• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:01 am

Effect of Lucky Mojo Oils and Spiritual Supplies on Pets

Effect of Lucky Mojo Oils and Spiritual Supplies on Pets

Unread postby sassafrassblonde » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:29 am

Just wondering if anyone knows about the effect of the oils on animals.

I have a friend who is going to let me ride her horses, they need the excercise, and I need the practice, and wondering if there are suggestions to 'sweeten' the horses. They are a bit high strung, (all that special BREEDING dontcha know) - I'd like to keep them calm.

I normally would only bathe with a castile soap, no perfumes....but wondering here.

Any suggestions?

Sassy :roll:
sassafrassblonde

Re: LM oils effect on animals (horses in particular)

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Tranquility would be nice. You could even get some hairs from the horses and put them in a honey jar with calming and soothing herbs. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Using LM products on pets?

Unread postby 1bella » Thu May 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi, I'm new here. Didn't think that I would be writing here but I've been reading the forums off and on and today I have a "burning" question. First, maybe a little backstory...

I came on this site, believe it or not, looking for laundry bar soaps and floor washes. Nothing more or less. I was very impressed with the idea of getting a laundry soap that is scented with lemon grass and I am awaiting the soaps and floor washes with excitement. The fact that I could be cleansing my home and laundry in more ways than one was really appealing.

Now, today, I've been going about, looking for something to supplement the top spot anti-flea oil for cats but came to find out that cats are quite sensitive to essential oils, etc. So, what I was wondering was:

Can Lucky Mojo products be used to help calm cats down, like in a bath?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
Last edited by catherineyronwode on Thu May 10, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to remove references to another non-lucky mojo products
1bella

Re: Using LM products on pets?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu May 10, 2012 8:15 pm

I personally would not use any essential oils on a cat or dog -- the skin of dogs, in particular, is far more sensitive and allergicly reactive than the skin of human beings. (We have tougher skin because we have very little fur covering).

When working with pets, i am more likely to use a room spray type approach, or a talismanic charm.

Calming down a cat may take being able to speak to it in cat-motherly tones. I can teach people how to do this (or you can learn how off the web) but it is not so much a magical working as learning to speak to the cat in its own language.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Oils and Pets

Unread postby nana664 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Does anyone here find that your pets seem to be attracted to some of your oils? My dogs stay real close to me when I wear some, and they seem particularly fond of the Fiery Wall of Protection oil. I mix it with my unscented lotion, and they always want to lick my feet. I tell them to stop licking away my protection. :lol:
Thank you St. Anthony, for all you've done for me
nana664

Re: Oils and Pets

Unread postby angelbear » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 pm

One of my dogs likes Tranquility but I use it more on him than myself...I do get extra sniffs when wearing it though!

If I have to go out and leave him, I now use Commanding oil on the door frame as he has a habit of trying to scratch his way out! He hasn't done it since I've used the oil so it's either worked or he just really doesn't like the smell :lol:
angelbear

Animal Spirits Attracted to Cleansed Homes?

Unread postby MoonBreath » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Just wondering ... would animal spirits be attracted to homes cleansed with Chinese Wash/Florida Water/ Peace Water? I'm renting a house in the desert which has a Wash behind it. ( a Wash is a dry creek bed ...unless it rains ;) ) I've seen all sorts of wildlife out back: birds, bunny rabbits, big lizards, tarantulas, even a fox and a bobcat. I've cleaned this place with Chinese Wash and Pine-sol, but last time I cleaned, I forgot to burn the white candle afterwards to "seal" the place. Since then I've seen fast moving shadow-like things near the floor a couple of times. They seem to be the size and height of animals. We keep getting woke up at night too. I was wondering since "living" animals come to the wash, would spirits of animals come there too? While at the Wash, would they be curious and check out a house all cleansed and magically ...nice?

Does anyone else have experience with this? It seems like dead animals would be curious about a place with "good vibes" . By spiritually cleaning, then forgetting the sealing and protection part, have I made this place a glowing, neon beacon on the spiritual plane? :?
MoonBreath

Re: Animal Spirits Attracted to Cleansed Homes?

Unread postby ProfessorAmes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:17 am

I'll let someone with more experience with animal spirits tackle that side of it, but here is my experience:

Anytime someone puts magical energy out there, they seem to pierce the veil between this and the spirit world. Spirits on the whole seem generally unconcerned with us until we do so, then it's like "oh, they can see me!" and they react. Many times this is an invitation for trickster spirits to come "play" - but I would think this would also attract animal spirits as well. Something has changed in their landscape (spiritually), so it seems natural (or supernatural) that they would come check it out.

I'm not sure if the protection keeps them from being interested, I think it just keeps them from meddling. They may just be more bold or noticeable to you.

If they are annoying try some Dragon's Blood Resin Incense to clear them out. You could also put some camphor with some Florida Water in little bowls and set around the perimeter to keep them from trudging through your space.
ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby saramagnuson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am

Hi MoonBreath,

I'm going to chime in here because I work a lot with animal spirits. In my experience, animal spirits can often times react in the same way as human spirits. As Professor Ames stated, they can be hanging around, but not really make themselves known until you've put your energy out to them. It sounds like you're attuned to, aware of, and even happy about the living animals around your property and the spiritual cleansing could very well have drawn the attention of the animal spirits. Are the "shadow-like things" scary or disturbing to you? Or do you just notice that they're there? If they're coming around inside your house in a bothersome way, I would suggest making a special place for them outside. Set up an animal spirit altar with offerings for them outside and away from your house and let them know you don't mind their presence, just not indoors. Also in line with what Professor Ames said, you could do some protection work around the perimeter of your house as well, to keep them from coming inside. I also don't think it's too late to still burn some white candles indoors!
Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

Sara Magnuson
#1600G
saramagnuson

Unread postby saramagnuson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 am

Wanted to add one more thing to my last post...
If the animal spirits seem dangerous or threatening to you, then a different course of action would probably need to be taken. But I'll wait for you to clarify if that's the case.

Thanks!
Sara Magnuson
#1600G
saramagnuson

Unread postby MoonBreath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Professor and Sara, thank you for the replies. I appreciate the information. I do not find the shadow-like things frightening ... but they move really fast along the floor and it surprises me. Like I'll be walking through a room, and one will dart across the floor in front of me. It makes me jump just like I would if a real lizard, rat, whatever ... ran right in front of me. Or I'll be standing on one side of the bedroom and spot one zooming across the floor - it just makes me do a double take. I do not feel threatened. I do not feel any ill will ... it's just like having little critters in the house.... and it's getting old.
I plan on cleaning again tomorrow with Chinese Wash and Pine-sol, but this time I will be burning the white candles afterwards and saying St. Michael's prayer while putting Van Van and Florida Water on the doors and windows. If I see them after that, I'll write back for help and advice. Thanks again. :)
MoonBreath

Unread postby MoonBreath » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Just an update .... Did house cleansing followed by protection/blessing and have not had a problem since. However, the real wildlife is even more interested. I now have a wild bunny who comes out of the wash and under the gate onto the back patio. He seems to want inside ... coming right up to the sliding glass door and standing on his little back feet peering into the living room. :)
MoonBreath

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm

That is so great! Thank you for the update and keep us posted on any continued activity! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MoonBreath » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Update: There HAS been further activity, but I PM Sara about it because she works with animal spirits and I was sorta freaked out. But I noticed that a lot of people have read this thread, so I decided I should tell everyone the update. Several days ago I woke up and saw a wolf spirit standing on his hind legs at the foot of my bed, just looking at me. Then he was gone. There was nothing threatening about him, more like he was just letting me know he was there. I have never seen an animal spirit full on before - only the shadow/movement things near the floor, like I said earlier in this thread. Sara suggested it might be my Totem animal - so I am researching that subject now. The past few weeks I have been cleansing weekly with Chinese Wash and Pine-sol, then sealing with white candles, Van Van oil, and Florida Water for protection.

I am moving across country this week and it will be interesting to see if this wolf spirit follows me. Not sure if he has always been there and only now decided to show himself, or if he came round because of my current location and all the spiritual cleansing I've been doing. Any one who has had a similar experience, please feel free to share. This is all new to me so I would appreciate any information on this subject matter.
MoonBreath

Unread postby Spookyredhead » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 am

Wow! I am loving the idea of the ghost wolf. So cool! I hope it is appropriate to post my question here? It just seemed fitting...

We have 2 actual birds as pets in our house. One little green love bird and one sun conure. I saw a bird shadow fly across the ceiling one night after they had been covered. I thought it was weird but I figured it was my imagination so I never mentioned it to anyone. A couple weeks later my husband was home alone and saw a little bird fly over his shoulder and into the bathroom he was just walking into. Both of our birds were put away so he looked all over but didn't find this other bird. He told me about it and then I shared my shadow story with him. A month after that, our birds are put away and yet I see a small blue bird (looks like my little green bird, but blue) fly though our hallway. I tell my husband what I saw...and when I start describing him and get to the color, my husband finishes my sentence saying "but he was blue". He had never told me that the ghost bird was blue when he saw him earlier.

The last time he was spotted, my 3 year old was in the living room yelling at our love bird to not be walking on the floor (he's not allowed to do that for safety reasons). I come in the room right away because he was supposed to be in his cage. I see nothing on the floor and tell my boy that the bird is in his cage. He looked shocked and confused. I assume he saw our little spirit friend.

Sadly, I haven't seen him for a while. I had an appointment with a Miss Elvyra about 6 months ago and she told me that this was a family totem for our house. I really didn't have a chance to ask her what this meant or what I should do to make him happy. I did put a covered jar with a blue bird on the top on the living room mantle and told him that it was for him. Any info on what I can do to work with this spirit is appreciated. I would really like to see him again. :)

Thanks,

Spookyredhead
Thank you Blessed Mother for answering my prayers.
Spookyredhead

Unread postby MoonBreath » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 pm

That's cool! I love bluebirds :) Bluebirds are associated with happiness, prosperity, and joy so what a nice animal to be haunting you. Maybe he came around to see your two real birds ( He can tell ya'll are bird lovers). Maybe someone who reads this forum can give you info about your Bluebird Spirit, and me some info about my Wolf Spirit. Interesting that both our ghost animals are very much associated with Native American Lore. I have Cherokee, and possibly Creek, blood in my family - how about you? Also, were you cleansing your home a lot when your Bluebird appeared?
MoonBreath

Unread postby Spookyredhead » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 am

Funny, yes. I was working on cleansing my house and myself when this all started actually. And no, I do not have any Native American blood in me (that I know of), but I live in a valley just outside of Madison, Wis. that has quite a lot of Native American history. I am a transplanted, Eastern European city girl who since moving to this area has had Native American spirit guide dream visitations that came out of nowhere. This was never in my paradigm before. I'm actually pretty interested in working with these spirits who seem to be knocking on my door, but I am not even sure where to start. Anyone who wants to suggest some books or something...I'm all ears!

And, I also love the idea of a spirit bird visiting my house just because he feels welcome!
Spookyredhead

Unread postby MoonBreath » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Update: I've been back East now for a few weeks and have decided I might not be dealing with a Wolf spirit, but a Coyote. Here are the reasons: In my research of Native American Totem Animals, it seems that the Coyote is a Trickster who often appears as a sort of coyote-like man. What I saw was standing upright at the foot of my bed, like a person, but with an animal head, tail, and feet. There was no threatening vibe as this spirit was smiling at me ( with a sharp tooth canine grin ). The figure seemed powerful and strong, but there was a goofiness about that grin that I just can't imagine any self respecting Wolf projecting. Since the Coyote is a Trickster, it makes more sense to me he could be comfortable sporting a goofy grin. Also, right before my move, a coyote was seen at night trotting up my street back East, where he proceeded to stop and poop (in the street) right in front of my house :shock: ( Eew! ) When I got back, we started hearing Coyote howls at night quite often. A couple of nights ago, I was out burning leaves and sticks in my backyard by myself when a Coyote howled in the lot right next to me, maybe 50 feet away. It scared me so bad because I had no idea he was there! Anyway, we've never had this much Coyote activity in our neighborhood. In the past, we might hear a faint howl off in the woods once in a while, but since my "visitation" I've got Coyotes coming right up in my yard.

Yes, I have been cleansing the house here regularly since I moved back. I've been using Pine-sol and Chinese Wash to scrub and Florida water and Van Van afterwards. I have also been burning Incense ( Blessing, FWP, etc. ) I guess wild animals still like spiritually clean homes .... but what does the Coyote want with me?
MoonBreath

Unread postby Spookyredhead » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 am

Dude...I think you and I need to visit a Shaman!
Spookyredhead

Unread postby saramagnuson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:36 am

Spookyredhead,

Your little "spirit bird" is so interesting! I believe that a love bird is a type of small parrot, but let me know if that's different from your green love bird. Assuming that's correct, there are species of blue love birds (specifically, a blue peach-faced love bird). Parrots in general are considered birds of the sun and their feathers used to call on the healing power of the sun. Because of the parrot's ability to mimic humans, they can also be seen as a link between the bird realm and the human realm. The color blue represents understanding, calmness and protection. Since it appears that your family has a connection with these birds, you may consider saving some of your bird's feathers and putting them with the little jar you mentioned. Ask the spirit bird to assist in protecting and calming your birds and your home. I have found that Lucky Mojo's Spirit Guide Oil works very well with my animal curios. Get a small blue candle, dress it with this oil and burn it by the little jar and feathers. Take the lid off the jar and put some water in it as an offering to the spirit bird.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Sara Magnuson
#1600G
saramagnuson

Unread postby Spookyredhead » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Oh what wonderful advice Sara! Thank you! I actually got some spirit guide oil in a recent LM order so I'm starting on this right away. Hopefully I will see my little ghost bird friend again soon. I would really appreciate his healing sun energy around the house.

And yes, my little love bird is a green peach-face. I think the one I'm seeing around the house is the same, but of the blue variety.

Cassandra
Spookyredhead

Unread postby magicinthemoment » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:28 am

Yes, I am convinced that I am not the only one in the household that loves LM oils.

Peewee, my youngest cat, who thinks she is a dog is always attached at my hip. But, when I wear some type of lotion she wants "nothing" to do with me.
However, since I have been wearing the LM oils everyday, it seems like she can't get close enough to me.
The oils seem to give her some tranquility. My husband has even noticed it. She normally sits next to me, she has now moved to sitting on my chest. It is so cute!
magicinthemoment

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Interesting dialogue, but I have not found that with my precious angels.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals