Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

Mia

Re: Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

Unread post by Mia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Mia,
I'm sorry but it really would be close to impossible to figure out any of this without a reading. There's too many conflicting messages in what's happening to you and what you're dreaming.
I can suggest our readers and root workers (members of AIRR) to you.
Take a look and see which one you think it good for you: http://readersandrootworkers.org.
I wish you the very best.
Thank you very much for your answer , I have to say I an very confused as well and thank you for the link pertaining to root readers , I will have a reading with one of them and then tell you how I get on any particular recommendations?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 am

Good Morning, Mia,
They're all excellent.
You just have to browse their specialties, relax, and let spirit guide you as to which one to chose.
Wishing you the very best.
Take care.
HRCC Graduate #1631

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 am

I have a difficult situation on my hands right now and am petitioning a few saints for their assistance. Namely, St. Rita, St. Anthony, St. Jude and St. Expedite.

While i really need help in this matter, I am curious if what I am doing is incorrect. I posted sometime earlier, a novena to the Thirteen Blessed Souls, which of course, asks Jesus and his 12 disciples for intercession. So with that, I am thinking it shouldn't be wrong to ask multiple saints for help with the same problem. However, does it appear I do not have faith in any one saint in particular to assist me? In my mind, I am not doubting their ability to help; it is more like sending out your resume to multiple companies and hope for a call back from one of them. I have had some interesting signs so far, but no movement yet.

Has anyone had any experience with something similar to this? Or would I be better off petitioning them one at a time, and moving on to the nextifthe first one doesn't wish to help?

I am using LM's all saints and fast luck oils on the candles. I am thinking about having MISC light some candles for me as well.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:48 am

Are you saying you have asked Jesus and the 12 disciples for their intercession? ...did you receive a response?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

The first time I did the novena to the Thirteen Blessed Souls, it worked. The second time for a different matter, it didn't. I opted not to work that novena for this issue.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Hello, Whistler,
Every root worker has different ways of achieving the same goals but by different means.
I prefer praying to one at a time and establish a relationship with them. When I pray to more than one at a time, it seems that just words are coming out of my mouth and not the emotions (nor the feeling of anyone understanding my emotions). Just seems too formal for me (and you need informality to establish a "heart-felt" mutual bond.
That's just me.
Hope this helps
Take Care
HRCC Graduate #1631

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks Miss Aida. I think St. Rita is "speaking" the most to me right now. I feel more drawn to her. But it could just be my intuition going haywire as I am a little bit stressed.
But thanks for taking the time to reply.

P.s.. at the time of my posting this, your post count is at 666. Kinda weird..

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:17 am

Whistler!
If someone is calling you (as is St. Rita), PLEASE listen and don't misinterpret your intuition. Experience tells us that when we ignore our intuition, we regret it in the long run.
AS far as that 666 goes........
OH NO!!!! LOL !!!!
Seriously, I remember a long time ago, the Pope came to our State. The Lottery number that night was: 666.
I view this as a sign that goodness and righteousness is at hand and that the "other side" is trying to scare us into running away. So, this is just reinforcement to me that you ought to work with one entity AND (as you had stated), it's St Rita.
Take care!!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:40 pm

What are the usual weaknesses and methods of protection from Djinn? I've heard that they don't like salt and iron, and I've heard some say they don't like silver either. I ask not because I'm worried about one, but I'm writing a book series and want to make sure to do my homework.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Good Evening, Luckbewithme876,
We will have to wait for Conjureman Ali to answer your question. He is the expert.
Just don't know when he'll be dropping by the forum (he's very busy).
Take care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

blackkitten

Unread post by blackkitten » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Only a Sheikh/walli/aamil can invoke/conjure Djinn. This involves fasting, and certain rituals which can be between 7-30 days even more.
The Sheikh is sometimes not able to speak to anyone for a long period (while summoning the Djinn). It also depends on what the Djinn is for and they are not all about bad things. Djinns can assist in love matters and finance too, however ultimately it is all up to Allah.
Having said that, a Djinn is not something you just buy for $100. It has to be prepared to one's specific situation.
Asalaam Aleyikum.

blackkitten

Unread post by blackkitten » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:05 am

Also in Islam, you can be treated for things like black magic, demonic possession, evil eye by having Ruqyah performed for you or if you are Muslim you can perform it on your self.
Ruqyah involves the recitation of the Holy Quran (Al Fatiha, ayatul kursi the last two verses of Suratul Baqarah and the last three Suras of the Quran)
If you can get zam zam water it is preferred, however you can boil water and recite 3, 5, 7 times and blow over the water.
Drink from this water in the morning, afternoon and before going to bed and also you can wipe yourself with this water (from top to bottom) if you will feel any pains in your body.
Use your left hand to hold the cup you drink from-

It is done in odd numbers

Dee

Unread post by Dee » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 am

I have been working with one saint for a couple of years now. I was wondering if it is appropriate to ask a Saint to help with more than one issue? I have petitioned one to help me for something and now I have some other pressing issues. Is it more effective to burn a separate candle for a separate request? Or just add another petition to the candle I currently have burning?

stillsosola

Unread post by stillsosola » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:35 pm

hmm good question I wonder myself I like to think spirits and saints since they are in heaven well most of them anyway are more powerful than ourselves and are able to grant you multiple requests I try to have a friendly relationship with my santos I light candles and tell them about my day adding petitions if need be and then thanking them for listening always come to the spirits and santos humbly

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:39 pm

If you have a good working relationship with the saint, why not light separate candles for separate issues? When I work with saints, I ask for one thing at a time or I make specific separate requests, often with separate petitions and candles.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

funnypupster

Unread post by funnypupster » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 pm

I am not sure if this has been answered somewhere already, but I wanted to know how I can go about properly thanking God and the Spirits for helping me out. And I don't mean ONLY after my wish/petition has been answered. I am using LM oils every day and they obviously help me be more attractive, eloquent, etc. So I should definitely properly thank all Spiritual Entities who have made this possible. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 am

funnypupster, there are may ways to show your appreciate to your allies. Many of them are listed here in the forums. I would highly recommend searching around a bit to get some ideas. Here are some of my favorite, and simple, things that shows this appreciation.

-Create an altar for these spirits and leave offerings. This can be something as simple as a bowl of water, a flower, or a small plate of food.
-Say your prayers of gratitude.
-Go to church and make offerings, either with money or your time, to help the community.
-Volunteer to help those less fortunate than yourself.

Being grateful and expressing that gratitude (with words, prayers, or actions) is some of the most powerful work that you can do. Not only does this show that you are thankful for Their divine assistance, but it helps to keep the good stuff coming into your life!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

funnypupster

Unread post by funnypupster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank you Miss Phoenix! That was very helpful! :)

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 pm

How does one work with the Virgin Mary in general as a whole? Does anyone know what her specific apparitions are petitioned for? Is it also true that she can be petitioned for any good/just cause you can think of?

Also, will a spirit sometimes try to twist your words around in order to give you something you don't want? Meaning that one would have to be very careful in choosing one's words when petitioning a spirit? I'm guessing this would be especially true for something like a demon.

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

I believe with spirits it is best to have a very very clear and well worded petition, so nothing can be mistaken.

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Alright, thought so. Thank you for answering. :0

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello, Luckbewithme876,
Yes, you can work with the Virgin Mary for almost everything.
And here is a list of Saints for you to browse www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html
Now, if you're talking about general spirits (as opposed to Saints), yes, that could happen if it is a pestilent spirit (but why would you petition one of them?).
As Shantilly Lace has stated, always be clear and concise with your petitions (no matter who you are petitioning.
I always tell folks to write down their request and think about it, revise it, etc., before making it. Then, if you're praying more than once, use that piece of paper to make the request consistent.
Take care

Luckbewithme876 wrote:How does one work with the Virgin Mary in general as a whole? Does anyone know what her specific apparitions are petitioned for? Is it also true that she can be petitioned for any good/just cause you can think of?

Also, will a spirit sometimes try to twist your words around in order to give you something you don't want? Meaning that one would have to be very careful in choosing one's words when petitioning a spirit? I'm guessing this would be especially true for something like a demon.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Thank you. I wasn't planning on petitioning a bad spirit, but it wouldn't hurt to know.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 am

Hi Luckbewithme876,

A good way of working with the Virgin Mary is through the use of Novena or by saying the Rosary (or at least, that's the way she's petitionned and worked with in the Catholic Faith which is where she has a great following). You could also go to a Catholic Church and burn a lampion to her there. For her different apparitions, here's a short list:

Our Lady of Fatima - Establish a relationship with her by saying the rosary regularly and taking at least 15 minutes each week to meditate on her Immaculate Heart. She is petitionned for atonement and forgiveness from wrong action, for peace and for an end to war.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help - She is petitionned for refuge, relief from anxiety and fear and for anything needed - even if you feel it is trite or frivolous.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel - She is petitionned for protection of the person and family as well as when one needs a sense of belonging (family). If you have an altar for this apparition of the Mother, a scapular is appropriate to keep there. You could also wear one while working with her.
The Mother of Sorrows (Mater Dolorosa) - She is petitionned in times of grief and pain (due to death of someone close) or when one has a child in pain.
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal - To work with this apparition, it is customary to have (and wear!) a Miraculous Medal (also known as a Medal of the Immaculate Conception). Usually, wearers are in search of and working toward Grace, sanctity and a purer, more Holy life.
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Patron of Mexico and only apparition of Mary in the Americas. She can be appealed to for comfort, love, protection and acceptance without judgment. Roses are an appropriate offering for her (as well as for most forms of the Virgin Mary).
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart - For help with devotion and surrender (to God) as well as salvation of the eternal soul. Also for mercy and clemency from the courts and help in difficult/desperate causes.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:16 am

Wow thanks! :D The Rosary is great because I already have one and pray it fairly regularly. Is there any particular "face" of hers that's petitioned for romance and/or money?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 am

For romance and/or money I'd work with Our Lady of Perpetual Help. That said, you might also want to consider a Saint more suited to those areas such as San Martin Caballero for money. For long-lasting marriage type love the Virgin is wonderful, but for romantic one-night-stand type of stuff - I'd stay away. For domination in love, consider Saint-Martha th
Aura Laforest

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 am

For romance and/or money I'd work with Our Lady of Perpetual Help. That said, you might also want to consider a Saint more suited to those areas such as San Martin Caballero for money. For long-lasting marriage type love the Virgin is wonderful, but for romantic one-night-stand type of stuff - I'd stay away. For domination in love (if you're a woman), consider Saint-Martha the dominator.
Aura Laforest

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 am

I didn't think she's the type to go to for one night stands anyways. I was just wondering what part of her to work for those purposes with since I feel a strong connection for her and her lore. Thanks again Aura.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Missionary Independent Spiritual Church is proud to announce the publication of :Hoodoo Bible Magicc: Sacred Secrets of Scriptural Sorcery" by Miss Michaele and Professor Charles Porterfield.

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo-bible-magic.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm having an issue out there and I didn't find a general topic/discussion about saints. How one can tell if a specific saint will agree to help you for a specific job on mind? Are we to ask a general assistance to all of the saints for a specific help and follow the saint which sign appears to us, meaning that he/she agrees to help us? For example if you ask St-Peter for help, but you are seeing/encountering St-Martha's name instead afterwards, does it means that for this specific request St-Martha is willing to help, but do not disturb St-Peter with a petition? I tried to find info about that on the LM site, but there was info how to request a specific saint's help, not how to find which one will agree to help us. Maybe I missed the info, as there is so much to read, so please help on this one as ot is an important question. Thanks for everything!!! :?

Thank you Sacred Heart of Jesus!
Thank you St-Jude, I believe in your help!
Thank you St-Antony for your help!!!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Dragonfly72, all of you 'examples.' are about, in my opinion, how you build or develop a relationship with Saints. Sometimes the answer may come in a dream, or as you mentioned above. I would get a reading and ask. I will use a personal example, each time, I have lost an item, of course, I petition Saint Anthony, he responds immediately, how? Well all of a sudden, where that item is located comes to my mind. There maybe once just maybe twice, I did not receive an answer, but each time, that particular item was not really "lost." :roll:

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks for the info! However if you ask say St-Jude for help but you see suddenly the name of another saint popping out, does it means that the other saint should be petitioned instead, even if started to petition St-Jude first? What about continuing working with St-Jude? Thanks again, I don't know if my question is clear enough...Basically what if you are working with a saint and suddenly another saint's name appears everywhere instead of the name of the first one? What does it means???

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 28, 2014 6:34 pm

No, your question is not clear enough, and use the actual situation, if not too personal. Now, St. Jude never really appreciated my asking for help, and I'm thinking that it was because the situation was not a hopeless cause. And you know what, it was not. But as I said earlier asking a reader to verify is the way to go...no guesswork.

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks for the reply! A concrete example may be the fact that suddenly I'm seeing the name "St-Martin" and "Martin". I didn't ask St-Martin for help. However I did ask St-Martha for assistance. Is it possible that she is giving me these signs? But then, why not seeing St-Martha or Martha? Thanks for the feedback, well appreciated!

Thank you St-Anthony for your immense help, you reconfort me!
Thank you Sacred Heart of Jesus for all the healing!
Thank you St-Jude!
Thank you St-Martha!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello, Dragonfly72,
I agree with jwmcclin, get a reading on this. It's very difficult for us to guess at what this means.
Otherwise, you may want to light candle to St Martin and see if he gives you anymore signs.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mushu

Unread post by Mushu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:59 am

Hey everyone, I'd really appreciate some help.

I had a consultation with Deacon Millett, regarding my love life (what else! haha). He suggested that I visit the graves of my ex's ancestors to pay my respects to them and apologise.

My problem is, I've searched high and low for records of where his ancestors are buried, but I can't even find his mother's birth records. I have no idea what her mother's maiden name was, and definitely no idea about graveyard sites. Given he's my ex, I can't exactly ask.

So, given I'm half chinese, my idea was to get in touch with them in much the same manner I would if I was taoist. That is to say, set up an ancestor altar and burn petitions to heaven (or hell, depending on where you think they've ended up).
This is the basic idea, but does anyone have any better ideas regarding how to contact his ancestors? Are there any lucky mojo products which could help? It's the fact that they're not my ancestors which makes me hesitate when it comes to the chinese idea... :?

Thanks very much

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Mushu, this is a hoodoo forum, so few of us could help you with Taoist work. But if you are familiar with it, I don't see why you shouldn't work that way.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Mushu

Unread post by Mushu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Miss Michaele,

I'd sort of prefer hoodoo work on this family actually, because they're not Chinese I feel uneasy about using taoist work. So, I apologise, this question was really badly worded!

Basically, can anyone help as to how to contact ancestors who aren't yours when you have no idea where they're buried or what their names are?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Could you make a spirit jar, or other work ( which Id love to here suggestions) and say I call on the spirits of (his names) decent, or more specific I call on ( his name and birthday) mother.. use candles, use divination , ask what they offering they accept, use your intuition and offer it. Iv heared of calling on somones spirits or guardians in a similar fashion to work them or use your work on them. Hope it helps!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Mushu

Unread post by Mushu » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:07 am

j82 wrote:Could you make a spirit jar, or other work ( which Id love to here suggestions) and say I call on the spirits of (his names) decent, or more specific I call on ( his name and birthday) mother.. use candles, use divination , ask what they offering they accept, use your intuition and offer it. Iv heared of calling on somones spirits or guardians in a similar fashion to work them or use your work on them. Hope it helps!
Thanks, I'll try it! :)

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi, I'm having something similar going on with me. My situation is quite complicated and I need a lot of work and help to see it coming to a successful end. I asked all saints willing to help me to give me signs. Now I am working with St-Anthony and St-Jude also manifested himself. Few days ago I started suddenly seeing the name Peter which I believe means that he is willing to help me open the roads. I definitely need his aid as I'm feeling trapped in the situation, as there are presently just closed doors. I am planning to request officially his assistance. As I am having several steps to go through every request (so several different petitions), I don't know if it's better to ask the saint to help, single step at a time; or it is better to fill a complicated one. For example if I want him to desire me, to share with me, to be generous with me, do I need to fill just one paper, or one request that says only "desire me" several times, and after this task is completed, to start the second one?

Also I am a still confused about the saints and the way they help, as some posts suggest to petition one saint at a time, but each saint is having its own "specialty". Can someone request St-Anthony to open its roads if it's still for the same love work??? Or one should always ask St-Peter for that? Also, St-Martha likes coffee, but I can't find if it's the powdered form or an actual cup of coffee that should be put on the altar. Thanks for your help!!!

Thank you St-Anthony!
Thank you St-Jude!
Thank you St-Peter!
Thank you St-Martha!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Hello, Dragonfly72 ,
I like to work with one Saint at a time and one petition at a time. And I prioritize.
However, that's just me.
St Peter is better for road opening.
Give St Martha fresh coffee (she would appreciate that).
I have given this advice before. So, it's up to you.
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks again, Miss Aida! However, does the coffee needs to be a liquid or a powder???

Thank you St-Anthony for helping me!
Thank you Sacred Heart of Jesus for healing!
Thank you St-Jude for your assistance!
Thank you St-Martha!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello, Dragonfly72 ,
I feed the spirits and entities as I would feed myself.
Fresh liquid coffee. Fresh food.
FRESH is the key here.
Would you drink powder???
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Dragonfly72

Unread post by Dragonfly72 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Thank you again for all your patience and help! You're fantastic!!!

Thank you St-Anthony for all you are doing on my behalf!
Thank you St-Martha for your support!
Thank you St-Jude!

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 am

I was asked by catherine and Miss Aida to post this here after having written it in response to a Facebook group post about working with spirits and gods and whether one's relation to the spirit in question would cause a prayer to them to 'not work':

Prayers and spells 'workingness evaluations' are quite similar. We can conceptually wall off a circumstance and pretend that only the spell or the prayer has an effect on it, but realistically that's not the case. Too simplistic for medicine ("Will aspirin *work*?"), too simplistic for automotive repair ("Will adding oil *work*?"), and for very many contexts in which a variety of factors contribute to how they infuence the situation, effectively you are asking for what is called a prediction like people predicting who is going to win in a sports contest.

We might know you, we might know everything about your circumstance and how well you do spells or how powerful your spirit or god is and its relation to the type of petition you've provided to it, but even then there are no sure things; at best aptitudes or likelihoods given *what we can see*. Absent all that, of course, then you're talking about matters of faith, which is what you're appealing to here (faith in prayer rules, as if there are hard and fast, known rules of which everybody is aware).

I suggest to you that the gods help different people based on their relationship with the petitioner, and that some of their behaviour seems to be related to how well they are compensated for their work, some to how much the individual actively loves and praises the spirit or god in question (a long-term condition), and some to the mood of the assisting agent (just like any human being who might help you with a task or problem).

It is conventional to suppose that allies such as divinities have unseen sources of information, such that informing them of the past may not be necessary, but that letting them know what your *intentions* are may be quite important to their overall decision what role to take in relation to your petition and prayer.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:42 pm

This is a really interesting post, nagasiva. It's a valuable point to explain why a petition is important to you, and not just to ask for what you want without that context. I can see how this would give them a better understanding and add to their decision in how or if they will help you.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Nagasiva,
Thank you for posting this!
You have a lot of informative material in your post.
I too agree with AthenaK in her response to you regarding the nature of the petition.
Additionally, I love what you state regarding the relationship a petitioner has with any given entity.
I always tell my clients that if they petition an entity that they don't know, that they ought to purchase 2 candles for that entity.
For instance, in working with St Peter (this is just an example) I ask that they light a candle to him and not ask for anything. Just praise him and get to know him. Let the candle burn out completely
Then, when they do make a petition, the Saint is familiar with this petitioner and is more likely to assist.
Anyway, just my input.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 pm

Hello, I've wondered about this when I dealt with rootworkers and they told me to leave a glass of water for the Saint or Spirit I am working with. Is there any particular reason for that? I searched the forum to see if the questions was already answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance to whoever answers this question.

Also, should it be a fresh glass of water everyday?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm

I believe it is an offering to them for the work, some cases you leave more like liquor or tobacco, if working with an old family member you may put out something of their favorite. Example my grandma loved chocolate so I would leave out some chocolate to her. I would use fresh water daily because sitting water can quickly get mucky.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Hello, Eternal_Moonlight,
I was always taught that it is REFRESHING for them.
And if giving liquor, etc., still give a glass of water in addition to other liquid offerings.
And like J82 says, freshwater everyday
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:15 am

For about a week, I've been praying to saint Anthony to help me find a job (lost my job, hoping to find a better one or similar one). I also prayed for him to help return a friend I lost contact with. As I read in the forums, he's wonderful for returning lost things so I thought I'd give him a try. Then last night, I dream it was halloween and I was trick or treating, getting myself some candle. I return home and there is this wicked little black boy in my house, smiling at me, and looking at my candle. It was in my mother's old room and I remember I had to watch my nieces. I remembered a while back, reading something about the saints having orishas. I decided to do a search and that's when I saw that Elegua is affiliated with both St Anthony and St. Expedite (the Saints I've been working with thus far). I'm a little bit confused, since I was waiting for a sign from St Anthony and St Expedite in a dream to let me know if they would assist me. Before, I remember seeing St Anthony. Now, I'm worried to death. I'm not a practitioner of santeria. I'm not even catholic, but my mother has us attend that church so sometimes I visit it. Can anyone tell me what they would do, or how they would respond to this type of situation?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:46 am

Hello, Eternal_Moonlight ,

Just a reminder that this is a Hoodoo forum and we don't discuss Santeria in detail. So, I won't go into great detail. Just a little bit of info:
You don't have to be a Santera to honor the Orishas. That line of false statements that is all over the internet is just appalling.
There are zillions of people throughout a few continents who are not initiated and honor the Orishas.
You have nothing to worry about.
These are all good signs.
Now, you can read a little about the Orishas here:
www.luckymojo.com/sevenafricanpowers.html

And if you want to light a candle to Eleggua, here are you choices for candles to him:
www.luckymojo.com/candle-saint-anthony.html
www.luckymojo.com/candle-nino-de-atocha.html
www.luckymojo.com/candle-seven-african-powers.html

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:40 am

I just wanted to ask, if a saint has a particular day that people work with them, is that the only day to work with them or is that just the day to startwith offerings and candles?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:25 pm

maria84,

When working with a Saint I would first pray to the saint and light some small candles, read up on what the saint likes ( flowers etc) and put those next to a picture of the saint and ask them to give you a sign if they will work with you. In the Catholic Italian tradition ( as I am) we would start the candle on the day and pray the novea for 7 days. If it was an emergency though like some one gravely sick, you would not wait and start the prayer then.

Blessings!

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Thank you so much for all of your help j82! You are such a great help!

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:44 am

I have some LM 7-11 oil and LM 4 inch white offertory candles. As Tuesday is the day of the saint I have in mind I will start today. I don't have a picture of the saint, do you think it'd be alright for me to get a picture on my iPad and stand it next to the candle for now?

Is it alright to use a different candle for each of the 7 days and let it burn out completely or should I find a big one that can be snuffed and re-lit? Sorry for all of the questions I'm still learning. I have found a lovely set of novena prayers to this saint which I have saved and am going to use.

I will also order a candle dedicated to the saint to be burned by MISC just to be sure :D

Thanks x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello, maria84 ,

yes, yo ucan use a picture.

And as far as what candles to use, I've done it both ways. Although I prefer a vigil candle that is constantly lit for the entire length of burn time.

But, if you need to put it out, it might be better to light a candle every day for its entirety

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 am

Thank you. At the end of the novena do you make your donation/give thanks even if what you ask for hasn't been granted or do you wait?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Catholic novena customs vary from culture to culture, maria84. For this reason, there is no one answer to your question. In some cultures you make the offering when you pray, in ohers you withhold the offering until your wish is granted.

This forum is not so much about Catholic folk magic as it is about black American folk magic, so i suggest you ask your local Catholic friends what they do. That way, if nothing else, you will be in harmony with your culture's local traditions.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”