Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 am

linzer,

Empty out the contents of the jar in an appropriate disposal manner. Then you can recycle or reuse the glass. However if you want to keep working the jar, you can keep it as long as you need to.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

linzer

Unread post by linzer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 am

Thanks Stars!

1) What about the wax? I've just read recently that you needn't bother using candles with the honey jar. But I have done (for over a year) and have loads of it.

2) Do I have to throw all this at a crossroads?

Thanks in advance anyone.

pennylane9

Unread post by pennylane9 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 am

I was wondering if anyone out there could offer me some advice... I have been working on a situation for a month now (so still early days I know) but I want things to move on as quickly as possible, also I'm not sure what to do next.

Basically I made a honey jar for my ex, who is in a relationship now, but we still have a very strong connection. He broke my heart a long time ago and it's taken me a few years to build up a friendship with him again, but I've known him for 10 years so I didn't want to throw it all away- so I let him back into my life.

After we broke up he got into a relationship pretty quickly, and I moved away to another city so we had a lot of time apart, but I do know his relationship has always been quite rocky and they have already had one big break up (they got back together a year later).

We are very close again now, and he's recently moved back to the same area as me so we're spending a lot of time together again.

I started my honey jar a month ago and I've had some really good signs that it's working: he's contacted me out of the blue a few times, when I see him out and about he always pays me a lot of attention.... but I want to know if there's anything else I could do to move things along. Or what other angles I should be looking at with all this?

I know in my heart that he loves me still, but his current relationship is clearly blocking things. She has no family or friends around here and is clearly quite dependent on him, and I think he feels responsible for her. I don't want to cause her harm, but I can see that the relationship is not making him happy, and she's unhappy too really.

Any suggestions?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 am

pennylane9,

Have you read any of the pages concerning sweet jars?

Sweet jars as honey moves slowly, are not fast acting container spells. They are steady working though and do work once they get going. I would say that you shoudl get a reading to see what else needs to be done to get things to continue to go in a positive direction.

But why do you want to rush things? Rushing things makes things fall apart easily. Not to mention, you need to just go with the flow. However, I would get a reading to see what else you can do.

In addition, make sure that you do some kind of separation work which is completely obvious in what you need to do.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

linzer,

Whoa, before answering your first question, about disposal of wax when dismantling a honey jar spell, i need to set you straight about what you read, because it is extremely wrong.

You say, "I've just read recently that you needn't bother using candles with the honey jar." The wrong idea is contained in the words "needn't bother."

Let's look at sugar and honey spells as a "family."

There are sugar and honey jar spells with no additions beyond a name-paper and, possible a root or herb.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with candles on top.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with keys inside or outside, or both.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with keys plus candles on top.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with popsicle sticks inside.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with red apples or red onions as the containers.

There are sugar and honey jar spells with red apples or red onions as the containers plus living plants on top.

There are sugar and honey jar spells in which the prepared and prayed over sweetener is eventually used in cooking.

There are sugar spells which do not involve containers, such as the old Jewish spells in which sugar (either alone or in combination with other magical ingredients) is sprinkled at the four corners of a crossroads (depending on the methodology and prayers, this may be done to open the roads and//or to lure negative spirits away from the person or the home and send them back into the world).

There are many variations of these sweetening spells -- but the variations are each traditional, of long-standing, and built upon strong and authentic magical principles within the "sugar and honey jar spells family."

NONE of these variations arose because someone said, "You needn't bother using candles."

I would say that history shows us just the opposite. I believe the sugar and honey jar spells family arose independently of -- and may predate -- the widespread use of candle magic. I think that the oldest versions are the ones that employ loose sugar (such as the Jewish crossroads spells) and those which employ items buried loose or in a natural container (such as a red apple or red onion) under living plants, or which include the eventual use of the sugar or honey in cooking. I think the candle is a quick way of radiating the energy that a plant may radiate, that a crossroads may radiate, or that one may serve as food.

What i want you to take away from this is a promise to me, as a bright and attentive learner, to never think or say -- or believe the vapid instructions of anyone who thinks or says -- that you can do a spell and "not bother about" a traditional component of that spell which has a long history of use in that spell-family.

When told such things, always question!

Examine the mental state and the knowledge-base of the one who tells you such a thing.

Examine the spell itself schematically to see how the "removed" or "substituted" component functioned in the spell, and then ask why this version of the spell that you are being given eliminates that component or substitutes another component.

Is the "removed" component difficult to obtain at this time or location?

Is the "removed" or "substituted" component currently believed to be a health hazard or to pose an ethical dilemma to the user whereas in the past it was not so considered?

Is the "substituted" component easy to obtain or riding a wave of current popularity in the local magical community?

Is the "substituted" or "added" component the emblem of a specific sort of work which is being grafted on to the existing spell-family?

Is the use of the "removed" or "substituted" component highly obvious to bystanders such that a more subtle and less easily detected component would place the spell-caster at an advantage?

Reasons such as these -- NOT the idea that one does not need to "bother" with full spell-casting -- are the engines that drive the development of regional, cultural, and historic variations in spell design.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

path740

Unread post by path740 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

Hello everyone...... I have been doing a honey jar to get a job. I burn it on Mon, Wed, Fri. Today is Wed, everything was going great the candle was almost finished and then the flame shot up so high i have never seen this before all of the wax on top of the honey jar is gone. I took a picture of the flame. How do you attache a picture.
Each day is a new opportunity
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am

linzer,

Okay, now to answer your second question, which was, "Do I have to throw all this at a crossroads?"

The simple answer is "No," but there are serious problems with your question, as it shows a shallow understanding of the concept of the importance of the disposal of ritual remains as a closing act in the performance of a spell.

First, let me address the issue of attitude:

"Do I have to?" sounds like a child's question, either that of a tired, whiny child who wants to get out of doing something difficult, or that of a child intent on learning rule-sets for life, that is, the proper and accepted way to perform a task. In either case it is not the question of a willing, engaged, or committed hoodoo practitioner.

As a whine, "Do I have to?" goes right along with what you read elsewhere, that "you needn't bother using candles."

If one "needn't bother" with a traditional component and one doesn't "have to" properly dispose of the ritual remains, than what is left of the traditional form of work? Not much. The attitude is one of weariness, disengagement, and possibly even scorn for the tradition.

As a rule-set, "Do I have to?" is less negative, but it is founded in a misunderstanding of how folk-magic works and why we do it. We do not engage in folk-magic because we believe that rigidly following a set of rules in a certain order will invariably produce a certain result. Rather, we engage in magical acts from a spiritually commanding position, as one of a number of ways in which we self-determinedly engage the world while manipulating outcomes to our personal benefit.

I am not accusing you of being either a whiny child or a mindless follower of rule-sets. I am simply alerting you to the tonality of those words, to the implicit attitudes expressed. You might wish to examine this language and its origination within your own mind or within the minds of others whom you have encountered on the world wide web. If the performance of magic really does engage your spirit, emotions, social and cultural beliefs, religious traditions, and/or life aspirations, you will understand my advice, i believe.

So, for the first part of the second question, "YES, you really 'have to' dispose of the material in a ritually complete way." The spell must be brought to a close.

However, there is a second part to your second question, concerning the crossroads. In truth, to "throw all this to a crossroads" is NOT the only form of closure possible to you.

For instance, you might dispose of the ritual remains at a cemetery, or in your home yard, or in running water, or in fire. For a thorough account of the basis of ritual deployment and disposal, please see the page on "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" at my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice." The URL is

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Now, to your specific case: When disposing of a honey jar, the use of running water is very satisfying, as the honey is washed away while you release the spell. In the case of a sugar jar, the same may apply, but you might just as easily sprinkle the sugar at the four corners of a crossroads, to release the energies back into the world, and lay the wax down at the same time.

But there are even more possibilities. I will present just one, as an example. I do not know if this applies to you, because you do not tell us why you made a honey jar and why you are now disposing of it -- so this is just a totally hypothetical response to a hypothetical version of your question, and is not intended to apply to you in any way, except as a teaching aid:

Let's say that the honey jar you are disposing of was made for the love of a man and after years of working it you found that he was no good after all and you want done with him. Let's take it a step farther and say that he cheated on you and you now hate him and want revenge.

How would i advise you to ritually undo that honey jar now, with that specific information about the man, knowing that you now had a changed attitude toward him?

Here is one -- of about a dozen -- different spell suggestions i might make. Note that this suggestion does NOT involve a crossroads, which is why i chose it as a demonstration spell:

You could carefully break the built-up candle wax off the jar and melt it down and make a waxen dollie of it, and baptize it in his name. If you had any personal concerns of his, you could include them in the doll.

You could next get a bottle of Damnation Oil and a packet of pins. You could heat each pin in fire (the flame of your stove will do nicely) until it is red-hot, then dip it quickly in the Damnation Oil and stick it into the doll-baby, starting with the eyes (so he cannot see what you are doing), and proceeding through the traditional 13 points of pain and crippling, ending with his genitals, and cursing him all the while.

You could lay the doll-baby on a large cookie sheet which you can dispose of and will not miss.

You could both cover him over and make a solid ring around him of Crossing Incense Powder, to mess him up in every way imaginable. (I say Incense Powder here, not Sachet Powder, and you will presently see why.)

Now you could open up the sugar or honey jar and pour out the contents around the ring of Crossing Incense Powder, in a second ring that does not touch the doll. Sweetness and love are forever to be out of his reach, and the ring of Crossing Incense Powder prevents him ever achieving happiness.

You could next lay down a ring of Jinx Incense Powder over-top the ring of sugar or honey to jinx any sweetness that even tried to approach him. You could also cover over the doll-baby with Jinx Incense Powder.

You could take this mess, on the cookie sheet, to a graveyard or to his front porch (!) and carefully lay it down.

You could sprinkle lighter fluid all around the ring of Jinx Incense Powder that was mingled with the sugar or honey, and spiral it inward through the ring of Crossing Incense Powder, and at last arrive, by spiraling it in, to the genitals of the doll-baby, which was covered with Crossing Incense Powder and Jinx Incense Powder. You could strike a match and set the spiral of lighter fluid on fire, and the fuel of the combined incense powders would keep it alight. If you made this work well, and laid out the dimensions providently, the heat of the flaming and burning incense powder would melt that wax dollie and it would catch afire and be consumed utterly as you recited the following two Bible verses, with great emotion and depth of feeling:

The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me. (Deuteronomy 28:20)

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. (Isaiah 66:15 [)

Do you "have to" to this?

No.

But it's a strong ritual conclusion to a spell which started one way (for sweetness) and ended another way (in anger).

The point here is that you are the magician. You are the practitioner. You are the one who manipulates the tools and the components of the spell, and the job of work should exactly and perfectly match your mood, your cultural and religious traditions, your emotions, and your intentions. Do not perform a hoodoo spell out of habit or blind obedience to some random person on the internet. If you want to do this work, study and learn from other practitioners in the community who are committed to conjure in its most authentic and traditional ways, and who can tell you how and why they do what they do -- and then let spirit lead you all the way.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

pennylane9

Unread post by pennylane9 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks for your reply :)

I might sound impatient, I just want this situation to turn around sooner rather than later. But you're right, if it happens too quickly it probably won't be all that stable or long lasting. I read the honey jar page, I'm aware that they aren't quick fixes. I just thought is there something else that would be beneficial to this situation.

1) Should I do something in conjunction with the honey jar?

2) Or would that just be overwhelming?

3) I thought about skull candles (red) but I wasn't sure entirely.

4) I'm going to do a vinegar jar for them I think.

5) I contemplated freezing his girlfriend but I think that would be a mistake at this point.

6) I will also get a reading to clarify things.

Thanks again for your advice!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am

pennylane9,

1) You can perform any one of dozens of other love spells at the same time as, or physically in conjunction with, a honey jar spell.

2) No, and for further details, please read this "Spells FAQ" page at my free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html#9

3) A good choice if you want to get into someone's head, especially while they sleep.

4) Another good choice, and quite typical as the oppositional complement to sugar or honey jar work.

5) Why would you think this a "mistake"? If she is using magic, freezing her may be a good idea.

6) This is recommended. From your post we know that years have passed since your break-up, and so it would seem to be a good idea to check in on what is really going on here.

Oh, and i am merging this into the long honey jar thread, which contains ALL of the comments and questions about how sugar and honey jars and sweetening spells work, without reference to the specific brands of honey jars that we make and sell at Lucky Mojo.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 am

path740,

Although you posted about a honey jar, the question you are really asking is about candle flame divination. We do not do candle flame or candle wax divination in this forum. For the answers you want, please read this "Candle Magic Divination" page in my free online book "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... tml#signsA

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

RedSnake

Unread post by RedSnake » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Hi,

I'm about to start Crown of Success honey jar for my 6 years old son for his success in school and everything in life. I'm not sure how to write my petition tho. Do I write the petition first and then his name (how many times)? Or his name in the middle and petition around it like for love jar? Also what exactly I should write? I want this to be continuous work for years not only for a specific case. What is the best day to start?
Thanks in advance

path740

Unread post by path740 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Thank you...... I will read it over .
Each day is a new opportunity
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

pennylane9

Unread post by pennylane9 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:47 pm

catherineyronwode,

Thank you for the info and advice, I will definitely check out your book so I can plan what to do next :D I do feel that my honey jar is doing a good job, but I want to do something else too, just to put some extra energy into manifesting my goal. The thing I heard about freezing someone (now this might be totally wrong) was that you have to be careful as you are literally freezing someone out of your life, and if this girl's still with the guy (my target) I may inadvertently freeze him out too. I understood that freezing someone freezes their actions towards you, but can it actually keep someone away from you? Ahh, I'm going to look this up... but yes, I suspect she could be using magic too so this may be a good thing to do. Thanks again for the info, lots of stuff here to help me out- I think I need to order some more candles/oils etc and get going with this!

jazz888

Unread post by jazz888 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:40 pm

I would like to make my own honey jar for love and career, is the mini honey jar kit from LM all I needed to make one?

What else I need to order?

Please advice.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:52 pm

jazz888, Our honey jar kits are complete with everything needed. They come with one candle, and we recommend that you purchase one dozen candles extra.You will have enough oil to dress all the candles.
catherine yronwode

jazz888

Unread post by jazz888 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 pm

My question is:

The mini honey jar kit (for love) sold in LM shop is all I need to make the jar? What else I need to purchase (like herbs etc..) to put into the jar?

Can I also put in cinnamon or ginger?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi jazz888,

The kit already comes with all the herbs that you need. It is wise to purchase an extra dozen candles to work your jar with. And yes, should you so choose, you can add additional herbs like cinnamon or ginger.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

jazz888

Unread post by jazz888 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Thank you Aura.

What colour of candles needed for love? For honey jar

What colour candles needed for looking for a job? For honey jar

spree
Newly Registered

Unread post by spree » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 pm

What do I do next?

My ex and I broke up on 8/7 because he was unsure about his feelings for me and was not sure if he was ready to commit to a relationship.

I started a Honey Jar on 8/13 and stated my intent to have him come back to me, let go of his doubts, love me, and commit to me (I know, I asked for a lot).

We are at the point where we are now in contact every day. He has told me things like "maybe we will get back together in the future" and "I can see myself proposing to you in a couple of years" but we are still not officially back together.

On 8/25 he told me that he loved me for the very first time. Naturally, I am excited and happy because things are progressing. He is the one that contacts me first but I have been the one to initiate our meetings since the breakup (3 dates in total).

Since I am asking for him to commit to me and let go of his doubts, am I supposed to be patient and wait for him to verbalize that he is ready to give our relationship another shot?

Or am I supposed to ask him about his feelings at some point?

I don't want to mess up or intervene with anything that is going on with the Honey Jar if I'm not supposed to.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:06 am

Hi jazz888,

an excellent info-page on candle colour symbolism (and many other aspects of candle work) is available via the following link: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

For love, red, pink and blue are all used depending on the aspect you're working. Red is passionate, pink is more the romantic/friendship angle while blue is used for fidelity and peace in the couple.

For a job, green or brown can be used successfully as can yellow, blue or orange, again depending on what angle you're working the situation from.
Green is good for money endeavours of all kinds while brown is good if application processes are very long and bureaucratic. Yellow is good if you need more strength and go-getterness (and it's also good for money) while blue makes you come accross as likeable and non-threatening. Orange is useful if you need to improve your communication skills as well as for blasting through obstacles in the way.

Hope this helps!
Aura Laforest

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

aura gave me great advice about my honey jar & since I only have Pictures for now She told me use that & later on when my guy comes back add more personal stuff of his, I didn't even think about that but I have another question. I printed his pic because I only had it on my phone now since it's printed on & will get all soggy more faster that a regular pic will that affect it from working like it should? I was thinking to go to a professional & let them fix it

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:28 am

Your spellwork is for your target to "come back" [he came], "let go of his doubts" "love you" [he said he loves you] and "commit" I think you are on a good path. He has also stated his feelings, and he is back. You can surely get a short reading to answer your questions about if you should do this or that. But I see a sign and movement from your post. Also, honey jars are slow working but yours is definitely moving toward your goal.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 am

Wow that's great I can't wait to start mine :D but like the professionals say these things are an aid in helping you get what you want but you still control your destiny meaning you can still mess it up & effect all the work you've done so don't be pushy you're making progress ;)

spree
Newly Registered

Unread post by spree » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Thank you both for the quick replies! I was planning on getting a reading on what my next step should be but I did not want to obsess too much about the HJ (more so than I am already lol). I know the HJ is slow to work, I think that I am so excited that some of my wants have come to fruition so quickly that I am just ready for him to really commit and we can continue on with our relationship. But I am very happy and excited with what has happened so far. It's truly amazing!!!!

I'm definitely going to play it cool for now. I want him to be 100% sure without me having to ask him where things or going. I don't want to scare him off. Thanks LM and many thanks to the users on this site. I lurked on this site and did a lot of research on HJ's before I actually made one. My only regret is that I didn't make one sooner (when we were actually together). I will keep you all posted on the progress :D

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm

bfly30: Any picture will get "soggy" in the honey. This should not effect the work.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

bfly30

Unread post by bfly30 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:07 pm

@Joseph Magnuson thank you:D

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:20 pm

You are very welcome.
Joseph Magnuson

jazz888

Unread post by jazz888 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:29 am

Hi,

Will the below version of honey jar works as effective?

[Note: exact text removed as it appears to be a copyright violation. Redaction: jar, name of person or photocopy of person's picture, plus "three ingredients" -- there's along list from which to select. It is stated that rose water can be added to the honey and that you must "use at least three ingredients" and that "honey is always necessary." The spell consists of lighting a yellow candle (unspecified size or type) next to (not on top of) the jar for 7 days, while each day one is to "meditate" on the outcome one desires. After this, "you can throw the jar away." You can also say "a prayer to St. Expedite each day when you meditate." --cat]

Please advice.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 pm

jaz888,

My comments:

1) Please do not ever post copyright material on this forum. It is a violation of our terms of service. I have deleted the quoted material and compressed the spell you copied to retain only its basics.

2) If you add rose water or any kind of scented water to honey you will make an alcoholic drink called mead. If you add water to sugar, you will make beer. If the jar is sealed, the release of gasses from the fermentation may cause the jar to explode.

3) Honey is not "necessary." A sweet jar can be made with white or brown sugar, pancake syrup, molasses, or any sweet ingredient.

4) It is not necessary to use "at least three ingredients" in addition to sugar or honey. Many a great honey jar has been made with nothing but a name on paper and a chinaware bowl filled with sugar cubes. Sure, herbs help, as do other things, but there is no rule about how many other things you "must" have -- that's just stupid.

5) The colour yellow is notable for success and influence work; you would use a different colour of candle if your prayer was for love -- red for sex,pink for romance and reconciliation, blue for peace in the home.

6) It is a popular (but not necessary) custom to set a candle on top of the honey jar. This photo shows an Influence honey jar spell kit, as sold by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.:

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$18.00

and this photo shows a Lucky Mojo brand Love Me Honey Jar spell kit in use:

7) Hoodoo is not meditation. It is a form of folk-magic. It is Christian-based African American folk magic. If you want to know how to pray over a honey jar, here is a youtube video that features an African American deacon praying, to show you the style in which we work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs

8) To "throw the jar away" after seven days is ridiculous. It is neither proper use of the honey jar nor proper disposal. A honey jar can hold many, many candles over a long period of time. Here is a photo of a honey jar in service:

The wax layers are red to attract sexual passion; pink for romance, reconciliation, and fidelity; then blue to bring tranquility and healing. Look at the wax! Notice the many "tear drops" with which the spell started, and see how eventually, after weeks of candle burning, those tears have given way to protective blue "angel wings" -- the jar is now working very well, and the relationship is protected by divine spiritual forces.

Furthermore, when you have finished a job of work it is your duty to bring the rite to a close in an orderly and spiritually-minded manner. To "throw the jar away" just trashes the job. If you wish to ritually dispose of a piece of work, do so in accordance with the principles and customs traditional to hoodoo. Disposal of a sugar or honey jar can take many forms, depending on whether you want to deploy the jar and have the work continue or whether you want to dispose of the jar and bring the spell to an end or even to undo it.

For instance, if the spell is to be undone and we are considering disposal, some people wash the contents out in a river, the ocean, or other running water.

But if the spell is to be ongoing and we are considering deployment, some folks leave the jar sealed and bury it, but others prefer to take the lid off the jar and bury it to let Ants find it and carry the message it contains all over the world, and some people empty the contents of the jar into a hole in the ground and recycle the glass jar.

These and many other methods of deployment and disposal are outlined at my free "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" web page about laying down tricks and disposing of ritual remains:

9) All in all, the spell you posted was lame. It was not traditional in terms of candle usage or colour, it was filled with foolery about meditation, it stupidly advocated throwing away the work just as you got it set to go, and if you made it as described, you might have made a mess when your mead-jar exploded.

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Wow, honey jars are amazing. Last night, I've been feeling very insecure and worried, so while I prayed over my honey jar I asked God to send me a sign that everything was going to be alright and that I don't need to worry. The honey jar was for love.

This morning I found that the wax had formed a perfect pink heart. I feel a lot better. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm

This photo shows an Influence honey jar spell kit, as sold by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.:

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$18.00

and this photo shows a Lucky Mojo brand Love Me Honey Jar spell kit in use:

If you want to know how to pray over a honey jar, here is a youtube video that features an African American deacon praying, to show you the style in which we work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNvclTp4dUs

A honey jar can hold many, many candles over a long period of time. Here is a photo of a honey jar in service:

The wax layers are red to attract sexual passion; pink for romance, reconciliation, and fidelity; then blue to bring tranquility and healing. Look at the wax! Notice the many "tear drops" with which the spell started, and see how eventually, after weeks of candle burning, those tears have given way to protective blue "angel wings" -- the jar is now working very well, and the relationship is protected by divine spiritual forces.

Furthermore, when you have finished a job of work it is your duty to bring the rite to a close in an orderly and spiritually-minded manner. If you wish to ritually dispose of a piece of work, do so in accordance with the principles and customs traditional to hoodoo. They are outlined at my free "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" web page about laying down tricks and disposing of ritual remains:

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

KittyLove

Unread post by KittyLove » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:38 am

I just wanted to update what is going on with my situation. I ended up starting a new jar about 8 days ago. I discovered after a month of burning the last one everyday that the ink smeared again. So starting over I used a red pencil for the petition. Using 4 inch ritual candles it is now beginning to work. I will only ever use pencils for petitions that end up getting wet!
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

moneytakea

Unread post by moneytakea » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 am

Good day,

Im glad to hear that your spell is finally working out for you and going your way. Just a side note, why you ever using anything BUT pencil ? I don't know about much other practices, but from my knowledge every practitioner around me uses Pencil and these are not people from the US but from the good old countries like Africa, Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Haiti. Although they all practice different versions of magic, the basic ideas are the same. Do not ever use pen, I don't care what anyone tells you. I remember one root worker I used to visit when I was younger made me write a petition in PEN on WHITE BLEACHED Paper and months and years later guess what happened. NOTHING . It is a big deal to stray from traditions especially in the world of magic, I believe I heard even Ms.Cat state before, If a spell calls for a specific item, then a substitute is not viable. Don't try to do it and just get help.

That being said I see your story with failure of spells before. It took you too long to reach a worker who could of helped you, if you would of reached out sooner, I guarantee you non of this would of gotten this far. It's a common mistake for beginners out of disparity to search a spell up and simply begin it without remorse or respect to the spirit world, I don't blame you for this because we all make mistakes.

That being said since you said he has been coming home on a plane to see you , what I recommend is that you get some Stay At Home and Stay With ME to place around your house so that he will stay and not leave. But that won't come immediately, theres a lot of work to do.

First of all clean yourself AND your home, it does not matter how many candles you light and spells you perform, if you are not clean then your powers are hindered. I personally clean my self on a routine basis because you'd be surprised how much negativity you accumulate throughout working with the spirit realm. Sometimes you may call on things and it may not be the entity you want hearing your petition responding, especially if you are spiritually weak and a novice. However, after you clean your home and your self, burn some cleaning incense as well. Not only will it get rid of the negative energy but it will help all the good spiritual energy you have with in your home manifest.

Get some powdered egg shells and place it at your doors so that only spirits that answer to the light can enter and manifest. There's a million and one ways to protect your home and this is just one.

AFTER, you clean your self and your home you can begin work. A honey jar isn't a bad idea to sweeten things up , but keep in mind when working these things NO VIOLENCE. It does not matter how much crap he does or how much he walks out, do not fight or argue, let him. Peace is the key to winning a spiritual battle.

After you finally get him into staying, make sure he stays a couple of days. Long enough for you to work and your work to take effect. Get some powder for the house and put it in all corners and to make sure he stays. Finally once you feel the honey jar and the powder have worked enough to the point that you've got him, I STRONGLY recommend getting a Peaceful Home kit from LM. It will encourage peace at home and in the relationship and works wonders. If you have him there's no need to waste spiritual energy or herbs as Ms.Cat said continuously on him if you see he is going to stay. It'll settle matters at home and when you guys are home , you'll spend less time fighting and stressing and more time bonding.

To sum this up if you are still paranoid you can even go to a root worker and ask them to prepare a Stay at Home packet, which they will prepare with his personal concerns, which you will bury and it will ensure he can not leave the house and if he ever does he'll coming flying right back faster than he ever left. I still don't really recommend this however because it is a bit harsh.

Good luck though and I seriously hope you take everyone's advice here. A wise person once told me its good to listen to everyones advice but then act on yourself. I hope that everything turns out in your favor and that all your Guardian Angels and Saints will help you and your lover ensure the happiness you seek.
May your wishes be granted with great results.

Gracias a Dios Y Las 21 Divisiones

markx

Unread post by markx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 am

I started a Honey Jar 6 months ago, and it didn't work.

I still have that honey jar in my house, if I want to work on this target again can I use the same jar and put more candles on after 6 months of inactivity, or should I make a new one?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi markx,

To ascertain why it didn't work, you may want to ask yourself the following questions:

What was in the honey jar from 6 months ago, was it a kit from LM?

What was the intention and was that realistic?

How long did you work that jar before giving up: did you have a time limit within which you worked regularly?

Was there any other work needed (like road opener or break-up work, or cut and clear for yourself)?

If the old one didn't work, it might be best to take the personal concerns from inside it and begin anew, but first you may also want to consider getting a reading and/or a magickal coaching session (ideally both) to inform and guide your work. It will allow you to work more precisely and in the right places; alternatively it could avoid you wasting time trying to get a dead horse to walk.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

Ladyluv

Unread post by Ladyluv » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

I had my honey jar for 3 months but all of a sudden my guy have turn mean and he has been nice since I started it. Will it be smart to dispose it and start new or tried to continue to work on it since it's been so successful.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:32 am

I have never heard of not using a pen, only pencil. Many workers use different color inks for different purposes, or just write their petitions on the candles themselves.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 pm

I routinely use ordinary bleached paper -- typing/copy paper -- for my clients' petitions. But then, I do print psalms on it first.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I use all sorts of paper in my work. Colored paper, white copy paper, pages ripped from a bible or another book. And I love to use colored ink pens, matching the color to the work.
HRCC Student #1559

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Most of Moneytakea's advice is sound and good, and well spoken, but the pencil advice is idiosyncratic and not in line with what i know. I have been working in this tradition for almost 50 years and speak not from dogma, but from my own experience with many experienced elder workers.

Some say pencil, some say pen.

Some say use a pencil made with no eraser, some say any pencil will do.

Some folks like a quill pen with fancy coloured inks, others like a steel nib pen and black ink.

Some will write it with a ball-point, and some with a fountain pen.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.
catherine yronwode

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

I would really consider getting a reading on the situation before disposing of the honey jar. Just by the nature of a honey jar would not turn someone mean.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm a gay man and I've never started a honey jar but I would like to try one for the first time in order to bring new lasting love into my life. I have read the many pages on the forum and the pages on hoodoo in theory and practice but I'm still not entirely certain on how to use it for new love (with no one in particular in mind), I have an idea for the oils and herbs I would like to use and have a list of the qualities for the man I wish to attract that I am going to pray over daily but I'm not sure what to put on the name paper, maybe "My True Love" as for what I'm going to write continuously on the edge around that I thought of using an ideas of miss cats and writing "All My Love Come To Me" over and over again, but that's purely all done thru intuition, any other ideas?
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

Savannah

Unread post by Savannah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 am

If working a jar on a bunch of people.... Could you put in a list of all their names if you have no personal items/pics?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 am

Yes you can Savannah. Ideally, if you can at least get their dates of birth, that will help. For photographs - try facebook, twitter or any other social media.

Bythebayou, ''My True Love'' sounds good for the name paper. ''Compatible Partner'' is also a good one if you're more cerebral about romance. For what you write around the name paper ''LoveComeToMe'' can work well. Other alternatives would include ''LoveSexRespect'' which are a good trio in any relationship, or ''LoveFidelity'' if that's a quality that you're looking for.
Aura Laforest

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:54 am

aura wrote:Yes you can Savannah. Ideally, if you can at least get their dates of birth, that will help. For photographs - try facebook, twitter or any other social media.

Bythebayou, ''My True Love'' sounds good for the name paper. ''Compatible Partner'' is also a good one if you're more cerebral about romance. For what you write around the name paper ''LoveComeToMe'' can work well. Other alternatives would include ''LoveSexRespect'' which are a good trio in any relationship, or ''LoveFidelity'' if that's a quality that you're looking for.
Thank you so much I'm definitely going to use these ideas.
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

openminded

Unread post by openminded » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Is there any possible way to purchase solely the mini herb packets that come with the crown of success & king solomon honey jar kits + the instructions for school + good grades success? I am asking because I want to use my own jar + local honey because I feel it's important. I'd also be purchasing the CoS + KSW anointing oils.

Any help would be great!

Edit: In addition, I am curious if any of the mini herb packets contain peachtree leaves & sage? Just trying to figure out what I need to get. Think I should incorporate a J the conqueror root in there too. This honey jar needs to be strong and good because it'll be in use for the next 3-4 years.

I read honey jars take time to work so I need to start working on one as SOON as I can get all the supplies for it at my door step.

Savannah

Unread post by Savannah » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm

aura wrote:Yes you can Savannah. Ideally, if you can at least get their dates of birth, that will help. For photographs - try facebook, twitter or any other social media.

I actually can get handwriting from them all, their signatures! I will use that ;) thanks!!!

openminded

Unread post by openminded » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Any suggestions? I'd appreciate it.

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey spree,
I'm actually having a similar breakup with my exboyfriend. There are various versions of the honey jar ritual I saw, which one did you use? I want to get back with my ex badly and it relieves me to see that someone going through the same thing as me be successful. I'm very much new to this by the way.

