• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 pm

General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Re: Importance of working with the Herbs and Roots and Minerals

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

My pleasure, and Thank you Miss Cat and Papa_Newt and all responses!!! :)
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Boiling Herbs As Tea

Unread postby peggy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 pm

HELLO EVERYONE I WAS JUST WONDERING

1. CAN YOU BOIL FIVE FINGER GRASS, VERBENA HERB, OR DEVIL SHOE STRING AS A TEA TO DRINK -- WOULD THESE HARM YOU?

2. AND IF YOU JUST BOIL THE HERBS ON THE STOVE WOULD THE STEAM BE BENEFICIAL?

CONTEND O LORD WITH THOSE WHO CONTEND WITH ME;FIGHT AGAINST THOSE WHO FIGHT AGAINST ME...
peggy

Re: Boiling Herbs As Tea

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi, Peggy.

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK. It is very difficult for me to read text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Thanks!

1) Many magical herbs make wonderful and healthful teas, but not all of them. Some herbs are toxic. Lucky Mojo herbs are food-grade in quality, and those we grow ourselves are organically grown or wildcrafted without pesticides -- but still, i repeat, not all herbs are edible -- and of those that are edible, some are very bitter and would not make a flaourful tea. That being said -- here is a link to a list of edible herbs that are used in magic:
http://www.luckymojo.com/conjurecookoffherblist.html

2. Steaming herbs and breathing the vapour is an excellent alternative to burning incense, and the boiled herbs may, in many cases, also me used as an addition to a magical bath. Againl, not all herbs are skin-safe, so dilute, silute -- and know your herbs before you bath in them.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

How to place a packet of herbs behind a picture?

Unread postby Artaynia » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:11 pm

When placing herbs behind someones picture should the herbs? be held in foil?

I have mine in a plastic sachet behind a picture. I dont no if I should place protective herbs in the foil instead but I dont want to reverse the effect if I transfer it from the platic to the foil.
Artaynia

Re: How to place a packet of herbs behind a picture?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:15 pm

No such thing as 'reversing the effect.' by placing it in a different container. I do not personally like plastic for holding ritual items; so I understand your wanting to change it. I try to select appropriate containers like a mojo bag or a special container. The use of foil in spell work was discussed in these two posts...
foil-usage-in-freezer-spells--t4303.html
can-candles-be-set-on-foil-or-wax-paper--t12116.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you for that quick answer jwmcclin! Also for the links! Helpful!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Artaynia » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for the information and the links.
Artaynia

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

You two are quite welcomed, we are here to help when needed.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

spiders

Unread postby sacred healing » Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 am

is there any significance to using black spiders in conjure work :?:
sacred healing

Re: spiders

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 am

Miss cat wrote about it here http://www.luckymojo.com/spider.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

How to Prep Money Drawing Herbs

Unread postby TresIsIs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:46 am

I am a self taught herbalist, I love herbs and herbal teas. I know there medicinal properties of herbs and now that I am studying Hoodoo, I am learning the magical properties. I wanted to try my hand at it to know my magic.

I purchased herbs after careful study and perusing the herb-magic site. I have solomon seal root, alkanet, boldo leaf, fumitory, alfalfa, sassafras, thyme, peony root and others.

I am considering order a prepared money drawing bag to give me a boost. I plan on getting a whole queen elizabeth root, ginger, cleo may oil, bewitchingoil, and others when I have successful worked my magic. I am going to order a lot. I am writing down scriptures, affirmation, and psalms as well as clearing a space for Money drawing. I have money drawing bath ingredients from Scott Cunningham's book.

I read that one should soak love drawing herbs in Florida water before use to bring out the ashe.

I wanted to know if herbs must be ground to powder with a mortar and pestle or should I just going to use my coffee grinder because I need to work this money magic during the full moon.

I must set up a regimen to fortify my aura with money magnet energy. I was considering formulating a money drawing diet of greens and more greens to enhance the electromagnetic pull of my being on a cellular level.

I think 21 days is customary to see results or benefit for a new behavior.

Thanks for your suggestions.
TresIsIs

Re: How to Prep Money Drawing Herbs

Unread postby Mama Micki » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 am

TresIsIs,

Ashe is an African concept meaning the power of nature. Herbs do not need to be soaked in Florida Water; they are powerful as God made them.

Scott Cunningham's book is on the subject of Neo-Pagan or Wiccan herb usage and methods. There are some similar and shared usages in hoodoo -- and some differences as well.

I'd suggest that you get a copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by catherine yronwode. (The owner of Lucky Mojo and this website)
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 am

I agree with Mama Micki, purchase (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html) cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic; also listed here are excerpts from the book.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm with the above posters. Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic is the way to go to learn how to work with herbs and roots in *Hoodoo.* Cunningham's book is derived from other traditions.

In conjure we use herbs whole, ground up into powders, and in a variety of ways and now we don't need anything other than prayer and the herbs themselves to bring out their power.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby TresIsIs » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks you for letting me know that the herbs and prayer are enough. The herb curio text is on my list to purchase as well as a host of other items. I appreciate everyone for replying.
TresIsIs

General question about herbs?

Unread postby Artaynia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:30 am

Hi I was wondering can just having certain herbs etc in the home effect anyone in the enviroment even if there just their in storage can it have an effect on you or anyone that's around the herb even though Its not actually being used?
Artaynia

Re: General question about herbs?

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Artaynia --

Some herbs like Basil keeps evil away and bring peace to the home; generally the power of the herbs are used with intent. Your question is like "could i receive norishment or gain weight from having bread in storage in my kitchen?" No, you would have to eat the bread.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 pm

I have snake sheds, graveyard dirt, sulphur, and insecticidal chalk in my curio cabinet. My luck and spiritual energy have NOT gone to the dogs since I began keeping these things in the house.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 am

I think its fine to have your harsher stuff stored inside your home, but if you have a garage or a shed it might be nice to place those ingredients there--not so much because of the vibes but because if you have curious cats, determined dogs, or children they can get into them, make a mess, and possibly eat them (which in some cases is really not good). Keep your poisonous or unsavory things stored out of reach at the very least.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Artaynia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 am

I was asking more in a way of saying If theres pepper flakes in a room would there more likely be arguments in that room etc I was talking more on that level nothing like harmful things.
Artaynia

Unread postby aura » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Artaynia,

I'd ask you this:
1-have those red pepper flakes been laid for someone?
2-have those red pepper flakes been prayed over?
3-have you asked the Spirit of the red pepper to flare up tempers and enflame communication?

No?
It is not likely there would be more arguments in that room.

I use red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper on a regular basis in my home cooking. Neither my husband nor I is any more aggressive for that ;) On the contrary, the taste is quite pleasant for both of us. And the kitchen, where I store them, is where we have much of our most engaging conversation.

Hope it helps; blessings.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Artaynia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks I was using pepper flakes as an example but if herbs don't work in that way that's cool. Thanks
Artaynia

Do Dried Herbs Lose Magical Potency Over Time?

Unread postby 421718 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:15 pm

I was just wondering if herbs become less powerful and effective over time? At what point should you just buy new herbs to use, instead of using old ones?

Re: Do Dried Herbs Lose Magical Potency Over Time?

Unread postby MissMichaele » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 pm

If you are at all good at psychometry, let the spirit tell you when your herbs are expired. Otherwise, well, if they are too stale to use in the mundane way (whether cooking or medicine), they are probably too far gone magically.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Re: Do Dried Herbs Lose Magical Potency Over Time?

Unread postby 421718 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks for your response Miss Michaele, I appreciate it. I wish you a happy holiday season.

Preparing and dressing herb curios

Unread postby Doctor C » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello and thanks to all for making this forum such a great place. I was wondering if anyone could advise me preparing herbs for a mojo. I've read that lodestones, for instance, are baptized in whiskey and dressed with condition oil and/or sexual fluids. Is this to be done for something like Queen Elizabeth Root, as well?

Also, could a chunk of Dragons Blood be substituted for Sampson snake root in drawing a dominant male lover?

Btw, I've ordered Cat's book but it hasn't arrived yet.
Doctor C

Re: Preparing and dressing herb curios

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Hello, Doctor C, and welcome to the Forum.

You can anoint any solid root, and some folks do -- but by no means do all folks. You would do best to use an oil, just to lightly oil it. However, i personally would not do that with Queen Elizabeth Root as its own fragrance is so compelllingly lovely that i would hate to ruin it by adding another scent over it.

Dragon's Blood is more lucky and protective than "male dominating." Use John the Conquer Root or Master Root, if you don't want Sampson Snake Root -- although why you would not want it, i don't know, since it is a good, old-timey root and we sell it for only three bucks a pack!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Doctor C » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Hello Cat, thanks for the response! I just placed my order a few days ago and sadly forgot the Sampson Root. I want to tap into the full moon coming on Wednesday, so I would miss it waiting on the Sampson root. For the mojo, I'm using the Queen Elizabeth Root, lovage root, lodestone, and Q oil for anointing. I have dragon's blood on hand as well as some safflower petals, guinea grains, coriander, and cardamom. So, maybe the dragon's blood can be used for an extra kick and luck? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :-D
Doctor C

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Doctor C: That sounds like a lovely Mojo Bag you have cooking up! Keep us posted on how the construction goes for you. In regard to your first question, I always wake up my roots; whisper to them, speak with them, breathe on them, bring them to life! The more you do this the more they will speak to you and your intuition will take over. It takes time, but it will be so worth it in the end.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: VERY New

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 am

Hoodoo views each natural element as living and breathing with its own spirit. The world is connected and permeated by a world of spirits, natural, alive, and once alive. These spirits often make themselves manifest in a physical property that some can observe from the plant, or root we are working with. For example, Violet Leaves are shaped like hearts therefore they help with matters of the heart. This is called the Doctrine of Signatures. Conjure and other folk-traditions view this as God's purpose for that particular element of His creation.

The conjure doctor knows how to call upon that spirit as an ally and get it to work towards a particular purpose. Each of the spiritual qualities are woven together through the knowledge the conjure doctor has on what goes with what and are directed through the will, intent, and prayers of the practitioner.

But simply put the "magic" comes from the spirit of what we are working with!

Now, while this has been interesting, this is off-topic as it has nothing to do with actual products, but is instead on theory. We'll leave it up for others to read since so many posted, but for now try to stay on topic.

Thanks All!
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Hoodoo plants used in Palo Monte Mayombe, Ocha, Ifa?

Unread postby TRUE BLOOD » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm

what plants in hoodoo are also used in palo monte mayombe, ocha, and ifa?
TRUE BLOOD

Re: Hoodoo plants used in Palo Monte Mayombe, Ocha, Ifa?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm

TRUE BLOOD,

The best way to find that out would be to compare the plant lists in my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" with whatever sources you have for the various African and African Diasporic religions you just named. There are definitely some overlaps -- and some also overlap with usages in European folk magic and Native American folk magic.

Here's my book:

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode
$14.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Unread postby TwoOfCups » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am

Hello. I have a tendency to move my herbs and roots around, from bags to bottles and back again, the label sometimes falls off, or if I wrote it by hand smears off. I have some herbs WHICH I MOST LIKELY PURCHASED FROM LUCKYMOJO (The only reason I can't say with 100% surety is because the label is now missing). Since I paid for them, I would like to use them but can't remember what kind of herb it is. I have a photograph. If anyone would like to take a crack at naming the herb I can send it to you in a private message since we aren't allowed to post links here.
TwoOfCups

Natural energy in herbs.

Unread postby ozmalicious » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 am

As I have already asked about "charging" Items (herbs, roots, minerals), and got my answer (which makes much more sense to me than "CHARGING" your own power into an already naturally charged item)., I was wondering..

Would it make sense to say that you would be more "awakening" or "arousing" the herbs natural power by prayer or speaking directly to the item. And since many herbs, etc. have diffrent uses, you would also direct the power to that specific alleged use ?

It seems to make sense to me, what do you all think?

(Could I possibly say "make sense" anymore in one post? LOL)
ozmalicious

Unread postby aura » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:47 am

Hi, TwoOfCups,

We cannot provide that service, but you can go to Lucky Mojo['s Herb Magic web site and look at close-ups of each herb, one by one. The URL is

http://herb-magic.com

Good luck.

-----

Hi, ozmalicious,

What you're saying makes sense. You are working with the Spirit of the herb, root or curio itself and telling it what it's job is in the work you're doing. In the case of a mojo or other container spell, the sum of those parts, being told what to do and how to ''play nice'' together, is greater than their individual addition as they make together a stronger and more unified whole working to a specific, clear aim.
Forum Moderator

Animal Hair & Feathers

Unread postby Brother_Brad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Hello, I checked the Lucky Mojo catalog and you all do sell Black dog hair. In the description it says "For black arts work or break up spells".

1) Would it be correct to use black dog hair in a "bend me over" conjure I want to work on someone? (My idea is I want them to follow me around like a puppy dog).

2) Or when the catalog said Black arts in the description does it mean black dog hair is for making someone "as sick as a dog" ?

3) My next question, besides black, are there any other colors of animals that conjures can use? Like a Red Cardinal's feather in a conjure to give love the ability to fly quickly to me- etc?

Any views would be most appreciated!

Brother_Brad #1846
Brother_Brad

Re: Animal Hair & Feathers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

1) That's be okay. It need not be black for that purpose, just from a friendly and biddable dog.

2) Nope, you woud use Dog throw-up for that! (Gross.)

3) Certains birds and animals have symbolism in hoodoo, others do not. Start by looking through "Hoodoo Herb and Rot Magic." Most often the use is determined by the anmial's behaviour, not its colour. For instance, Parrot feathers pf any colour are used to make people talk.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby baybee27 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 pm

The info regarding the parrot feathers is quite interesting! I had never knew they had significance in hoodoo. And, a couple months ago, I just so happened to give a gift/ trick to a lover...it was a long beautiful feather from my Blue and Gold Macaw....:) Good to know, as I have a houseful of feathered babies...:)
baybee27

Unread postby Mel Casey » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:16 pm

I been studying and reading Hoodoo herb and root magic, I would like to know what herbs I can use to open the pineal gland ? If anyone can assist it will be deeply appreciated.
Bringing light in a world of darkness !
www.supremetransformation.com
Mel Casey

Unread postby magicinthemoment » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Machito

Great question. I too am interesting in opening my pineal gland.
magicinthemoment

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:55 am

Machito and magicinthemoment:

Open the book to page 209 and you will find the listing for all of the herbs of use to you in all psychic and divinatory work. With careful experimenting you will find that some of these resonate more with you than others will.

Happy reading and researching.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

LMCC Love Herbs Mixture

Unread postby Mezan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi :) I'd like to know if Love Herbs Mixture be good to use in a honey jar. It's listed as great for floor washes, spiritual baths, or a mojo bag, but it also seems like a good product to use in a love-drawing honey jar.
Thank you for always taking care of me, San Judas.

Thank you, St. Expedite!
Mezan

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

Good Morning, Mezan
ABSOLUTELY YES!!!
Have a great day!
Take Care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Ms Melanie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 am

Mezan,

The Love Herb Mixture is great for the uses you described as well as for a honey jar or bottle spell. You can also make an oil out of it :)
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist
Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread postby aura » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

That being said, if you intend to cook with the honey from the jar at some point - you may want to choose individual love herbs since the love herbs mix are dressed with a fabulous combination of love oils (boy they pack a punch...).
Forum Moderator

Bugs have gotten to my roots.

Unread postby daemongray » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:16 am

Hello all,

I used to keep my bones and roots in a box but found my Angelica root riddled with small holes and beetles merrily traipsing over it. I threw my herbs (Angelica, Lucky Hand, Bat Nut, Jezebel root, Orris root, nutmeg, and Master Root) into a zip top plastic bag then placed them into the freezer to kill whatever was still living in there. After a week I took them out and I noticed a few weeks later still more small brown circular beetles. I am at my wits end. I've grown together with these roots and separating them/keeping them in the freezer in a plastic bag between readings just does not sit well with me. I don't know what to do. Aside from buying entirely new roots and sealing them hermetically some how I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
daemongray

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Good Evening, Daemongray,
That unfortunately doesn't sound good.
My advice to you is to buy new ones. We don't know what type of energies (and bacteria) the herbs and roots have infested your; "crop".
To avoid this in the future, have plenty of bay leaves around. Insects HATE bay leaf. And I keep mine in a dry place with a stable temperature.
I'm so sorry that tis happened to you.
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Grinding Up Herbs/Roots

Unread postby greeneyes2 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:46 pm

I just had a thought ...
What will I need on hand for my herbs and roots to grind up fine if the situation or need arises ??
I notice some roots and herbs are larger and may need to be finer ground.

Will a electric bean grinder do ok?
greeneyes2

Re: Grinding Up Herbs/Roots

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Depending on the texture and fibrousness or woodiness of the herbs and roots, you may crush them between your hands; roll them under a rolling pin; use a wooden, stone, or iron mortar and pestle; or grind them in an electric grinder. Be sure to reserve these tools for non-food usage, as some herbs and roots used in magic are toxic when ingested.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby blackmirror » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:43 am

Greetings!

I understand the process of awakening/honoring herbs before use but I am wondering if they should also be spiritually cleansed beforehand? If so, what are some recommended ways of doing so?

Thank you for your time!
blackmirror

Unread postby aura » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:04 am

lousydowser,

I can't speak for others who will also no doubt have excellent advice for you, but I've never cleansed any of my herbs or candles prior to use and have never had any difficulty with my spell-work. It's not common practice in hoodoo to cleanse herbs - even candles and altar-tools are not systematically cleansed by all workers.
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 pm

lousydowser,

Like the earlier posters in this thread who wanted to know how to "prepare" herbs by soaking them in Florida Water Cologne, or asked what to "chant" over them, or how to "charge" them, or how to "cleanse" them, or how to "awaken" them, or how to deal with their "ashe" -- you are not yet understanding hoodoo.

