Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Eggs and Egg Shell Powder: Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
route95
Forum Member
Re: Back Again... For Lots of Help with Love Situation

Unread post by route95 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm sorry about your pain, greekbaby. I understand how you feel; i recently went through a falling out when I was supposed to be reconciling with an ex as well. Definitely concentrate on yourself and YOU feeling best and YOUR needs. I noticed that the days became a lot more bearable when I saved most of my energy on the spellwork to improve things with the boy, but spent the rest of the day to heal and get into things that I had neglected while in the relationship.

But yes the cleansing should be removing negative energy. But don't think that the egg should be a fix all. You also have to do your part and try to think positive, go out, don't mope, don't look at the guy's facebook profile/twitter/etc.

Keep us updated though! Stay strong and good luck :)

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks route95. :)
I will be doing my egg cleansing and focus on staying positive. I know he is with another girl right now, which gets me down deeply, but I am going to try and stay positive so things can turn around back to the way they were.
Now all I have to do is find an appropriate rootworker! :D

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Just took and egg and rubbed it slowly down from head to toe on my body and repeated for all the negative energy to disappear and to bring positive energy so I may prepare myself for a hopefully successful reading to get a love of mine back. I put the egg under by bed on top of a picture of myself.
In the morning, I will crack the egg in a small bowl of water. Then, I will go and throw all of it's contents out in the woods to a tree and won't look back.
After this, I will need to seek out another rootworker. I will keep you all updated. Any additional advice if any of you have any would be very awesome!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 am

Sounds good about the egg cleansing. If you want you can start burning a road opener candle, to help clear the way to help you get your love situation going when you find a rootworker.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:30 pm

^ Thanks again for the tip starsinthesky7, you are such a sweetheart!

I just finished my egg cleansing... I'm not sure if it worked...
I took a bowl and filled it with water. I cracked the egg open and I didn't see anything unusual, except for white stuff that seemed to be from the egg itself. Anyway, I took the egg with the water and walked away from my house to whip it in the woods. I didn't look back after I flung it.

Did I do something wrong? :/

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Is there anything else I can do before I got my reading?
I think I've picked out my rootworker and I need to get my reading done quick because "Karl" is about to engage to a girl he was seeing...
I just don't understand why he left me and just dropped connections with me. It was so sudden.
Any advice is highly appreciated. Any further advice to stay positive please? :(

greekbabyyy

Unread post by greekbabyyy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 am

Anyone?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

greekbabyyy

Make a list of the questions you want to ask, and the topics you want to cover and any specific points. Whenever I don't do that before a reading I end up kicking myself because I remember something after the fact that I wanted to/should have asked about.

divaluck
Forum Member
Black Hen Egg Break-Up Spell

Unread post by divaluck » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:14 am

I have read an old spell that calls for a black hen egg. You are to boil the egg in your own urine, peel the egg and feed half to a dog and half to a cat. This is meant to break up a couple. My question is, is this a safe thing to do, has anyone ever done anything like this? I have done cleansing work with a hen egg but I have never ingested it or fed it to an animal.

I know Lucky Mojho sells as a "curio" only. Just wondering if it would be safe to ingest or if anyone has ever done this type of working. Thanks!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Black Hen Egg

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 am

Well chicken eggs are chicken eggs and are certainly edible. ALL the products on LM as sold as "curios" as it's a legal issue and you have to say that. Urine is sterile, and animals eat waste material all the time, so feeding an egg that was boiled in urine shouldn't cause any harm to the animal that I can see.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

divaluck
Forum Member

Unread post by divaluck » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:50 am

Would you recommend having it sent Fed Ex? I typically get LM deliveries within a week...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 am

I've never ordered an egg through LM before. Your best bet is to call the shop and ask what they recommend.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:03 am

We send the black hen eggs out by regular mail and have had no complaints. we will send them Fed Ex only if you have your own Fed Ex account connected to your own credit card, as otherwise we tend to get shafted by customers who refuse to pay their Fed Ex bill.

The spell is ancient and i believe that the first recorded instance of it is Jewish, from a book written about 1,000 years ago -- which makes is one of the many interesting Jewish spells included in the corpus of hoodoo.

Order:
ZOO-BHE-EGGO Zoological Curio Black Hen Egg Curio $3.00

ZOO-BHE-EGGO
Black Hen Egg Curio
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

ZOO-CUP-CASC
Eggshell Powder Cup, Cascarilla, 2 per pkg
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

divaluck
Forum Member

Unread post by divaluck » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks Cat! I don't have a FedEx account so I will order it with my regular order. Great info about the origination of the spell too, thanks!

alwaylucky808

Re: egg on a roof

Unread post by alwaylucky808 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:15 pm

dose the eeg have to crackon the roof? or it is OVER the house and landed the otherside?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 pm

I have mojojake.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

LUCKY7
Forum Member

Unread post by LUCKY7 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:53 am

Hi,what if you dont want a certain person or people entering someone else"s house , can u do the same...like write their names,or name and throw on the house of those you dont want visited??

Maljen
Forum Member

Unread post by Maljen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:14 am

Nite, thanks for sharing this! The soon-to-be ex is making noise about taking leave and has openly hinted about coming back this way. Obviously I do not want him under this roof, so your spell is perfectly timed for my situation! Again, many thanks...
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

niteraptor
Forum Member
Location: a rabbit hole under cemetary hill by the union of 3 roads and 3 rivers

Unread post by niteraptor » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

lucky7
I did this at my friends house after a bad break up and he didn't come back so give it a try!

splitpea

Unread post by splitpea » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:16 am

great idea

baja

Unread post by baja » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 am

:)

zee

Unread post by zee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Nita and all!
Sounds like a great spell, I have heard variations of it, ie folks breaking eggs at one's door to bring bad luck, but not this one. So in this you write the persons name on your egg( i a hoping just a regular egg will do?), and fling it on your own roof? Do you need to do anything else?

niteraptor
Forum Member
Location: a rabbit hole under cemetary hill by the union of 3 roads and 3 rivers

Unread post by niteraptor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 pm

just throw it on their roof and make sure it either breaks up there or stays up there.

witchy_woman
Forum Member

How to do an egg cleansing correctly

Unread post by witchy_woman » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:39 am

I know this maybe a silly question, but I was wondering how to correctly do an egg cleansing?

My mother use to do them, but she had since passed away. I never thought to ask or pay attention. I just always assumed she would be there to teach me. I had almost completely forgot about egg cleansing, until I read a post that mentioning them.

Also, how do you read the egg? I never really understood that part.

Thanks!
Thank you St. Jude, for answering all my prayers!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: How to do an egg cleansing correctly

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:36 am

Skyme74, what you call "smoky" is the natural cloudiness of raw egg white. An egg divination that shows only natural cloudiness means that nothing curse-like was found on you, but that any negativity on you was removed.

Witchy_woman, there is no "one correct way" to perform an egg cleansing, as this method appears in many diverse cultures.

Basically, with or without prayers or statements of intention, you roll a raw egg in its shell (an egg that was laid by a black hen, or by a frizzled fowl, or by just any hen), over the body of a person or over the proxy of a body or a location (e.g. a doll or an image of a person or a place). Often (but not always) the direction of rolling is downward.

The egg may then be disposed of in a ritual manner -- such as throwing it at a large tree or into a crossroads) or it may be opened immediately or saved overnight (e.g. under the bed or atop the fireplace mantel) and cracked open the next day to read the contents for any sort of anomolous structures that indicate a severe curse.

See these web pages for more information:

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:
Black Hens, Hen Eggs, and Frizzled Fowl --
http://luckymojo.com/blackhens.html

Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers:
In-Person Cleansing with an Egg --
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ith_an_Egg

Spiritual Cleansing with an Egg from a Distance --
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... a_Distance

Egg Divination --
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... Divination

If you want to order a fresh egg from a black frizzled hen in my own flock, just send for

ZOO-BHE-EGGO Zoological Curio Black Hen Egg Curio $3.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

oceanmermaid
Forum Member
Is there a meaning associated with double yolk eggs

Unread post by oceanmermaid » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I am not sure where to find this out... but is there any 'Meaning" to finding a double yolk egg?? I did a nuber of searches and have only come up with a break up up spell. I am just interested in learning any meanings behind finding one or eating one..... if someone knows any historical supersitions or wifetales about this topic. For some reason I think it may be a good omen....but would like some feedback if anyone has any. Thanks all!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Is there a meaning associated with double yolk eggs

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Double yolk eggs have several uses. These are not "historical supersitions or wifetales" but actual magical spells.

1) Like a double-cherry or other double-formed fruit, they can be shared by a couple, each of whom ewach half as part of a love-binding spell.

2) West Leland taught me this spell: A separation spell can be performed with a double-yolked egg by writing names on either end, piercing both ends with a needle, and dosing each end with red pepper and graveyard dirt introduced on the point of a knife, then burying the egg in a red ant's nest. As the ants eat out the egg from both ends, so will the people names on the egg be separated.
catherine yronwode

oceanmermaid
Forum Member
Re: double yolk eggs

Unread post by oceanmermaid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:15 am

Thank you Cat! I will keep researching, I have had some women say it means twins for the woman who finds it... or in general.... a good omen. but nothing solid or historical as of yet. my friend who found one in her dozen was quite surprised and is going through a rough time in her life, a separation/possible divorce and I was hoping to find some solid supersitions to back up it is a good "thing". She is an immgrant from Laos and was afraid it "means" something bad. She has never heard of this hapening in eggs. But I have, on some vauge gut feeling I thought it meant a "good" thing. Although I cannot remeber where I read this information....
Thanks again!

witchy_woman
Forum Member

Re: Cleansing with an Egg: Questions and Answers

Unread post by witchy_woman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 am

Thank you for all the info, Catherine.
Thank you St. Jude, for answering all my prayers!

Criss1
Newly Registered

spiritual egg cleansing

Unread post by Criss1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

What is the best way for doing a egg cleansing to your self to remove negative energies :?:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: spiritual egg cleansing

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:04 pm

There is no "best" way. There are many ways and they vary from culture to culture and tradition to tradition. In many cultures, you cannot do it for yourself, but only have someone do it for you. In cultures where you can do it for yourself, you roll the egg over your body, then throw it out -- at an old tree, into a crossroads, etc. Also the egg is used in some cultures to divine if you have been cursed. FInally, in some traditions, the kind of egg is important, and the egg from a black hen is highly favoured. For this reason we keep a small flock of chickens at Luck Mojo and sell black hen eggs via mail order.

Read more here on these AIRR pages:

In-person cleansing with an egg:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... ith_an_Egg

Cleansing with an egg at long distance:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... a_Distance

Divination with an egg:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Divination

ZOO-BHE-EGGO
Black Hen Egg Curio
$3.00

ZOO-CUP-CASC
Eggshell Powder Cup, Cascarilla, 2 per pkg
$4.00

catherine yronwode

Artaynia
Forum Member

Spells for Depression Questions & Answers

Unread post by Artaynia » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 pm

I did this once and my lips went droppy as egg cleaning relaxes the muscles. But is it advisable not to egg cleanse the face?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: When egg cleansing can you egg cleanse the face?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Artaynia,

I've never heard of lips going droopy from running an intact room-temperature egg in it's shell over the skin before. Unless perhaps someone was very allergic to eggs. Traditional egg cleansings nearly always include the face area.

Buttercup

Re: When egg cleansing can you egg cleanse the face?

Unread post by Buttercup » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:18 pm

When doing an egg cleansing, I usually run the egg over all areas of my body I can reach, including my face. I've never had any problems with it.

Artaynia
Forum Member

When and who need egg cleansing the most?

Unread post by Artaynia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 am

When is the right time and age for a person to be egg cleansed?

There are different methods of cleansing and also what cleansing is best for a certain situation? From mild to strong cleansing?

Turnsteel

Re: When and who need egg cleansing the most?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Artaynia

They are cleansed when they have need to be cleansed.

The different methods are not a matter of "mild to strong cleansing". Each technique and variant of form arose in a different culture, in different times and places.

Artaynia
Forum Member

I want to help cleanse away general negativity?

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Hello I feel very guilty. I helped protect someone by placing herbs behind their picture , but because it was in plastic I removed it from their picture,

suddenly the person that was used to having a certain protective barrier around them had that taken away from them by me and I feel guilty because I never replaced it because I didnt know the quantity of the herbs that I used so didnt bother to remake the protection satchet but with natural fiber behind the picture to store the sachet.

Anyways because of this I have seen this person attract negatitiy and I know its because of me giving the person protection and taking it away from them.

How can I make things better for that person because they don't deserve to be going through any of this and I feel guilty and upset because they had nothing to do with it in the first place and I get angry at the people being negative to them because its not of their making.

How can I make things right for them so all is well and balanced for them?

Could I egg cleanse the person? Would this be sufficient?

But I was thinking this may be too strong.

I don't know. I stuck with what to do.

Artaynia
Forum Member

Re: Eggs and Egg Shell Powder: Questions and Answers

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks, turnsteel.

After you egg cleanse a person, how do you wash off the excess negativity?

Do you do a cleansing bath straight after?

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: I want to help cleanse away general negativity?

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:29 am

Hi Artanyia,

have you had a reading to determine if the issue is general negativity or crossed conditions?

as to the cleansing itself, egg cleansing is fine. a 1, 3 or 7 day use of 13 herb bath in conjuction with the recitation of psalm 51 is very effective as well: the duration required dependent on the degree of ''ickiness''.

I'd also replace the herbs you removed by making up a mojo bag for protection. It doesn't have to be identical to the sachet you had before, it just requires what's necessary to keep protection on-going. Feeding the mojo with Protection or Fiery Wall of Protection Oil (or Healing or Blessing!) will keep it alive and well. You can also have a custom mojo hand made by LM for the purpose (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo-1x-fiery-wall.html or http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo-1x-van-van.html are good choices)

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: I want to help cleanse away general negativity?

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 am

Very good advice aura, as you probably know I am a fan f 13 Herb Spiritual Baths (http://www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html) Artaynia, you can use this as a sneaky trick if your friend is not liberal about spiritual baths.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 am

Artaynia,

1) Just remake the herb packet in a paper envelope and put it back behind the picture. That's all you need to do. Use the same herb mixture you used before.

2) Egg cleansing cannot be "too strong." It is "just right."

3) In asking how to wash off negativity after an egg cleansing, you are completely missing the point. The egg cleansing IS THE CLEANSING. You do not cleanse AFTER it because it IS the cleansing and removes the negativity itself.

You are fretting and overthinking the situation. If you want to help people such as your friend, you must start from a calm and confident center. When you feel calm and strong of mind, then go ahead.

It is my belief, based on your many posts about negative energies and repeated cleansings here --

i-cleanse-but-still-accumulate-negative ... 12393.html

and your stated fears concerning an egg cleansing being "too strong," about getting "stuck" in decision making, and about your feeling that you will need to do a second cleansing after the egg cleansing to "wash off the negativity" of the egg cleansing, that you have a mental condition called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

OCD seems to be linked to a condition of low serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a hormone that creates or mediates a sense of contentment and satisfaction. People with low serotonin cannot feel a sense of completion or satisfaction in the way that most people can. This leads them to feel the need to repeat things -- switching the lights on and off until they get it "right" -- or to "check" things -- going back to see if they really turned the oven off -- or to simply repeat things like cleansings -- washing the dishes twice or even three times.

In your case, we have seen you fretting about doing cleansings upon cleansings. Also, you have intrusive thoughts about negative energies or mistakes being made. These intrusive thoughts lead you to repeat procedures again and again.

I am not a doctor, but i have friends with OCD, and you sound just like they did before they got prescription medications to increase the levels of serotonin in their brains. The medications are called selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI) drugs. Commons brand names for a few of the SSRIs are Prozac, Paxil, Serzone, etc. Some are given for depression, and some are given for OCD. I believe -- although a doctor would tell you better information -- that Paxil is the one most often prescribed for OCD.

I also know from my friends with OCD that SSRI drugs are considered to work most effectively when combined with a form of therapy called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), in which your therapist will help you identify the specific triggers of your intrusive thoughts (the Obsessive or O part of OCD) so that you can reduce your need to repeat things over and over, like cleansing after a cleansing (the Compulsive or C part of OCD).

The key to successful treatment of OCD is SSRI plus CBT.

Think about it.You need not suffer these crippling doubts if you get effective treatment.

As i said before, i am not a doctor, and this is not a diagnosis, but you sound just like my friends with OCD before they got treatment, and i think you should at least go to a psychiatric doctor and ask to be tested and see what the doctor says. If i am wrong, well, at least you will know that you don't have OCD. If i am right, you will be on the road to effective treatment with SSRI drugs plus CBT training to reduce your fears.

God luck.
catherine yronwode

CC1
Forum Member

Unread post by CC1 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 am

Hi everyone,

I am from London and new to this site, but I do find it smashing.
Wanted to ask...I live next to a river and would it be good if I just throw the egg in it as there are no trees near by.

xox

Artaynia
Forum Member

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 am

Hi I have a quick question, Is it normal to have the egg cleanse at least once a month? And I've seen a ritual where you wash yourself with a paticula herb then egg cleanse then smoke yourself with another type of herb have you also herd of this ritual?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 am

Artaynia wrote:Hi I have a quick question, Is it normal to have the egg cleanse at least once a month?
For some it is, for others it is not. There is no one rule about this, some people like to cleanse once a month, others once a week. Some like to take a cleansing bath or such once a month and keep up with it by washing with spiritual soaps in between full cleansing rites.

Artaynia wrote:And I've seen a ritual where you wash yourself with a paticula herb then egg cleanse then smoke yourself with another type of herb have you also herd of this ritual?
That's very vague, but yes I have heard of people taking an herbal bath followed by an egg cleansing, and smoking someone with herbs is common. Is this all part of the exact same ritual? Some codified act repeated verbatim every time? Of course not, recipes for baths vary, techniques in egg cleansing vary, and preference for smoking herbs varies.

Artaynia
Forum Member

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Brilliant thanks.

sun_n_sea
Forum Member
Re: Eggshell powder

Unread post by sun_n_sea » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 pm

The egg shell cups I seen look solid but have a loose soft feel.

I know it has many uses. I use it almost ever time I go out for protection. Put some on the middle area of my sole feet & on the back of my neck before I leave my home.

However, and this is a question that came to me after reading something over the internet. Is it true that if you put some on your hands before you shake hands with that desired special someone it'll create a bind?...

I read "To marry the person you want: Rub your hands with powdered egg shell before you shake hands with him or her."

What you guys think?
~My best is not yet meet, is it my Imagination or Ambition.~

Artaynia
Forum Member

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I forgot to thank for all the answers.

Artaynia
Forum Member

Unread post by Artaynia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:45 am

Ok I feel a little silly for this but it really wasn't my fault basically I was having a general egg cleanse and the egg broke in my hand and little fell on the floor and some on me, So I quickly got in the shower and then after spray bleached the floor and mopped it and prayed while doing so then smudged the room, then prayed to remove any negativity. Will this suffice or should I scrub the whole room with chinese wash I feel very panicky as you may be able to pick up from my typing, what should I do?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:51 pm

The eggs break from time to time. Simply cleanse yourself off, wash down where the yolk falls and you'll be fine.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

newworldwitchery
Forum Member

Unread post by newworldwitchery » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:37 am

Hi all,

Read this thread with tremendous interest, as I think this is a very useful method for spiritual cleansing. Momma Starr mentioned it on her show at one point as a reasonable substitute for spiritual baths if you don't have the ability to do a full bath for some reason.

One thing I've not really seen mentioned in this discussion is the use of 'marking' with the eggs. The way I've learned it (from a curandera and also from someone steeped in the Pow-wow tradition with a lot of rootwork background) the body is marked at certain points during an egg cleansing with signs, usually a cross, to seal the body against spiritual intrusion for a while. The parts marked are frequently the top of the head, the back of the neck, the heart, the lips (sometimes), the hands, the stomach/groin area (usually done by the client to avoid impropriety), and the soles of the feet. Prayers said include the Apostle's Creed, the Lord's Prayer, the Ave Maria/Hail Mary, and frequently psalms like Psalm 51.

The Pow-wow worker also kept a bucket of salted water at hand and dropped the egg into it after the cleansing so he could carry it away to be disposed of without risking contaminating himself by holding on to it too long. Has anyone seen anything like that?

Hohman recommends a cure for "falling away" sickness that involves boiling an egg, drilling three holes in it, and leaving it on an anthill to be devoured.

Cora L.M. Daniels mentions in her Encyclopedia of Superstitions, Folklore, & Occult Sciences that villagers in Madeira did an annual egg reading on St. John's Eve, determining the course of events for the coming year: "They take a newly laid egg, break it in a tumbler of cold water, and place it out of doors in a secluded place. Should the white rise in lines that in any way represent a ship, they will soon take a voyage. If it at all resembles a house, it means marriage and settling down. If a coffin or tombstone, it means death" (p. 1551).

And Vance Randolph mentions a neat bit of egg lore in his Ozark Magic & Folklore book which involves an unmarried girl boiling an egg, taking the yolk out and replacing it with salt, then eating the whole thing before going to bed. She will then dream of someone bringing her water, and whoever it is will be her future husband.

So, yeah, lots of neat stuff about eggs! I hope more people come forward with stories and methods for using eggs magically!

-Cory

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I was taught to use Eggs to get rid of pain too. You wash the Egg in cold water then gentle rub it where you have pain while praying that the pain be drawn out of the body and into the egg. This was often done for headaches and bodyaches when I was young. I remember once watching a conjure woman rub eggs on a man's feet for nearly 2 hours, but when she was done he no longer had any foot pain.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

blessebythebest
Forum Member

Egg Questions and Answers

Unread post by blessebythebest » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 pm

What is a egg cleansing and what do I need to do it?

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I got the Cascarilla cups in the mail for keeping off bill collectors. But it didn't have any instructions on how to use it. Going on what's been said about eggs, my best guess would be to mix it with water and then bathe with it?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator
Re: Egg Questions and Answers

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

dtmacon1

An egg cleansing is a way of using a fresh, natural egg to remove energies of different sorts. In latin countries it is often called a "limpia".
The idea is that an egg has a natural ability to absorb energy which can be enhanced by praying over the egg.
It is then rubbed on the body in different ways or placed in the room one wants to have cleansed etc.
You will need at least one egg to do it.

It can be used in combination to any of the LM cleansing products and Hoodoo procedures to enhance the work.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

ladyna23
Newly Registered

Re: Is there a meaning associated with double yolk eggs

Unread post by ladyna23 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Is there a contact number for West Leland?

farosea
Forum Member

Eggs and evil intent?

Unread post by farosea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:12 am

Hello all

Just hoping for a little advice from people more versed in this topic than I am. We have found two eggs placed at the front of our house in the last week, in places where chickens could not possibly lay them. I am wondering what the best way to dispose of these is. I will not touch them until I know the best way to do so. Our life isnt exactly a happy and healthy one and I dare not risk more trouble. Any suggestions?

Warmly
Farosea

MaryBee
Forum Moderator
Re: Eggs and evil intent?

Unread post by MaryBee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 am

I would use gloves or a stick to roll the eggs into a paper bag and then take the bag to a crossroads and throw the whole thing into the middle, smashing the eggs. Ask God to spread any evil out into the world. Then walk home and don't look back. Take a cleansing bath when you get home and scrub down your front steps too: Uncrossing, Cast Off Evil or Jinx Killer products are good choices.

Blessings,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

farosea
Forum Member

Unread post by farosea » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Thank you Mary Bee

I very much appreciate your prompt advice and I will complete the removal of the eggs today. I do not possess any of the appropriate products to spiritually bathe or clean with, so I will order them today and hopefully can continue the process when they arrive.

My warmest thanks once again.
Farosea

Wild at Heart
Forum Member

Unread post by Wild at Heart » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Lucky Mojo delivers their products quickly! In the meantime you can still work with salt and extra virgin olive oil, if you have it. (Take salt baths and utilize salt washes as preliminary cleansing).

If you have an egg of your own, you can even use that to start with cleansing. I believe the Lucky Mojo website offers instructions on egg cleansing, try searching.

farosea
Forum Member

Unread post by farosea » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you Wild at heart, I followed your advice and made a provisional cleansing bath while I wait for my order. I live in Australia so it takes a bit longer to get here (when customs doesnt decide to keep my herbs). I very much appreciate your input and advice. :)

warmly,
farosea

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”