RedSnake

Unread post by RedSnake » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 am

Hi,

I'm about to start Crown of Success honey jar for my 6 years old son for his success in school and everything in life. I'm not sure how to write my petition tho. Do I write the petition first and then his name (how many times)? Or his name in the middle and petition around it like for love jar? Also what exactly I should write? I want this to be continuous work for years not only for a specific case. What is the best day to start?
Thanks in advance

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 pm

okay so im brand new to this so bare with me please. my only question is how long do you burn continue burning candles on top of the honey jar? Is it until the spell works or is it done continuously until you're done with the relationship? If it has been said before, Im sorry I may have overlooked the details or I'm just searching for clarity.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:54 am

Hi openminded:
The blends used in the honey jars are proprietary so I sincerely doubt you'll be informed on the individual constituents of the combos. Likewise, unless Miss Cat can confirm otherwise, I don't think you'll be able to just purchase the herb packets. Since you already have an idea what you want, why don't you craft your own with the sage & peachtree leaves you suggested, add to the John the Conqueror root you mentioned and then complete with the addition of Master Root, Master of the Woods, Sampson Snake root and some deer's tongue.

Hi RedSnake,
there are many ways to write petition papers. One way would be to write your son's name 9x, then turn the paper 90 degrees clockwise and write ''success'' over his name 9x. Then circle the name and the success with ''schoolsuccesslifesuccess'' in an unbroken circle all the way around. Sunday is a great day to start work for success, particularly during the waxing moon with increasing clock hands (a timining triple-whammy if you will).

Hi Hopefull,
there is no fixed rule about how long you work a honey jar. Some are worked for years and years, you can't even see the glass of the jar for all the wax melted around and over it. Generally sweetening someone is an ongoing process, therefore the jar is continued as long as you desire that action to continue.
Aura Laforest

openminded

Unread post by openminded » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:22 am

aura wrote:Since you already have an idea what you want, why don't you craft your own with the sage & peachtree leaves you suggested, add to the John the Conqueror root you mentioned and then complete with the addition of Master Root, Master of the Woods, Sampson Snake root and some deer's tongue.
Hi Aura! Thats,pretty much what I did.. Pick and choose the herbs that would be best for me. I have more comfort knowing what is going in vs a random selection of herbs.

I was wondering, is it okay to work two honey jars for two different things at the same time? Or should I work one for like a week, and get that one going before starting the other?

Thanks for your help!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi openminded,

Rest assured that the LM honey jars have the correct herbs for any given purpose: there are some extremely talented rootworkers working there and miss Cat has authentic, time-tested recipes.

That said, yes you can work two honey jars simultaneously for different things.

Blessings and success in your works.
Aura Laforest

openminded

Unread post by openminded » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:54 pm

aura wrote:Hi openminded,

Rest assured that the LM honey jars have the correct herbs for any given purpose: there are some extremely talented rootworkers working there and miss Cat has authentic, time-tested recipes.

That said, yes you can work two honey jars simultaneously for different things.

Blessings and success in your works.
Thanks again aura,

Totally didn't mean to brush off or disregard the herb packets at all, I am certain they are completely amazing. It's just a personal thing. Kind of like I prefer to know what's in my food type of thing. Haha! Regardless I ordered all my herbs and even a few oils right off the LM site because I know I'm receiving the best. :-)

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks aura :)
Alright 2 more question. I have everything I need for my honey jar, except for my lover's DNA, I have a used toothbrush that he left. How can I incorporate that into the spell? And lastly, I've read in other sites to light the candle either every night before bed for a certain amount of days, some say certain days of the week like on lucky mojo; does it matter about which day and how many days to light the candle?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Hopefull,

for the DNA, cut a couple of hairs from the toothbrush and use that as the personal concern in your packet for the honey jar.

When it comes to lighting candles on the jar, the reason that you have read different possibilities is because there are many! Some burn a candle everynight until there is movement or completion, some work a jar a certain number of days a week or on specific days of the week, some just keep work going on an established honey jar by burning a candle once a week. So which you choose will depend on the nature of the work and how tough a cookie you're trying to crack.

Blessings and hope this helps!
Aura Laforest

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you aura! :D you've helped a ton :)
You're amazing! I'm going to start my honey jar tonight :)))

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:22 am

hello

I was wondering, I made a honey jar for love, will opening the jar and taking some honey out to use on the candle I will burn for the same honey jar be ok? or will it affect my spell? thank you, any info will help =)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Hopefull: Remember to read clearly and correctly, as you may one day recommend the very person who helped you out. Her name is Aura! :)

bluebutterfly 12: I would not start burning up the very honey you are using to sweeten your target, That may not be the best route to take. The honey will crystallize, turn black, and burn. I will let you decide if this is what you are looking to have happen.
Joseph Magnuson

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”