* It may be that you have come to the practice of hoodoo from another culture's form of folk-magic and that you are under the impression that the other culture's ways are used in hoodoo -- but the practices are not necessarily similar or the same.

* It may be that in these internet days, when many new texts are being published that claim to represent African American hoodoo, you may have been exposed to these ideas through a fictionalized or fabricated source which is inauthentic.

Either way, it's not your fault, but we do have to correct you, and you do need to understand us.

This forum is not about worldwide folk magic theories and ways of working. It is only about hoodoo, African American folk magic.

In hoodoo there is no institutionalized way to engage a "process of awakening/honoring herbs before use" and there is no requirement that they should also be "spiritually cleansed" before use.

What there is instead is a tradition of praying Biblical verses or extemporaneous prayers over the herbs as they are combined for use. Lodestones may be baptized in whiskey, but they are minerals; herbs and roots are not placed into liquids unless one is making a tincture or a tea.

As others have said, you would do well to learn more about this tradition -- just basic knowledge about its history, origins, and ways of working. The book i wrote, "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," is a good start. You can read more about it here:

"Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic"
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

Here are some more free web pages, part of my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," which may also help:

"Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" (HITAP) Table of Contents
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooandreligion.html

Hoodoo History
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Hoodoo and Religion
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooandreligion.html

and, in this forum --

Basic Understanding of Traditional African American Hoodoo
basic-understanding-of-traditional-african-american-hoodoo-t19287.html-sid=000e79febb6020131611a379fe43f4f7

And i will close with a quote by my husband, nagasiva yronwode, from the above-linked forum thread. He wrote:

"The idea that hoodoo is a "freestyle" way of working is a common misconception on the internet. Ultimately, its origination may have been among outsiders to black culture who want to subtly "possess" hoodoo. Such people may think that by blowing hoodoo's constraints and stylistic nuances apart into chaos, they can claim the remnant fractions as their own, but they are likely to be sadly disappointed when hoodoo's authentic culture-bearers laugh in their faces and refuse to accept their novel rearrangements of a well-known or traditional conjure trick."

So keep asking questions, lousydowser -- but do not be surprised if, while you are learning, somone like me or one of the moderators here tells you that the query is based upon a false embedded premise. WE mean no harm and only want to help.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby theusurper2 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:05 am

Thank you Aura and Miss Cat to clarifying about to clean the candles, I always had the doubt, Every day I learn something new.,
theusurper2

Unread postby blackmirror » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:56 am

Thank you for making time to answer my question! I appreciate the tips and clarification!

I actually already own your herb book and I've read through those links before. I do try and only read primary sources and/or books/blogs etc by AIRR members and not just anything on the internet. I hadn't read a single thing about cleansing herbs but I do see a lot of reference to spiritual washes/washing of people, places and sometimes other items such as tools which is why I thought I would ask for clarification about herbs. Sorry I misused the term "awaken" as well; in the "Black Folder," and elsewhere, I have seen mention of the contents of a mojo bag being "breathed to life" which I interpreted as "awaken".
blackmirror

Unread postby icebergslim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:40 pm

I have a question. I have a little small like copper bucket in a cup holder of my truck. And I was wondering if I can use it as a helping hand or some form of rootwork. I put cinnamon, nutmeg, Allspice, ginger, basil, fennel seeds, garlic, marjoram, sage, cloves, and yellow mustard seeds in it already. I cut some of my hair, and wrapped it in a piece of paper that has three wishes on it, but I haven't put it in the bucket yet. I was thinking about putting a cloth on top of it after I put the paper in to seal it.

My questions:

1) Can I use it as a helping hand?

2) What else can I do to make it work?

3) Is it ok for people to see it?
icebergslim

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello, icebergslim,
Your questions are difficult to answer.
What type of spell is this? What is your intention?
Please clarify.
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby icebergslim » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I am sorry for the confusion. Those herbs I put inside the little bucket I have read are for money drawing,protection,law keep away and the Sage for wisdom.
I was asking. Can I use the bucket for hoodoo work?
for the money drawing, protection and to keep law away
and even though it's in my truck. Will it be affect if people see it?
icebergslim

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Hello, icebergslim ,
Yes, you can use a bucket.
And you can put personal items in it also.
BUT I personally don't like anyone seeing my spells.
Also, here are some additional money spells for you; www.luckymojo.com/moneyspells.html
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby icebergslim » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Thank you Miss Aida
icebergslim

Unread postby Angelkitty » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:45 am

Hi,

I was just wanting to ask advice on herbs and roots. Can Galangal be used in place of John the Conqueror root?

Thanks x
Angelkitty

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork