Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ethics: Love and Sex Spells

Mohammed

Ethics: Love and Sex Spells

Unread post by Mohammed » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:04 pm

I have recently placed a rather large order with Lucky Mojo, and I have debated in doing so for quite some time, but I am glad that I finally decided to take this step. I am certain that the products are going to be worth the wait. It seems that they are much better quality than what one finds elsewhere.

My question is regarding love spells. I have read in many places that it is not advisable to direct a lovespell on any one person... what I read in making mojo bags, nation sacks etc, you place personal effects or a photo of the target (loved one) inside the bag along with the proper herbs, etc. Would this not be considered directing the spell toward my interest? (Which is actually what I want to do.)

The difference in my situation, is that I am 100% sure that this person DOES love me. The problem is that there are many things that are in place that are keeping us apart, and I am not sure how to get around them. I know that 'this is the one' and I am honestly not interested in any other whatsoever. I also want to be sure that I keep this person loving me and interested until these roadblocks can be overcome.

I don't believe that rootwork or magic of any sorts should be used for negative purposes, and I would not do such a thing, no matter how badly I would want to. I am planning on performing these tricks with good intentions and a pure heart, but I am just afraid of any backfiring... as I am directing this towards a certain individual... the one that I wish to be with for the rest of this life.

Please advise any thoughts or suggestions.
Thank you.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Ethics: Love and Sex Spells

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Well first off where did you get the idea that its bad to work on a specific person? There are many spells made to attract one specific person. Now in my experience it's easier to draw an unknown lover then to get someone specific.

Also there isn't really much of a belief that a spell could "backfire" in hoodoo, a mean spirited trick might be reversed but there is no karmic payback for doing spells. That said, if one were to do enemy tricks you would have to cleanse yourself after you do it.

If you want them to be sweet on you put them in a honey jar. http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
HRCC Student #1559

Mohammed

Unread post by Mohammed » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Turnsteel

I have read this in several spellbooks, albeit they were written from the Wiccan perspective, which I am not particularly drawn to, anyway.

Also, some santeros I have talked to say they wont perform a love spell on any one person, only generic ones, as this is forcing someones will, or something like that...if that makes sense.

Its just that I know the person is deeply in love with me, there are just many obstacles standing in the way. I was thinking maybe a road opener spell might be worthwhile... but isn't that for new beginnings?

I need to study more, perhaps!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Basically, this is not a Wiccan site, and asking us to second-guess what someone else told you about Wicca or Santeria is off-topic -- but Turnsteel / HailDiscordia's honey jar suggestion was right on. Try it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Tzigana

Unread post by Tzigana » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 pm

my ex boyfriend is trying somethings with hoodoo and it makes me nervous. are there things he could do to manipulate me? are they ones that are safer than others? how would i break any spells placed on me?

EDIT:// i don't think he's going to try anymore. he found out about a friend and me being physical.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 pm

I would consider getting a reading to see if this is worth pursuing.

Then you can do a sweet jar ( you can search it on the forum)
Return to me spell kit
You can even do a come to me spell kit as well

I would do some research through the previous threads because we have talked about many cases where individuals have lost their lovers.The circumstances may be slightly different, BUT the use of the products are the same to a certain degree.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 pm

I recommend road opening. Your ex is putting up a huge barrier, and there may be others as well. You'll need to remove these before he can feel free to be with you. Also, try a honey jar to sweeten your ex towards the idea of you being in a new relationship. Then definitely use Come To Me products to get him to be with you.

Also, sounds like there is some baggage you're carrying as well. Why not get yourself a herbal bath and soak away some of the past. Get yourself into a space where you're really ready for this guy.

Tzigana

Unread post by Tzigana » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:25 pm

All right, so from what I gather, I should first try road opening.

Definitely a honey jar on either of them.

And then the come to me products?

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Tzigana,
First get a reading done, I find that when we try or want to change another's behavior its a good idea to see if its going to get anywhere, and reading might help in figuring that out. I know i have ignored readings and signs and it was not a smart idea to do it. It may also reveal if others are involved and that can affect the kinds of spells that will be effective or needed.However in your own case, only you can be the best judge.
I personally like honey jars and often do them for workplace smooth sailing..they are gentle and feel natural to the person they are done for.

MJR_2

Unread post by MJR_2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Is a love spell considered going against someones free will?

Doesn't a love spell just create a positive situation and work on both parties involved so that positive changes can be made to make a relationship work?

How does a love spell influence someone? What if you do a love spell on someone that already loves you, but there are problems that need resolved in order to make the relationship work? Would a love spell help to resolve those problems to make the relationship favorable for both parties? Would a love spell be considered going against someone's freewill if the other party does already love you, but it is a relationship that needs to be fixed?

copywrittenlyrics

Unread post by copywrittenlyrics » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Can a love me spell be used to bring someone back to you, or mend a divide in a relationship that was progressing into love but then...conflict arose?My friend introduced me to this man and i really think we connected from the first moment we met,i swear his eyes and even some of his language was flirting with me, but we were kind of in a wierd sitution that enabled a business relationship..but then we slept together and that obviously brought upon a whole new chemistry but i still feel like hes a closed hard shell to get through,he's a cancer im a virgo. Anways eventually i ended up using voodoo on him with the male and female candles and the spell worked which freaked me out because that was the first time i ever did a love spell and i swear on my life i felt the energy and it was just to overwhelming and i freaked out basically,self-sabatouging the magic but also there was another ironic factor...when i did the spell the first time, the same friend who had introduced us saw the candles and she ended up causing the main conflict and the divide that laed me to self sabatouge he relationship...I dunno it's all so crazy but anyways after that i kept trying to use communication spells, uncrossing and even tried another love spell to get things back in the right direction but.,. i haven't heard from him.Now i've just ordered one of your love me spells...what do you think?

MJR_2

Unread post by MJR_2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:50 pm

So a love spell can make a relationship better, but they can also choose to leave the relationship, it's not like they are stuck in it against their free will? I suppose it would be just as possible that if they were happy in the relationship they would stay too?

What is the difference between a love spell and a binding love spell? How do they differ?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:24 am

MJR wrote:Is a love spell considered going against someones free will?
Well, if you believe in free will, and doing a love spell if they do not love you, then yes it would be going against their free will. This is why some rootworkers/spellcasters will not do love spells to a specific person to be attracted. However, it depends what kind of love spell you are doing, and if the person is attracted to you or not.
MJR wrote:Doesn't a love spell just create a positive situation and work on both parties involved so that positive changes can be made to make a relationship work?
It depends on what kind of love spell you have done. There are different kinds of love spells. If you are doing a honey jar for ex, then yes I would say it creates a positive situation so that each person can love each other. The other person will be sweet to the other person, and it can cause them to have a loving relationship. However, it depends on what needs to be done to make the relationship work. I mean you could do a reconciliation/return to me spell, but if this person is cheating on you, or is scared...those issues need to be addressed. A love spell is not going to fix everything. Each party still has to be willing to be in the effort of expressing and sharing love.
MJR wrote:How does a love spell influence someone?
Please take the time to read this http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

This online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Pracice," discusses what hoodoo is, and it discusses the various love spells and what they do. It depends on what kind of love spell you do.
MJR wrote:What if you do a love spell on someone that already loves you, but there are problems that need resolved in order to make the relationship work?
Then it may fail, not manifest the way you want, start to work and then fizzle out, or take a long time to work. In this case, there are different kinds of love spells, such as reconciliation, love me , follow me boy/girl etc. So I would recommend a person get a reading in order to see what problems need to be resolved. Again, if you did a love spell and the love spell is not directly addressing the problems, then it will probably fail, not manifest the way you want it to, or manifest, and then not last long.
MJR wrote:Would a love spell help to resolve those problems to make the relationship favorable for both parties?

If you need to resolved ANY problems, you need to know what those problems are. A love spell does not simply make everything better. You need to find out what the issues are. Hence, if someone is scared to enter a relationship due to past hurts, then you need to do some healing and courage work on them BEFORE doing a love spell.
MJR wrote:Would a love spell be considered going against someone's freewill if the other party does already love you, but it is a relationship that needs to be fixed?

If someone already loves you, then a love spell is probably not what you need. ANY kind of spell does not fix all the problems in life, and love spells are not going to fix all the problems in the relationship. It is important to do things on the mundane level and for you to work on yourself and see how you are affect the relationship as well. But again, like I said in the previous question, you need to do a spell that is addressing the problem directly. [/quote]

Please take the time to search through the forum and read people's experiences with love spells. Love spells are very general, much like a vehicle. They all have the same function to get you to go somewhere, however there are different types. A binding spell is either restricting the person to be with someone else, or binding them to you so that they do not go with someone else. You can bind someone's penis/vagina so that they do not have the ability to go with anyone else. A love spell, along with each person working on the relationship, can make a relationship better. If the person loves you, and their needs are being met, and they dont have any past hurts, then why would they leave you? However, if a person did a stay with me spell, or a binding spell, then that has been employed so the person cannot leave them.

Please read this website, and take the time to go through the forum. It will help answer many of your questions, and help you understand what hoodoo is, and what it is not.

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 am

Love spells come in all types, as Starsinthesky7 said. They can include the search for new love, a seductive spell for sex, a fertility spell, a fidelity binding spell, or a spell of domination.

Additionally, how people think of love spells is also quite variable.

Some people speak of a lover "needing" to propose marriage or "needing" tell the truth about fidelity when what they really mean is "I want him to," or "He would be a more ethical person if he did this."

Some people just say they want to "get laid more often," and have no interest in domination, just in better sex.

One size does NOT it all in the love spells department.
coastwitch

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:36 am

If you want to fix an existing relationship with someone you love (and vice versa), you would not do a love spell. Same goes for trying to get someone back. Specific problems call for specific spells. LM has an extensive section of spells for these and many other situations. You can read up on all of them here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells.html

As for the free will questions, some people find love spells to be invasive and a violation of free will, some people don't. No one can tell you the "right" answer because it's a matter of personal opinion.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

MJR_2

Unread post by MJR_2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:59 am

Is what I'm getting from the replies is that if a person already loves you, then basically a love spell won't really have an effect on a relationship because the love is already there. Is this correct?

If each party still has to be willing to put in the effort, then does that mean a spell will only work if both parties are willing to make a relationship work?

What happens if the wrong spell is done?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:36 am

It depends what kind of love spell you are doing.

If you are just doing a love spell, such as a honey or sugar jar to keep that person sweet to you, then that is what it is going to do...it may just increase their sweetness.

If that person already loves you, then what is the point in doing a love spell that is geared towards making them love you? They already love you. I mean if you just want to keep the relationship strong in romance, and passion, then yes you can most certainly do a love spell to keep the relationship positive.

Let's say you do a love spell for an existing relationship, but you and the other person had a fall out. Then you do a reconciliation spell, but the person does not want to be with you, and does not want to work the relationship out, then your reconciliation spell is going to fail or probably not work very long because they do not want to be with you. Therefore, you would have to employ some other means such as a controlling, or skull candle that will influence them or control them to be with you.

In order for a relationship to be healthy, I would think that both parties need to be willing to make the relationship work. If one person does not want to put in effort into the relationship, chances are you are going to have to do more work to convince them, and hit them from various angles, and you really need to get down to the bottom of why they do not want to put effort into the relationship.

If you do the spell wrong, it may just purely fail, and not manifest. OR it could not fully manifest the way you want it to.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 am

MJR wrote:What happens if the wrong spell is done?
If you wanted to fix a flat tire on your car, would you fill it up with gas instead of fixing the tire itself? Hopefully you'd fix the tire and move on. Same logic applies. You fix what's wrong with the situation directly.

Both parties do not need to be cooperative for a spell to work. As Stars stated previously, there are controlling conjures one can employ to get someone to do what you want.

Lastly, if a spell is done wrong, nothing usually happens. Like Stars said (again!), things may manifest in a way that you're not expecting but I've found that mostly nothing at all happens.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

MJR_2

Unread post by MJR_2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:22 am

If I am understanding correctly, spells don't last forever but they can help the current situation?

What do you do if something manifests in a way your not expecting, what do you do about that?

What would someone do if they cast a spell because they were hurting emotionally, then once it manifested you realized that maybe it wasn't the appropriate solution? Like for example a return a boyfriend/girlfriend, or reconciliation spell, or similar. Will the spell wear off, if it wasn't the appropriate solution?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:24 am

It depends on what kind of spell you do. Some have more lasting results than others. Most people simply burn a vigil candle aka a glass candle, to keep heat on a situation.

If something doesn't manifest the way you are not expecting, then you need to probably get a reading, and you need to assess why the situation did not happen the way you wanted. Perhaps a professional needs to be hired, the spell needs to be repeated, or you need to do a spell(s) that actually address the issues.

Leopreponderance

Unread post by Leopreponderance » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey,all
I have a friend who is looking to attract a partner of the opposite sex.To be more specific,she wants to attract her doctor.She says that she is pretty positive,that they share a mutual sexual attraction.The only problem is that he is married.I recommended a breakup spell and the "Come To Me Boy" spellkit,but she says money is tight right now and she doesn't have much time.Apparently,the reason she doesn't have much time is because she is only seeing him for her consulation and he is actually going to be the surgeon performing the particular procedure.I think she will only see him for about 4 more visits.What can she do that is extremely EFFECTIVE,but at the same time not TOO costly(no more than 20-40 dollars)?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm

The issue here is whether this 'doctor' has an interest in your friend to determine which spell to work. Follow Me Boy, Come To Me, Look Me Over, Attraction, are all drawing spells that works to get the attention of a admirer.

Look Me Over (http://www.luckymojo.com/lookmeover.html) can get the doctor to notice and admire your friend; Come To Me (http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html) will draw him closer; however, I think you should start with a reading to identify the possibilities...
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Artaynia

Unread post by Artaynia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Taking someone else's husband isn't right, right?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Artaynia

None of us can really make that call, every situation is different and we on this forum aren't here to judge.
HRCC Student #1559

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Turnsteel, hoodoo is not a spiritually vacant free-fire zone. I am not speaking of sitting in judgement on the woman but i would like to note that many of us CAN "make that call," because that call was already made for many of us, long ago:

1 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

2 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

3 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

5 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

6 Thou shalt not kill.

7 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.

8 Neither shalt thou steal.

9 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

A spell that violates two of the Ten Coomandments would not be a spell that many people would fell comfortable doing.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Well, I feel like if your friend wants to take someone's husband that is your issue. We are not here to judge you, but rootwork and on a professional level it might be impossible. He can get FIRED for sleeping with a patient. There is a code of ethnics that is of concern too. Usually, professionals are not allowed to have a sexual relationship or even a friendship for at least two years after the professional relationship has ended.

If she wants to sleep with a married doctor that is her business. But since she is on a tight budget then I highly recommend that she get a reading before she wastes her time AND her money on this man. She should get a reading to see if it is even worth it. And another thing is...she needs to know what she is getting herself into. People sometimes put there hand on a hot stove and dont expect to get burned...then complain about the burn. Basically, I am saying is if she is looking for a relationship she might be in over her head, and biting off more than she can chew given that he is married.

So...with that said she should get a reading to see if she can even get any movement from this situation, and if he is willing to risk his doctor's license for her.

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Lord, have mercy. I often wonder if people really understand the meaning of "justified".

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

beautiful

Unread post by beautiful » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:25 pm

These things happen. Look I once had a crush on the president of the US! LOL! But I'm not that crazy! Come on. =)
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

Leopreponderance

Unread post by Leopreponderance » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Thank to those who provided something constructive. Whether I think it's ethical or not is irrelevant. She feels they share a mutual sexual attraction and she wants to court him. I'm simply looking to give her advice regarding possible rituals she can perform, within her budget.

Thank you jwmcclin for providing me with possible solutions/links.I'll let her know.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:51 pm

The ethics of conjure is something that every practitioner must consider when helping others, when working for others, or when working for self or family. Conjure practice is just as open to discussions of ethics as any other field of human endeavour, and what seems irrelevant to you may not be so to others.

There are also laws to consider.

In some nations, adultery is punishable by death.

In the USA it is illegal for a doctor to have sex with a patient, and the doctor can lose his license if found guilty of this offense.

Adultery is also illegal in some states. According to Wikipedia, "penalties [for adultery] vary from life sentence (Michigan), to a fine of $10 (Maryland), to a Class I felony (Wisconsin)" and "in the U.S. Military, adultery is a potential court-martial offense."

It is not out of place for folks to mention these considerations, in my opinion.
catherine yronwode

Conjuremoon

Unread post by Conjuremoon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:18 pm

I am so glad to see Cat's response. I agree that it is important to look at ethical sides of a question. This is also why I believe it is important to do a divination on a subject. I always do before any work. It is important also that she get to the heart of the matter on why she is so attracted to this Doctor. And yes, lustful physical attractions do exist. But sometimes, people unknowingly have underlying subconscious desires that actually attract them to a certain person. If he is unavailable, it may be better for her to address underlying issues. Alternatively, it may be easier for her to make a list of what in him she is attracted to, and do an attraction and or Adam and Eve to attract a partner with the same attributes.

A client of mine once was attracted to a married man for years. She had an affair which ended with him remaining with the wife. Marriage is a pact with God, and may be harder to break than people realize.

I asked this lady why she was so attracted to a male who obviously wasn't hers. She said he was smart, funny, educated, loving. I told her to make a list of these attributes and do a work to attract a partner with these qualities.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I agree with Conjuremoon. I mean she may be getting herself in more trouble than what its worth.

If she wants to give it ago then go ahead. But I would be highly upset if I lost my license because a client wanted to sleep with me. And he could suffer public humiliation because in professional organization magazines they will publish the names of doctors or other professionals that have their license revoked and the reason.

Leopreponderance

Unread post by Leopreponderance » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:48 am

I'm not performing any spellwork on her behalf (I don't do work for others). I'm simply passing along the information. I believe it is important to follow a certain code of ethics, when it comes to the craft in general, but I can't be accountable for what one feels is conscionable. The only thing I can do is warn of the possible repercussions and hope for the best.

Thanks again for all the replies...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 am

Leopreponderance, i think i understand your viewpoint -- you are not doing the work for her, just passing the information along. That makes sense to me.

Conjuremoon, thanks for bringing up the matter of doing a divination before undertaking work of this type on behalf of a client. That's very good advice, and should be heeded by any of us who do work for others.

There is no single, unified across-the-board moral or ethical rule-set by which all conjure practitioners, amateur or professional, agree to abide. We have no "Wiccan rede," for instance. But most of us are Christians or Jews, and thus we find the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule to be valuable guidelines for moral conduct. The mention of these precepts, coming in the midst of what some assume to be a free-for-all forum filled with wild and crazy witches, may sit hard with some, but it is true to conjure's origins and to the role of the root doctor as a wise counsellor.

Yes, there are many so-called "Voodoo Kings and Queens" and "Dark Sorcerers" and "African Spell-Casters" and "Initiated Priests" and "High Mambos" and "Black Magic Wonder Workers" on the internet who claim to use "whatever it takes" to get their clients whatever they want, regardless of the legality or morality of the issue -- but in the African American community where rootwork flourishes, it is the wise and spiritual worker who is respected and whose services are sought, not the "fast gun for hire" who promises to break God's laws on behalf of every client struggling through a misguided moment of sexual passion, an untoward fit of monetary greed and covetousness, or a furious desire to kill.

Like Leopredonderance, i am willing to pass along many spell techniques that i personally would never use, either because they are beyond the pale of my ethical center or because they involve the use of toxic substances or the body parts of endangered species of animals or plants. I do this in my role as a teacher of the history of this practice. Spirit has told me that my role is to preserve the thing entire, the sweet with the sour, the kindly with the cruel, the good with the bad. But just because i can and do teach it all, that does not mean i will pass along a coercive or harmful spell technique to every client. Sometimes, Spirit says, "No."

I understand now that Leopreponderance was not intending to do this work for the friend, but only to suggest a means to do it -- but had i been the one consulted, my sense of propriety would have demanded that i slow down the client's headlong rush toward a dubious goal. I would have done -- as Conjuremoon suggested -- a divination on the work.

Now, Leopreponderance might rightly say, "My friend is NOT my client, and thus i have no obligation to perform a divination for her," and, strictly speaking, that would be the case. But as i teach in my Correspondence Cuurse, it is my personal belief that everyone you work for or assist in this work is essentially your client, even if no money changes hands and no spell-casting occurs per se.

Thus, if it were within my power and time constraints, i would first do a divination for my own role in the matter. Even something as simple as a coin flip, a bibliomantic look-up in the Bible, a one-card pull, or a swing of the pendulum would give me spirit guidance -- or i might use kinesthesiology to ascertain the best extent of my involvement in the situation. If i got the green light, then i would perform a short divination for the client (again, by the word "client" i also mean friend, relative, or even a passer-by in a forum such as this). If the signs showed no success, i would tell her. If the signs showed disaster, i would warn her. If the signs showed that a good time would be had by all, i would let her know that too. Then, and only then, would i give her the information she requested.

I think that what i am trying to say here is that we, as rootworkers, whether amateur or professional, have some responsibilities to ourselves, our tradition, our community, and our clients, and that it is not untoward to engage spiritual guidance in the work at all levels, even when answering a friend's simple question about how to seduce her married doctor.
catherine yronwode

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Gotta chime in here, just for a moment.
I don't believe that just because one is knowledgeable one has the obligation to pass that knowledge to others. The same caveat goes for aiding and abetting. If we are asked for knowledge we don't have, passing along the request to those who might know makes you just as responsible for directly providing that information to the requester.
If you were a chemist and your neighbor asked you for the name of a poison he could use to slip into his mother's food and kill her, would you consider your own ethical beliefs before giving him an answer? Would you say " I am not doing the poisoning, so therefore it is neither ethical or non ethical to provide factual information?" Or could you say "In his culture, perhaps his gods would approve the killing of his mother..and it is not for me to make that judgment call".

Knowledge is power, power is responsibility.

Folks, I see us all going down a slippery slope here. And perhaps this will not be a well liked response but I believe that we DO have some universal ethical principles: My favorite is "do unto others as you would have done unto you". That one has never failed me.

The only ethical thing, in my opinion is just to strongly encourage the friend who desires the married doctor to get a reading from a reputable rootworker (AIRR, or course!) with the request for guidance and clarity concerning the situation.

DestinyAndFate1

Unread post by DestinyAndFate1 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:29 pm

So I have a question or my beliefs, I don't think any one should force someone to like/love you, as I see a lot of posts about people trying to make people love them I don't think its right, now I do believe in to increase if your already in a relationship to do some work, just to keep things up above waters, but what does everyone else think do you think its morally wrong to make someone love you?

jenelle21

Unread post by jenelle21 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm not sure that you can force someone to Love you or like you. I believe that if the person or persons that you are working on have feelings towards you in a favorable manner then your work will show positive movement. That being the case their spirit can also be reluctant and strong willed to do the opposite of which you desire, no matter how many angles you try.

Some conjure work may be stronger in the sense that it will help to weaken the resistance and bend the person's will to your own, but is that the whole hearted and honest love that most us of seek and cherish?

i think that some people may just be hurting from the loss of a loved one, or a once loving relationship, and before you can move on (if need be) you need to seek closure, and that driving force may have you try everything within your power to rekindle that love. this way you won't be wondering..what if ?? so I myself am not sure if it is "morally" wrong to try and pursue what you may believe is the right path or choice for you at the present time romantically. I just think we all wear many shoes in life and have different stories to tell. You just never know how you'll feel about something until your in their place. But god willing our prayers will always be answered and justified.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:13 am

If you think something is morally wrong, don't do it. Some think it's wrong to pray for money or gambling luck too.

There is nothing wrong with doing work to attract a particular person. If you are interested in someone, don't you dress and act a certain way when you are around them? Don't you wear nice clothes, fix your hair, wear perfume, etc? So instead of perfume, wear some Follow Me Boy, Attraction, or Bewitching oil when you see him.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 am

Mama Micki, you said that very well, in my opinion!
catherine yronwode

DestinyAndFate1

Unread post by DestinyAndFate1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks everyone I was just wondering it has nothing to do with me, because I'm in a great relationship right now, I was just wondering what all your thoughts were on it.

sweetie

Unread post by sweetie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 am

I have a male friend that has been very clear about being interested in me romantically. I'm not at all opposed to the idea of seeing how things go with him, except he's been in some really bad relationships over the years which I think has made him incredibly insecure.

I just recently realized that he knows a lot more about witchcraft than he lets on, and he's collected some of my personal concerns. I don't think he knows that I know. Initially I thought I was just being silly (and maybe a little paranoid) but I confirmed my guess with a pendulum more than once and keep getting the same answer and I'm confident I'm right. I'm positive he cast a love spell.

So, I guess an uncrossing or reversal is in order, but I'm not sure which. I don't really want him in more fascinated with me so I'm leaning towards the uncrossing. Sending it back to him just seems plain mean. Any suggestions?

Second-- and this is why it's under ethics-- I think I need someone else's take on what to do with this situation. On one hand it's flattering and kind of sweet that he'd make the effort to secure my affections, on the other hand I have pretty strong feelings of being manipulated. We have a long history together and I do (even without a love spell) like him a lot.

Also should I just come clean about how I know what's he's done? I tend to hold my beliefs close to the vest except for in select company. Do you think calling someone out on this would be enough to keep them from trying it again or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut and putting up some kind of protection so I can keep a clear head.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 am

Put some protection around you, you can use Fiery Wall of Protection (http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html), but start with some uncrossing (http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html) products to remove what he has done.

sweetie

Unread post by sweetie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 am

Will do, thanks!

ckolb

Unread post by ckolb » Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Mama Micki wrote:If you are interested in someone, don't you dress and act a certain way when you are around them? Don't you wear nice clothes, fix your hair, wear perfume, etc?

I thought of chiming in, but that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.
“Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.” -Ben Hecht

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed May 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Yes, agreed ckolb!

I agree... with dressing and dressing appropriately--- dress with appropriate conjure and work it!

Y'all can say anything you like, but I do not leave the house looking, "any old kind of way”, and I do not leave "undressed".

I am not a vain person; however, I do care about my appearance, my presentation, my delivery and my conjure! :)

I hope this helps!

Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Mama Micki said it all...

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed May 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes, She did! Agreed --- and going back to the original reference!

Thanks JW always!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am

I was reading this thread with interest. A practitioner I knew years ago once told me you cannot get someone to love you---but you can open them up to the idea if the feeling is already there. I believe in that philosophy. But having said that, I noticed it mentioned that some people's spirits (or perhaps their guides?)? are resistant to magic, that work being done on them kicks on their 'stubborn' switch so they resist, fight and do the opposite of what the desired result is, hurting the other person in the process. Is this kind of scenario common? What sort of person is so resistant---and why? I have heard sometimes it is the fear of the feelings that sets them off, but i don't really know. It seems to be the same situation where some people cannot be accurately read, either, for whatever reason: their guides, a negative entity hanging around, the person's closed mindedness or some life lesson to be learned by not being shown anything (all of these have been offered as reasons, btw, I have heard them). Having made those observations, what work/products is good for reversing a person's stubbornness so that they can open up their heart and act on what they feel, not what they fear? Thanks for your suggestions.
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 am

Read what ConjureMan wrote in 2010 on the topic ( candle-spells-to-overcome-resistance-in ... t9109.html )

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here just for fun. When it comes to attracting a specific target with a spell, I don't see how it is truly wrong, considering the art of dating is all about that (correct me if I'm wrong), but when you are into an individual, do you not resort to dressing appealing, wearing perfume they may enjoy, giving them gifts that may entice them, etc. ?

I think the whole dating thing is really a game that humanity plays, it's kind of likend to the thrill of the chase.
So I don't think its wrong.....

BUT... I do think that when the target of your affection is already taken (and I am speaking for experience here) It boarders on "black magick", I mean, will you really be happy? Would you want someone to be with you, when they would so easily stray from someone they probablly loved at one time? Even if that persons says they don't really love that person anymore, I mean, thats just lazy, and they stay for the convienence of having someone to come home to. Do you think it is the ideal?

I am not passing judgement on anyone, the heart wants what it wants, but I would always advise someone to look at the situation as a whole, before one resorts to such tactics.

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:30 pm

I bought the Break Up Spell to help a friend bet back a mutual friend (guy) that she dated for one month and really likes very much, but he went back to his ex girlfriend who cheated on him. I do not feel comfortable after reading the spell instructions doing the spell since he says it is a sin. Would you recommend that I return the spell and try a different one? Please advice. I have successfully performed many of your money luck spells and happy home spells; and always get what I ask for! I need guidance here.

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi Starcaster,

As per the Lucky Mojo returns policy (found here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatreturns.html), your return of the spell kit (if unopened and still in resale condition) will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.

As far as guidance for your situation, only you know what sort of work you're comfortable with doing. A "Come to Me" spell kit might suit your work & your friend better: http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-come-to-me.html
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Zola Kathryn

Thank you so much! I appreciate your response.

I did the spell back then and it did not work. This is the only spell that did not work, but Ms. Cat explained why in a reading. Made total sense to me.

In fact, I am starting a Come to Me spell for my friend to attract a new love instead.

Thank you again Zola!

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Hello all, it took forever for me to find this area of the forum and I hope I am posting in the right place. I just have a quick question. I want to work two love spells. I have ONE piece of hair from the target. Can I cut it and use it in the two spells or does it have to stay whole?? Thanks!
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello, AsherDorian,

Yes, you can cut the hair.

That's fine. Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

helena

Unread post by helena » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:49 am

I wanted to do a love return love spell on my ex husband. I am still in love with him.
I'm just wondering is it not wrong to do this?
I'm into hoodoo and don't mind doing the money spells.
I have tried cut and clear I have also used black obsidian during my flow to cut cords and cleanse from my ex husband.
Nothing has worked.

My question is, is it wrong?
If I was to do this would I be messing with my ex's life path, his calling or destiny?
Will karma come back and bite me?
My mother always said that how people act towards you is their Karma, how you react to them is your karma (or something along those lines)

I don't want to interfere with what ever life lessons I was meant to experience from this break up; or dis allow myself from evolving to the next soul level because I'm disrupting whatever God/universe wanted to happen in this life.
But I really really love and miss this man.
I'm totally torn.

Is this selfish that I want him back?
Someone please help me

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:20 am

Hello, Helena,

I have split move and merged your post to the appropriate subforum and thread.

Please feel free to read this thread.

Hoodoo practitioners generally don't adhere to the concept of Karma as that is a part of Hindu religion and philosophy and few hoodoo practitioners are Hindus.

Usually folks will say that if things were not meant to be, the spells just won't work. But punishment for a love spell? Never heard of anything like that happening. The worst thing that can happen is that it just won't manifest.

Is it right or wrong? This forum probably wouldn't be here if love spells were: "Wrong" to do.

Use your own judgment and do what's in your heart to do. If you feel it's wrong, then don't do it.

This will be the final answer to your question. If you have anymore regarding this subject of ethics, I encourage you to talk to a rootworker about it privately.

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Wishing you the best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

helena

Unread post by helena » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:25 am

There are a lot of forums that are around, that in my eyes are "wrong."

Right or wrong this does not stop them from existing.

This site I think has one of best and most informative forums i have ever come across when it comes to hoodoo. I could read it for hours.

As I am new to hoodoo I find it extremely informative.

I value all the answers given here.

Thank you for your reply

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello, Helena,

Please understand that we are here to assist the Forum Family members with their use of Lucky Mojo products. And to recommend what we believe to be the best course of action to take for their problems. You may want to look at the Forum rules to get a better idea of the theme of this forum.

Your personal ethical dilemma is beyond the scope of the forum. That is why I had suggested talking to a rootworker. Other forums may do anything (and we can't speak for them) but, the Lucky Mojo Curio company (owned by miss cat and Nagasiva) do not do this.

So (as I always tell people): "..if it doesn't feel right, then don't do it".

Thank you
HRCC Graduate #1631

shweta
Newly Registered

Unread post by shweta » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi I really need a help with my love life, I am madly in love with a man and we were in relationship for 2 years and I left my whole family and everything just to get his love., now I see him drifting away from me. He has met a girl in his office and got very friendly, I really want to know if he is cheating on me or he loves me true or he has any other woman in his life. And want a spell on him to be mine n love me forever. Pl advise as I really deeply love him.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”