• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Fishing magic

Fishing magic

Unread postby brthrchristopher » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:28 am

I was wondering if anyone knew any spells or rituals that can help fisherman. My dad has retired and his hobby is fishing, but it seems he is having problems catching fish as of late.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!
brthrchristopher

Re: Fishing magic

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 am

This is more popular in other folk magic traditions than 19th century urban Conjure but there are some old tricks still in use.
They usually contain a part where a strongly scented herb, resin or root is attached applied to the bait or the hook.
Regular Anis or Devils Dung are the most common. Chew the Anis seeds and spit on the bait or hook.

A general recommendation would be to smoke the fishing tools with Devils Dung, Anis or with Uncrossing Incense Powder to remove any bad luck or evil eye.
You might also consider telling him to take his tools down to the crossroads on a Saturday and fish there when the moon is growing in Pisces. Some offerings of coins and whiskey should be left and the process should not take more than a half hour.

You might also consider contacting Lucky Mojo on the phone and ask if such a Mojo bag can be made on your fathers behalf or contact those AIRR workers who can make Tobys for Hunting- and Fishing luck. Get one for your father as a Christmas gift.

Good luck.
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby brthrchristopher » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks Dr Johannes for your reply.

I did read that Anise and Asafoetida(Devil's Dung) can be used in fishing bait. I will try to utilize those herbs in work that I do for him.

I will try to do the suggestion of uncrossing (and perhaps blessing) the fishing equipment.

My dad is not very open to magic or conjure so I do no think I will get him to carry a mojo or visit the crossroads.
brthrchristopher

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Don´t tell him that it is "magic" or "conjure" if he associates such words with "Harry Potter", "Stage Illusionists" or "Devil worshipers". You can just say that this is some tricks used by old master fishermen in the old days.
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby aura » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:18 am

Thank you so much for those tricks Dr Johannes: my husband and I will definitely be giving them a go next summer on the lake (mmmm....northern pike and grey trout....)
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Flora » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:50 am

I live on one of the largest man made lakes in the Midwestern part of the United States. I watch men have an early morning ritual Friday through Sunday every week of the year. Even those days with 30" of snow on the ground. I consistantly see them walk around their boat before they put it on the water at least three times. They will tell you that they are checking to make sure it is ready to go in the lake but they are doing more than that. Almost everyone of the old timers have a shiny thing on the boat or they hang it from the side and they swear by it. It could be a key with chrome paint on it or a mirror. They never take a picture of their wife with them on the boat if they are serious about fishing and the most important thing is that they have a lucky hook inserted near the top of their hat.
Two of my neighbors have let me annoint their hooks before putting them in a new hat with fast luck oil and both said it worked like a charm. I ended up giving them both a vial for Christmas.
I wish your father the best in his fishing. I can not wait to retire and go fishing!
Flora
Certified Graduate #1658
"A wise woman will make more opportunities than she finds."
Flora

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals