted from Forum membership.

I think the Deer's Tongue Questions and Answers thread, which is about precision and clarity of speech, is an excellent thread in which to make this decision plain, obvious, and final.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

• Please visit our Occult Sister-Sites
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork