Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Selecting, Best Choices

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Selecting, Best Choices

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

LOL - agreed. I'm not in it for a supermodel. I'm in it for an appropriate life partner...luckily I found that!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm

skyme714 wrote:when you walk down the street, HONESTLY, how many guys you see worth looking at?
And right there is your problem. Start looking at the person and not at the shell they're living in. Yes, it's important that you have at least some attraction to your partner, but if you're walking down the street and you hardly see anyone worth looking at, you're putting WAY too much emphasis on the wrong things (either that or you need to move :lol: ). Too many people are looking for that really hot guy/girl and if they have a great personality to go with it, that's a bonus. Instead, look for that guy/girl who's a really great person and if they're really hot, that's a bonus.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I shall skip the advice since you seem to have gotten a good deal of sage advice.

If your spells are failing, get a divination to discover what is going on, why they are not manifesting the way you want, what blocks need to be addressed etc. Make sure that you've given enough time for your work to manifest.

If you are already in contact with your ex, the Intranuil Spirit may not be the best solution for you. The idea is that they are tormented enough that they come running back. Contact helps allieviate some of that torture. The spell is still aimed at making them come to you, but contact helps them get through some of the torture.

As to time, don't worry, the IS can be cast when all else fails. I've seen it cast by a person to get back an ex of a long time and it still worked. It took time to manifest, but it worked.

P.S after the ex came back they dated for 6 months then broke up...
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:44 am

I knew its gonna come down on me :lol:

But men, why everybody assumed that I'm looking for a HOT guy! Hot guys are just temporary thing, not long-term.
Im not a super model but Ive been there.. never I want to be with a HOT guy... besides, hot guys are usually players hence more problems. Why would I want to complicate my life?? And I know not to judge the book by its cover, and I live by it, and it just keeps proving me that its true (happened again as recently as 4 days ago).

There is much more to it than just the looks, BUT if a person looks unkept, messy hair, dirty shoes, oversized hanging/stained jeans - that tells you about the person. You see their face expression... try to imitate their lips.. position your lips as another person's - and you can instantly feel the state of the mind of that person: angry, depressed, annoyed etc. Do you feel atracted to a person in such state of mood at the moment? I agree he might be having this particular bad day or whatever, but the moment passed, and you passed that person on the street, and never see him again, maybe in better mood.

Yes, as cleopatra said "There are over six billion people on this planet, roughly half of each gender. Of these, there are probably millions that would be a suitable partner for each person who desires one." But some of them gay, some of them way out of your age rage, some of them have opposite from yours priorities/views/values, some of them criminals/alchoholics/on drugs/jerks/ etc., with some of them you just dont click, some people are just not attracted to you, some of them you will never meet because they are all over the world... so its not that many to chose from when it comes down to it.

When in college, I knew at least 3,000 students but chose 1 guy I spent 5 years with, and never I met anybody I would leave him for.

Peace

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 am

Hi everyone! Hope you guys are having a blessed day. I ordered the book on saints from LM and I am waiting on it's arrival but I thought I would get some opinions on which one you guys think would be the best since there are so many and I am only familiar with a very few. I am wanting to build a relationship with one or more of the saints to protect myself and my children from meddling people...namely my MIL. She's a very vindictive person. I wouldn't say she practices any form of magic per se but she is a devote Catholic that prays to the saints and it is possible that she's using this against us in some sort of manner. Maybe not intentionally to cause problems...but the again you never know. I do know she has a lot of influence over my husband and I would like to end that as much as I can. We are going to be tied together for the rest of our lives and I would like for us to be able to parent together without her sticking her nose in which she does ALOT. She has done a very good job of "brainwashing" my husband about her ideas of marriage among other things that have caused a lot of problems for us. Why anyone would lead their child to believe that marriage is suppose to be all roses and you shouldn't have to work at things is beyond me. In my opinion that is just setting someone up for failure and it is completely unfair. Guess that's why her second marriage is not "working out" as well as she thought it would. Anyhow I was thinking possibly St Michael as he could "cut" the ties between them in regards to our children but I was wondering what ya'lls opinion was and if there are any others that you would recommend. I thought if I could go ahead and decide then I could order my statue when I place my next order instead of having to wait on the book. The when my book gets here I can spend my time getting familiar with my saints of choice.

Thanks so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Hugs,
Hope

Miss Kerry

Unread post by Miss Kerry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Faith2008

Yeah Saint Michael is a good person to have on your side. He is very protective from negative influences and indeed work with him to cut the negative aspects that your MIL throws your way!

Kerry
2010 Course Graduate #1548

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 am

Holy Family would be a good choice also. You can use this Bible verse in your work:

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 (NIV)
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 am

Thank you kerrycharm. I have been leaning toward him because of all of the wonderful things I have read here on this board. It's nice to have others input too. Helps me feel more confident in my choices.

Thanks Cleopatra. I just love that name. I haven't done much reading on the holy family but I will now. I love that quote too. I believe I quoted it to my husband a few times during our marriage but it never sank in. Who knows with the help from the holy family and Saint Michael we might not be as much of a lost cause as I thought. I had pretty much given up hope on us and was just trying to find ways to make things as peaceful as possible but that just may make me rethink things. Of course a reading would be in order first. BUT it is definitely something to think about.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to any other saints that would be good in this situation. I'm looking for a tag team, lol. I've put up with this woman for seven years and it would be nice to just shut her down.

Thanks,
Hope

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 pm

You need to work on your husband and not the mother-in-law. You married him, not her. You do not have a problem with your mother-in-law, you have a problem with your husband putting her above you. Never good for a marriage. You two are a team. He should have told his mother to back off a while ago.

She cannot use the saints against you. The saints do not work that way. The saints are always working for the greater good. That's why St. Anthony does not bring back bums to all the people who ask him for help with lost love.

St. Rita is the patron saint of help in marital difficulties. You could do a Google search on her. If you work with St. Michael, ask that he help your husband grow a pair of balls.

Mary

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Literarylioness wrote:You need to work on your husband and not the mother-in-law. You married him, not her. You do not have a problem with your mother-in-law, you have a problem with your husband putting her above you. Never good for a marriage. You two are a team. He should have told his mother to back off a while ago.

She cannot use the saints against you. The saints do not work that way. The saints are always working for the greater good. That's why St. Anthony does not bring back bums to all the people who ask him for help with lost love.

St. Rita is the patron saint of help in marital difficulties. You could do a Google search on her. If you work with St. Michael, ask that he help your husband grow a pair of balls.

Mary
Thank you Mary. You made me laugh and I needed that. I will definitely look up St Rita and as soon as my St Michael statue get here I will start praying for him some balls! You just have no idea what a two faced *itch that woman is. I have never in my life dispised someone like I dispise her. I swear, if we make it through this I am hot footing her butt to the other side of the world. I know now why all the rest of her kids are either in other states or mental institutes. Ok, end of rant. Well maybe not end but I'll shut up cause I know you guys don't want to hear it. I'm just so sick of crying and I'm so sick of her being "better" than me. Ok, I'm shutting up and I'm going to go google St. Rita. One question though, is there anything I can do to make him grow up?

Hugs,
Hope

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Mastery and John the Conqueror products are great to help him become more assertive and take control. A word of caution though, despite the amusing tone of Mary's post-and this may not be the case-however, if your husband is from a different culture where mothers have a strong hold over their sons then no amount of work is going to get him to break off the influence of his mother, but it may help manage it. This isn't always the case, but is something to consider.

I might recommend that you take a two-pronged approach. Work on your husband to help him see with clarity that he has chosen to be in union with you and that now *you* are his family. This means that while he should honor and respect his mother, that you come first. I would probably work with John the Conqueror, Mastery, and Clarity products to help in this case. Cast off Evil even may help. While this latter product is aimed at addiction it can also be used to weaken the undue influence of those people who have brought negativity, even if its not deliberate.

The second approach would be to sweeten the mother-in-law to you. You are her daughter-in-law now and she's going to have to accept that at some point in time.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:54 pm

LOL...I love how mary tells a man to grow a pair of balls. And in this case...he most certainly does need to.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 am

starsinthesky7 wrote:LOL...I love how mary tells a man to grow a pair of balls. And in this case...he most certainly does need to.

Thank you Starsintheaky7. The balls part cracked me up and believe me I needed it. I've been planning on doing a honey jar on her. I'm waiting on an order to arrive though. I'll be sending you a PM later today. I think I'm going to need your help.

Hugs,
Hope

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:51 am

cat writes in her book the importance of a man's mother is in his life and the wife or girlfriend must understand that principle. I agree with ConjureMan in this instance; from personal experience, different cultures influence this issue and this is a very strong bond. I would sweeten the mother-in-law and at the same time follow the ritual ConjureMan suggests.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:24 am

You could also work with Adam and Eve products along with the verse from my previous post to emphasize that your marriage is now your husband's primary relationship, not the one with his mother. I agree with Mary; he needs to start being a man and grow up.

I'm glad I married a childless orphan.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 am

I was with a Chinese man who, despite having grown up in the States, has very traditional family values. His mother and I had issues because of his extended family - it's not even something that happened between us - and from there my relationship had a lot of difficulties.

If I were you I'd definitely start with some strong cleansing and protection work of my household. Do work with St Michael as he'd help you as long as your cause is just - I've always had rapid results working with him. I know you don't have the heart to do a honey jar (with blue candles) on the MIL, but that's something you should consider.

CM is right that High John and Clarity are in order here...and maybe Courage products. Try a figural candle for this.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:01 pm

St. Michael will help the husband gain courage in standing up to his mother. A man can honor his mother and honor his wife. It is part of being an adult. The husband can say: "I love you mother, but this is between my wife and me." The guy should never have gotten married if he wanted his mother to control his life,

As far as cultures go, most cultures understand this dynamic of marriage.

Mary

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Definately don't want to focus on the mother-in-law alone. The mother-in-law is just part of the problem, just like focusing on your husband alone is simply part of the problem. The mother-in-law isn't going to go away anytime soon so its best to address both issues. Help your husband grow the courage to take the reigns over his life and also to see that *you* are his priority and primary relationship. At the same time, sweeten yourself to your mother-in-law to make that transition easier.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:02 pm

ConjureMan wrote:Definately don't want to focus on the mother-in-law alone. The mother-in-law is just part of the problem, just like focusing on your husband alone is simply part of the problem. The mother-in-law isn't going to go away anytime soon so its best to address both issues. Help your husband grow the courage to take the reigns over his life and also to see that *you* are his priority and primary relationship. At the same time, sweeten yourself to your mother-in-law to make that transition easier.
That is not what the poster was asking. She was making comments that her husband is comparing her to his mother, such as:"mother does it like this, etc." That is a problem with the husband, but the poster was focused on the mother-in-law already. The mother-in-law is not the main problem, but a symptom of a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

From what the poster has stated, the mother-in-law does this with ALL of her children. If the woman has this type of personality, than all the poster can do is deal with it. She does have to address how her husband treats her though, because she is married to him, not his mother. That is why I suggested St. Rita for help with this. Please read my original post.

My present boyfriend is Persian and I predominately date non-American (which I prefer) men who are of different cultures, so I know a bit about mothers who think they know best. Ultimately, it is a right of passage to cleave onto the spouse to create another family, whether it be a man or a woman. The poster's husband is having difficulty understanding this, which is what I addressed.

My original advice and subsequent advice still stands.

Mary

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank you everyone. I have ordered a St Rita plaque and also a St. Michael to work with. I also have master ordered and I already have John the Conqueror. I will have to order the others. Update though, his mother and I just had a HUGE blow up. I had to work yesterday so I couldn't get the kids to Andy at our usual time. It started snowing. So rather than go ahead and come down and pick the kids up early he waited and said that he couldn't get out because the roads were bad. This was after I had already picked up the kids and driven the an extra four miles to meet him where he said he would be. He knows that I work for the post office and bad weather is no excuse for not being at work. Anyhow I vented to a friend on Facebook last night that I was sick of people not taking care of their responsibilities. Mind you he's not even paying child support and won't until I go file the papers and force him to. The only reason I haven't filed yet is because he has missed alot of days because of the weather and I don't want them basing his support on what he is making now. Finacially me and the kids are fine so it doesn't hurt me to wait. So anyhow she told me to grow up because it was snowing. And I told her to mind her own damn business. If her son paid some child support then maybe I wouldn't have to worry about missing work and I wasn't the one that cheated and if she wanted to tell someone to grow up then she should go talk to him. I'm sorry but I've bit my tongue for seven years and I am so sick of that *itch. Two years ago he got mad at me and closed out our joint checking account and refused to give me any money for six months. This was when I was a stay at home mom. She told me then that he had every right to do that because it was his money. It's crap like this that is why he acts like he does. She's hated me from day one because we "lived in sin." For someone who is suppose to be such a devote Catholic she sure has some screwed up ideas of what marriage is suppose to be. Sorry I just had to get that out. I know I shouldn't have said anything because it's just going to make things worse but I just had to get that off my chest. She's had that coming for a long time. Thanks for letting me vent guys. I really needed that.

Anyhow I like everyone's ideas of what I need to do. Thanks for giving me so many different angles to work from. The most important though is getting Andy to grow up and start being a man. (And grow some balls, lol) I'm going to have to work on her too though since I'm going to be stuck with her for a long time. I have been thinking though that since she is such a devote Catholic that maybe I should do a skull candle on her and convince her that she needs to become a missionary somewhere far, far away, lol. A girl can dream can't she. It is funny though because she told me before we got married that I need to go talk to a priest at her church and he told me I needed to get Andy to move from here, lol. Just goes to show you even the priest sees her for how she really is. Now if I can only get Andy to see.

Thanks again everyone. I'm off to place an order with LM.

Hugs,
Hope

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Retract thy claws, dear Mary. I was not correcting you, nor would I give myself such airs. I was merely stating an opinion and a solution that may work for her. I think your advice was sound and even echoed it by saying that working with John the Conqueror along with Clarity may give him the strenght to make right as you suggested.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Okay send me a PM or shoot me an email when you are ready. Im always glad to help!

faith2008 wrote:
Thank you Starsintheaky7. The balls part cracked me up and believe me I needed it. I've been planning on doing a honey jar on her. I'm waiting on an order to arrive though. I'll be sending you a PM later today. I think I'm going to need your help.

Hugs,
Hope
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Wait, I'm confused... Are you still married to him or not?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:52 pm

It appears that they are married but separated.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 pm

ConjureMan, thank you on timing of the Intranquil Spirit spell! It's just I see many posts saying if you havnt been in contact with him a long time (6 months, year, etc) it might be too late. So I just wanted to keep that in mind. Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:10 pm

IBMagnet wrote:
My question was does such a thing really exist or is it all poetry [...] I don't believe in heaven or hell [...] To me it is all a theater piece [...] i know the biblical stuff but I don't believe in that.

IBMagnet, this forum is not a place to discuss the existence of magic, your lack of religious beliefs, or your singular idea that folk magic is a form of theater. You are certainly welcome to entertain yourself however you choose, but probably you should take youse questions to another venue.

You asked what dangers the Intranquil Spirit holds for those who call upon this damned soul to torture their wandering lovers.

In my experience, if the Intranquil Spirit cannot or chooses not to bring your lover back, it may capture YOU and you will become obsessed with performing the Intranquil candle spell ritual over and over and over again. I have seen this happen many times. It is scary to me to see it.

I have seen people burn up to 20 or more Intranquil Spirit vigil lights, one after another, for months. They have themselves become intranquil spirits. I do not recommend this spell or working with this spirit.

As for Santisima Muerte -- she, to me, is an old reliable.

She'll kill the guy for you if he proves unfaithful. Straight up, that's her promise.

You can't work with her if YOU are "the other woman." She hates that.

Other than that, she is just the nicest ally your could have.

I have not worked with her myself (no infidelity problems), but she is not a trickster like the Intranquil Spirit, as far as i can tell from how working with her has affected my clients. I know several marriages that were saved by Santisima Muerte. She's okay with me.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:30 pm

I think the main thing to be aware of is how intolerant of infidelity Saint Muerte is. To successfully work with her, one must be faithful. I've heard so long as your meet her "criteria" she is a powerful ally. Myself, I would be more reluctant to petition the unpredictable Intranquil Spirit.

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Hope I'm posting this is in the right section. I've done some searching...and found bits and pieces of information...and like my inquisitive niece...I am still asking Why? What else? How come? Whatcha doin' that for?

First question....if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint, is there a list or reference page somewhere with this information? Or would white still be considered universal in this instance? I have seen the pages for Saints w/history & prayers on the LM website...but I don't recall there being mention of "colors"

Second...if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint...can I dress a candle w/corresponding LM oils and selected herbs?

Third...how do I know what is considered an appropriate offering? I am guessing that whiskey/rum and coins are not the best choices here. I've read that I should place a glass of water next to the candle for St Expedite (I think he was the one) along with flowers. I've read mention of wine...and pound cake. So...do you put all of that there as you light & pray over the candle? Do you wait until your petition & prayers are answered? A sign? Movement?

Fourth...when you leave the pound cake/wine/flower....how long do you leave it? Do you replace it?

Thanks for taking time to read...ponder...and maybe even answer my questions.

If by chance someone has already asked all of this...and it has been answered...plz point me in the direction of that post. I've been a little side tracked....Ive got 5 kittens that are 3 weeks old from the shelter that I am fostering...bottle feeding...cleaning baby kitten butts...and loving and snuggling every minute I get :P (but I draw the line at kitty licking :roll: I'll wash a bum...but not like a mama kitty)!!!
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 pm

for St Expedite, you wait until your petition & prayers are answered. I'm personaly leave the pound cake 2 or 3 days and then i give to the birds. the wine until get drye in the cup and flowers you by yourself know when you want to change. for him i have a red candle. good luck

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Thx usurper. 3 or 4 days for the pound cake works for me, and feeding little critters afterwords is an added bonus.
Kimberly Annie

“How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone”...Coco Chanel

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello kimberlyanne.

kimberlyanne wrote:First question....if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint, is there a list or reference page somewhere with this information? Or would white still be considered universal in this instance? I have seen the pages for Saints w/history & prayers on the LM website...but I don't recall there being mention of "colors"
Not every saint has a specific color candle associated with him or her in Catholicism, in fact most do not. In Catholic influenced folk magic many do, but not all. A good source for such info is "The Magical Power of The Saints" by Ray T. Malbrough. Avalabe from LuckyMojo here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html In general tho a white candle dressed with Holy Oil will do fine.
kimberlyanne wrote:Second...if I don't have an actual candle made for a specific Saint...can I dress a candle w/corresponding LM oils and selected herbs?
If its a saint that has an oil made by LuckyMojo then yes, but not every saint does.
kimberlyanne wrote: Third...how do I know what is considered an appropriate offering? I am guessing that whiskey/rum and coins are not the best choices here. I've read that I should place a glass of water next to the candle for St Expedite (I think he was the one) along with flowers. I've read mention of wine...and pound cake.
Here is where it gets a bit complicated. In Catholicism with very few exceptions technically you wouldn't make an offering to a saint, you can petition for their intersession on your behalf, but for many Catholics an offering comes too close to worship.

In folk magic tho this is not always so. In general a candle and a glass of water is good, but some saints have very specific and traditional offerings asked in return for there help. The most well know being the publication of thanks for Saint Jude in the newspaper and Saint Expedite's pound cake and flowers (or water or rum or red wine or coffee). <--- You see that? That's one of the discrepancy one sees all the time in such work, one person might say you must give red wine, another rum, and another still just water or fresh-picked flowers in water in the candle glass. I personally give a glass of water, you should do divination and ask the saint.
kimberlyanne wrote:So...do you put all of that there as you light & pray over the candle? Do you wait until your petition & prayers are answered? A sign? Movement?
Pay them their due when they have helped you, if they don't help you don't pay.
kimberlyanne wrote:Fourth...when you leave the pound cake/wine/flower....how long do you leave it? Do you replace it?
Until it gos stale.
HRCC Student #1559

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Thx HD.

When petitioning a Saint...is it the same process/theory as writing a petition paper in other candle work? I haven't done any work with Saints...so this is some uncharted territory for me.
Kimberly Annie

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Kimberlyanne, at this point i would advise you to take a step back and read more about Catholicism and folk-Catholicism. You are approaching this from a piecemeal/case-by-case/outsider's viewpoint that is not grounded on a thorough understanding of the religion.

Seriously, one doesn't just waltz in and say, "I'm gonna petition Catholic saints" without having a deep appreciation for the Catholic church, for the cultural nuances of folk-Catholicism, and for the traditions of novena vows and spoken prayers.

You were given a good book recommendation with "Magical Powers of the Saints," and i advise that you also absorb the following web pages as well. The list is long. Please, do read them all before striking off into this "uncharted" territory.:

LUCK, PROTECTION, RELIGION, and MAGIC http://www.luckymojo.com/luckprotectionreligion.html

GODS AND SAINTS AS LUCKY FIGURES http://www.luckymojo.com/deityluck.html

PATRON SAINTS for various OCCUPATIONS and CONDITIONS http://luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

AIRR: Category:Spirit Work http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... pirit_Work

AIRR: Category:Working Within the Catholic Tradition http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... _Tradition

AIRR: Category:Catholic Church Saints http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... rch_Saints

AIRR: Category:Catholic Folk Saints http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... olk_Saints

AIRR: Category:The Virgin Mary http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... irgin_Mary

AIRR: Category:Angels and Archangels http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Archangels
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm

P.S.: From every one of those pages i listed above, you will find links leading to information on indvidual saints, some at Lucky Mojo and some at AIRR. Read them all!

For instance, just for starters, here are the Lucky mojo page and the AIRR page for a couple of saints whose names start with the letter "A" :

SAINT AGATHA CATHOLIC PATRON SAINT OF BREAST CANCER http://www.luckymojo.com/saintagatha.html

AIRR:Saint Agatha http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... int_Agatha

and

SAINT ANTHONY CATHOLIC PATRON SAINT OF LOST THINGS http://luckymojo.com/saintanthony.html

AIRR: Saint Anthony http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nt_Anthony

Good luck, and most of all remember, if you have come to Catholic saint veneration and petitioning as a guest -- listen, learn, pay respect. Each saint is a unique entity -- there is no one way to venerate saints, there is no single or best prayer to speak, and there is no one form of thanks-offering that is to be made to all saints. Each has his or her own unqiue qualities, life history, interests, prayers, and cultural traditions.
catherine yronwode

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Kimmie ---

Do not worry. This is a good path for hoodoo newbies like us. Once you research the above books and links it will start to make sense. I suggest you start with the Archangels section because I think most people believe or want to believe they have a guardian angel.

Good luck with the kittens...oh just the thought of them make me smile.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 am

I agree with ablake. Start with angels, since they are universally regarded as God's messengers, and can be petitioned by those of any faith.

kimberlyanne
HRCC Student

Unread post by kimberlyanne » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks family! This is good stuff! I really had NO idea where to start...and my interest has been peaked via discussion on the forum. Y'all are GREAT!!!

Cat...you are correct. I do not have a thorough understanding of Catholicism/folk-Catholicism. I was christened/baptized episcopalian...but I refer to myself as being "religiously challenged" (chuckle chuckle) because I personally don't understand why we can't all just get along...I just claim to be spiritual...find what works for me...and don't worry to much about the rest. My interest in other "stuff" has grown by seeing & reading discussions on the forum. Call it a hunger for knowledge so my practice can be well rounded.

ablake...my kindred newbie friend :D ....Archangels is/are a great suggestion. I do believe I have a guardian angel...actually as wild and crazy as I was I am sure I have more than 1...watching over & protecting me was a 27/7 job! Well, I'm still wild & crazy...just lower keyed than I was 8 years ago :roll: . Have I mentioned to you yet that my sisters first name begins with an "a" and her middle name is blake? And....I've been Kimmie or Kimber all my life to family & friends ;) ! Way cool....

I started this response last night...but got side tracked w/my baby kitties. Took them downstairs to have feeding time w/Grammie (85 w/Alzheimer's) it was time well spent!
Kimberly Annie

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I am a nurse looking to advance my career with further education, but am running into the usual difficulties: not enough money, too many prereqs in the programs close to home, and so forth, and I cant make up my mind ( am an RN but want to get into a good NP program asap, with low tuition and easy location of preceptors..is such a thing/combo possible?)

I wanted to petition St Gregorio as he is for health workers, but wondered if there was also anyone else on whom I could /should call upon? I also wanted to work a spell for the same effect for smoothing the way and incorporate it in my daily work. I enjoy candle work, but it is difficult for me to put out honey jars as there is no secluded spot in my home...but maybe i can work around that...

I just finished deep spring cleaning of my home, on the mundane and spiritual levels, and tomorrow will begin a 7 day uncrossing ritual, as i have been advised that i might have the remains of a crossed condition that was not properly removed. After that i plan to light road opener candles for this purpose, and also 'activate' a prepared success mojo from LM...

I have read the page on St Gregorio but am still at a loss as to how to petition him on a daily basis..can anyone advise on this as well as on what else i could do to further my nursing career at a swift and smooth pace ?

Zee

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

If you are comfortable with saints then Saint Martha is good for getting your employers to favor you. I believe the LM site lists Saint Agatha as patroness of Nurses here: http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

In addition to Road Opening consider working some Crown of Success conjure to help you succeed and excell in your work. Worked along side Steady Work can help you not only move forward in your career but can ensure you continued employment.

Good luck!

danger

Unread post by danger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:14 pm

What Saint/Goddess should I consider petitioning to for sexual attraction?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Best is the not used here in those terms but for the moment consider 'appropriate' Research the list of Saints (review the links below) or I would suggest purchasing Magical Power of the Saints: Evocation & Candle Rituals by Reverend Ray T. Malbrough (found here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html)

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... rch_Saints

http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:21 pm

With saints there is no "best". It comes down to you, who you are comfortable working with and who you have or can build a relationship with.

I can not comment o "goddess" as hoodoo is christian folk magic and I have had no dealing with anything of that sort.

Also consider the Attraction, Lodestone,Magnet, Fires of Love, Adam and Eve(if you are trying for a hetro relationship) Q, Lavender Love Drops (If looking for a queer relationship) and Fast Luck lines of products. Also LuckyMojo maintains a large free spell archive with a lot of love/lust spells that might be able to help you. Free Love and Sex Spells

Good Luck
HRCC Student #1559

adam283

Unread post by adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 pm

my deep fryer blew hot oil all over my hand n burnt it VERY bad second degree n blistered it up bad n i cant use it to write any petitions let alone put on a sock, the hosp gave me vicoden but it doesnt help much for the pain, i have LM all saints oil is there any way i can ask a saint for help with healing n help with pain??

blanca080

Unread post by blanca080 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 pm

The saint that deals with illness is saint lazarus...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Blessed Dr. Jose Gregorio Hernandez is also another good one to ask for medical aid.

adam283

Unread post by adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm

would it be fine to just say his prayer n burn a candle without a petition? i can barely type let alone write

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 pm

The prayer is what is important - say the prayer and then speak to him in your own words. Do this while you hold the candle and dress it - then light the candle.

reality9401

Unread post by reality9401 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

I want to know what do I do if I don't have a front yard or back yard to bury dressing from a spell. What would be another option?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Crossroads

adam283

Unread post by adam283 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Thank you Devi!

Carin Huber

Unread post by Carin Huber » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 pm

A search online suggests John the Apostle. One story says he raised from death 200 pagans who had been killed in a fire. Another tale tells how he was ordered beaten, poisoned, and thrown into a vat of boiling oil, from which he stepped unharmed. Sounds like just the guy for you to talk to! :) Many depictions of Saint John show him wearing a red cloak. This, combined with the fact of red being a fiery color, may suggest red as a good color of candle to dress with your Lucky Mojo All Saints Oil. Alternatively, you may prefer the cool healing of a blue candle.

Also, Lucky Mojo offers St. Florian Oil, dedicated to the patron saint of firefighters, who guards against death and loss through fire. He, too, may intercede on your behalf.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed May 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't work with saints too often, except for a few that I've had a relationship with from another tradition I work with, but I do enjoy invoking the archangels. Since you seem to have a good relationship with Saint Michael, you can try Saint Raphael who is known as Archangel of healing. He may be able to help you.

Ntsur2002
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ntsur2002 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I Would welcome any help on what would be the best spells as far as candle burning to bring someone closer to me ,help with making him think of me.....is there a particular saint that might be more helpful than others that i can ask for help?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello ntsur2002 :)
ntsur2002 wrote:I Would welcome any help on what would be the best spells as far as candle burning to bring someone closer to me ,help with making him think of me
/

If you already know the man, and have a relationship but its not as passionate or as hot as you like then I suggest a Fires Of Love candle. If you are not in a relationship then a Love Me or Attraction candle would be best.
ntsur2002 wrote:is there a particular saint that might be more helpful than others that i can ask for help?
I see that you are going after a man, if you yourself are a guy you can petition Saint Sebastian, a true saint of gay love.

On a slightly related note I know someone is going to mention Saint Martha. I know that she is powerful but if you do not have a relationship with the guy then she may not be best for you.
HRCC Student #1559

GoldenFlow7

Unread post by GoldenFlow7 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm

HailDiscordia,

Interesting what you wrote, who else would you recommend apart from St Martha? Just curious...

Thx!
Thank you God, Holy Spirit, St Martha, St Expedite, Guardian Angel, Archangels, Ancestors, and Oshun

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm

GoldenFlow7 wrote:HailDiscordia,

Interesting what you wrote, who else would you recommend apart from St Martha? Just curious...

Thx!
Off the top of my head, Saint Valentine,for heterosexual love, committed love tho, he was really big on marriage. And as I said, Saint Sebastian for gay love.
HRCC Student #1559

merrygerry

Unread post by merrygerry » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

I'm new to this forum, and I have a follow up question for Hail (from St Martha thread). I see your point about asking saints to help with break up work - who would you ask for help - it seems like any religious figure wouldn't be appropriate - do you prevail upon the universe? Or do you reach out to a deceased relative? What entity would be proper to engage in assistance?
Also, if one is also doing work to get the married target to think of her (or him), would that be something St Martha would assist or would that be equally inappropriate?

Thanks for any advice / insights that you have - totally appreciated!

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

merrygerry wrote: Also, if one is also doing work to get the married target to think of her (or him), would that be something St Martha would assist or would that be equally inappropriate?

Thanks for any advice / insights that you have - totally appreciated!
I don't believe it's the best judgment to use a Catholic saint - St. Martha - to break up a marriage. Yeah.
Since you're new to this forum, I'd recommend that you start with getting a reading to see if breaking up this marriage is worth your time and money.
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... ootworkers

Take the time to read each rootworker's profiles to get a feel for which one may be right for you. Also, the Customer Testimonials area on this forum has feedback on experiences with products and rootworkers.

The best LM product I'd recommend for you is the Break Up Spell Kit. Everything plus instructions are included so you don't have to worry about having the correct supplies.
http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-break-up.html

However, get a reading first.

merrygerry

Unread post by merrygerry » Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks Flamethrower, appreciate your help and ideas.

I have been toying with getting a reading - I'm sort of curious what to expect - like is it a tarot reading by phone? I've read many of the testimonials and am intrigued by the idea, but wasn't sure what a reading included. Would love to hear a description of what to expect.

I get that saints wouldn't be appropriate for break-up work and maybe my question is a hairsplit - what I was wondering if there was a distinction between a breakup spell and something that was more along the lines of "think of me." Maybe your answer means that there is no difference - that trying to get a married man to think of someone isn't any different than break-up work.

As for the break-up spell kit, I did get one a month or so ago and performed it, of course, since then have read a lot more of the pages on the website and in the forum, so know there were pieces I could've done better. I've also had candles lit at the MISC church after reading on the site that the experienced workers at LM might do a better job than a novice would do - I really appreciate the service that LM offers, they are truly great people.

So again, thanks for your help, time and patience.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue May 18, 2010 5:12 pm

While I agree that calling upon a saint to break up a marriage is not something that they usually perform, there *are* instances of grey area. There are some Catholic rootworkers who talk about some saints aiding in justified work. Saint Martha will bind up and break up a relationship if the husband is a poor husband, or she'll tame him right quick. St. Peter is also known for forcing wandering wives back.

In conjure if you're case is justified you can even call for the death of someone from God himself. The bible is filled with imprecatory prayers. The key, however, is justified. God will strike with a vengeance if you call out with a righteous heart.

That said, your best course of action is to get a reading and find out what the best course of action is for you. This reader can also spend time coaching you on how to go about acheving your goals and what prayers are best.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”