• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am

Florida Water Cologne and Soap Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Unread postby snake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:16 pm

How do people use Florida Water? I've started splashing it on my hands, face and neck after showering or washing my hands. I'm planning on using it to wipe down my altars. What else can I do with it?
snake

Re: Florida Water

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Snake,

Florida water has a multitude of uses: Often it is used in doing ancestor work (both as a cleansing agent and as a scent that can be added to a glass of water on the ancestor altar, for example). Likewise, it makes a wonderful addition to spiritual baths and to wash-water for house cleansing. It works well as an aftershave. And as it is flammable, it can be used by those who use fire to cleanse spaces. That said, please don't use it on candles.
Lukianos

Unread postby J Simulcik » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:34 am

As ELKnapp wrote, Florida Water is a toilet water with a very broad range of beneficial magical associations. Another very similar product is Kananga Water. Personally, I associate Florida Water more with it's protective and cleansing qualities and Kananga Water with spirit work, but both have a long history in both realms.
J Simulcik

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:38 pm

snake wrote:How do people use Florida Water? I've started splashing it on my hands, face and neck after showering or washing my hands. I'm planning on using it to wipe down my altars. What else can I do with it?

I call Florida Water the "all purpose water". It has many uses and is very versatile. I use it for cleaning, protection, ancestor work, spiritual work, and divination. It is flammable, so keep it away from fire.

I love the stuff.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby snake » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:13 pm

I really like the strong purifying and protective feeling I get from wearing it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to do some altar cleaning with it! I think I'll use it to dress my mojos and offer up on my ancestor altar tomorrow too.
snake

Unread postby Lara » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:27 am

I was taught to put some in a small bowl or one of those little cast iron caldrons (for safety reasons, not religious reasons), and light the Florida Water. If you like candle flame divination it works great. I have put it on my ancestor altar and have "heard" my aunt speak to me thru the flames.

give it a try -safely-.
Lara
Lara

Unread postby Reynolds » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:59 am

I was taught to put some in a small bowl or one of those little cast iron caldrons (for safety reasons, not religious reasons), and light the Florida Water. If you like candle flame divination it works great. I have put it on my ancestor altar and have "heard" my aunt speak to me thru the flames.

Verrrry interesting
Reynolds

Unread postby snake » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm

My friend from Hong Kong said that his grandmother used Florida Water in Buddhist practices.
snake

Unread postby Lukianos » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Lara wrote:I was taught to put some in a small bowl or one of those little cast iron caldrons (for safety reasons, not religious reasons), and light the Florida Water. If you like candle flame divination it works great. I have put it on my ancestor altar and have "heard" my aunt speak to me thru the flames.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Lara--I've not used Florida Water flames for spirit communication in that way (though I've used other types of fire). I sometimes do heavier-duty cleansings of spaces by adding Florida Water, sometimes in combination with a small amount of epsom salts, to a deep metal container and setting it alight--The epsom salts help sustain the burn, although one does need to be (very) mindful of the height of the resulting flames.
Lukianos

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 pm

ELKnapp wrote:I've not used Florida Water flames for spirit communication in that way (though I've used other types of fire). I sometimes do heavier-duty cleansings of spaces by adding Florida Water, sometimes in combination with a small amount of epsom salts, to a deep metal container and setting it alight--The epsom salts help sustain the burn, although one does need to be (very) mindful of the height of the resulting flames.

You can heat up your hands and feet with Florida Water. You set the Florida Water on a safe surface and light it. You put your hands over it for money and luck. You walk over it to make you fast.

I do not recommend that for anyone who is not used to working with it in that manner. I visited a Vodou house that loved to do this practice.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby crossroads » Fri May 01, 2009 2:53 pm

I've used Florida Water on a number of occasions when moving to a new home. Basically, I sprinkle small quantities in every corner, over each doorway, and around each window to help cleans the "leftovers" from whomever dwelt there before my family. After this is done the family gathers to make nice with the local house & land spirits, but the latter part is more an aspect of our religion than hoodoo proper.
crossroads

Unread postby twodogs » Thu May 07, 2009 1:04 pm

How much epsom salt/Florida water do you use?
twodogs

Unread postby twodogs » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

I just got done reading this page, there is a lot of in depth information on Florida water and the others that were mentioned.

Does anyone know the prayer that is said over the Florida water before its use? Its referred to as being prayed over, but I don't know which prayer?
twodogs

Unread postby Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:18 am

You can heat up your hands and feet with Florida Water. You set the Florida Water on a safe surface and light it. You put your hands over it for money and luck. You walk over it to make you fast.

I was JUST going to mention this and then I read your post...

In Espiritismo (Cruzado) we have a similar practice at misas.
Florida water is poured in the sign of the cross and you take both hands into the flames and rub the back of your neck and arms downward for purification and to make it easier for the spirits to come down to you.....But yes, I agree that unless you are used to this practice, don't do that....
Papa Rouj

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 am

snake wrote:How do people use Florida Water? I've started splashing it on my hands, face and neck after showering or washing my hands. I'm planning on using it to wipe down my altars. What else can I do with it?

Hi Snake,

This is actually a very good question because Florida water is not the most traditional water found in Hoodoo but it has gained a devoted following amongst both new and old practitioners! Personally, I use Florida water exclusively for ancestor veneration and spiritual work. A bowl of Florida water sits on my ancestor altar, and that altar gets cleaned and spritzed with Florida water as well.

Now other folks do use Florida water for cleansing, moving energy, some workers will use it as a quick hand, feet, and head wash in between spells, there are a ton of ways that people use it, but personally I use it with the dead and spirits.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Silverpony » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:47 pm

I agree that Florida Water packs a wonderful cleansing punch. You -can- use it to clean candles with - just make sure the Florida Water has dried off completely before you light the candle. (This goes double for the wick - make sure it isn't still damp at all.) I don't think I've ever heard of it used for protection before, but I'm intrigued and will give it a whirl.
Silverpony

Unread postby IBMagnet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm

I do not recommend that for anyone who is not used to working with it in that manner. I visited a Vodou house that loved to do this practice.

why the caution? what could happen?
IBMagnet

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Florida water is flammable. I have made the mistake and burned several items when lighting a candle after I poured a few drops into the candle. I know not to do that again. I use just a little bit of Florida water to cleanse my candles now.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 am

IBMagnet wrote:

why the caution? what could happen?

Because Florida Water is a toilet water, a kind of weakened perfume, its mostly alcohol and alcohol is very very flammable.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:29 am

I love Florida Water! I make up a spray with Salt, Florida Water, and a dash of Van Van and spray it all around my healing studio. I'll also wet a cloth with that mixture and wipe down my work surfaces in the conjure section of my workshop. I also use Florida Water to wipe down all my candles and such when I get them, and when working multiple things back and back, I will wash my hands and arms with some of it to help "clear" the energy from one work to another. I also keep a small spritzer full of it in my bathroom - it's very multifunctional. I can spray it whenever I'm feeling "heavy", or after a shower to make the cleansing more spiritual as well as physical - and it makes a great air freshener for more mundane bathroom purposes too!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Florida Water is great stuff. Its multi-purpose, but usually used in blessing, cleansing, protection work. Its associated heavily with the spirits and often given as an offering to them. I usually wipe down my altar with Florida Water and also use it to clean my hands in between anointing if I am using more than one oil so I don't get them all mixed up in the bottles.

One of the methods I've been taught to use Florida Water which is kinda neat is to use it to clean off residue on bottle spells. If there is a honey jar going or a similar container spell and there is a lot of wax left over on top of the bottle you can careful put a little bit of Florida Water on the residue while praying to your ancestors or other helper spirits to help clear away the blockage and get the work going. Then light that thing and it will melt away all the residue, adding heat to the container, and clear away all the blockage that has been building up.

Just be careful when adding the Florida Water to not use too much.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby CopperFox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 pm

ConjureMan wrote: One of the methods I've been taught to use Florida Water which is kinda neat is to use it to clean off residue on bottle spells. If there is a honey jar going or a similar container spell and there is a lot of wax left over on top of the bottle you can careful put a little bit of Florida Water on the residue while praying to your ancestors or other helper spirits to help clear away the blockage and get the work going. Then light that thing and it will melt away all the residue, adding heat to the container, and clear away all the blockage that has been building up.

I LOVE that idea! I know some people let the wax build and build atop their bottle spells/honey jars -- but at some point I can't stand it and just have to clean the leftover wax off. Now I have something to follow-up my cleaning that will really open the way to get the energy flowing in a big, dramatic way!

Thanks for the great idea,
Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby kmew1315 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:03 pm

ConjureMan wrote:One of the methods I've been taught to use Florida Water which is kinda neat is to use it to clean off residue on bottle spells. If there is a honey jar going or a similar container spell and there is a lot of wax left over on top of the bottle you can careful put a little bit of Florida Water on the residue while praying to your ancestors or other helper spirits to help clear away the blockage and get the work going. Then light that thing and it will melt away all the residue, adding heat to the container, and clear away all the blockage that has been building up.

You mean light the residue with the Florida water correct? Not light a new candle?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315
kmew1315

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

That is an excellent way to use Florida Water to spiritually remove blockages left my remaining candle wax.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Florida water soap bar is the best. Lucky mojo sells it, and its great for cleansing.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Florida Water Soap Questions and Answers

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Here is the link to Florida Water, this is the same scent that is in the bar soap. http://www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby divaluck » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 am

thanks!!!!!
divaluck

Uses for Florida Water

Unread postby MST » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 am

WHAT CAN I USE FL WATER FOR?
MST

Re: Uses for Florida Water

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:10 am

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 am

The links stars posted will give you plenty of ideas.

Also please keep in mind that posting in all caps is against the rules you agreed to abide by when you registered for the forum.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:56 pm

You can find Florida water Bar Soap Listed here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatsoaps.html

It's towards the bottom.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Aphrodite » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Sometimes a persons keys get stuck, or broken, then what do you do! I'm sure there was no harm intended. Just my opinion! No offense intended!
Turnsteel wrote:The links stars posted will give you plenty of ideas.

Also please keep in mind that posting in all caps is against the rules you agreed to abide by when you registered for the forum.
"G4L"
Aphrodite

Re: Florida Water Cologne and Soap Questions and Answers

Unread postby brightlywound » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

I use Florida Water for a few different things: to purify myself, to purify my thoughts (I rub it into my temples after anointing my fingers three times each), and to cleanse candles. Although I have heard stories of Florida Water causing a fire hazard, I have never had that experience, but to make sure that I'm not tossing a lit match into a container of alcohol, when I am done, I pour out any excess liquid and let my candle sit for a while, in the sun preferably.

I also have placed a cap full into scrubbing water as well as into a spray bottle with some salt I have prayed over for when I am cleansing surfaces; I have been known to spray it in a room when the energy feels scuzzy and stagnant. Perhaps it's "off label" but that is what I have been taught.
brightlywound

pompeii lotion

Unread postby rougeetnoir » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:27 am

Apologies if this question has been asked before. I did a forum search and found no reference. Can anyone tell me what pompeii lotion is and how it is used?

Blessings,
rouge
rougeetnoir

Re: pompeii lotion

Unread postby MaryBee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Pompeii Lotion isn't sold by Lucky Mojo. It is commonly used in the Haitian Vodou religion to salute certain spirits. However, this is a forum about Hoodoo and Conjure. Perfumes and colognes that are commonly used in Hoodoo include Florida Water, Hoyt's Cologne, Jockey Club perfume, and the like. Here's a link:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatperfumes.htm

Good luck,
Mary bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby aura » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi rouge,

pompeii lotion or perfume is a traditional Vodoun offering to the lwa Ezili Freda, amongst others. It is not a product carried by Lucky Mojo. another alternative in sevis of Ezili Freda is Florida Water which Lucky Mojo does offer: http://www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html. In hoodoo, Florida Water is used to cleanse and purify.

Hope this helps.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby rougeetnoir » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 am

Thank you Marybee and aura.
rougeetnoir

Unread postby KittyLove » Mon May 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi there,

What's ya'lls opinion on spiking shampoo with some Florida Water? I have been trying to get my lover in a spiritual cleanse as soon as I could. We've had all sorts of problems for the duration of our relationship and for some reason we just don't seem to stay split up. I''m not suggesting that it's bad for us to be together, just finally seems to me that he's been needing some help! Because he doesn't know what's wrong with him, he doesn't believe but somehow on another level, it feels like he wants me to help him.

Florida water in the shampoo seem to have been working alright and affecting some positive changes in attitude and will. I am new to hoodoo and at the time I had started trying to get him in a bath or a wash of some sort to clear negativity from him.

I did a consult with Rev. Rukiah around the beginning of March, I was feeling spiritually overwhelmed and she encouraged me to try to get him into a spiritual bath too. I did finally get him in an Epsom salt bath, mixed with some lavender oil and florida water. I think he stayed about 15 minutes or so. To his knowledge there was only the lavender oil and the Epsom salt in the bath. Not too sure how well this worked, I didn't get enough time with the bath to pray over it properly. By chance when we went separate ways in the beginning of April (we are in an on again off again long distance relationship and we have a child) I left him with some shampoo spiked with cast off evil oil and blessing oil in the conditioner. I also left him a spritzer of Florida Water. I am hoping he has resorted to using these special washes I left and curiously sprayed the Florida Water in his room.
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!
KittyLove

Unread postby Psychic Mimi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 am

Thank you to everyone for their ideas. I had no idea of how many uses Florida water actually had!
Psychic Mimi

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells