Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
neonwaosy

Re: Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

Unread post by neonwaosy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:18 am

Happy holidays family!
Please moderators help me understand. I ordered Reversing Glass-Encased Candle (Fixed), reading through the thread, will I be needing the mirror and crab shells too?
Also couldn't find Fixed glass green and black, is there a candle like that?
Thank you everyone.
Blessing !!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello, neonwaosy

The candle is fixed.

So, all you would need is a mirror. You can find those for a dollar or less almost anywhere

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 am

Thank you Miss Aida.
I couldn't find green and black fixed candle on LM.
I will call the find out.
Thanks again Miss Aida.

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:25 am

Happy New year LM family.
Please moderators, I will please like to know........
I bought glass encased Reversing candle from LM.
What do I write if I don't know who jinxed, hexed or has cursed me....
I just bought a mirror to stand the candle on, pending what to write on the space provided....
Thank you all.
Blessings!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Hello, neonwaosy

Happy New year to you too!

You may want to name the person: " Unknown Enemy" or " Enemy Spellcaster"

Then cross it with "Return Evil to Sender"

I hope tis helps

Wishing you the best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Thank you Miss Aida, if I cross it with "return evil to sender" does it also have to be in a reversed letters? The line provided on the glass where am supposed to write enemy's name will not contain the direction you are giving me.
Please what do I do
Thank you

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:09 am

Hello neonwaosy,

I'm very sorry but we don't understand your question. Could you explain?
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 am

Sorry Sister Jean.....
I was asking about what to write on the space provided on the reversing glass encased candle, Miss Aida gave me an example, but the space is too small to cross names on it....
So do I write "unknown enemy" ( since I don't know who done it )
Also on the petition paper what's the better way to write? Should I write"unknown enemy and cross it with my name?
I think I want to know how to set up and light the reversing glass encased candle, especially when you don't have a name...

Sorry, I hope it's more understanding... Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello, neonwaosy ,

Just use the name that I gave you and follow the rest of the instructions as they were provided to you. Forge "return to Sender"

I hope this is clearer

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Thank you Miss Aida

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 pm

I want to do reversing work. I’ve done it in the past with some success. Now I want to do it on two people that messed with me. If I get their pics how would I do it? Do I tape their pics upside down on the black part of the candle? I want these two people to suffer the emotions, and turmoil that I went through. One of them pretended to be friendly with me, but was backstabbing me. She hurt other people too, and she needs to suffer. I am not interested in revenge, because I don’t want it coming back on me. With reversing work will I still have to cleanse, and will it hit me back? I have a bag of hyssop ready in case

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 am

Hello Dazed_Confused,

Yes I think you could pin the photo to the black end of the candle, but I would do a separate candle for each person. I'd recommend reading through this page to make sure you understand how to work with such candles:

http://www.luckymojo.com/reversing.html

Take care.

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:04 am

Hello to all!

My name is Carrissa and I am new to this forum. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful tips and magickal tricks! They have definitely been very helpful. I have a few questions regarding reversals. On one of the Lucky Mojo sites it says the red and black double action candle ideally should be burned on a Friday. Does this mean it is best to start the candle during the Venus hour?

If I do a reversal using a Hekate spel, is it OK to bury the remains at a three-way crossroads in a cemetery? Or would that be overkill? I wouldn't bury it on a gravesite, however!

Thank you!

Carrissa

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

CarrissaRenteria,

Reversal candle is burned either both sides at once or flipped a new tip carved and it is burned. Since you are trying to uncross love yes you can use hour of venues or you can do it with the moon phase or the hands on the clock.

I do not know what a hekate spell is . I would dispose of the remains at a crossroad.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#doubleaction
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello, CarrissaRenteria,

I am not sure on which Lucky Mojo page you saw instructions to burn a red and black double-action candle on a Friday. Can you supply the URL?

The following page describes why some candles are both red and black:

http://www.luckymojo.com/redblackcolourcandle.html

Red is a love and passion colour, and it also represents blood and the life-force. Black is negative. So black-over-red and red-black double action are both used to undo a love-jinx or any spell which has cursed or negated one's life-force or blood. That is, if someone has cursed or blocked your love life or your energetic power, you would burn such a candle, black end first.

Friday is the day of Venus, a goddess of love, and beauty, thus good for reversing a love jinx. Since this is a hard-hitting reversal, one might also expect some people to burn it on a Saturday, a day for curses, or on Tuesday, a day for war, which also rules blood and energy.

I have no idea what you mean by a Hekate Spell, either. This forum is about African American folk magic, not about classical goddesses of antiquity.

When we speak of a crossroads in hoodoo, we mean a CROSS-roads, that is a X, not a Y (also called a wye in some parts of America).

I have no idea why burial in a graveyard would be "overkill."

I get the impression that you came to this forum thinking it is a Pagan or goddess-oriented place. Some of us do know some about paganism (I know that Hekate was venerated at the trivium or Y in the road, for instance), but if you want our help, what we do and say will be oriented to Black folk magic, also called hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork.

This web page may help orient you to what we are doing here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you Jay Dee and Cat!

Here is the link for the double action red/black candle recommending Friday: http://www.luckymojo.com/reversing.html

I read your course information in its entirety before submitting my question. So I knew it was Black folk magic. :) I am not a Pagan, either. I just started crafting and I am experimenting with different recipes. I feel drawn to different gods for various reasons, but I also feel drawn to hoodoo magic! It's like I'm in culinary school! Don't worry, I won't add sulfur to any of the candles! LOL I just finished reading the thread about the gal who asked about the penis candle and sulfur. hahahahaha! But, I did add a circle of sulfur around the candle with some crab shell powder. I want to make sure these reversals are packed with a punch!

I look forward to reading and learning more from you guys!

Thank you!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:11 pm

CarissaRentaria,

Thanks for the link. Yes, Friday would be good for reversing a love-jinx, because Venus rules love, as stated, but also, as i mentioned, red has other meanings as well, and other folks might choose a different day of the week -- and some folks don't bother about days of the week at all, but prefer working by Moon signs or Moon phases (or both) (or neither).
catherine yronwode

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:24 am

Great! Thank you! I am an astrology lover, so there is no way I can ignore the moon phases! haha! However, I do agree that Saturday is the best day for reversal work. Maybe I will tackle both days using the red/black double action candle! BTW, I am so glad you guys mentioned relocated natal charts and AstroCartoGraphy this past week on Hoodoo Root Hour because there are many astrologers who don't cover this. SO accurate! I wish more people would follow astrology. Anywho, I will be listening in every week as my schedule permits. Keep up the great work!!

Carrissa

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi again!

I have a few more questions:

1) Does your 13 day uncrossing kit come with an uncrossing spell?

2) Is it OK to substitute the chime candles in the uncrossing kit with 6" double action candles? I would like to start the ritual 13 days before the dark moon, the last day of bath ending on dark moon. So if I start the 13 day uncrossing ritual on Friday 10/26 I would use a red/black double action candle (day of venus) and continue working each day with a new candle, so 13 double action candles total. On Sunday I would use a white/black double action (health/well-being), and on thursday I would use the green/black double action (money). Then I plan on chanting the spell for a minimum of one hour each day. I did this yesterday for a reversal and I loved it!! However, I used a double dipped jumbo reversible candle and it took FOREVER to burn!!!! I think I am going to love the double action candles!!

3) Considering the double action candles target both uncrossing and reversing would it be OK to substitute the uncrossing spell with a reversing spell? Or should I chant both?

4) I read different responses on this forum on how to apply the oils to the double action candles. So if I am using the double action candles for the 13 day uncrossing ritual would it be OK to anoint the black portion with reversing oil, and the color portion with uncrossing oil?

Thank you!!!

Carrissa

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:48 pm

CarrissaRenteria,

1) Our Uncrossing Spell Kit contains complete instructions.

2) Yes, you may use whichever candles you like best.

3) I do not know what you mean by "chant both." We don't chant. We do rootwork. This is folk magic and you may adapt spells to your own style of working. Chanting would not, however, be in the African American tradition.

4) Yes, that is okay, as are about three dozen other ways to do it -- for instance,
Reversing / Love Me
Reversing / Healing
Reversing / Jinx Killer
Reversing / Blessing
Reversing / Road Opener.

My work here is to teach you (and everyone else who wants to learn) the spiritual, cultural, and social basis of African American folk magic, and i urge you to study that as the foundation of all of your work, rather than querying about tiny tweaks to the kinds of candles or oil combinations you prefer.

If you have not read this page yet, start here:

Hoodoo History
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank you!

Oh, I meant chant or recite both spells. I will add the Uncrossing Spell Kit to my list! The chanting helped dissolve what felt like ninja hooks on my spine. Of course I was visualizing too! I will order your books as well.

Thank you for the detailed information.

Carrissa :)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:13 pm

CarrissaRenteria,

Cat was pointing out that we dont chant or repeat like a Pagan (instructed to us by Jesus), Cat was pointing that we pray, say our Psalms focus on our intention and goal and have faith it happens. We do not mix wicca or new age with hoodoo. Hoodoo is its own tradition.

Here is a link to some info on hoodoo: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi JayDee!

Thank you for clarifying! Yes, I understood. I was tapping into my own power. So whether I decide to say pslams, or chant spells during my rituals, it is still allowing me to tap into my God given power. We have forgotten how powerful we are! I think what magick is teaching me is how to tap into my own inner light with gusto. I go hard on reversals and make them realize the darkness can only ever be a servant of the light. If people knew better, they certainly would do better.

I have learned SO much from reading this forum! I will definitely read the history on hoodoo and Cat's books as I am very curious.

THANK YOU!!!

Carrissa :)

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am

Hey guys!

I’d like to do some reversals this weekend, and I can’t find 4”-5” mirror tiles anywhere! I know I can order them online but I’m afraid they won’t arrive on time. Any suggestions of where I can purchase these in the Los Angeles area? I’ve already tried Home Depot, Orchard Hardware Supply and Michael’s. No luck!

Thank you!!

Carrissa

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:42 am

CarrissaRenteria
Try craigslist, sometimes people are remodeling their homes or cleaning up their spaces at home and are getting rid of it for free. You can also try a second had store like goodwill.
Hope this helps.
Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks, Edward!!! I will check both. :)

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:27 am

Hello,

I've read the instructions on the lucky mojo site for jumbo double action reversal candles (and read the forum for clarity) but am still confused. So, please forgive my stupidity and need for precision in advance.

Once I have butted the end of the candle and flipped the black portion in the direction of my enemy, do I write that person's name on the black end from left to right (end of the candle towards the middle) backwards and in reverse lettering or do I write that person's name from right to left (center of the candle towards the end facing my enemy) backwards and in reverse lettering?

Thank you kindly.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am

Hello standswithafist,

When I do reversals, I write the enemy's name in "mirror writing," meaning I write the enemy's name backwards from the center of the black candle out to the tip. I hope that helps!

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Thank you! That's super helpful.

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:24 pm

HI!

I'm pretty sure I read the response to the question I'm about to ask but I can't recall. I am currently burning a jumbo green/black double action. It started at 2pm and I suspect it won't be finished by midnight. If I add a little patchouli herb to the top and make it burn faster will this cancel out the work? Or, is it best to snuff it out at midnight and continue the work tomorrow? I've always felt the work will automatically cancel out when the flame is extinguished.

Thank you!

Carrissa

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm

CarrissaRenteria

You can simply let the candle burn till it burns out, no need to stop it. But no extinguishing a candle is ok and a common way to work them it does not cancel the work. The only rule is not to blow it out. Get a candle snuffer and snuff it out, or wet your two fingers and put it out. Many spells you will see call to burn a candle over a series of days which means they are burned in sections, such as 15 mins over 7 or 9 days.

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 am

Perfect!! That’s good to know.

Thank you, JayDee!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks, JayDee, for answering CarissaRenteria's question ...

... And whenever i see a topic thread about a product start sprouting basic how-to questions like Carissa's, i know it is time for me to repost a mention that "we have published an inexpensive and time-saving instruction book that describes that procedure in detail." :-)

So here is is:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Thanks, Cat!!

I just placed an order and I will add your books to my next order - hopefully all of them!

Carrissa

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

Hello,

I've used the black and red and black and white double action candles with appropriate butting, oils etc. I am now going to use a solid black with red interior candle and am wondering if the same butting, burning upside down, etc applies?

Thank you

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:55 pm

standswithafist ,

You would carve the name of the person and petition in the wax reversed like seen in a mirror then dress it top to bottom and burn it. You certainly can flip it and do that as well.

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 am

JayDee,

Thanks very much!

standswithafist

DragonsLoveTacos
Newly Registered

Unread post by DragonsLoveTacos » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 am

Hello Lucky Mojo family!

I received my order of double action candles and the shipping was fast. Thank you THANK YOU for the extra reversing oil you included in my order!!! It looks and smells amazing. I’m looking forward to ordering all of your books and ordering more goodies. You guys are much appreciated.

Blessings!

Carrissa :-)

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:04 pm

My attempts to magically deal with a particularly evil and relentless individual are being met with some resistance, but I'm not willing to go down the path of cursing unless absolutely necessary. I am, however, trying to up the ante and empower some work I'm doing, including reversing. I'm wondering about the following:
1) Would burning 3 appropriately dressed Double Actions Candles (white, green and red) be more effective than burning just one?
2) In addition to speaking my prayer while dressing the candles, would adding a name paper or petition paper underneath each candle also help?

Thanks in advance.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:36 pm

standswithafist ,

The reversing candles and colors relate to the reversing that is being done IE a curse on love life would use a reversing red and black, green and black for finances. You can burn three in a triangle shape with the point of the triangle facing outward, take crab shell powder and sprinkle it counter clock wise making a triangle connecting the candles to send it back. Remember to carve the candles and dress them, you can add a petition under them along with a photo and a personal item if you have them.

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Thank you, JayDee. I'm aware of each one's significance and each is appropriate to the situation. I was simply wondering if burning them simultaneously might be more effective or pack a bigger punch so to speak. I greatly appreciate your additional instructions.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:22 pm

standswithafist,

I understand now better what you were asking. Burning in shapes or symbols is common and there is a great book that gives ideas on doing that. Since each is appropriate to the situation then yes I would use them, great thing about that is, if one area burns poorly you know exactly ( by the burn) which area you need extra attention to, such as burn more candles or need to pray more on.

Book on candles and shapes: THE MASTER BOOK OF CANDLE BURNING
by Henri Gamache

Cats candle book: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

standswithafist

Unread post by standswithafist » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 am

JayDee,

Thank you very much for this added knowledge and help!

I've been meaning to buy those books as well as another. Sounds like it's definitely time to do that.

Thanks again.

Nehal
Newly Registered

Unread post by Nehal » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 am

Hi All,

I have done a reversing candle spell and have questions:

The first candle went well,the black part melted and the red part melted over it,it had some signs on it such as something that looked like claws and 4 long drip lines from the black part which melted down when the red part started to melt as well.As a precaution

I did another reversing candle and on this one the black part did not want to melt,it was hanging on even when the red part started to melt, so I got concerned and asked spirit to help me figure out what is going on with the second candle and when I slept I was told that only one person was clinging to me and everything else was reversed.

So my question is what can I do to get rid of this person?, they are a relative and spirit also gave me their name.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 am

Nehal --

A reversing candle will return negativity to a person, but to move the person away, you would want to try a Hot Foot spell.

See: http:luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”