Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ethics: Love and Sex Spells

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Ethics: Love and Sex Spells

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 am

Hello, shweta ,

Welcome to the forum.

Yu would need a reading to answer that question.

Here are some great psychics:

http://readersandrootworkers.org

OR

www.hoodoopsychics.com

And here is an array of love spells that Miss cat wrote for you to chose from:

www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.html

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

PrincessKLS

Unread post by PrincessKLS » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 pm

I recently started looking into hoodoo after deciding to practice some honey jar spells. Right now, I'm working on finance, career, and a targeting love spell.

After being exposed to Wiccan ideology for so long I was under the impression that casting love spells to make a person fall in love with you was considered the ultimate black magick/taboo spell. I know the Wiccan/neo pagan ideology behind it but I still don't think that at the end of the day, we should be so dogmatic toward people on what spells they can and can't cast, and it seems that hoodoo claims that you can ritualistic love spells to target a person.

I'm currently looking to target a person right now for very specific reasons that I don't want to go into right now but I've decided to study up on it more before I continue.

So ...

1) Am I right, are you allowed to target specific people in hoodoo when it comes to love spells?

2) Why or why not?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Hello, PrincessKLS,

1) Yes, however ...

2) Hoodoo does not have ideological "rules" in which you are "allowed" or "not allowed" to do certain things. The usual personal ethical and socially moral rules apply to most people, and since hoodoo is the folk magic of African Americans, it is, while not a religion itself, largely practiced by Christian people, which means the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule are good guidelines for behaviour to most practitioners. In fact, most non-religious forms of folk magic, reaching back into ancient times, also contain spells of love magic, no matter what religions are adhered to by their practitioners. In fact, hoodoo, a Black American system of folk magic, is similar to other systems of folk magic utilized by Christians in other cultures, such as trolldom (Scandinavian folk magic) and stregheria (Sicilian folk magic) when it comes to including love spells.

I suggest that you approach hoodoo as one of many forms of worldwide folk magic and begin by studying a few of them before you make a jump from Wiccan religious ideology to an embrace of African American culture.

For instance, since Wicca comes out of northern European culture, you might find love spells to your liking in this book rather than trying to study hoodoo from a position of being unfamiliar with Black American culture:

BOO-FLS-TROL
Trolldom: Spells of Norse Folk Magic by Johannes Gårdbäck
$17.95

The entire table of contents for the book can be found here:

trolldom-norse-folk-magic-book-question ... ml#p146059

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 pm

I think the responses of the professional root workers here are great. I have learned so much just listening to their advice. Getting a reading first is just plain sensible before you do anything (if you can wait: some stuff needs work right away while you wait).

And on love spells in particular: yeah, a lot of New Age thinking is that it's evil or bad and always taking away free will to use love spells on a particular target, and Harry Potter is against it and stuff. I gave it some real thought and decided that this was a load of dingo's kidneys. Attracting and keeping someone close is probably as old as human beings doing magic, which is probably as old as human beings.

So that was where I got with my personal ethics on it. I've got other lines in the sand I probably wouldn't cross, and lines I definitely wouldn't cross. That's easy, too. I give it some good thought and decide those are not for me. They might be for someone else.

Can I pass on some things that AIRR workers have said that I really admire? One is from Deacon Millett's web page: "God is the final arbiter of the success or failure of any work we do." The other is Miss Aida on the Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour on cursing, but it could be anything: sometimes Spirit suggests something stronger. And the ultimate, by Miss Cat: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html (scroll down to "If Magic Spells Are Real, Why Doesn't Everyone Use Them?"
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

Winter_star

Unread post by Winter_star » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 am

I have searched the forum for this question and haven't found it but I apologize if it has been done before. My question is about doing a spell- I'm thinking a honey jar on a particular person. I want him. WIth my intention, I would also ask that this work only if it is for our highest good. But the problem is when I think about how I would feel if someone did this to me- I don't think I would like it. So I am looking for information in general on coercive spells. I care about this person. Do practitioners just feel OK about manipulation of other people? And also- if you attract someone with a spell- is it likely the person will stay long term or is that only when it's in accordance with natural laws-love, etc. In other words- when seeking authentic love--how do spells fit it with that? I have done a candle spell on him once that worked great- it was so he would want me sexually and within a few days he was texting about getting together - getting sexual. To me, that felt right because I think that's a good thing for him as well as me, but then again maybe I have a problem with the concept of deciding what is good or right for another person. thank you

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Hello Winter_star,

I found the thread you were looking for and merged your question with it. If you scroll up, you'll find posts from people exploring this very question and coming up with some great thoughts. Hope they help you!

Take care.

P.S. Thanks in the future for not posting new topics as it's against forum rules.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:32 pm

For anyone who will possibly ask these questions in the future, I had this conclusion after reading this forum, the internet, and some personal experience.

No, doing a love spell on a specific person is perfectly fine, before when I only believed in Wicca, I had done love spells that are directed at females that I had a crush on and we did go out for about a month. The reason why many people suggests doing a love spell to draw an unknown person to you because it is just much better, you specify traits you want in a person, and the unknown person will have all the traits you asked. It is like the dating sites with your personalized filters to find that perfect match, except it is on a grand universal scale.

Of course, if you have a specific target in mind for a love spell, no one can stop you from doing it. But your target might not have what you wanted and end up being a disappointment and leads to a break up, then you have to do spells to get rid of the energy from this failed relationship. Unless you are full of energy to spare for spells, why put yourself through that?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm

mastersirius678,

Wicca follows its own rules not associated with hoodoo. You can do a spell to bring a specific person as you stated or bring a new unknown person. I would agree that I find a new unknown person is easier because there is potentially 100s of people in the world that fit your desire, where a specific person is only 1, much more energy and work to bring that then the other. Why some people may can be case specific, what if that person leaving you means you get deported? Cant see your children, will go homeless because they are the breadwinner. These are real issues that people have faced when using magic to keep and hold a lover.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 am

JayDee

Agreed

Ever since I joined this forum and studied a bit of Hoodoo, I don't follow the Wiccan rules anymore. I was talking about 2012 in my previous post, when I knew nothing about Hoodoo and only Wicca.

Hope people will be more careful when it comes to love spells. It is the reason why a lot people got into magick, because they were in love with a specific person and want to use magick (any path) to make that person fall in love with him or her. That is how I was back in the day, I learned my lesson the hard way and now with my newly acquired Hoodoo knowledge, I know how to do love spells (or any spells) the right and effective way. Using Lucky Mojo's products. 👍

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:28 am

I would like to add a note about the above posts, just for the ease of understanding of readers who are looking for information about the ethics of love and sex spells and are unfamiliar with the subject of Wicca, which mastersirius678 refers to above.

Wicca is an inclusive term for a specific Neo-Pagan religion that originated in Great Britain during the 1950s. It is based on ideas of what historic and pre-historic -- specifically pre-Christian -- religions in Great Britain may have looked like during the Pagan era.

Within Wicca there are now several denominations, such as Garderian Wicca (the original variety, named for its founder, Gerald Gardner), Alexandrian Wicca (named for Alex Sanders who founded it), Dianic Wicca (named for the ancient Roman Moon Goddess Diana), and more. In addition, the term Wicca is wrongly applied by a number of outsiders to any European-Pagan-Revivalist religion that originated during the 20th century. (Other such European-Pagan-Revivalist religions include Heathenry, Asatru, Druidism, and so forth.)

Read about modern Pagan and Neo-Pagan traditions here:

Category:Working Within the Pagan and Neo-Pagan Tradition
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _Tradition

In Wicca, the religious services generally are centered around a female deity, sometimes conceived as a triple-deity, referred as the Maiden, Mother, and Crone. In most denominations of Wicca this Goddess or Lady, as she is called, has a male consort; in Dianic Wicca she does not. The clergy in Wicca are called Priestesses and Priests. The congregations are called Covens.

The holiday calendar of liturgical services in Wicca is based on ancient European Pagan holidays, with lunar services held every Full and Dark Moon and eight Solar festivals per year framed around the Solstices, Equinoxes, and mid-way points between them.

Read about the Wicca (and general European Pagan) Wheel of the Year festivals here:

Category:The Wheel of the Year
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... f_the_Year

Wicca is NOT a system of folk magic. It never has been and it never will be. It is a religion.

Religions generally contain within their doctrines some form of moral rule-set. The rules may take the form of commandments, advisory prescriptions, or prohibitions. They may be explicitly spelled out in the religion's scriptures or they may be a part of an oral or cultural tradition that has grown up within the religion's communities

In Judaism, for instance, one scriptural rule is to never covet or desire to possess the people, family, possessions, or property of one's neighbor and another scriptural rule is to never commit adultery. Taken together, these rules do not forbid coercive love magic of the folkloric type, but they do forbid coercing the love or sex of a married person and / or violating one's own marriage vows in the pursuit of coerced love or sex.

In Catholicism, for instance, one non-scriptural, but highly traditional, rule is that one should seek out a priest, confess one's sins both small and large, in private to the priest, and then do penance as prescribed by the priest. This does not rule out the performance of coercive sex magic, but since the Catholics follow the above Jewish rule-set, it would indicate that if one did perform coercive sex magic on a married person and / or if one violated one's own marriage vows in pursuit of coerced love or sex, one should confess the wrong-doing and follow the prescribed penitential acts prescribed by one's priest.

In most (but not all) denominations of Wicca, for instance, one commonly-cited rule is that the performance of coercive love magic is forbidden.

It is this religious rule to which mastersirius678 was referring.

As for hoodoo, it is African-American folk magic, practiced generally by Black American Christians. You do not have to be a Christian or Black to practice it, but that is the cultural origination of hoodoo. As the folk magic of primarily African-descended people, it carries within it many retentions from African folklore and folk magic. As the folk magic of generally Christian people, it carries within it many Christian religious concepts, primarily Protestant and, to a lesser degree, Catholic.

Read more about hoodoo and religion in this forum thread:

Hoodoo and Religion: Voodoo Wicca Santeria Witchcraft Atheism
hoodoo-and-religion-voodoo-wicca-santer ... 10231.html

Read more about hoodoo spells for coercive love here:

Spells to Dominate Control Rule Over Lover Mate Spouse
spells-to-dominate-control-rule-over-lo ... 81842.html

Okay, that was just a comment for those who will find this thread in years to come and will wonder what we were talking about.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:55 pm

Thank you catherine for the detailed explanations.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”