Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Freezer Spell Questions and Answers

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: General Freezer Spell Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

It can be used for more than that but...as HailsDiscordia said people are trying it in ways not intended...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:27 pm

It is good in a court case, anjd against rivals, and back biters, but it works on primarily people, not situations.
HRCC Student #1559

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

So okay and if my friends mom has cancer I could use a freezer spell to freeze her from getting any worse off, right? B/c its her body its acting on a person.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Perhaps you think that if you named her cancer and froze its name, that might work, but it seems to me that you are freezing the woman and that you are stopping them from acting, not stopping something from happening to her. And its not a nice spell either, it's something you do to stop an enemy.
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 pm

I understand the desire to improvise and work creatively with spells, but remember that while hoodoo allows for improvisation and personalization you still have to work within traditional principles. For example a FWP is aimed a protection. It is used to keep someone safe from harm, from an "bad guy" and to set up boundaries and guardians. Now, I've seen people use FWP to also keep their job when they were in danger of loosing it. This isn't necessarily the intention of FWP, but a reasonable adaptation if someone is working against you at your job.

That said, you can't disregard the traditional roots of something within a magical and spiritual system. The freezer spells and ice box conjures are tied to disrupting an advesary who is working against you. Placing a beef's tongue filled with powerful herbs and their name in a ice box to still their tongue and keep them from testifying against you, putting up a barrier of ice aimed at specifically keeping someone away (notice not hotfooted, but frozen out), etc etc.

If you read Miss cat's post as well as her page on Court Case products you'll find a wonderful history of how this working developed. People have adapted this conjure to freezing out rivals as well. This is a logical adaptation. But notice, that it still works within those traditional roots.

I am not saying you can't put cancer into a freezer, but you can't call it hoodoo if you do. If you want to draw upon the power of hoodoo's beautiful tradition then learn to work this from a different angle, or simply do what you intend, but you'd have to keep such practices off the forums since they are devoted to LM products within traditional hoodoo :-).

I wish you luck and success whatever you choose.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

For those trying to use the freezer spell in other ways, look up the thread on ammonia jar spells. That sounds more like what you're looking for (and is equally as simple)
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

It is not a good idea to put your personal concerns in a freezer jar to freeze out rivals...

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Okay i read up on freezer spells to keep out any guys you don't want near your girl. this is what I plan on doing.

someone tell me if I have it right before I screw this up someone said not to write the person you loves name on the paper so I'm going to put

"All romantic rivials you will not have any contact with my love" (leave her name off the paper right?) three times on the paper then I'm going to add commanding oil to it and freeze it

Can someone please verify? thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Personally, I would just write "all romantic rivals" and they will be frozen away.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 pm

got you thanks stars

SweetZucker

Unread post by SweetZucker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Blessings to all!

A week ago, I did a freezer spell to keep the negativity from a certain person away from me. In one of Cat's articles I read that back then spiders, etc were also placed in the bottle. It just happened that I killed a spider before so I placed it in the bottle as well.

But now, since exactly seven days every night, when I open my eyes after a deep sleep I see a spider (every time a different type and color) next to me crawling to the top of the headboard of my bed (every time the exact same place and way). I am not sure if I am actually awake or still "dreaming" but every time I see this spiders I jump out of bed and the spider disappeared.

I really could need some advice how to protect myself from this "spiders". I am planning to have an other reading but that will be at least on one month. What can I do before that and what do you think do these spiders mean?

Thanks
Thank you Saint Martha

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm

It could be a sign, in which case the reading will show that.

However, it could also just be a hypnogogic hallucination. I get these all the time as I'm coming awake from sleep. Sometimes I hear voices talking, sometimes I see faces very close to mine, sometimes it is a figure, sometimes it is a pattern or picture of some kind. I often experience the same visual, or a very similar visual for several nights running. In some cases it feels very real and very important, and other times it just is. I know that some people get really freaked out by these visions, but even when the actual visual has been "scary", I've never been frightened by it and just chalk it up to another form of sleep phenomenon that I frequently experience.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Update: THIS WORKED!!! I am thrilled!!! Just thought I would share. Thanks all for contributions.
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Congrats! I am happy for you. Please keep up the great work.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:45 am

I know the feeling Triplethreat!

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:06 am

I don't have the time 2 read the forum on my blacberry but I just wanted to make sure that when u put someone n the freezer (who is bother u) u r actually freezing them from messing with , not neecessarily making them be nice to u. They r just going to leave u alone. A friend asked and I wanna give her the right info.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:17 am

It will not make them nice to you, it will freeze them out of your life.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 am

You are correct. It will freeze them out of our life or it will hold off their influence. So it would be the correct thing to do if someone is bothering you.

bountyfarmer

Unread post by bountyfarmer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 am

hi all! just did a freezer spell on a former boyfriend who had been harassing me for years. long story short, i have a wonderful child by him, but he has been out of the picture since my child was two months old - my child does not know who the guy is.

it has been a few years and at least two times per year he would harass me - results from a paternity test came back confirming what i already knew, and so the harassing ensued again. child support office said that i do not have to take his calls or emails because he's probably trying to circumvent paying the support.

i'm tired of the harassment so i did the spell this past monday to freeze him because i believe that he is mentally unstable and very immature, but when i checked my messages i noticed that there was a message from him left days prior to me freezing him.

what can i do to make sure that he will permanently leave me and my child alone?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 am

bountyfarmer

File a police report and get a restraining order.
HRCC Student #1559

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 am

I agree, you need to deal with this the legal route as well.
Since you've already done some work yourself, you may wish to think about employing a rootworker to help you on the magical end of your case.
But you do need to back up your spiritual work with real-world action.

bountyfarmer

Unread post by bountyfarmer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

thanks. my only problem with the restraining order is that we live in different states

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:02 pm

I've done a freezer spell on my ex to make sure she doesn't get a boyfriend and I know for a fact its worked as she told me a guy who had interested in her for years finally found a girlfriend and told her basically he just wanted to be friends with her and that happend the day after I did the freezer spell so have faith as the call was made prior to. But I'd def also take the legal route with a restraining order and contact the police and inform them of the situation. Whenever someone tells me of harrasment from ex's or the mentially unstable I always suggest taking legal matters first and magic as a back up.

bountyfarmer

Unread post by bountyfarmer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 am

thank you everyone.

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi everyone. I have a quick question about the freezer spell.

My ex is hanging around some people that I don't approve of being around our kids. Mostly because of their life styles. I know they are into drugs and I've heard that they do them around their kids and I don't think they are the type to care if my kids see them or not and my ex isn't the type to stand up and say don't do that in front of my kids or leave.

I was thinking of doing a freezer spell and was wondering do I put his name in there also?

There's three of them that I want to freeze out of his life. I don't want to freeze him out of my life though so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,
Hope

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Put only the names of the people you want to freeze in the freezer spell. Do NOT put your partner's name in the freezer spell.

http://luckymojo.com/freezer.html

Since there are children involved, I'd also work with a Fiery Wall of Protection spell which invokes the power of St. Michael in one version who does not take kindly to such acts around kids.

http://luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

For the graveyard dirt use some from an ancestor or loved one. When you set the FWP if these people cross your boundaries St. Michael and the graveyard spirit will remove these people right out of their lives.

Furthermore Angelica is a central part of the conjure which acts as a powerful protector of children.

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks so much CM. Hadn't thought FWP but will get to work on that too.

Rainbow95

Unread post by Rainbow95 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:47 pm

on the petition i wrote ....." (girls name) stay away from (my ex's full name)".....

i wrote his whole name out on the petition paper but i only did that because on the petition i wrote for her to stay away from him.....

was that ok? that's not going to freeze him out of my life right??
should i redo it? i read not to put his name on the petition paper but then i read also that i could if it's stating for someone to stay away from them so now i'm confused a bit and was wondering if i should do it over

it's been in my freezer for almost a month now

advice would be greatly appreciated :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:59 pm

I would put just her name alone in the freezer.

c4th1

Unread post by c4th1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:17 pm

the persons i put in the freezer are still together despite i wrote down the petition: "___ to stay away from ____". not sure where goes wrong..

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Considering you haven't said when you did the freezer spell, there's really no way to know what, if anything, went wrong. However, you put both their names in the freezer, which is not how this spell is done. It is to freeze people out. You may have just frozen both of them out of your life ... together.

You should get a reading to find out the progress of your work.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

c4th1

Unread post by c4th1 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:26 am

I did the freezer spell last Friday. I thought it takes about 3 days to a week for the spell to work. I wrote the woman's name on one side, the man's name on the other side. I then wrote the petition on the same page where I wrote the woman's name on. Then I wrapped it in the foil, and fill the container with tap water and put it in the freezer. Have I done something wrong here? Perhaps because I am not a good spell worker person that's why it doesnt work on me haha. But any suggestions would be appreciated.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:23 am

There's no set time frame for spell manifestation as every situation and petitioner is different. If we all got guaranteed results in a set a time frame (especially one that short), everyone and their mama would be doing spells.

A freezer spell is pretty straightforward. If you put your rival's name paper in a liquid with cursing herbs and wrapped it up and froze it, you've done it correctly. However, you say you put your ex's name and your rival's name together on the paper. So ... you are freezing your ex out of your life, and that may be why this is not working the way you thought it would

I think it would be helpful if you familiarized yourself with the very basics of hoodoo and spells in general as it seems your expectations may be exceeding the reality of it all.

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

If you constantly fret about a spell or constantly wonder about when it's going to manifest, odds are very good nothing at all will happen. Do the work and forget about it. If you want to check your progress, get a reading.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

sunnyone

Unread post by sunnyone » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:10 am

I've added some very strong horseradish to the water and name paper and froze it all in an ice cube tray..........worked wonders! Just remember while you're making the concoction to put a lot of determination and focus into your petition regarding your intended outcome.

tiredofdaBS

Unread post by tiredofdaBS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

Hi i was wondering what would happen if u put a picture of the couple but put on ex on her and write i want u out of his life freeze it with hot tobasco sauce and vinegar from da jalepeno can, do ya think they will argue n breakup asap?

greeneyes676767

Unread post by greeneyes676767 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm

I don't have the person's birthdate for my beef tongue freezer spell, but would his handwriting do?

I know since having their personal concerns spells work better does this include the beef tongue?

Also, does the beef tongue have to be done the day before my court hearing or can it be done like a week before?

Does doing the beef tongue right the day before or on the day of my court hearing make it more... say ... potent?

I was going to do it tonite but, my hearing won't be for a couple of weeks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Having personal concerns is always the preferred method when working a beef tongue spell in aq freezer for a court case. Officers of the court often have business cards, and there, while not exactly personal, are closer to the taregts than their names written on paper would be. Also consider that if they walk on dirt, you can lift their foot tracks. You can use a photo from the internet. Be creative.

As for timing, I used to know an older woman who made somewhat of a specialty of court room work back in the 1960s. She never worked for me, but i did hear her tell people that it was advantageous to start on a court case job for a minimum of 9 days before each phase of the case -- the arraignment, the preliminary hearing, the trial, and, if the person was found guilty, the sentencing.

She also started work a minimum 9 days before a parole hearing as well.

She was consistent about this. She would start the work the day of the arrest, if she was hired then, but if she could not get her minimum of 9 clear days of working time before the case came up, she would turn down the job.

Now, of course, there are many ways of working, and others have just as strongly told me to do things differently, but this lady had enough of an influence on me that i have done what small amount of court case work i have done in her way, starting well before the court date, whenever possible, and never taking a case with less than 9 days notice.

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck to you,
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

greeneyes676767

Unread post by greeneyes676767 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks Cat for your much needed help! Also I was wondering if I should use the beef tongue for one person or can I use one beef tongue for more than one person?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Oh, put the whole lot of those who might speak against you in the beef tongue to shut them up. Do not put the judge, jury, or your own legal team in, of course. They go in a honey jar.
catherine yronwode

tiredofdaBS

Unread post by tiredofdaBS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 am

Today is the fourth day of my vinegar jar. i have no idea if it's working cuz i don't talk to my ex since we broke up last month, however i do go check on his ms n facebook. he doesn't put nothing. before he wld put that he was happy w/ her, etc. now he doesnt, but the gf alwz puts my luv this n that.

I wanted to know can i do a freeze spell on them also while doing the vinegar jar. i read somewhere that a freeze spell could also break up the couple. is that true?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 am

To c4th1 and tiredofdaBS:

Freezer spells are NOT Break Up spells. They put the person or people "on ice."

So you each did it wrong. You put your ex on ice.

Not what you wanted? Then undo it and do it right.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

tiredofdaBS

Unread post by tiredofdaBS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Thank you, i just Put her on ice =)

greeneyes676767

Unread post by greeneyes676767 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Thank you Cat!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm

;) check
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:05 pm

A freezer jar is NOT a break up method. It is NOT used to break up people. However it is used to keep people apart. So if you are looking to use vinegar, hot peppers then you need to meake a vinegar jar not a freezer jar.

sunflower73

Unread post by sunflower73 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:58 am

thak you once again star

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 am

To those who, earlier in this thread, commented on a freezer spell that involved using a cucumber to represent a man's penis, and hence his sexuality, and freezing it to stop him running around -- please see

-- under the heading, "The Case of the Frozen Cucumber."

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Anyway you write it is fine. I've done a version of this spell with only the person's name written on paper. Very effective.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:16 pm

I thought it takes about 3 days to a week for the spell to work.
No, the basic rule of thumb is to watch and look for 3 days for a sign, and if there is no sign, to watch and wait for 3 weeks for positive movement, and if nothing has happened by 3 months, then that spell will probably not work for you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Having bundled these spells into one thread, i have noticed a couple of misconceptions popping up on the topic of freezer spells:

Misconception #1: Freezer spells are moderm, Wiccan, not hoodoo, etc.

TRUTH: Ice box and freezer spells are old, they are hoodoo, and they have been borrowed and appropriated by folks working in other traditions

Misconception #2: Freezer spells are worked in jars called "freezer jars."

TRUTH: Although any spell can be worked in a jar, i suppose, it is traditional to work a freezer spell inside something natural, such as an animal tongue to shut people up, or a fruit or vegetable.

Misconception #3: Freezer spells will break up lovers.

TRUTH: Freezer spells are not break-up spells at all. They are used to stop someone by freezing them in their tracks, freezing them out of a situation, freezing their tongue, freezing their sexuality, and so forth.

See much more here:

catherine yronwode

spd

Unread post by spd » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:42 am

Hello everyone, I was told to use a freezer spell. How do I use freezer spell to stop the guy I am interested in from continuing to join several online dating sites to look for women to go out with and develop relationship? He also lives in another state. thank you

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:29 pm

spd...

Get a personal item such as hair, a photo, nails, etc and put it into either an animal's tongue (to stop their speech) or into a pad made from brown paper towels. I would make a petition stating " Freeze (full name) from joining online dating sites, and from dating other women."Moisten this with a liquid (vinegar to sour them, urine to claim your territory, or alum-water to shut them up) wrap it in alumuum foil, shiny-side inward, and freeze it in the back of your freezer.

Look through this thread to get other ideas of what you can put in packet, and how others have done the spell as well.

spd

Unread post by spd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 am

starsinthesky7 , thanks for your feedback, you recommended using the freezer spell for my situation, however will doing the freezer spell not freeze him out of my own life, because that is not my intention. I just want him to stop using these dating sites and also to stop trying to date other women and hopefully concentrate on just me. I appreciate your help.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:08 am

I am beginning to wonder what it is about fereezer spells that people do not understand. No offense intended, spd, but re-read the thread.

Further information can be found at the page on Ice Box and Freezer Spells in "Hooodoo in Theory and Practice, which is online here:

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 pm

@spd, I recommended what you should put in the freezer spell. Your intention is to get him away from the sites obviously, not to freeze him out of your life. As a result, it is not going to freeze him out of your life.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 pm

When performing freezer spells in a beef tongue for a court case, also look at Stop Gossip spells and products here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/stopgossip.html

These can be added to the Court-Case products to combine the idea of winning in court with the idea of shutting certain persons up.
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 am

hello everyone

Mars's retrograde (but will be coming out of it next wk!!) Also, the moon is waxing, and I was wondering...

I did a freezer spell telling someone to stay away from their son, another one for this person's support system to stop helping her, and her main correspondent to stop helping her during the mars planetary hr this morning. I also soaked them in vinegar, a bit of red and black pepper as well.

People usually recommend to do this during a waning, what difference would it make if i did it during a waxing moon?

I was going to use lm stop gossip products at night time.. or should i wait until saturday? i feel like i'm running out of time..

also, i was going to do an lm family honey jar spell monday.. but it's mars retrograde, or should i ignore it? hehe, what to do!!

i wish everyone many blessings and thank you for reading and thank you in advance for your help

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:48 am

When getting into complex issues of timing, i feel that my best service to you is to recommend that you take my course. I cover such matters in depth there.

Briefly, then, rather then engage in off-topic astrological analysis and its symbolic relationship to the kind of work you are doing, i will give you a bit of overarching theory:

I would counsel you to consider each planetary, sidereal, solar, and lunar event as a form of astrological weather.

Some events are like the wind -- head winds moving you forward, tail winds impeding your forward motion.

Other events are like clouds, bringing rain or darkness, affecting your mood, perhaps, or causing an abrupt change of plans as you rush to protect items that cannot be rained on.

Some folks will take a walk in the wind and rain. Others stay indoors.

According to the old US Post Office motto, weather should not stop a dedicated carrier: "Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" -- but everyone wants their family reunion picnic to fall ion a sunny and warm day, and they will plan the timing of such festivities accordingly.

It's your choice to see how much you want to plan your timing to include astrological good weather, and, conversely, how much astrological bad weather you will slog through while working your spells.

But no matter what, through astrological picnic times and dark astrological storms alike, you are YOU and your will is guiding your actions.

You are the one moving forward. You are the one making choices and walking the path.
catherine yronwode

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:50 am

I'm so honored to have received a response from you Cat. And thank you for the wisest words, you've definitely freed my limited thinking with your analogy. Once all of these matters settle, I will make time to take your course. You're definitely on my people to meet before I die list!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:12 am

Well, thank you for asking a good question. I have actually taken that reply, with a slight expansion of ideas and a bit of grammatical tweaking, and placed it online at one of my web pages -- the one on Planetary Spiritual Supplies, here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

I hope we do meet as well.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”