Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ethics of Professional Readers and Rooworkers

The_2

Ethics of Professional Readers and Rooworkers

Unread post by The_2 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:48 am

I want to help my dad's business out by burning a money-drawing oil lamp for him, but will it still work if I'm the one doing it? He doesn't believe in this kind of stuff at all, so I'd never be able to get him to do it himself.

Just FTR, I'd be burning it in the home office in our house, where all of us handle work/bills-related business, and frankly we could all use some help right now! I expect that it probably wouldn't work as well as it might if he did himself, but I'd like to think this would help all of us (especially him, as the firm where he works at is on the verge of bankruptcy).

Thanks.

Papa Rouj

Re: Ethics of Professional Readers and Rooworkers

Unread post by Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 am

You most certainly can do work for others. :-)

Most of us professional Conjure-Folk do work for people on a daily basis such as setting lights, fixing up conjure bags, etc. Just make sure that when fixing the money lamp (whichever way you want to do it) you include everyone that it is for...

Hope that helps..

wylde

Unread post by wylde » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 am

I believe if you make the petition with your dads name on it or the business name it should work regardless of his beliefs.

The_2

Unread post by The_2 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Papa Rouj wrote:You most certainly can do work for others. :-)

Most of us professional Conjure-Folk do work for people on a daily basis such as setting lights, fixing up conjure bags, etc. Just make sure that when fixing the money lamp (whichever way you want to do it) you include everyone that it is for...

Hope that helps..
Thank you! That certainly does help ^_^

And yes, thanks for the reminder of the petition, Wylde, I think it would make it more effective :-)

VMMQueen

Unread post by VMMQueen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am

Good Day LM FAMILY,

I have a question of concern, I was asked to do some work by a few people. Honey Jar spells and a Protection Spell.

I feel I am still an amateur with my hoodoo crafting.. just guessing when would I know when I am ready to work for others?

When did you know you were ready? Any feedback would be helpful...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Start with small things that won't be as overwhelming and that you feel confident with. If those are successful, then you can probably move on to bigger things. I started by working for friends and family and didn't charge until I had a track record of success for working for others. But it all depends on your own situation, abilities, and confidence level.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Begin by working small conjures for others. You don't even have to let them know. Build from there. If you are a reader begin by doing readings for these people coupled with a reading for yourself to find out if it would be good for you take on the work.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

VMMQueen

Unread post by VMMQueen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:21 pm

@Devi Spring.. I didn't think of it like that and I know confidence is key!
@ ConjureMan.. Thank you..

The feedback is essential and insightful!

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 pm

A friend of mine just went through some horrible and unfortunately common circumstances. She just found out that she was not only being cheated on, but was in fact the other woman. The man she had been dating had moved to her area while dating another woman from back home when he began a relationship with her. I've been cheated on, as have most of my girl-friends, so I know how she feels, but I've never done work regarding another person's life, only my own and the people I wish to affect. So I was wondering where would be a good place to start? I don't want to get involved in her love life, those things are complicated all on their own, but I do want to help relieve her stress. I want to help her think clearly and help calm her down. If she stay with him, she stays with him. Again, I don't want to get involved in that, but she is a dear friend and I want to help her. Any suggestions?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 pm

"I've been cheated on, as have most of my girl-friends," What a sad fact :-(. It's time to start looking at a different pool of men...

If you want to help her out you can give her a sneaky gift of Healing bath crystals. She'll think they are luxurious, but they'll help heal her of of her wounds. While she's enjoying the baths you can work Healing candles on her along with King Solomon's Wisdom. This will help heal her of her hurts while giving her the sagacity to make the right decisions.

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank you again conjureman for your help. I will do just that. And trust me we have done our best to leave that pool of men. Apparently the guys our age just don't have as much respect as past generations. Sad but true it seems. But thank you again.

SHAKUR1971

Unread post by SHAKUR1971 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a question that has been bothering me for a while now. I was wanting to know if a rootworker will work with me and let's say the person that I am working on, if that person starts working with the same rootworker?

I know that it may sound like a crazy question to some of you, but this is something that I need to know.

I am going to use an example for you all and I hope that I am making myself clear.

Let's say that there is this rootworker that I go to often for help. What if my in-laws start going to this same rootworker, will the rootworker tell my in-laws what I am up to?

I knew of this lady who would help both ladies with this same man. One of the lady's would come to see the rootworker, and let's say that the wife came a week later, the lady would help her too. She said that the lady that came to here last would get better results because the rootworker would stop whatever the first lady had done.

I also knew of this rootworker who would not help two females that wanted to do something to the same man. She helped the girlfriend, but when the wife came in to ask for help, the rootworker told her that she could not help the wife.

How is it with AIRR members?

Everyone is welcomed to respond.

Thanks!
The Strongest Cards I Have, Are The One's I Haven't Played!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I would think that this would be unethical. You need to ask the person you are considering what his or her policies are, but I don't think AIRR members will be working both sides of the fence.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 pm

I am not an AIRR worker, but I believe they would treat their clientele with the highest level of respect, and confidentiality . Just as with all professionals, they would strive for the highest standards of service and fairness, and should/would decline helping the second person who comes to them with conflicting goals from the first person.
Now, that being said,its possible that the AIRR worker might not realize that two people that come to them might have conflicting goals, like, being after the same man. If you read about the work that individual AIRR rootworkers do, you will see that most of them insist on some kind of divination prior to their taking on a case, which might ferret this situation out, in which case I would think, again, they would have to decline the second person for conflict of interest.

However your question alluded to 'rootworkers' in general, not necessarily AIRR rootworkers, and no one here can vouch for the integrity of a non AIRR rootworker. Some can be unscrupulous and unreliable. So yes, they could possibly do whatever they wanted to do in the situation. And I would think that conflicting work would have unpredictable results, at best.

I would also like to hear from an AIRR rootworker what their take on the situation would be.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Keirith wrote:I am not an AIRR worker, but I believe they would treat their clientele with the highest level of respect, and confidentiality . Just as with all professionals, they would strive for the highest standards of service and fairness, and should/would decline helping the second person who comes to them with conflicting goals from the first person.
That is true; I don't know of any AIRR workers who would work both sides of a case.
Now, that being said,its possible that the AIRR worker might not realize that two people that come to them might have conflicting goals, like, being after the same man. If you read about the work that individual AIRR rootworkers do, you will see that most of them insist on some kind of divination prior to their taking on a case, which might ferret this situation out, in which case I would think, again, they would have to decline the second person for conflict of interest.
Well, if divination didn't make it clear, the rootworker would CERTAINLY know what was up when they got the SAME name, picture and birthdate from the second client!

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

SHAKUR1971

Unread post by SHAKUR1971 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Hello Keirith, Miss Michaele and Mama Micki,

Thanks so much for responding. I really appreciate your feedback. The reason why I asked this question was because I found out that an AIRR rootworker is local and I want to start doing business with him because he is so close, but I don't want to go to the same rootworker as my in-laws. I know that his mom believes in roots, but she talks to psychics, and I don't know if she goes to this AIRR local rootworker or not. I know that this may sound crazy to you all, but I was so happy to see that this rootworker was local, but then I got nervous because I was saying to myself that he might be a rootworker that my boyfriends family goes to. I will just give him a try and see what happens. I don't have anything to lose by trying. I emailed him and asked him about this, but he has not gotten back in touch with me at the moment.

Thanks

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

You need to be upfront with the rootworker--transparency with a rootworker is key.

AIRR workers will not work two sides of a case. It is unethical. It is like crossing someone so they'll come and get uncrossed with you.

LeChatNoir

Unread post by LeChatNoir » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Thank you all for reassuring us that AIRR workers don't "work" that way...that is a huge relief and more incentive to get a reading!

SHAKUR1971

Unread post by SHAKUR1971 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello ConjureMan Ali,

Thanks for your information. I spoke with the AIRR rootworker and he told me that he does not work both sides, so I am so happy. I will be obtaining help from him from this point on. I must say that I was afraid to ask him, but I said that I have to say that I am so glad that I asked.

Thanks!

illogicalcrocodile

Unread post by illogicalcrocodile » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 am

Is it true that if you ask for money, it will be taken away from you quickly? Or that you will somehow need to give back just as much as you receive?

Are there any ethical problems with asking for money? Is it considered selfish?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello, Again, Illogocalcrocodile,
I've never heard of this before. There are so just so many cultures with different philosophies and hard to keep up with all of them. I'm just not quite sure if this is a Hoodoo belief.
But, if you're concerned about it, Money Stay With Me oil will prevent that from happening.
Find it here: www.luckymojo.com/oil-money-stay-with-me.html
Take Care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Do you mean asking a person for money, or doing magical work for money? If you mean money magic, no need to feel guilty. We all need money to live and to fulfill our life's purpose. As Miss Aida recommended, Money Stay With Me will help you save money and build up your bank account. I like Wealthy Way too.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 am

Hi Illogocalcrocodile,

I've never heard of this either. Nor have I heard that you must give back as much as you receive.
I'm not sure what you mean by if there are any ethical problems asking for money.
Selfish is a label, only you can decide if the label fits or not.

If you want to ask someone for money. Here is a strategy that might be helpful:
1. What is your intention for the money? LM Clarity products might be of use here. http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-clarity.html
2. Pray to God for the person to be open to you. Tithe to a church, Temple or a spiritual place you like. Or help out at a charity. I volunteer at a Homeless shelter here. It costs nothing but it contributes a lot.
3. Attraction is great. http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-attraction.html
4. What can you offer the person you are asking? It helps if you sweeten the pot by offering to help them with the computer, social media, whatever you do well. Help out in their store or business. And be sure to follow through.
5. Don't make it a habit to ask for money. Our habits become who we are.
6. If the person says no, ask them for advice about how they became a success, thank them and move on to someone else.
7. Check out a TV show called, Shark's Tank. People ask wealthy business people to invest in their product. It is a good example of what works when asking for money and what doesn't and why.
8. Be a great example, or someone who helps out and you just might be given money by someone watching your behavior and being impressed by your actions.
9. If you want to make a living for yourself, take the HooDoo Rootwork Correspondence Course given by Catherine Yronwode. You'll learn how to become a rootworker.
10. Read, Valentina Burton's book, The Fortune Teller's Guide to Success. This book can be applied to most businesses because it is well written and based on solid, smart business tactics. The book is sold online at the LM website.
11. If you can, get a reading by a reputable rootworker at Hoodoo Psychics or AIRR.
PS Sweetening the person to you: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
And other spells you can check out: http://www.luckymojo.com/catspells.com
If this is about you or a friend, give us an update!
Best of luck to you! :)

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:20 am

Oops, forgot to list the Hoodoo psychics link!

www.hoodoopsychics.com
1-888-4-HOODOO

:)
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:31 am

In some of the communities that I am involved with people have different ideas about money, asking for money, or even charging money for teaching or magical services. This has never made sense to me. Money is just another form of energy (imo) and if you expend energy to teach someone, do a reading, complete a spell, etc. you should be compensated for that energy. Money is just one of the many forms of energetic compensation.

There is a lot of hang ups and anxiety around money, but if you use the guide that Miss Olivia has outlined you should be just fine.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 am

illogicalcrocodile,

You asked if it was true when you ask for money would it be taken away from you quickly. After thinking on this question further, I wonder if you heard this from a person who was speaking about St. Expedite?
Here is some interesting information for you on that topic.
http://luckymojo.com/saintexpedite.html

Many Blessings!
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Money is not evil. it's what you do with it that counts.
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

illogicalcrocodile

Unread post by illogicalcrocodile » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks everyone! I meant doing money magic, not asking a person for money in payment.

On another site, they made it sound like receiving money through magic is not even worth it because it would be taken away you somehow to restore balance. It made me wonder how getting money through magic is different from getting money through other means because obviously, some people have more money than others.

How come they don't need to give as much as they receive to restore balance?

I don't see how it is different because like, if you use magic to win some money gambling, you're not taking the money away from anyone.

No one earns the money they win gambling.

It's all luck anyway so how is using magic bad?

Or maybe your boss wasn't paying attention to you, but magic helped them notice you and give you a raise that you deserved anyway.

It didn't really make sense to me so maybe it is not true.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 pm

A couple of Forum threads that you might find interesting with regards to the ethics of magic are the following:

ethics,-"black-magic,"-karma,-moral-jus ... 13051.html

can-spells-back-fire,-blow-back,-revers ... --t40.html
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

memomma_51

Unread post by memomma_51 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:30 am

Hello, I would like to know if it is customary for a ROOT DOCTOR to hold over your head things that he/she has done for you? No matter how large...???

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 am

memomma, an ethical rootworker will treat his or her clients with respect, but will not allow himself to be walked on, either.

There is no one standard of ethical conduct under which all readers and rootworkers operate, of course, so at the outset, we recommend that you exxpect the same sort of ethical behaviour from a rootworkers that you would from a teacher, doctor, counselor, dentist, plumber, boss, co-worker, or carpenter.
  • Suggestions For Clients
    http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/S ... or_Clients

Because there are no specific standards under which rootworkers operate, a number of us who are professionals banded together to form AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers. AIRR has a written Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, and any member f the public may read it.
  • The Code of Ethics of AIRR: the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers
    http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Code_of_Ethics

What is more, is you hire a member of AIRR and have trouble with the person over ethical issues, you may get help. Please DO NOT discuss it here (the post will be deleted, but rather go to the AIRR Ombudsman who will mediate the dispute.
  • Ombudsman Services: How AIRR Mediates Disputes between Clients and Practitioners
    http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/O ... of_Service
Sincerely,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator

Papa_Michael
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Papa_Michael » Tue May 27, 2014 10:19 am

memomma_51 wrote:Hello, I would like to know if it is customary for a ROOT DOCTOR to hold over your head things that he/she has done for you? No matter how large...???
In my case, absolutely not. I do the work and forget it. The forgetting part is one of the keys to how "I" do the work.
May you be blessed with Health, Wealth and Happiness,

Papa Michael
#1733-G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:57 pm

In my case, i do not "forget it," as i have a good memory and i do take notes -- but i have undertaken this work to help people, not to harm them, so to "hold over your head things that done for you" would be morally reprehensible to me. I just wouldn't do it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm

memomma_51,

I think you clearly knew the answer before asking the question! that would be like my doctor holding my condition over me and using it against me, its morally wrong and ethically wrong.

You said a professional worker without distinguishing if it is an AIRR worker or someone else, which matters. We can't say much about those not associated with AIRR, but that's at your own risk and you run the risk of having these types of issues. AIRR is held to a higher standard that can be read about and reviewed on the AIRR web site.

IF you feel this person is now holding things over you I would cleanse, protect and move on to a new worker to assist you.. blessings!!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 pm

The value of AIRR speaks for itself, but as far as the ethical conduct of those who are not members of AIRR goes, i know many, many good workers who are not interested in joining any organization who are quite upstanding and ethical. The only problem as far as the public is concerned is to sort the ethical ones from the unethical ones. Good word of mouth from your friends is worth far more in that regard than fancy web sites.

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

starlightnight

Unread post by starlightnight » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, I apologize if I posted at the wrong place...

I've read quite a few posts here at LM forum. Most AIRR readers suggest clients to get a reading to see if work is justied or if it's doable. I don't mean to offense anyone, I am just wondering, what does it mean by "justied"? Is it something the spirits or other higher entity reveal/tell the reader the reader during a reading? If a reader say work is doable, is the result something the reader see or predict? And for the cases where the reader says it's just not possible, how was that determined? Is the target's will to strong to be effected or that's something also told by the spirits? And do all readers give the same answers or it varies amon each reader's judgement?

Again, I don't mean to be rude or offensive, just out of curiosity.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:40 am

Hi starlightnight,

''Justified'', in rootwork, usually means justified in the eyes of God. This is something more usually applied to cursing work than any other type of work and more usually affects the outcome of spell-work than the ability to carry it out in the first place. Whether the work is justified or not will also usually weigh in the balance when a rootworker decides to take the case or not and in that sense it is ''revealed'' to the worker as they divine for the client (and sometimes there is also a clear message from Spirit, it depends for each worker - no two people approach things in the same way nor experience their gifts in the same way).

''Doable'', in rootwork, usually seeks to see if given the details of a situation, it's even possible for a desired outcome to be obtained and if so, how much effort and time will be required to do that. Sometimes the sheer complexity of a job make it more trouble that it's worth to take on. And what's ''doable'' from one worker to another will vary. A client's requirements may also simply be outside the scope of spiritual practice or area of specialization of a worker, in which case they will usually refer to another worker better suited to what's going on.

For example, if reconciliation in a given case is possible but the outcome according to the reading will be more of the same torment that a person has already gone through, some workers may not take the case because they don't wish to perpetuate the cycle - they'll suggest a Cut and Clear and be willing to work in that direction but no other. Some will do the Reconciliation but advise of the dynamic that's ultimately a problem leaving it up to the client when they get sick of repeating the same thing over and over again. Both worker's choices are valid. Neither is ''better'' or ''righter''. It's a question of individual opinion and outlook - and that's why there are many different workers to choose from. But if you chose, based on intuition, one reputable reader to contact initially over another, there is usually a reason for that even if it's subconscious; and chances are that what they're telling you is something you need to hear.

So in that sense, no, not all readers will give you the same answer - our mileage varies as do our approaches to life and rootwork. If you ask ten friends of yours the same question about a situation, do you always get the same answer? Probably not. The same applies to readers and rootworkers, we are people after all!

If work is ''doable'', the result may be predictable or not - it depends on the specifics of each unique situation, it also depends on the target's resistance to work as you already surmised, as well as on what approach that's used to do the work and how well it's suited to the condition.

No doubt some of the other talented readers and workers of the Forum will also have their own ideas and opinions to add which will differ from my own and can give you additional perspectives to consider. Furthermore, I've merged your question into the existing thread on the Ethics of Professional Readers and Rootworkers which also has some great information for you.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

starlightnight

Unread post by starlightnight » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks aura for your detail response!!! and I'll definitely read through the posts here.

Can I assume that if an AIRR worker agree to work on a case, it means the chance of successful outcome is high?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello, starlightnight,

Have you red this page? It is extremely informative (and can answer your questions):

www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

Have a terrific week !!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”